0:00 Cold Open
1:58 A Disk Upgrade (SK Hynix S31)
10:30 Feedback: Hakerdefo
34:19 Leo's DNS Soapbox
44:14 Feedback: Steve M
54:34 Plasma's 15-Minute Bugs
59:54 Linux Has Its Flaws, but...
1:17:21 App Focus: Nextcloud
1:36:13 Next Time: Slackware
Coming up in this episode
Banter - Leo's New SSD
- Leo stores it away
- Feedback safely
- Tips for your Slackware
- All it takes is 15 minutes...
- We have something Awesome for you
- Our app is built on clouds.
Leo switched to Quad9
- Use Cloudflare or other DNS services
- Use DNS over HTTPS in your browser
- Use system wide advert/malware blocker. Plenty of tools out there but I'll plug a script of mine
- Hackerdefo's blog
- Hackerdefo's projects
Some other great tools.
More from Hackerdefo
- DNS Checking can be done with IPVoid
- Quad9 has a page where you can tell if something is blocked too.
- SlackBuilds.org hasn't caught up with 15. You can switch to "current" though.
A couple of other resources that are useful related to SlackBuilds.org:
- A blog post about sbopkg, a handy tool
15 Minute Bug Initiative from KDE
- Raspberry Pi model comparison. The OG came out in 2012!
- Steve's Blog post
There are Linux bugs!
- The bug list
- Check out Nate Graham's blog pointieststick
- Polkit bug last month
- bug in snapd
- this bug in Samba
- Linux gets its security patches faster than any other software
- Awesome Open Source YouTube channel
- Linux User Space subreddit
- Email us - email@example.com
- Linux User Space Discord Server
- Our Matrix room
- Support us at Patreon
- Join us on Telegram
- Follow us on Twitter
- LUS is on Mastodon
- Watch us on YouTube
- Check out our website
We wrap up our thoughts on Slackware
Join us in two weeks when we return to the Linux User Space
Stay tuned on Twitter, Mastodon, Telegram, Matrix, Discord whatever. Give us your suggestions on our subreddit r/LinuxUserSpace Join the conversation. Talk to us, and give us more ideas.
We would like to acknowledge our top patrons. Thank you for your support!
- Jill and Steve
- Matt W.
Support Linux User Space