SPECIAL GUEST: Chris Messina
- Exclusive: YouTube is planning tighter integration, monetisation and analytics for podcasts. Despite no announcement from YouTube’s director of podcasting, Kai Chuk, at Podcast Movement Evolutions last week
- YouTube is looking at ingesting podcast RSS feeds directly with a new podcasts homepage to be at youtube.com/podcasts (a URL that doesn’t work, yet)
- Spotify is working on a brand new podcast interface. Spotted by Chris Messina, who posted a screen recording archived by Podnews here, the new interface adds a dedicated Podcasts tab, vertical scrolling, and live captions for all shows.
- Want to play with the new Spotify interface for podcasting? It’s already on your phone. On an iPhone or iPad, open Safari, visit spotify:internal:podcastclips and you’ll go straight there. /via @chrismessina
- Freakonomics Radio is to become a radio station on SiriusXM.
- RØDE has launched its first-ever set of headphones. i.e the NTH-100s
- Podimo has bought Dag en Nacht, the largest podcast publisher in the Netherlands.
- Sonnant has launched new AI-powered tools for audio and video monetisation.
- Dave Jones from the Podcast Index has posted about WebSub, and why “it doesn’t scale well”. The Podcast Index is using a system called PodPing.
- There has been an update to the socialInteract tag.
- RSS.com have proposed a new <verification> tag to remove the need for the iTunes: email tag used to spam podcasters.
- JustCast added support to episode level value-for-value namespace!
- AudiWave have added support PodcastindexOrg - People, Location, and Transcript support to the iOS app
- The PodLP app has had a new release for KaiOS, adding a season filter (just like Apple!), and configuration improvements.
- First look: Popular podcast app Overcast is to release a redesign today.
Podcast hosting and a whole lot more