This week's episode is sponsored by:
Presented by Ancient Arts Yarn, Edmonton Fibre Frolic is Edmonton’s premier yarn and fibre festival. We connect fibre enthusiasts - makers, creators, teachers, learners – everyone sharing a love for all things fibre, yarn, and textiles. Join us May 28, 2022 and let us help you discover the wealth of luxury in your yarn habit.
Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonder
Sheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needle
organizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy.
Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices
Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life?
Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.
For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY!
On the Needles: (1:40)
- Genevieve wound Always Be Kind Yarn, Inclusive Pride Stripes, with a yellow mini skein for Gigi
- Gigi cast on the yarn Genevieve wound for tube socks for Genevieve
- Jasmin finished Fatimah Hinds’s “Not too Tart” hat for her Unconventional Test Knit in Neighborhood Fiber Co Studio sock in “Sandy Point”.
- Gigi Finished a pair of meilenweit socks for Andrew.
- Genevieve wound Lady Dye Yarns, Observant Queen
- Genevieve wound Lady Dye, Pumpkin
- Jasmin is crocheting the XY scarf Jasmin mentions the 19th Amendment kit from Lady Dye Yarns.
- Gigi is working on the Elton cardigan,, super wash merino, from Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Jasmin is almost done with the body of the Bobbi Top by Gavriella Treminio in Oink Pigments Linen/Silk DK “Guild”
- Gigi socks for Andrew. Meilenweit (not self knitting)
- Jasmin worked on the Humo Amargo cardigan in Onyx Fiber Arts DK “Burst”
- Genevieve requested a top out of slime green microfiber ribbon from Tess Yarns
- Gigi picked up leftover blanket
- Gigi knit a preemie hat out of leftover Patons Kroy. Finished, and started another one
In Stitches:( 14:07)
Gigi: wearing A- line skirt from clothing construction class that I made for Jasmin, and Klapperlatschen
Genevieve wore her Coronation Cardigan, Cowl neck cardigan, and her Musselburg Hat
- Jasmin & Lady Dye Diane are co-hosting a KAL! The Sea Glass Pullover (in DK). Pushed back to June 20 . Make up book?
- Stash Dash has started! May 27 - End of August
- STITCHES SoCal in Pasadena!
- Maybe Rhinebeck? Probably Rhinebeck
Mother Knows Best:(21:15)
Grieve today, action tomorrow.
Resist Bot LINK
Link to message for Resist Bot
When Knitting Attacks:(28:36)
Knitting in public, Olden Days Knitting!
Knits in Space:(31:41)
Gilded Age Podcast : Opening sequence: handmade silk flowers.
The Fabric of civilization ; How textiles made the world , By Virginia Postrel
Neolithic Revolution 12 000 years ago,
asmin liked Prairie Lotus
And Sew On:(40:06)
Gigi's progress on wrap dress Vogue 8646
Team trace: retraced pattern in size 6