This week's episode is sponsored by:
Presented by Ancient Arts Yarn, Edmonton Fibre Frolic is Edmonton’s premier yarn and fibre festival. We connect fibre enthusiasts - makers, creators, teachers, learners – everyone sharing a love for all things fibre, yarn, and textiles. Join us May 28, 2022 and let us help you discover the wealth of luxury in your yarn habit.
Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonder
Sheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needle
organizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy.
Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices
Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life?
Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.
For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY!
On the Needles: (0:39)
- Gigi working on a pair of denim blue tube socks for Genevieve
- Jasmin finished her Encinitas Top in Oink Pigments Linen/Silk DK "Guild"
- Gigi Is working on another pair of tube socks for Genevieve, first sock is done, second one started
- Jasmin is up to the front of the deep cowl neck pullover for Genevieve in Seismic Yarn’s “Natasha” colorway
- Gigi is working on the foot of a Regia sock for Andrew
- Jasmin has made progress on the Princess Bean pullover test knit for the younger Seismic Intern in Seismic Yarns Butter DK “Tanzanite”
- Gigi is winding yarn for the Elton cardigan by Joji Locatelli. Black yarn from Neighborhood Fiber Co, with grey mohair contrast, Swatched
- Jasmin pulled her Myrna out of the Area 51, which she has been knitting in Tess Yarns Microfiber Ribbon
- Jasmin seamed her Amber Pullover by Rachel Brockman in Wandering Flock Worsted “Cosmic Tie Dye”.
- Jasmin also seamed her silk Pyramis top
Neighborhood Fiber Company Go Fund Me update!
$45,358 up to $52,598 this last week; raised of the $150,000.00 goal
- Jasmin & Lady Dye Diane are co-hosting a KAL! The Sea Glass Pullover (in DK). Pushed back to late may!
- Stash Dash! May-August
- Carpet Beetle Gate 2022
- #MeMadeMay is coming up, Gigi is listening to Check your Thread, a sewing podcast by the lady who started MeMade May
- STITCHES South in Pasadena!
Mother Knows Best:(17:27)
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!
When Knitting Attacks:(24:11)
Gigi has trouble swatching
Jasmin deals with a “vaguely helpful pattern”
Knits in Space:(35:21)
The Golden Thread
How Fabric Changed History
Item made from the silk of Golden Orb Spiders in Madagascar at the V&A