Ashley C. Ford is a writer and podcast host. Her memoir, Somebody's Daughter, is forthcoming from Flatiron Books.
“For the first time I felt like I had so many more choices in my life than I originally thought I had. That was my first realization that I did not just have to react to the world, that I could be intentional in the world, and just curious about what came back to me.”
Thanks to Mailchimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Fortune Favors the Bold podcast
- 4:30 "Roger Loves Chaz" (Roger Ebert • Sep 2012)
- 11:00 The Giver (Lois Lowry • Houghton Mifflin • 1993)
- 17:15 Ford's commencement speech at Ball State
- 25:30 Ford's archive at Buzzfeed
- 40:30 "Ashley C. Ford’s Debut Memoir ‘Somebody’s Daughter’ Finds Home at Flatiron" (Paperback Paris • 2018)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.