All bodies are beautiful. All healthy lifestyle changes are beautiful. And for those who choose to pursue a goal of losing weight for the right reasons, there is a new ingredient showing promising results — psilocybin.
While known for mental and spiritual support, psilocybin’s benefit can transcend into the physical realm by way of mental health, as well as biophysically. We discuss the mental reframe that can support a weight loss regime and how psilocybin itself has appetite suppressant properties.
We are joined by Trevor Miller who is on the board of directors for MAPS (Multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies) and has been advocating for psychedelic therapies for years. Trevor is now on the advisory board for NeonMind Biosciences, a Canadian company who is involved in some cutting edge research on the topic of psilocybin and weight loss, and the belief that lives change when minds change.
- The origin story of NeonMind Biosciences and their novel approaches in psilocybin therapy
- Psychedelic use among people in the industry
- Psilocybin’s evolutionary ecology
- Psilocybin as an appetite suppressant
- Psilocybin as a pattern interruptor especially with dietary habits
- The importance of acknowledging toxic stigmas around weight and reminding ourselves it is not bad or wrong
Neon Mind Website: https://neonmindbiosciences.com/
Canadian Psychedelic Association: https://www.psychedelicassociation.net/