A TWiV duo reviews how SARS-CoV-2 attacks the olfactory mucosa but spares the olfactory bulb, vaccination with BNT162b2 induces virus-specific stem cell memory T cells, and development of an oral protease inhibitor for the treatment of COVID-19.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Brianne Barker
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV! Links for this episode
- How SARS-CoV-2 attacks olfactory mucosa (Cell)
- SARS-CoV-2-specific stem cell memory T cells after mRNA vaccine (Sci Immunol)
- Oral SARS-CoV-2 protease inhibitor (Science)
- Paxlovid phase 2/3 trial preliminary results (Pfizer)
- Letters read on TWiV 829
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Brianne – Coronavirus Neutralizing Antibodies and mRNA Vaccine Video Listener Picks
Vincent – MHC restriction of cytotoxic T cell lysis (Nobel description)
Lisa – Shall Furnish Medicine
Bistra – Saving the World by Julia Alvarez
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org