On the May 13, 2021 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter bought a new camera, the Insta360 one x2, and used it for the first time at the Annual Passholder reopening of Knotts Berry Farm. He rode the new Beary Tales: Return to the Fair and more.
- Jacob interviewed Dave Bautista and wants to plug it.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Jacob and Chris watched Army of the Dead and Spiral: From the Book of Saw.
- Peter is almost the last person to see The Mitchells vs. The Machines, and saw the Brian Pullman two-episode season premiere of Dark Side of the Ring, and got Discovery+ and started Expedition Back To The Future.
- Jacob watched In the Heights.
- Brad watched Profile and Calibre.
- Chris watched Those Who Wish Me Dead.
- Hoai-Tran has been watching Columbo.
- Ben watched West Side Story, The Hot Rock, and So I Married an Axe Murderer.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter tried Takis for the first time.
- Brad snagged Pepsi Blue, tried a Dr. Pepper Float at Arby’s, Strawberry Ice Cream Cone Hershey’s Kisses and Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Cereal.
- They Hacked McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines—and Started A Cold War
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.