Speaker 1: This is Intimate Knowledge with Megan King. It's a show about sex. Hello everybody, and welcome back to Intimate Knowledge. I'm your host, Meghan King. You can find me on Instagram at Meghan King or guyahnexperience dot com, where you can check out all of our women's growth retreats and sign up and meet me in a beautiful city somewhere around the world. So, okay, today I'm excited. I am going to talk to Danielle Rule from Love Is Blind. I'm obsessed with that show. But before we go into that, I want to talk about a couple headlines. These are headlines about me and also just about I don't know, weird things that are happening in the gossip world with Taylor Swift and TikTok phenoms. So let's get started, ladies and gentlemen. Okay, first of all, there is this tech talk trend. It's called boyfriend air. Have you guys heard of this before? I've never heard of this. I feel like TikTok trends are a little bit younger than me for the most part. But then some people like my digital manager, he's basically my assistant. He he was. He'll tell me about these trends, and he'll send me links to the tiktoks and I watch them and I'm like, these are so fun, and then I find myself getting addicted and like scrolling through and watching with my kids. I don't think I'm gonna get addicted to this one. This is boyfriend air. So basically, it's when it's not a good thing, it's negative. It's when you're hanging out with your boyfriend for a long period of time or whatever. You know, you're starting to get comfortable, and next thing you know, you like get ready in the morning, you do your hair and makeup, and you go over to hang out with your boyfriend, and a couple of hours pass and you look like absolute or shit, Like your hair is greasy, your makeup have somehow evaporated into thin air. And this is my theory on it. First of all, anybody who has been in a relationship for like longer than are a cup more than one relationship that has lasted for longer than six months knows that like this is called getting comfortable. This is not called boyfriend air. This is called you are just comfortable with your significant other. You don't have to try as hard. You both love each other for who you are. You know each other below just skin deep level, and beauty is not just skin deep, and you both understand that, and so now you are just caring less. It's not that the makeup melts away. That's it's that you're not paid attention to smudging it off because it doesn't ultimately matter anyways. You know what. It's interesting because I remember when I was a kid, I was in high school, and you'd always want a new dress for a dance or whatever. We wore uniforms, so we would love to get dressed up for dances, and we would often go to Forever twenty one because there was very affordable clothes, which we called Forever. Who's and who'sh is a name, a derogatory term that Midwesterners use. It probably came from the Indiana Hoosia's at some point, but it's not has nothing to do with that. Hoosier is a word that we use to kind of say like low class, little trashy, little just unrefined, not very sophisticated or durable. And this is the how we describe the closet Forever twenty one. And I think anyone would probably agree with that, and so we would say we'd walk around the store and we would say to our friends, is this cute? Oh my gosh, look at this? Look at this? And sometimes we would look at each other and with a scowl, look up and down like who are you? You have forever whoge eyes? And basically that just meant that you had looked at this type of clothing for so long that you started to believe that this is normal and this is what it's supposed to look like, and really you just need to recalibrate and get back to what normal clothing looks like a little bit classier clothing, and then you can go pick out your outfit at Forever twenty one, but recalibrations would be necessary. I know that sounds harsh and judgmental, and it absolutely was, and I don't think that. I think that we can all probably relate to something like that, and if not good for you, you are a better place person than I am. I think this is also related to the happy weight that people get in relationships, similar to when you know the fresh well, I was gonna say the freshman fifteen. I think that just has to do with stress and anxiety, whereas like if you're gaining weight because you're in love. It's the lack of having stress and anxiety. When I have stress and anxiety, I don't gain weight. I lose weight. When other people have stress and anxiety, maybe they eat their feelings. Everybody's different. Do men notice this? They absolutely do not, because they are right there with you, honey, they are Their skin is breaking out. They are not getting haircuts every whatever they do four weeks, six weeks. I don't even know what they do. I feel like my boys are always getting their haircut, So I don't know what grown ups do if it grows faster or slower. But yes, it happens to everybody, ladies, so you are not alone. I feel like this is probably, you know, more for the young kids. But if maybe you're thirty eight and you're starting to date for the first time in the internet world, well welcome, ladies, because it's real fun out there and you're gonna have a great time and don't worry about this phenomenon. Okay, all right, So also Taylor Swift and Joe Alwins breakup. First of all, I didn't even know Taylor Swift would dating anybody, and I'm a Swiftie. I love her. I think she's a badass. I love her lyrics, and I didn't even know she was dating anybody. So good on you, Taylor Swift for hiding that relationship from me for six years. And I'm like the nosiest person in the world and also the world's best detective. Thank you very much. Real Housewives of Orange County Season ten, when I discovered that Brooks doesn't have cancer on national television, that is right. I am the Housewives detective and I did not know this about Taylor Swift. Now, the breakup happened a few weeks ago. I think Taylor, you know they've been together six years. I think John or Joe. I'm sorry. See, look, I don't even know. He probably wanted more stability and private within the that privacy can provide, stability that privacy can provide, and Taylor's just not that. And she's a free spirit. She's very creative spirit, and she's she seems organized and like she has a very clear trajectory for what she wants to do with her career. So Taylor Swift has everything she needs. She has money, she has fame, she has she's smart, she's connections. I mean, what does this woman need. It's not like she could really truly like marry someone and create you know, some sort of As I'm saying this, I'm like, yes, she could some sort of like empire, and then I'm thinking like jay Z and Beyonce and yeah, actually, never mind, I take that back. But what I'm saying is she doesn't need to settle, and she doesn't need to create a bigger empire than she's already created. One of the top musical artists in the entire world. So if she wants something that's bigger than her relationship, then she's probably going to be more apt to like leave it behind. I don't know, I'm just like really going on a limb here. But what's so interesting is that some people are speculating that the breakup with a PR stunt due to timing, because right now she has a thirteen day break from her tour and this would allow her to stay in the news cycle. So is this a PR I think Taylor is a marketing genius, So if it is a PR stunt, I think it's perfectly timed and brilliant if you ask me, and I am here for it, And maybe it wasn't even her timing, maybe like this is what I'm thinking. She and her boyfriend breakup. She's thinking, great, this is gonna come out at some point somewhat where like when should this come out? It's not like Taylor Swift needs to be in the news, like she's super super famous, but without being in the news. But like, all right, so she's thinking, all right, this has to come out at some point, Well, how can I do this where I can like emotionally handle the backlash from this? And she's a very sensitive person, it seems like, and it's hard to go through a public breakup, and so she's probably like, all right, I have a thirteen day break. I could probably process it and kind of hide, Like people won't be screaming at me asking me questions about it as I walk into the concerts. So let's let it break during. Then, I really don't think it's necessarily about pr although I don't think it hurts. And also Taylor's all about making, you know, coming up with the next great lyrics, So now she has a lot to write about. And truly I believe that, and I'm not saying that as a negative thing or or like to be condescending to her. I think that a true like creative personality like Taylor's, where she infuses her own personality in emotions into her lyrics, she requires a lot of life experience in order to do that in a way that masses can relate to. And as long as she's authentic to herself, then she is going to come across that way in her lyrics. And it does. I mean, she's freaking Taylor Swift. It's sad though, because she was just like there was rumors she was just gonna get married even a few weeks ago, and you know, she was with this guy for six years. I think that when we've learned on the show that people know after six months of dating if they're with the one that they're going to be with. So it's either that they know that they're going to be with them and they're just delaying tying than not or getting engaged, or they know they're not going to be with them and they're delaying the inevitable breakup because sometimes comfort is really what we're looking for more than like long term, you know, longevity in a relationship. So I don't know what Taylor Taylor's was thinking there, but you know. I was at the iHeartRadio Music Awards recently and she was presented an award. What was it? It was Innovator of the Year, and she gave a great speech. She's so inspirational, and I'm I feel bad for her. My heart goes out to her. But you know, keep doing you, Taylor. What's new with me? Okay, we should talk about this really quickly. So I have this subscriber page on my Instagram right, so my subscribers can paid nine to ninety nine a month, and I talk about more in depth things on that page about my personal life. I talk about my son and struggles with my I talk about struggles with co parenting. Well, anyways, a woman came to me alleging some infidelity that didn't with someone that did not include me. I'm being very cryptic because I'm not trying to start a war or anything. And I also know what it's like to be a public figure and people come forward and say things that aren't true. However, I have strong reason to believe that everything that this person was saying is true. It's just interesting how even after a divorce, I got officially divorced two years ago, officially separated I think three and a half years ago, and it's incredible how after three and a half years things keep surfacing. Does it hurt less? I think so. I think it hurts less. But what it doesn't help is my trust that I have in myself and my own picker. Because I thought I was with someone and I thought I knew who he was, and then I find out that he's not who I think he is. We split up, and then I have things like what just happened to me, you know, a few days ago, with this woman coming forward, and it just helps remind me yet again that there's even more that I don't know about this stranger that I was married to and living with for seven years and have three children with. And that's a very sad place to be. So on that note, I am going to a music festival with my girlfriend this weekend, and we're going to Austin, Texas, and there are plenty of good looking cowboys down there, so I will report back with some great country music, some good looking tans on, some hopefully scantily clad men, but like appropriately clad, but just like we'll be outside, so maybe a shirt could be removed, I wouldn't be mad about that. And I'm not talking about hooking up. I'm talking about just a little eye candy. Okay, Like I'm still a woman, I still have eyeballs because everything with my guy is going just fine and swimming. I mean, it is what it is, right It's a situationship and that is just fine for me right now. Chris Harrison had some words of advice for me. He didn't think that I am in a healthy relationship. But I pushed back because I said, just because it's not traditional doesn't mean that it's unhealthy. And this is healthy for me. So that's where I'm That's where I'm gonna stay right now. Okay, in the waiting room, we have Danielle Rule. Danielle Rule, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for being with us today. I'm so excited to have you on. And for those of you who don't know Danielle Rule, she was a contestant on season two of Love Is Blind, and so she and her ex husband Nick Thompson, they met on the show Were You Guys are actually the first couple of the season to get engaged, but file for divorce a few months after the season aired in August of last year, and you live in Chicago and work in advertising, and you're very open about topics surrounding mental health. Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's a lot more, But does that summarize it? Elevator sweet, Yes, yes, exactly. Okay, So I'm so stoked to have you on. I'm a huge fan of Love is Blind. Actually, I should say I'm a huge fan of Love and Blind season one and season two. Now I feel like it's Love is Blind is in the seasons of like this the reality curse that happens to almost every reality show. And I can say this because I was on a reality show for three years, but I think it's in the in the in the moment of everybody knows what it is, so they're going to go on to try to get Insta famous, and it's just feels a little bit more choreographed now. So you guys in the first season were obviously like, wait, beyond the best, but I you and and Nick had the craziest love story of all I know.
Speaker 2: I mean during the time period, none of that was fabricated, like one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I felt like that.
Speaker 2: I still get goosebumps thinking about the fact that that even was like work for it didn't work for me long time. But the fact that in the moment, yeah.
Speaker 1: What like was it like you were just so engrossed in the moment and each other you kind of forgot about the world around you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, one, there really is no world around you, right, and so yes, you forget about it, and you're also like dating twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: But on top of that, it was kind of.
Speaker 2: Like you're dating a mix of different personalities that you don't necessarily always date and the.
Speaker 1: One can't see them. True, But that was one.
Speaker 2: Of the reasons I went on because it's funny, like, if you look at all of the people I've dated before, none of them look like I sometimes make fun of the people that I date because they're like, you know, like literally there's no consistency except the personality.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it was the exact opposite of the type of personality I typically go for, which is how I was like, you know, I would never would have dated someone with this kind of personality because transparently I used to go for like outwardly like.
Speaker 1: Outgoing.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say the word douchebag things. Okay, I know the type.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, with someone that's like not typically someone who I would gravitate towards, I was like, wow, you know, like you don't necessarily own an opportunity he was.
Speaker 1: I mean, he seemed like where is he from? Like, oh, he's from Chicago. Yeah, that's right, because you guys all kind of have you know what, he kind of reminds me of like somebody from the Pacific Northwest. Like really he seems like really laid back and like a little quirky and like all in his fields and everything. And you guys seemed like a really good match in that way, like you were both very open and willing to share your emotions with one another, even if you weren't at the same place. Like you both it seemed like you both really respected each other.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And I mean even like some of the conversations that didn't air and how deep they did get in the pot and honestly, in the pods, you kind of do forget that they're are camera's there. They're a lot more hidden it. But the conversations that we had one were deeper than I've had in relationships that I've had for years. And then two it's like the responses to like describing those emotions and getting someone else's perspective or hearing how someone else relates in a way that you know a lot of other people don't. And so when you're dating fifteen other people to start, and then you have this like deep connection with someone on these very very like in depth topics, you do form a bond. Right. Again, that's not necessarily something that like was shown, but it's something that kind.
Speaker 1: Of like brought us together pretty quickly. I mean I can see that too, because I was on the Real Housewives of Orange County for three seasons, and that's a big franchise. You know, there's Orange County in Beverly Hills and Jersey and Atlanta and a bunch of cities. And it's interesting because I had this, I have this bond with those women on my show that was it's even though I might not have liked all of them or gotten along all the time, like we definitely have something in common that only we can understand. And then that extends like one layer further with the rest of the franchise, you know, all of the other house anybody who's ever been a housewife ever, And again it's not necessarily about like do you connect do you not connect, It's that you have this shared bond that so few people in the world have. And so is that kind of what you're saying about your castmates with it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's how it was with Nick and I now castmates. I think that's why we hang out so much. One it's like, it really is the most authentic group of girls, Like really, like I need a phone call, and in a split second, any one of them will be like, I'm available. I remember when I was going through the divorce process. Within a second, ey on A showed up. And those are the kind of things where it's like I don't need to post on social media every single thing that they're doing for me. Behind the scenes, they are there for me twenty four to seven. And some people do think like, oh, they still hang out like for cloud blah blah blah, and it's like no, actually, like it's the behind the scenes things, not the pictures, not us posting on Instagram stories that make us still relate so much to one another. But even when talking with my friends, they straight up will say I don't know what that feels like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also like even if you would be hanging out with for cloud, fuck them because you're allowed to do that too. Like it. I mean, if you want to work in the world of entertainment, you gotta do what you gotta do. So screw you here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just want it like they're like the best people in.
Speaker 1: The entire way. But you guys seem like it. You guys all are normal people with normal lives, normal jobs and everything. It's not like it's not like the hot mess that is you know, the Real Housewives Orange County. It's kind of like The Bachelor or something. You know, you bring normal people on, except with like more age appropriate and like less like modeling. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like we all had our separate relationships, we all went through breakups, we all went through like craziness of the show airing.
Speaker 1: It's like we have a little trauma, right, totally, you do. Okay, So did when you guys got divorced, did people pick sides or did everybody stay friends? Oh? So no, no one really picks sides.
Speaker 2: I mean there were instances in which people didn't necessarily appreciate the way that he would talk to me in front of them.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I could see that he was kind of condescending.
Speaker 2: I mean, even more so off Cameron. I have talked about this before where there were situations in which the girls picked up on before I did, and they actually didn't bring it to my attention until they realized that I had moved out. Because I moved out before I communicated to anyone that we weren't, you know, living together, we were still trying to make it worse.
Speaker 1: Were sneaky? You were sneaky, Danielle. Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I got a new place to work from home at and I was like, oh my god, I feel so weird lying, but no, I moved out.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay, so why, like what happened? Why did you move out? Did you have to be sneaky about it? Or did you tell him? Do you guys talk about it?
Speaker 2: No, we talked about it first. There was an incident. We actually have not spoken or seen each other. It's almost a year now. It was like the Sunday at Loos that good or bad? We haven't talked at all during an entire divorce.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound good. No, no, no, I mean now it's good. Now, it's good. But like in the beginning, there was an argument that.
Speaker 2: It happened the Sunday of Lallapaloosa I will never forget. And after that I was like, you know, I'm gonna that's when we split. So that's when I was like, okay, yeah, like the Sunday of Lallapalooza, that's when things just got to a point of no return.
Speaker 1: What was the fight about. It was so stupid. It was so stupid. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back, Like, were you guys like drinking too much and said something that you're not supposed to say and a heated moment it.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, it was a drunk argument, and then there was just a SNAr the stuff that was said.
Speaker 1: I was just like, you know, like mean yeah, And it was that.
Speaker 2: It was like there were so many different situations, Like there was another situation in which caused me to move out, so I was already living separately before the whole Lolla Balooza incident. But that was also the same weekend when the girls were all there and they were like, oh man, that was so uncomfortable watching you guys interact with each other.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so you got divorce. You got married after how knowing this guy for how long? Like two weeks? Eight weeks? Okay, I got married after knowing somebody for five weeks and we got divorced two months after that, we got annulled. Did you get ann old or divorced? Divorce? Yeah? That was fully real? Wow? So what would you ever do anything like this again? Do you think that it could be real? So?
Speaker 2: I mean that was the thing, Like it was real, Like there's no doubt in my mind that throughout the entire process it was real.
Speaker 1: The feelings were real.
Speaker 2: Well real long I should say, you need more than any once to know someone before getting married to him. Also, like, not on top of that, you're filming almost the entire time, so when you're like doing this show, yes, you get to know someone for eight weeks and some people get married before then, but we're also we were never not getting to know each other really behind cameras, unless it was like a couple hours a night, And I think that's what made it really difficult, is like, you know, I think we thought we knew each other enough, but looking back, it's like even though it was eight weeks, which you know, long time, not a long time, Like we really didn't get to know each other without something, you know, like you don't always act.
Speaker 1: Is there anything specific that you can think of that you really didn't get to know about the other person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there was a lot of different things in terms of like some of our just like core beliefs are entirely different, like and not even necessarily just like we have some you know, political belief differences, we have some medication belief differences, or you know, there's things like that where you don't talk about it. You're talking about all of these other things because there are you know, more pressing things that you think are more pressing. But then when it comes to being married and having kids, and it's like, wow, like one, I don't want to have to stop, you know, having my viewpoints on certain medications or certain you know, X, Y and Z, especially when thinking about having kids. So those are different things where it's like okay, like it's not as big of a deal until you're actually married and talking about these things, and then.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, those are huge value drivers. You know, I could definitely see that if you would you ever go back on a dating show again.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what gets a little bit tricky because I what I love is buying for a reason because of the fact of like the PREMI of you know, getting to know someone for who they are. I'm not a competitive girl, so me thinking about competitive like competing with other women, Like I never really have fights with girls, So I like hand of envisioned myself in the world of the Batcher where I'm like, I would like i would.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, no, you didn't fight with anybody on Love is Blind. No, no, And I'm still actually like friends with everyone. Yeah, you like you staked your claim and and with Nick, and he stakes his claim with you, and that was that you guys are like the mom and dad of the group.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, there actually were love triangles between me and Nick behind the scenes that didn't air no way with who So there was someone who wasn't shown, but he there were Me and this other girl had very strong feelings for him. And I heard her coming out of a pod date and she was, you know, talking to the other girls about some of the things that he said, and she was like over the moon about it. So I went into our night date that night and I was like, you know, I'm a little upset about this because you said the same exact line to her as you did me, and you said you were only here for me, and so you know, it's totally fine, like we're not supposed to put all of our eggs in one basket, and I want you to choose me because you want to choose me, right, So I'm not giving an ultimatum, just like don't lie to me, like if.
Speaker 1: You'll lie exactly, don't lie.
Speaker 2: And the next day he did break it off with her, but there was a long period of time where it was like me and someone else who wow, feelings for him, but not all that like not everything can be heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that's so interesting. So okay, well, what advice would you give to someone going on love is blind?
Speaker 2: Specifically one I didn't. I couldn't trust my feelings. I was like, is this real? Like how do I really feel this much?
Speaker 1: So soon?
Speaker 2: So I would like a second, I'm like, yeh man, like how because I felt a lot, Like literally day three, I was writing down that I was in love and wanting to call my mom and I was like is this possible? And so like I would get in my head thinking like okay, slow down, Danielle. But actually, like it is, and it was in addition to that is just like staying tue to yourself and not letting anyone else like help you form your opinion to your behaviors.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, good advice. So okay, I gotta bring up something that was controversial on the show. I forget his name, and he was the guy that everybody loved to hate because he was like, well, what does your body look like? And da da da daho? Who what's his name? Shake? Yeah? And so the thing is, it's like I get where he's coming from. Like I think, like physical attraction is huge as far as you know, a partnership goes. And I, in my opinion, like you've said that you're really attracted to the personality more than the body. But I feel like overall I have kind of a type of body that I like, but more than that, I just want a decent guy, like a decently like attractive man, you know, someone that And maybe it's the Genessee quah that I can't put my finger on why I'm attracted to this man and you are not, but it is so important to me, And so like I understood where he was coming from. When he was asking about like bodies, and he ultimately like I mean, Vanessa Leche was pissed at him.
Speaker 2: So one thing that I will say is that because the reunion that's coming up is live, right, and that's nuts to me.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, oh my god, Like, I can't even imagine if mine was. I know, right, we have a group chat. Uh, the girls and I have a group chat. Oh can I be in on it? At me? I will give me your okay. It was funny.
Speaker 2: Natalie was like, oh my gosh, I wish we could have had a live reunion so everyone could have seen what he actually said. Yeah, so and I was like, no, actually, I'm really glad he didn't because we didn't have a live reunion because some of the stuff that he said, like was so degrading that they cut it out.
Speaker 1: Oh seriously. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a time period where I actually had to leave and go to the bath sit in a stall to decompress. And it wasn't about me. I won't say who it is about, but it was. It was literally so bad that I almost left. Vanessa almost leapt. Ayana came to get me out of the bathroom. So those are things that people don't necessarily know because he's always like, oh yeah, we were friends, and we were friends, and I don't, you know, wish him hate anymore.
Speaker 1: It's water onto the bridge.
Speaker 2: But there were a lot of things that were edited out of the reunion because not only would he have gotten so much hate, would the other person have gotten humiliated, but also the show would have gotten hate for right, right? That was that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, So where do you go from here? Here? You are, you're now you have experienced a certain level of fame, I'm sure, like especially in Chicago, and especially when you're hanging out with your authentic friends who are also television stars, and you know, that's just like an even brighter spotlight on you. How do you deal with dating now? It is hard? Yeah, no, I mean it is hard.
Speaker 2: It's it's actually like harder now after having been on a show than it was beforehand. And it's interesting. I was talking to someone that I know that was on The Bachelor.
Speaker 1: He is one of the.
Speaker 2: Males, and it's it's putting into perspective the difference of a guy being on a show versus a girl being on a show. Because one most guys don't watch Love is Blind. But once they figure out that you were on it, there's either you know, some people.
Speaker 1: Don't like the publicity. So I don't start with the fact that I was on Love is Blind.
Speaker 2: I try to keep that like a little bit in the back burner up until, like, you know, I can get to know someone and whether or not they'd like me. But I remember I was on a first date and we went out after dinner and there were so many different people like asking for pictures.
Speaker 1: Girls, right, women, Oh, all girls, all girls, and the guys are like, what's happening.
Speaker 2: But he was like, you know, like I don't you know, this isn't something that I am. I'm ready for, you know, and like you you know, not about it still, and he's like, I don't think you're ready for it either, So I don't think you're ready for a relationship. And then there's people who will come up to me because people are asking me for pictures and or once they see that, they get really, really really excited. And then there was a guy that I was dating who pretended like he had never heard of the show in his.
Speaker 1: Entire and Hattie, yeah, oh that's so annoying. Just be real and honest right.
Speaker 2: And it was interesting because he was someone who I felt like very very like like normal around. I was so comfortable around him from day one. I opened up to him about things that I typically don't ride away, and once I went back to his apartment saw that on Netflix he had watched the entire second season, and then I was like, he knew exactly how to get me to open up or how to get to me.
Speaker 1: And I fell for this guy like pretty fast, Like I'm not he manipulated you. He sounds like a narcissist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knew everything about me before meeting me, and I had no idea until after the fact. And what makes it even better is he lives right upstairs in my building.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god, I'm like parasite right, piece of the pie. Yeah, so are you? So have you how has the show affected your career? So it has affected like pretty much everything.
Speaker 2: When I got back so after the show aired, I remember someone had started on my team after I interviewed her, and she was like, yeah, everyone at the office is asking me if you're as crazy as you seem to be in real life, and I'm like, and she's my direction.
Speaker 1: I don't seem to be crazy. I don't think at all. I don't think anyone really seemed crazy on that show, honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean, in regardless, it's like, oh my gosh, so I have like there's like these ideas of who I am based on what they saw on TV and that, like yeah, And also there was a recent situation in which, you know, I'm vocal about mental health, like I'm always going to be, and someone was, you know, like, well, I don't feel comfortable coming to you for help because you have mental health issues. I was like, I'm fine, I'm capable of working. Just because I am vocal about mental health on social media doesn't mean that you can't ask me to help you with the project. So there's a lot of different things in which I really think it would impact, but it does a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole public public figure thing is so interesting. Well, so, okay, I want to get back to a couple of sex questions, because this is a podcast about sex that is called into Knowledge. So I want to know when you and Nick first had sex for the first time, like when you not even sex necessarily, I mean, honestly, if I had to talk to somebody on the other side of a screen for eight weeks or whatever it was two weeks, whatever it was. How long was it? The pods were ten days? Okay, so ten days. I would just like want to jump his bones immediately.
Speaker 2: I thought about it every night, Yeah, every night, going back to the hotel.
Speaker 1: And then when you so, what do you do? Do you just like rip his clothes off to the second you sum.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much what happened. I'm not even gonna lie in Mexico.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's hot, he has a good body, he's sexy, and so he ripped his clothes off and you go at it, and what was his sex? Like? It was good? It wasn't great? What was this ding dong? Like? I don't want to You just told us, You just told us it was fine. It didn't blow you away. Because that's the thing too, Like you got to know what you're working with, the goods. I talk about this like we can see guys can see the breast, Like that's that's pretty much much what you're working with, right, Like if you're a boob guy, you got the boobs, well, like what if you're what if you're a ding dong girl and you want like me, like you. Oh yeah, any straight woman, right, we want to know what we're working with and you got to get down in there and check it out. And it's not even the size right all the time. It's just like how you work it. Sure. I mean, size is as long as it's big enough. No, and I'm not talking about the size. I'm talking about the motion in the ocean. Did he have the motion in the ocean? No, he did it. He was missing it. He doesn't And I feel like an asshole right now, but I'm ever he's got what he's gotta. He's going to already know. It's not the first time this has happened. And if he doesn't, then whatever guys think they're so good in bed all the time, it's about you. What we could deserve an about face every now and then, especially after talking shit on you. I'm a team Danielle. If you ask me, Yeah, I mean I was.
Speaker 2: You know, I tell people what I want and it started getting better once I started you know, a little training.
Speaker 1: Good good. Okay, there you go, an empowered woman. Okay, So after all of this whole experience, here you are today. How do you trust yourself in love moving forward? And do you have anybody that you're talking like that you're dating romantic with right now? You know, I'm casually dating.
Speaker 2: There was someone who I was seeing who I found out was seeing someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you guys exclusive? Yes, I was, so he was cheating on you, he.
Speaker 2: Was cheating on me. But also was it a two year relationship? And this girl had been a town for months?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, shut that out from the door. People that work in my apartment because he lives here. Oh my gosh, she's looking they're looking out for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, And so like, I have friends in the building, and so, yeah, I was seeing this guy one he already lied about watching Love is Blind and should have been the first red flat.
Speaker 1: Oh that's you.
Speaker 2: I find out that he had an actual girlfriend who had just like you know, gone to her parents' house for months during the holidays. And then I come to find out they lived together by building.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy's just he's a bad dude. Run.
Speaker 2: So now I'm like, every time I go to the elevator, I'm like, please, please, please, please please please don't be in it.
Speaker 1: That's a meme. You gotta do like a TikTok on that. That's funny. I know.
Speaker 2: I like, I'm like seriously, like, this is worse than the drama I had on Love is Blind?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what do you but what do you do? What? Okay? Where do you find people?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: What apps are you on?
Speaker 2: I went back on apps and then someone was like, oh, didn't you marry some dude on Love is Bline?
Speaker 1: I was like delete, So I leave the whole app because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean because again, like I still think I get like a little bit of weirdness around people like judging me, which I shouldn't. But that guy in Hinge, even though he lives in the building, he was going on those dates. But I think too, just like in person going around, Like I have one single friend who went through a pretty messy breakup and so me and her are like, let's go yeah, fun girl, Like if you're out with this one girl, it's way less intimidating for guys to come up to and it's like one hundred percent success rate.
Speaker 1: But I haven't gone out. I'm going to Austin for a country music festival. It's there, you know, Austin's a place to find men in country like cowboy boots, come on, girlfriend place, I'll sign you up. Let's go. I'm buying a ticket the second outfit? Are you on? Rayah? I am not. I find I kind of like that one, but there's like there's a lot of people who think they're too cool for school.
Speaker 2: In that one that was on it, and then I deleted it even before the show, and now they want to.
Speaker 1: Except me back. No, I got it. I'm not gonna ask. I wasn't. Riyah won't let you back on became a reality star. Yes, I'm back on the wait list. I wasn't immediately, fir did you get it back on the wait list? How long has it been? Really? A month? A month? Oh? You still might make it on If it's only been a month, you I mean, you're getting close to the end. I wo'll give it another month, but it's not like it's been a whole year.
Speaker 2: My friend, who's like this innocent little girl who works in software sales, was like.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it. Media and what you w on there? That did? They must have watched the show and just don't want them. I don't know. I don't get it and get it. Well, Danielle, thank you so much for coming on. Where can we find you. What are you promoting?
Speaker 2: So you can find me on primarily Instagram, d N E L L r u HL so do not rule.
Speaker 1: I still talk a lot about mental health.
Speaker 2: It's funny now that I've been experiencing so much apartment drama and dog park drama that is just like the service level of what I talked about. So I'm talking about like my current dating life. Like I'm pretty open about that kind of stuff, honestly, just like behind the scenes of who I am, it's almost like I'm.
Speaker 1: Like I'm scrolling through right now. You're beautiful. I love your pictures. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start more frequently like doing reels about the crazy dating experiences that I have because like, yes, dog park experiences. I was at the dog park with and she was talking about this guy that she went on a date with and asked me about it.
Speaker 1: Turns out she dated the Love is Blind cast member.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, what, Yes, it's a small world. I'm learning so much drama at the apartment in the dog park.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm like, oh my gosh, it's its own reality show exactly. So I'm going to share in season four, Love is blind except as just Danielle rule.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not involved in all the drama most of it.
Speaker 1: But oh my gosh, this is amazing. All right, well, thank you so much for coming on. I'm gonna text you. I'm gonna get your number. I'm gonna text you. I'm gonna join that group chat. We're gonna talk about everything. I'm coming to Austin. You're coming to Austin. We're gonna do the great awesome I'm gonna get I'm gonna get your number. After this, I'm gonna text you. Oh I'm down. Let's go teach me how to meet men. Fact, let's learn together, lady. Oh right, all right, Danielle. Thanks, they'll be in touch. Thank you. I had so much fun talking to Danielle. I I didn't even have to look down at any of the notes because I was so enthralled with her and her story. She's so easy to talk to. I feel like she I figured she would be exactly how she was because I was such a huge fan of this show, and she is. She's easy to talk to. I am going to follow up with her story at the dog park and I'm going to go I'm gonna go out with her. I'm gonna see what you talk about with this fooswall thing. We're gonna figure this man thing out together. Okay, you guys. So next week on Intimate Knowledge, make sure to listen. I'm gonna have tons of juicy stories and scoop and a great guest for you, like we do every week. So until then, if I know, you know, Okay, Bye, everybody.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to Intimate Knowledge on iHeartRadio or wherever you listen to podcasts.