Motivation Beyond Fear: Underachievers vs Overachievers — Tripp Lanier
Do you have “just enough disease” or “never enough disease”?
Is there a better motivation than fear?
And how can we learn to turn pro, find flow, and finally do what matters?
Today we discuss ways to find motivation beyond fear, develop our self leadership, and get out of the feast or famine cycle.
In this episode:
* The (2) types of fear based motivation
* “Just enough disease” and “never enough disease”
* Getting out of a prey mentality
* Developing self leadership and sovereignty
* Turning pro and finding flow
* Always pushing but never getting anywhere
* Our inner critic and the fear of being a loser
* Creating from something deeper than fear
* Stephen Pressfield on Turning Pro, The War of Art
* Getting out of the feast or famine cycle
Click here for Tripp Lanier's book This Book Will Make You Dangerous: The Irreverent Guide For Men Who Refuse to Settle.
Tripp Lanier is…
Tripp Lanier is the author of This Book Will Make You Dangerous, and host of The New Man Podcast: Beyond the Macho Jerk and the New Age Wimp which — for over a decade — has been downloaded millions of times.
As a Professional Coach…
Since 2005, he has spent thousands of hours coaching people all around the world to get out of the rat race, become an authority in their field, and make a great living doing the work they were put on this earth to do. Over the years he’s designed several businesses to support a simple lifestyle focused on freedom, ease, meaning, and fun.
As Host of The New Man Podcast…
Tripp Lanier has conducted hundreds of interviews with experts and authors from all walks of life including:
* Tim Ferriss (The 4 Hour Workweek, The 4 Hour Body, The 4 Hour Chef)
* Laird Hamilton (Big wave surfing legend)
* Ryan Holiday (The Obstacle is the Way, The Ego is the Enemy, The Daily Stoic)
* Phil Stutz and Barry Michels (The Tools, Coming Alive)
* Dan Millman (Way of the Peaceful Warrior)
* Steven Pressf...