On a week that exhausted us both we slowly descend into madness and conspiracy theories. This episode could be the last that you hear from us – but it won’t be. We talk about a cool genus of plants, Mexican botanist Helia Bravo Hollis and the right way to draw icebergs.
- The Song of Achilles
- Flora and Friends Podcast
- Flashes in the Twilight – Science Talk Archive
- Nasturtium (Tropaeolum majus)
- ‘Flashes upon the inward eye’ : Wordsworth, Coleridge and ‘Flashing Flowers’ – Wordsworth Grasmere
- New waterproof surface is ‘driest ever’
- How to use nasturtium & recipe collection
- Thank you, Luis de Luna!
- Helia Bravo Hollis (1901 – 2001) Google Doodle in her honour, A lifetime among Cacti: Helia Bravo-Hollis – Biodiversity Heritage Library
- MC HAMMER on Twitter: “You bore us. If science is a “commitment to truth” shall we site all the historical non-truths perpetuated by scientists
- ? Of course not. It’s not science vs Philosophy … It’s Science + Philosophy. Elevate your Thinking and Consciousness. When you measure include the measurer.… https://t.co/ZXGObNdJei”
- Impact of Bt Brinjal Cultivation in the Market Value Chain in Five Districts of Bangladesh
- The Impacts of GM Foods: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial of Bt Eggplant in Bangladesh
- Vivid biofluorescence discovered in the nocturnal Springhare (Pedetidae)
- There’s a Secret Message Coded Into Percy’s Parachute. But It’s Not The Only One
- Calibrating Mars
- Percy Rover on TwitterA new reproductive mode in anurans: Natural history of Bokermannohyla astartea (Anura: Hylidae) with the description of its tadpole and vocal repertoire
- Sticking to its roots: taking action to save the sweet potato’s name | Kew
- (2786) Proposal to change the conserved type of Ipomoea, nom. cons. (Convolvulaceae)
- Australia: Oldest rock art is 17,300-year-old kangaroo
Check out the new episode of the Plant Book Club!
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!