EP264 - Retail Earnings, E-Commerce Quarterly Data US Dept of Commerce Data
April Sales – Flat vs. March 2021, up 41% vs. April 2020 (severely Covid impacted month). Many categories were wildly up, most notably Apparel which was up 727% vs the same month last year.
Q1 E-Commerce – Up 7.7% vs Q4 2020, up 39.1% vs Q1 2020. Retail Q1 Earnings
- Walmart – US E-Commerce up 37% YoY, same-store sales saw up 6% YoY
- Target – US E-Commerce up 50% YoY, same-store sales saw up 18% YoY
- Macys – US E-Commerce up 34% YoY, same-store sales saw up 62.5% YoY
- TJ Max – Same-store sales up 16% YoY (E-Commerce not disclosed)
- Lowes – US E-Commerce up 36,5% YoY, same-store sales saw up 11.3% YoY
- Home Depot – Same-store sales were up 29.9% YoY, they did not disclose e-commerce for the first time (which is usually a warning sign).
Episode 264 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Wednesday May 19, 2021.
Join your hosts Jason "Retailgeek" Goldberg, Chief Commerce Strategy Officer at Publicis, and Scot Wingo, CEO of GetSpiffy and Co-Founder of ChannelAdvisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.