It takes hard work to move your purpose-driven business closer to your goal while ensuring that it’s sustainable. As you scale your business, you’ll realize that you need to be profitable to amplify your social impact mission. But before you think about capital raising, first and foremost, you need to understand why you need the extra capital.
In this episode, I discuss five misconceptions — and a bonus sixth! — on business finance that can cloud your headspace. Clearing out these misconceptions can close gaps in your business finance process you may not even know you had. In doing so, you can make more strategic and informed business decisions for your company’s growth.
If you are a mission-driven founder who wants to make the best business finance decisions, then this episode is for you!
3 reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Find out five (plus a bonus one) business finance misconceptions that can cloud your business decisions.
- Identify the gaps in your business and take steps to create solutions.
- Clear your headspace and make the best decisions for you and your business as you look into capital raising.
- [02:14] Know the Five Misconceptions in Business Finance First Before Going into Capital Raising
- [05:10] #1: High Price and High Volume Equals High Revenue
- [06:42] #2: Fast Growth Means a More Profitable Situation and More Cash Flow
- [19:32] #3: Financing Resolves All Cash Flow Issues
- [11:23] #4: Financial Knowledge Equals Bookkeeping and Taxes
- [14:39] #5: Forecasts are Pointless
- [19:06] Bonus: Getting a Business Loan Is Bad
Enjoyed This Podcast?
Write a review and share this with your friends.
Connect With Me
Ready to transform your purpose into an impactful business financial story, profit, and joy? Schedule a chat with me at any time.
- Visit Christina Sjahli’s website for more stories on entrepreneurial journeys to success on the Her CEO Journey podcast.
- Getting ready for capital raising? Identify your financial gaps first by addressing these five business finance misconceptions. Download this quiz!