This week, it’s answers about Scientology and the COVID vaccine, my time at Bridge Publications, do thetans have gender and a lot more. Enjoy!
(1) What do you think Scientology’s attitude is regarding the COVID vaccine? Would they encourage their members to take it or not?
(2) You mentioned that you discovered that you have a mild case of color blindness when you were working for Bridge Publications. How did your managers and co-workers treat you?
(3) Are thetans inherently male or female? It sounds as if a thetan is just a thetan. So why would homosexuality be a problem? Also what would the point of marriage be? I would think you would have had a relationship with thousands of people over your multiple lifetimes. Is it possible to have had one lifetime as a man and one lifetime as a woman?
(4) I have done introductory Scientology services and they were actually helpful and hence, I got more hooked into it. But I encountered problems doing an auditing step on the TRs and Objectives co-audit course. For the first time, I started having anxiety and would get up in the middle of night feeling afraid. Nobody at Mission could explain it. They did some corrective auditing but without result. The only answer I got was “Something got turned on”.
In your experience with Scientology, did something like this happen to anyone? Is it a nervous breakdown? Also, I was told I was red-tagged but I don’t know what that means. I got medical tests done but nothing appeared in them. Furthermore, after a few weeks a Scientologist called me and told me that “LRH says that a person can become OT at any point”. Does she mean that I have become an OT?
I used to be enthusiastic towards life and would be focused in my efforts. I journaled about these thoughts for around 4 years after, which the anxiety has reduced but still I have not bounced back. What can I do to regain my earlier mental status? Whom should I see for help – a psychiatrist or psychologist or anybody else?
(5) If Scientology ever lost their tax-exempt status in the U.S, and if there was enough pressure brought to bear on them from ex-SO members and staff (such as numerous lawsuits), could you see a time where a class action lawsuit could be filed and successfully won? I would think there would be a lineup of ex-SO members ready to sign to get compensation from all over the world really.
Do you know if a class action lawsuit can be filed against a Church even? I would not care so much about the amount of damages but just a recognition of the harm done. Curious if you could also comment on the Church’s cash flow. We know they are worth billions but is this in buildings/real estate? Or serious cash reserves?
(6) If copyrighted material was not an issue, what would the most awesome graphic t you could imagine look like?
(7) I think we’re all familiar with the term wog. I was wondering where the term came from. Was it an acronym or just a random word that Hubbard made up?
(8) Would you trust a CPA who has a tongue ring?
The post Critical Q&A #328 appeared first on Chris Shelton - Critical Thinker at Large.