This week’s episode of Destination Linux, we breakdown all of our systems for Backups & Data Recovery! We have some great news on how Open Source is being used to fight rare genetic diseases on multiple fronts. Later in the show, we’re also going to cover Facebooks latest 500 Million record breach. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux. So whether you’re brand new to Linux and open source or a guru of sudo. This is the podcast for you.
Sponsored by: do.co/dln
Sponsored by: bitwarden.com/dln
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Ryan (DasGeek) = dasgeekcommunity.com
Want to Support the Show?
Michael Tunnell = tuxdigital.com
Jill Bryant = twitter.com/jill_linuxgirl
Noah Chelliah = asknoahshow.com
Support us on Patreon = https://destinationlinux.org/patreon
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
Support us on Sponsus = https://destinationlinux.org/sponsus
Destination Linux Network Store = http://dlnstore.com
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00:00 = Welcome to DL 221
- 00:00:48 = Community Feedback: Linux Gaming Just Works!
- 00:05:24 = Digital Ocean – App Platform / Cloud ( https://do.co/dln )
- 00:06:49 = How To Recover from System Failure (Our Methods)
- 00:35:21 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 00:37:46 = Using Open-Source To Fight Rare Genetic Diseases
- OpenTreatments + Linux Foundation
- Open Medicine Foundation
- 00:41:23 = Gotta Love Those Outtakes
- 00:45:54 = Facebook Data Leak: Affects 500 Million Users
- 00:54:29 = Linux Gaming: Warzone 2100
- 00:57:23 = Software Spotlight: Avidemux Video Editor
- 01:00:44 = Tip of the Week: Benchmarking Tools
- Blender Benchmark
- Some Games Have Built-in Benchmarks: Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Phoronix Test Suite
- GNOME Disks
- 01:03:15 = Outro