Welcome back to the 6th season of the Ladybug Podcast!! In this episode, we’ll be chatting about choosing a tech stack for your project is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as an engineer. It will determine many aspects of your app, from development speed, to scalability, to the cost to run it. We’ll talk about how to choose technologies from two angles: one from an individual developer’s perspective: how do you decide what to learn? And the second from an architectural perspective: how do you decide what technologies to use for your project?
- [02:53] What is a tech stack?
- [06:01] What are some main points to think about when choosing what to learn?
- [13:11] Look at job posts in your area
- [19:49] How to deal with overwhelm
- [25:28] Think Through your app
- [31:01] Your engineering resources
- [39:51] Is the technology production ready?
- [52:18] Technical concerns
- [1:00:09] Other important thoughts
- [1:08:52] Shoutouts
- Ladybug interview episode
- Ladybug resume episode
- Ladybug learning path episode
- Core-js Article
- Colby Fayock
- Ladybug Systems Design Episode
- Lodash vs. underscore
This episode's Transcript