In this week's episode, we have an incredibly valuable conversation with Kim Scaravelli, about how to manage your Twitter account in just 30 minutes a day.
Kim, a communications pro and owner of trust communications in Halifax, Canada, is an expert when it comes to social media. She shares tremendous value in this episode. In fact, it's almost like a free Twitter management class!
If you're new to social media, or feeling overwhelmed, and spending too much time on Twitter, you'll definitely get a lot out of this episode.
Key points from Kim:
- If your ideal audience isn't on Twitter, you don't need to be there
- Twitter has a voracious appetite. So there's really no point in taking your brand onto Twitter, if you are going to tweet once or twice a week
- Understand your brand voice before tweeting
- Use a content calendar, such as Buffer
- Tweet at least eight times a day
- Offer your followers value, don't keep tweeting ads for your product or service
- At least four times a day, retweet something by someone else, and don't just retweet, comment on it so your followers understand why your retweeting the content
- Timeless tweets often give more value.
Kim also covers other points about doing impactful shoutouts, and be sure to interact with those who have interacted with you.
Says Kim: "At the end of the day, it's social media, it's not torture media. If this is the most stressful part of your day, you spend, you know, two hours a day doing social media and six hours a day complaining about it, stop!
"Once you actually get that hang of it, and you're actually talking to people, you're having conversations with people, then it's fun," she explains. "It's just like a coffee date. Or it's just like saying 'Hi' to somebody in the bank lineup. Relaxing is one of the keys to success on any kind of social media."
You can find Kim on Twitter at twitter.com/KimScaravelli, and at Trust Communications.
This episode is sponsored by the Published Author Podcast. If you're an entrepreneur who wants to publish a nonfiction book to grow your business, then this is the podcast you've been waiting for. The Published Author Podcast will help you become an author and show you how to build a thought leadership system around your book. With this, you can grow your business land speaking gigs, grow your tribe, and lots more. Go to Published Author for more details!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/communicateinfluence)