EP268 - Amazon Prime Day Recap with ChannelAdvisor CEO David Spitz
David Spitz (@davidspitz) is the CEO of ChannelAdvisor. He joins us this week to share ChannelAdvisor data from Amazon Prime Day 2021.
Amazon Prime day was launched in 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary, and has become a world-wide summer shopping event. The length of the event has been slowly expanding since 2015, so it is now two days long.
Traditionally Prime Day has been a summer event taking place in July, for example July 15-16, 2019. In 2020 due to the pandemic, Prime Day was held in October 13-14, 2020. This year Prime Day is earlier than usual on June 22-23, 2021. Topics Covered:
- ChannelAdvisor view of prime day: Prime Day 2021 Wrap-up | ChannelAdvisor
- Morgan Stanley (Brian Nowak) Prime Day Recap
- Robert Baird (Colin Sebastian) Prime Day Recap
- Salesforce Prime Day Recap
- Amazon’s Prime Day 2021 sales total $11.19 billion | Digital Commerce 360
- Amazon Prime Day 2021 Insights & Real-Time Tracker | Numerator
Episode 268 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Thursday June 24, 2021.
Join your hosts Jason "Retailgeek" Goldberg, Chief Commerce Strategy Officer at Publicis, and Scot Wingo, CEO of GetSpiffy and Co-Founder of ChannelAdvisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.