In this second episode of the Data Driven CX podcast, we discuss CX Data Strategy. CX is very much at the heart of Digital Transformation and almost every initiative will be driven by, or dependent on, data. To have a data strategy is to think about data as a strategic asset and make sure you maximize data leverage.
How then do you build your data strategy in support of CX? Trevor Hodges introduces a data strategy framework that can help structure your thinking and promote consistency. The framework has been designed based on hundreds of customer engagements in the history of Informatica, which has allowed us to capture best practices and understand core elements to ensure successful outcomes. Using a framework such as this will decrease risk, support collaboration, and serve as a communication tool.
The framework consists of five building blocks:
- The “CX Data Strategy” building block sets the stage for the overall data strategy, it defines your business drivers, needs, and enablers.
- “Data Capabilities” defines the set of capabilities needed to support your wider business and digital strategy, leading to higher-level business outcomes.
- The “Program Management” building block defines the ownership, governance, planning and execution.
- The “Change Management” building block ensures attention to cultural aspects, skills, roles, training, and enablement.
- And transcending all the layers is the building block of “Measure and Monitor” - the measures you require to assess the effectiveness of your program.
Trevor shares a customer example, then provides some advice on how to pick the right projects to get things started. This involves taking both a bottom-up and a top-down perspective.
We end this episode by touching on Informatica’s own focus on customer experience and customer success.
Some resources to learn more:
Blog Driving Data Strategy in the Digital Age - a Framework for Agility
Blog Change Management - a Critical Component for Sustainable Enterprise Data Strategy
Informatica e-book Intelligent Disruptors: Meet the Experts Behind Customer 360 Initiatives
Digital CX: Expert Insights ebook by CX Networks, Informatica and Accenture
Webinar with CX thought leader Blake Morgan: 12 Steps to Digital Transformation
Connect with Trevor on Linkedin