Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne de God Peace stood up, playing it is Monday, Yes, back to the work week. Good morning, what's happening? And we gotta shout out our family at.
Speaker 3: B E T. We are on b E T. Good morning, b et v.
Speaker 1: H one, Good morning. Today's our first day of bt v H one. But nothing changes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: They was asking me. People was asking do I want powder? You know they don't want a wardrobe.
Speaker 3: I said, what about?
Speaker 1: Never sniffed no powder? Okay, I've smoked it in a blunt with some weed, but never sniffed it. And I did it on accident. I didn't know that it was in that. Okay, Happy Monday, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend? What'd you do this weekend? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Which is my favorite thing to do. My daughter had a cheerleading competition on Sunday.
Speaker 3: It was over.
Speaker 1: It is, but it was like a little local competition to get them ready for like what is the super Bowl of cheerleading in In a couple of weeks so that was local. But other than that, I did absolutely positively nothing, which is my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son logan, he had to track me, which I posted on my on my grabm if you want to check it out.
Speaker 3: He gets busy.
Speaker 2: He's pretty fast and then so you don't have a boy. But baseball at this age, when they're about eight, seven, eight nine years old is the worst ever.
Speaker 3: The games is just mad long. Baseball is a boring assport.
Speaker 1: I've been told y'all that the baseball was much better when everybody was on steroid.
Speaker 2: The kids don't be hitting, they be walking, all the kids, so it's just it'd be a long game and in the fields just had nothing but mosquitos biting you up and just be long. So I was out there long for the whole weekend, watching my son dressing along like that.
Speaker 3: Because it felt like a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, it felt like a long time. We was supposed to have a co host this morning. I think we're still going to have a co host, but I mean, the last the text I just got said, hey, bro, my stomach is so messed up, like not even playing on the toilet with the emoji of the woman covering her face. So so I replied, what was wrong with your butt? So we'll see when you're up in the ladder, in your butt stuffed the bladder.
Speaker 3: Diarrhea, diarrhea?
Speaker 1: Do you still get diarrhea at forty something years old? Yes, I'd be feeling like, you know, you get to a certain age where your bowels are just loose, and it's not even necessarily diarrhea. It's it's like loose booty when you get to a certain age. But that's just me. I was born in the nineteen hundreds. Those of us born in the ninete hundreds, understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, all right, Well let's get the show cracking front page news. Teslim figure will be joining us. There's a lot of shootings over the weekend. Man, it's too many shootings now.
Speaker 1: And this is, by the way, this is why I hate when politicians hate things like this is not who we are. This is exactly who we are. This is American culture. Stop saying is American as apple pie? Start saying is American? Is gun violence?
Speaker 3: Now? We don't want to say that it's the truth, though, it is.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll kick it with Teslim Figaro when we come back, and of course get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open. Good morning, it's the Breakfast clubts go owning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's TJ Envy, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Teslam's figure out.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Breakfast club family, Charlemagne and DJ Envy.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend?
Speaker 5: Pretty good? Shout out to y'all were mentioning.
Speaker 4: Charlemagne mentioned cheers, So I want to give a shout out to Cameron, my daughter's cheer coach.
Speaker 5: She made the fam you cheerleing squad.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, a ball for that. Yep, that's dope. That's dope. Well, let's get into some front page news.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: NBA seventy six is beat the Nets one twenty one one one. Celtics beat the Hawks, My next beat the Cavaliers, The Kings beat the Warriors, Lakers beat the Grizzlies, they heat beat the Bucks, and the Clippers beat the Sun.
Speaker 1: Crazy Nick novel and and Kyrie Irvin was on the next The show was your next show?
Speaker 3: It in Brooklyn Nets game. It was always Nicks. I was always at the next game. What are you talking about? He was at those next games too. I haven't been to the next game. I have never seen Kevin Durant play person is amazing.
Speaker 2: That's not I don't know what the big I don't know what boyfriend Cavaliers.
Speaker 3: No, he took you. He took you. You was his date.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's a bigger lie, your beard or the tail you tell about.
Speaker 2: Being a Knicks I'm always a NICKX fan. Okay, well, tas what else we talking about? Where do you want to start?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll start with the NRA.
Speaker 4: You know again, Like you guys mentioned so much gun violence this weekend, happening more and more. But first I want to send some love, healing energy, and demand justice for sixteen year old Ralph Yarrel in Kansas City. Many of you probably saw this on social media. He was the kid that was going to pick up his two younger siblings from an unfamiliar address.
Speaker 5: He was shot in the head and then shot.
Speaker 4: Again when he was on the ground by a white man who answered the door when he rang the wrong doorbell. Now, as of this morning, the homeowner has not been identified. Hopefully we'll get some more information on that throughout the day, but as right now, he has not been identified. He was taken into custody and placed under a twenty four hour hold and then he was released pending further investigation.
Speaker 3: So confused why he wasn't arrested.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they said that in order to get more information from the victim, in order to get more forensic data, they cannot hold him. And so folks are out protesting and demanding that you know, he'd be arrested, which as he should, and I would like to know the identity of the man as.
Speaker 1: Well, Yeah, because the reality is it's innocent into proven guilty. But clearly you know some type of crime was committed, right, because that's not standing your ground. You can't shoot somebody through the door.
Speaker 3: But what you mean identity?
Speaker 5: His name?
Speaker 4: You don't want to know, like yeah, like who he is, and like it would be if it was us, you know, if it was us, they were.
Speaker 5: Definitely no names, pictures, mugs, shot you know everywhere.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go ahead and reveal who that is so that the Internet can do their own digging on his background.
Speaker 5: You know, they do a better job than first.
Speaker 3: Forty eight and he shot him. He shot him twice, right, yes.
Speaker 5: Yep, shot him once and then when he was on the ground, shot him again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's definitely not stand your ground.
Speaker 5: Well, he's probably gonna say stand your ground because it was at his house. He knocked on the door.
Speaker 1: But doesn't the person I thought the person had to like injuring your house, is something beat some type of threat.
Speaker 5: Well, it depends what person, the white person or the black person.
Speaker 3: That is very true.
Speaker 5: So it really just depends.
Speaker 4: So we're going to see, you know, because re'n betrayed by Martin wasn't a threat either. So again, it just all depends on what what justice system that we're looking at. But while more gun violence was happening in America this weekend, including four dead and twenty eight injured, we're going to talk a little bit more about that in the next hour. But Republicans and the current potential twenty twenty four presidential candidates doubled down on gun politics this weekend at the National Rifle Association meeting, rejecting the idea that more gun restrictions would curb bloodshed. They cited scripture issued prayers, they applauded law enforcement and demanded tighter security in schools. Donald Trump insisted that this is not a gun problem. The only way to stop these wicked acts is to ensure that any SIKO who would shoot up a school knows that within seconds, not minutes, they would face certain death. It also nodded the party's focus on crime, saying that the issue is not too many guns, but too many thugs, hulums, and savage criminals on our street now. At the same time, Trump said he would investigate whether hormone treatments and genetically engineered cannabis leads to violence. Meanwhile, at the same time, Vice President Harris spoke about nonviolence at the National Action Network convention. Take a listen to what Trump said at the NRA and what Vice President Harris said at the National Action Network convention, and we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 7: Upon my inauguration, I will direct the FDA to co convene and it's so it's going to happen quickly to convene an independent outside panel to investigate whether transgender hormone treatments and ideology increase the risk of extreme depression, aggression, and even violence.
Speaker 3: I think most of us already.
Speaker 6: Know the answer, don't we.
Speaker 8: Furthermore, we have to look at whether common psychiatric drug as well as genetically engineered cannabis and other narcotics are causing psychotic breaks.
Speaker 9: While the NRA is holding its convention in Indiana, now you know.
Speaker 10: What they've called it.
Speaker 9: They have called it a quote freedom filled weekend. So we must ask freedom filled for who exactly? Because it's not for the parents who pray that their children will come home from school safe from a classroom in Uvalde or Nashville.
Speaker 5: Not for those who pray that their.
Speaker 9: Loved ones will come home safe from a bank in Louisville, Kentucky, from a grocery store in Buffalo, or from everyday gun violence in communities across our nation.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, as long as these politicians benefit from NRA money, you won't see any changes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Like I always tell y'all, just look up these senators who benefit from NRA money, and you'll see that the NRA spent a lot of money to benefit, you know, the political campaigns of these senators who directly oppose gun safety legislation, and they will always refuse the support Commison's gun reform because the NRI is in their pocket.
Speaker 3: Simple in plane.
Speaker 2: All right, my lad is front page news now test we'll see in a little bit. Absolutely all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, call us up right now. Maybe had a great weekend and you want to spress some positivity, or maybe it wasn't too great, whatever it may be. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Ray right, Ray, Yo, Charla, Mae, Jasey, what up are we lying? This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it.
Speaker 12: Is we lie.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 11: It's Tiana.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tiana, get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: Yo, Envy, I'm calling because we have a little beef over the pandemic. Trying to squash it with you.
Speaker 3: You gotta beef. What were we beefing over?
Speaker 11: Mama?
Speaker 13: So over the pandemic?
Speaker 11: Your wife was really infatuated with Ray Dunn.
Speaker 3: Ray done? Yes, I remember what is Ray done?
Speaker 11: I'm the girl who got her pancakes.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, you got her pancakes.
Speaker 2: So Ray Done is This is this company that sells like cute mugs.
Speaker 3: They sell like cute stuff for your pantry.
Speaker 2: To hold, whether it's rice, whether it's pancakes, whether it's whatever it may be. And my wife was into it, but during the pandemic was very hard to get because most of the store is sold out. So I had these ray Dunnans that used to buy my wife gifts and I would have beef with them because they would buy stuff with my wife and it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: I still know what Ray Done is. I'll just tell you what it was. He said, He's like a secret shappo.
Speaker 2: No, man, it's it's like a company that like makes like mugs and storage stuff for your pantry and stuff like that rice in it. You make stuff like that. It's a little cute things like that. I think they sell it that. What do they sell it that, Mama?
Speaker 4: They sell it at TJ max Home Good.
Speaker 3: It's not expensive.
Speaker 1: I'm not because our alleged guest co host was texting me and I thought she said she was at McDonald's on the toilet and That's when I just was like, whoa.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no beef with you.
Speaker 11: I love you all right, Dad, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: And you have you have a great morning, Mama, you too. Hello is this yo?
Speaker 14: This is Eggy Strange?
Speaker 15: You like your breakfast?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I was going, Man, I'm just out here in North Carolina, repped in Robeson County, and I'm just out here complaining about this North Carolina weather man. One day it's hot and cold. One day we got tornadoes.
Speaker 16: Next day we got sun, next day.
Speaker 15: We got snowstorms. Kind of like our state representatives out here, Tricia Coffin. I want to call her out for switching sides. Also, our political.
Speaker 3: Playing field Carolina had snow.
Speaker 15: Like two weeks ago. Bro jus, Yeah, I'm gonna change.
Speaker 16: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Have a good one though. Hello.
Speaker 17: Who's this yo?
Speaker 3: This from Jersey? Rashad from Jersey with whatever getting off your chest?
Speaker 18: Hey man, we have to tell our drivers, all our people. I know everybody ain't gonna listen. You gotta stop cutting these tracktor trailers off. I'm one, I'm a driver and I'm over the road. So when when I come home, we gotta you gotta stop cutting these tracktor trailers off, man, because some of these guys not stopping.
Speaker 1: Man, you no, no, no, no, I say that's the other way around. These tracking trailers need to stop cutting people off track. The trailers be driving like their car.
Speaker 3: They bullied.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that this morning when I was on the way in the world.
Speaker 18: Hey, yo, you can't drive like like the car because if you weigh forty thousand pounds, I don't have the acceleration like a car. I gotta stay on my lane. I can't punch out, yo, I can't punch.
Speaker 3: Out like man. I'm seeing you don't somebody you don't.
Speaker 11: Want to be.
Speaker 18: You don't want to be, Okay, so you don't want to be. I'm not gonna say me, you don't want to be behind the driver?
Speaker 16: What you wanna do?
Speaker 18: You wanna try to go around her right? Well, then you're gonna get in front of him like a car. He can't stop like that, he can't stop.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: But listen, man, some of these people need to go back and do they see THEO test over because some of these trucks be trying to be trying to make a last minute turns and be trying to get over at the last minute.
Speaker 3: You're not a glar Andy don't want to let people in some times.
Speaker 18: Hey listen, man, when you driving in Jersey and New York, right, these dudes don't know how to drive.
Speaker 19: In Jersey and New York.
Speaker 18: That's why they hate coming to the Northeast. So if I'm from the Northeast, I might know how to drive like that. So if you got a guy that's from Mississippi, you don't know how to drive in New York, or in Jersey or in PA. So when he make that last minute turns, they don't even care. But what I see a lot is drivers cut tractor trailers off. And listen, these guys now, they not stopping. They just had one that Mississippi almost went over bridge trying not to hit a car.
Speaker 17: I'm one of them.
Speaker 18: I'm one of them. I'm not I'm not going off the road. I'm not I'm not killing myself trying not to hit the car that cut me off.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm just but I think we all need to we all need to watch out for each other on the road because I'll be seeing them track the trailers. Them truck drivers be driving like they got han Days brou Hey.
Speaker 18: Hey listen man, I'm one of them, man. I mean I'm with you on all of that. A lot of these drivers ain't safe.
Speaker 17: They don't care.
Speaker 18: They're rather they'll rather try to be on time to deliver a load. And they don't care nothing about me, you, your wife or your kids. They gonna try they'll run you over, man. So we just gotta be carving that. Hey, envy man, I want to shout out envy.
Speaker 17: Hey yo, man.
Speaker 18: I seen you man when you was in ac at the car show.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 18: Hey man, I'm telling you, man, we had a blast and I stopped.
Speaker 3: And shook your hand.
Speaker 18: I want you to know that African dude that you stopped to talk to. I give a lot of respect to you, man, because you didn't have a lot of security and you was walking around with just your homies.
Speaker 11: But that was a warlord from.
Speaker 18: Congo, and that dude love you. And Charlotte made the God and he recognized you. You might not remember this, but he stopped you, shook his hand and he took a picture with you. But he just love you, man, And that's my god.
Speaker 3: That's who it is in Africa.
Speaker 18: Man, all right, So hate man thank God for having me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 15: Enjoy y'all day.
Speaker 2: You're in your truck, brother Hall right now, there you go. Be saved out there, brother, and shot home. Shout it to anybody that comes out to my car shows my next one. Of course, we're doing it for in memory of Young Dolph in Memphis. That's May twenty eighth, and we bring the whole city out. Like I said, it's a family fun day. We just like to look at the cars. They let the kids play and whether it's parents, kids fiving under a free And that's May twenty eighth in Memphis. We're doing it for Young Dolph. We're gonna have Young Dolph's whole fleet. We're gonna have the Young Dolph Museum. So if you haven't got your tickets, I can't wait to see you in Memphis, May twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Is your time to get it off your chest? Eight hundred five five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Hello, Who's this is Jacob?
Speaker 3: Jacob getting off your chest?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm tired of parents in the balls not whipping kids disasters because you got a lot of kids out here that thing they could get away forsh and posting stuff on social media, and not minors hearing their.
Speaker 13: Social media stuff like that.
Speaker 3: What happened to you? A student threatened you or did something he bro.
Speaker 16: It ain't nobody threatened me. I'm just you know, I'm just tired of the nonsense on how parents can't discipline their kids.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if if it's a matter. They can't discipline their kids. They just don't know everything that their kid is doing. You know how, back in the day, our parents didn't know everything that we was into.
Speaker 3: Now is even worse because you know your kid might be on.
Speaker 1: TikTok, Instagram, you know, Twitter, Facebook, all of these different apps your kid is on there.
Speaker 2: As a parent, you should follow them because as a parent, I follow my kids on on social media acci drem.
Speaker 16: Instead of them getting thirty, they should be reading some books.
Speaker 1: I agree, you don't know all of your kids burning accounts though your kids got all kind of you.
Speaker 16: Don't know my kids account the bill.
Speaker 1: You think you know all your kids burn that accounts? You don't know all you kids burned accounts on social media?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think I got that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I got my kids burning accounts. So thank you brother. Hello, who's this is Mark?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 17: Good morning, Mark?
Speaker 3: What's up? Get off your chest?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was just calling about the NRA stuff. The last thing that's done is like the upstanding business sends will turn their guns in and the criminals might know. Now there's no guns on the streets, so it's kind of free for all for the criminals if they know no one has any guns.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Why don't you believe because the criminals don't know who got guns now, the criminals don't care. If a criminal got a gun, a criminal gonna try his hand regardless a criminal. You think a criminal is thinking about, Okay, I'm run up on this dude right now and put the gun on them.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 2: I think in certain areas, yeah, I think if if you're a criminal and you run up in somebody, let's say in Texas, nine times out of ten, the person you run up is gonna have a firearm. Absolutely, if you're in New York, nine times out of tend the person is not going to have a firearm because firearms are usually illegal and you get three years for a legal handgun, So you're less likely to have a firearm in New York than in Texas.
Speaker 1: But think about all the times you've seen people run up in stores and not know that that person had something behind the counter, and now the criminal is like, WHOA, I didn't know, they don't care.
Speaker 2: But it's usually places in Florida's usy places like Texas, the usual places like Georgia. It ain't places like you know where guns are.
Speaker 3: Illegal like that. I don't think a person can.
Speaker 1: I think a person that's committed and they have the intention of committing the crime with a firearm, they're gonna do it regardless and take their chance.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 13: What I'm saying is like in the Screenwood situation here in Indiana, a mall shooter got stopped because somebody's carrying a firearms. If that guy didn't have one, that.
Speaker 14: Could have been a lot worse. I'm with you, Oh no, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm with I'm listening, I'm two aay all day. And I do believe that in those situations is always good when somebody can stop it. But that's a prime example, right that mall shooter came in there. He didn't know who was packing and who others. He just wanted to shoot up the just so happened somebody was in there with a gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that that was my biggest thing with New York City and living in New York that the criminals, of course had guns, but a legal citizen you could not even have a legal firearm. They wouldn't allow you to. Now that they open it up a little more, it's still very difficult to get your your firearm. But that was my biggest thing because you know, you're working around you, driving you going to work, You're trying to do what's right, and the criminal don't care. They know you can't have a gun because if you get caught with a gun, you got three years. So it makes it difficult for legal citizens to carry a legal firearm.
Speaker 3: But get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got to tell you about oh j he had some words for hope.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about the next in the room, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club owning everybody a CEJ n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Let's talk ojot of name or you've gossip been or you chatting.
Speaker 3: It's the room of report.
Speaker 10: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 3: Spells, right on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 3: O J.
Speaker 2: Simpson was out in his car and somebody ran up on him with a camera and asked him how he felt about jay Z's line where jay Z says I'm not black, I'm old j okay, And this was his reply, what.
Speaker 22: Did you think about that line when jay Z said I'm not black, I'm old Jack.
Speaker 3: Well first of white then said, right when Johnny was talking to me about it, and all he was going on is black black black, I said, man, man, black, this is me. This is about ol J.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it wasn't about It wasn't about black and white.
Speaker 3: It was it was about these guys were after me.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the same damn thing, oh Jay. That was That was Jay's whole point with the song. Do we have a piece of that story?
Speaker 3: OJ like, I'm not black, I'm o Jay okay? House, don't smoke with me.
Speaker 1: I'm a feeling Shane cut thee go Jay.
Speaker 3: What Jay said is actually soften than what OJ said. Correct o.
Speaker 1: J straight up said at being black, it ain't about being black, you know, it's about me. I'm OJ right, That's yeah, that's what the centiment of the song was. Sir, did I use that word correctly?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't say cinnamon, That's what the sentiment of the song was, A cinnamon. No, I did not after cinnamon. He said, you know what the hell I meant? Okay, just like OJ know what the hell jay Z meant?
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Also, a couple of weeks ago, meet Mill posted that he was trying to sell his Atlanta home. He said his real estate agent, he felt, wasn't doing a good enough job, so he wanted to post it on his Instagram and the house was sold.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know who bought the house? Yes? I heard the story.
Speaker 2: Rick Ross purchased the house. But meet Mil didn't know Rick Ross actually purchased the house. It was a surprise to him. He had no idea that Rick Ross was buying his house. Rick Ross paid four point two million in cash for the Buckhead a state. They said meek Mill shared on that he didn't even know that Rick Ross was the new owner. Does it matter, No, Yeah, I'm sure he just wanted the household. But that's I think that's kind of weird. They were just in the studio a couple of weeks ago doing records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Ross would have probably told him like, yeah, I'm gona buy your crib.
Speaker 2: You know, I think it would be a lot better. He would have got it a lot cheaper if he would have went, you know, direct to meek Mill, because you wouldn't have real estate agent.
Speaker 1: But that's that's even better that you know, Oh oh yeah, nomuse no commission.
Speaker 2: If I direct, it's no commission. That's like, you know, you buy my house. I buy a house and we don't even know until the deal is that that's.
Speaker 1: The short story is true? Yes, because I saw the headline. Does anybody confirmed that as Mika. Rick Ross confirmed this story.
Speaker 2: Well, TMZ reported it and then he reported after that I sold that house quick. It was for sale like two years. I knew it would be gone as soon as I posted it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's strange, that's very strange.
Speaker 2: Now we got a report on Jamie Fox. Now, we all know that Jamie Fox was rushed to the hospital a couple of days ago. People didn't know why. They said that it was a mysterious medical complication. But they saying he's doing much better. They say it was serious enough to rush him to the hospital, but they said he's talking, he's speaking, and he's joking. Now, So we definitely wish Jamie Fox the best, and that's.
Speaker 1: Good sending healing energy to Jamie Fox. Man driving the clues bombs for the goat Jamie Fox, and you know the beauty of that. I hope all of that is true. I hope he is laughing. I hope he is talking. I hope he is joking, and I hope he can see all of the love that people who have been given him, you know what I mean, Because one of the things that I hate is when people pass away and then all of a sudden, you know, people talk about how you're the gold and you're the most talented of all time, and how much they love you and how much you've done for people, But the person that's gone doesn't get to see that, you know, So in situations like this, uh, you know, I hope he wakes up, and I hope he's up and he's get to see all the love he's been receiving.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And lastly, E forty was ejected from the Sacramento Kings game. Now you know he's a huge Warriors fan. The Warriors is playing the Sacramento Kings at the Sacramento Kings home and he was thrown out the game. Now, he was thrown at the game for arguing with another fan, and he said it was racial bias.
Speaker 1: He said the fan said something to him disrespectful and he got back.
Speaker 3: He was heckled the whole night.
Speaker 2: He said he said nothing until the fan said something racial, and he said he said something back, and he was ejected.
Speaker 3: So now the league is looking into.
Speaker 2: Exactly what happened to see if it was right to put him out or throw him out together. I don't think you should throw no fans out for trash talking. I think you should treat it the same way you treat a players.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If it gets a little bit crazy, then you might give him a warning and let him know, like yo, y'all keep this up, we're gonna have to eject y'all. But if it's just trash talking, the same way the players are trash talking on the court, they should be allowed to do that because it's racial.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 1: No, he said it was racial because he was a black man and there was a white woman. Ain't like the white woman said, hey, n word, you know what I'm saying. He just said it was He felt it was racial because he's a black man and there was a white woman. I just feel like you should allow, you know, fans, let them talk crazy to each other, as long as it doesn't get you know, too hectic where somebody wants to fight, or they're throwing beer or throwing that that's true to drink. You give them warning, you know, if you see things getting too out of hand, and do you know, if it gets to a place of physicality and you talked about but if it's just trash talk, man, let them people talk.
Speaker 2: And now he said he addressed a heckler in an assertive but polite manner.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, So no, I don't think he get thrown off.
Speaker 1: He probably said, he said, you know what's my favorite word? Yeah, that's probably what he said. That's about what he said. Yeah, yeah, he said yeah, all right. If I didn't even get to the word, you just say, hey, watch yourself. You know what's my favorite word? Okay, gonna make me say it like short?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is your room or report. Now when we come back, we got front page news. Testling figure O will be joining us. We got to talk more mass shootings. I'm tired of talking about it. It seems like this continues each and every week and I'm just stopping.
Speaker 1: It doesn't slow down. I'm tired of talking about it because it's just a bunch of problems. We're discussing no solutions. Yes, we know that we're not going to ever get to no solutions because most of these senators are in the NRA's pockets.
Speaker 2: Right and for everybody out there listening and watching, Jess Hilarius was supposed to be our guest host this morning, but.
Speaker 3: She got diarrhea. Let's call it what it is, bro. But she's sick.
Speaker 1: You know, she got diarrheal. You don't want us to say that, but she she got the bubble gut.
Speaker 3: She's sick.
Speaker 1: She's right across the street afraid to come sit in this studio because you don't want to be running, you know, back and forth.
Speaker 3: She's sick.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if I ever had Diarrya at work. I don't remember. I have, just like that, and you shot it on yourself. I definitely shout it on my MB of that, and then you threw your underwear in the trash can.
Speaker 3: I sure did.
Speaker 1: And from that day on, they've been thinking of some weird stuff going on. Front Page News is next dope move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Introducing the game, a new single from the Locks, Rick Ross and Fat Joe. This track is more than just a tribute for hoops culture, It's a lifestyle. Find out more at DraftKings dot com. Slash the Game available now on all major streaming platforms.
Speaker 3: Owning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlemagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now it's signed for some Front Page News, Good morning tests and figure out.
Speaker 4: Good morning, DJ MBS, Charlemagne and the Breakfast Club family.
Speaker 2: Yo y, Let's start off with some sports real fast. The seventy six is beat the Nets, the Celtics beat the Hawks. My next beat the Cavaliz, the Kings beat the Warriors, Lakers beat the Grizzlies, the Heat beat the Bucks, Clippers beat the Suns. Now, I don't know if you've seen John Moran got hurt. I don't know how bad his injury is. He was actually trying to dunk on somebody and landed on his wrists.
Speaker 3: So people got hurt yesterday.
Speaker 1: John Moran got hurt yesterday, Janni's got hurt yesterday, Greek Freek got hurt, Tyler Herro got hurt yesterday.
Speaker 3: He had a broke hand. Yeah, so we'll see how that plays out in these playoffs. I think the Lakers going that area. Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: I thought they were going to series even though with y'all in there, but I think they definitely going win the series.
Speaker 3: The jobs out there now they look good. All right, what else we got? Take what you want to start?
Speaker 4: Well, we will start once again covering a mass shooting. Now, while the NRA convention was going on this weekend, we talked about that last hour guys, so make sure you go back and hit the rewind and listen to the NRA convention story. But while that was going on, four people were killed in twenty eight were injured, a high school football player this weekend and a sweet sixteen birthday party in Daveville, Alabama. Now authorities say that the shooting started around ten thirty on Saturday, but declined to answer any questions or providing any details.
Speaker 5: On who the suspect is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Biden has called the rising gun violence in the US outrageous and unacceptable, which we've heard him say that many times before.
Speaker 5: He also urged Congress to pass laws we.
Speaker 4: Heard him say that before as well, to try to do something to curb the violence. Now, this brings the total mass shooting now one hundred and sixty three so far in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: And like we mentioned again last hour, sixteen year.
Speaker 4: Old Ralph Yarl who was also shot and injured in Kansas City when he went to the wrong door.
Speaker 5: So this is just back to back, and it's.
Speaker 4: Just to the point guys that now we're even trying to figure out, like how do we prioritize what story to cover because they're all they just seem to all be mass shootings, you know, back to back, and trying to get that information out there to the folks has been a challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just like politicians, what can we say that hasn't already been said? All Right, nothing is going to change mass shootings, gun violence is the American way, and as long as these politicians benefit from NRA money, nothing is going to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this one's a sad one because this town seen a mass shooting I think like six seven years ago in that same town. But what's really bothering me is it seems like they don't really have any leads. Like they haven't said a description, they haven't said he said why. The only thing that they said was they believe somebody attended the party with some fire arms.
Speaker 3: They told them to leave, and all of a sudden, it was just shooting.
Speaker 2: So it just seems like they don't have much information and they're begging the people out there if you heard anything, if you've seen anything, please report to the police.
Speaker 3: Win in Alabama, that's one in Alabama.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and just the anxiety with it along.
Speaker 4: I'm planning my daughter's sweet sixteen party in June, and just reading this, I was like, wow, Like even at the sweet sixteen party, I know you guys probably feel the same way being parents. This constant anxiety, you know, that's just back to back to back. My niece a couple of weeks ago at Oh You, she was on campus when they had that gun scare.
Speaker 3: There was a.
Speaker 4: Shooting, didn't I didn't get a chance to cover because we were covering other mass shootings. But it's just the constant, you know, warrying about your children and worrying about it. They're going to make it home, And it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I feel like that any time I'm somewhere where it's a large group of people, like even being at my daughter's you know, cheerleading tournament yesterday. Like I still was one police officer there, you know, he had like a glock on him. But I'm sitting there thinking, damn, what if somebody comes in here in one of those weapons and master descriptions? What did that one officer go and do? But then I started thinking to myself, who else in here is carrying you know, justin pate it would be willing to start firing if something shot, something went off like that.
Speaker 3: My mind shouldn't even be on.
Speaker 2: That, right, but it is right right right, And tell me, I still want to tell you what your daughter too. I don't know if this is even an option because because I was nervous about it, I gave my daughter a choice to say that she could go somewhere that she wants to go, like a vacation to create a memory or sweete and my daughter decided she'd rather create that memory. So that that saved me so much, because I didn't want to do a Sweet Sixteenyeve. But like you said, having all these kids from different high school that you really don't.
Speaker 3: Know, it's kind of like it was giving me anxiety as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then I shouldn't have to be, you know, robbed of that, you know what I'm saying, Like, I really want her to have the Sweet sixteen, the Daddy Daughter dance, you know, the whole little Now there are people that we're just we're doing a private formal party. But still just the fact that I even have to think about that, you know what I'm saying that that just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And my sister, who's a teacher, she's like a sister me. She has my best friend.
Speaker 4: Every day that she goes to the classroom, she has to figure out an exit plan.
Speaker 5: You know what happens. Do I run here, do I go there?
Speaker 4: I mean, they can't even focus on teaching because of this mass shooting stuff, anxiety is extra high.
Speaker 1: You got a factor in mass shootings, like you factoring.
Speaker 3: What the weather is gonna be.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, like mass shootings is the always could potentially be part of the forecast crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Tesz. I know we had a lot to get to, but we'll see you tomorrow and listen.
Speaker 1: Make sure you subscribe to the straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network hosted by Teslin's Figure Out and Teslin will be with us this Saturday in Atlanta at Pullman Yards for the first ever Black Effect Podcast Festival. As a Friday, we only had two hundred tickets left, so we might be sold out. I'm not sure, but just in case we're not, go to event bright dot com or Black Effect dot com for more information and snatch up those last little bit of tickets and we'll see you on Saturday in Atlanta at Pullman Yards at the first step of Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: Alright, well, thank you test again and we'll see you tomorrow. Now when we come back at the Derek Luke will be joining us.
Speaker 3: And don't move we gonna kick it with Derek Louke. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club on everybody, It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, Derek Louke. Welcome you. It's good.
Speaker 6: How you feeling, blessed man, blessed man.
Speaker 3: Good to meet you.
Speaker 1: When you walked in, just you talking, I was like, man, I feel like Puffy just walked in.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry. Put me button neked in the jungle. That's what up? Do you hate that? No?
Speaker 23: Man?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 6: I Yo?
Speaker 24: Actually I respect I respect Puff. I wanted to actually, just after digging a little bit, I wanted to.
Speaker 6: Play his story.
Speaker 24: But I realized like it was because I felt like that was the element that was missing from the neighborhood.
Speaker 6: And I felt like Puff had.
Speaker 24: This entrepreneurial vision vibe that maybe the studios wasn't trying to lift that story. But I felt like, you know, the man that can, you know, bring in three to four hundred million dollars. I felt like our generation need ton't know more about that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So, but I love playing.
Speaker 2: Puff Now for people that don't know, we're talking about, of course, the movie Notorious. So how was since since we're starting there, how was doing that movie? How did you get cast? To break that down for people that don't know, The way I.
Speaker 24: Got cast was, I was I was in the city doing something prass and my publicis at the time, I guess she was friends with Puff, but one of Puff's guards since word that they wanted to holler and I was like, word, okay.
Speaker 3: And you're from Jersey, so you you pretty much grew up with all your life.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah? Yeah, So you know, I was in l A.
Speaker 24: I was on rodeo and I heard somebody calling me one of my characters name. Somebody like yelled out the car and they called me Booby from Friday Night Lights. And I looked and it was Puff and I was like mad, shocked and we were talking still nothing, and.
Speaker 3: I get a call, say, Booty, uh wild boy, now.
Speaker 24: Want to be That's That's where I'm at, right where he was at?
Speaker 6: Oh man, So long story short, I get a call.
Speaker 24: I had just I got a call and it was like, yo, we're doing Notorious, Like nah, they ain't.
Speaker 6: That ain't really for me?
Speaker 24: I was like, let somebody else rock that and then do it at first, just too much heat, too much culture pressure, not enough time to get into the character, and because they was ready to go like right there, and I was like, nah, nah, it's okay, and.
Speaker 3: You too, Puff, Now I'm not doing that a past yeah, but because.
Speaker 6: It was like it was really in on the other east. You know what I mean, what is Puff say? Because Puff don't take no you know what he was, he was kind of he was kind of gracious.
Speaker 24: He was like yo, he was like, you know, all right, well you know, maybe maybe not this one make you know, but you know, maybe we'll connect on another one.
Speaker 6: And somehow, I don't know.
Speaker 24: It was a third call, second call, and he called and I was like, you know what I mean. My wife was like, well maybe this is a sign. Maybe this is a divine sign. And so we was like I think we pray supposed to do this, and we went forward.
Speaker 1: I know, you hear to promote you know, the crossover for Disney. Plus y'all been watching you for so many years. So I'm really a fan. My favorite Derek Gluke movie. The movie introduced me to Derek Loloup was Antoine Fisher. Antoine Fisher was so powerful for me at the time because you know, I got touched on by my a woman in my family, you know what I'm saying when I was like eight years old, right, And I never had seen that portrayed in a film in that way. That a hard role to play, And is it a hard role for you to watch and revisit?
Speaker 24: Nah, it's for some reason, man, Antoine was probably my easiest role. Maybe it was because Denzel was there. Uh, maybe because I had lived such a life of experience and I don't know, it's it's it's real easy. I think it's the role that I tried to push away from because I'm like, well, what do I do now?
Speaker 6: You know, like what's what's what's my legacy?
Speaker 24: And a lot of bios started coming and I'm like, man, that's uh, you know, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: Because I came to La to do Slapstick.
Speaker 24: I came, yeah, yeah, I have a show like Martin.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't come to do I wasn't interested in movies.
Speaker 24: I just wanted the TV show, make one hundred thousand dollars and just rock, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And you know that wasn't what God had for me.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, I mean most comedias are great at drama though work. Yeah, think about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, they had a dual, dual levels. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: You don't got to answer this because it might be too personal. But I just always wondered how much did you have? How much experience did you have with that role? Because I like, when I saw that, I'm like God, that is, I know that feeling that he's going through and I didn't seen nobody even present that on camera and tell that movie. And then Tyler Perry when he was on Oprah talking about a woman in his family touch.
Speaker 6: I had personal experience with it. I don't.
Speaker 24: I don't know that I connected triggers and traumas from my experience to Antoine. I think part of the emotions I came out was more of a cry that I had to God about who I was, what my purpose was, because I you know, I'm looking at Sydney, I'm looking at Denzel, and I wanted to be my generation what they was to theirs, and I wasn't sure how you do that. I didn't have the stage training, I didn't have all that, and I felt like one of the things that I realized and like you hear the hip hop, like we have a lot of commonality, like no father's present, and a lot of that for me came out from like not having a you know, father, not having a guardian. So it was yeah, yeah, I do have a personal experience, but I felt like it was coming from like a deeper soul searching place to find my place in the world in acting.
Speaker 1: And it was based on a true story, and that's that's what I love it so much because it's like, man, the world be so hard on black men. People might just looked at that character Antoine. He was a character, real person, but Antoinea's being violent, yeah, and temperamental for no reason. But whole backstory how a person becomes like that.
Speaker 6: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 24: Because I met this producer after I did it and he said something to me interesting and he was like, Yo, you know, I really respect how Denzel directed that and directed you. He says, because if I directed that, I would have probably made you, try to make you a little more passive.
Speaker 6: And I was like, well, he was like yeah.
Speaker 24: He was like, you know, I saw it and I felt like he was the character was you know, strong, and I.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't have I wouldn't have had that take.
Speaker 24: And and he was like, I learned a lot from from that. And so when you were saying about black men and you know, in the world and what we deal with, that triggered that conversation I had with this producer.
Speaker 1: I was like, that film is slept on because I do. I feel like that's that's like upper echelon filmmaker, and I think we should hold that film in higher regard.
Speaker 24: I think it's if anything, it was an early film that helped us, you know, dive deep into what I heards are you know, and well creatively, I you know, it was my first joint.
Speaker 6: I had so much more to learn.
Speaker 1: So, you know, is it hard to watch because you might just feel like you wasn't good in the.
Speaker 3: Movie, wasn't great?
Speaker 24: But no, I just you know, I let I kind of let people make their own decision, and you know, I keep hearing like, you know, Denzel, like I think I asked him before, I.
Speaker 6: Was like, yo, it was your favorite movie was like the next.
Speaker 24: So I took that mentality on, like forget that, you know, let me, let me try to figure out what's next for me.
Speaker 3: We got more with Derek Luke.
Speaker 2: When we come back do move, It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Owning. Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Was still kicking it with actor Derek Luke.
Speaker 3: I was working with Denzel amazing man.
Speaker 1: It's like that because I mean, I was your first film and he is he was Denzel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and he had just won for Training Day and nervous.
Speaker 24: He remind me like of my uncles, and he never like he never had that. He never like created a space where where I'm miss Washington. Because when I first walked into the audition, he was like, yo, I'm Denzel, and I was like I kind of like made the smirk, like yo, I know. He was like, well, you know, not everybody watched movies. I was like, dang, he's like he's mad, he's down to earth. But but Denzel, to me, he's like the you know, like the Phil Jackson behind the camera man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of Phil Jackson, you play a father coach in the Crossover.
Speaker 3: Right Crossovers, the movie that you got you're up here for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what is what track?
Speaker 3: You do? That role?
Speaker 6: The family Unit?
Speaker 24: I think you know, since I was a kid, I was always like sentimental. I always like admired the family, and I didn't think that there was enough family represented on screen.
Speaker 6: And I thought it was a great opport.
Speaker 24: Tunity because I always was looking for a mentor, you know, or I was a mentee, chasing a mentor to be in the role of a mentor, uh, you know, and influencing your mentees. I just thought, be interesting, you know, to take that on.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with the book?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 24: And that's what excited me too, because there was a you know that that book is credited with like two million kids reading it at Newbery Winner and one of the you know, like plugs of the book is that kids who normally didn't read is you know, started reading. And I grew up like a lot of us in the inner city, and like until my last year, you know, I would hear people talk about, you know, a high school. I went to more diverse school. They were like, yo, you know, I read this book this weekend. I'm like, you read a whole book in the week.
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 6: And I thought, like, how many kids I was left back in the hood. I was like, Yo, there was no prerequisite.
Speaker 24: There was no culture of like reading, and I'm like, man, that's that's the difference.
Speaker 6: That's where we're at. But but no, I don't. I don't remember that.
Speaker 24: So I kind of felt like, you know, the crossover be a good I kind of felt like, you know, the crossover be a good sports family.
Speaker 6: I thought it was like a good antidote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how hands on was lebron with this?
Speaker 6: Well, his two producers was on set. He wasn't on set.
Speaker 24: It was just the fact of his legacy and what his name meant to the project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you ever play sports? You got hands Oh no slapping? No, no, man.
Speaker 24: I came more athletic as I started getting into acting. My mom didn't want us to play. My brother got tackled. My older brother got tackled and he was teenager. Dude broke both his hips. So my mom was like, no sports.
Speaker 3: You didn't read, you didn't play sports.
Speaker 24: Hey man, it was you know that classic mom is my house. He was required to go to church and you know, just yeah and watching videos, you know, watching watching videos after work. Didn't want to go to the club because you know, Heineken costs like six dollars and I'm only making like one fifty from Yeah.
Speaker 6: From Jersey Jersey City.
Speaker 24: So you know, I went to the club. You know, I'm holding the Heineken, trying to keep it warm, I mean, trying to keep it cool. So you know, the sugs don't go out. And I'm like, man, wait, I had to get six dollars to get here. For gays, I had to put this, this whole joint on layaway. I'm like, nah, this ain't for me. Man, I'm going to Peppermint Lounge, get me some food, rent a movie.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Now, you still got an audition for parts, so you don't audition.
Speaker 24: Anymore when it's when it's parts where maybe it's something that I didn't show, or a part where you about on to another level.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, somebody just sent me something with the Narrow.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 6: I was just like, nah, it ain't for me.
Speaker 3: Damn. Some people see the name and be like, oh the Narrow, I gotta do this.
Speaker 24: Yeah No, but I'm not the I think I'm at the part like in my career where I let other people drive, and for a long time, peoples to say, you know, it's all about pedigree, pedigree, But I would do pedigree and it but it wouldn't really gel with men actress. Well, pedigree is just like who you who you in the scene with, or who's your cast? A lot of times, like I thought it was artistic, but it wasn't culturally relevant, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So that's that's where I'm at now. I want to do both.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, is there any part that you decided not to do that? It was like, damn, I should have did that. Later a part that just blew up. He was like, Damn, I missed that one.
Speaker 24: I mean, there's a couple, but I I think the more nah, because I because that other actor that nah, because that other actor did man, you know, he did a great job.
Speaker 6: But I knew coming it just.
Speaker 3: Wasn't for you. And it is exactly what movie was that just wasn't for you that took off. It was like damn.
Speaker 24: Terrence Howard used to always say, and I know Terrence, but Terrence used to like sometimes talk about Antoine Fisher and a lot of people's passionate about that that joint, Well, what's the joint he did?
Speaker 6: The pimp joint?
Speaker 3: Now are you supposed to be no?
Speaker 6: Because you know, you get set these scripts early.
Speaker 24: I'm like, nah, gee, that ain't like I'm not even interested. He was not even I'm not even interested. It ain't nothing about that. And with Terrence, Terrence's body that, you know what I mean, he bothered it.
Speaker 1: So you're supposed to do hustling flow. No, I couldn't see nobody else doing hustling flow, but Terrence.
Speaker 6: I can't you.
Speaker 3: You can't say, Mike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. And so it's that it's that respect.
Speaker 24: Like you know, I heard a couple of dudes like yo, man, like I wanted to do Antoine.
Speaker 6: I just don't say nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, that was your I'm like you, I'm like.
Speaker 6: I get it. But hustle and flow, man, that's not that, ain't me.
Speaker 1: You know one more thing, I know, you got an independent film coming out called Rare Object with Katie Holmes. What do you enjoy more than indie films or big black, busted stuff like the crossover?
Speaker 24: I mean, I like I like Rare Objects because I mean I like both, but indie films you got that freedom. And then you know, with Katie, she's an actor and she creates this you know environment that you can like that you can.
Speaker 3: Fly and y'all work together a few times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 24: It's not the typical studio projects that come at you, you know what I mean. Like, so, yeah, that's dope about the independent space.
Speaker 1: Or you got to come back up here and bill with us a little bit more when run doing the press.
Speaker 24: Thing, and I gotta say, it's dope. This is my first time here. But I love the way people react when they say the breakfast club. What you mean, it's almost like publicists here and before I like sometimes you're in a retainer with your publicist and you know, coming on, we were discussing like mass cultural and you know, and sort of business markets. And what's interesting is that so many people talk about child in this regard. And I love the fact that, like talent has to come through here, it has to come through your gift. And when people come through here, it's almost like a crowning on them. You know what I'm saying, thank you. So I just I just want to you know what I'm saying, like you got y'all, y'all have that respect, you know what, And it's black and it's black, and so I just.
Speaker 3: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I want you to come back this weeket dig into your career a little more.
Speaker 3: It's actually off.
Speaker 1: Aull because we ran a little over on it. It's all good at the interview. But thank you, man, I appreciate definitely, thank you. Good luck with every day. Thank you, bro, sir, And make sure you check out the crossover Disney Plus starring Derek Luke.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's Derek Luke Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: This Monday shouldn't be so eventful. Yeah, okay, they're supposed to be just the regular Monday. I just like to start my week with ease. That's right, all right, but it is easy.
Speaker 3: It ain't hard.
Speaker 1: No, it's our first day on bt N v H one. That's right, right, our guest co host. We was supposed to be just hilarious. Yeah, and uh she's across the street.
Speaker 3: But she ate somewhere last night. Man.
Speaker 1: She had said she had some seafood that upset her tummy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, she couldn't stay off the tullet. We've all been there before, though.
Speaker 1: You was you that happened to you? You had diarrhea up here one day.
Speaker 2: I don't let diarrhea stop me for nothing. If I got a week. Just show me the closest bathroom is.
Speaker 1: I told her we had the private bathroom for it, but she said she didn't want to look on.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, let's just you should just call her, call her, Let's call her. Let's call Jesse if she is Jessica, Robin Moore, what you're doing?
Speaker 11: Come on, chill out?
Speaker 3: What you're doing, Joe? What happened when you really? How you feeling?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're there.
Speaker 1: Everybody just was supposed to be our guest host didn't make it, so we decided to call them. Yes, Jessica told us this morning that you know, she texted me. She said, Hey, bro, I'm on the toilet, butt loose, stomach really messed up.
Speaker 11: Yo, it's the seafood that's messing with the seafood in Jersey. I'm not ever doing it again.
Speaker 3: How are you from Maryland but you can't handle seafood? You from Baltimore?
Speaker 11: Another? Please? It's not good.
Speaker 2: So is this the first time you had a bad reaction to seafood and butts loose like that?
Speaker 11: When, Yo, my butt's not lose? What is going on?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 3: Why are you sit in the studio.
Speaker 11: Because I don't want to start, What do you.
Speaker 1: Mean We've already told people that something is up with your stomach. They gonna understand Why would you do that?
Speaker 11: Why would you lie and said something else?
Speaker 1: Why for what you right across the street? We got everything on your right, everything you ask for too.
Speaker 11: That's right, yep, it's b E t AVH one stay there waiting.
Speaker 1: E t n v H one right here waiting on you and you across the street on the toilet.
Speaker 11: You know this is embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Why is it embarrassing you on the air?
Speaker 11: You won't call me all these listeners, Joe.
Speaker 2: So all right, So you got a little brown juices running down your leg right now. But is this the only time you've ever missed something because of diarrhea?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, so you had the diarrhea problem before?
Speaker 11: Yeah, just once before.
Speaker 1: So do you have in any of your contracts that you know, like because of weather? You know, inclement weather, inclement booty dude, you know what I mean? Diarrhea or something like that.
Speaker 11: No, I don't never know what it's going to happen. But one day I had to be on set and I had to go. I was on the Real bad Man and I just I couldn't fail.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, Well, we don't make this a topic. Also, to Joe, it's.
Speaker 11: Not even about yo, it's not even about me being on a toilet. It's about the discomfort to my stomach on camera. I cannot be looking like my stomach when.
Speaker 3: You make wild faces all the time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Jess, people are not gonna know the difference, and people will feel your pain because they'll be looking at you like, oh, I didn't been.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can't believe y'all told everybody we gonna make this a topic.
Speaker 3: Though. I think we should make this a topic.
Speaker 1: I want everybody to bring Jess Hilarius some pepto bismo this Saturday, because you know, Jess is gonna be hosting the Black Effect Podcast Festival, which I as a Friday. It was only two hundred tickets left, so it might be so loud now. But bring her some peptal to the Pullman Yard.
Speaker 3: In Atlanta on on Saturday. If you want a picture with Jess, bring us some pepto bismo. I like that.
Speaker 11: Shut up, Sure you get your tickets April twenty second, y'all make sure now.
Speaker 3: I think we should make this a topic.
Speaker 2: Next hour eight hundred and five A five one oh five to one. Have you ever missed something because of diarrhea because of a loose booty? Have you ever missed a job, a date, a game, or whatever it may be because you had a little loose booty and you had a little diarrhea coming out. I think we should do that next hour.
Speaker 1: I agree, we'll get off my phoney.
Speaker 11: I can't deal with.
Speaker 1: I hope you got enough toilet tissue. I do, I do, and I hope you. I hope your hotel ain't got nobody either.
Speaker 11: They don't. Good good Cannon, Nick Cannon. Put me in bottle hotels.
Speaker 3: And bye, Jesse, bye.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got your room report. We got to talk about Pete Davidson. Now he says he doesn't understand the hype about his penisize.
Speaker 3: Charlo Ma, what they got to do with me? We'll talk. You got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it when we talk, as it does because I was talking to him. We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, morning everybody. It's d J n V.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the roomors. Let's talk weezy f baby, or you've gossip been chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 10: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This were the tea spells right.
Speaker 3: On the Breakfast Club. Now, Lil Wayne was in New York over the weekend.
Speaker 2: He was actually performing at the Apollo Theater in Manhattan in Harlem, I should say, And of course he's in Harlem, so it was only right for him to bring out Cameron to do touch it or not?
Speaker 3: You're gonna suck it or not? Mother mother to another sucker.
Speaker 1: They want to rock my mind, Like.
Speaker 3: Why can't you say suck it or not? The clean verses touching or out? I said, yeah, but he can say suck it.
Speaker 2: That's one person I would love to see in the Breakfast Club that we've never interviewed Little Wayne.
Speaker 3: He ain't messing with you. You think fifty can beat him in the verses? Now, one time he did say he was in the camp piit, But that was before you said fifty could beat him in an verses. He knows what he knows. Fifty is my guy.
Speaker 1: By the way, I saw a lot of people last night, a low key don't think I ain'stee you post on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it now, because you was at that Lil Wayne show.
Speaker 2: Last Nobody nobody's ever said Wayne doesn't have the catalog or the heads or the records.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I just said that in.
Speaker 2: The verses, you have to pick the right twenty joints and it has to match with the other twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, you're gonna suck it or not.
Speaker 2: Man, all right. Now, Cameron is also being sued. Now, this is the weirdest thing for me. I've never understood this. I probably will never get it. He is being sued of a picture of himself. So he had a picture of him So if you know that infamous picture where he's wearing the pink fur.
Speaker 1: Legend hat legendary, It's what made everybody want to wear the pink first while Little Nax put the pink fur on with the phone for Halloween. It's why Drake had the pink fur on at the Apollo Show earlier this.
Speaker 2: Year exactly well, he was selling it allegedly on merch and now a photographer that took the picture is accusing him of profiting off of his image.
Speaker 1: Yes, somebody has to explain that to me. That happened to me before too. You know, you use a picture that you see online to yourself, you know, and somebody else took any of then that photographer hits you up for money. I don't understand the logic. If it's me, I'll never understand it because it's your image, it's your photo, it's you, it's you. Am I not my own intellectual property, right.
Speaker 3: But so they can use the picture of you, but you can't use the picture of you.
Speaker 1: And technically, if they're asking you for permission to take the picture of you, that doesn't mean that they own the picture, right, It shouldn't mean that, right.
Speaker 2: And if a photographer takes a picture, does he get permission or does he just take the picture? There's never you never sign off. You never say take the picture, know, I mean you just take the picture. Because it's different when it's like a photo shoot. Correct, that makes sense if it's a photo shoot.
Speaker 1: But that picture of Cam with the phone that just looked like something somebody took when he was out and about I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Well he is being sued for that, so, uh, they're going through the uh, I guess because he profited off of it, And I guess the photographer once is in and you.
Speaker 3: A sucker too.
Speaker 1: You a sucker if you're a photographer and you know you just take a random picture of somebody and doing that picture, that person uses it later you sue him. Well once again, if it's a photo shoot, I understand, I get it right. But if it's just a random ountaing about picture, you are sucker to be a suing because you know you ain't had to take the picture of that person.
Speaker 2: Now, Pete Davison addresses his big d rumors now he revealed that d chautful.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I don't know. Wow, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why you had to tell something got caught in your throat.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You sound like schoolby dude swallowing something.
Speaker 3: Do we have audio Charlamagne talking to me about this? What were the other names y'all talked through?
Speaker 6: The worst? Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh, nothing citing around your penis since everybody else, bunch of Peter.
Speaker 21: I don't understand. It's really not that special. It's just very normal sized penis. It's like, you know, not too big or too small. It's just like you know. Yeah, I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: It's like baby bit Fords.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, it's just like big it off to enjoy and not big it up for it to hurt. Okay is what I was told. Well, let me give some context to that clip. So that's actually really great journalism. Last week, Pete pulled up here, you know himself. He pulled up here just to say what's up, you know, and he wanted to drop off the trailer for his new NBC Peacock show, buck Kiss Kiss. Yeah, so I asked him what this buck kiss mean? And then I ask him what other titles that they tossed around. And if you see the buck Kiss trailer, there's a lot of jokes in there about his penis, Like John Stuart walks in room and says, hey, I got a date to night, Can I borrow you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, we didn't see Penis Peacock. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know the crazy thing about Pete Davison which has got to be uncomfortable for me.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're not gonna tell the real story, then shut up the real story. You should tell a story. Tell a story. Tell happened when Pete came up here last week and me when you was in the office with somebody else.
Speaker 3: Tell them what happened. It's it's okay because I tell the story.
Speaker 2: Let me say I'm not gay, but I just want to start. I would have started, okay, he wanted the preface with that, want the preface with that.
Speaker 3: Weren't sure? So I was. I was. I was talking to a young lady.
Speaker 2: We were we were in the young lady's office and Pete Davison walked in and said hello.
Speaker 1: So I said hello. She said hello. Pete Davison said hello, and then Pete walked out. So the young lady said, so. The young lady said, you know I had to and she said, never mind, right, So I said, what you look at the sweatpants? I did, know, she said, She said, never mind. This is a conversation I should have with another woman.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: And then she remember she was talking to my girl dj Envy as the webber said, my girl.
Speaker 3: I said, I said, what you looked at the sweatpants? I did too. I'm sorry I did. It's Pete Davison. Okay, all right, okay, you judging me? No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: You're so insecure about this, relaxed bro, think Yeah, time I checked out with Charlotte a game. Okay, so I was always told you my girl DJ and me I'm Charlotte again.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I was told all right. And lastly, ben Zeno Benzino White laughing.
Speaker 2: Benzina was doing an interview and he was talking about the time that Michael Jackson called him and said thank you for diss and Eminem.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you Michael.
Speaker 22: Jackson called me forty five minutes. I was in the turn Beary in Miami. Mike Jackson called me. I knew Mike. I met Mike through Tedy got to Special Time, but Mike called me on forty five. He thanked me because when Eminem dissed him with the fire situation in the video, he started talking about Tommy Mattola and how he's he started saying, Michael was using these devils.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Yeah, This was one of the greatest wones of my life that Michaels taught me. He was and not saying it because not all white people are bad. We're not saying that not all of them are devils. But Mike was referring to the situation in the music industry and he just was going on a rant. But I'll just never forget that, like he actually thanked me because I kind of upheld you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you don't believe Menzino, then you don't know how the industry works. Okay, because I've had some random ass phone calls from some random ask people too. All right, I know that seems random, But Michael Jackson was a human being, yea with access to phones, okay, and he also had feelings, all right, So that doesn't sound like a.
Speaker 3: Cap to me. Okay, all right, Well that is your rumor report. Now how you giving that? Donkey? Two man four after the hour. We need Devin P.
Speaker 1: Mitchell to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a world with him.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: I need all your criminals to listen up and you know, possibly give give me some tips on whether or not Devin was smartest stupid.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Your company has goals this year, find the right people to help you achieve them. With JIP recruiter, with four out of five employers, get a quality candidate within the first day. Try it free at jipprecruited dot com slash breakfast at jiprecruited dot com slash breakfast.
Speaker 3: Damn hegg, it's time for donkey.
Speaker 6: I mean't trying to be donkey today no more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these.
Speaker 2: Days called Donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 4: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 3: Wow? I oh donkey today?
Speaker 1: For Monday, April seventeenth, just hilarious goes to a man named Devin P.
Speaker 3: Mitchell. Devin is from picker Ewn, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: The am I crookerd letter, crooked letter, I criokerd letter, crookerd letter. I hump back, hump back eye snooped all my folks Mississippi, dropping the clues boss in Mississippi. If I pronounced pickerywn wrong, apologies, don't nobody know how to pronounce that with y'all.
Speaker 3: But Devin is receiving the biggest he hard today.
Speaker 1: And you know, Donkey of to day is all about giving people the credit they deserve for being stupid. And I'm always torn when I see creativity weaved in with being stupid. See, Devin was doing a whole bunch of things he had no business doing. Oh he was riding dirty like Chamelionaire in two thousand and five, and he was taken into custody and charged with possession of a controlled something since with intend to distribute while in possession of a firearm, possession of a controlled substance, tampering with physical evidence, possession of a weapon by a felon, and possession of paraphernalia sidebar. Isn't it amazing how when we are out committing crimes we don't count the charges. I guarantee you. In devin mind, he was thinking he had guns and drugs. He didn't lead a house thinking he was committing five different felonies just too, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Most people I believe are self aware enough to know they are doing something illegal. Okay, he's a felon, right, One of his charges is possession of a weapon by a felon. With that said, I would think, you know, you would have a proper stash place for your gun in drugs, right if you're going to be in the car. But I have a strange feeling Devin didn't think any of this through. Okay, plan all the way to the end. That's what I was always taughting. Forty eight laws of power. Yeah, it's safe to say Devon wasn't ready. Let's go to TLCUSA for the report police.
Speaker 25: A Mississippi man was arrested Friday during a traffic stop after he attempted to hide a gun in a casadia from Taco Bell. According to police, Devin P. Mitchell folded the gun into the case idea when police and Picayune stopped him and driver Olivia Nef for a traffic violation. Officers reportedly saw Mitchell stuffing the handgun into a Taco Bell bag, prompting them to conduct a search of the vehicle, where they found the gun hidden in the Mexican meal. Mitchell found himself slapped with other charges after police also recovered methamphetamine, liquid heroin, and drug paraphernalia during their search. According to authorities, Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, round of applause for me, I pronounced pick of un right. Yeah, that's some applause police for that.
Speaker 26: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Devon got stopped by the police and hid his gun in a case adelia. Okay, when you eat in the casadilia. You're supposed to add guac, not a glock, Devin. That's a case of dea okay, whatever the hells is silent, yes, all right, case of deal.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I've heard of hard shells are saft shells for casey dilias. But bullet shells, that's a new one, all right. Now, Look, I haven't committed crimes like this since in twenty seven years, all right, are have been around crimes like this in twenty seven years. But when I was doing my fake thug Thistle and Monks Corner, South Carolina, I saw people have more creative ways to not get caught. Right as you put it, put the gun and the drugs in the trunk underneath the spare tire. I've seen them, you know, hide the gun in the engine of the car, which I never agreed with. Okay, in my mind, the gun would overheat and start going off. I've seen them hide it in the center console. I've seen him hide it beneath the steering wheel. If you believe dj Invy's wall stories, he had his twenty two stash in his Manolo blocks all right, de deuce deuce in the boot right, nowadays.
Speaker 3: Right, correct me if I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: Ify Some of these cars have secret compartments.
Speaker 3: To hide your stashes in right correct? Does the car come like that? No? Oh, you gotta get it made like that. People usually put it in there.
Speaker 1: I still think that's extra stupid because if you know the car got secret stashes, wouldn't the police know too? All I'm trying to say, Devin, if you're going to commit crimes, at least think the crime all.
Speaker 3: The way through.
Speaker 1: Okay, your plan can't be If I get caught, I'm gonna put my pistol in this.
Speaker 3: Not your bell, grande, all right? N alright.
Speaker 1: Don't y'all get no bright eyedea and try to do a collaboration with Taco Bell. Okay, remember when Taco Bell had to think outside the bun campaign, ANRA or any other gun lobbyist. Don't get any bright ideas. We're not doing the think outside the gun campaign. Okay, let's leave that alone. It's not about to be a three eighty in Casada combo on the menu, all right, three hundred and forty calories in thirteen rounds. No, we're not doing that, right. There will be no Mexican pizza pistol combos. There will be no steak grilled cheese bullet in burritos combo.
Speaker 3: We not doing that, all right.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling Devin actually did a hustler's prayer before he left his house. If he had everything in the open like that, and the only thing he could think to do is put his gun in the casadilia. He really believed future when Future said God is blessing all the trapping injest, all right, Maybe even worse, Devin might have had one of his people put some good old fashioned roots okay, some voodoo one of them protect the spells on him that he thought would keep him from getting caught. But I hope he kept his receipt for that, because that stuff don't work, all right, at least not other situations like that. When you leave the house and you moving like Devon was, it's just the luck of the draw on whether or not you get caught that day. Okay, And this happened to be the day Taco bell and criminology.
Speaker 3: Collided for Devon. More the guns you crave.
Speaker 1: Please give Devin P. Mitchell the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you are the.
Speaker 27: Dog of the day, the dog.
Speaker 3: All the day. Yee, you know what?
Speaker 1: I hate silent letters? What's what's the point case, Adelia? Why have two l's if you're not gonna use them? That makes no sense? Just spelling a different way?
Speaker 3: What is up with this language that we call English? Man? I don't know. Don't you think that's stupid? It is? It's stupid.
Speaker 1: Same thing with It's like foreskin. It's like the same thing with forskin.
Speaker 3: Why be born with it? If you're just gonna remove him? What are we doing next?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ? All right, I wanted to play game. I won't play with you no more.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't I don't know what Racey is. I looked okay, but you know what, I'm assuming Nigga bell grind all.
Speaker 3: Right, all right now when we come back. You know, Jess hilarious.
Speaker 2: She was supposed to be our guest co host this morning, but because of situations that we can't.
Speaker 3: Control, she's not going to be joining us today.
Speaker 2: We called to early to find out what was going on, and this is the conversation.
Speaker 1: Everybody just was supposed to be our guest host, was supposed to didn't make it.
Speaker 3: So we decided to call him. Yeah, Jessica told us this morning that you know, she texted me.
Speaker 1: She said, hey, bro, I'm on the toilet, but loose stomach really messed up.
Speaker 11: Yo, it's the seafood that's messing with the seafood in Jersey. I'm not ever doing it again.
Speaker 1: Are you from Maryland? But you can't handle seafood from Baltimore?
Speaker 3: Another?
Speaker 11: Please? It's not good.
Speaker 2: So is this the first time you had a bad reaction to seafood? And your butts is loose like that?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 11: Yo, my butt is not loose?
Speaker 3: So why you're to sit in the studio.
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to start You mean, we've already told people that something is up with your stomach.
Speaker 3: They gonna understand why would you do that?
Speaker 19: Why would lie?
Speaker 1: We got everything on your right and everything you asked for too, That's right, Yep. It's b E T H one et v H one right here waiting on you and you across the street on the toilet. I feel are paying to by the way, because I don't like leaving the house if I got a poop in any way shape or for him. A lot of it has to do with trauma of like you know, getting arrested and having to like poop in the in the cold tank, like what you never do. By the way, so I never leave the house unless my stomach is completely empty.
Speaker 2: Unless empty eight hundred five eight five one oh five one has died area ever messed up something for you?
Speaker 1: Not even just maybe he was living the poop crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe you missed your job or missed the inexperience a game, a birthday or whatever it may be, has diarrhea a something up for you. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: It hasn't met topics on the breakfast club. This one. That's right me. It doesn't involve me. I got a little diarrhe I'm coming to word. I don't care. Yellow all gonna smell it. We've seen it. Yeah, well you shot it up here one time. I did.
Speaker 1: And then if he took his underwear off, this is a true story knocking this up. If he took his underwear off and threw it in the trash can, and I remember the janetor found it and I think he left her noticed something. I'm serious though, and he was like, this is not what he's signed up for.
Speaker 3: But eight hundred that's a true.
Speaker 2: Story though eight hundred five eighty five one oh five to one has diarrhea ever messed up something for you? Let's talk about It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, pull out your phone.
Speaker 3: Call in right now.
Speaker 2: You call me, add your opinion to the Breakfast Club top break it down eight hundred five eight five one oh five one the.
Speaker 27: Breakfast It's topic times called eight hundred and five five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy CHARLAMAGNEA Goud. We are the Breakfast Club. Nephew just joining us. We're talking diarrhea this morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking diarrhea.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: This conversation comes from our co host, Jess Hilarious. She was supposed to co host this morning, yes, and she didn't make it. She's right across the street, right crost the street. And what's crazy is she sent it.
Speaker 1: She sent the text to one of our producers was like it was like, I'll be there at like five fifty five, five fifty nine right then she sent a text like bro, I'm on the toilet. Toilet because she says she has a bad seafood and people are saying in the comments that there's some oysters up north that have been causing people's stomach problems. Really, that's what people are saying in our comments.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, well, I don't know from you know for myself diary. Do you know how you say sometimes a period do starting nothing but the sentence who diary, it doesn't stopped nothing at all for me?
Speaker 1: Whoa if I have some talking about if you were a bottom and you had messy diarrhea, you will still let the person run that brown light? That was you're saying, this is a lot of play in the months. No because the reason no, because the a parent don't stop nothing.
Speaker 3: But je I'm not so, especially when you.
Speaker 1: Married right whoa, Wow, that was wow? That was why you used that? I would why I use that?
Speaker 2: But basically, diarrhea is not stopping anything. It does not matter if I got diarrhea.
Speaker 1: I will use whatever I have to use whatever, if it's a public bathroom, if it's McDonald's. You know, we tell how you know we lying we're both men of a certain age. I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Yes, you were born in nineteen hundred and sixty three. That's a lot right, we got colon correct, you ain't leaving that damn house.
Speaker 2: But I was about when you're doing that, and I told you you you remember because I was to show you right, and I had a party.
Speaker 1: He was like, Eavy, please, only you bugging you the day before colonocopy. The prep you gotta do for that colonocopy. That's a different I don't even know if you call that diarrhea. That's a different level.
Speaker 3: That's waters. It's just not but ain't nothing the water that's it cleaned out your whole system. But I was gonna do a party.
Speaker 1: I had a party lined up, and he was like, you are bugging please the house member, I should have told you to go see I should have told you to and send Nick on camera. Man, just don't follow you around all night long. That would have been amazing to see.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been a pay with diarrhea. You was up here with diarrhea. You threw your underwear in the trash.
Speaker 3: Right, I passed gas.
Speaker 2: I shot it and it had a little you know, brown on my underwear. I couldn't walk around with the stinky stick, so I just took my underwear off.
Speaker 1: And that's when the janit, I thought he was really wild, and the custodians thought he was bugging. They was finding bloodstained things and dirty underwear with Dodo in it.
Speaker 3: There was no blood stains in my underwear. That's not what he said, because that just sounded that sounded crazy. That's sound they're crazy.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Hey, Jasmine, good morning.
Speaker 19: Good morning.
Speaker 3: When did you have lose booty.
Speaker 28: In high school? So my teacher, right, this was like the worst teacher at his school. So I guess everybody hadn't accident us to the bathroom that day. And for my ga, it's my senior year. I was seventeen, was about six months pregnant, so I'm not sending us to the bathroom. First of all, you have supposed to be not the pregnant person to go to the bathroom. But the teacher was like no, So I'm thinking I can hold on, Like all right, you know, we only got like an hour after school, so about ten minutes so by, and I felt like I had to pass gas and it just went less from there.
Speaker 3: Oh man, pregnant.
Speaker 28: I finished that school year a lot at home and just saw that everybody went to graduation.
Speaker 3: What it looked like Hennessy with grilled chicken in hell. Good bye jazz Hell, that's disgusting.
Speaker 15: Dre Yo, what's up y'all?
Speaker 2: Turn the radio, damn brother right now. Now tell us when you had lose booty.
Speaker 17: Bro Hey bo, I ain't gonna say lose booty. But this one time I was working for this inventory company who were doing the invatory and express clothing, and it was like six o'clock in the morning, so I just had to go on their bathroom and I blew it up so bad. I stopped and toilet up. I tried to plunge it. I even tried to pleasure and the wind.
Speaker 15: We're talking about it, locked the door.
Speaker 13: And left out.
Speaker 3: Was there a plunge it in there? It was? I wried, like I.
Speaker 17: Tried doing it, and so I just locked the door, left out and I finished the job and we just left. And like as we were leaving, it was like who locked the bathroom door? And I just got out of there.
Speaker 3: I hate people like you, I really do.
Speaker 13: I hate people.
Speaker 1: I hate people who leave behind evidence of the scene the crimes I'm supposed to do. I can't stand when I walk in the bathroom and I just see somebody else's dude, like, you ain't see all.
Speaker 3: Of that in there, you know what I mean. He just said he tried. He could call somebody.
Speaker 1: You can call the custom only into something we've We've seen that happen before.
Speaker 3: Remember that time in Murder Beach.
Speaker 1: When yes, you know what I'm saying, she decided to eat seven out of twelve Christmas Treme donuts, I remember, and she messed the bathroom up and we had to call down and that person had to come fix it, you know, and then and then the first time they didn't get it.
Speaker 3: So I called back again and the guy was like, oh my god, I was just something. Oh my god. The guy was con playing. That's how That's how the dude was. Tell you like, I just saw it all. He was like, what what was she eating?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know, sir, But you know, Jesus eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one, we're talking loose booties this morning.
Speaker 3: Have you ever ever had diarrheas so bad and you can make it to work?
Speaker 1: Maybe you missed the game. It was just that bad. Let's talk about it. This the breakfast slogo.
Speaker 3: Morning, ain't know.
Speaker 1: Call me your opinions to the Breakfast Club top.
Speaker 27: Come on eight hundred five one morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j N G.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club Now if you're just joining us. We had a co host this morning, Jesse Hilarius.
Speaker 1: We didn't make it to work, our good sister, just Ailaris, but she will be co hosting the first of a Black Effect Podcast festival this Saturday in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Jess, it's literally across the street. She's across the street. Yes, she can't get off the talk. She can't. She just can't get off the And it's happened to all of us. Yes, it's never made me not come to work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But I'm not leaving the house if I got really really really bad diarrhea because it's just too embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I mean, but it is what it is. It's not you know what I mean, Like it's gotta be something.
Speaker 1: But by the way, even when I got like a really really big event, like I know, I got to do something like really important, I watch what I eat on purpose, I watch it I eat the day before, and I watch what I eat the day off because of situations like this, straight up all, I say, Saturday in Atlanta, right, I know that I'm gonna be all'ma be out all dead at the festival. I'm gonna eat very very very light the night before, and I'm probably not even gonna have breakfast. I probably will because I'm very regular. I poop every day at eight thirty, is you know. So after I get that out, I'm good for today because I know I'm gonna be there all day. I don't like pooping in public, right, that's number one. And I don't want to end up having the bubble guts.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 14: Hello, who's this Hello, This is Chandler, and you'll hear me from Corumba to Ohio.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Chandler, Chandler, Good morning, Good morning, loose booty problems.
Speaker 29: Yeah, man, I was talking to this girl up and finally for two years, finally got to get on it, get a date with her or whatever. Right, Uh so I tell her to meet me at the restaurant or whatever. I'm running a little late, and I had a new train drink right before, and I just had the worst case of month, Like I had to lay on the floor.
Speaker 6: It was bad.
Speaker 14: So I lied to her and told her, like, you know, my cars messed up? He woop, So really I had mother butt. So I guess you rode by my house like an hour later and she was like, how's your car not worked? And I just seen you pull off?
Speaker 1: And I just did you be honest with her in that moment and say, man, I really had mud button. I was too embarrassed to tell you no, I start speaking Japanese.
Speaker 14: Man I just I just made up a line. She just never never hit me, back, blocked me from social media and block my number and everything.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 1: It's better than to just tell the truth. Everybody has had mune. But that's a moment to relate to that young lady in a much deeper way.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 3: Tell us what happened with you? Mama.
Speaker 19: I used to manage local artists and I had a fight party at my house and my friend brought her homeboy who was military, so.
Speaker 28: He felt like he could party as hard as by art.
Speaker 11: Did, but he couldn't.
Speaker 28: We had a line to come go to the bathroom.
Speaker 11: After the fight party.
Speaker 28: He trying to shuffled out.
Speaker 11: The bathroom kind of fast.
Speaker 28: He was kind of like wife was so bad. He had boo boo all over my bathroom.
Speaker 3: What you mean booboo all over your bathroom?
Speaker 12: He couldn't hold his stomach.
Speaker 19: They out there doing all them heavy.
Speaker 28: Drumks, you know, rapples, they drugs, drugs.
Speaker 29: So during the party, they was doing drugles.
Speaker 18: Damn.
Speaker 19: I guess he thought it was military or command.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: He can hang as hard.
Speaker 28: As my boys could, but you couldn't.
Speaker 3: Did y'all clown them? Did y'all did y'all clown them?
Speaker 1: You be like, nah, bro, that's not that's not the way you posted to show on him as a rapper.
Speaker 19: No, he said he didn't.
Speaker 11: He said he wanted him.
Speaker 19: I only got one bathroom and what him.
Speaker 3: One bathroom and won him. Let me ask you a question, right, why wouldn't you have to go?
Speaker 2: It's it's it feels like it's extra more when you right when you're about to unbuckle.
Speaker 1: Your pants, because if you wait, because what happens is the first your first thought is I think I gotta go, and you be like, nah, I ain't that serious, and then your stomach be like, hey, I ain't playing with you. As soon as it's like that's right, your stomach, be like, I'm going with it without you.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to one more caller.
Speaker 14: Hello, this and this is Lola.
Speaker 19: Good morning, y'all. How were you?
Speaker 3: Hey, Lola, talk to us, Mama, what happened with you?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 11: My god?
Speaker 19: So it was a family reunion and we runned the fifteen passenger van. We were going to Water Country, USA, and we got there and my ibs started acting up and water and diarrhea.
Speaker 11: It's just not a good look.
Speaker 19: I was like, yeah, they had to shut the pool down.
Speaker 3: You did it in a pool. How old were you?
Speaker 19: I was what forty one?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, that is.
Speaker 19: I didn't try. I thought it was like a little pool, but it wasn't.
Speaker 3: So you love, you turned the whole pool in the pool pool water man.
Speaker 19: They had to shut it down.
Speaker 15: I was so.
Speaker 3: Embarrassed, as you should be. You sound like proud too.
Speaker 19: No I'm not proud, but when you live with yes, you can't help it. I don't feel like y'all should joke on Jess. I will say this though, Jess with the mess takes on a whole nother meaning now, yes it.
Speaker 1: Does, Yes it does, Yes it does. And I hope that you wouldn't got a job at UPS right after that? Jesus, what can Brown do for you?
Speaker 3: Dodo Brown?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this? Just with the what's your name? Man?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 18: Bro?
Speaker 3: Talk to us?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 3: You had a loose booty skin? Yeah.
Speaker 16: First of all, I just want to say you're crazy.
Speaker 14: But this was way back in the day.
Speaker 16: I was supposed to meet with Taylor and Taylor.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Taylor that worked.
Speaker 3: Up our tailor gang tailor man fun sized team. Yes, you Philly Joes with Doby.
Speaker 16: Can I get myself trying to make sure.
Speaker 1: I need to make sure Taylor is a producer. Bine, get out of here. Don't come here and rupt in his tailor? All right, go ahead, what happen now?
Speaker 14: Rush out the tailor.
Speaker 15: But we hadn't on the app.
Speaker 14: I think it was okay Cupid or something like that, and we're supposed to link for a date.
Speaker 13: So I'm about to.
Speaker 17: Lead the house.
Speaker 16: My stomach starts feeling crazy.
Speaker 14: So I text Taylor like, yo, can you push the date back to.
Speaker 16: Like half an hour?
Speaker 13: And she she was not having it.
Speaker 16: That sound like you wasting my time.
Speaker 3: That's right, that sounds like.
Speaker 13: Like wasting my time.
Speaker 16: And that was literally the time. I'm supposed to tail it.
Speaker 3: But you may have bubble guts tail bubble gus you can't have. That's messed up to you. Okay, Q.
Speaker 1: Don't you think about people's medical conditions and stuff, man before you do stuff like that.
Speaker 3: That's messed up. Sir Taylor, is it here right now? Would you like to try another date?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love you, would love you would love to do?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: Take?
Speaker 3: I said, take her out? O take? She's always talking about it. This gentleman wants to take you out. Would you give another chair on it? Don't you miss your your blessing? This could be your tailor? All right? What do you look like?
Speaker 14: Your blessing?
Speaker 19: Tailor?
Speaker 3: What do you look like?
Speaker 13: Sir?
Speaker 3: Clearly you already see.
Speaker 13: Twenty four?
Speaker 3: H the goat? Yeah, hold on, let me let me let me look you up? What is it? H? The goat? Ace, the goat A. You spelled the regular like a negro regular case the goat? Twenty four Kevin, you look like you still got diarrhea?
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 3: Is that you got you only with your love? I'm looking at him right here.
Speaker 16: Oh that's not from Brooklyn, from Bro and Willamy.
Speaker 17: I want to shout out my podcast.
Speaker 1: Now you can't detail and you got a podcast like saying you're a mixtape brower. Nope, nope, no man, see you had us. That is the moral of the story. All right, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: But when we come back, we got your rumor report, we got to talk Nick Cannon. Now, Nick Cannon got a lot of kids. You think he can remember all his kids' names. We'll talk about it when we come back. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Good morning, the breakfast Club, The breakfast Club. Your morning's will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are the breakfast Club. DJ and be chollam in to God. Let's get to the roomors, let's talk Nick Cannon.
Speaker 3: At the names or you've gotsip been chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 10: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: This is where the tea spells right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now, Nick Cannon was on the Howard Stern Yo and it was talking about his twelve kids and he was asked to name them, but he forgot one.
Speaker 3: You know their names, everyone's name.
Speaker 1: I can name all of course.
Speaker 23: Kids rocking in one row, which we call rock and roll, Golden Powerful and then zion, zillion, zen, and then from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's legendary there, there's.
Speaker 9: Legendary lies, legendary love.
Speaker 23: Then there's rise left out on excise cold.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you know what I did out of that?
Speaker 3: You got knew you didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I can name all members of Wu Tang Klan, but it's only nine of them. After if I had the name more than nine and get a little shaky. Actually I can name about ten. Yeah, I mean I only got six kids. But yeah, it's easy, but it's also probably a little bit difficult because you know, I have four beautiful daughters.
Speaker 3: They live with us. Yeah, you know the kids.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, Nick don't necessarily live with all his children, right, so I can I can see that happening. Plus they're young too, they babies. You still know your kids names babies? But come on this early in the morning. You're doing Howard Stern show Man. You know you named it twelve? By how many are you names?
Speaker 3: He named ten out of twelve, eleven out of twelve, eleven out of twelve. You know, I said a plus eleven out of twelve. Plus let's go to college. What's twelve divide in the level? What would that grade be.
Speaker 2: It'd be high, to be high high nine, he'd be passing right now. Wendy Williams, who reported on Friday that she's back filming. But they're saying it's not a reality show. It's not a reality show. They haven't said what the show is, but they know what it is. They said they're gearing up for something special.
Speaker 1: We know what it is because they called us on Friday. Why are you acting like they ain't called us on Friday. They called us on Friday night. As we said, the whole story. I'm not gonna tell the whole story, but they called us on Friday. This is why I don't even like doing room report. Are retelling these stories because folks think they came from us, Like you can see something online and it's just online, but then when we do it here, it's magnified. So people just be like, oh, well, I heard it on the Breakfast Club. Get the calls that I don't care to have on No Friday, especially about this type of stuff, right, but I send healing energy and I keep it moving.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to hear from no publicist about what somebody's really doing. And you know, how they going on, not going on? I did ask how they're doing. I did ask, yes, yeah, But.
Speaker 3: You know, situations like that sometimes it is good because you're able to clear things up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So the call we spoke to Wendy Williams manager on.
Speaker 2: Friday, manager, publishers and publicists and cleared some things up and said, and.
Speaker 3: I said the same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, y'all putting them cameras in her face and you know she's not ready to be in the you know, be in front of them cameras.
Speaker 2: Then you know the brother's right, right, right, So but then I will say this. The manager Will also said that you know he was with the brother that oh yeah, with her with him the whole weekend. So so did the brother actually filmed for the show too?
Speaker 3: All right, just to give you a recap.
Speaker 2: So Friday we reported that Wendy Williams brother was upset with Wendy Williams. Is his manager Will about He's saying, put her her out there and she wasn't ready. And when we spoke to will on Friday, he said that she was. He was actually in the thing that they're filming, and he was he was with them for the weekend. If he had a problem anything.
Speaker 1: He wish he would have said it to his face directly, but he said he was actually there, so he said.
Speaker 2: He didn't have no problem when he was there. It's just weird that he had a problem when they all Actually this is.
Speaker 3: Actually very true. That is very strange.
Speaker 1: If you if you was with them all week long, why would you wait until they leave, you know, to get online and you know, start saying talk about all the problems you have with the situation.
Speaker 3: If you had a whole week to say it right then and there, if what you know will it's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, like I said, this more to it. We'll let them, you know, put it out when they want to put it in and want to put it's not a reality show. But it's definitely not a reality show. And lastly, people are mad at money Bag Yo. Now he opened up a new restaurant and they're saying his prices for steaks are too high. They said, a steak is one hundred and thirty five dollars and comes with no sides.
Speaker 3: What's so funny about it? Man?
Speaker 1: That is funny as hell to say it don't even come with side?
Speaker 3: That's right? If we're gonna cost that much money and gotta come in side side. Can't be extra. You gotta be a combo meal, dammit, right, But I will say that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a forty ounce prime tomahawk steak for one hundred and thirty five dollars. So that's usual for tomahawk steak because it's not usually for one person.
Speaker 3: It usually feeds too.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, everything is more expensive now. I have you've seen the price of Whiting lately. Yeah, the price of Whiting is high broh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So people were mad at him about his high price stak because of course it's his new restaurant.
Speaker 3: But that is your room or report.
Speaker 2: But if you really think about it, if you go to any restaurant, or if you look at some of these menus, tomahawk price, Tomahawks steaks are probably one of the best.
Speaker 3: They're about one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and thirty five dollars, sometimes one hundred and twenty dollars, but they're made for two people. That's usually what they made. The surf and turf is sixty eight dollars. That sounds about right, right. Grilled lobster end steak, that sounds right.
Speaker 3: I don't eat red meat no more.
Speaker 2: An occasion New York strip with shrimp is fifty five dollars. That sounds right, So I don't think the price is a that dude.
Speaker 3: I do fish.
Speaker 1: I don't do no steak no more. My cholesterol is a little bit high, all right, but even that price of whiting ain't no joke about men Walmart right now? Price of white and for thirty six a pounds?
Speaker 3: Man, you get your fish from Walmart? What's wrong with that? I mean, I don't just get it from Walmart? What's wrong with that? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Why you so damn bougie? I just I don't even like the judgmentalness of your face. Something like a bunch of other people we get off fish with Walmart, okay.
Speaker 3: And some things.
Speaker 2: I'm just not gonna go to Walmart four, you know what I mean. I go there for my T shirts. I go there for you know, certain man, Man, I'm looking for a fish. Once you go to like a super mawking to get a fresh fish on ice or something, you can do both, right, whatever.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with Walmart fish? Nothing? Ain't nothing wrong?
Speaker 1: It got good s Pacific whiting skin on filats at Walmart for thirty six a pounds man, dude, seventy to a pack.
Speaker 3: You wanna get two pounds age seventy two?
Speaker 1: The Nice wild Card Pacific Whiting for lats, Dude, you gay they taste amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, it'll be like just hilarious, right, but if people choice is up. NeXT's with the message my dude, who is written?
Speaker 2: And I gotta remind y'all my car showed Memphis May twenty eighth. Of course, we're doing it for Dolph's life, so we're gonna be celebrating this life. So we're gonna have Dolf's whole fleet there, which is about twenty cars. We're gonna have the Young Dolph Museum. We're gonna have amusement rides, jumpies, face painting, celebrity calls from fifty cent key clock, and a host of others. So, if you haven't got your tickets, this is Memorial Weekend in Memphis. We're gonna have a lot of fun, so get your tickets if you haven't got it in kids five and under are free al right out to K ninety seven and my fam out in Memphis. Big suit it up. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Mixes Up. Next the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Monday April seventeenth at nine am, eight Central, me Dj Envy and charlamagnea God, hosts a breakfast Club on b E T.
Speaker 3: The evolution will be televised on a new set with top tier guests.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club were Real talk Rains starts Monday April seventeenth at nine am, eighth Central on b ET. Everybody, It's thej Envy, Charlomagne, the God, we are the Breakfast Club. You got some special guests joining us this morning. Indeed, you have Kimberly Page and Tiffany Williams.
Speaker 3: From B E T.
Speaker 5: Welcome guys, Hey here, glad to here.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, thank you for partnering up with us and putting crazy show on BT with super duper excited.
Speaker 3: How long did it take across the t's and connect what is it?
Speaker 2: Cross the cross the T. I don't know what you said, Connect the doctor? You know what I meant to get it done there?
Speaker 5: You know, Tasha, we were just talking.
Speaker 26: We we started talking about this maybe two years ago, because we've been working with you guys on every all the marketing campaigns. Thank you so much for all the support, but we've been working with you and we were just like, we need a more meaningful relationship in strategic partnership.
Speaker 30: So we're excited.
Speaker 26: And then once it got in Tiffany's hands, you know, she landed the plane and so we're just really excited.
Speaker 1: Did you have a look at the content and some of the crazy things that we do and say, maybe this might be a.
Speaker 3: Little too far, like ray j A calling in or bird Man over.
Speaker 18: To you.
Speaker 1: The record.
Speaker 12: Our S and P said, okay, should we be thinking about anything like how should we approach this?
Speaker 30: So you guys are for the morning time.
Speaker 5: You know, shake it up a little bit. Yeah great.
Speaker 3: You know we had a conversation this morning by diary y that's normal. Who in this room has in that diarrhea exactly?
Speaker 30: Come on talks about it at nine am.
Speaker 1: Well it was in context because Jesshilarrus, you know, couldn't come in today because she had diarrhea cross.
Speaker 2: The streets then and right there across the street, so she probably been looking through the window the whole morning, but she couldn't.
Speaker 3: Make it any What made BT want to get back in the daily programming.
Speaker 26: Well, you know, I think what we try to do and what you guys obviously do every day is have real conversations about culture and so you know all the great programming that Tiffany in the entire team is doing, Uh, you need that day to day conversation and that high touch engagement. And yes, we're doing you know, some great things across our digital platform, but this is this is just a home run. I mean it really is, and it allows us to again just have that date, day to day.
Speaker 5: Kind of connection with our audience. So we're super excited.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to be doing more of this on BT more original programming or is it? What's the plans?
Speaker 30: Yes, we were just talking about something just in the other room, so we hope that there's.
Speaker 1: More program I spoke to John's likes about the Breakfast Club documentary because y'all did a phenomenal job John talked about.
Speaker 30: We just talked about.
Speaker 12: Job.
Speaker 30: John was like, listen, let's sew this show the.
Speaker 3: Real pitch.
Speaker 1: Because y'all did a phenomenal job with the murder alte was fantastic, have people talking for weeks.
Speaker 3: I feel like we could do the same with the Breakfast Club documentary.
Speaker 30: I agree, I think so excited.
Speaker 26: I mean, I think that's what we think about partnerships, right, It's not just about a one off, but it really is kind of looking across the whole you know, field and years saying where can we kind of you know, the one plus one equals three?
Speaker 30: I think, you know when we start to get together.
Speaker 5: So we're really excited.
Speaker 3: So who's who's ultimately going to be to be the boss at BT? Is it gonna be Tyler Perry Diddy? Byron Island? That is that a concern? Is that something y'all think about?
Speaker 26: You know, there's a lot of people working on that, and I'm certain I think there's a big objectives around the act position.
Speaker 5: And so we're excited about it.
Speaker 1: Actually got you because I don't want the wrong person to buy it and they'd be like, you know what, no breakfast club in the morning. They talk crazy about us before that could happen. That could well, we talk crazy about everybody, So yeah, that could happen.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 3: I want to ask, is videos or videos ever coming back to BT? Or is that a rapping?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 12: People go online to watch videos, they are not people are not coming to line your TV to watch videos.
Speaker 1: I agree, are y'all thinking about bringing back any of the old programming like Comic View, because I've heard a lot of comedians would be Comicview would be a good thing.
Speaker 30: We've talked about that. We talked about bringing back Comic View.
Speaker 3: We just brought back College Hill College Hill's Dope.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the Celebrity edition, which is coming out again in May on BT Plus will plug. So yeah, we're looking at all the IP and seeing what would make sense to bring back and how can you reboot it in an interesting way to make the audience want to come and watch College.
Speaker 2: It would be dope, especially diving deep diving into the HBCUs because it's an experience.
Speaker 3: We've never seen. Like I tell a story of the time, the only reason I went to hbc.
Speaker 2: US because the diff world, like I thought a different world was Hampton and I was like, I am going there, and I just think it'd be pretty cool to have to see some of those students in there and all the stuff that they go through, whether it's relationships and studying in sports and all lot.
Speaker 3: I just think that.
Speaker 1: So now people a start going to HBCUs because of JA Butllege.
Speaker 30: Yeah, we're at Alabama. Alabama State University for this season, and it is really interesting to watch just they take a civil rights class and just seeing y J and all these different celebrities in that environment is super interesting. And we see a lot of the HBCU life. So I think you're gonna like it.
Speaker 3: I love it. So what do y'all need from us?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Other than this?
Speaker 6: Like, what do you need?
Speaker 3: What do you need for us to do every day?
Speaker 26: I think just continue Your voice is so important and we know as we think about even just marketing the power of radio. I mean, you guys are like the real true first influencers if you think about it, and I think just to continue to have the meaningful conversations, I think it's so important.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I would say, continue to do what you're doing.
Speaker 26: We've got a lot of exciting ideas, you know, all across all of our tempoles, be t awards and all this type stuff. So I think just continue to show up and be great partners.
Speaker 3: Well, we thank you guys.
Speaker 1: You know, Ti tiff Any is the first person the reason I'm on Paramount so much. Really, yes, because she used to watch me in a little dou Balls the Union videos.
Speaker 3: Shut Up.
Speaker 1: She used to watch me in a little doo balls wood the State of the Union videos, and she called us up and they put us on a Nick Cannon show called Hayton and that's how we got in the door at then Viacom now Paramount.
Speaker 30: So this is full circle, full circle.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys for believing in us. Appreciate it so much. I want to thank John Sykes and out John team.
Speaker 2: Too, because of the three wise Men. At one time, I think they were going to turn power into country and.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I think that story sounds good, but it's I don't believe that. I don't think there's no country stations in New York bro exactly. That's the reason why at one time we weren't doing too well and then we caught it. Sometimes you just need a little coaching.
Speaker 5: Okay, absolutely, but thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you're catching on.
Speaker 2: B E T each and every morning weekday morning at nine a m. On bt V H one, and then on Sundays you can catch us on b ET Plus and thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: Again. Yes, thank you, DoD we have out there. I'm just curious what food did we did we get today?
Speaker 30: Well, they're Champagne, so let's just let's.
Speaker 5: Just get right to that.
Speaker 3: The Champagne. All right, there you have it. It's Kimberley Page, it's Tiffany Williams. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: The Positive Notes up next morning, everybody's DJ env Charlamagne de gud. We are the Breakfast Club again. Shout out to be Et and VH one for having us. You can see us each and every weekday morning at nine am.
Speaker 3: Salute t I. We appreciate it. Shout to the whole staff.
Speaker 2: They got a whole staff appair working and they had a huge display and layout for us this morning with food and drinks and balloons, just to make us feel part of the family. And we're excited about that.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: Salute the bt m v H one. We're actually airing right now on bt v H one as we speak. That's right, you know.
Speaker 3: And I want to tell all y'all man, I'm probably saying this for nothing. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Because of as a frog, we had less than two hundred tickets left for the first ever Black Effect Podcast Festival that's happening this Saturday in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullman Yards.
Speaker 3: Hosted by myself and just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Make sure you bring just hilarious some pepto bismo when y'all come on Saturday eighty five South.
Speaker 3: Show will be on stage.
Speaker 1: Horrible Decisions, Reasonably Shady, The Big Facts Podcast checking in with Michelle Williams and then we Talk Back Back Podcast with their special guest.
Speaker 3: Porsche Williams, and we're gonna have food.
Speaker 1: We got the Black Effect marketplace with merchandise and all of that good stuff, and go to event bright.
Speaker 3: Dot com and get your tickets.
Speaker 1: If there's any tickets left, go to black Effect dot com for more information. I haven't looked yet this morning. We don't get that information till after ten o'clock to know if there's any tickets left. But if there are, go to event bright dot com right now, Black Effect dot com to get you tickets. All right now, you've got a positive note for us. I do the positive notice simply this. I want you to think about this on this Monday.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Maybe the journey is it so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's about becoming everything that isn't really you, so you can be what you were meant to be in the first place.
Speaker 3: Breakfast club bitch.
Speaker 6: Is y'all finished or y'all done