Interview with Robert Collins, current core maintainer of Python's unittest module.
Some of the topics covered
- How did Robert become the maintainer of unittest?
- unittest2 as a rolling backport of unittest
- test and class parametrization with subtest and testscenarios
- Which extension to unittest most closely resembles Pytest fixtures?
- Comparing Pytest and unittest
- Will unittest ever get assert rewriting?
- Future changes to unittest
I've been re-studying unittest recently and I mostly wanted to ask Robert a bunch of clarifying questions.
This is an intermediate to advanced discussion of unittest.
Many great features of unittest go by quickly in this talk.
Please let me know if there's something you'd like me to cover in more depth as a blog post or a future episode.
- TIP (testing in python) mailing list
- Patreon Supporters: Help support the show with as little as $1 per month.
Funds help pay for expenses associated with the show.