The very visual, very professional, and 100% kitten-free podcasts of MGoBlog, featuring the MGoPodcast with Brian Cook, Seth Fisher, David Nasternack, and Ace Anbender, as well as The Teams historical podcast (Seth & Dr. Sap), The Ace Pod, The Michigan Hockeycast (David & Anthony Ciatti), and recorded versions of MGoRadio (Brian & Seth) and the WTKA Roundtable (Brian, Sam Webb, Craig Ross, and Ed Feng)
- Coastal Carolina transfer DeVonte’ Jones: crafty, likes to steal it, three-pointer is more of a set shot not a pull-up. Athleticism questionable. Great around the rim. Great insurance policy. Can shoot a free throw. Can he D up? Will his shooters improve here?
- Ceiling for hoops next year? Final Four team? We think Barnes is underrated, Chaundee-like jumper. Houstan is an instant third banana at the three. Those guys plus Eli and Johns give you shooting if it’s not coming from point.
- Why hasn’t Franz declared yet? We’re not sure. Speculate he’s doing it after finals? Maybe Mo is using the Izzo’s basement situation?
- How do they fit everyone together? Diabate at the four with Dickinson at the five? Tschetter? Think T.Williams is a better option for fourth guy in the frontcourt.
- Dickinson growth: Right hand, shooting threes.
- Football recruiting: What is Michigan getting in Tyler Morris? Seth says Golden Tate—so smooth, Sam says Ronnie Bell. ACL injury moved up his recruiting timeline, canceled his senior season.
- Sam makes us watch film on FL 3* DT Jordan Phillips, whom we think could commit on the visit this weekend. We like. Seth thinks a commit would necessitate a lot of defense, as Alabama’s class right now is “Let’s wait and see who we want then take them.”
- NCAA: 12-team playoffs, since they ruined the bowl games. Transfer portal effect on fandom? Emmert extension: very clarifying. There’s no cost to getting rid of that guy. NCAA is just going to do anything to avoid paying players.