Christina Warren returns to the show to talk about the drama at Disney, tumult at Twitter, and how the hell to score Taylor Swift tickets.
- Linode: Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. New accounts get a $100 credit.
- Memberful: Monetize your passion with membership. Start your free trial today.
- Hover: Find a domain name for your passion. Get 10% off your first purchase.
- Backblaze: Backblaze makes backing up and accessing your data astonishingly easy.
- Christina Warren on Twitter, a website that still exists at this writing.
- Bob Iger returns to Disney as CEO.
- Yours truly: “Twitter Tumult”.
- Elon Musk asks engineers for weekly emails with code screenshots.
- Vice: “Twitter Employees on Visas Can’t Just Quit”.
- Disney books:
- Disney War, by James B. Stewart — “The dramatic inside story of the downfall of Michael Eisner—Disney Chairman and CEO—and the scandals that drove America’s best-known entertainment company to civil war.”
- Walt Disney, by Neal Gabler — “The definitive portrait of one of the most important cultural figures in American history.”
- Speaking of James B. Stewart, his recent epic story on AT&T’s Time Warner acquisition for The New York Times: “Was This $100 Billion Deal the Worst Merger Ever?”.
- Puck — excellent new subscription Hollywood/media/Silicon Valley news site.
This episode of The Talk Show was edited by Caleb Sexton.