After seven years in Melbourne, nurse and mum-of-two Pamela Waugh decided to return home to Scotland with her husband to be closer to their family.
In 2013 the couple from Dumbarton, near to Glasgow, sold up and emigrated to the other side of the world on working holiday visas. In September 2020 they moved back as dual British-Australian citizens.
Pamela talks about sponsorship, permanent residency, Aussie salaries and the cost of housing in Melbourne.
Bullet points of key topics & time stamps:
● 03:22 – find out how Pamela found work as a nurse in Australia
● 05:56 - Pamela explains her reasons for moving back to Scotland
● 14:37 – find out how much the big move cost the family of four
● 19:04 – Pamela tells us what items she brought back to the UK
● 23:19 – salary comparison between Australia and the UK
List of resources mentioned in episode, suggested reading & social media handles:
● The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
● Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
● Permanent Residency in Australia
● Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 pandemic
Britstralian Producer and Host: Anna Moran
Follow us on Instagram
Find us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Join our Facebook community to discuss the show.
Share this podcast
Britstralian acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land we have recorded this podcast on. The area now known as the City of Armadale was originally occupied by the Noongar people many thousands of years before European settlement. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
NOTE: The views and opinions shared by the guest(s) in this podcast are the views and personal experiences of the guest(s) and are not necessarily representative of the views or opinions of Britstralian and the host.