“In fact, there was a great study that showed that, in the long term, young children and adolescents who consumed minimally processed soy products had a lower breast cancer risk later on in life than those who did not consume soy products. And I thought that was a great thing to point out because this means that it’s actually healthy throughout the lifecycle, not just when you’re in those years around menopause, but even as children and adolescents it can help set you up for a healthier lifestyle.” - Dr. Gemma Newman
Today we are really thrilled to have with us a wonderful soul who truly exemplifies practicing what you preach. A staunch advocate of a plant-based diet and plant-based nutrition, Dr. Gemma Newman, aka The Plant Power Doctor, is a British medical doctor, author of the book The Plant Power Doctor, and host of The Wellness Edit podcast. She has contributed to articles for magazines including Glamour, Zest, and Healthy Magazine. And if that weren’t enough, Dr. Newman is the Senior Partner at a family medical practice, a member of the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine, and a certified Reiki practitioner. She has appeared in the powerful documentaries Vegan and Eating Our Way to Extinction. And since Breast Cancer Awareness Month is upon us, it couldn’t be more opportune to have her with us today to talk about women’s health and how a plant-based diet can be so very impactful!
Join us to hear Dr. Newman share her incredible story and provide life-changing, applicable tips!
What we discuss in this episode:
- How health, compassion, and her husband, impelled Dr. Newman to become plant-based.
- How recommending a plant-based diet to her patients changed her medical practice for the better.
- An explanation of PCOS and its symptoms.
- The positive effects of fiber-rich foods on the digestive system.
- The inherent dangers of a low-carbohydrate diet.
- How not all carbohydrates lead to weight gain.
- How soy phytoestrogens aren’t actually estrogens.
- How soy is beneficial for hormones and mitigates risks of many different kinds of cancers in both women and men.
- What inspired her to write her book?
- The Wellness Edit Podcast
- Dr. Gemma Newman's Website
- The Plant Power Doctor Book
Connect with Switch4Good
★☆★ JOIN OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP ★☆★
★☆★ SWITCH4GOOD WEBSITE ★☆★
★☆★ ONLINE STORE ★☆★
★☆★ FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM ★☆★
★☆★ LIKE US ON FACEBOOK ★☆★
★☆★ FOLLOW US ON TWITTER ★☆★
★☆★ DOWNLOAD THE ABILLION APP ★☆★