Between COVID work stoppages, a massive stock surge, a strategic tech acquisition, partnering with legendary automotive engineer Sandy Munro, and the general fits and starts of pre-production, Arcimoto, maker of semi-enclosed electric three-wheelers, has had an eventful year. This week Oliver interviews their CEO, Mark Frohnmayer, to shed light on the company’s manufacturing progress and long-term ambitions—and why he believes heavy micromobility is vital to the future of electric vehicles.
This is the audio version of the video from the Micromobility Show on Youtube. Check out the link to the video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTzO9wekyiA).
If you like this, you will also likely like the interview we did with Mark back in November 2019 on Episode 46.
Specifically, they dig into:
- What is Arcimoto and the FUV?
- How Mark got into lightweight electric vehicles
- The no man’s land between bikes and cars
- Arcimoto’s coming "Platform 2"
- The regulatory situation for 3-wheeled vehicles
- Licensing requirements to drive
- Sandy Munro’s influence
- Technical debt of Arcimoto
- Arcimoto’s mini delivery vehicle, the Deliverator
- How Arcimoto sees competition