Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't given them black a million bus bussy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listening to show to.
Speaker 5: Joy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joy, you know you.
Speaker 6: Love you gotta turn.
Speaker 3: I got to turn the mouth turn, probably got to turn mouth turn A wad of the money, CAPO make me.
Speaker 6: Come come out.
Speaker 7: You think, uh huh, I shure will Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve.
Speaker 8: Harley got a radio show. Here we go today.
Speaker 7: I think I have something for a lot of people today, at least I hope I do. And this is about on your journey, And this is about something that happens to us all. I mean, what happens to all of us from time to time when we get discouraged, What happens to all of us when we feel like quitting, What happens to all of us when we have that turnback moment, What happens to all of us when it don't seem like it's going to pan out. Because I want you to understand something that everyone, every single living soul, has those thoughts about something at some point point in their life. I mean, you know, look, I've oftentimes been discouraged about things not happening.
Speaker 8: As fast as I like them.
Speaker 7: All things don't pan out the way I would like for them to have panned out. I mean, it's so many ways to get discouraged. But what my encouragement to you is when discouragement comes is understand this. It is a part of the growth process. It is a test. It is a test of your faith. How bad you want it, do you really believe? That's all faith is is, simply, and I've said this how many times. Faith is the belief in things that you cannot see. So when discouragement comes, setbacks comes, it is a test of your faith. At least it's been that way for me. Now other people can explain it another way. I'm not other people. I can only give it to you the way it has come to me and throughout my life, and man o man or man discouragement sometimes it's tough to deal with because it seems at times when you were discouraged that is so absolute that this means the end, and if you allow it to set in, it can be just that the end of you, when merely merely it was a test, that's.
Speaker 8: All it is.
Speaker 7: But the majority of people that I know who are not successful or who have told me the story of how they gave up, it was because at a moment of discouragement that they allowed it to set in and it became so engulfing that it became the reason why you shouldn't finish. And then they started justifying it with hit the one that I hate to hear. Well, if it's God's will, excuse me. If it's God's will that you fail. If it's God's will that you're not successful. If it's God's will that you lay down and give up, it's God's will that you allow yourself to amount to, not to not reach your potential. That's God's will. That's not the God I know. That's not the God I served, That's not the God I've read about. That's not the God I believe in. I'm sorry. I just my mother always taught me something that he didn't bring me this far to leave me. I just don't believe that, not for a second. Now have I convinced myself for some things, yep? Have I allowed the devil to come into the picture and paint a different one from it? Yep, yep, I've done all of that. But you can't blame that on God. Now, come on, So when discouragement comes, try to look at it if you can, as a test of your faith, and you merely have to pass the test. It could be for a day or half a day, a few hours, a week, a few weeks, it don't matter. Don't nobody know how long the test period is. Your job is to keep the faith and keep moving. Keep the faith and keep moving, keep working, keep believing, keep hope alive.
Speaker 8: That's your job.
Speaker 7: If you do that, that's how you pass the test. It could be over tomorrow, it could be over in two weeks, it could be over in a month.
Speaker 8: You don't know.
Speaker 7: But all you got to do is wake up and keep the faith and fight the discouraging feeling.
Speaker 8: And how do you do that? Steve? Now here we go.
Speaker 7: This is the part I know about for show because how many times I've had to fight off discouragement in order to get to where God wanted me to be. What do you do when you become discouraged? Well, I think of the outcome. When I get discouraged about a task, I think about the outcome. Man, what would it be like if I were to complete the task? What would it be like?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: What would the outcome be for me if I hung loan in there? If I didn't give up, If I imagine, I imagine if I don't quit.
Speaker 8: I imagine if I don't.
Speaker 7: Give up, what would it be like? Man, Suppose everything I'm hoping for comes true. But if I don't quit and give up, that might just be the case. I start talking to myself like that, think of what the upside is. What's the upside to stay in with it? You see, all this is the same thing. I'm just giving you different ways to look at it. I'm saying the exact same thing over and over. But I'm just trying to find a switch that connects in your mind where you can say, Okay, man, I'm gonna hang in there. Because if you think of the outcome and the outcome is appealing to you, if you imagine what it would be like if you don't give up or you don't quit, if you think only of what the upside is to stay in with it, And then I go, where can this lead to? If I stay with it, man, and the outcome comes true? What else could that lead me? To because I mean, there's always more to it. So where else could this lead me to? What are the possibilities?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: What are the limitless possibilities? What could God possibly have in store for me? If I just hang in there, if I pass this test of faith? If I just pass this test, now, it ain't gonna be the only one. But you gotta get past this one. No, then you gonna hear the smooth plane. Then it's gonna be another one. It's gonna be another one. Life ain't nothing but a series of tests.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: Man, when you're thinking about giving up, when you're discouraged, think of the outcome. Imagine what it would be like if you don't quit, if you don't give up, what's the upside to staying with it? Where can this all lead to? What can this get you to? If you do this and you get to where you think you want to be? Oh my god, what's after that? What are the limitless and endless possibilities of holding on to your faith?
Speaker 8: What could really be out there for me? Man?
Speaker 7: If I just pass this test, you gotta talk yourself into hanging in there.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning?
Speaker 8: Shall all right? Everybody?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 8: Listen?
Speaker 7: Can I have your attention please, I have a few questions I'd like to ask this morning. I don't normally like to start to show with questions. I like to start to show with statements. But I'm just a little bit curious. Here's question number one. Have you ever seen today before? That's question number one? Has any of you ever been at this moment that we have in front of us currently, at the present moment?
Speaker 8: Have any of you ever been here before?
Speaker 7: The third question, if this is a new experience, should you not be awfully excited about it? And then the last question, if you ain't excited about doing something you've never done before, like arrive at a moment in time that you've never had before, and it's called today, which is why they call it the President because it is a gift from God.
Speaker 8: Why would you not be overjoyed with that?
Speaker 10: Know?
Speaker 7: I am what I'm talking about. Shelby Strawberry calling for real Mouth of the South, Junior, a government named kiss Fates the legend that is Nephew, Tommy Junr.
Speaker 8: You been having a lot on your mind, Letty, what's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you this, I really mean this, man, It's gonna be hard man to watch these NBA playoffs. I'm gonna be hard because it's the commercials tim.
Speaker 8: Oh I thought, because y'all wasn't in it.
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, it's in fact, man, it's just a commercials man, because they making me think something wrong with me. Now I already got sickle sell. But now I feel like you know this private sect t O TC commercially seen this twenty five times over the weekend. I saw zipping. Now I know my A one C got to be happy because they told me, Yeah, I got all of this, dog, I have to have it. I'm gonna tell you another thing that's wrong too. I got I gotta get some pept o in here because the people in that restaurant singing upset, stomach heartburn diary. I got to see that their people have to have all this to wrong with me because they keep showing me every NBA commercial break and my lord looming. They want us to get this, They need us to go get this.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: This is seventy two hours, the old that you can put anywhere, feet under, all chest back everything. Seventy two hours. We had your Yeah, she said that on TV. She said that, So I have to yes, you have to don't like r Well, you ain't got.
Speaker 5: To like her.
Speaker 4: The fact that I just don't like her, So you don't want to get the looming you don't need it.
Speaker 8: I don't like the way she representing the brand.
Speaker 7: She might have invented it, but she should have went to casting and got it.
Speaker 8: She's too close to the camera.
Speaker 1: For me that.
Speaker 8: You talk about your video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 7: You're talking about butt crack smelling all that. You all up on the camera back in my face.
Speaker 10: You don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm over here eating. Take you all in my face? Time? Have you seen? Have you seen?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 11: That's hu.
Speaker 7: That's when the last time you smell your book, lady.
Speaker 4: I just think, man, they showed us smoke murdered. What what a car dealership commercials?
Speaker 7: Day?
Speaker 4: Bring and give me something happenings coming up.
Speaker 8: Number one restaurant in who Heye?
Speaker 12: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, Thank you, Junior. It's church complaints with Reverend Motown and Deacon death Jam.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening hardy Morning show.
Speaker 12: It is time now for Reverend Motown and Deacon death Jam.
Speaker 1: Today is Monday. You know what that means church complaints.
Speaker 8: Oh oe, letting me get my son.
Speaker 9: But essons for this here we got the coolest path on the planet.
Speaker 7: I am here to bring about our vulation in the population to God. Most differently, as we projectile through this journey of life, we mystification.
Speaker 8: So many times we.
Speaker 7: In the bowels of constipation.
Speaker 8: Realize our duty.
Speaker 7: As we go forward. Let us begin with church complaints. Come on, deacon, all right.
Speaker 8: Let me get it together here.
Speaker 9: All right, listen, they asking that you talk to sister Gretchen mcdone. Now she keep teaching the kids slavery songs during the children church. They keep the kids can't get steal away out of their head, and they don't know what it means.
Speaker 8: So I need, we, please need to talk to hot Well. I think it's a good thing. I was forced as a child by my father to listen to the Blues.
Speaker 7: It turned out that I became most depressed eight year old actual school nor So I think a good Slaves song will cut back on some of the violence that promenades in our.
Speaker 8: School system today.
Speaker 7: If you're gonna take proud the school, at least put a good old hymn in there.
Speaker 8: All steal away. Hmm, whoa steal away?
Speaker 7: That's why? Ain't nothing like a baby singing steal away?
Speaker 9: All right, I'm moving right along. I let them know that we wh the kids will continue to learn it. Sound moving forward. Brother Cyrus is now wearing a wig with a chin strap on it. People keep pulling it and popping it back down on his head. He's asking that you suspend those that are doing this to him.
Speaker 8: Yo, cow passed, But.
Speaker 7: No, I thought that the chin strap was a brilliant ideal because he has lost several health pieces doe to winds, strong winds and shout, and by wearing a ting chin strap, he has helped. I think what the some of the sanctuaries trying to do is tighten it for him using it because sometimes he's not paying attention and it's all the way back on his neck.
Speaker 8: Okay, when I looked like a safari hat, I know you can go that way with it. You get the visual?
Speaker 9: All right, I'm moving along past to our sister Lastatia just had an eight pound baby boy. Now her father is furious that she don't know who the father is. She, however, did go to a Wild and Out TV show taping the father thing is Nick Cannon's baby and he wants a paternity test.
Speaker 8: Your thoughts, past.
Speaker 7: Oh, if you went a wild another in strong possibility and when you've got my vote because you down there at the baby making capital of the world.
Speaker 8: You go down there the wild and.
Speaker 7: Out they wilding out, acting out, showing out, all other kind of out.
Speaker 8: Ooh, praise God for brother Nick ain't roll here.
Speaker 7: According to Nick, though, you won't have to take him to Colton for payments.
Speaker 8: He don't have that with none of his baby's mammas.
Speaker 9: All right, well, Pastor, this is attach it when here, I please talk to brother Felix Davis.
Speaker 8: Now he is just out of control. Pastor. Now, we all know.
Speaker 9: That brother Felix is gay, and we have no problem with that. He We love Brother Felix. But he asked Brother Philip how do I get to the church picnic? And Brother Phillip said, first, you need to go straight, and then he just started cussing Brother Philip out and pulled out the parking lot.
Speaker 7: Stand by our directions. We stand by our directions to the picnic. Go straight if you want to get to the picnic. Felix, now you know you had several other outbursts you didn't like, uh, several things. We was at the church dance and somebody played I'm coming out, I'm coming out. I went through Wellton and and you didn't like that. You got mad at that then, or somebody played Grace Jones or something, pull up to the Bumple Baby, and then you had a problem with that damn phoenix and you started looking around the party like everybody.
Speaker 8: Wasn't nobody's talking about you.
Speaker 7: The directions to the picnic is first, just go straight. We can't give you nothing else. You're in front of the church. Your car is put at east. You have the direction. We said you gotta go straight. Now, Why didn't you mad at us bo. We didn't say nothing about you had to change nothing else. We just said you got to go straight in your car.
Speaker 8: Sister calling has cut off the zoom. What does that now?
Speaker 1: It's time to go coming up next, go.
Speaker 8: Straight to the break, straight to the break.
Speaker 12: It is as the Colo Chief Love Office is Steve Harvey in the buildings.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, we're sending prayers of healing to superstar Jamie Foxx is he's still hospitalized in Atlanta. Sad news there.
Speaker 12: Actress and comedian Monique is suing CBSTV over royalties from a past TV show, and New York City has a brand new rat czar. We'll see how this works out. The ratsar will get rid of the city's rat problems. That's what she was hired to do. All that's coming up at the top of the hour. We'll talk about it then, but right now it is time to ask the CLO. Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey Feefee in Bismarck writes, after eleven years of marriage, my hobby said he wants to see other people. He doesn't want a divorce. He's asking for permission to cheat. I would rather die than be a single, middle aged woman. So do I agree to have an open marriage with him?
Speaker 8: Are you stupid? Right?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, Wait a minute, you would rather die than to be us us a single woman? Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? You would rather die than to be free? Wait a minute. You got a man that don't want you? That you got a man and you ain't enough for him.
Speaker 8: That's that's that's what he's saying to.
Speaker 7: You he wants to see other people, but he but he don't want to get divorced. He's asking for your permission to cheat. Now you've already given him the permission because you just said you'd rather die than to be a single middle aged woman. So you're gonna sit there in a marriage and feel what it feels like to be put into a second place position. Yeah, that's that's that's that's gonna be good with you, lady. You need to pick up your self esteem. Ain't no, I'm not giving nobody permission to walk on me nobody.
Speaker 12: How do you ask that question? How do you even fix your mouth to ask the husband? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Because you know who you're married to?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, see you got to know who you married to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's to me and no good.
Speaker 7: Hell, well, they can't go in there and have that conversation, go and ask for permission to cheat. What you got to really know who you married to? And most of us know who we're married to.
Speaker 8: And she not having the question?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, exactly, because then suppose she turned around and say, okay, cool, well let's both go cheat and we're gonna see how you feel about somebody playing in your playground.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I hope you learned something. Come fix you. We're moving on Raven just Clo says.
Speaker 12: My husband's mother has given us money freely since she got rich from a legal settlement back in twenty eighteen. Because of that, my husband was afraid to tell her no when she asked to tag along on our trip to Belieze this summer. Would I be selfish if I told her that I want to be alone with my husband.
Speaker 8: You done took all this lady money.
Speaker 1: He won't do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now you won't be by yourself. She's going letter. Let her go on and going over there. She probably paid for it. Get her room on the other side of that resort.
Speaker 8: And shut your mouth.
Speaker 7: I can't stare people to get a gift, a gift handed to him. I don't want how to go. I want to be alone. Yeah, she won't to tag along. Let her go. She didn't give y'all all this. She gave y'all money freely. Some things happened. Just go to police. Let your mother in law be on the other side of the thing.
Speaker 8: She got all it. Money. Y'all go somewhere else by yourself.
Speaker 12: Maybe her mom, her mother in law, could take a friend or something.
Speaker 1: Take a girlfriend. Damn you you selfish? Yeah, she asked, Would she be selfish?
Speaker 8: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 7: The answer that stupid is the question. She pays now free money because she's rich. She she won't go on one trip.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 8: Please, I'm gonna listen to me. She can stay next door.
Speaker 9: Okay, meet you outstown for breakfast.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I'll tell you what if you want to come along on my trip, you more than wilcome. My wife ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 11: What's that whyte.
Speaker 4: Coming's gonna shut your hands up?
Speaker 8: Let Steed come?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, come on, raising all right? Daniel and Patterson says, I was sitting at work yesterday and my husband sent me a picture of his man man and I was shocked. I immediately accused him of sending it to the wrong woman. He said he was trying to show me what I was gonna get when I got home. He's never done this before. Did he mess up and try to fix it quickly?
Speaker 8: So you sent the picture to you?
Speaker 7: That's overthinking, right then, he ain't never done it before.
Speaker 8: It's the first for everything.
Speaker 1: Trying to spice things up.
Speaker 7: Are trying to show you what you was gonna give when you he send it to the wrong person.
Speaker 10: Now, she ma.
Speaker 8: Cain't do nothing. Now you want something to be wrong.
Speaker 9: Took my time get the angle right of this picture and get this focus and get.
Speaker 8: The lighting right on this thing. I done, got.
Speaker 9: All cleaned up and took this picture of you. Now you thinking, man, you ought to go on somewhere. I got the right angle on it.
Speaker 8: You. I got it look like it was called. You know I've been working on it like you' said commercial. I just read it.
Speaker 1: You gotta get that lighting right, baby all.
Speaker 8: I got that light right his angle, got it looking okay.
Speaker 2: When you're drinking coffee of tea, don't listen to this show.
Speaker 8: I'm okay, you will sut it out.
Speaker 2: That's a disclaiming warning to our listeners.
Speaker 11: Don't drink coffee of tea.
Speaker 8: Listen to this show. Don't sing your wife no picture.
Speaker 1: Here's the last one.
Speaker 12: Steve jalen and Southfield says, I'm a thirty eight year old man and I love a tastefully dressed woman. My girl is forty two years old, but she started dressing like an Instagram model, a bra and a Blazer is not a class he look to me, Should I let her express herself or can I give her my opinion?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I think you need to shut up though. He's thirty eight, the one with the brawn. Blazer said that a rocket. Here's a little rock there. Don't what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: He's only thirty eight.
Speaker 8: Don't you shut your squarez up Instagram mom.
Speaker 10: In a while?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just cut old squares dudes. Man, I'm trying to mess up something. I'm trying to look nice for you, and here you complain.
Speaker 8: I want to I want to strang up hairls And yeah, turtleneck.
Speaker 1: Is not a classy look to him.
Speaker 9: To him, that's what he said, right Bra, bright Blazer, Right, Bra, you got something happening, buddy, Trust.
Speaker 8: Me, I have Instagram. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Because you ain't seen them.
Speaker 8: You sure ain't you think? Bro and Blazer?
Speaker 6: Hold hold what you say?
Speaker 8: That's conservative, boy.
Speaker 4: You must not have it.
Speaker 8: They gonna wear skin now man. Alright, all right.
Speaker 12: Thank you forelo coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 12: We want to send our prayers of healing to actor, singer, comedian friend Jamie Fox. Jamie has been hospitalized in an Atlanta hospital since last Tuesday, reportedly recovering from an unspecified medical condition. Jamie's daughter Corinne made the announcement on social media last week, and sources close to Jamie are now saying that Jamie is doing better and he's been talking and even joking with his family, And of course our prayers are with Jamie. We want him to get well soon, for sure.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, wow in Atlanta and then he was working on a movie in Atlanta. Yeah, I think he had eight days left to shoot and he became ill and they had to rush him to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight scenes.
Speaker 8: I can't remember what I heard. I thought I heard it.
Speaker 12: I said eight more days, you know, yes, But yeah, so are definitely our prayers are with Jamie to get well soon, and we'll keep you posted.
Speaker 1: In other news, fresh.
Speaker 12: Off the premiere of her Netflix special, actress and comedian Monique has announced that she's suing CBSTV Studios and Paramount Pictures. She's suing them for unpaid royalties that were linked to her. We all remember the Parkers. It was on in the nineteen nineties. In the early two thousands, it was a hit, The Parkers. Everybody watched The Parkers Love Yeah Professor, Oh yeah you were on there, Parker.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 12: According to the Associated Press, Monique filed a breach of contract suit alleging that the defendants quote artificially depressed the show's profitability to retain millions that would otherwise be contractually do to Monique's production company. Monique spoke about the lawsuit on Instagram, claiming that her documents would shed some light on the unfair financial practices. So she's swing for back royalties with what she's doing.
Speaker 8: That's real talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask you have you ever had to do that before or Steve.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't really, that's not my style.
Speaker 7: But she's onto something because TV man, they they paid the numbers. They're very deceptive in television, very very deceptive, especially when you have back in. So she could be onto something. But yeah, it's the lawsuit is gonna have to entail an audit. You got an audit and you got to pay the money for the audit to see if there's something there. So I mean, I wish it well if it works.
Speaker 8: Show Baby loved that the Coming Out show right there. Yes, I love that show.
Speaker 1: Sure, we're going forty.
Speaker 8: Love that show. I'll watch to day.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And this next story is a first for any mayor in any city, especially with a major city. Last week, New York's Mayor Eric Adams announced that he has hired the city's first ever rat czar.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's appointed. Her name is Kathleen. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: The rest of the position, New York City's ratsar, Kathleen Karate, that's her name. She's going to be New York's director of rodent mitigation. All right, get your mind right, rodent mitigation. This is a real job. The salary is reportedly over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars annually.
Speaker 8: Really, way more than that.
Speaker 9: To get something rents you don't want.
Speaker 7: You get my uncle one hundred he go down there. Give it all the days. You give uncle one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to be down there with them rests all week in long.
Speaker 1: Come about.
Speaker 8: That will be a damn rat down now you see that big these rests on. You don't give a damn You.
Speaker 7: Give my uncle one hundred fifty thousand dollars yeah, you're up in New York.
Speaker 8: Cure and that rat problem. You know you won't you won't see a mouse. I love it.
Speaker 7: I don't know who this lady is right here, and they need to give that money tomorrow. Uncle, the lesson.
Speaker 8: A hundred down, I'm gonna they not here.
Speaker 6: They did a hundred in.
Speaker 8: What we what shining it up?
Speaker 12: But they had a press release, and the press release said Mayor Adam's office said that Karate will find it innovative waves to cut off the New York Rats food sources.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you right now, Karate ain't gonna be able to stop them Rat Briada ain't gonna be able to stop no Rat. I don't know why y'all talking about bringing in in Karate. What you know about Rat.
Speaker 1: She's gonna she's gonna cut off their food sources.
Speaker 8: That's one cut off their food sauces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the new tech tchnology.
Speaker 8: You know how many people gonna starve in New York?
Speaker 7: What you need to do? Put me down there in that underground where they keep their food there. Then the next weekend drop me down their suic system. Y'all need a hundred video front if you get in don't take me no year now.
Speaker 8: One hundred thousand three weekends, all the rat going.
Speaker 1: You're not scared of rats or anything?
Speaker 8: You the hell scared raffo? See that one?
Speaker 7: Wrong with the later karate lady can't be scared of the rad You're gonna try killing rat?
Speaker 1: Well, what are you gonna do with them? Once you kill him?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 1: Because it's a lot of rats, that's a lot of road.
Speaker 7: They go ahead, lay round, you're gonna go. You're gonna you're gonna be pretty strong. Smell for a while, and you I said, I kill him, I gonna get him.
Speaker 11: Up another as a whole.
Speaker 7: I smell a two hundred thousand sweet them all out. Oh yeah, we just wanted to die one hundred fifty.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you.
Speaker 12: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Texas man gets a seventy year prison sentence for spitting on police officers. We'll have to talk about this when we come back right after this seventy zero seven seven zero.
Speaker 1: You're listening, Hardy Morning show.
Speaker 12: Well, we all know how you know, we all feel, and you guys in particular feel about a person's another person. We all agree that it is one of the most disgusting things you can do to someone. It's just plain nasty, it is. But in the case of thirty six year old Larry Pearson of Lubbock, Texas, does his prison time equal his crime? Back In twenty twenty two, Lubbock police officers reported to the scene of a domestic violence incident in which Pearson was accused of hitting a woman several times. A police report stated that Pearson was handcuffed in the back of a squad car and he allegedly spat at two police officers, and he continued to do so until he arrived at the Lubbock County Detention Center. Pearson reportedly had prior chargers for aggravated robbery and family violence and based of twenty five year minimum since. In addition to those chargers, he was charged with two counts of aggravating a police officer, and at the sentencing phase of his trial, prosecutors requested that the jury consider a number that would send a quote message to Pierson and society.
Speaker 1: So Pearson was sentenced to seventy years in prison. So there you go. Does the punishment fit the crime?
Speaker 7: No, seventy days, don't get seventy you know, what I'm saying, you, mad slaughter, don't get you seventy years, right, seventy years.
Speaker 8: The problem is the black dudes spit on the white dude.
Speaker 1: Thank you, That's what it is.
Speaker 7: And then they're talking about send a message, send the message to what. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. But this's got to be something else to this story.
Speaker 8: It has to be. He must he got want something.
Speaker 12: Well, I mean yeah, Now, he did have prior charges for aggravated robbery and family violence.
Speaker 8: Well, robbery don't get you seventy He faced.
Speaker 1: A twenty five year minimum sentence with those charges.
Speaker 4: They tried to overthrow the government and got twenty years.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Aggravating a police officer he got police that yeah, and police officers died on jobs. People died on January sixth. Ain't nobody died with him on somebody.
Speaker 8: Now, this white lady spent on his black lady in days in and got her as well. Now, y'all don't know if y'all know, honey, make it? Did y'all?
Speaker 7: Did y'all get that video I sent y'all with an old Southern white dude called the black dud.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 7: I ain't seen the flap down like man. Yeah, yeah, just doesn't make sense at.
Speaker 2: All, because if a white man was spit on a black cop, it wouldn't even go to the white guy get seventy years.
Speaker 8: We wouldn't even know the story.
Speaker 7: Well, you spit on me, you probably won't get seventy years. But I tell you well, when you get down to the station, you sure ain't gonna look the same.
Speaker 8: Unrecognizable prints on his face like that he spit on me. I reached back there and pulled.
Speaker 1: Him through it all right, next she's here.
Speaker 12: She wanted to drop by yet again today and we love having her sister Otel in the building.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening hard morning show. Well as promised, sister oh yay.
Speaker 11: Said, Hi, lo play sister.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 11: Jesus whip it.
Speaker 8: I love.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 11: Well, well, good mornings there.
Speaker 6: We wat.
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Talk to me?
Speaker 12: Well, it's a lot going on the latest odal. You heard a rapper, little Ozivert You heard a little Evert.
Speaker 1: No I would have, but I mean because you know he's all about and all this stuff we.
Speaker 8: Got going on with global warming and every day. Now what a no.
Speaker 12: Uzzi bt little Uzi Bert? Well, he's a rapper. Yeah, yes, ma'am. Remember this was a while ago. No, ma'am, you don't know, No, ma'am, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's the rapper. I think you'll probably remember this.
Speaker 12: He put that twenty four million dollar pink diamond on his forehead. Okay you remember, okay, I thought you remember that.
Speaker 1: Well, well, it was a pink diamond. The diamond is gone from his forehead now.
Speaker 12: But on Easter Sundays, Sister Odell, he went and got an intricate floral tattoo design across his forehead. Okay, and he got a cross of Saint Peter tattooed on his tongue. Okay, you don't.
Speaker 8: You don't do that on Easter.
Speaker 1: Well, little Uzzivert did your little.
Speaker 13: Stupid, little honorary dumb don't know your history?
Speaker 8: What is you putting flowers on your forehead? Fall? I think you mean you're putting a whole cross on your toe.
Speaker 1: Across of Saint Peter.
Speaker 8: Who is that, dude?
Speaker 1: Saint Peter, the Saint Peter, Saint Peter.
Speaker 13: When he did a cross, y'all ain't doing something you don't even understand.
Speaker 8: They ain't want to cross, well, you know, cross some cavalry.
Speaker 12: Supposedly this cross of Saint Peter is across a symbol of humility and Peter who was martyred.
Speaker 13: You know, but how is you doing a side of humility and then tattooed your toe?
Speaker 4: How humble is that?
Speaker 13: If that ain't a show off movie thever I've seen one. This little boy just dumb as a donoll. He just lord him mers. It just they're gonna have to pray for his level, isn't it, because it's just extreme?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you were happy when he had the diamond.
Speaker 13: Uhhadin't even put some flowers on this little dog skin.
Speaker 8: He can't even see the pedals on it. Just finished Easter to hit his fool cob.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, well you heard you heard about what they're doing with the marriage doing in New York, appointing a first ratsar.
Speaker 1: You heard about it.
Speaker 11: You know, Ain't that crazy.
Speaker 8: Trying to do somebody rare?
Speaker 11: You you think they just got here?
Speaker 12: But I mean, at least he's putting forth an effort to try and eradicate them.
Speaker 11: Dude, he ain't finished it rid of them rash rats just seting.
Speaker 13: In and doug and up them rats more rest than his pevils.
Speaker 12: But he has signed a person this job. The rats are that is her title.
Speaker 11: I can't win and gave a man the presidency.
Speaker 6: What he do.
Speaker 8: Now you're the winner that we done have the drugs.
Speaker 13: All the drugs is highest head high as they ever being in their country.
Speaker 11: We done have police.
Speaker 13: They doing more dirt than people out here that committing the crimes. We are a politicians don't care nothing about nobody but theirself. Now, we don't hire this poor woman that she's winna come in here and get rid of these rats.
Speaker 1: You can't get rid of rats.
Speaker 11: They're gonna dy she she's finna get rid of you rat? How long they give it to get rid of rat?
Speaker 2: How long they what's he making one hundred and fifty thousand a year, so over.
Speaker 5: One hundred thousands?
Speaker 13: Uh huh they they in the morning, one hundred and fifty thousand to kill a rat girl.
Speaker 8: You know how much d com we're gonna.
Speaker 11: Bade with this?
Speaker 12: All right, sister, we gotta get out of here, nephew, tell me is up next with today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning Show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is potty mouth and smoky Clothes. Hmmm, interesting title. We'll find out what that's all about. And just a few because yeah, right, because right now, the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got today?
Speaker 9: I am here looking in the archives and trying to make sure that we start this weekend, this week off with a great prank phone call. I don't want us to start off mediocre. So we are looking through the archives as here we go. Can you do my makeup? Can you do my makeup?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 9: There's a lot of makeups ladies out there, makeup artists.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thats the job so well. They do the job so well.
Speaker 9: The glam squads and you know, they have it now where you can call them and they'll come to you and put the makeup on you, and people doing that for their weddings and whatnot. But can you do my makeup? And but my makeup is uh, not on my face. It's not on my face.
Speaker 5: As you get.
Speaker 8: Can you do my makeup? I just want you to do the job.
Speaker 9: Don't worry about where we're gonna put it at Okay, can you do my makeup cat dog if you would?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 10: Hello, manw to uh Brandy. Yes, this is Brandy Brandon. My name is Carl. I'm calling. I got a You can't highly recommend it. You actually you're you actually are. I'm sorry. I don't know if I'm saying it as a makeup artists, makeup styleist, what do you call it?
Speaker 14: It's makeup artists. I'm a professional makeup artists.
Speaker 10: Okay. And you work at the you work with the makeup collar and correct. Okay, listen, I gotta I got a photo shoot coming up and I wanted to see about sometime this week maybe the following week you could actually come and and I hire you to actually make me up for my photo shoot. Is do you do a lot of photo shoots at all or you?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, I sure do. I've been in the business for ten years, so I've been around several photo shoots.
Speaker 10: Okay, good deal. So what's I mean? You have any time this week that I can actually just come in and we can do like a trial run or something.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'll actually be here Friday for about six hours. Will Friday work for you? I'm here, I start at eleven at eleven.
Speaker 10: I mean I could come in like maybe like around three on Friday, if you can you squeeze me in at that time.
Speaker 14: I sure can.
Speaker 10: Okay, what's what's so good? Is there a certain makeup for men? Whatever? It's gonna works out.
Speaker 14: It works out the same as for women in photo shoots. You just need some type of cream, foundation, something to even out the skin tone. Howder you down to take away the oils, cover up any blimishes or anything like that. It's pretty much the same. Of course, you don't get the whole eye shadow and lashes.
Speaker 10: And stuff right right right, right right, Well I'm all that, but I just trying to you know, just trying to look at on camera.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 10: How much makeup have you done as far as men? You know what I mean?
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm very comfortable with it. You'll be fine, trust me.
Speaker 10: That's what I was really worried about it if you were going to be comfortable with it, because I mean, have you done I'm a little conscientious about a few things, you know what I mean? And uh, have you have you how many butts have you done?
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, how many what.
Speaker 10: Like like like butts? You know how many how many butts have you made up?
Speaker 14: I haven't made up any butts, Like are you like.
Speaker 10: You mean like as yeah, I mean because see, I'm actually doing a nude photo shoot and h you know, I got a couple of scratches and you know, some old scars on my butt and you know, like like you said, you know, I'm a little shy about you know, some of that South You could actually hope you can actually make sure that those scars don't show, and you know you say you kind of you know, uh, make sure everything is it doesn't look ellie, you know what I mean. And I just need to get my out.
Speaker 14: Well, but I didn't when I didn't understand what you're talking about. I may not be the makeup art.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 14: I'm not seriously, I'm not gonna do your.
Speaker 10: Okay, but I mean we're just talking about makeup though. I mean, you know you're talking about yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 14: Not about to put my makeup brushes that I use on people's faces on your ad like tell your photographer to like photoshop that.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, That's why I'm coming in to see you on Friday. I want you to do everything and make me up there in the store so I can see what it looks like. I want to see you were.
Speaker 14: Going to come into my job and make me do your like? What are you? What planted? Or where did you think that was gonna work? You cannot come into my job. How are you going to come my job naked? Seriously?
Speaker 10: I mean well, I was gonna wear a robe. I'm not gonna just, you know, walk out there.
Speaker 14: Don't you even think about coming into my job? Who referred you?
Speaker 10: Who talked?
Speaker 14: You need to delete this number?
Speaker 10: Do not.
Speaker 14: I'm not about to get this.
Speaker 10: Job, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 14: Don't want you?
Speaker 10: Why? Why would a problem with what you're doing? What is the problem? You're doing my butt and putting some makeup on it? Now if I need to buy you some brushes, I buy you some brushes and you can take I want you.
Speaker 14: To buy me anything. I don't want you coming into my job. I don't want you calling me ever again to do any kind of work.
Speaker 10: I'm coming in there and I'm now listen, I am.
Speaker 14: A professional makeup artist. Clearly you don't know what that means.
Speaker 10: So professional, then you will take out the part that's bothering you and do the job. Lady. You know what I mean. If my story is on it, I want to clear it.
Speaker 14: Want to call on you before I get real ignorant. I'm not about to finish this conversation. Do not come into my job. Do not call me to do your That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 10: So so so, I guess it's safe to go around and let people know that Brandy is not professional because you can't.
Speaker 14: Do part education is good in the streets to do. You can't go around and tell anybody that I'm not professional. Nobody ever called me to be there. Get some skincare for you, how about that? And then you won't need any makeup.
Speaker 1: I know you did.
Speaker 10: You're not gonna sit here and now start talking about my if I told you some of my deepest secrets to let you know, I want to come in there and get.
Speaker 14: Some mad that when you're bad for telling the stranger your deepest secret.
Speaker 10: Okay, you know what, I'm coming up to your store anyway on Friday, all right, and I'll talk to you a boss. I'll let them know y'all'tn't let it for you.
Speaker 14: You hurt me. Don't come in my job and Look, if I lose my job over your foolishness, I guarantee you will be paying all my bills.
Speaker 10: Okay. The bottom line is I'm coming in there with my robe off Friday. Somebody gonna do my butt. You your manager, you're not coming you know what?
Speaker 14: How about you come up here right now? How could I go ahead and take care of the situation right now? I'm here now?
Speaker 6: Can you come right now?
Speaker 10: I'm up there right now with my roll, am my loan.
Speaker 14: Well, bring bring your butt up here right now. We'll see if your buck gets done.
Speaker 10: I'm not doing it. Okay. Well, the bottom line, who is your manager anyway? What's she at?
Speaker 6: Is she there?
Speaker 14: I am the manager?
Speaker 10: Now what? Okay? See that's what the damn problem is. You've got your little self a little position at your job. Now you're trying to throw your weight around if if a person wants to get their butt done. Okay, look do you see avatar them? People have makeup all on they butt all on their back and every where.
Speaker 14: Not you call them. You call them and ask them to do your butt.
Speaker 10: Don't call me.
Speaker 14: I'm hanging up. Do not call me anymore.
Speaker 10: They gonna make up Artists what are you? Look?
Speaker 14: This conversation is over.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's over because you know what. Let me tell you something. You do you know who you're talking to? Do you know who you're talking to?
Speaker 14: Do you know who you're talking to?
Speaker 10: I know who I'm talking to. I'm talking to Brandy. But do Brandy know who Brandy talking to?
Speaker 14: Clearly somebody who is ignorant.
Speaker 10: Okay, well let me tell you who I am. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Alby Morning Show. You just got pranked by your girlfriend Carmen. You are lie Yay, I'll get off the phone. Why do that?
Speaker 14: I hope nobody's listening.
Speaker 10: I got you good. I got you good.
Speaker 14: Good with the butt, Yeah, for real? Get you some skincare.
Speaker 8: Problem.
Speaker 10: I got one more thing. I got to ask you, what is the baddest And I'm talking about the baddest radio show.
Speaker 14: In the land, all the damn Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: If y'all ain't gonna say it, I'm gonna see it. I did that. I did I did that. Look at any kind of way you want to look at it. I did that. Let me say this.
Speaker 9: I want to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself in New Orleans, Louisiana with the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. As I was down there hosting their step show slash Talent show in Jordan, and I was able to hang out with my wife and watch her be all pink and green for the weekend.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 8: So it was a beautiful thing. So big ups.
Speaker 9: I enjoyed hanging with you Aka's down in New Orleans, and then I left and went to bowl in Green, Kentucky and me and Life Jennings put it down on stage. So thank y'all for coming out to see us laying in the cut, laugh out loud comedy show. That is two Ray in the building, Craig MC the building, and my girl lou Neale in the building. We'll be at the Test week Baby April twenty nine in Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: Tickets available. Read now, all right, nephew.
Speaker 12: Coming up next Strawberry Letter subject pottymouth and smoky clothes.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that, find out what that's all about. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, on work, sex, parenting, or more, Please submit your strawberry letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com. All you have to do is click submit Strawberry letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 8: Yes, it could. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is strawberry letter.
Speaker 12: Thank you nephew. Subject pottymouth and smoky clothes. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm a forty seven year old single mother and I'm a daddy's girl. My mother passed away three years ago, and my ten year old daughter and I had been making sure Papa Bear takes care of himself. He keeps my daughter every other Friday night to give me a break, and they pop popcorn and watch movies. The thought of my dad dating someone new and moving on had not crossed my mind until my daughter told me about Sue. The first time she and Sue met, it was very confusing for my daughter because Sue called my dad Daddy. She said that Sue smoked cigarettes and used a lot of bad words when she talked to Papa Bear. She said Sue played uno with her, but when she tried to watch a movie with her and Papa Bear. He told Miss Sue she had to leave because her smoky clothes, or he had to leave because her smoky clothes caused my kids asthma to flare up. My daughter can be a brat at time, so I waited to meet Sue for myself before I said anything to Papa Bear about what I heard. Well, I met Sue last Sunday, and my daughter wasn't lying at all. Sue smelled like a casino and she was cursing with every other word.
Speaker 8: She said.
Speaker 12: She helped my dad cook dinner and it was really good. So seems like the only good thing about Sue is that she can cook. After we ate, she excused herself to go smoke a cigarette in the driveway. My dad said, I should really put all of my judgment to the side and get to know Sue because she's sweet to him. I do not want Sue in my parents' home calling my daddy daddy. It's way too soon and it's inappropriate in front of my daughter. I hope Dad is going through a phase and he moves on. They don't have anything in common. Do you think my dad will figure that out before.
Speaker 1: They get serious.
Speaker 12: Well, I got news for you, daughter, They are serious. She is cooking for your dad and everything. This is not your business. Your dad, Papa Bear as you call him, is living his life right now. You're the only one who had and at least try to move on. Your dad is moving on, and Sue is the one helping him through it. She may not be the ideal choice for you, or who you would pick for your dad, but your dad likes her.
Speaker 1: Potty mouth and all cigarettes, all of that. He likes her.
Speaker 12: She makes him happy and I do like that he asked Sue to leave when it was affecting your daughter's asthma. But he also needs to let Sue know that her potty mouth is inappropriate in front of his grand baby.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 12: I will say that he should do that, but it's not for you to determine the timetable in which your dad should move on. He has to move at his own pace. It has been three years. But if Sue doesn't start respecting his wishes concerning the baby, you're going to just have to stop letting your baby go over there, because it doesn't sound like Sue is going anywhere, and whatever you do. Please don't try to force your dad to choose between you, your daughter, and Sue, because you will probably get your feelings hurt.
Speaker 1: He likes Sue.
Speaker 12: Steve.
Speaker 7: Well, well, well a specialty letter for me. Right up my alley. We're gonna just go on, get to it, potty mouth and smoke it clothes. Yeah, whatever, that's what your baby don't like, right, that's what your little daughter don't like.
Speaker 8: I don't like you.
Speaker 7: She smell like cigarette. She'd be cussing all the time. Shut show, damn mouth.
Speaker 8: She say that to Sue. That was Sue gonna tell her. Well, you're a forty seven year old single mother. I'm a daddy's girl.
Speaker 7: My mother passed away three years ago, and my ten year old daughter been making sure papa bea'll take care of yourself.
Speaker 8: Every Friday they go together, they have popcorn and movie night.
Speaker 7: And the thought of my dad dating someone new and moving on it ain't cross my mind.
Speaker 8: Well, it ain't cross yo, man.
Speaker 7: It's been on his mind for damn niar three years because see Mama gone, Papa gotta do something now. And then you didn't know none of this until your daughter came in there and told you about this woman named Suit. First time her and Sue met, it was confusing to your daughter, called Sue, called my dad, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, yall through watching that movie, so I can give you something else to watch, Daddy. Now the baby is confused. She said that Sue smoked cigarettes and use a lot of bad words, so obviously the adjectives was coming in before Daddy, like you want to go up these blanky.
Speaker 1: Blank stands, But she said it in that voice.
Speaker 7: Blankety blank, Hey, Daddy, I wish to blank they would Daddy, is that blank movie over with, Daddy.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go.
Speaker 7: Out here smoke this blanky black cigarette, Daddy, because this movie take it too damn long. And he told Sue they tried to watch a movie with her and Papa band. He told Sue she had to leave because us smoking clothes caused my child's asthma. In the flower. My daughter can be a brad at time. So I waited to meet Sue myself before I said something to him about it. Well, I met Sue last Sunday. My daughter wasn't lying. Sue smelled like a casino. She was cussing with every word.
Speaker 10: She said.
Speaker 8: She helped my daddy cook dinner and it was really good. So it seems like the only thing about Sue.
Speaker 7: Is that she can cook. That's where you're wrong at right, Oh, it ain't just a cook it in the kitchen. Sue now doing several things, daddy girl, that you need to hear about. And when we I'm back, I'm gonna tell you what that is. Raise yourself and put your baby in another room.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two.
Speaker 12: Stee's response coming up to today's strawberry letter, potty Mouth and Smoky Clothes at twenty three minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening hard Morning show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is potty mouth and smoky clothes.
Speaker 7: Well, it's forty seven year old single mother. Uh lost her mother and her father's she's a daddy's girl and they lost her mother, which is his wife, three years ago. Well, to make sure that they okay, her and her daughter been going over that, checking on Papa Bear, make sure everything's okay. So every other Friday, just give you a break. Your daddy has you bring your daughter over and they watch movies together. They have popcorn all that's going good now. You never thought that your daddy would start seeing somebody, even after three years. I don't know how much time you think you take it over somebody, That don't mean you over them, But it's time to move on because life does continue. You didn't know she was dating somebody, he was gonna see somebody else until your daughter came in and told you about Sue.
Speaker 8: Sue is this woman that smokes a.
Speaker 7: Lot and cuts all the time, and you know you don't think that's appropriate, but you think your daughter's a brat, So you waited to meet him for your first self, to meet him the first time yourself where you finally met Sue, and guess what you're said about Sue. You said, Sue smelled just like a casino Dindy came back and said she was cussing every other word, and then you said that seemed like the only good thing about Sue is that she can cook. She helped my dad cook dinner and it was really good. Now, I seem like all that Sue can do is cook. That's where you're wrong. That's all you've seen what Sue do. Sue did what she could do in front of you. And the baby, which was cook. But what Sue dally do it ain't for you and the baby. Papa bear in that laying it down, God, Papa being there, Papa bear in there putting it on goldielocks, Papa Bear you know Winny the pool drop off, honey.
Speaker 8: And he the whole jaw, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: And then your daddy said, you really ought to put all your judgment to the side and get to know Sue because she is sweet to him.
Speaker 8: Now listen to this sentence. He is sweet. She is sweet to him. That key word is sweet to him.
Speaker 7: What it's the cigarette smoking, cussing woman doing that could be sweet to your daddy. Now you being a daddy girl, you ain't gonna want to hear this. But they in their nicked so well, really, your daddy niked pants down around his ankle. All he got to do is laid back. She pulled the pants off around his ankle. Sweet to it, Hey, daddy girl, she in that doing things, And your daddy got your daddy jumping up on the ceiling like a cat in a cartoon. All folk claws dug into the ceiling. They're they're doing things to Fitty. She ain't fitted no more in the bed and then come up on all folk corners. That's how sweet she is to him. And then you sitting up in here and sue because and I don't want sue in my parents' house. Calling my daddy daddy, well, it ain't the same daddy. You got them two different daddies. When you call him daddy, it's parental. When she called him daddy is consentual. Yeah, you call him daddy is parental. She called him daddy is concentual as in consentual sense.
Speaker 8: You can beat daddy when you bring it it.
Speaker 7: Spank me, oka, put some punishment on me, make me do right, make me do what you want me to do.
Speaker 8: I said yes, you say no, we.
Speaker 7: Still do it anyway. That's what a daddy do. Daddy pick you up and speing you round. And what daddy do? Daddy fry bacon? And what daddy do? Daddy put you on the merry go round. Yeah, that what daddy do? Yeah, daddy pick you up and throw you up in the air and catch you. That's what daddy. That's why she called him daddy. Then she say it's way too soon, and it's appropriate in front of my daughter. It's been three years. Three damn years. That's over a thousand days. It's too soon for who And it's inappropriate in front of your daughter.
Speaker 8: No, it's not.
Speaker 7: Your daughter needs to know that life goes on. I hope dad is going through a phase and he moves on.
Speaker 8: Well he, Oh what phase is it?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 7: Forty seven? You forty seven? Ain't no phase? He writing the last chapter.
Speaker 8: That's a good one. Now there ain't nothing left next sept.
Speaker 10: D n.
Speaker 8: To leave Daddy alone. They don't have anything in common? Oh, yes they do.
Speaker 7: Do you think my dad will figure that out before they get seious? Sirreley said it best. They're already seriously. They're so seriously over there cooking and calling him daddy. How you think she got to calling him daddy because some serious stuff didn't happening.
Speaker 8: Now I've been called daddy before. It feels so good, Daddy and Poppy.
Speaker 1: That does something to you, guys, doesn't it?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Listening up on Instagram?
Speaker 7: You ain't figuring nothing now, your daddy in the high hell? That good, right, Steve Harvey, they're both in that cussing.
Speaker 5: Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: You can also check out the Strawberry Letter podcast.
Speaker 12: On demand of coming up next, it is Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show, and it's time now for junior and Sports talk.
Speaker 4: What you got junior playoff basketball? That's what I got, Shirley. Let me tell you it's good too off. Now this this basketball, now, I ain't letting nobody make it now. Now they filing. Now you ain't going to the whole dunkin no more. Oh, we had some great games on the weekend. I don't know if y'all saw it, Timmy, but the seventy six is over the nets one twenty one to one on one. And let me tell you that the James Harden went went straight craize out there work. He went to work.
Speaker 8: Man, he's and guess who who used to play for? Sin't Nobody asked that that ain't.
Speaker 4: Got it's not our team. He's not on our team.
Speaker 8: Well, why you brought him up first?
Speaker 5: And you said what I just said?
Speaker 9: He just had aggressive Anybody said, yeah, what y'all do missing though?
Speaker 8: Cleveland do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: We finna get that Cleveland is in the playoffs? Okay, where they are in the playoffs. They lost to the k next time in one on one to ninety seven. Yeah, man, yeah, yeah, they lost to the Knicks. Man, But Jalen Brunson went to work as well. And you know what, man, I gotta give it to. Come on, y'all, y'all got a shot at this. You think y'all gonna get this one.
Speaker 8: We're gonna beat the Knicks, We ain't going to after that.
Speaker 4: That's where it stops at.
Speaker 8: You're gonna beat the Knicks. Win on Xbox win. Wait, are we gonna beat the Knicks in this series? Right here? Well, we know who ain't in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we got that best.
Speaker 8: That's the damn show. We know who ain't on with when name extra? There is another good game?
Speaker 4: Man, Well to say good game, it was. They turned out to be closer than it should have been, but the Celtics over the Hawks won twelve to ninety nine.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: It just looked like Jason Tatum man just he just he just looks like the best player in the playoffs right now. He just is out there just battled man and even even even Jaylen Brown Man with the split finger open he he put down twenty nine. So it's gonna be a good serious watch. But here's the one that shocked me. These Warriors and Kings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just see that game, man, Yeah, Man, don't don't be surprised to all the Kings is top deer fox.
Speaker 5: That's all like a Malik Monk.
Speaker 4: But I didn't know this boy was the second leading closer out of games in the NBA. This dear fox, This boy dropped thirty nine points. Man, he was not playing in the fourth quarter. Step them did they think step finished with thirty? But it was close, It was It was close. It was a good game. So I'm gonna be watching that series. And then also, finally, man, we want to give a shout out to my man, Mike Brown, head coach of the Kings, because he is now the NBA Coach of the Year.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: He brought the boys back. That was the Kings first win in a playoff.
Speaker 8: And he used to be the assistant coach at Golden State.
Speaker 4: At Golden State and that was they first win Man in seventeen years. Man, So Mike Brown, Man, congratulations, NBA Coach of the Year. This NBA playoffs is gonna be different.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: They're not giving up. They're not giving up nothing in the paint now. Now, all season they was they're not doing it right now.
Speaker 8: They're still giving it up. And one more time Cleveland lost.
Speaker 4: They lost one on one to ninety seventh.
Speaker 8: Time you say, you say Houston is well to go?
Speaker 12: Coming up to the tas A few questions for Steve from Steve HARVEYFM. Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning Show. All right, Steve, this one's for you from Joanne in Tennessee. Joanne says, my husband and I went on a trip with two other couples. Me and one of the wives went to the spot and the otherwise stayed in a cabin until the husbands fixed our dinner. When I got back to the cabin, the woman was wearing my husband's shirt.
Speaker 8: He says.
Speaker 12: She got chili while she was out checking on the barbecue, so he let her wear it. Her husband didn't seem to mind. Was I the only crazy person there? This incident rubbed me the wrong way? Why does she have my husband's shirt on?
Speaker 7: God Valie because your husband gave it to us, Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Imagine.
Speaker 8: Now let me ask you a questions.
Speaker 7: The barbecue at Charles's cabin and everybody else was over there charles cabin or was.
Speaker 8: It one cabinet, one big cabin. Well, then if it's one big cabinet, where her husband damn shirt?
Speaker 6: They did? They did it?
Speaker 8: I got that, What the.
Speaker 7: Hell is your husband being Captain Saber for exactly?
Speaker 1: I'm sure all.
Speaker 9: Those questions my wife would came back here, you'd have been cold in hell, you wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Have my damn shirt shirt right now, and her husband would have been standing up here with no shirt on.
Speaker 8: I would have walked in.
Speaker 2: You didn't bring a jacket, you didn't pack your own, You got to wear my mans shirt.
Speaker 8: You didn't get nothing from from no while, you got dogs while you were and where her husband's other shirt.
Speaker 7: First of all, I'm not volunteering to help your wife and you. But the only time I did that was in the gym. One time a girl was lifting some weights and she was going across the floor and she got stuff.
Speaker 8: Her husband was over there.
Speaker 7: I went over there and take the bar off the lady next because she looked at her knaves was buckling. You know, he told me, no, dog, you pick up your weight, you carry you weight, don't help her no more. I see, okay, yeah, yeah, I thought you wasn't supposed to let this woman all with this way, die man, it's talking about you gotta pick her weight up. You don't hear a personal training, You get your weight pick up. Don't help her no more? Steve she good. I said, Okay, you're stupid. Last time I was ever in the gym with that couple ever.
Speaker 9: You know what, matter of fact, we wouldn't have let her leave. She wouldn't have stayed there with us while we cooking. You got to go with them, Yeah, you got to go.
Speaker 12: With all the men and the women are leaving. No, don't care how well you were ready, Where are you going?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say that what you love?
Speaker 8: I know how to make potatoes with him?
Speaker 12: All right, here's one. This one's from Serena and Jefferson City. Sita says, I've been married four times and I'm cool with my three ex husbands. I have children by all of them, so I still see them often as we try to be good co parents.
Speaker 10: She says.
Speaker 12: My new husband, the fourth one, does not have a relationship with his ex wife at all, and he doesn't understand why I tolerate my exes. He acted like it wasn't a big deal before we said I do. But now he's upset whenever I have to deal with an ex. Why did he change?
Speaker 7: No, I don't know why I change. It's just too much. Everybody got a baby, everybody got another dad.
Speaker 8: It's just too much. He's just sitting up there. One day. He just got to do in the math. Let me see that boy.
Speaker 7: Everybody come over here and slept with her, and everybody come over here, gotta say something in my house.
Speaker 8: I'm tired of this stuff. My we ain't doing it no more. Don't bring your ass over here.
Speaker 1: That's like Andre and Jeffrey. I'm ready to love Tommy.
Speaker 8: Quit being you, quit being friendly with everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, he on my head, but he knew it going in. Though he knew it going in.
Speaker 7: See everybody get the first Friday, All y'all over here one time. Then I ain't got to see y'all ass for three weeks. But no, this one got this Friday. That one got that Friday. If the kids can't playing nothing together, because here comes somebody that took one on them out.
Speaker 8: All right, come here, your brother going. That ain't my brother who dead it? That that's somebody else that did it.
Speaker 5: But now y'all got in.
Speaker 8: My dad over the other got it? Come an he don't come over to two Friday from now.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning shows.
Speaker 12: So, guys, we partnered with Olay Body Lotion Spring for the chance to win one thousand dollars. Olay Hi Your luronic body lotion nourishes skin with an all day hydration situation going on. So transform your skin this spring with Olay Body Lotion. Ninety five percent of women have visibly smoother skin in just seven days when used two times a day. Also try Olay Hi Youaluronic body wash. To enter and get rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com and you might transform your spring with.
Speaker 1: One thousand dollars. I'll say it again, one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yeah, Okay again Yeah, I said.
Speaker 12: Visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com and you might transform your spring with one thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: That's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Money, Spring, It will as.
Speaker 12: A lot with that, right, g Yes, thank you, Oil of Olay, Thank you Oil O Late.
Speaker 1: It is a lot of money, Steve. Why are you looking like that?
Speaker 8: Awesome, there's plenty of money.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you black out?
Speaker 7: No, it's just a lot of money. I just felt like it was enough, people saying it was a lot of money. I don't want to come across the sound phony.
Speaker 1: You don't want to chime.
Speaker 8: That's a whole lot of money. Who thought it is?
Speaker 1: It's all relative, you know that when you need a thousand dollars?
Speaker 12: Ain't mad at that oil of olay coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll do around I would you rather right after this?
Speaker 1: You're listening Hardy Morning show. It is time now guys for around him? Would you rather?
Speaker 12: Would you rather and bomb bodies for a living b B B? Or do hair and makeup?
Speaker 8: Nothing to do your hair? Makeup?
Speaker 6: So good?
Speaker 8: A headlin?
Speaker 7: Oh? Did ask me? Just as cute? It be cute, all funny looking one two? But either way it's gonna be a good ass funeral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd rather do that than in mama?
Speaker 6: Who is that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Let's show daddy.
Speaker 10: Not who is that?
Speaker 8: What did you do to him? Why am I daughter?
Speaker 9: So like?
Speaker 8: I tried a different makeup on it? You don't like it?
Speaker 4: You can't for the closed the door in a minute.
Speaker 8: Ask Carol on my daddy, ask curl. If I do either one, it's gonna be a closed casket. Either way I do no, no, open mind.
Speaker 7: Mine gonna be mine. If I'm gonna put in cycling into I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Send a scene up in the cast.
Speaker 8: You got to go up there and look at this. But why is my daddy hair her day? I'm telling you I thought it was looking nice. You gotta con this is what I do. Let me do me all right?
Speaker 12: Would you rather ride greyhound from New York to l A? Okay, think about that from New York to l A. Or would you rather fly naked in a coach seat?
Speaker 8: Now I'm gonna get on that bus.
Speaker 4: I'm getting the bus.
Speaker 7: No, I haven't done that before. Yeah, that's a hello ride material. When you get off that bus. Though, by the time you get to l A, you got the whole new show.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: You get it from the prisons in the back of the bus. You get them prisoners back there on that great hound boy.
Speaker 8: Prisons at the back of the bush. They get out of jail.
Speaker 4: No, sorry, like h really, I don't know when they get out of jail. They get they get a bus ticket, Yeah, they got a trash bag.
Speaker 8: I'm in coach. What I will say this.
Speaker 2: I was on a flight one time and the prisoner was all the way in the back and they had them in shackles.
Speaker 1: In the movies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought that was before and spoke to me hanging there, all right, got your boy on here though?
Speaker 11: Up?
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve bro.
Speaker 1: All right with you, guys?
Speaker 12: Rather stop lying for ten dollars? Stop lying? No more lies, no more lies? Or would you rather stop using profanity? Stop cussing for five million? Which one I haven't figure how.
Speaker 8: To get that ten?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but when I get that, you know, I'm I'm gonna be no, but I'm I'm gonna be by myself after that team if.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm not gonna participate in this one.
Speaker 1: Hi, you have for you because you cannot stop lying, It's no way that's today rounded.
Speaker 8: Would you rather wait?
Speaker 12: We'll come back and close out the show at forty nine minutes after right after.
Speaker 1: This you're listening hardy Morning show.
Speaker 12: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day, and before we get to the closing, Steve, we just want to send our prayers out again to the city of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, in light of the tragic shootings that took place there Saturday night.
Speaker 1: We're praying for Louisville.
Speaker 12: I mean, this just happened right after last week's mass shooting there, so you know, yeah, this cannot become the norm. It just cannot. Our prayers are also going out to Dadeville, Alabama. It's about forty five minutes away from Montgomery. There was also a mass shooting there at a sixteenth birthday party, so just you know sixteen.
Speaker 7: There's also a scripture that says faith without works is dead. You know, I'm not saying we're not to pray for people because we shoot. We should never cease with prayer, but we keep praying about the same thing, but we don't do nothing about it. Faith without works is dead. We're not passing gun laws, we're not offering up any consequences because half the time the consequences are way too late. A lot of these people that do these mass shootings turn around turn the gun on theyself so that you get no justice from anything. And we just keep repeating ourselves in this country, man, this country is sick. But you know what, this country is doing what it always does. This country is never in for the cure. We're only in it for the treatment. Our country, our medical system is designed for treatment. It's not designed to cure. It's just not for the most part.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 7: And they have no plans of curing so many things because they make so much money off treatment. So you know, look, our heart goes out, our prayers go out again. But like I said, until we do something about it, man, we just gonna keep repeating this vicious cycle. It doesn't make any sense. It just doesn't make any sense. Man, show me how it makes sense.
Speaker 8: It don't.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm sorry to the families. And all you left with is a bunch of us strangers saying to you, we'll offer you our condolencens and our prayers. All you got is a flag being flown half mass somewhere. All you got is a news reporter reporting the story so the people aren't forgot. All you got is the same Democrats screaming for gun control, and you got the same Republicans saying no, over and over and over and over again. And here we are again today, another mass shooting in Louisville again, another one in Dade, Alabama.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 7: It'll be one next month, and a month after that, and a month after that because our country does nothing about it. We're not doing anything about racism. It just continues. We give permits for hate groups to have parades down streets that we pay taxes for, to allow them to come down the street to tell us how much they hate us and how devalued we are. And we have a system that allows that. We could do a simple thing as to stop passing out permits to hate groups to have the right to assimilate and promote their cause. But see, here's the thing. If you got the right to speech, the right to freedom of speech, and the right to come down my street to tell me how much you hate me because you a skin head or you a clan member, then I reserve the right to issue out the consequences for coming down my street to tell me how much you hate me. See, if you got freedom of speech, then you know you got to understand it's gonna be if you got to be free for the consequences too. Don't start leaning on the law when you come down the street and we crack you upside your head, because today we don't feel like being told how much you hate us and how black people ain't this, and how black people ain't that, And you're gonna march down the street to tell us, now, hey, man, I'm tired of giving these clothing like this, I really am. I'm tired of it because it's the same thing. It don't make no sense. It's ridiculous. I feel foolish as a person who has a microphone. I feel extremely foolish to have to say the same thing to the people who listen to us, who lift to who listen to us for inspiration, motivation, information, and then some entertainment, and then at the end of the show, we got to do this and when we get through, they not gonna change nothing. I want to say something to Republicans, just for a second. You have every right to be republican. Republican, I actually happen to agree with some of the values that you have as Republicans. I happen to agree with a lot of the values they have as Democrats. But I've discovered something. I don't really care for the far right, and I don't really care for the far left.
Speaker 8: I just don't but for you.
Speaker 7: Base secret Republicans who keep getting snow jobbed with the basics of your party. But that Second Amendment that you all hold so firmly too, it needs mending. So we can stop some of these murders in this country. And how you don't see that, I just don't get it. So the beat goes on. Hearts go out to Louisville House, go out today, Alabama, and we'll be doing this again next week, in the following month, and every month after that until we do something different. You keep doing what you've been doing, You're gonna keep getting what you've been getting. I don't know how nobody see that. Y'all have a great day, man.
Speaker 10: For all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey contacts snow purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US resident it's at least eighteen years old unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.