Betrayal shatters families and lives. The traumatic aftermath can unhinge and unsettle wives. Scientists recognize that threats to our emotional safety harms us just as much a physical threats.
After experiencing betrayal in the form of their husband lying, abusing, using pornography / masturbating, infidelity, women often feel:
- Continual sense of waiting
- Fixated on making sense of situation
- Unsure of perceptions and ability to manage
- Deep and uncontrollable sorrow
- Physical pain: heartache, joint pain, headaches
Learning from these feelings by processing them with 12 Step group, sponsor and qualified therapist is pivotal to healing. Healing is next to impossible alone. Even though you are a victim of a circumstance you didn't control, staying in victim mode will only prolong the pain.