This week's episode:
Presented by Ancient Arts Yarn, Edmonton Fibre Frolic is Edmonton’s premier yarn and fibre festival. We connect fibre enthusiasts - makers, creators, teachers, learners – everyone sharing a love for all things fibre, yarn, and textiles. Join us May 28, 2022 and let us help you discover the wealth of luxury in your yarn habit.
Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonder
Sheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needle
organizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy.
Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices
Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life?
Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.
For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY!
On the Needles: (0:37)
- Gigi one of Andrew’s socks: just needs to be bound off
- Jasmin finished her Fancy Zebra Cowl in Lux Adorna Cashmere
- Gigi: the Elton cardigan,, super wash merino, from Neighborhood Fiber Co. is blocked
- Jasmine is working on the Autumn Vines beret in Codex by cephalopod Yarns
- Gigi is making tube socks out of Always Be Kind Yarn, Inclusive Pride Stripes, with a yellow mini skein for for Genevieve
- Jasmin is making good progress on her crocheted the XY scarf in the 19th Amendment kit from Lady Dye Yarns.
- Gigi made progress on Andrew’s other sock
- Jasmin finished the Bobbi Top by Gavriella Treminio in Oink Pigments Linen/Silk DK “Guild”
- Gigi made pompoms for premie hats
- Jasmin finished the Depth Cowl in The Fiber Seed Sprout Worsted in “The Knitmore Girls”
- Jasmin finished the Sproutling hat by KnitBoop in Seismic Yarns Butter Sock “Escape”
- Jasmin finished the Coachella top from Knitty in Tess Yarns microfiber ribbon
Gigi is wearing Jasmin’s A-line skirt, Quilt, thrifted dress
Jasmin wore the Bobbi Top
- Jasmin & Lady Dye Diane are co-hosting a KAL! The Sea Glass Pullover (in DK). Pushed back to June 20
- Stash Dash has started! May 27 - End of August
- #MeMadeMay Gigi :did it wrong.
- STITCHES SoCal in Pasadena!
Mother Knows Best:(26:16)
Love your projects!
When Knitting Attacks:(31:55)
Jasmin is finishing UFOs (Here are the racks Jasmin mentioned)
Knits in Space:(35:58)
Looking at the costumes. Bustles. Gigi doesn't know how they are constructed.
New Money Old Rules: The Gilded Age podcast [ Warning ! Language ]
The Fabric of civilization ; How textiles made the world , By Virginia Postrel
. I got all excited about how there was industrial espionage, and some cotton seeds were smuggled from Mexico, and really thrived in the South.
A million people were kidnapped and enslaved so they would grow cotton
An Indigenous Peoples History of the United States
And Sew On:(44:58)
wrap dress Vogue 8646: Rescued fabric from the stash. Added Pockets.