Alchemix is a DeFi protocol that enables users to create self-repaying loans. Users deposit collateral (DAI) to take out a loan in Alchemix's native synthetic stablecoin, alUSD. Alchemix then uses the DAI deposits and puts them into the Yearn protocol to earn yield and over time, that yield automatically pays off your debt.
We were joined by Alchemix co-founder Scoopy Trooples, who gave us a deep look into how the protocol works, alUSD and the ALCX token, and what is coming out soon with V2.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Scoopy's background and how he got into crypto
- What is the story behind the name Scoopy Trooples and his anonymity?
- A high level overview and use case of Alchemix
- Scoopy's vision for alUSD
- The integration with Yearn
- Will alUSD drive down yields of other stablecoins?
- How Transmuter works to maintain the 1:1 peg
- The long term vision for Alchemix and biggest potential risks
- The Alchemix community
- How they raised their funds
- Alchemix Website
- Alchemix Discord
- Alchemix on Twitter
- Scoopy on Twitter
- Exodus: Exodus the easy-to-use crypto wallet available on all platforms and supporting over 100 different assets. - https://exodus.com/epicenter
- ParaSwap: ParaSwap’s state-of-the-art algorithm beats the market price across all major DEXs and brings you the most optimized swaps with the best prices, and lowest slippage - http://paraswap.io/epicenter
- Solana: Solana is the high performance blockchain supporting over 50k transactions per second to power the next generation of decentralized applications. - https://solana.com/epicenter
This episode is hosted by Sunny Aggarwal & Zubin Koticha. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/392