Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two eighty three, Episode one of Good Daily, My Guys Today production of iHeartRadio. This Well, this is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it is Monday, April seventeenth, twenty twenty three. Don't know what that is?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Don't ask you know who knows? When they don't even get me? Sorry, don't even get me a sit Monday, Glen I right, yeah, somebody's got a case on the Monday. My name's Jack O'Brien aka somebody once told me it's all the cold gast study. You take the guns, the there's less holes in heads. That's courtesy alc a Roni. And I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my.
Speaker 3: Co host mister Miles Gras Miles Gray aka what would you do IF's I baby at home crying on the loan on the bedroom floor.
Speaker 4: Because he wants beats and the only way to feed him is the fuck like DM with a little bit of mustard. Her Majesty's at work. Maybe sing some park now or some hits from side Town. Gotta wom my voice now, So for you, this is just a good time. But for me, it's the Daily's Eye.
Speaker 1: Guys. Okay, shout out Locaroni on that one too. Locaroni did two, Got this with two A twofer for the a K's shout out for the cycle. Yep, yep, yep. All right, well, Miles, we are through it to be joined by a very funny comedian actor whose Netflix special Beer Dos Landing is apt. Now he's got four of those, by the way, we're he got him. He's wearing the four rings. Yeah, the four Netflix special Like, uh, Steph Curry, please welcome Beer Doe.
Speaker 5: What's up? Guys. Wouldn't it be great if I had like a long Hindi song about me and like nobody understood it, also known as they spent five minutes singing in Hindi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have loved it.
Speaker 3: I mean it would have piqued my interest, just like in that one bit and Landing where you talked about how the differ between American sex and how you have sex and you're like, I'm not going to translate that, and I was like, I wish I had the translation of what you were saying in that bit, but you know, I'll leave that to my imagination.
Speaker 5: Well, I can give it to you. It's basically, every time I'm done having sex, I'm like, make God bless you and to hope you come back. If you did anything wrong, please forgive me.
Speaker 3: That's basically okay, yeah, because the beginning is juxtaposing.
Speaker 1: Americans are like.
Speaker 3: Almost I'm going about to clap those cheeks, you know, speaking indeed, very.
Speaker 1: Very deferent.
Speaker 5: I've never clapped cheks, by the way, I've never clapped anybody's cheeks. This is not in my skill set.
Speaker 1: Just a golf maybe like golf clap of cheeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I always feel like apologizing, but it's good to like hear just like a really deferential like thank you, thank God, thank you every everyone, what has just happened? That that is definitely more in line with my energy. I'm gonna I'm gonna go with this isn't.
Speaker 5: A nice just lie naked next to a woman and be like, can we acknowledge that this is a blessing right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think that's that's it's a good sexual and you.
Speaker 3: And and and it was good for you, right, Okay, good, that's a blessing too, that everything's a blessing right now?
Speaker 1: Thank you? So much. No pressure, no pressure, no pressure, no pressure. All right, we are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment via. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about. We're going to talk about GOP donors being worried about that old abortion boomerang and and their plan, which seems to be pray for a distraction, pray for something terrible to happen that they can run on because this ain't it. We'll talk about the woke alerts, which is a new conservative strategy that we're seeing with this like bud light ship, but it's basically to sleeping giants the mainstream media into being right wing, like being hateful.
Speaker 3: So it's like, well timber alert, like a child abduction notice that you get on your phone, except for like this company alert.
Speaker 1: They're into equality. Oh yeah, okay, And by the way, I am not I would not be surprised to see it work, because corporations not the bravest entities in the world. You'll be surprised to learn. We're gonna talk about this policy that I was not aware of that states that when a gun is seized by the police, like for instance, the gun that was used in Monday's mass shooting in Louisville. They have to get that right back out on the streets. There's like a law that says, got to get that out there. We can't hold onto this. It's hot. It's a hot item. We gotta make sure that people have this gunback so they're already By the time you hear this, it will have already been sold at auction to a licensed dealer, with twenty percent going to the police department and the rest going to the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security. Wow, Kentucky Office of I don't know. That just did something to my imagination where I was like, Yo, what is it like in the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: I think it just be like suspicious of every brown person, every brown enters the state.
Speaker 1: Have what's this guy? Who's this guy? Who's this guy?
Speaker 5: Kentucky Homeland Guys, I'm in Kentucky next week, are you glovo.
Speaker 1: Good? I was gonna say, I don't want to be on there watch list. So we're gonna we're gonna talk about that plenty more. But first Verer we like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 5: Two things. I'm actively looking for this sort of jet lag remedies because I've been in uh in like ten cities and ten different time zones in the last fifteen days. So I'm always like up to this thing on any new jet lag remedy and the number one thing that I've found and I can't believe that I haven't tried it in so long. Remember the movie die Hard, Oh yeah, yeah, where Bruce Willis is like your toes. Yeah, So if you do that on the carpet, and now if you google jetlag remedies, that's one of the top things that comes up. So I've tried melotonein, I've tried hydration, I tried hitting the gym, and I think for the first time in my life, at age forty three, I tried the fucking carpet thing and it works. It clears your head. It's clearly like some ACU pressure ship that's going on. But you know, well done, Bruce Willis and this old ass movie Wait, so.
Speaker 3: About how like so how long is your your your bear toe gripping on carpet session to begin to feel the effects, like how many how much work you have to put into this.
Speaker 5: I did like thirty seconds or forty five seconds. But there's a you know, when you're when you're jetlag, there's just like a mental haze around you. You're not any really anywhere, you're not present, right, and it just kind of clears the haze up. Wow, and then you can decide if you like where you're at, if not, just go back into the haze.
Speaker 1: I found it useful. Have you tried drinking caffeine until you hate yourself?
Speaker 5: Because that's oh, but that's that's every day, that's any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, until you think everybody's talking about you. That's that's something that i've that's interesting. The fist with your toes has been something I think I've tried. It was that even what it was supposed to cure in Diehard, was it jet lag?
Speaker 5: I think it was. It was like get lag, and then you you're supposed to kind of cull your toes and rub them against the carpet again and again, which you know, if you're there's nothing like shitty hotel carpeting. You don't know if you're doting the coppet of the carpets doting.
Speaker 1: You when you do, and you know the movie told us what our reaction was going to be because Bruce Willis wasn't buying that ship. And then he does it, and then he goes fucking a fist with your toes. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also a movie, by the way, with the cheapest costume budget in the history of movies. I think he had no shres, had one pair of pants and a fucking vest on, like a wife pinto you call it a wife, beto, which is your only.
Speaker 3: No, we've yeah, we're as a country, we're moving, or at least we're trying to move back. We're just calling those white under tank tops than.
Speaker 1: The old w B Yeah, which, by the way, sounds like you were trying to come up with a name as you were saying it. White under tank top top. Yeah, tank top. That's just four different words combined together. But yeah, great, But then they they had to save money on budget to put it all into some of the great blood work. You know those squibs shoot like exploding in that guy's legs. That blew my mind that that was a movie I saw entirely too young and completely changed my personality. I saw that when I was eight and you wanted to be smoking a cigarette and just being real cynical about everything.
Speaker 3: Shaved in a receding hairline, a little bit like exactly like my boy John McClean.
Speaker 1: Every every girlfriend I got, I was, I thought we were on the alts. I was complaining about.
Speaker 5: It's a movie that made you want to smoke. Ironically, I don't want to promote smoking, but it's one of those where you were like because I smoked for a long time for fifteen meals. Yeah, and like I remember that movie, and there was another movie called longst Good Night. Yeah, oh yes, We're just everybody smoked in every frame of movie, and it was impossible to watch it without smoking.
Speaker 3: I just remember there's that one scene or like we're just gonna aim and spray, and like when they got to get out of that hotel and like they fuck, I'm just like.
Speaker 5: Fucking run for your life.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you told me the entire noir film genre was like funded by the tobacco industry, like board that nothing looks more beautiful than cigarette smoking in noir films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, even like The Broken Arrow, John Travolta's character smokes a cigarette in a really unique way, and that even like he liked.
Speaker 1: He put in his mouth.
Speaker 3: He yeah, and like really wrap his fingers around. And I was like, oh man, I'm smoking my grandma's cigarette butts when I get home.
Speaker 5: Like it's right, the hand closing like scientology around an innocent person. Yeah, it's just kind of slowly eightening their grip until reality is.
Speaker 1: Gone with every subsequent e reading they do. Yeah, the French inhale that I think it's is it Delroy Lindo who does the French in haal in Dead Presidents? Like that? Now that you're mentioning it, it's like smoking in movies is like some of the most influential shit of my childhood is just like seeing that and being like that's how I'm going to smoke. Oh no, that's how I'm gonna right right exactly. So it's probably good that we don't do it anymore, but a glorious time. Yeah, what is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Ice bots? I'm just gonna say it, like, because I'm in Austin right now. Every comedian doesn't need to do jiu jitsu and ice spots. It's it's not like just just write jokes that's all you need to do, right, Also, I don't know about you, but like I like my dick, and I like the size, and I have no interest in destroying it.
Speaker 1: Like we would shock it with temperature. Right there, you go can mean to it.
Speaker 5: Having said that, we have one point four billion people, so a couple of shopped Indian dicks is not such a bad idea, right, I'm just saying like shutting down a few of them. But like I tried my first ice bath last week and I was just like, no, I'm never doing this again.
Speaker 3: Did you get roped into it by some like jiu jitsu brained person who's like, you gotta try this?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: I did my first jiu jitsu thing as well. I'm learning the box from a movie, and the trainer was like, I also do jiu jitsu. Do you want to have a class? And I was like fine, And then like he lay down on top of me and like put me in like a hold, and he was like, now you have to get out, and it was it was like literally twenty seconds before I just went my god, it's fucking terrible. And then he was like okay, now you go lie down on top of me and hold me down, and uh, we'll do that, and he just flung me off like I was a fucking handkerchief, right right, And then we did a bunch of roles and I got nauseous, And I'm like, if the idea of this art film is to get your opponents scared that you're going to throw up on them, then I'm succeeding at jiu jitsu. But otherwise.
Speaker 1: It's gonna happen. They're like, Okay, you win, you win. I tack by, tack by. I feel like there's probably an evolutionary like part part of the reason we survived as long as we did, and like have this instinct to throw up when we're in danger. We being me, at least throw up ship myself.
Speaker 3: It's to gross out your attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I probably to gross out the attacker. It has to be right, It's got to be there for a reason.
Speaker 3: Or is that like your version of like when an octopus like deploys the ink.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I throw out so much that they can't see they can't see me anymore.
Speaker 5: Here's the question about the real world application of jiu jitsu as well. Like what I always see is like some guy's in a hold and he's about to choke to death or his arm is about to break and that's when he taps and he lets the guy go. And now let's say you're on the street, somebody shows up and tries to mug you, and you're bad ass jiu jitsu person and you put the muggle in a hold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the muggle is not tapping, you know, so you just have to put him to sleep.
Speaker 5: But what if you can't put him to sleep? At some point, you just got a muggle with a broken hand, who's like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they just get so bored that they walk away, like just puke on me. Okay, let's call it a day.
Speaker 5: It's it's not like an attack and exit art for me. You're humping someone into submission. That's basically what jiu jitsu is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good for fights that start while your opponent is asleep to get.
Speaker 3: The just spoon him in bed and got your real naked choke tap or you'll go back to sleep. Yeah, I mean I think the only time. Yeah, like, if you can actually subdue someone with like a chokehold is probably the only thing that look a JITs mob on online come for me us somebody who used to regularly use my homebrew jiu jitsu in high school on kids because I was still in my agro phase as a teenager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to tell that story, Miles? I think it's I mean, I know our listeners have heard it, but I feel like it's fine.
Speaker 3: I don't want to I don't need to debase myself in front of a very accomplished comedian right now about how I choked someone out because they said they walked out of Anger Management in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll move past that. I've moved past that. You do have to if you're choking someone out, putting them to sleep, you do have to say in their ear, that's the cool thing to do. I do cry.
Speaker 5: If you believe the Internet, America's become a little like pity. You know, there's guys who are like fucking at the supermarket or like in a barking lot, or just like the on an airline, like looking for a fight and now know some sort of a martial art. So I always feel a little bit like intimidated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there's definitely like that group of like, you know, men who are trying to find some kind of meaning in like this very heteronormative sense and like the easiest ways to be like I'm going to learn how.
Speaker 1: To fucking kill people, you know what I mean, like rather than communicate things.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah, that group is out there, but yeah, it's I think it's just the general, you know, degradation of society that's leading to people being a little more fighty than normal because it's not.
Speaker 1: Like big part of the population. That makes me wish that martial arts had stayed unmixed personally, we didn't mix those bitches up. But yeah, there's it seems like every there there's always a chance that whoever you're mad at has been training in an MMA gym.
Speaker 3: I mean, I remember being surprised too, like one of the first when I was like in college and I went to the UK, and I'm like, people up to scrap in the UK. But like in a different way, like Americans will get like it can get kind of fucking grim, whereas I'll see like fair one on one fights were like all right, lads, all right, now you've had enough. Now go off to the chippy because the pub just let out or whatever. But yeah, in America, it's definitely it's getting a little more intense for sure.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I mean you get into a fight in the UK and they will like colonize your country for two hundred and fifty years. Doesn't fuck around, man, you know, take your resources, all of that shit.
Speaker 3: It's a almost wet some old white ladies on your money suddenly, Like what this isn't.
Speaker 1: The drunken like soccer fan brawl or discipline of martial arts. Isn't that what like Connor McGregor was good, like, wasn't Wasn't that basically his discipline that he grained in fight? Yeah, he just was a good fist fighter. I was gonna sell thebaco.
Speaker 5: Also sounds like an Irish person who's doing a non Irish person's Irish accent? Do you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 1: Right right? Like, yeah, that would be offensive if it wasn't real. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Naps? So I found like an app called bizziz p z i z Z. I don't know the owner. It's just something I found randomly online. And it's like an app that talks you down into a nap and wakes you wait and you can choose. Yeah, so you can choose a nap anywhere between ten minutes and like ninety minutes for power napping, right, and then they have different voices and this voice just kind of goes and now go to sleep, and it keeps you if it keeps you under, and then while you're under sets school shit. It's like life's good, things will be all right, shit works out, et cetera, et cetera, and then wakes you up from your nap as well. And so like if I have a gig or something like a ten minute power nap feels as good as like, you know, five hours of sleep.
Speaker 3: Wa wait, so what is the what is like the dialogue for the wake up section? Is it like gentle It's like.
Speaker 5: It's show file Firefire. No, it's it's uh And now I want you to gently start moving your toes and come back and remember everything we talked about and life's good. And there's like a male voice and a female voice as well, and you can choose like the voice to music.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool. It's also good marketing because the name is perfect for catching people who are trying to order pizza and are just incredibly drunk. Yeah, because I guess.
Speaker 5: Favoritthing to do back when there were no cell phones. When we hated someone in college I went to college in like Gailsburg, Illinois, was just to order a pizza from every pizza joint in town to the guy we hated and just have like ten pizza guys who are at his fucking dorm room with ten pizzas Like that was.
Speaker 3: A great American pastime, Yes, one of the best. Now with the apps, you can barely do that anymore.
Speaker 1: No things we've lost. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll get into some news, and we're back. And so there's some reporting going around about like Ron DeSantis' big donors are starting to worry. They're starting to like kind of check their watch and stir about anxiously because it feels like he's the polling wasn't good when it came out, and it's getting worse because he's just like not doing anything. He's like he's doing what I do in a fistfight, which is play dead. It seems like he's just sitting there and talking about so trying to change the subject. Have you ever tried to when someone's fighting, you try to change the subjects?
Speaker 3: Fuck you up, man, when do you think the chances are of Arsenal winning a Premier League title this year?
Speaker 1: It's been a few years.
Speaker 5: Like what, by the way, you know what's going to happen with this American news, right I'm going to ask basic, ask questions as an Indian person, please, and you will feel like I feel when I meet Americans and they ask me questions about India.
Speaker 1: That's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: And I think that's really I think that's why you're a perfect guest, because you know so much of your materials about looking at the sort of the absurdities of your society, your culture, and we can't pick a more absurd one than in the United States right now and in the year of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: But I feel like you guys are hard on yourselves. Everybody's going through something or the other. But okay, So to make it basic, Ron DeSantis is the guy who's gonna maybe take Donald Trump's place.
Speaker 3: Potentially it would be the it would be the presidential candidate who could run against Joe Biden in twenty twenty four, assuming Joe Biden is also the candidate for the Democratic Party and.
Speaker 5: Still and knows that it's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, right. Oh, he doesn't know it's twenty twenty three, so that we were beyond that as a requirement. That man tinkes it's nineteen sixty seven and he's cruising in his vet. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: And this man is as charismatic as Trump.
Speaker 1: No he's he's not. So he is. We've been talking about this for a while because he's been like the great hope of the mainstream media and the people who were you know, who wanted Jed Bush or Jeb Bush before Trump, like you know, they were the people who discounted Trump, who were Republicans, like this is their hope. They're like, all right, enough with the Trump silliness. We have this other great candidate. We're going to move on. And it's just like twenty sixteen all over again, or twenty fifteen, I guess the Republican primaries where it's just like, oh wait, nobody wants to vote for this motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Right, But then that's the test that Republicans had, right, because if you're a Republican now you're really being asked the question you'll vote is it based on actual ideology or just on fandom, you know, because maybe you voted for Trump for fandom, but now if Rond de Santis comes in, like that's the actual test of how much you believe in your ideology.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but unfortunately, like it's gonna it's basically like Marvel, like the MCU. Now it's all about fandoms. There's nothing about policy. It's like, oh, this guy's kind of like Fanos almost, but like and he's gonna own the Libs with how powerful and like, you know, how regressive he is. But yeah, like with Rond DeSantis, he's really trying to differentiate himself by trying to run to the right of Donald Trump, which is what worries some of these donors because Ronda Santis has been very enthusiastic about how he's just gonna just completely knee cap abortion in Florida. The state legislature they just passed a bill that would ban abortion after six six weeks, when most people don't even know they're pregnant. And DeSantis is like, I'm signing that shit. Okay, watch this because I'm actually about overturning Roe v.
Speaker 1: Wade.
Speaker 3: Okay, And again he's trying to court this very hyper conservative audience. Going into the primary. But a lot of people who are just onlookers are just sort of saying this like abortion thing with conservatives. It is one of the most consistently losing messages in recent memory. Like it's it's been lost after loss with these candidates who like evoke their like I'm anti choice, and most people with you know, value body autonomy or like yeah, no that I'm gonna move on from that, which is.
Speaker 1: Most people like that. Most people do value the body autonomy, and that's why it's such a political loser.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't even think it's you know, sometimes when i'm when I see regressive policies just sort of worldwide. You know, something I tell myself is everybody who's upset at you is going to be dead in ten years. Whenever I'm in trouble, right right, I feel like, you know, like on your last day of work, that's when you take a shit in your boss's office and walk up, right. Of course, I feel for this generation of politicians and leaders, they've just figured this is their last day at work. Yeah yeah, you know, in the boss, except they are the boss and they're taking a ship in each of our cubicles as they go, they're not going to be around the right right.
Speaker 1: That's an important part.
Speaker 3: And like, meanwhile, too, this is kind of like Republicans across the country are really doubling down on the abortion issue with like the worst possible takes. Like last week we brought up Tim Scott, who's running for president. He evoked like he's been evoking replacement theory as a reason to end abortion, which is something we've also seen in Nebraska. We also got another really healthy helping of the racist, anti semitic trope from state Senator Steve Erdman, who looks like the kind of guy that has never spoken to a woman outside of giving a directive. But I just want to say, like, we'll just play his his fear mongering around. This is this is the problem when we give people body autonomy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we have killed two thousand babies since abortion became legal.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, he means two hundred thousand. He meant to edit that, but he's gonna keep saying two thousand because he doesn't. He doesn't even have this monologue memorized.
Speaker 2: Okay, those are two thousand people in the state of Nebraska that could be working and filling some of those positions and we have vacancies, they're not here. Instead, our state population has not grown except by those foreigners who have moved here or refugees have been placed here.
Speaker 1: Why is that.
Speaker 2: It's because we've killed two hundred thousand people. These are people we've killed.
Speaker 3: So there's that's that's phase one of that take of He was like, yeah, so you know, I hate to say it, but it's these brown people that are moving in that are replacing the little white babies that I'm talking about in Nebraska. But again, he's just he's relying on this very racist trope that we've seen from Charlottesville and many other places when you hear like they will not replace us type of shit.
Speaker 5: Is that what you think the abortion thing is driven by, is that we need to have enough of a white population going out there. Is that what you think it is?
Speaker 1: I think it's one of the things they're trying. I think, you know, like that that's one of the arguments they're testing out. I think a lot of it is about wanting to control women and not like having a patriarchal society that is like down to bodily autonomy. But it is it is something that like very wealthy industrialists like talk about in private about this idea of like are there enough babies? And are there enough white babies? And what does that mean to the racial makeup of the country?
Speaker 5: So or is there enough revenue for this big industry that is babies, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do we have enough customers in general?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But yeah, it is. It's something too.
Speaker 3: That again, what by evoking or invoking the replacement theory you the ears up of like ethno nationalists, white supremacists, and also evangelicals who are like, oh yeah, good abortion and yes, more white people. I like that too because I fear a brown America And so yeah, that's that's one take. His colleague John Lowe decided he was going to use for his rhetorical attack. He was going to read from a spooky book of ghost stories to really bring the point home about how abortion is just so very bad. Here's him again, Be careful is a very spooky ghost story he's about to tell.
Speaker 7: With a brand new baby in a womb, marrying her new baby in her womb, she approaches Elizabeth and John is in Elizabeth's womb, and the Holy Spirit is communicated in some miraculous, incredible way. From the womb of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ himself to the womb of Elizabeth, John the Baptist and John leapt And that is why abortion is clearly evil.
Speaker 1: Boom laugh track. They're laughing, yo.
Speaker 7: And that is why abortion is clearly evil.
Speaker 5: Take you to peat it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you needed another bite of that punchline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he said that is wow. I mean, see somebody behind him the camera like it's it's worth looking at because there's somebody behind him, Like I don't know if they're from the media, but they just like when they realize what he's doing, they just like face Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like when he's like, wait, hold on, what he's like texting his wife, He's like, you're not gonna leave what this fucking guy just said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would have paved somebody five thousand dollars to just scream Jesus is brown.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah exactly. Are you sure about that? Are you sure you want to make sure about that's? Want to tell no seriously? And again I mean, but hey, you hear that. Libs.
Speaker 3: Two ladies touched bellies and the one lady's ghost baby made the other baby move. So check made assholes. Abortion is evil, Like, huh, really.
Speaker 5: Think about your ideological battle in America that I find hilarious as a liberal my sure, right and somebody who's quite left it. Why would you have so much loathing for people who already have so much self loathing like this, nobody hates on themselves more than the average liberal. You know, we're just like a part of anxiety and self loading, Like we're hating ourselves enough for all of you.
Speaker 3: You don't need to do it, No, truly, it's it's I mean again, this is like, this is this is your brain on anti choice rhetoric, folks, you know the people you know, the like left to make a compelling case in some of these state houses have the charisma of an evil high school principle from an eighties movie. And I think while most people are thinking, why the fuck are they doing this when it's clear they've been losing election after election and like once were they thought they were going to change this like State Supreme Court Wisconsin, like over this issue, Like, we have to realize that people are getting right now in primary mode and they just want to make their case to the base first, even if it alienates I don't know, seventy percent of the country when they hear it. And the overall strategy, especially in Rohnda Santis's case, as this one political science professor Jack Bitney puts it, is he is betting on disaster. That is really what's going on too. Like the reason they're they're still stoking this fire is because they are hoping for some kind of terrible recession or foreign policy blunder disaster to help swing the focus off of the you know, you know, regression or the restricting of body a tanimir you know, our own reproductive rights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's do you also feel like maybe you know, you need some fire to stoke, right at the end of the day in a in a politically charged year, and maybe the problem or the development of America as you look at it, is that you're not able to stoke a religious file for whatever reason, because because you've kind of moved beyond that right and in many countries in the world, that's the basis of an election is basic religious polarization. This religion against that religion, right, and you don't get to do that anymore. So really all you have is abortion and guns, which kind of feels similar to religions right in modern America.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a fantastic point.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean the way that we do, like look at it quite literally probably worship gun culture and things like that. It is the way and the way it's evoked too. You know, like people even say that, you know, Jesus even is sanctioning weapons. I don't know if you know this in a very charitable interpretation for their own means. But again, like even when they think of like let's hope there's COVID twenty three or something that is going to completely change the conversation. I mean, you know, abortion is a fundamental right and so one that probably becomes even more important if there's economic uncertainty. Like even if praying for a recession, I think people even be more concerned with, Oh, if with my financial outlook being a certain way, it's probably even more important to me to be able to decide when I'm having a family or I don't think people are like or the idea that you know, if they have this take of like Joe Biden is gonna make America look weak to our enemies. I don't think suddenly your concerns about body autonomy go out the window. So it's a very It's just it's just this weird issue that they's they keep holding on to. But it makes more sense if you consider that. It's like I think they're just hoping another issue comes up because they don't they'd rather make an election be like, look at how bad Joe Biden messed up the economy than them having to defend here's why we believe you shouldn't have any reproductive rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I do get nervous every time the Republicans are banking on a disaster because they have a way of like, you know, the story of Nixon and Kissinger prolong the Vietnam War, Like they Nixon was running for president against Johnson's vice president. Johnson was about to like have a peace treaty, and they actively like went to Vietnam and sabotaged the peace treaty more like it's actually not gonna be a good deal. We'll get you a better deal and we're gonna win. Like is one of the most profound acts of evil that I feel like probably got a little memory hold because it didn't come out until like decades after. I think it was like the sort of shit that like people at the time were like Nixon, so evil who probably did that, but like he did do that, he did that shit, right, But like they they will sabotage, They will cause the death of tens of thousands of Americans in order to get power. So anytime the Republicans are like betting on disaster, I'm always a little bit worried, especially when it ties to the economy, which is a complex system driven by Republicans, a bunch of rich people who are Republicans that like.
Speaker 3: And they could be the arkanact of in default too, you know what I meantruction.
Speaker 5: I think also if you consider that especially elections, like I have a friend who's a politician, and he says, you know, the big mistake that people make is you think that people take a long time to make a decision about who they vote for. But if you're a politician, you understand that you have twenty seconds of a person's time. It's a twenty second decision, and that any sort of big election issue that really warrants introspection is a complex, nuanced issue. Right, So what did Biden do to the economy, etcetera, etcetera. You got to go into that. But the reason they keep repeating the greatest hits because the greatest hits represent the minimum amount of words. It's literally grammar in election community, low taxes, pro guns, pro choice. You know, they're just very easy to drive decisions. And so it's kind of disheartening to think about these gigantic issues just being boiled down to economy of woods. Yeah, for communication, for reaching people, but economy of woods gives you your father's reach. It's actually a lot more simple than we think it is, right, And it's.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, the term like thought killing cliche is also the other thing that's used. It's like just once you hear that, it'll end any kind of further thought. Once you hear a certain talking.
Speaker 5: Less immigrants, more guns, now what taxes, you just understand shit. And so you have to keep the greatest hits in their current form. So you have to keep talking about emotion, save.
Speaker 3: Babies despite Yeah, And it's like so funny too, because like even after the last election, Republicans are like, we lost, we got to do something about getting more suburban women, and we got it.
Speaker 1: We got it.
Speaker 3: Spooky ghost stories about how baby Jesus got John the Baptist to kick his mommy's tummy gave.
Speaker 1: Him a forced ghost high five through his mother's belly and they did a flip.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and that's why you shouldn't make be able to have any decision making ability over your own body.
Speaker 1: Okay, both for us. Well, we have a new segment on this show. It's called Woke Alerts because no, it's just a like some political action committee, Consumers Research is providing woke alerts to notify you when your favorite company get goes to woke. I mean it's I feel like we're seeing it with like the bud Light thing. I like that.
Speaker 3: They they said to woke alert out for Blackrock. Yeah yeah, really woke Wall Street. Yeah yeah, they always charge that woke Wall Street. But I mean this seems like, to be honest, it's easy to make fun of. It seems like a winning strategy to me because corporations are like very skittish, and you can control what a corporation thinks is happening with a mailing campaign or you know, getting twenty people to just send a bunch of angry emails to a corporate you know, like they they're not they they're not like they don't have morals. They all they have is like they're doing their best to see what they think is making people happy, and everyone is afraid of being fired and line go up. If mine go up, then we're good. Make sure the line goes up, though, please.
Speaker 1: It's Consumer's Research is basically a lobbying firm under the guise of a consumer watchdog. It's funded by dark money. They recently made the news for their effort to prevent Wall Street from factor and climate change into investment decisions. And it's they're just like launching a huge campaign to anything environmental social progress. They're going to be there to claim that it is woke, but like some of the stuff seems like confusing, Like it seems like they're like they freaked out when the American airlines like reduced leg room on flights, which I guess that's woke they're they're claiming.
Speaker 5: I mean, do they even define what woke is?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, And again, anyone define what.
Speaker 1: Isn't nobody can. There's an author who just published a book about like how woke brain disease is killing our children and went on a TV show and they were like, so just define woke for us, because this is confusing to talk about this without having a clear definition, and she had no clue. She was just like the bad Well, see what you just you just wrote a book about it.
Speaker 3: It's the old Actually, let me find that clip because it's it's pretty fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Would you mind defining well, because it's come up a couple of times and I just want to make sure we're on the same page.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, woke is sort of the idea that this is going to be one of those moments that goes viral. I mean, well is something that's very hard to define, and we've spent it in entire chapter defining it. It is sort of the understanding that we need to retotal, totally re imagine and reduce society in order to create hierarchies of oppression. Sorry, it's hard to explain in a fifteen seconds sound bite.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Just again a thought killing cliche hold for them too.
Speaker 1: Oh, woke bad?
Speaker 3: That's bad, American airlines woke bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that a better answer. Oh yeah, welk is bad.
Speaker 5: Is it really an election stance like anti woke? Because I remember seeing a couple of candidates that you guys had with like I'm going to get rid of the woke, etcetera. And yeah, like, Okay, I went to college in Gilsburg, Illinois, and so this is this is America, America, right, It's not New York America. It's not. And every bit of American pop culture I've ever seen tends to ship on the Gailsburg, Illinois in the middle of the countries, you know, as if they're ignorant or but these are just very hard working, very decent people want to be their build and watch The Bachelor and go to bed at night, right, and and and I think if even if they were Republican, you went up to them and you're like, I'm anti woke, they'd be like, what the fuck are you talking about? You know, get the fuck off my phone, or get the fuck out of my cafeteria, you know. So is it really?
Speaker 1: I think what it's done? Is it?
Speaker 3: From my perspective, they have perfectly encapsulated the feeling of like white hegemony or like cis head hegemony, and the creeping influence of people that want more inclusive language, that want more more inclusive society, and so those things because to them, they're saying Oh, I gotta feel bad because now I got to use people's pronouns. People have preferred pronouns.
Speaker 1: That's woke.
Speaker 3: Oh I have to now I can't. I like, I'm We're supposed to teach of like a good faith interpretation of American history to kids so they understand this, that's woke. So anything that upsets that balance or suddenly puts these people in a position they're like, oh, I got to feel bad about this, or I have to change the way I've been interacting with other people. That's how they just sort of deploy that word as a sort of the discomfort around any kind of progress that's occurring. And I guess it's become basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not even what you define this progress, it's it's rewiring. Anything that requires rewired, Yes, would be easily determined as being allegedly buke.
Speaker 1: Let's leg room on an American Airlines flight. That's rewiring, my posture. But I think you're making a really good point that they by being the ones who focus on woke like, they are the ones who keep bringing this ship up over and over again. And we saw it in the last midterm elections that like people, you know, they're the ones who are talking about you know, trans people and like top surgery and you know, all all these different things that people who live in Illinois, like where you went to college, might not care that much about. But they are like that becomes their talking point and like they own it and they're the ones who are like talking about it. And I feel like it's also a losing political strategy, but it's one that gets a lot of attention, and so they they're able to kind of profit off of it.
Speaker 5: I think it tracks because you have such a large liberal media that picks it up as well, right on both sides at tracks. But but I do think like, Okay, I had host parents, and my host parents, one of them was a cafeteria lady and one of them was a truckle, right, And I mean, to them, the fact that I was an Indian tespion was as alien as the fact that you know that somebody was woke, et cetera, et cetera. But I eventually say, if you went up to either of those people and you were like, oh my god, you got to use people's pronouns now, you know, et cetera, they'd be like, I'll call you a bottle of apple sauce if you want me to call you that shit if my taxes go down, you know, or if my life is made easier. And to take sort of their narrative and make it about these things is almost to disregard their real narrative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, because I mean on this level, they've the GOP especially has completely abandoned any kind of policy. There's nothing Everything they evoke has nothing to do with substantive policy. It's about these culture war grievances because they feel that I think they saw that that's energizing people more so in like a rallies type situation where people are coming out and they've seen like school like these school board meetings go up with a lot of people like I don't want my kids knowing about like slavery in this country or whatever. And I think they're very short sightedly being like, okay, that bottle that While in the meantime, to your point, the very real situation of living in the United States is also a force that acts on everyone, and they're everybody is having to face inflation or unaffordable housing, or wage stagnation and limited options for medical care. But because all of their things aren't really going to the heart of correcting those things. It's much easier just go straight to oh my god, remember when you used to be able to just say, like, just use slurs against gay people in public, and it wasn't you didn't get canceled and like that. To them, it feels like, Okay, that's a better place to just operate from because we're not going to have a substantive policy debate right now because we've completely just normalized this sort of like culture war grievance thing as being the way we talk about politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both sides are focused on distracting people from the core thing that they actually care about, which is like their material well being. And you know, both sides would rather not have corporations economic health matter more than their physical health. But that is the world that both sides actually want to keep in place, and so they generate a bunch of noise to distract people. Hopefully that is their goal.
Speaker 5: But I also think that it's a very interesting time for your country. And I say this respectfully, but you know, I think America is getting used to the fact that what used to be one seat at the table is now many seats at the table, you know, at least the global table. It's a different world we live in right now. Everybody's voice is equally amplified. But like I remember going to college in America in nineteen ninety nine, right in two thousand and two thousand and one, so just spit on nine to eleven. I feel like it didn't really matter who the president was at that moment in time in America, or at least it mattered less because you were so far ahead of the global pack, you know, and there wasn't this big culture conversation, and everybody's voices weren't amplified. Your system had been so set that it really mattered very little who the president was, and whether you were Republican or Democrat. You were gonna be okay no matter who the president was. And I feel like that's somehow changed now and now it really matters ideologically who the president is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think part of that too is just we've gone from I think there's gradual and a gradual increase in people actually trying to understand civics in this country now because I think a lot for the longest time, it didn't matter, and like the boom years of the nineties for many people, but there are plenty communities that began to stagnate, and those were sort of like niche things that you would have to be really tapped into, like American culture, to really care about. And now is like, I think the degradation of like our infrastructure and all these things are becoming more widespread and felt people are beginning to understand more. It's like, oh wait, what are these policies again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Right, before it used to be like, yeah, you care about babies, but abortion was never under threat, but then now it is, and suddenly it's like, well, hold on now, like that that actually fucking matters to me.
Speaker 1: And so I think it's.
Speaker 3: Part and parcel of just how how difficult life is becoming for people, and also having to inform yourself of like you can't just be passive. But along what goes alongside of that is you have all these media apparatuses that are just there to get your attention and maybe say like, yeah, I know it could be about this, but let's talk about this other issue rather than you know, do we live in a corporatetocracy with that are run by a bunch of plutocrats? And is that something we need to be concerned about. It's easier to say the Republicans won't do anything about guns, and you know, the Republicans just go the Democrats are woke when I think all people would rather say I would like to make more money at my job, I would like to afford a house. I don't want to go into crippling debt because I want an education. Yeah, Like, take take those points and make those real for me. Everything else is just to avoid the real reconciliation or the real reckoning that has to occur in this country, because that's I think one of our greatest strengths as a culture is their ability to avoid a reckoning with a lot of the shit that's been going on and just kind of paper over the cracks until I don't know, it becomes completely untenable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, I really think your election comes down to like a twenty minute debate. Like it's very entertaining, but it really it will. That's the American election. It's that twenty minute debate. I think you you win and lose in that debate. It's it's really it's it's like watching gladiators. It really is watching collection.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and that's the difference between potentially another global military conflict is because one guy made fun of one old white guy made fun of the other old white guy on a stage, and people are like, yeah, all right, that's it. He owned him, own owned him. Oh then poned. Wait what I'm being conscripted?
Speaker 1: And who knows if there's even anybody still making up their mind at this point, who's still making up their mind about Donald Trump and Joe Biden? Like what is it even twenty minutes? Like what would it take for anybody to feel like, Wait, Donald Trump is running for president?
Speaker 3: This guy, all right, whereas let me see where he's at on the issues and then I'll get back to you.
Speaker 8: Right, all right, Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 1: And I do just want to talk about and vere get your kind of perspective on guns, because we talk a lot about it, the fact that the presence of guns, the fact that gun sales shot through the roof, that that pun was unintended, but there are probably plenty of guns inadvertently shooting through the roof because so many there are so many new gun owners in the United States now, because the gun industry is very successful at turning the anxiety that we were just talking about into sales. And so there's a news story that came out at the end last week that after the mass shooting that happened on Monday in Kentucky, the actual gun used in that mass shooting was sold at auction to a licensed dealer. And this is the like that that's the system in many US states, Like many US states have a law that says the police can't keep guns, like once they confiscate a gun, they have to get it back on the street. Washington State where police are allowed to decide whether or not to sell guns, that have sold dozens of AR fifteens, AK forty sevens and other assault weapons, and like said, some of these weapons are then like used to shoot police, Like so that this is actually the rare conservative policy, like gun policy where the police are actually like, we would prefer that this wasn't the case because these guns keep shooting our officers after we put them back out there. But the gun lobby and everything makes it so that like you just can't.
Speaker 3: Well, they made it. They made it in Kategy. It's just a law that you can't destroy it, you know what I mean? That's it's just because it's the law that you can't destroy it, because like you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't destroy the gun, you gotta sell it. It's like burning a bible, you know, like it is a religious thing. You can't destroy a gun. That's the most sacred thing in the United States.
Speaker 3: Check the drawer of the nightstand in your hotel room.
Speaker 1: Is there a gun. There's a place there by the gideons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think. I mean, and again speaking from an outsider's perspective and speaking from a largely very non violent country. Historically, even our our independence movement was was non violent, you know. So I think it's pure economics. I think that, you know, weapons of mass destruction always come with like contracts of mass production, and people forget that, you know. And I think the greatest con narratively that has ever been pulled by the gun industry is that to preserve guns is somehow a preservation of American voice, or a preservation of American culture, or a preservation of American values. And that's actually not the case. Because if if a preservation of guns is a preservation of American values, then from the same timing, a present of segregation is also a preservation of American values and a preservation of other things. So if you're not preserving those things, you don't have to preserve guns either. If you can evolve from segregation, you can evolve from guns. But this narrative that they've put in, which is to preserve guns is to preserve America, is just gigantically reinforced. Oh yeah, and I don't think it changes unless the average American doesn't feel like a gun makes them American. That's what it needs to change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like because on one side you have people that are so just scared around that, like they're like, I just need a gun because I don't know what could happen, what could happen in my neighborhood. And then you do have those people like it's my right to own this anti aircraft gun because of the Second Amendment, which is part of our Constitution. I know some libs will call it a spooky post it note signed by racists from two hundred and fifty years whatever years ago, but that's our right. And yet to your point, it's like it's the Constitution is one of the biggest things that people will evoke in terms of like the rhetoric of it is like, because that's our document and we can't just tear that up, even though we've had to amend it a few times, right, and yeah, it's it's become a very intoxicating argument and to the point where like we're only seeing the absurdity of it become more and more in our face. Now when you have governors say like, my friend was shot in that mass shooting and then say nothing about gun control after, and then.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, that's hands in pockets right at the end of the day. But I do think from a complete outsider's perspective, it's not the gun that makes you American. It's what happens after the gun that makes you American. That's why people come to your country.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: The fact that you can dial nine one one and a couple will be then thirty seconds, and that you will drive to the hospital on a road that is perfectly paved and perfectly late at night and walk into a hospital with state of the art technology and be able to be treated. That's the appeal. You know, it's not the guns.
Speaker 1: The promise. That's the promise.
Speaker 5: The ownership of the gun. People are coming across that, Oh, fuck in case I have a run into a gun, America will take care of me. That's why people come to you, if they come to you, you know. So I'd love to see the reinforcement of that narrative, and I just don't see.
Speaker 3: It well and again because if you think about it right to the point of like mass production, it's easier to be like, well, that keeps an industry going if we're suddenly like folks, people come to us because if we have this robust infrastructure or these other things, that would also begin a lot of conversation of how we've not reinvested in our own country, like we're like cruising off of like you know, post World War two investment for like many decades now, especially when you look at like public schools and things like that, where you'd hope to be like, man, like, we need to reinvest in a lot of these things, but because some of those would probably create a need for like more like you know, tax revenue and things like that just becomes a like a like a hot button issue because then we have to start talking about like our progressive tax systems, and it's easier just to be talking about the thing that will make people money unfortunately, and yeah, like it it. It really is something that I think a lot of Americans have lost sight of, is sort of people always say like, this is the best fucking country, but they're not. They're looking at it from their version of like I got Wi Fi and four K TV, this is the best country and like the world versus to your point, how a lot of other like the situation in other places. Why other people may believe that it's this is a nicer place to live, although you know that it is an intoxicating advertisement we have and one that people end up realizing is a little bit different when they arrive. But overall, you know, you do see, like you understand why there's a little bit more stability here than other places, although it's you know, rooted in some darker things at times.
Speaker 5: Well I don't know why guns into your school system. And you know, I have two friends who are American and have an eight year old and a twelve year old, and they happen to go to college to school in India, you know, And so all I can speak from is from personal experience. Our school system is so hard that our collegiate system set us free, you know what I mean? It's almost like we were brought up to say, we have to work so hard in school so we can feel all the things we want to feel in college. And I'm not saying that's a great system, but I'm saying, how can you realter your school system so it keeps kids busier and it keeps their minds more occupied, so they don't turn on each other with these narratives. I think that's also a conversation to be had, you know, about your school system.
Speaker 3: Like culturally in India, is education seen as a thing that is like could be a runaway train, like ideologically, because that's sort of the like attitude. There's a lot of hostility towards public education in the United States, where you see people like I don't want my kid to learn that, I don't want my kid to know Rosa Parks was black, and like these other things where you're seeing too that there's this it's like we're incentivizing like the breakdown of public education too. And I think that's another thing that like we're having to fight against where you know, teachers are already like they're fleeing the industry because there's a lack of support, a lack of proper pay, and we're making it as as an uninviting a place for people who would like want to teach people to exist, like to work and things like that.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I think for us, you know, but we're very young country. You have to keep that in mind. You know, we got independence in nineteen forty seven, right, and so for us education is a privilege, right and simply a privilege because it was kept away from us for so long. You know, for two hundred and fifty years, we weren't allowed to be educated by the British so that we wouldn't prosper. So right now, my god, your kid is going to school, Your kid is going to college. That's the first privilege that you have, right, that's the first sign of privilege, apart from meals on the table, et cetera, et cetera. Is education, you know. So I don't even think we're at the point where we're like, what kind of right narrative et cetera. Said Fuck, we're learning this is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been inverted you know here like it's not no one. So many people are beginning to look at it with hostility and the rhetoric, especially with like a lot of conservatives is like this hostility towards academia and that like that's where indoctrination happens or whatever. And they've made that a very like like a compelling talking point for their base to be able to look at that and not see that this is something that causes upward mobility or something that you know, black and brown people see as a privilege too. That's why many people want to go to college. But but again, the status quo is such that we're you know, we like right now we're having to fight this whole campaign of like school choice, which is really just a way to say we need to.
Speaker 1: Destroy the public school system.
Speaker 3: And and so like, yeah, we're we have like some people understand the value of education and that it is absolutely a privilege or you know, something worth just like being able to teach our kids like the most basic things about like our history or math or reading, while others, like you know, see it as a slippery slope into being woke, right or that they're like I'm going to teach my kid at home or something like that, or I don't want my kids with other kids that are different than them. So it's just a it's we just have, like there's just so much chaos going on in like people's ability to even see something as education is like a right for everyone and isn't something that needs to be turned into like a a rhetorical barb.
Speaker 5: And that's why you have a twenty minute debate and it sorts everything out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and we're good here. Yeah. Well, Vier, it's been such a pleasure having you on the daily. Where can people find you? Follow you, see you all that good stuff.
Speaker 5: You can find me on vivdas dot I n I don't have dot com yet because some boss stood bought it and he faulted on one payment when I was twenty eight years old. So it's Vida's I. I'm going to be touring America throughout May in June, so you can find my My city's there, and you can catch me on Netflix. The specials called Vida's Landing, so check it out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice. Is there a city that you haven't been to that you're particularly excited to see in the US.
Speaker 5: I'm building a set right now, so I'm kind of doing you know, smaller rooms and so I'm going to like Prayer, California and Salt Lake City in Houston, and a bunch of other places you know to be.
Speaker 1: From Atlantic City you've got coming up? I guess that was yesterday as of Oh no, sorry, that's my May thirteenth, Atlantic City. An interesting experiment. Yeah yeah, And is there a tweet or work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: Good lord, or local media that I've been enjoying. I just follow an account called the Dodo on in it's like dog rescue video video stuff, and I like everything that they do. I love a good dog rescue video. I'm the guy who will skip to the part where the dog is rescued that I'll catch one glimpse of the dog when it's sad, not be able to watch the rest, and just skip ahead until the dog is happy and fluffy and healthy again. But watch the Dodo there you go on Instagram. I love all this stuff.
Speaker 3: I always get. I always get for whatever. And the ones that hit the hardest for me are the ones where you see like a sheep whose wool has become like just.
Speaker 5: So mad and they have to shave it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're like this this this, like this sheep was blind, they couldn't even see.
Speaker 1: And then you see them.
Speaker 3: Like working all the Woolen stuff off.
Speaker 1: And them like, oh, bless the blessed plus that issue. Yeah, that's you, all right, Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. Find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got Mad Bosties. Yeah, you know, we're talking about the NBA playoffs. And then you can find me on my own the show A four to twenty day Fiance where I talk about just absolute trash reality shows because that's the way I escape from reality by going into that other reality.
Speaker 1: Is there a tea a tweet? I like, let's see.
Speaker 3: I just want to keep the pressure and just keep talking about Harlan Crowe and you know Thomas or Clarence Thomas and I didn't realize. We talked about how Harlan Crowe bought his mom's house. She still lives in that house that he bought and renovated.
Speaker 1: So what's the big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's basically like here's money and then you can live in it for free or I don't know. I don't know what their agreement is, but I'm surely that doesn't curry favor with the Supreme Court Justice uh at Will or Will Stancil at w H. Stancill tweeted, I feel like people are losing perspective. A billionaire subsidized millions in luxury travel for a Supreme Court justice, then bought the justice's parents' house and let them stay in it while he paid for it short of envelopes of money. How much more crooked could you get? Yeah, so we'll see, we'll see how its.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A tweet I've been enjoying is Josiah Johnson King Josiah on Twitter. Fixed the NBA for me, fixed the draft for me. He said they should do Somebody said, what's one thing you change about the NBA playoffs? And he said, they should do NBA way offs and have the bottom four teams play for the number one pick same week as the play in games. That would be incredible, so amazing. Yeah, that would be so what a great idea, King Josiah, make him the king of the NBA. Literally. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes. We make off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Myles, what song do you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Just, you know, just some more beats, some head nod stuff for you, because I was I recommended a lot of beats last week.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep that going.
Speaker 3: This one is from the artist six to two s I X t o O, and it's called box Cutter Emporium Part three, and it's just got it's it's just a it's got a really nice like electric piano sample and just good chopped up drums and a kind little little droning baseline.
Speaker 1: So yeah, enjoy it. Box Cutter Emporium Part three by six two. All right, well, the Daily Zeit gets a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye,