Raising capital often entails giving up some measure of control over your company. Granting investors ownership isn’t always a bad thing, but when it happens, your business might drift further and further away from your company vision. As mission-driven entrepreneurs, that isn’t acceptable. Thankfully, there is a solution: alternative ownership.
In this episode, Camille Canon, the co-founder and executive director of Purpose US, helps us navigate the tricky maze of ownership, governance, and money. She explains the concepts in ownership structure and alternative finance. Lastly, she clears up misconceptions about raising capital, reveals the secrets to creating a sustainable model for your business, and gives insight into the minds of investors.
- [04:00] Camille’s Journey in Purpose US
- [06:37] What Problem Does Purpose US Address?
- [09:13] At What Stage Does Purpose US Help Entrepreneurs?
- [12:35] Does Being Series A Matter?
- [14:47] Firebrand Bakery: A Sustainable Model
- [17:27] Finding The Right Investors For Your Company Vision
- [19:10] Do Purpose US Investors Look For Similar Return?
- [21:21] The Field of Alternative Capital
- [24:20] The Importance of Financial Results
- [26:01] Demystifying Concepts in Raising Capital
- [27:37] Camille’s Parting Advice
- Visit Christina Sjahli’s website for more insights on choosing the right ownership structure that aligns with your mission on the Her CEO Journey podcast series!
- Episode 137 | Steward Ownership: A Method for Preserving Business Owner’s Legacy and Purpose - The Journey of Sarah Joannides
- Chat with Christina and set up a time here!
- Download the Forecasting Guide so that you can create a better and improved financial forecast for your business!
- Connect with Camille: Purpose website
Enjoy this Podcast?
Write us a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning into the show, then do not hesitate to leave us a review. You can also share this episode with the women you know so they can find financial empowerment and get their ideas into the world.
Have any questions about business finance? You can contact me through LinkedIn or schedule a chat with me at any time. You can also suggest topics you're curious about for future episodes to help your business grow. Thanks for listening!
For more episode updates, feel free to visit my website. You may also tune in on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.