Join Dr. Alex Koo, active duty Army emergency physician, as he discusses dental emergencies, a common emergency department complaint, but an uncommon educational topic. We'll discuss an approach to collecting a focused history, physical, as well as formulating a thorough differential and treatments for common ED dental emergencies. Some questions that we'll answer are:
- What are the red flags we should be aware about for dental complaints?
- What is the basic anatomy and nomenclature for numbering teeth?
- What differential should be considered for traumatic and atraumatic dental complaints?
- How should we treat dental pain?
- How do I splint a tooth in the emergency department?
We answer these questions and more in this episode!