Speaker 1: This is Intimate Knowledge with Megan King.
Speaker 2: It's a show about sex. Hi, everybody, and welcome back to Intimate Knowledge. I'm your host, Meghan King. You can find me on Instagram at Megan King and check me out at one of my retreats at Guyahnexperience dot com. So today we have a lot to get through. So first of all, I'm going to give you some updates on my weekend, and I want to talk about some headlines that are really hot right now and I feel personally tied to some of these headlines. So we're gonna go through those. And then after that, we have Heather Martin on the show from The Bachelor. Heather is famous for having never been kissed before she went on The Bachelor, and then she goes on and she kisses Colton, who famously came out later after he was a Bachelor is gay. So let's get through this and start with my weekend. So last week I told y'all that the cheater, well the other woman, came forward and was chatting with me on Instagram, and that was just yucky, itchy. I don't like I don't like that. So going to Austin was real, a very nice distraction for me. I got to hang out with my best friend. We decided to go to a music festival called The Two Step in which, by the way, our guest Heather Martin, also went to that music festival, which is like, it was the first year of this music festival in Georgetown, Texas, which is north of Austin, like forty minutes north of Austin, Okay. But when I was in Austin, this is wild. My girlfriend is going through a very contentious divorce, honestly worse than the one that Jim and I went through, and that is hard to do. It's like this woman cannot get divorced no matter how hard she tries. So she's not friendly with her ex husband. They don't chit chat, they don't see each other whatever. There is the groundwork right there. So Courney and I go to lunch. Her name is Courtney. We go to lunch and she doesn't even want to go to lunch. First of all, We're sitting at her office. We're going through some business stuff and I'm like, I'm hungry. She's like, what do you want to order in I was like, I want to go somewhere. I'm in Austin, I want to go somewhere, check some place out. So she picks the restaurant. It's kind of like this diner vibe, right, So we walk in. It's freezing inside. Courtney hates sitting outside. She's basically just a hermit crab who belongs in her house twenty four to seven. And I'm just this free spirit that wants to float around and go everywhere all the time. So we walk into this restaurant it's freezing cold, and I said to the waiter, can we please sit outside? And Courtney says, oh, you want to sit outside? Courtney does not want to sit outside, but I say yes. Before she could say anything, the waiter walks us outside. As the waiter guides us to our table to the outside, Courtney starts to become a broken record. She starts to say to me meg, oh my god, oh my god, oh my goah, o my go, oh my go, And I'm like what, she couldn't spit it out? And she she didn't spit it out. And I look over and like, my eyes follow the waiter because of where are the waiters going to sit us? And I see her son and her ex future ex husband. They're going through a divorce sitting there. Not only are they sitting on the outside patio where Courtney did not want to go, we're seated next to him. That's where the waiter sets us down next to him. The son, of course, is ecstatic see all of his favorite people are sitting next to each other at this lunch. Her ex recognizes me, He's apparently a big fan of the Real Housewives and says, you're Megan King Edmunds, I said, I corrected him, I'm Megan King. He said, now I know, and then he proceeds to ask me. He asked me a couple of questions, what do you ask me? The first one I don't remember the first one. That one doesn't matter anyway. The second one was, weren't you married? Weren't you married, you know, to like a Kennedy or something. I'm like, oh my god, Like, who says that it's he knows. He clearly knows that. So that means he also knows that I'm not currently married to that Kennedy or whatever according to him, and so why bring that up? I was just like whatever, But I was like trying to be very respectful and like I shook his hand and I was, you know, just trying to be normal and hold it together until he and her son left. But oh my gosh, how random is that? After everything, after everywhere? And I was thinking, people sometimes ask me, do I ever run into Jim in and around Saint Louis, which is not a very big town, and Jim and I live up three miles from each other, and so you'd think that we'd see each other all the time. I don't think I've I ran into him once once, but it wasn't like we were sitting next to each other at a restaurant. We're at the restaurant at the same time, and I didn't know he was there until he walked out kind of thing. And this was years ago, Like yeah, I mean we've been separated now for three and a half years, I guess something like that. So it's wild that we ran into him. Okay, I want to talk about some other headlines. So Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendez were hanging out backstage and actually like in front of stage at Coachella this weekend. And they dated for years. They were friends and then they dated and they were spotted with some PDA and I just went to Camila's Instagram and she has photos from her from her Coachella weekend and there's nothing with Shawn Mendez and she says it's whatever. So but everybody's like, are they getting back together? And they apparently were spotted making out. Well, I did some digging and I looked up some of these photos and actually videos that were taken of Camilla and Sean, and they did look like they were canoodling very closely. Now, this is my take on it. I think that after you're in a relationship, especially one that started as a friendship, and you've broken up, hopefully you're able to maintain a relationship, you know, me a friendship. They did look very cozy and stuff, and maybe they hooked up, but I think that's okay. We can give that to them. They're allowed to hook up, they're allowed to make out. But honestly, they didn't really look like in a relationship. They looked flirty to me. So I feel like people are just reading into this because they want they want to ship this and it's just not going to happen. I mean, they aren't together, but they're publicly showing pds. I think it's I think they're just hanging out as friends. I don't think it has anything to do with a PR stunt. It's not like either of them need any sort of of publicity. They have plenty of it on their own. And you know, they're at Coachella, like who knows if they're like drinking alcohol or pop in some shrooms or smoking wet whatever. But you know there's plenty of mind altering substances around there to make to make everybody feel a little bit looser, just like feel the vibes and experience more deeply. And I think that's just the vibe of the show of the weekend. So anyway, that's that's Those are my thoughts on that. So another thing I want to touch on is the scan of all. So the latest with that is that Ariana was making out with her trainer at Coachella and he's hot. Like whatever, girl, live your best life. It's interesting, though, because the more that I see and the more that I read about this scandal, the Tom Santleval is really strongly taking the stance that he was broken up with Ariana before he started to well I don't know if it was before he started anything with Raquel, but that's certainly the narrative that he's trying to lead us to believe. I think what he's trying to say is that that Tom broke up with Ariana in February. Ariana wanted to know part of that and was working really hard to try to get him back, and but in his head it was just already over. I think that breakups do have a moment where, especially after so many years of being together. I think for them it was like eight or nine. I think there's a moment. And what I mean moment, I mean several months of that that in between kind of spots, so like maybe you're dating other people but you're still hooking up with each other, or you own a house together, as is their case, and you're trying to kind of, you know, separate, like what did Gwyneth Paltrow call it? Consciously uncoupling? And I think that's maybe what they were trying to do. But the thing is is that Tom was sleeping with another woman, and not only just any other woman, but arian his friend. And Tom Sandoval he's got his panties all in a bunch right now because he went to Mirror of all over the weekend to try to get some r and r Mira vall is in Tucson. I've talked to one of their marketing directors recently thinking about hosting a retreat there with Guy Haven, and he's pissed a mirror of all pissed because apparently some of the staff let out that that's where he was staying. And dude, this guy like love him or hate him, probably everybody hates him right now and he is feeling it hard. So he's just trying to get a little anonymity, a little privacy, and so he goes to Mira Vault, which is a health retreat, offers a ton of great options for like yoga and health food and YadA yadda dada, and so instead of like finding that piece and zen he was looking for, he found a lot of judgmental haters and people who are trying to track him down. I do feel for him there, I really do. I think that sucks. I was talking to a girlfriend of mine this morning, She's at my house, and I was bringing this up with her, and she was like, she totally follows all of this. She's been watching vander Pump Rules since the day it was born, and so she knows all of the characters, all the players, Da da da. She thinks Tom Sandoval is lying. I was like what? And she also brought up that Tom Schwartz knew about this all along, apparently when Katie she's the one with the dark hair. She asked Tom Schwartz, why is Ariana all of your gigs that you're performing? And he said, well, it's certainly not for me. Dot dot dot dum dum dumb, So he knew. That's basically what has been suggested and what Sandoval has said. So how do we feel about this? How do we feel about accomplices? When you know that someone is cheating, do you have a responsibility to tell the other partner or do you have a responsibility to do anything at all. It's like, don't shoot the messenger, but like sometimes messengers should be shot because something should be kept a secret. But is an affair one of them? Now? Maybe maybe not. I think it's nuanced because if Sandoval really was broken up with Ariana, then probably Tom Schwartz needs to keep his little pie hole shut. But that still puts him in a bad spot. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing and ignorance is bliss. I'll just leave it at that. But what do you guys think if you know that someone is cheating, do they have a responsibility to tell the other party? I don't know. Okay, And our big hot topic of the day now this is everywhere on social media. Vanessa Leche sends Love is Blind Paul pedon flowers after he accuses her of having a personal bias and reunion questioning, now you know me? We had on Danielle Rule last week we got to chit chat with her. She was on season two of Love is Blind, and this is season four Love is Blind. So apparently Vanessa Lache just like really went at it with Paul trying to say why didn't you choose her? He did say I don't see this woman as being the mother of my children. He had kids, and you know, he didn't think that there was a match there, and Vanessa just just really dug in, well, I mean, I've seen Vanessa on these and she on these reunions, and she seems very emotionally involved. I don't know if that's coming from a place of projection from her own relationship. I think it probably does. It has to if you're an empathetic person, which she seems to be. It has to come from some place of projection. That's how we relate to other humans. That's natural and normal. But if this projection is coming from a place where she's trying to right wrongs that she has seen in her own relationship, that's not okay. And that would be a problem with a host of a show, because you're hoping that you get total unbiased Well. I asked Danielle about this. Danielle ruled. I texted her, and Danielle thought that Vanessa went after Paul and not Micah, his his romantic interest, his I guess fiance because she thought Danielle thought that Micah would just not have any part of it, and whereas Paul just kind of like took it. I guess, but he said he was like fuck man. They kept ding drilling down on me. I think, I said my piece. I think Vanessa might have had a little bit of personal bias in that scenario, or at least kind of detected that. I don't know. That's just my assumption based on how she continued to drill into it after I get her my full rationale for why I felt the way I did. I mean, look, sometimes people just feel a certain way, right and we don't really have an explanation for it. It's the jenese qua, It's the chemistry. It's that bond that we either have or we don't have with a partner that we can detect usually within the first five seconds, ten seconds, thirty seconds, even let's get generous of knowing each other. However, on love is blind, these individuals don't have that opportunity and that privilege to be able to determine if there is a chemical connection there. They determine that there is an emotional connection. You know, they get to know each other if they're compatible and like xyz ways, if basically, if they're compatible in paper and if they can communicate, which are also very important. But they don't know if they're gonna have chemistry. And that's what Paul is saying. He doesn't know if there's chemistry Vanessa, and that's okay. Well, Vanessa had to turn off her comments on her social media page, so that to me implies a lot of guilt right there. But she also kind of seems like a hothead, so maybe that was that was very well planned out so that she just like stays in her lane or something. I'm not sure I would Honestly, I would love to see her act out and just sit here eating the popcorn, and I would be totally here for it. And who knows, she might say some shit we all need to hear. Today we have Heather Martin on the show. She is from the Bachelor, and she is famous for confessing that she had never been kissed. She was only twenty three when she came on the show, but she's that's a long time to go without ever having to kiss. And Heather was on this season with Colton, the infamous Colton the Bachelor who came out as being gay. Well first he was a virgin on his season, and then he came out as being gay. So Heather, welcome intimate knowledge. It's so nice to have you with us.
Speaker 1: Thanks Megan. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 2: So I gotta admit I don't watch The Bachelor. I used to back in the day before it was like season one hundred and eight, but the season with Colton really oh, season twenty seven currently, so there we have one hundred and eight. I was I was off, I'll admit it slightly, not really, but I know this season because this was such a famous season. It was such a big season because Colton came out as Gabe.
Speaker 1: I know, how crazy is that?
Speaker 2: Did you have any inklin that he was gay? No?
Speaker 1: And like people who say they did, Like, I'm like, I don't think any of these girls actually thought he was gay, right, I mean I think in hindsight, I'm like it made me feel a little bit better, Like why there wasn't it? I didn't feel that connection. There was just like something that I'm like, there's just this this block that I can't really describe with my finger on. Yeah, it like now looking back and like that kind of it makes sense, you know, like there just wasn't that connection.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't like us anybody?
Speaker 1: Did you kiss him? I did? Yes?
Speaker 2: So your first kiss was with a gay guy? Yep, that's does it even count?
Speaker 1: It doesn't count, I know right. People tell me they're like, it doesn't out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of cancels each other out. So what was it? What was it like having your first kiss on camera?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean I like obviously going to the show, I like was like, this is gonna happen, Like if I'm presenting information to the show, like this is like of course, this is why they're having me on the show. So I feel like I was kind of mentally prepared, but also like when it was actually I knew, it was like we're gonna wait and we went. It was like until I got my one on one date and I was like, it's it's happening. So it was like kind of in my brain like I just knew exactly when how yeah, I'm gonna but it did, and yeah, I mean it was like it was sweet great, Like it was this like magical island on the beach and fireworks went off, like he's a gay guy, but it's still like, you know, yeah, get up a better first kiss setting or situation, and it was so fun. It was just it was sweet.
Speaker 2: Well, it's nice to know that, Like looking back, probably you didn't feel like you were being taken advantage of because he ultimately wasn't interested in you, just cared about your well being.
Speaker 1: Probably no, yes, not at all, and he was like this sweet guy, like there is nothing you know, I didn't feel that way at all.
Speaker 2: He seems so sweet. You guys would have been so cute together with your dimples. You're matching dimples.
Speaker 1: He'sn't a very attractive man.
Speaker 2: Heck, yeah, that's so wild because okay, so I was just looking at your Instagram and you were you were, well, I guess you're twenty three when you go on the show, right, twenty two and.
Speaker 1: Turned for twenty two twenty three on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when I was there young, and it seems like you're very religious and close with your family, is that right?
Speaker 1: Correct? For sure? Yes?
Speaker 2: So what did they think about you going on this show?
Speaker 1: They were so excited. I think, like they all I mean, it was like this joke since I was fifteen, because I've watched Bachelor, Like I don't really watch TV at all, but Bachelor was like the show that I watched, like okay in high school is like our thing. So I always said sen to I was like fifteen, like I'm gonna go on the show. I'm just gonna do it. And then like it actually happened. It was like always a joke and it actually happened. So my family was so excited and they knew me, so they knew, like I'm not going to be crazy, Like nothing was gonna be insane. Only thing, right, you know, you might embarrass yourself or you might but like whatever, I was like the people who know me know me and if you like, have other judges about me, like random people like whatever. So everyone was excited and we're just like, let's just do it. I was like, I might go home night one, you know. I was like, I'm oh on that show.
Speaker 2: But that's true. Yeah, a lot of people go home early. So did you really think that you were ready for marriage at age twenty two?
Speaker 1: I honestly, like I have truly felt like since forever, I don't I kind of have this perspective like I don't feel like I need all this dating experience to go through all these things to know what I want and what I'm looking for. I feel like I've always kind of been pretty steady and like level headed in what I'm looking for. And I think that's I think my perspective when I was twenty two. I'm twenty seven now it's the same and I think I'm still kind of like the same thing. So yeah, I think if I would have met the right person, I would have been ready to be married. But he obviously was not that for me. But yeah, truly I really did believe like if I was to meet the right guy, like I kind of have a firm grasp of what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Well, I did get married at twenty two, didn't you, Yes, and then divorce at twenty six, Okay, And I was like you, I thought, you know, like I didn't need experience, and I didn't. Honestly, looking back, I didn't need, you know, all this tons of dating experience or anything, although like I had dated all throughout college and stuff. But ultimately, it wasn't my age that was the hindrance. I think it was just like my zest for life, my attitude in general. So that's you know, it wasn't the age that screwed it up in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So do you think you would have picked like a different person, having more experience or do you think it was.
Speaker 2: Like just no, it just wasn't. It was just not a good match. Okay, No, it was. It was a good match for what it was. But I think I was trying to emulate my parents and I'm not my parents. Turns out, turns out, how about that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So you were just in Georgetown, Texas, Yeah, to step In Music festival, and guess who else was there? Heather?
Speaker 1: Were you there?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Did we see each other as we were just there.
Speaker 2: That's may probably we probably like passed like ships in a night. Yeah, So what were you doing there? You're, I guess a big country music fan.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yes, I'm like for one really Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was there with the I was working with the wine brand there and so they just me and my best friend just went out for the weekend. It was so much fun. Wow. So I like even love with Texas. I want to move there now.
Speaker 2: I love Texas too. I go to Austin all the time. No, I'm from Saint Louis, Missouri. Where we're coming from. We're coming from Saint Louis, Missouri today right now.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just go there a lot. I go to Austin all the time. My best friend lives there. So I'm a big fan of Zach Bryan, huge fan. He was so good. It was so good. I was obsessed. So tell me what you thought about the festival. Have you Have you ever been to a festival before?
Speaker 1: Yes, So I've gone to stage Coach like forever. I Gottach every year. I've gone to lots of I like truly in like a diehard country music girl. So but that was like a little bit more like, I don't know, it felt a lot more chill than like the stagecoach vibes and like the you know, I like loved it way more. I think it was just I felt like I think I just like the Texas vibes of the country more than the Californian same thease.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing there was logistics were wild. You know, it's hard to get in and out. I ended up paying like two hundred dollars to get back to Austin and after flagging down some black car in the middle of the streets.
Speaker 1: Is a random car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a black car. So I was like, are you a driver?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Like flagging a taxi in the middle of like podump Texas, My god. And then then I wanted to get food. See I wasn't taken care of like you. I was just regular, like hanging out with a gen pop and I didn't I was not working with a brand there. I actually I have to tell you this story. This isn't this is an insane story.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: So there it's kind of like a little bit of a backstory because I was dating this guy in Texas. He was in Austin. I called him Kenny. That's not his real name, but because like I was protecting him. Well then, long story short, so like I take Kenny. Things aren't going well. I decided to break up with Kenny, and then I find out a woman reaches out to me Kenny was dating another woman the entire time he was dating me. Yeah, yeah, like what an asshole?
Speaker 1: Right, it's just this weekend?
Speaker 2: No, so like this is this is like December, okay, like a few months ago.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So then I so I'm going to this and he's a friend. He was a friend of mine for like eight years before we dated. Like I can't really trusted him anyway. Yeah. So I'm going to this festival and the tickets are sold out, and my girlfriend's like, I'll figure out the tickets. So she ends up texting Kenny because she she like got to know him through me, asks them for tickets, and he said, yeah, sure, here's some tickets. It gives her two sets of tickets. Well then she, my best friend, goes on my phone and messages every country performer that's going to be there and asks them for tickets. Guess who came through and gave me passes. Nico Moon.
Speaker 1: He was too. Oh my gosh, he's so.
Speaker 2: Cute and so nice. He's married with a baby, and like it's just so cute. So I have two sets of passes. Yeah, I so we so we like we both go in side lines that we'll call. She gets hurried passes, I get my passes. We immediately bootleg one set of passes of course. Yeh some guy right, So like we essentially we got paid to go. So like feeling pretty cool, pretty high live. Yeah, so so she so we like go in to the festival. We're hanging out or like having fun everything. Actually we're walking way too much. The bathrooms were gross. They weren't even gross because like by Porter Potty standards gross as you know, they're I mean they're Porter botties, right, so it's gross.
Speaker 1: It's gross. Yeah, and hot too.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. I mean, I am not as enthusiastic about festivals as you are. I love your attitude, but like I'm I just can't handle it anymore. So I wanted to get some food and the line was two hours long for gross nachos.
Speaker 1: Did you run into this problem we had? Like this did you go to like there's like a separate area where there was no because that we tried to wait in the food line right befo where Zach Brian and we just like were like we can't. I'm not rather stocks.
Speaker 2: When I tried to wait in the food line.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did it.
Speaker 2: So where did you get food?
Speaker 1: There was like a separate section. It was like in the back by Renico Moon played, there was like one barbecue place.
Speaker 2: Was it a VIP?
Speaker 1: I think it was like yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: So screw you whatever. I bribed somebody. I bribed somebody at the front swear yes, goop it. So like I go up to this guy at the front of the line and his girlfriend and I was like, hey, what up five extra bucks to add a nacho on there? And the girlfriend's like, no way, We've been waiting in this line for two hours. That is not enough money. So I pull out another five. I was like ten and she was like, no way, but maybe those people will in front of us will do it. And I was like I want to do it and they're like yeah, So I got my nachos.
Speaker 1: Like that they let you cut them and not even get ten bucks exactly.
Speaker 2: I was like that is so dumb. So I eat my nachos. Fine. We walk over to Zach Brian to watch the show, and this guy comes up to my girlfriend and says, I want to date with you. Oh my gosh, how are you And she's like, oh yeah, good to see you. He looks at me and he says I know you, and I was like, okay, he knows me from the Real Housewives Orange County. Whatever do you get recognized?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you get it. So I'm like, okay, Like, but it's unusual for a man to know who I am. Probably for you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I lost boyfriends a lot of the boyfriends, but I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh right, like my friend's husband.
Speaker 1: But a lot of the times, yeah, totally, Like if it's a man, it's like a boyfriend and a husband or a gay guy again, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: So he looks at me and he's like, I know who you are, and I'm like, yeah, okay, here it comes Real Housewives. And then he's like, you dated Kenny and I was like yeah, and he's like, I met you on the golf course and Kenny called me boohooing when you broke up. With them, and I was like, stop it. And then he said it came out on the podcast, on this podcast that he was dating someone else the whole time. And so this friend called up Kenny and was like, how dare you you screwed her over? You screwed the other girl over? Like, you can't call me boohooeen and have me talking you.
Speaker 1: Off the ledge when you're still and everybody over like, yeah, you're not the one who needs a pat on the back and like to be coddled.
Speaker 2: These women do.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's like, oh great now, and my girlfriend's like, he got us these tickets. I was like, no, he didn't, Nico Moon did. So my girlfriend is like crap. So after the festival she texts Kenny AND's like, hey, just full disclosure. We ran into your friend. Want to let you know that like that, you know, I was with Meg at the festival. He never texted her back. No, no, So that is that's my story of Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, did you feel well? Were you feeling like awkward at that point or you just like whatever?
Speaker 2: I did not care at all. I did, like, seriously, not one tiny bit. I think it's funny. I think he should know I mean, who podcast is she going to bring him her best friend? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, and he's gonna say yes, he's gonna say yes, he knows.
Speaker 2: He probably you know, probably, You're exactly right. Okay, So, speaking of dating, are you on any dating apps? Are you dating any well before that, are you dating anyone?
Speaker 1: No? I am single. Yeah, dating apps, I know they're they're tough for me. I don't know, I don't. I feel like just this dating culture is just so I don't know, I don't like it, like I just I for me, I feel like I have to like know someone and like emotionally connected them and intellectually connected them, yeah, or even like find them attractive. Like I can't just like scroll through an app one and be like, yes, I'm drawn to you. I feel like I would pick like the exact opposite of who would actually like in person.
Speaker 2: So you're not on apps.
Speaker 1: So I'm not on apps. That was just tough because I feel like that's like what everyone how people meet these days. But yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just my girlfriend thought she she was scrolling through I was talking to her this morning. She thought that she found this like good guy. Well he had potential least, right, So we're like, all right, well, let's like see who he actually is. What's this deal? You can only know so much. This is on hinge, you can only know so much. So like the two of us are are like honorary FBI members, and so we find out everything and she does a full background check. First of all, his last name is pig Man. So this guy is posing in a Lamborghini and he's like, you know, his whole dating resume is like real puffed up. So she does this background check. He drives two thousand and four Ford our for Runner whatever that is, Toyota four Runner. He lives in a one bedroom apartment, and he has filed two bankruptcies. So there there is your online dating culture. Larryous, I am not even kidding. This happened this morning.
Speaker 1: Like what, like, what is the motivation behind doing that? Because like you know, you can't get past one second, like literally one date with someone, Like what do you what's the goal from that?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe he thinks he has like a rock and body and we're just gonna like look past everything else.
Speaker 1: I just lied about all my Lamborghinis and I.
Speaker 2: Know, like I'm sorry. Where it's the lambo. Oh that was my friend's lambau. I'm sorry, that's really misleading. That's like putting filters on your face if you're a girl or like for guys, the guy filter is sunglasses and old photos.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, the old yeah, the sunglasses to or like a hat on.
Speaker 2: Oh and no, and they're bald underneath. Yeah, one hundred percent like that That is just if there if the guys are ladies, listen up. If the men are wearing hats and every single picture, he's probably bald.
Speaker 1: At least receding, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're going to be bald, just own the ball this or go get like some cute apps or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 3: Can be cute, but just don't like it's the it's like the deceitfulness of it, Like let's just be open, because like you don't want someone who's not gonna like you for what you're an athlete?
Speaker 1: Why, I don't know, it's just a waste of time.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I mean, I'm with you so much, Like I feel like these people are in dating apps just to prove how cool they are, Like I'm on riyah that you know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the Soho House of dating apps. And I literally I just canceled my subscription for that thing for next month. So yeah, it's twenty bucks a month. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Have you met anyone like cool on there at all? Or nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I've read a lot of cool people in there, a lot. Okay, I know, maybe I will keep it. I've connected professionally with some people too. Yeah, whether you're you're talking to me and.
Speaker 1: What's another twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: You made it? I know right why?
Speaker 1: You sold sold Kenny's tickets?
Speaker 2: No, And then I had to buy my food and for my car that was two hundred dollars, like running down the street like my girlfriend's like, you can't flag a taxi in the middle of Texas and I'm like flagging. There's literally not one taxi right, not one, but I'm I'm flagging like there is.
Speaker 1: Got a car.
Speaker 2: I got a black car. It was great, cost me two hundred bucks. But whatever. Okay, So back to you. I want to know more about about what's what's next for you. Are you gonna go on a new dating show or any other reality show?
Speaker 1: I think I'm done with the reality dating shows. I yeah, I don't even know how I ended up like being entertaining enough for one in general, I mean the really why, I just Lo'm like, I just like my personality is just so not built for yeah reality, I just like can't I can't, Like it just doesn't seem like natural to me. You know, it's just I mean it's not.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I don't know. I mean there's so many seasons of The Bachelor now, and you were on season twenty three, and so don't you think that by that point, like I don't know, I'm guessing on don't watch that maybe all of the contestants figured out the whole cadence of the show at that point and like we're kind of acting for the show instead of for the love.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean there's so many there's so many just like people who have different I mean I went like going in like totally open, like I would love to like see and like who knows, Like Colton was cute, he was great, like who knows, But like everyone goes for some sort of experience, you know, it's like whether that be I feel like social media. Social media wasn't as huge I think like in like five years ago six years ago when I was on, but it was up and coming. But now it's like people like become you know, it's like to.
Speaker 2: People don't get famous on social media anymore. You I know it now.
Speaker 1: Starting the season now, I know it was like the window of like six seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you have like what five hundred thousand followers or something.
Speaker 1: I have two hundred and something.
Speaker 2: Oh see, that's a lot of followers. I thought you had more than that, but like two hundred thousand, that's a lot. Who I just ran into Pilot Rachel she was on I guess last year or something.
Speaker 1: Was a bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was a bachelette, so she was like the main girl and she has I don't know, like two hundred thousand followers too.
Speaker 1: The view there was like I think the past like three seasons have just like just the viewership of the Bachelor in general had just gone down.
Speaker 2: So I think, oh, no, she has five hundred. I got that wrong.
Speaker 1: She was a bachelorette like that. Like a girl. Hannah, who is the bachelorette on our season, had like two point six million.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was sitting I met her, Hannah.
Speaker 1: Brown, her Hannah Goslin. Yes, that's where Hannah's I met. Hannah got a bachelorette. Hannah Godwin was also on my season. I'm really close this.
Speaker 2: I saw a picture with you and Hannah Godwin on your Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So I was just with her like last week two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Oh you were okay. So I just met her. We were sitting next to each other at the iHeart Radio Music Wards in La. Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the sweetest girl ever.
Speaker 2: See, I didn't know who she was. We were standing in line next to each other for the red carpet and she was with her fiance I believe, Yes, Dylan, Dylan, yes, And so we're just chit chatting, and then she told me that she was there. They met on Bachelor in Paradise. I think they Yeah, that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I know they're like theest couple ever. They're the best.
Speaker 2: They really are. They're so cute. But you said you would never go on Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I just don't think it's for me.
Speaker 2: Like, is that kind of more of sexy time on that show?
Speaker 1: I think it's a little bit more scandalous, a little bit more outrageous. I think some people can get through and like, you know, like I think Hannah and Dylan were like a couple where they met, like immediately there's like them two together. They connected and it was great, and they like focused on them as a couple. But I feel like other than that, like they just really pushed like the boundaries and always.
Speaker 2: Oh they did oh on Bacheldise.
Speaker 1: But like most contestants, that's their experience of like it was just like they literally say, it's like a living hell, Like it's just serious, it's just your dying. You're like, yeah, it's just horrible, or a lot of hills experiences for my part. But there's some lucky ones who do meet like Anna and Dylan are getting married this summer, you know, so right, it does work for some I just don't feel like probably that be where I meet my guy.
Speaker 2: It's kind of what you're describing with Bachelor and Paradise sounds like when the Real Housewives go on a cast trip and it's absolutely miserable because all you're doing is filming the whole time. You're completely just shit faced, and you're somehow you have to like get it together to go film and fight.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, that's exactly what I've been until people look there and so it's just like and like for me, I just wouldn't. I would not thrive in that setting, at least meeting someone in a real way, you know.
Speaker 2: No kidding, no, yeah, I don't think anyone would be like and then you go home and be like what did I just don't.
Speaker 1: Have to wait for months for to see it air and see oh.
Speaker 2: The worst and like nobody's together anymore or something. I don't know, maybe they are. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It's a few, like you know, it works for a lucky few.
Speaker 2: But so do people talk to you about your sex and dating life a lot since you're on a dating show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think like they've never been kissing really like shocked people for a while and like literally in the streets, like I would like walk by and he's like never been kiss girl, No way, So funny, like never in my wildest dreams that I think that would be like what I'm known for. You know, come on, that's all alicize that, you know, I mean, like I would never that was never like the plan?
Speaker 2: Why did you not kiss anyone? So you're twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just hadn't dated someone seriously, and for me, that was just like something that was a little bit more special, and that was kind of like it wasn't like, oh, I'm waiting till I'm gonna get married or you know, like you think, Yeah, it was just something that I think I just took dating a little bit more seriously and so I just hadn't met someone that yet that I really liked enough to kiss. I guess.
Speaker 2: You know, so do you still go through through dating with that same attitude I can do.
Speaker 1: I do. I don't just date to date at all. I don't find it like fun just to go on dates. It's like a little bit like stressful for me. So I'm like, I just I would date with like the intention of marriage, and you know, I will probably only date people who I'm like I can see something serious in the future, like obviously I'll go on dates when I'm like, Okay, this could be a potential, Like you can't know you're someone exactly, but yeah, I just like not just I'm like, oh, free dinners, free fun thing, you know, Like that's just like I rather just eat McDonald's and my friends, you know, I don't think it's like a five star dinner with a random that I.
Speaker 2: Don't Yeah, it's taxing. I do it. I'm familiar. So what are you looking for in a partner?
Speaker 1: I so, like, what were you talking about before? Faith is huge for me? So someone who loves Jesus. I really like a guy who is like servant hearted, is like looking out for other people's needs before then their own. And I really like intelligence, So smart guys are really attractive to me. And like that goes along with like a good sense humor. Yeah, I honestly don't have like any sort of physical type, Like I don't really like it's so funny, Like I just don't really. I just have not attracted people until I know them. So I've like thought a lot of people like across the board, I'm like, I don't really have a certain type.
Speaker 2: What are you not looking for? What are some traits in people that you would say absolutely not going on a date with that person to five star restaurant and wasting my time?
Speaker 1: Anyone who yeah I McDonald's anybody like lacks humility and is just like pompous and like, so.
Speaker 2: You're saying you wouldn't go on a date with the fake lambeau guy.
Speaker 1: Fake lambo guys out. Okay, Yeah, I like anyone who thinks they're like something else is just so like confidence is so attractive. But when it gets like just like this false sense of like self, it's just so unattractive.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, that's a lot of guys though, don't It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of guys that I think that's the struggle. You know, It's like a lot of people, And I think it's just a lot of it is like insecurity masks is like overconfidence, but it's just like nikes.
Speaker 2: Well, is it a lot of guys or is it a lot of people in general? Women as well?
Speaker 1: For sure, I think it's a lot of people. And I think it's like our culture is kind of like promotes a lot of that in a in a way, so it's kind of hard to escape. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you think that?
Speaker 1: Do you agree?
Speaker 2: Do you? I think I think so. I mean it's been really interesting to date after I dated before the Internet age and then now like I'm in the thick of it and so not the Internet age, I would say dating app age. So it's been it's been like very mind opening for me, But you know what I find most interesting. So I'm divorced with three children and an independent career, an income. I don't need kids, I don't need money, I don't need access. I don't like I have everything I need. I thought it would be so easy to date. No, it's hard. I feel like maybe a lot of men are intimidated or feel less than. I don't know. The ones that do who I think are probably intimidated or feel less than don't possess the emotional EQ to be able to communicate those thoughts or feelings that they may be having. So it's hard to really get good feedback from these people where I really would appreciate it the most.
Speaker 1: Totally. I mean that totally makes sense. Like when like, so have you like liked a guy and then they're like just like pull back or how did that dippen?
Speaker 2: All the time, I mean all the time, I've dated so many different guys. But yeah, I mean also in general, I just don't really care. I don't care as much as I used to. I'm currently dating this guy that I've been on and off with for three years and like the offs, yeah, but like the offs have included like full blown relationships with that I've been in in the meantime, and so has he. So it's not like it's very it's more like a friendship and I'm I'm fine in this space right now. So I'm just kind of figuring things out.
Speaker 1: Do you like why had it been on and off? Like you're just like not sure about him or.
Speaker 2: Like I'm sure about him. I think like logistically and like just kind of where we are in our lives are very different. But eh, I think honestly, more than anything, it's my three kids that are holding.
Speaker 1: Him back, like you don't want for them to.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that I'm fine like he can.
Speaker 1: He's a theory about I think that's too.
Speaker 2: Much for him. I don't know, I think I think that's definitely a big part of it. Also, living in Saint Louis makes dating hard, Yeah, and yeah, I don't really connect with it with a lot of people here, and he's in LA most of the time, so which is it's fine when I'm out there, but you know, it's nice to have somebody around every now and then too.
Speaker 1: I know, my my friend's mom always says that don't go after the gus. The geographically undesirables because it's just hard. We always we always fall for the gus. Why is that? I know makes things harder.
Speaker 2: So you live in Carlsbad? Correct, yes, okay, So do you only date guys in Carlsbad or would you be open to dating outside?
Speaker 1: No, I'm definitely I've definitely been open to dating outside and I have, but it is difficult, like I like to not be. Yeah, long distance stuff is hard, so even like trying to maintain that and I'm so not like on my phone, I'm not a huge chexter, so it's like having to just like it just like doesn't like logistically work most of the time at least.
Speaker 2: So your your aunt says GEU for geographically undesirable. I say, are you g R geographically relocatable?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. They have to be. Oh, they have to be, or I have to be. I honestly am so open. Like I'm like kind of in a phase in life where I'm like, yeah, like I'm not like tied. My family's here and I like love that, but I'm not like, oh my gosh, I have to stay here forever and I'm stuck here and blah blah blah, like, I'm probably open. They just have to be like, I'm not just gonna pick up and leave for like anyone.
Speaker 2: Your sister's about to have that baby. I don't know about that. You're gonna be really tied to that little baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she Holly, my little sister moved to Idaho, so she yeah Idaho boisi, I hear.
Speaker 2: That's a cool place.
Speaker 1: It's so it is fun. I like it. I don't know if I've lived there really, so she's not even here. I know, I'm scared of my parents are gonna just they're gonna go out love with the baby.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was like, Mom, you can't stay here. You're can go crazy not being with the baby.
Speaker 2: Planes, trains and automobiles. That's what it's for, right exactly. Heather, thank you so much for coming on. It's been great talking with you. You're so easy to chat with. Where can we find you?
Speaker 1: I'm on Instagram at Heather m twenty.
Speaker 2: Two and yeah, that's that's pretty much it awesome. I love your Instagram, so I'll be in touch thanking up on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Likewise, best of luck with everything, Thanks you too, have a good bye bye you too.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to intimate knowledge on iHeartRadio or wherever you listen to podcasts.