This week's episode is sponsored by:
Presented by Ancient Arts Yarn, Edmonton Fibre Frolic is Edmonton’s premier yarn and fibre festival. We connect fibre enthusiasts - makers, creators, teachers, learners – everyone sharing a love for all things fibre, yarn, and textiles. Join us May 28, 2022 and let us help you discover the wealth of luxury in your yarn habit.
Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonder
Sheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needle
organizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy.
Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices
Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life?
Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.
For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY!
Bead Biz has a secret. We Love Bling! In a world of squishy yummy yarn, beads make your knitting stand out and sparkle. We love helping our customers make their projects even more beautiful, and beads are just the ticket. It’s not even hard. In fact, the hardest part of knitting with beads is knitting!
If you can knit, you can knit with beads. Don’t know where to start? We have tons of kits to help you out. From beginner to master knitter, Bead Biz is here to help. You can make amazing knitted jewelry, gorgeous shawls, even hats, and gloves! If you can knit it, we can help you bead it.
What’s on your needles? No matter what it is, beads will make it even better!
On the Needles: (0:37)
- Gigi finished a pair of denim blue tube socks for Genevieve
- Jasmin finished the knitting on the deep cowl neck pullover for Genevieve in Seismic Yarn’s “Natasha” colorway, and is seaming it together. Jasmin mentions Wonderclips
- Gigi: striped Regia sock for Andrew first sock done ,second is cast on. Matched colors
- Jasmin has made progress on the Princess Bean pullover test knit for the younger Seismic Intern in Seismic Yarns Butter DK “Tanzanite”
- Gigi Elton cardigan. Swatched, swatch is washed Gauge Wizard LINK
- Jasmin is crocheting the XY scarf Jasmin mentions the 19th Amendment kit from Lady Dye Yarns.
- Gigi cast on another pair of self knitting socks for Andrew. Meilenweit Not self knitting The stripes are 2 ¼” wide
- Gigi is wearing her Grinchy Musselburg at night
- Jasmin likes knitting and wearing cotton and silk, and linen and silk. Both machine washable.
- She likes the linen silk from oink. She wore her Encinitas top,
- Genevieve wore the Coronation cardigan, and the purloined Musselburg, and the scarf she wove.
- Rex wore his Black Widow hoodie, and his Lionheart hoodie
- Gigi wants to knit the Waiting for Rain, by Sylvia McFadden
Neighborhood Fiber Company Go Fund Me update :LINK
From $56,684 to $56,754this last week; raised of the $150,000.00 goal
- Jasmin & Lady Dye Diane are co-hosting a KAL! The Sea Glass Pullover (in DK). Pushed back to late may!
- Stash Dash! May-August
- Carpet Beetle Gate 2022 (Here's the bug identification app Jasmin mentioned)
- David Hyde Pierce Reads Fox in Socks LINK
- Jasmin mentions Flor carpet tiles
- #MeMadeMay is in full swing! Gigi is listening to Check your Thread, a sewing podcast by the lady who started MeMade May .
- STITCHES SoCal in Pasadena!
Mother Knows Best:(30:34)
Mise en place for sewing
When Knitting Attacks:(34:52)
Socks and a swatch attack Gigi!
Knits in Space:(36:34)
The Golden Thread; How Fabric Changed History
Gigi mentions cloth of Gold , Persian weavers in China, cloth embroidered with gold, as well as sea silk, and a rug with gold warp
Crochet club! Tiny crochet enthusiast.