Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast?
Speaker 1: What podcast is this? That's what you really missed with Jenna and Kevin. That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Jenna. You're proud of yourself, aren't you? On that one?
Speaker 1: No? Off the cuffs? Wow, she still got it, still got a kid's Hello, and welcome to the show today. We are doing Journey Regional.
Speaker 2: We did the kids. Yay, we made it. We seasoned one finale of Glee. Who would have thought? We sure didn't when we got cast on the show. You've heard from Ryan three times now and from Ian and a bunch of cast members that none of us really knew if we were going to make it this far, and most of us didn't think we would. But there we are, twenty two episodes.
Speaker 1: And a buttload more to.
Speaker 2: Go, and a lot of songs and a tour. And this originally aired on June eighth, twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Wow. How crazy? Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that was late. Normally seasons ends the beginning of May sort of thing. But I think because we did thirteen at a weird time, then all that press stuff happened. Had we had a big break in between the first thirteen. Yeah, we had to catch up. But here we are on this week in Glee her story. We were in Emmy magazine. Do you remember doing this photo shoot briefly? I remember it very well and then a month Yeah, I don't know why. I remember it was downtown and this like studio loft thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all of us.
Speaker 2: I kept the vans from this photo shoot for years that I wore.
Speaker 1: Now did we shoot because I don't remember to shoot that well. I remember it being chaos because there were so many of us and they stacked us. Did we actually take those photos together or did they superimpose us in there's a group photo of girls and the group photo of the guys.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I sort of think it was all individual. I yeah, they were just trying to make it work because you know, a month later we were nominated for nineteen Emmys. No big deal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that When we got to the stages, there was a huge banner on our main stage that said congratulations on nineteen. It felt very obnoxious, like I felt embarrassed, but it was also very cool. But they did that every time every time. That's not one for Bagel Awards. We got a banner. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Also on this day, Glee the Music Journey to Regionals was the album was released, and it featured six tracks from episode twenty two But when We're going to recap, including Don't Stop Believing the regional's version with all of Us, and the EP debuted at number one on both the US Billboard two hundred and Soundtracks chart, selling one hundred and fifty four thousand copies of.
Speaker 2: What I Just Got goosebumps. I did not know that.
Speaker 1: The album became the cast third number one album on the bill What.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy that an EP just from one episode was number one and sold one hundred and fifty four thousand copies. That's diabolical, you guys.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about it. I was like, how did we get to number one so quickly? All the time, like it was we really were here. Huge. It was a really huge shot. And sometimes people say it and like it hits like a brick Jenna's brick wall, but like this, like I'm like, oh, it was really big, yeah, really popular.
Speaker 2: We were bamboozled by it. We still are. And this was the most viewed episode of any new seasons of all the season finales of any new shows, the season finales.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: And I had almost eleven million viewers, and so we kept growing every single week, and you'll see in season two it just keeps growing even more.
Speaker 1: Now. I this episode, I was very weepy. I remember the whole time, and then I was weep be watching it back.
Speaker 2: I I was a little weepy watching it back as well, because there's a couple scenes that feel a little real, and this is I think goes to Ian's point about where they sometimes commentate on what's actually happening. And there is a speech Will gives to the kids about sort of the journey we've had and how much Glee Club means to everyone, and years from now you won't remember what songs you did, you won't remember each other's names, and it just made me reflect upon our group and how so far we've stood the test of that time thus far. But it is one of those things when you and I talk about this every week, we're like, do what songs did we do? And things do become a little blurry. And I was emotional watching Shoe give us that speech because I don't think we were tired. It was twenty two episodes. We didn't really know what was going on, and you can't know how applicable that's going to be to our futures, and it totally was.
Speaker 1: That's right. What were we yearing up to do after this episode?
Speaker 2: Well after it aired, we had already done tour okay, right, tour was wrapping up. So it was our first official hiatus because we started shooting the beginning of July, right, so we only had a couple a couple of weeks of doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking through my photos right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you see?
Speaker 1: I see photos of only you and me?
Speaker 2: Sounds about right. Let me let me scroll back.
Speaker 1: We went to Monaco, oh yeah, oh my god. We went to the TV and Film Festival in Monaco, which was a wild, wild trip of a vacation. Then we went to London to do press Fergalle. Then we took a day trip to Paris, where you were very hungover and he slept on the tour bus. Then we went back and then I went back to New York and went home for a while, and I went to Brazil, that's right. And then we had all the Emmy Press that we did when we got back, we did that event at the Music Box. We'll get into all of that, right, and then we went to the Emmys.
Speaker 2: And we started we started shooting I said July beginning of July, but we actually started shooting the season beginning of August, so I think they delayed our start a little bit to give us that time and Jenna. This episode aired on June eighth, twenty ten. Those photos of us, of the paparazzi photos of us on the beach of Monica were taken on this very day and came out June tenth, So June eighth was the day Jenna and I became a famous celebrity couple.
Speaker 1: The most famous will ever be same this.
Speaker 2: On this day in twenty ten, we peaked, but we did it together.
Speaker 1: As weekly we we did it. We made ourselves, tagged ourselves as a couple. We were moving in together. The story worked out, I really did. Yeah, so hilarious. It's also where I went to Brazil during this hiatus. I passed out, Remember, I got burdigo. We went to Comic Con, we found out we were going to be only juniors, and we had another year in school. It was pretty a wild, wild journey.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Journey, Yeah, speaking.
Speaker 1: Of Journey, let's let's get into this episode. The number one song was still on MG featuring When I Am By a Sure, and the number one movie was still Shrek Forever After Ever After.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, did you hear that their negotiations to make Shrek five and the original cast is.
Speaker 1: In I've got to catch up on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, all right, So in this episode we have it was directed by Brad Faulchuck written well, it says by Brad Peltchick. But as we know, all three of them. Josh Grobin is back, Graf is back, a Dina is back, and we just have we have everyone Live Newton, John Grace us with our presence one more time, and we have some greatest hits, I mean so much so A debut at number one.
Speaker 1: Until four one hundred and fifty thousand albums sold.
Speaker 2: What take us through?
Speaker 1: The song Shenna Faithfully anyway you want it, Love and Touch and squeeze and don't stop Believing all by Journey, performed by the Nude Erections. H Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen one of my favorite gle numbers ever Shooster with Love by Lulu over the Rainbow, uh performed by mister Shu and Uh Noah Parkerman. What's going on in this?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Give me an overview? Overview, Kevin?
Speaker 2: Okay, So basically what happens is it's Regional's time and Sue, of course, is up to no good. She gets herself on the judging panel and new directions and will completely spiral and freak out because they know if Sue's one of the judges, there's no way new directions are going to either place nor win, which is what they have to do for Figgins to allow them to keep the Glee Club happening and funded. So basically, it's what can we do and what does Glee Club mean to us? Even if we can't win. That's what's happening, you know.
Speaker 1: And there's a fun fact here. I know you said that this was the highest finale rating for a niche a series finale watched on TV at the time. In two thousand nine, ten Journey to Regionals was watched by ten point nine two million American viewers. That's right, it's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Talk to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Sue reveals she's a judge at regionals because she's a celebrity, and it's a celebrity panel of judge is obviously a glee clubs like, wan't, wan't, there's no way we can win. So mister Shue has a party too. He has all the kids over at his house, which seems suspicious to decide the set list, but the kids are all crying and upset. Do you remember shooting this. I remember shooting this.
Speaker 1: Very well, so so clearly in my mind, so clearly.
Speaker 2: I did not realize this was season one.
Speaker 1: I was just so I remember this a season one. I remember being so happy that we got to sit on mister Shoe's couch all night. I also remember having to cry again. It's not easy for me to cry.
Speaker 2: So like I told us, you warned us, you said, once you reveal you can do something, they're gonna have you do it over and over again. And here we go.
Speaker 1: There it is, and I just remember having to like stay in it the whole time. And it was a late night. It was like the last scene of the day. But I remember I remember Brad coming in. I don't remember what he said, to us, but I do remember him kind of I think, mirroring what was going on, like the we side with the writer's mirroring what was going on. I feel like there was something emotional going on in this group. Do you remember shooting this.
Speaker 2: I do. We were telling ghost stories, oh, because I think if I remember correctly, this was a Friday night, which means this was really really late. There was nobody else on Paramount shooting at this hour. It was probably midnight or one am. Paramount Studios shares a wall with a graveyard, the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, and so there are all these stories about those backstages being haunted. Nia was telling a story about when she worked on the lot as a child with Red Fox and saw him pass away on that set, and was telling that story, and then we were looking up on our phone other stories about the ghosts and people's experiences, and so nobody was around. The set was really really dark. They had this like fake rain going on outside, so it felt so spooky, and we were freaking ourselves out so badly, and that's all I could think about when we were well, when I was watching the scene, everyone's like crying and upset and I do remember Brad coming in and I he was always really good at this, at relating it to real life and having us imagine like if this was the last time we ever got to do this, like that, trying to get us in that moment of look how far we've come, the friends we've made, all that we've achieved, and now it's coming to an.
Speaker 1: End, and meanwhile we're spooking each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ghost stories professional.
Speaker 1: Okay, that, thank you for that reminded us.
Speaker 2: D Cho then goes to Emma and asks for advice, and she reminds him of like, hey, this is why you love Glee. Also, by the way, I'm dating someone. He's a dentist named Carl, but we haven't slept together. Just FYI. Also, I don't remember Carl being mentioned this early.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I do remember Carl being mentioned this early because I remember in my mind stay most joining around the time cor joined. Yes, that's like my marker of like you who is joining or the time the time stamp. And then mister Shoe is driving in his beat up blue car. Yea pulls over the side of the road, has a very emotional car journey. If you will and he don't stop. Comes on the radio, he pulls over bursts into tears, and is magically inspired for his next trick to do a journey medley for Brilliant.
Speaker 2: You know, he had a great idea. He had a great idea.
Speaker 1: He did have a great idea. I honestly do think it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea. He smashed it that we'll get to it. So then it's regionals and they ian on the mike, introducing all the judges to Sylvester, Josh Grobe and leaving Newton John and local news reporter icon Er. I mean, he's just cold.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 2: So oural intensity performs love that Name, and they do a mashup of living Newton John and Josh Grobe and new directions. Of course, Spirals freaks out, Shoe walks in, is like, hey mm hmm, we're not doing this now. Do you remember also filming this scene, because I feel like Brad had he had sectionals where we had that other huge backstage green room scene and yes, of course, and this one I remember we were all scared of because the other one took so long and this one was not that.
Speaker 1: We were scared that this was going to take that long.
Speaker 2: And like he had blocked it in a way, I think if I remember correctly, before we had even gotten there, Yeah, to be more efficient than the time before we were learning no Yes.
Speaker 1: And that was one that the green room where we shot that we was on Paramount and it was actually some of the Ryan Murphy TV offices.
Speaker 2: That's right. We used a lot of Paramount for this because the hospital that comes up later on YEP is also just random halls at Paramount, but.
Speaker 1: That's where the writers hung out and their assistants and Ryan and Brad and Ian and all them. They had these like lofts basically, and these were the first version of the lofts that they had gotten and where their offices were, so they used that and I do remember it being much more efficient and much faster, and I was because there's just so much to do in this episode.
Speaker 2: So this is where we really get into it, so it's time for new directions to perform. And the scene at the start of it before we start going between Finn and Rachel and he walks over to her and says I love you really quickly. I was like this whole episode, I was just floored by Corey I know. I also, I have to say, so I saw that movie air the New Matt Damon Ben Apple.
Speaker 1: I did. I'm so jealous.
Speaker 2: I saw it and I can't fight this feeling comes on at some did you cry?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It got me good. And then I went home and watched this and I was like, Okay, I'm having a full Corey in my emotions day. Oh yeah, but he's so good and I know it, but like what pisses me off is like he was so such a good actor and I don't think we like necessarily told him that enough or yeah, yeah, and like the things that we miss out on getting to see him do right because he's so good anyway, So the little thing I love you right before and they do Faithfully, which is such a good version of the song.
Speaker 1: Oh they sound excellent.
Speaker 2: Faithfully is incredible.
Speaker 1: I love doing this on tour too. I'd like to listen to this on tour. Honestly, I'm not sick of the song. I'll listen to the Journey version. I'll listen to our version. I think it's incredible. Yeah, I agree, And then we do love and touch and squeeze in anyway you want it, which uh. When we were rehearsing for this, this was the number where we did the Carlton, right. I don't know if you caught that. You guys, we do the Carlton. I yelled Jenna's arms, No, you did it.
Speaker 2: I did. When I was watching the girls and their bumpets.
Speaker 1: The bumpets were a whole other thing. The costumes were very itchy because they were the gold, like that gold itchy material. We were in them for so long and they smelled so bad. And those bumpets were a choice, a choice if you're.
Speaker 2: Too young to remember, the bumpet. The bumpet was the thing you'd put in your hair and to give it that volume, that height, and.
Speaker 1: Then hide it underneath more of your hair. And so I don't know what they were thinking putting us. We didn't really have a lot of say yet, none of the other competition we would. Will we ever look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll see between this episode and season two episode one, glow Up, Glow Up, everyone just looks a little different. Skirts are a little shorter, makeups, a little heavier.
Speaker 1: Hair is a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This was also when I was on I was sick per usual and was on some medication that I had an allergic reaction to, and my entire body and face broke out in hives and people were like, you look like you have horns growing out of your forehead. It was so bad, and Kelly had to take me to the er. He had to take me to Cedar Sinai, which was right up the block from where we were shooting.
Speaker 1: Were we shooting this number during that? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And we had a full audience full of people. You saw like two levels of people. And yeah, just in the middle of the day, they had somehow they got me right. I was still in costume. They took me right in, they gave me all the stuff and we were at that theater for two days shooting, and even the next day I kept breaking out in hives. So I was on all this medicine. I remember when we came back to shoot towards the end of the day, I was on so much benadryl. But I had to stay awake and people were laughing at me because I was acting very crazy, drunk crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was at the Saban Theater. I'm real shore right, that's where when we shot that.
Speaker 2: I would also like to point out if you there's a shot during Faithfully when it's on Leah. If you pause, it's the first shot I think of her in profile as Finn looks at her. You can see the dummies in the audience, and if you keep pausing it, you see the dummies in every shot of that audience. So it's usually on the edges. So if you look like two to three people in or out of the edge of the aisle, you'll see all of these dummies.
Speaker 1: I have to take a screen shot.
Speaker 2: And I also saw Aaron Krueger and I saw Kelly from Makeup there in the end of the first row, like our makeup department. So I also don't know if we were short on people for the audience, but we had some of the crew in there as well.
Speaker 1: Wow wow wow, I remember laughing at doing don't stop with the key change.
Speaker 2: Also, we did not record it like that. No, I haven't confirmed this, but when we get Adam anders On here, maybe we'll ask him, because I think they did that after the fact, which is why we all sound a little album monkey.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. I think they played it and we were like, what is that?
Speaker 2: They needed the drama, the excitement.
Speaker 1: No, it had to be different than the original don't stop before, but we did not record it that way. And then after the performance, which I mean it was it was really fun to shoot, but I also remember it being like, it's just those are those two days were like laborious, They're a lot, they're long, they are hard, Like you just have to like show up when they ask you to show up, do your thing, perform a thousand times, go to rehearsal at night. After we get out of hair and makeup, we go on the stage, rehearse again for the next day, go home, sleep, wake up, come back and do it again. And they're like please. I remember every actor like Brad Beeker did a lot of these competition episodes in later seasons, and he would just be like, just bear with me. We got this. Just we're in this together and we're just gonna do it.
Speaker 2: So because it can feel like you're not doing anything because it takes so long, so you feel like like what are we actually accomplishing, And so you just had to like trust the process that they know what they're doing and they're shooting, you know, bit by.
Speaker 1: Bit, and your feeds hurt so bad. You guys were the meals all day, Well, shees are terrible. Okay. So then then we come off of performing. We're very happy with that. We think we have a chance at winning. And Quinn's mom shows up, Yeah, and she says that she left her father and she wants her to come home. And Quinn, what I thought she was going to respond with was like where were you, you know, to like stand up for me, but her water bricks and she's gonna have a baby.
Speaker 2: And then we have one of the most insane that's brilliant performances ever.
Speaker 1: It's very Ryan Murphy. It's a very Ryan Murphey montage. It's brilliant. I watched that and I was like, draw to the ground. Imagine watching that in your living room for the first time, not knowing what's coming, and you're watching that, like the vocal adrenaline in that in the circle with John Groff in the middle, like like like a Hua being birth. It's brilliant. It's so good, it's so good, and they I have to say, I was watching this and I think I texted you while I was watching the vocal agrenalin number because those dancers are doing it. It is that combo is so intricate and and like you cannot do that unless you are a professional dancer like they were doing it, and I was like, oh my god, at least Zack and Brook it to like show off their their dancing choreography skills, because they show off their stand in a line still with us so.
Speaker 2: Exactly, like Zach Woodley and Brooke Lifton are incredible, and it was also probably such a treat for them to get to work with professional dancers and also.
Speaker 1: US vocal adrenaline. Like that number. They probably rehearsed for like a day and they learned it that fast. And we rehearse for like twenty days to do a stand in a lot a straight line.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, absolutely, that's they absolutely got that so quickly. There's no doubt. Also seeing Haley who was one of the dancers and she went on tour with us so young, with Graf basically that whole number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she looks so good. They looked so good. It was so good. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Graf does incredible like he he's also I think I think that was the best lip sync performance of anybody out of that first season. He is so perfectly on the spit is flying out of his mouth, always graff trademark yep, staple, and I think I just think it's like perfect him sitting down on the piano and doing everything his lips sink is always meticulous.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I also don't think I read this in the script. I mean, I don't think I was reading the full script, to be completely honest, by this point. I think I was reading like you're like searching for stuff. But I when this. I remember watching this at lunch with everybody and being like, what.
Speaker 2: I don't remember this either. I don't know if it was written this way.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was. I think this was probably a concept of Zac and Ryan came up with like separately. But I was very impressed and did not remember that.
Speaker 2: I can't say, like Diana matching the parts of Bohemian Rhapsody with what she's saying and having Amber, and I thought Mark in there was doing a great job of being shocked and disgusted at the same time, and so that insane, insane thing. And so she has her baby Bohemian Rhapsoty is performed and is executed to perfection per usual best part, and Rachel didn't go to the hospital. She watches vocal journaline and runs into Shelby and is like, hey, you should come teach Ugly Club view directions with Sho and she's like, no, I can't do this anymore. I need a family. And she says, well, Quinn just had a beautiful baby girl, and guess who shows about the hospital.
Speaker 1: Shelby and they're in the little nursery which doesn't really exist. I don't know why in the hospital you see these nurseries.
Speaker 2: No, I've been there. They used to have these, okay, because when my sister had her baby twenty three years ago, oh my god, it was like that there was a window and you could I would go up to it and you could see all the babies.
Speaker 1: No, these days after COVID, they leave the baby in the room with you unless you last. Oh yeah. So literally you go to they like gurney you with the baby in your arms, and then they have a little like moving uh fascinette for the baby. It's clear in the room with like a little drawer of lar dark darkness and stuff and that's it and then leave you to it. You can request like can you take the baby away? But I'm like I'm noting that, Like but that changed during COVID anyway, I've never seen the that that glass wall.
Speaker 2: But and so Shelby ends up talking to Quinn and Puck at that little windows, staring at it at the baby, and Puck says the baby's name is Beth, and Shelby then adopts her and names her Beth.
Speaker 1: No so cute.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the judges are deliberating, oh my goodness, and she's out of control, and the lady Newton John is saying the wild wildless thing, wildest stuff to Sue, and you know, started off being mean about new directions, being well, I know, I feel very bad. I don't care who comes in for a second or third, but I know who's coming in last. Right after hearing how horribly Olivia Newton John is talking about them, which is a reflection upon Sue, because then they all turn on Sue being like, you're not a celebrity.
Speaker 1: What are you doing here, You're living in Ohio. You're gonna stay here, We're gonna leave you and going to LA and I do have to stay. Them playing elevated versions of those songs. It's very funny.
Speaker 2: I love that kind of stuff. I'm a sucker for.
Speaker 1: That well, if you're cool enough to like do that, then like you're a cool person, is what I think.
Speaker 2: That's true. And it comes down to where Sue actually starts defending the new directions and it's sweet and you're like, oh, how's this going to go? M h, But what happens, Shenna.
Speaker 1: We end up losing. We still don't know who where, how the judge is actually voted individually, but we do know as a majority, vocal Adrenaline wins and we didn't even place no, we didn't feed in place pathetic and that's and for us, we think at that point, steaks are really high. That's the glee club. That's it to each other again. Yeah, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Guess who's not having it? Emma, Emma. Emma's in there going at it like WWE style with Figgins screaming and it's fun, always fun. Will and Emma have this moment in the hallway right after and she's like, you can't just give up, like you have to fight for glee club and he's like, you're not just talking about glee club, are you, and he kisses her and the hallway during the school day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: And then Rachel walks up, has no reaction to it, and it's like, mister she, we'd like to see you in the auditorium.
Speaker 1: You know, unfazed. Honestly, I have to say, as a teenager in high school, like pretty unfazed. Like maybe that would have been drama, but who knows, maybe not. So we get to the auditorium and mister Shoe comes and we're all sitting there and we dedicate the performance to mister Shoe, and we all go around and we talk about how he's affected and how he's impacted our lives. And I remember shooting this and I remember Brad saying it's okay to cry. That's all I remember him saying, is like, bring on the tears basically.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, here's another reflection of my failures and inabilities as an actor. Everyone's going to be crying except me.
Speaker 1: Here's the interesting thing that we were all crying that I think it would be more interesting to see somebody not crive.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's why I did it. You know, there's an intentional choice.
Speaker 1: And we performed this numbers.
Speaker 2: Did you know this song to serve with love.
Speaker 1: No, I did not.
Speaker 2: I do not either, And I remember I I couldn't remember any of it while we were shooting it. I was having such a hard time remembering the backgrounds well.
Speaker 1: The background loocals were very complicated on this one because it was kind of like a cannon or around where Leo was singing the main chorus, and then we were kind of echoing it and the timing was all off, and I don't you know, we learn those things, like Tim Davis comes ten minutes before we start shooting and says, okay, this is how it goes, and we're like okay.
Speaker 2: And it's like when you're doing a full like dance number you can swing your arms or hair in front of your face from you don't when you're just sitting there and it's tears and emotional like dream of little dream, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: You're naked, or like true colors, you just nay.
Speaker 2: Know the actual words, which sucks.
Speaker 1: But I did get cheery eyed. I did get cheery eyed watching it, and so does mister Shuster and he's very appreciative. And then we see Sue in the background crying or tears in her eyes not crying. Let me just rewind she's slightly crying.
Speaker 2: Sue then meets to in the choir room, and I want to talk about this scene because I do not have any recollection of this line. She comes into this room is as barren as me, just like really quickly just says it, throws it away and moves on.
Speaker 1: She has a lot of really good lines in this scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy. I mean basically what happens after saying insane things to him like you're a good teacher, will Now, I don't like you so much, but I admire you and your work and the work you're doing with your kids. And she's basically like, I don't want to lose you as an enemy.
Speaker 1: Right, I want to ridicule your hair. I want to make fun of you for cheering up more than Michael Landon in the sweeps weeks episode of the Prairie and Ce Sylvester doesn't want to live in that kind of world. So also fun fact, misters, she was packing up the choir room when she walks in, and that that Wiener dog porcelain thing he's holding is actually from his choir room and it was his teachers, his music teachers, and while Sue is giving Will backhanded compliments, she it is revealed that she actually did vote for New Directions to win.
Speaker 2: And she went to Figgins and is like, give them another year.
Speaker 1: I'm going to continue to blackmail you. And that's it. And so we get another year. That's how season do.
Speaker 2: And Will gives us the number of his own somewhere over the rainbow.
Speaker 1: And Mattie Maddie performs that that was like something that he had performed four and he plays skulele, so he I guess they wrote that in Yeah but for sweet Yeah that's a great number. Yeah, really nice and I that is pretty much the end of season one. That's it.
Speaker 2: The New Directions will be back. You get another year to being nice for a brief moment, because she needs She's just competitive, right m hm. And somewhere deep down there she has a heart.
Speaker 1: Somewhere deep down she does have a heart. Jane has said that. And of course, and of course we're going to get another europe New Directions. Who's who are we kidding?
Speaker 2: New Directions gotta stick around because Fox picked us up for another season. That's right, and that is season one, folks. Wow, can you believe it. I love this episode. I loved it so much that I kept going and started to watch season two immediately after.
Speaker 1: I didn't, but I did love this episode A lot, a lot, a lot a lot very well. That episode.
Speaker 2: If you watch season one straightened the season two, it's a bit jarring, I think, because, like we said, we do like a little different, some of us more than others.
Speaker 1: We we definitely and season two. The start of season two, I always say these episodes, the kickoff episodes have like a lot of exposition again, and I don't know, I just they never fully meet the expectation of like a season premiere for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to talk about it because it's pretty dick crazy TARTI takes Jenna, let's do it the last one of the season. I say this, like we're not gonna be back.
Speaker 1: Next week, right, cringe moments aka oucheese.
Speaker 2: I would say, Will and Emma sing in the hallway. Yeah, I seems inappropriate.
Speaker 1: I'm with that one. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Also, I Livington john says some crazy crazy things and that judging room. But also I sort of like she can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 1: That's right. I agree, that's why I didn't pick that because.
Speaker 2: Worst dance move.
Speaker 1: Jenna's arms in the Carlton.
Speaker 2: I would also like to point out best dance move. I mean the vocal adrenaline, the girls flying through the air, the birth of John Groff through the arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just say Bohemian Rhapsody is the best dance move.
Speaker 2: The whole thing, the best song.
Speaker 1: Oh man. I mean, I feel like I want to say Faithfully.
Speaker 2: Oh, I say, it's a tie between Faithful and Boheman Rhapsody.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, we can pick one in one and call it gred best performance by a prop. I think the baby.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that too much. Does the baby count that beautiful newborn? Yes? You want to know something so disturbing? What that baby's a teen now?
Speaker 1: No, we need to find that baby.
Speaker 2: I was watching it and Marco turned to me that baby's a teenager, and I had to pose it and catch my breath.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh boy, yeah, that baby is thirteen years old.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I hate that for us.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: You're welcome anytime. Favorite lines of this episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, this sounds like kind of cringey, but also, oh, really the delivery is excellent, Jane Jane and Will. Will says I should shake her hand and Sue says, not unless you got some insanitizer. I've seen that car you drive. I don't want to catch poor it said old boy.
Speaker 2: She says poor, I don't want to catch poor. I think my favorite line was Dana's screaming shut up, shut up during the birthing.
Speaker 1: It's so good, so good. Okay, and and tell me, tell me what you found.
Speaker 2: Jenna should be found on TikTok. It is a Chicago drag queen by the name of Annie Andrews. If you go on TikTok her TikTok is, it's Annie Andrews and she does the full Quinn. She does It's a Man's World, Oh my God, the pregnancy belly, and she does the Bohemian Rhapsody birth scene and it's not her playing Bohemon Rhapsody. They're playing the actual episode version of it. So she's doing all the lines that does and it is incredible. So I mean, if you are in Chicago, go check out Annie Andrews because this, you know, if you're watching this season of Dragons, past season of Drag Race Lucy Laeduca got some flat for not having a pregnancy bellion when she did her Beyonce look. And let me tell you, Annie Andrews had the pregnancy belly.
Speaker 1: She absolutely does have the pregnancy bellion and she is giving Okay, wow, it's so good. Drag Queen's doing Glee. I mean, yep, it's nothing better.
Speaker 2: Quinn deserved better.
Speaker 1: That's funny, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Thank you Annie Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we did it. That is season one, you guys. Thank you for sticking with us. That was really fun. And like Ian said, it's Murderer's Row this season. I love that. And I can't wait to recap season two with y'all.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're just getting started, Jenna, Oh my god, we're just getting started. Thank you for listening. Thank you for being with us this long. We're so excited to be doing this and so happy to be like reading all of your feedback. Keep tagging us and these tiktoks, and we'll see you next season next week.
Speaker 1: That's how you really missed.
Speaker 2: That's what you really missed. Bye bye. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.