The very visual, very professional, and 100% kitten-free podcasts of MGoBlog, featuring the MGoPodcast with Brian Cook, Seth Fisher, David Nasternack, and Ace Anbender, as well as The Teams historical podcast (Seth & Dr. Sap), The Ace Pod, The Michigan Hockeycast (David & Anthony Ciatti), and recorded versions of MGoRadio (Brian & Seth) and the WTKA Roundtable (Brian, Sam Webb, Craig Ross, and Ed Feng)
- Illinois: Super aggressive defense, got into Cover 2 from weird looks, went 6-2 front and brought down safeties. Plays were there to be made: throws are open, WRs need to catch them and JJ needs to be more accurate.
- Michigan took it two games at a time. Were afraid to pass until they had to. Had non-Morris ends trying to own the edge and the gap inside it so they could play two-deep, which is not an Illinois prep.
- Where are the RPOs? Having JJ run is a similar thing, but getting him in rhythm and getting the defense to keep extra defenders out of the play demands that sort of thing.
- Lots of Cover 1 and Cover 0 and M doesn't like to throw at guys in single coverage. Ohio State was paying attention.
- Injuries? Corum and Edwards will play but Sam's opinion is they won't be 75%.
- Seth: We're in the playoffs now, and you win the playoffs like you win in the NFL: my talent against your talent.
- Michigan went after Witherspoon way too much.
- Brian: The passing game is where it is because of Michigan's extreme run focus. Michigan ran on 2nd and 14 vs Cover Zero, and there's a reasonable explanation, QED. Seth: Like Kobe and Jaelin's threes, you gotta let them shoot through it.
- OHIO STATE: A defense of Junior Colsons, but you can't guess where they'll break down ahead of time. Need a "take what you see" approach. They're going to blitz and man up.
- Seth on hate: we don't want to go to Columbus because it's all about hate to them. Harbaugh's quote—and that's a guy who played in this game—is on. Sam: Hate's great! I love how emasculated they were after last year's game.
- If Michigan does it again, and Ryan Day is 1-2 vs Michigan, is he on the hot seat?