Born and raised in East Los Angeles and forged in the fires of adversity, cookbook author Chef Babette Davis burst onto the culinary scene with her renowned vegan restaurant Stuff I Eat in Inglewood, California, where the soul food platter is one of the many, many must-try dishes. An ageless paragon of fitness and vibrant health, Chef Babette has legions of social media followers who love seeing her posts of this incredibly fit 71-year-old working out or cooking or even in a bikini. If she’s not preparing delicious dishes in the kitchen of her restaurant, teaching cooking classes, or hosting the competition cooking show Peeled, you’ll find her running stairs all around Los Angeles.
Always inspiring. Always funny. Always real. Here are our favorite quotes from Chef Babette in this episode that you don’t want to miss:
“My quality of life when I’m 93 needs to be as awesome as it is today. I am on no medication. I can stand up, put my shoe and my sock on, and balance myself through the entire process, and I can tie it while I’m balancing myself.”
“The human body is incredibly intelligent and responds to the love you give it, or not. And I personally don’t think it’s ever too late to love it.”
“Since it’s your human journey, I don’t care how old you are. Since it’s your journey, nobody, nobody, is gonna have the quality of life for you but you, and it’s up to you.”
What we discuss in this episode:
- How Chef Babette became vegan and how it transformed her health.
- How timing, when she eats certain foods, has proven beneficial for her.
- How the books Fit for Life and Mucusless Diet Healing System changed her life.
- Why she does a juice cleanse three times a year.
- Her journey from catering in a parking lot to opening her incredibly successful restaurant, Stuff I Eat.
- How she went from having to convince a predominantly meat-eating community to try her wonderful healthy food, to now having a thriving restaurant with plentiful regular patrons.
- Lifestyle choices that keep her healthy and her advice to others on how they can be their best selves and attain longevity.
- Her exciting new show, Peeled
- The dishes she most recommends to eat like her.
- Chef Babette’s book: Cash In On Cashews: 50 plus Desserts using One Nut
- Check out Chef Babette on Instagram
Connect with Switch4Good
★☆★ JOIN OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP ★☆★
★☆★ SWITCH4GOOD WEBSITE ★☆★
★☆★ ONLINE STORE ★☆★
★☆★ FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM ★☆★
★☆★ LIKE US ON FACEBOOK ★☆★
★☆★ FOLLOW US ON TWITTER ★☆★
★☆★ DOWNLOAD THE ABILLION APP ★☆★