This week on Destination Linux, we’re going to discuss firewalls. Specifically, what the heck are they? Do you need to set one up? Does your distro have a default firewall and our favorite firewall software. Google is now a privacy ally…or at least that’s what they’re marketing. Later in the show, we’re going to discuss 0 A.D. and Steam Link enhancements for Linux. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Sponsored by: do.co/dln
Sponsored by: bitwarden.com/dln
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Ryan (DasGeek) = dasgeekcommunity.com
Want to Support the Show?
Michael Tunnell = tuxdigital.com
Jill Bryant = twitter.com/jill_linuxgirl
Noah Chelliah = asknoahshow.com
Support us on Patreon = https://destinationlinux.org/patreon
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
Support us on Sponsus = https://destinationlinux.org/sponsus
Destination Linux Network Store = http://dlnstore.com
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 = Welcome to DL 216
- 01:04 = Reminder: DLN LUGcast on March 21st!
- 01:47 = Community Feedback: Linux Laptops with Touchscreen Support
- 06:18 = Digital Ocean – App Platform / Cloud ( https://do.co/dln )
- 07:45 = Do you need a Firewall on Linux?
- 24:07 = Noah Outtake
- 27:40 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 29:31 = Google Cares About Your Privacy Again?
- 40:21 = Valve’s Steam Link Now Available On Linux
- 44:15 = Game of the Week: 0 A.D.
- 47:53 = Software Spotlight: Optimizer
- 48:49 = Tip of the Week: Podman Checkpoints
- 49:35 = Ryan’s Visit to Computer Museum of America in Roswell GA
- 54:08 = Outro