Join James Cridland and Sam Sethi on this week's jam-packed show
- Jake Warren - Message Heard
- Benjamin Bellamy - Ad Aures
- Norma Jean Belenky - PodBean
- Next week, Podbean is to run a Finance Podcast Week: a week-long livestream and podcast event focused on finance podcasts (with many podcasters lined-up to speak). A full pass is normally $39, but use the code PODNEWS and you can get in free.
- Podcast Movement has announced the dates and venues for their in-person events in 2022. Podcast Movement Evolutions will be in Los Angeles CA from March 23-26. Podcast Movement 2022 will be in Dallas TX from August 23-26. Podnews aim to be at both.
- Use Chartable or Podsights to measure your traffic? Overcast will no longer appear in your data: Marco Arment, the developer, has decided to skip those redirects entirely, after they have, he claims, become increasingly affected by ad-blocking DNS servers.
- Marco Arment from Overcast reversed his experiment of skipping some analytics prefixes when played in the app, within a few hours of our publication yesterday.
- Is there an opportunity for Incognito Mode for Podcast Apps? Our Editor, James Cridland, writes a proposal that would avoid interference from ad-blockers, ensure IPv6 compatibility, allow users to control attribution of their behaviour as well as allow podcast publishers to retain control. Your feedback would be welcome.
- Play just one second of a podcast on Spotify, and you’ve downloaded over 90 seconds of audio - enough to count as an IAB certified podcast download. Writing in Sounds Profitable this week with Claritas, Bryan Barletta concludes: “podcast streaming is a myth”.
- Is Apple getting ready to launch paid subscriptions? One of the changes in the new iOS 14.5 beta 4, released yesterday, is that Apple has stopped describing all the content in Apple Podcasts as 'available for free’
- Previous Episodes: https://www.podland.news
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more