Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two eighty three, Episode two of Dirdy's Guys Say production of iHeart Radio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into the mary Go Share consciousness.
Speaker 2: And it is Tuesday, April.
Speaker 1: Eighteenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Four twenty minus two is what we called out here. But also National Animal Crackers Day. Shout out the animal crackers. Love that.
Speaker 1: I remember that your animal crackers ready for four to twenty the least saying food to munch on with that cotton mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll just turn your mouth into dust. And then also I just remember because we were talking about like linement TikTok about like women who go after like electrical lignment. It's also National Lineman Appreciation Day, not like O line in football, like people who work on the power line. Wait, women who go after them. This might have been when I was out, but this is like a whole TikTok thing about like people who are like, oh they're what were they calling them? Beck, I know you, I know you, I know you remember it was like they're on them like line hose or basket holes or something, because like open the basket and they're like they just want them for their good pay and stuff like that about.
Speaker 3: What I actually don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You don't remember this like light on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I remember them, Miles, Okay.
Speaker 2: You remember that, Sam remembers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm okay, okay, good, all right, as long as Sam's with me.
Speaker 2: But yes, anyway, all that to say, it's April eighteen. All right, well my name is my birthday. Sorry I had to chime in, like you went hard all weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh my streaming birthday is April eighteen.
Speaker 2: Were you just smoking like filterless reds like Marlboro Reds or something.
Speaker 1: You're streaming in a disco club.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I get it. Hey, get in where you fit.
Speaker 1: In most importantly, Happy birthday, super producer Becca Rams. Yeah, my name's Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co.
Speaker 2: Host, mister Miles. Come on now, it's just me big Daddy Gray up in here. The Lord of Lancasham is here. And also look I will I will see my akad to just reinforced one more time. Happy birthday to the Voiceless One aka Becca Ramos, shout out to you on your birthday today.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it sounds cool to me. Actually, her voice sounds great.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it sounds like this, like the kind of voice you thought was like an edgy girl from high school. Like, there's this girl in my high school smoked a ton of cigarettes and her voice is graspy, and I was like, dude, her voice is like You's like, she's cool. She's cool because she smokes so many cigarettes. So anyway, shout out to you. Also, do your taxes miles we are unless you're in La County, fam, because we got to October because of the disaster.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Yeah, yeah, shout out La County.
Speaker 2: Shout out.
Speaker 1: Sure to be joined in our third seat by one of the hosts of Stuff Mom Never Told You, returning one of our favorites, also now co author of the upcoming Stuff Mom Never Told You book.
Speaker 2: It's Samantha McMath. What's I am?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm How do you answer that question anymore? I'm here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're doing it. You breathe right, That's that's all we can ask. That's how how are your breaths? How is your breathing?
Speaker 3: If we're going to lower the short shallow a little bit pace right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, shortened shallows.
Speaker 2: I love how dark is your recording space.
Speaker 3: So I made a whole space and I've got a whole like sound blanket. Also, I just like to be a floating head. I think that's fun. Guess when they're very scared by the very washed out, washed out face and the floating head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just pitch darkness.
Speaker 3: It makes for a good conversation.
Speaker 2: What was the dude called in Pee Wee's Peelee's Playhouse that was like the disembodied head in the box like mecha laicha heineyh. Yeah, that's you're giving me that with the floating head or.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to be that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm getting Bohemian Rhapsody video like the tight shots.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing the death Row source album cover.
Speaker 1: Also, this is important album cover. So Sam, you're you're in Atlanta, I am.
Speaker 2: What's good?
Speaker 1: You have to pay your taxes today. Unlike the rest of us on this podcast.
Speaker 3: We're not cool and don't have an extension unless we file for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we got a little bit of rain in that one was a legit.
Speaker 3: I saw those videos.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a little yeah yeah yeah. So but it was wild too because when like when I was reading a thing, it's like I was like, surely, like we're not part of that, But I was like, no, La County is one of the counties that has a disaster extension.
Speaker 1: I guess there you go. All right, Sam, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First, we're gonna tell our listener to a couple of things we're talking about today. Roger Stone is mining the far right extremist message boards four ideas, and he thinks that Donald Trump should pick Robert Kennedy Junior for his running mate, just to do your own research ticket that I don't know that people are nervous about. This be interesting. He's already running for the Democratic president, Like, he's already thrown his name in the hat as a presidential candidate as a Democrat.
Speaker 2: So ah, yes, yes, yes, good good.
Speaker 1: We are going to talk about Tucker Carlson wanting to invade Canada. He seems to like think this is either a really funny bit or he really wants to because now he has a whole documentary out about it. Harlan prow has finally spoke and just yeah, he's just a regular guy.
Speaker 2: His side from the mega donor's mouth.
Speaker 1: Hey he first of all, he's he's not he didn't inherit. He's no nepo baby, he's a he made his own money by taking over his dad's giant real estate company.
Speaker 2: Oh here's here's the thing. I inherit did these bootstraps. Okay, thank you, but I did lift myself that.
Speaker 1: Needed pulling one. So we're gonna talk about it. We're gonna talk about the miles you've been on a real AI kick. The AI music world has you.
Speaker 2: It has you so much, it's it's so wild, it has my fucking imagination doing loops and and I will I will show you why because it's getting more and more sophisticated.
Speaker 1: We might talk about baby Shark, we might talk about tupperware, all of this plenty more. But first, Sam, we like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: All right, So y'all know I do an intersexual podcast, right, So that means I do a lot of really sad things, because everything is sad right now when it comes to intersexual feminism. But We're also doing a whole episode about k pop soon. So my last research was about the dark side of K pop.
Speaker 2: Oom like what like the like what happens I come onto shows like this and then I've become the a zach pessimistic asshole. I know, I know, I want to know. I know how dark J pop, Japanese pop is like in terms of the organizational structure of some of these groups that to me look like plantations for like you know, for artists or whatever. But is that I'm guessing it's something similar where they're like, you are not you. You are our cog that we tell to do what to do, and if you complain, you will be shit canned and then.
Speaker 3: Good luck exactly like I would think cancel culture is actually a real thing for K pop, and I guess jpop people when it's like audiences don't like you, you're gone and you're gone forever. But yeah, essentially, there's a lot of like sexual assault allegations within the within their sexual abuse, a lot of abuse in general. Like there was one video of a really big band who are being beaten by their manager.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so there you go. Happy days kop.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay, no, no, no, good to know, good to know. When's that episode dropping?
Speaker 3: H that's gonna be a while because now we're talking about, you know, all the bad things about Christianity and white white nationalism.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we were just talking about how spooky ghost stories are being used to gotcha the pro choice people where they're like, Jesus Is Mary's tummy touched John the Baptist and he jumped, so get the fuck out of here to their mom belly.
Speaker 3: That's a new story.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, yeah, you didn't know that. I don't know. I went to man. I went to Bible ass school from K through twelve, and I never heard about baby bumping between Mary and I think John the Baptist mother, don't forget her name. I had heard that one.
Speaker 1: That must be like a real favorite of the Catholics that like he really yeah, like I just remember like the phrasing of like and then he did, like he leapt in her womb.
Speaker 2: Right right, And that's why abortion is evil? Thank you? Oh yeah, they got a ton of last Women are people though, And I mean, look, we could go to Adam and Eve. I'm mean it's right there from the beginning.
Speaker 3: Women are the worst.
Speaker 1: You did a nice little floor routine with an amazing dismount in her womb and then everybody was impressed, and yes.
Speaker 2: That's what it reads and wow, yeah, gold medalist John the Bath stuck the landing as it should. What is something you think is overrated? Oh god?
Speaker 3: Do you y'all ask me these questions and I'm like, I don't know everything. One of the biggest things I guess is right now, socializing being around people. So this is a stretch for me, hanging out with more than one person that's my host, this is co host. This is a stretch.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Not that you guys are overrated, no, sounds like that, but just talking to people in general is tiresome.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Can we say that way?
Speaker 2: What kind of what? What sort of interactions have you been having that that fall into this category?
Speaker 3: Well, people are actually having birthday parties and getting married. I don't I don't understand, so I'm having to go to that. I don't want to do this.
Speaker 2: It's a general merriment. You're like, what the fucking in general? Yes, yeah, I was. The pandemic allowed me to go full curmudgeon and now, yeah, you're slowly emerging. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Living my best life. I'm not gonna lie. Sorry, not not the disease, but pandemic.
Speaker 1: It's been isolated the well.
Speaker 2: I mean for people like me who didn't know how to say no to social invitations. That was like a welcomed pause and things, because before I'd be like, fuck, I gotta go to this thing, and then this other thing, and then now I yeah, now now I'm now I'm saying no more. But I am. I went to three I went to three birthdays out of park. Like in the last three consecutive weekends. It's been pretty wow, pretty solid. What what's something you think is underrated? Underrated? See again?
Speaker 3: So I had originally like minding your own business because I'm seeing a lot of drama, But then at the same time, I kind of enjoyed the drama, so I'm like, uh, is it really But yeah, okay, so what wait?
Speaker 2: So it is minding your business?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will go with that now. But at the same time, minding your business but enjoying it from the outside.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: Okay? So yeah, lurking, lurking is lurking?
Speaker 3: Yea, oh god, that makes me sound like.
Speaker 2: You're not inserting well, I mean, but that's like an Internet term when you like, you look at websites, but you don't engage.
Speaker 1: In the conversation. You're just lurking, like on that is.
Speaker 3: That is my Twitter persona, That is my social media persona.
Speaker 2: I will say, oh, okay, yeah, yeah, so lurkers of the world unite. You know, sometimes you just want to watch people fight and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, but stay in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't have to be part of it.
Speaker 1: I like to post that neighborhood watch thing. That's the only thing I post on any social media platform. But I just put it up there to let people know they're always under my watchful eye.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I accidentally got is one of the admin just because my neighborhood didn't have a page. I didn't know this, So you like, if you don't have a page, if you get two or three people to come on, and then because you're one of the first people, you become an admin for it. So I did not that that was the worst way for me to be on the neighborhood next door page.
Speaker 1: Yeah in the world, you're a mom for your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to ignore it. Now, but like I would get notifications and be like do you accept this post? I was like, this is the worst. They have too much time on their hands.
Speaker 2: Right, They're like they're scared of a Pride flag and they're going to call the police on the flag, not the homeowner this flag. I don't know. I don't know what it's up to. What do you guys think? I need your input? Wait when you say the Neighborhood Watched, which one do you mean Jack the weird eye or the dude in like the trench code who has like the mass in.
Speaker 1: The trench code, who has like this one? Yeah, he has on a very angular fedora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what is the like? Who is like? Where did this come from? That? We're like, look out for this guy the man in Yeah, right, is he a ham and do you have a trench? I mean he has very angular clothing on. I don't know if he's very very angular.
Speaker 1: His eyes stopped like his face stops right below his eyes, I think, and he I've actually got a spec script that I'm working on or the National Neighborhood Watch logo Shared Universe Cinematics.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, there was that movie that they had to take down because of well, the shootings, but didn't was it seth Rogan? Didn't they try to do like a comedic movie based on Neighborhood Watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was called Neighborhood Watch and then they changed it to Watch or The Watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they had postpone it because of all the ship that went down.
Speaker 1: So that movie comes up a lot because it's one of super producer Ana Josier's favorite comedic Russian nesting dolls for the first time each one comes out and his mind just blown by each successive Russian nesting.
Speaker 2: He's just just like, I can't get over the concept. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that was a movie called Neighborhood Watch and then it came out as The Watch. Yeah, someone actually watched it. Some moments, has its moments, which is all I looked for in a comedy. Give me one scene, give me sticks in my brain and I'm yours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, very low bar, the lowest of bars. We're just like I had that one, did you like for me? I'm like, I only know that scene because it was just shown to me in isolation, right, And I was like, and that's why I was like, oh I know that part. I don't know what the fucking movie is about that, So I was like, oh, the Vince Vaughn rushing nestingal movie. But I didn't realize there was any controversy attached to the Yeah, I mean our great Maga laureate Vince.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was around the Trayvon thing because it yeah fucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I think it also has like an alien plot line.
Speaker 3: Why not, as all of them should.
Speaker 2: Don't limit yourself with your ideas, please just put it. Some extraterrestrials always spices things up. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll talk some news, we'll get into it. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: All right, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And Roger Stone has an idea, has a pitch to save Trump's twenty twenty four election. I don't know if it needs saving, but his pitch bringing. Robert F. Kennedy Junior recently filed the paperwork to run for president in twenty twenty four as a Democrat. He is a rabbit anti vaxer who recently penned a book called The Real Anthony Fauci. And I think it's an unauthorized I don't think he had the cooperation of Anthony. It's on his sub stack. Yeah, also suggested that in that book, and Frank was better off than American's under supposed vaccine mandates because she could at least hide from the Nazis, so all reasonable, open to alternative points of view. And yeah, he's basically been disowned by his family. Doesn't have a chance in the Democratic race, but some are suggesting that his presidential bid would work out better if he joined up with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting, I mean, because what right now you got it's him, It's only him and Mary Anne Williamson. I think that have actually set out for the nomination as of right now against Joe Biden. Oh, I don't know. Maryann Williamson is back. Yeah, oh yeah, big Orbs, the ORB gang is back in the building, get ready for Vibe, the Vibe Presidency of twenty four. But yeah, I don't know. It's like, it's just wild how much his entire family hates him too. Like he's he's like this, you know, he's been ousted from his own family, although his wife, Cheryl Hines from Curb Your Enthusiasm, still sticking by him, Still sticking by him. That's crazy. What is he? What's he exactly? He just think is like, this is how he's gonna be able to like split the vote to get independence by having RFK junior.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, I think that's the idea is just get that there's enough people who you know, the pandemic just kind of broke them and now the they are just anti vacs across the board. And he is the only politician running who speaks to that very specific demo.
Speaker 2: So he's I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things that bubbles up, like the all right wing talking points. I feel like to be a luminary on the right. Not only that you know, incredibly easy to find an audience, but it's also incredibly easy to do your job because you just search the Nazi chat rooms and then steal talking points from them. That where this has been a big idea for a while on like substack and all the not.
Speaker 2: Right just to a finder replace for that and replace arian with patriots yes, and then exact people get the point, you know what I mean. I'm reading this part that he that from the Roger Stone substack speaking of substacks, where he's essentially saying one thing is certain. However, the selection of RFK as vice president would silence those within the Republican Party who are today critical in retrospect of Trump's handling of the COVID nineteen pandemic, as well as building a bridge for thousands of Democrats and independence disgusted by Biden's fumbling foreign policy and the implication of the collapse of US economic dominance to vote for Trump. Okay, so I think he's basically saying, hey, if you do this, even though you get booed Donald Trump for bringing up the vaccine, if you hire RFK, the human embodiment of anti vaxers, that that will help your cred with those people that you may have pissed off. I guess and others who are like, yeah, RFK, who like all I know are the worst takes, is going to be the one to shepherd the United States into Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's very confusing how that would work with Trump, you know, claiming victory over the pandemic because of his work in Operation Warpspeed getting the vaccine through, and then RFK being like and thank you just to springboard off the vaccine. The vaccine was a pandemic to try and kill you, and you know, like it doesn't really make like any practical sense whatsoever. It feels like one of those things where they're just looking at demos and being like, yeah, this would hit.
Speaker 3: Is Roger Stone still helping with Trump's.
Speaker 1: Stuff, help contributing.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's just posting things because he's yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, okay, look, okay, he's kind of like an in cel hiding in the corner.
Speaker 2: But for Trump, he's lurking. But he's but he's not, but he's not. Actually he's not minding his business either for the.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's not on my level.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, he would have just said this stuff in private. But he does too much cocaine to not you know, have his sub stack be blank obviously allegedly, But yeah, I think that hearing like his like family, like his his one brother, uh, like Rory said when they ask about his brother, like this is a difficult situation for me. I love my older brother Bobby. He has extraordinary charisma and is a gifted speaker. You know. I admire his past work as an environmentalist. Because of him, we can swim in the Hudson. But due to a wide range of his positions, I'm supporting President President Biden. His other sister just said, I prefer not to talk about him, So yeah, I don't know. I mean, maybe him and Mary Anne Williamson can team up or something and just completely confuse everybody. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Tucker Carlson seems to be serious about wanting to invade Canada, at least serious enough to make a big documentary about it. This is his follow up to the End of Men, which was a documentary that he released that got a lot of attention. We should probably do like a deep dive into the End of Men.
Speaker 2: I think, wasn't it just like him on a horse a lot? I don't know. I feel like that was like the main takeaway from that. It's like, I don't know, he must think being on a horse is like cool or something. Yeah, tell you.
Speaker 1: Man up right, well, speaking of men on a horse, you know, Canada has the Mounties and Tucker Carlson thinks we could take him. Maybe he's just like jealous of their horse charisma, like they're they've got.
Speaker 3: Why does he hate Canada so much?
Speaker 2: He? I don't know, he thinks that they.
Speaker 1: I think he basically got real into the trucker convoy and like real hyped up on that being a thing that he could kind of run with for a while, and so he has adopted all of their talking points, and he's claiming that the US has an obligation to liberate Canada from tyranny. Intercuttings of Justin Trudeau with news footage from the invasion of Iraq and Libya. So we're gonna give We're gonna do a democracy delivery.
Speaker 2: Is that's what he's asking for. Yeah, hey, destabilizing democracy delivery right at your door, courtesy of the US Army. Oh okay, okay, okay go. Yeah. I didn't realize that we were that it was meant to basically be like Trudeau is this despotic person that must be overthrown. I mean sure, you know, I think most leaders of Western nations can probably be replaced. But I like that. I like this take though, that it's like it's a it's like a moral obligation.
Speaker 1: It's a moral obligation, and citing like military disasters is interesting, you know, just like we did with Iraq. That worked out well, moving on, moving on, I don't think too long about that. The movie's evidence for said tyranny mainly seems to be interviews with anti vaxxers who defied lockdown measures and white supremacists who were part of the Conboy protest protest, by the way, which lasted three weeks before the cops did a fucking thing about it, in case anyone's confused about where the tyranny actually is and who actually has rights in either country, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you're right. Yeah, I'd love to see how do those what do they do with pipeline protests up north there? Yeah, not to handle the same kid gloves.
Speaker 1: Give me three weeks see where they're going with this. Yeah, but yeah, it just generally it also like one of the fictions that has to be invented to make this like version of events pos well is like Justin Trudeau has to be this like really smooth and effective dictator, like who's making things happen behind the scenes. It's just like you know, our writer jam who submitted the stories saying that like this is the coolest that Justin Trudeau has ever looked because he's actually just kind of the ineffectual nice guy. Tucker Carlson's like created these really cool propaganda posters for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like fucking Shepherd fairy made this thing. Yeah, it's pretty like they're trying to do the Obama treatment from like eight. But yeah, hey, look it just why don't you call him like a Nepo baby or something? Right, that's more to the heart of the matter. But I guess maybe maybe better for Tucker Carlson not to say that, because his whole thing's built on an empire. Frozen dinners. Frozen dinners, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, speaking of Nepo babies, we finally got to hear from Harlan Crowe. He'd had just about enough of all this slander, I mean, recently gave an interview to was the Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I wanted to set you wanted to set the fucking record straight about him and his relationship with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Okay, it's fucking it's nothing. It's this whole piece is really it's really something like he clearly has no idea like what it means to be a billionaire and what influence comes along with that, because's like, well, I don't understand, like I'm just hanging out with people. When they ask about the pro public article, he says, quote I think it's a political hit job. He goes on this, I don't think the media really cares much about Harlan crow and I think they're right. They shouldn't care much about Harlan Crowe because I don't want to be outed as someone who is highly influential with my money. Okay, it's a hit job here. Then he says, oh, you know, I think I think the media and this Pro Publica group in particular funded by leftists, has an agendaed a d stable court. Uh huh. What they've done is not truthful, even though like in the Pro Publica thing, they're like, we asked him for comment on all this stuff, and he like was very dismissive of everything and never disputed anything that we reported. So where is the lack of truth there?
Speaker 1: It's not truthful. It lacks integrity very specific words. So what what specifically is he debating or what specifically it's.
Speaker 2: Not so unclear, so unclear. It's like, oh, so you didn't you don't go like you didn't fly him around on your jet. He doesn't deny that you don't go on trips together. He doesn't deny that you didn't buy him like Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglas. Shit doesn't deny that. Then he goes on about like when they ask about what about your relationship with Clarence Thomas? And then this is this is fucking great. He goes quote a lot of people that have opinions about this seem to think that there's something wrong with this friendship. You know, it's possible that people are just really friends. It blows my mind that people assume that because Clarence Thomas has friends, that those friends have an angle. Then he goes on to say Crow says that he is pro choice and Thomas is not. And then he goes to say, quote, do you think I would try to influence him about my point of view on that matter? No, of course not. That's insane. We have different points of view on that and probably other issues. And then so I think that article goes so what do they talk about? Quote? You know, I can't talk to Clarence without him asking all about the kids? What are they doing?
Speaker 1: We have a dog named otis that Clarence particularly likes.
Speaker 2: We talk about dogs a lot. Really, really, sir, you're a fucking billionaire thirty times over and you're that all You're like we talked about That sounds like when I got caught smoking weed and my mom's asking what I'm doing when I'm hanging out with my friends and I can't say smoking weed. I'm like, you know, Chris just got like a new dog, and I like dogs, So we just talk about the dogs. Yeah, Like, no, you smell like chronic full. What are you talking about? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, kids, dogs, the kids and the dogs. That's like what you talk about with people you don't know to kill time because you're like having to that.
Speaker 2: That's that's amazing. Well, it's like you might as well have said he might as well have said that. They talk about the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the weather sometimes because sometimes it's hot, and so we'll talk about that. And that's really it, just what the weather is.
Speaker 2: Dogs. Let me see if there's anything else.
Speaker 1: Oh, kids, did I mention kids? Did we talked about? Because I have kids, So we talk about the kids.
Speaker 2: Kids and how.
Speaker 1: Many how many fingers they have on their hands, their hair. You're never gonna believe this. Sometimes the kids play with the dog and that'll that'll last us through the weekend, talking about what they did with the dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know there's call records right around the time that road decision leaked. We were just talking about dogs then too. That's that's that's all that was going on. Sam, what do you what's your feeling on the like the revelations of finding out that Clarence Thomas says it's just really good friends with these people.
Speaker 3: Well about that, I don't know, but I will say I am the person who, probably as a millionaire or billionaire, would just have dogs and not anything else. So I don't see that things so far fetched.
Speaker 2: But would you also buy.
Speaker 3: All I care about is my dog? So there's that I don't actually care about people. And maybe that's where that's just the bad.
Speaker 1: Take I have. They do talk about the kids, It sounds like you wouldn't be talking about the kids, right. Yes, people make a big deal that he had a signed copy of mind Koff, But Sam, you know this, They ask you to sign so many of these things when you're making writing a book, Like it's so easy to get a signed copy like Hitler was just in his bunker. No, just signing copy after copy because that's what the publisher demands.
Speaker 3: You'd have to outbid other white supermass.
Speaker 1: That's fine, they.
Speaker 2: Were giving them out like all over you know, and like occupy Poland and Germany. It was like when they were giving out Frampton Comes Alive, you know, like the probably is.
Speaker 3: A copy in Texas, of several copies as in fact, if anywhere I would be in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: The detail in the book about the Bush family called Family of Secrets, I think is what it's called, and like the all their CIA connections, and just like offhandedly they mentioned that there's like a rich guy in Dallas who had the or somewhere in Texas, but he had the window that that Oswald shot from when he killed Kennedy. He had it removed and like put into his mansion so that he would like the frame of the the frame of the window. Yes, so that he was so like as a you know, trophy of like this is what happens to liberals when they come to Texas. And it's just like thrown out there as like yeah, this is so that's who this guy.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I put a TV on the other side with Obama on it and I just watched his speeches. Yeah, yeah, for going on there. Uh, that's that's a really interesting you realize, like that's so fucking like, I want the fucking window that he was leaning out of.
Speaker 1: Can't get me the gun, give me that window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, immediately after the incident, before they even what this.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, I think there was something with owning the building.
Speaker 2: It tied in there.
Speaker 1: I'll have to dig it up.
Speaker 2: And I would love though too, that there's just some dude grifting for these people. They're just so horny for this. And you know, I got the fucking window frame that Oswald shot Kennedy through. They're like what, They're like yeah, and it's like a rusty just a rusty like metal square and you're like, yeah, man, I mean obviously there was a building facade around that, but that is actually what was That was actually the frame of that window. And then you're like, I'll take it. How much? Three million? Great? He also goes on to another thing too, because we learned about how this guy bought Clarence Thomas's mother's house and she lives there rent free, and he did renovations to it, and he's like he's like really dismissive about this, like it was like a car port and some other stuff. Maybe if the commode was messed up, I may have changed that. A lot of people have said, like they did the math and based on the rent, that maybe she could have paid like him, her living there rent free maybe saved her about one hundred fifty five thousand dollars. Sure that was bought. But when they asked about what the fuck is the deal? Why would you buy his house? He said, quote, I assumed his mother owned the home. His life story is an amazing American life story, born into deep poverty, father gone mother, the lady whom we're talking about, really not able to do a lot and help raise her two sons, ultimately raised by his grandparents who were literate growing up in jim Crow, Georgia. So I approached him with the idea that I might purchase that home for the purpose that in due course it could be the boyhood home of a great American, like a museum for clare Thomas. Here's the thing I from what I remember on my appearance on Behind the Bastards the Clarence Thomas episodes, Uh check that podcast out with Robert Evans, that he went to go live with his grandparents, Specifically, his grandfather raised him. So he never lived like this home that she lives in in Savannah, Georgia to mind recollection, he never lived in and like, as he even said, ultimately raised by his grandfriends. Like but yeah, like I think it'd be a great his boyhood home for this rights regressor. I don't know, I think was his his idea there.
Speaker 1: And again, these gifts all happened to overlap, just happened to overlap with a period of unprecedented good fortune for billionaires, like when it comes to a Supreme Court rules, yeah, one of the best fortune. Just yeah, fortune on fortune. And then like then we also find out that finally though, he did have to set the record straight because we talked about the Atlantic piece where Graham would like spent a moment to justify Crow's Nazi nick knacks by saying that he was unburdening himself with his inherit of his inherited wealth. Well, Crow really wants everyone to know he is self made. He also used this interview to set that record straight. He said when he took over Crow Holdings in nineteen ninety, the real estate industry and the banking system were in crisis. He says, quote, our company was also in distressed, our economic value had deteriorate.
Speaker 2: It. I spent about five years doing workouts. We negotiated with a large number of financial institutions over a long period of time doing all this, and we tried to do it as honorably as we could. And I believe we did it very honorably. After it was all over, I'm sorry, I just got so suspicious.
Speaker 1: The second on the back of my neck just stood up when you read that answer. And so I made had millions of dollars and we were honorable about it.
Speaker 2: We did it honorably. I think it's like, oh my god. After it was did you kill.
Speaker 3: He literally said, we tried, Like that's that in itself, But you're telling me that you didn't.
Speaker 2: You just admitted to Oh yeah. When when you hear billionaires say like honorably so many times, that's that's definitely a billionaire speak for it. Yeah, so maybe we fucked some people get over it. Yes, like is essentially like.
Speaker 1: But he has these big words integrity, truthful, what the what they did reporting on the actual facts of what I do is not truthful. It lacks integrity. What I do when I make billions of dollars for my company is honorable, and I try to do it at least I think another word. Nope, I'm going to go back to honorable.
Speaker 2: I believe I did it honorably. Like that's also such deposition language, like I believe I attempted to do it honorably. Right, It's like, oh, okay, okay, somebody who knows who's been cross examined before. But yeah, I mean if pro public pro Publica's got good reporters there, I'm sure that was like ding ding ding day, Okay, we know what we're investigating. Next, yeah, next, Crow Holdings, What the fuck is going on on in the early eighties? Holy yeah, because now they they have about thirty billion dollars in assets like under their management and it's and it's now profitable. He really wanted to make sure they knew that too, it's profitable. So like he's also has like this moneymaker's ego that like wrapped up into it. And I think that's what's really interesting too, is in the end, he's like really trying to paint himself, Like he literally is like he's like I just want to go to Arby's or Schlotski's, you know, like those are my simple things I like to do, and you know, he's like, I don't even know what a mega donor means. He says that at one point, and he tries to act like taking jets, taking private jets to DC to speak with conservative think tanks and their leaders is just very normal, and like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why are my friends We talk about my kids and how they're going to make sure that they are billionaires also.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, and that there's enough aber supply for my kids to exploit as well when they become billionaires. Do you see what I'm You see what I'm getting at the Nazi thing though, He says that his mom was on a ship that the Nazis sunk and then she like survived or something, and he's like, you think i'd be You think i'd like some people that tried to kill my mom. No, So so check fucking mate. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you've heard the last of Harlan Crowe, despite the fact that he's like, I don't think people want to hear about Harlan Crowe, but let me.
Speaker 2: Tell you why I'm not a Nepple baby. You're like, Okay, he just said.
Speaker 1: That actually makes you really sound fascinating and like you're trying to cover something up. So yeah, if you didn't want people to pay attention to you, you should have changed your name from the best villain bad guy name of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know what. Maybe he just he should just do it, Like the how the Koch brothers are they fucking talk to anybody? They're like, yeah, whatever, fucking just deal with my billions, fucking up this place. Deal with that. I'm not gonna give you a comment, but yeah, I don't know, it'll it'll be I'm curious what the next sort of round of comments are out of this, because now we found like we're hearing that like Clarence Thomas also has like weird income from like a defunct real estate company that is not reported either, And you're like, what how much fucking.
Speaker 3: He didn't make any money? That's what he said. That's his excuses make any money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it? I don't even know, man, that's what they told me to say. Okay, look, we met on a private jet when he offered to fly me back when Clarence Thomas was speaking at a think tank that I happened to bankroll. Okay, there's nothing weird there. Then there is one question where they asked you, like, do you think like you'd be like friends if he was like a Supreme Court justice, And he was like, you know, I don't know. He's like, it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Know if he wasn't a Supreme Court justice, would be friends. I mean, hmm, Supreme cool justice. Yeah, are there people like that who aren't Supreme Court?
Speaker 2: All my friends are Supreme Court justice actually Alito, Scalia, Corsic and lawyer Kavanaugh, the boys, you know, even yeah, Amy Cony Barrett factors into that too. But yeah, it is a the whole thing is again feels like part of this whole like we've like we've been saying this is the year of the like wealthy, like just shrugging and like saying, I don't know what's your fucking problem. This is normal.
Speaker 1: It's actually weird that you're looking into my finances.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's actually kind of creepy. Actually you like, wait, so hold on, let me get this straight. Like you're into like looking into dudes finances. Okay, that's fucking weird. All right, whatever, I'm not gonna call it yellow journalism, but I will what he did in this piece.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back, we'll talk AI music, and we're back. And Miles, you've been playing some AI tracks for us, some mashups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know what to call them. But so AI, this AI AI generated music collabs are they've reached like new heights. Okay, Like over the weekend, I listened to more than a few AI generated collabs or covers or whatever that never were I think a lot of people heard the the Rihanna cover of Beyonce's Cuffet and it's like pretty on point. There is this one of Kurt Cobain doing black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, which I was like, wait, wait what It doesn't sound great, but you kind of get an idea of where it's headed. And I just want to play a little bit of it because it is a little bit freaky to think of, like, wait, this is Kurt Cobain doing Soundgarden, but this is black Holes one in in dispos in this.
Speaker 4: Jazus no news.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay that, like they got the timber right, It's still the quality of the voice isn't great, but again, I see what you got going there, my gears are moving, Mike be a.
Speaker 1: Karaoke performance heavily influenced by somebody who was just a big cocaine fan.
Speaker 2: Right right exactly. I was like, oh, man, is Rick going up there doing cobaine again? What was he doing this time? Is in seeing usher? You don't have to call? Uh? But then Drake also like went viral over the weekend because someone had him doing an ice spice like an ice spice track and he was like this he even he'd like he'd put it on his Instagram, like this is the final straw for Ai. But there was also another like track that was supposed to be Drake featuring the Weekend. I'll play a little bit of that. That again, AI generated song that does not exist of of Drake with the Weekend that it so you're not at it's sad.
Speaker 1: He's sad, bang bang talking all day on my nerves and ship.
Speaker 2: That's this is Ai.
Speaker 1: That sounds that sounds like Drake, I mean because.
Speaker 2: He already used a lot of voice modulation and like on his track, so like you can definitely cover like it doesn't sound as like odd as like maybe the Kobaine one did. Uh. But then like the weekend comes in, and you're really kind of like, holy shit. I think like the music is really fun to listen to, like too, because it answers like all these what if type questions, But the creative in me can't help but wonder what the music industry's response to all of this is gonna be. Because it's like one thing to ask Dolly to like make a pick of like Trump in a crumping battle or some shit, yeah, and another to make a believable rendition of black Hole Sun with like an artist that passed away decades ago or you know, semi believable. That's I'm like, I'm just really I'm curious, like what because we've seen like Geddy want to sue like a lot of are they're they're they're finding lawsuits against the AI companies that are using like their images to generate some other images. But like, now, what's the musical response, because part of me like it's weird with this. I'm kind of hyped. I'm like, can we get a Marvin Gay doing House of Balloons album? Yeah, like or just weird shit like that. I would love to hear those kinds of things. And you're like, oh, i wonder how this artist would do this or that now, or like what would Hendrix sound like doing like rage against the Machine or some shit. I don't know, Like there's just a lot of things that I you have these like sort of creative ideas that you're like, oh, that would be interesting. But I feel like there's at some point the people that are making the money out that are like, we have to shut this shit off. Yea.
Speaker 3: Have y'all played with any of the AI stuff, whether it's Chat, GPT or mid Journey or anything I did.
Speaker 2: I did mid Journey and then like early chat GPT, but not like not since it like got paywalled and yeah, just been like seeing other people's contributions with.
Speaker 3: It, right Oh yeah, because I know there's conversations about how do you file lawsuits for what if it's open property? But yeah, I was wondering because I saw this where they were talking about companies already filing lawsuits against people.
Speaker 2: Sure that's not like where like, so is there gonna be I wonder if there's gonna be like how are they gonna regulate this? You know what I mean? Because I get that on some like you run a foul if you're like selling this music. That's why like a lot of mash up type artists who are out there, like they just have their shit for free, like on the internet that you can just listen to, so that way there's no like proceeds that the label can come after. But I must also be jarring for like the estate of a singer to be like hold on, bro, he would never do this, or like I don't want to hear I don't. I don't need you to breathe life into this artist doing some shit like that. That just sounds like weird to me. I don't know. That's why I'm curious to see, like if if somehow it's really about like like the entertainment industry like leaning on like like regulators to come up with something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, like the movie industry. They're able to use AI and all the CGI stuff to bring people who died previously to make new scenes with them, and they most of them don't get any money from that, right because I don't I thought that because there was no mention of that in contracts, So therefore that are really not able to not use it, like like they said, I know, like the whole Princess Leiah thing was a huge controversy because they were able to use her stuff and not necessarily pay.
Speaker 2: And didn't pay her.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't think I could be wrong, but I know that was a huge.
Speaker 2: Conversation about I mean, I would believe that because a lot of the like a lot of what we talk about as it relates to AI is like it's how useful it is to capitalism, right, you know, it's like, oh, she did watch this right, and guess who we not paying?
Speaker 3: Jetley specifically Mad Sure his contracts had like you can't copy or you reuse my moves for other movies type of thing too. Like, so people now are putting it into contracts.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, which is really I mean, it's it's wild to think about, like how like that's how many levels ahead you have to get or like steps ahead you have to get with these contracts, because yeah, a lot of contracts you sign when it comes as it relates to your like work as an artist or something, there's always like imperpetuity across the globe, and like technologies that have yet to even be developed. Is like can be a thing that's in a is in a contract where it's basically saying like, hey, man, if we forget a new way to like exploit this thing, we're gonna do it and you can't do shit about it. Yeah, And I can see how that we're seeing that now. I mean, like with the three, like with the hologram stuff. I know, like some of those companies are licensing from the estate, like with Whitney Houston or other things like that. But yeah, I can as technology gets more sophisticated, I can just see how people just go around that.
Speaker 1: We're seeing a bunch of industry leaders in the past couple of weeks suddenly like raise the alarm and be like AI is going to kill us all, which is something that theorists have been saying for a while and I think for good reason that we'll get into in future episodes.
Speaker 2: But I was just.
Speaker 1: Very curious about like where these like what what shifted? And I feel like things like this are probably what shifted. Where people are making money off of their work in a way that isn't like legally, like they can't fully contain, and so that's probably where a lot of the emergency breaks are coming from, right, But it also feels like it's it's out there, so like I'm not sure what there is to do other than make that Marvin Gay the Weekend album.
Speaker 2: I know. That's like while we're like, yeah, while our justice system is completely handed over to algorithms, and I'm like, well, at least we got this ai like Marvin Gay Weekend collab, you know, and the Weekend died. What's going on? It's actually not as good at all, but at least we have that. At least we have that.
Speaker 1: Well, Sam, such a pleasure having you on the Daily Geist as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: You can find me on stuff Mom Never told You, the podcast. We are all all the things, including YouTube, TikTok. Yeah we're cool kids.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You can also pre order our book at stuff you should read dot com and it's called stuff Mom Never told You The Feminist Past, Present and Future, and yes we wrote it is coming out in August.
Speaker 2: Yay. Hey, yeah, I'd love to have you back when it's out.
Speaker 1: Amazing and is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you right now. If you want to follow anything on Twitter, you should definitely follow Defend atl Forest, which is the conversation we're having about stop Coop City. If you don't know, go look it up. There's a lot of things happening. And yesterday a lot of votes went through with our council and it's all bullshit. So yeah, enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? What is the work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I our bast podcast, Miles and Jack Got mad? Are we just a couple of happy clams right now?
Speaker 1: Want to oh what our teams are doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fantastic. And a tweet I like relates to what I hope would be a few future Laker Damian Lillard at Dame Underscore. Lillard tweeted my bad Reeves like that in response to Austin Reeves's performance against the Memphis Grizzlies. And I said, you know what, Dame, It's okay, It's okay. What did he do before? What was this? Like?
Speaker 1: This felt like part of a conversation that I missed the first part.
Speaker 2: Of what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Had he said that he he wasn't good?
Speaker 2: Or did he talk shit about Reeves?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. I mean to be honest, I just saw that, and I was like, yes, exactly, because we've been joking that he's got the dog in him, but he's really, really, really showing it, really showing it. I think it's probably just been I mean again, people who are a little more up on like Damian Lillard's tweets, because I've missed a lot of Twitter content for the many months. I think it's just in general how most people feel. Even Lakers fans are like treated him like, yeah, we'll see, we'll see, we'll see. But then he has these moments where you're like, oh, okay, sir, we were not familiar with your game. As a famous Shack quote, Gholst all right, uh.
Speaker 1: Some tweet I've been enjoying the work of PJ. Evans tweeted removing giant skull candy headphones motion to repeat what was just said, you're honor And then also, I'm the guy who declares the feels like temperature, it's just vibes.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, yeah, yeah, how how does that? Dude?
Speaker 1: Does do that feel like it could be you and your vibes parenting? You know, a vibe parenting parenting vibes Meteorology, the sequel.
Speaker 2: From the Harvard from the Harvard University Press this this holiday season.
Speaker 1: Making sure you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily's Guys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes or we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles, what's the song that we think people might enjoy? You're gonna look if you know this show, all we do is make references to Wu Tang. So let me just give you guys a good old sample. Okay, one of the most goaded samples, I believe from the entire Wu Tang catalog. This is Willie Mitchell's track Grooven. Okay, we know the song Grooving, but this is Willie Mitchell's version. And if you listen that opening, you're gonna know exactly where that where, that where this sample was used because when the MC's came anyway, it's Liquid Swords. So check this out. It's a Liquid Swords sample and it's like such a small part in the song kind of just goes in a completely beginning. Yeah, yeah, the beginning.
Speaker 1: That's one of those things like I've always been like, man, they needed to do a whole song with that beginning.
Speaker 2: The whole song. Yeah, people always do like there would either be a bridge or like something in the middle or the end where they're like, oh, here's all entirely new track, which.
Speaker 1: Is so it's so funny because there's something like there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of Algreen tracks like that which become fodder for hip hop sampling. Yeah. So anyway, Willie Mitchell Grooven and you know, remember uh and that's a minimum femin then like sandals as just whatever. We still don't know. But I'm rocking these motherfucker sandals. Oh yes, it's the dumbest lyric. He's like, it's it's just I will always stay in my brain. I remember as a kid, I was like, I like sandals. You're talking about it.
Speaker 3: You're a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well then I'm a girl because watch me rock these sandals with my fucking toes out.
Speaker 1: The only masculine thing to wear is Timberland. That's official NBA players refusing to play Timberland's as soft. According to the ji all right, well, the daily like the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever.
Speaker 2: You listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: That it is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to y'all then bye bye,