Speaker 1: Good morning, usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne to God, Peace to the planet. Is Monday, Yes, it's Monday. Back to the work we could Monday.
Speaker 3: Y'all here man, fresh off of a fantastic weekend in Atlanta dropping the clues bond for the at L Shawty, How was.
Speaker 2: Your weekend Black Effect Podcast Festival?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You know, we had the first of a Black Effect Podcast festival in Atlanta. It was sold out since last Monday and we had an incredible, incredible time man. You know, salute to everybody in Atlanta, Like, thank you, thank you for pulling up, you know, thank you to all of the great podcast partners we have that hit that stage, the eighty five South Show, Horrible Decisions, Big Facts Podcast, Reasonably Shady, and Michelle Williams. We Talked Back podcast with PORSCHEA.
Speaker 2: Williams.
Speaker 3: We had the Business and Podcasting Panel, the Woman in Podcasting Panel. We had a game room with game tournament going on that was hosted by the Trap Nerds podcast. We had the Black Effect Marketplace with all the vendors in the merchandise. So we just had a We had a ball in Atlanta this weekend. This weekend was one of those weekends that you wish you could relive. Yeah, yeah, that much fun, that much much, that much fun, Like you know, the very next day he was like, damn, we had a good time last Yay, I wish I could relive that moment.
Speaker 2: Right now, said the energy was amazing. Shot the Louis V. That's what the Louis V said.
Speaker 3: Louis Louis V provided the soundtrack for the Black Effect Podcast festival Man, so salute the Louis V.
Speaker 2: We just had a ball man.
Speaker 3: That's no, no, no, no, no incidents, you know, not even an argument.
Speaker 2: Everybody was just in there having.
Speaker 5: A good time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely stall slide and electric sliding, doing whatever choreographed dance y'all do with that Beyonce song Beyond before I let go remix it was.
Speaker 2: We had a ball, that's right. So that's who the Slutty Vegan. Slutdy Vegan was there as well. Yeah yeah, so we had a ball man. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: All our sponsors Nissan, at and T, State Farm, Most and caused blue Moon simply spiked.
Speaker 2: It was a It was a great time. We'll talk about it more later in the show.
Speaker 6: All right, now, this is where we need the four day work week because I'm tired.
Speaker 2: He was all over the place this weekend. No, I wasn't even all over the place, but shot the fifty to fifty.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: He was in town and he invited me to dinner last night. So I went to pat to dinner with fifty. I met scar Lip too. Scarll Lip is the rapper from New York City.
Speaker 2: To sign the unit.
Speaker 3: No IM about to say, lord, she's already bold enough. No, no, no, she's just Scarlett.
Speaker 2: But you know usually you know what time do we usually do dinner?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: Yes, seven o'clock club talk. Why so we could be in bed by certain times? Right, that's right. That didner last time and they started to ten o'clock. Oh no, no, no, no, might I got time for that.
Speaker 3: I was out late Saturday too, though, because after the festival we went to dinner and then we went to our good brothers, the eighty five South Show shooting eighty five South team.
Speaker 2: We went to the studio. They had a fight party fight the studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna talk about the fighting all lot. Yeah, but shot the fifty shot the scar lip. Let's get the show cracking now, Angel Reese and Florge Johnson will be joining A Johnson you know it's just flow J.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's flow J. J. Johnson will be joining us.
Speaker 6: You know they are the twenty twenty three NCAA women's basketball champion.
Speaker 3: Yes, unfortunately, even though I'm happy for them. I'm a South Carolina game cap. Oh okay, I'm happy for them though, yes, you know. So we're gonna talk to them in the US, but I'm happy for them. And then we got front Page US coming up in a little bit. Teslin figure will be joining us, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning all right, morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's getting some front page news. We have Teslin figure out here. Good morning, test the hood whisper Tesla figure out.
Speaker 9: Yes, Good morning, Charlemagne, DJ Envy and the Breakfast Club family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go through the sports real fast, and you got a lot to talk about the next week. The Cavaliers one O two ninety three, they leave the series three to one. The Warriors tied up the series with the Kings. The Celtics leader the series three one, the Timberwolves three one, Lakers to one.
Speaker 2: They play tonight. I believe Heat lead the series two to one.
Speaker 6: Clippers are down three to one, the Sun's leading series and the seventy sixty cent the Nets home.
Speaker 3: And I'm mad Brooks didn't stay stay in the game to take the smoke that Lebron was about to give him.
Speaker 2: You want to fondle that man's boss.
Speaker 3: Man, so you get kicked out of the game because you knew it was about to be a long night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kicked out the game.
Speaker 6: Ever, we gotta congratulate the Tank Javonte Davis, who went over the weekend in the seventh round, just like you predicted, easy Ryan Garcia, So congratulations to Tan easy Money.
Speaker 3: I I like Ryan or lobby Ryan and had no business in that ring with Tank Man. Tank totally all classed him on it on every level. This clearly level as the boxing and Tank is clearly on another level. Ryan Garcia.
Speaker 6: Now where we're starting at, TAZ, Where do you want to start this morning?
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's start at the Supreme Court of protecting access to the abortion pill. Now, some of you may have been looking at the protests going on over the last couple of weeks. Well, they've been doing it for the last year, but in particular the last couple of weeks. I wanted to cover the story last week, but I was waiting to see what the Supreme Court would do on Friday, And so on Friday they did protect access to a wily use abortion drug by freezing lower court rulings that place restrictions on its usage as appeals play out. Now, as a result, the US Food and Drug Administration approval of the drug MUFA pristone will remain in place while appeals play out, potentially for months to come. The case is most important abortion related dispute to reach the High Court since the justices overturned Row versus Wade, triggering conservative states across the country to either ban or severely restrict the procedure. Now, how this dispute plays out will ultimately ultimately decide if it will make it more difficult for women to access this drug and in the states that still allow abortion.
Speaker 10: So this is an ongoing dispute. It's going to keep going.
Speaker 9: You're going to see it in the twenty twenty four election where folks are saying, you know, hey, should this be left up to the states, should the federal get involved? And it's interesting I'm looking at some Republicans that are saying, now, you know, hey, we need to go ahead and bring Row versus Wade back in a allow the states to make the decision. So it's going to be really interesting as we see election season come upon us.
Speaker 2: All right, well what else we got?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so in Jackson I talked about this before. Oh no, my apologies. I want to do the Ken Porter story. Then on the second hour will do Jackson. But Kim Potter, the ex cop who killed Dante Wright, will be released from prison today. She's yeah, well, yeah, she's the former Minnesota police officer who killed the twenty year old black man Dante Wright when he allegedly mistook mistook her firearm for the stun gun. So she served sixteen months in a Minnesota correctional facility for Right's death. Wright was killed on April twelve, twenty twenty one, after he was pulled over for an expired licensed tag. Now we saw this during the same time that George Floyd a trial was going on in Minneapolis. She was convicted of first degree and second degree manslaughter in rights killing. However, Judge Regina Chu the ex cops significantly belower the state minimum, citing that Potter was clearly remorseful. You guys may remember how she was crying on the stand and.
Speaker 6: Members drop Then one of the family members said, I forgive you something like that.
Speaker 9: No, not in this case. Yeah, yeah, not in this case. That's another case that you're talking about. But yes, she yeah, not, certainly not in this case. She was doing that crying and not one tear dropped, and so Judge of Regina Cheu gave her a lower sentence. But I do want to say this because it does feel like we're not getting anywhere, and there's still a lot more work to be done. But I just want to remind the family that in twenty twenty one, twenty one police officers in the United States they were charged with murder or manslaughter resulting in on duty shootings, which is the highest in a single year, and in the past five years, sixteen officers were charged in twenty twenty twelve, in twenty nineteen, ten in twenty eighteen, and seven in twenty seventeen. Each year, the police kill about one thousand people nationwide. Some of that might be justifiable, some may not be. But there has been a little bit of progress, but we still need more, in particularly passing the George Floyd Justice and Policing Act in Congress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's got to be like one consistent consequence for all these situations, right, because you can't tell me white privilege not real. You can't tell me police privilege not real when you can get convicted from manslaughter a person is dead and you only do a punk ash year because you seemed remorseful. You have many brothers and sisters I've seen seem remorseful after they've committed you know, manslaughter, are murdered, and they're still in there right now doing twenty to thirty. The ain't nobody thinking about all days they sat. They seemed remorseful, But select them out after a year, No way, no way, so.
Speaker 10: Much more to go.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines a wide open, if you had a great weekend or whatever it may be, call us up right now. Agetting phone lines wide open. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club on b et.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club. It is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something. Call him now eight hundred and five five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 11: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: An Economics? That videotipu in Atlanta. But I'm just calling just to say that I had a great time at the Black Effects. That's able, man, it was just a good time.
Speaker 2: Hey, n Economics, Thank you, brother, appreciate your time.
Speaker 13: Hey, yeah, yeah, I think you did it really well man. Honestly, I've seen a lot of people, and I've seen a lot of like love and you know, just having certain people in the city just bringing that influence there. I really do think you.
Speaker 2: Did amazing job. Thank you, brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was flawless execution man, courtesy of a you know, Dolly Bishop and the Black Effect team and iHeart radio.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Thank thank y'all, man, thank y'all for coming up. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 2: My name is Amanda, Hey, hey, get it off your chest.
Speaker 14: Mama, listen, I'm really stump. A couple of weeks ago, I was literally driving back from campus and I got in the car, like when this person was talking on your guys radio station and he was talking about practices and like making your kids work.
Speaker 15: But but you.
Speaker 14: Like, I think you claimed them as a job.
Speaker 2: What's the person today, Wall Street trapl.
Speaker 14: I need so really eli just for him, Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: But Mama, he's not an accountant, so you got to reach out.
Speaker 14: To hear that whole radio station again. I want to hear everything he said.
Speaker 6: Okay, you should check out both interviews. He was here a couple of years ago and a lot of the stuff that he was talking about is absolutely pow sitively real. Definitely check them out. And yes, if you have kids, you can employ your kids. That's what that's what we were saying.
Speaker 16: You can.
Speaker 14: But I got into part too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's Wall Street Trapper. You can go on Breakfast Page and watch both of those INDs.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you. You guys are amazing.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, love so much.
Speaker 3: Have a good one and Trap does the Trapping Tuesday's podcast too.
Speaker 2: On YouTube. You can go to Wall Street Trappers YouTube page as well. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 11: Boys? Boy?
Speaker 17: Did?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: And go?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 8: Tailor tailor, man, hope I had a great weekend. Charlie made shout out to you the bat that bad.
Speaker 2: Thank you brother. You enjoyed yourself.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, man, I didn't go, but I definitely recapping all that stuff. Okay, okay, shout out to y'all, man, But I just want to get off my chest. That fight was crazy. I hope Garcia you'll come about that bag. You think he'll give up that person off?
Speaker 2: No, you don't want it, ye Tak said.
Speaker 3: Uh Tank said in the post post fight interview, he said, he said, I'm not gonna take that man bag.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 11: He funny that bat back.
Speaker 8: Well, also, guys, I'm gonna take you all the package.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 12: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 8: I need some sizes Charlie made with you, like a larger the hoodie.
Speaker 2: Dog, Yes, sir, larger medium, yep, same.
Speaker 8: Medium, Okay, Hevy you dog what you need?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, y'all, okay, get a little tall No large lage usually works me right, I ain't got no meat on in beige bones.
Speaker 8: Oh pus, sure that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta get a job dog ad.
Speaker 8: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: I have a good morning shops.
Speaker 2: Y'all all say you need to get in the gym. You said you lighting the ass.
Speaker 6: That's the two references you made on my bones today. But lighting the ass and I need meat on my bones.
Speaker 3: This don't got nothing to do with nothing. That's regular conversation. That's how we talk.
Speaker 2: You never know what. You need some meat on your beige bones and you light the ass. That's all. I'm finding the asser if you Hey, man, if people think so, I'm not, I'm not knocking them.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one, five one. If you need to vit and hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Five five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 18: Good morning?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 18: Hey, and hey, good morning.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to say good morning to everybody. Charlie Mayne, thank you again for the tickets. I came all the way from the trade and yes, the podcast festival was lit. It was the best experience ever. I went back home. I told everybody, I'm like, man, y'all should have win. I'm like, so get ready for next year because they gonna do it again. The turnout was so good, They're gonna do it again. I was like, y'all missed it and it was.
Speaker 8: It was beautiful.
Speaker 15: I mean, like, like Charlamagne said, no arguments, no fighting, no nothing. As many people was there, it was great. I mean, if that was a trait, somebody would have been fighting everything. I was just I was just blown back.
Speaker 8: It was great.
Speaker 3: It's also kind of how would you fight at a podcast festival? Like there's nothing there encouraging any of that, any anybody to act like that.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, it's no music like that.
Speaker 15: And Detroit they do they fall at the comedy festival. What at the comedy show.
Speaker 2: I was like, nah, Detroit, don't be wilding out. Though I did.
Speaker 6: I did a call shout in Detroit. We had over ten thousand people. We didn't have no problems. But like Charlamaie said, like what would make you want to fight? Like you're gonna watch a podcast, you're getting information it's something that benefits you.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna fight during horrible decisions when they updre teaching you how to work and do sex acts and all types of stuff, like what you're gonna fight during eighty five South show and all they doing is comedy making you laugh, Like, what you're gonna fight? Well, when you're gonna have Why we had a.
Speaker 8: Ball and you had envy.
Speaker 15: I had bought tickets to your car show back in October and my silly show read the date wrong. I went on Sunday.
Speaker 18: I'm looking like, where is it at?
Speaker 15: They like, oh, that was yesterday.
Speaker 2: You missed it. But we're gonna be back there. Yeah, I'm your tickets to still be good. Don't even worry about it. Your tickets will still be out.
Speaker 19: Well, y'all.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to call and say thank you again and to answer your question from last time.
Speaker 8: My birthday is the same day as yours, September third.
Speaker 2: Hey, what you're doing this year for your birth And how old are you? If you don't mind me asking, I'm thirty, you're gonna oh you're gonna be Oh you'll be thirty one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'll be thirty one this year.
Speaker 2: Oh, we gotta turn up.
Speaker 8: Then I gotta do something.
Speaker 15: I might go back to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I usually, you know what, I.
Speaker 6: Usually come to Detroit around my birthday too. We usually do the arm B party. So if if we do it this year, it's on me. So you would come party with me?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 13: Definitely?
Speaker 2: All right, you have a go one and Julie you a trucker. That's right, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: Be safe for them, big am?
Speaker 2: Alight, Well, thank you, big am? Hello? Who's this? What up?
Speaker 11: What up? What up?
Speaker 19: What up?
Speaker 11: What's up? Charlotte may envy?
Speaker 2: What I'm brother?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 2: What's happening to? Brother chest Man?
Speaker 11: Charlie? Man, I'm feeling like scar face right now. Man, I'm in that. First of all, I moved from one race to state, do another one, from Mississippi to Indiana. Man, they whooping, they whooping us up here, like that would pull you over, you say, one little jazzy thing. Boy, they speaking your ass, damn. So I'm like, I'm like, uh, you know, if he's down to crank up and down the ride, well let's go ahead and start a revolution.
Speaker 3: Well let's try the legal away first. Man, you gotta start getting some of them officers on camera. And then you know, we got to call Ben Crump for somebody to get down there and uh, you know, raise some hell. Call to Mika Mallory and I tell freedom them down there to raise some hell.
Speaker 11: Pak fact, man, I know y'all have heard the story about these kids up there and down These kids don't care no more.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 13: Honestly, you know these kids don't care.
Speaker 2: Man. Just be safe out there, brother, y'all hold it down, man, you know it. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. When we come back, we'll tell you what celebrity is calling out for Ben Crump.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to the next It's the Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club. Three damn Monday, man, how y'all feel time? I can tell you man, that's good. Everybody's tired on Monday. There's not a single person on the face of this earth who goes into work on Monday who's uh well rested. All except for me, because I got seven and a half hours of sleep last night.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 6: Morning, everybody, it's the ej n V. Charlamagne the guy. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Tyrese.
Speaker 2: Name or you've gossip beating. This is the rum of report.
Speaker 20: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This were the tea spells right on the breakfast club. Is there ever a good reason to talk about Tyrese.
Speaker 6: Yes, Tyrese wants you all the fraternitys, all the HBCUs, all the black fathers to u unite. He wants uh everybody to go to the courthouse on Tuesday, the Fulton County Courthouse on Tuesday for a peaceful protest for the brother tyres And this is the reason one of Tyrese.
Speaker 22: I just want things to be done according to the law. I'm also gonna call them my brother Attorney Benjamin Crump to join me.
Speaker 2: Judge Kevin M.
Speaker 22: Farmer, we attempted to get this man thrown off the bench. He ends up calling my ex wife a bitch. He said this in the private chambers of his office in front of a black woman named Tanya Menchell Grand who's my attorney. Now listen, win together no more. But I have never referred to the mother of my child as a bitch. To hear this man, this white man who is supposed to represent the law to refer to my ex wife and the mother of my child as a bitch. Why is he still on the stand.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, y'all. Let's just take a moment to give tyres a round the applause. Finally, Tyrese has found a cause that has nothing to do with him. This is a worthy call. He'll stop it. I'm not used to Tyree's making sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Tyrese, of course, he's in court for his divorce and he is claiming that the judge is being racist, and he called his ex wife, Samantha Lee, a bitch. And Tyresee is asking for you know, everybody to go to the Fulton County Superior Court on Tuesday in Atlanta at nine thirty am for a hearing in his divorce case and to peacefully protest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't prove the racist claims against the judge with the you know, and if the judges out here calling his ex wife for b wording and who else he said, somebody else to right?
Speaker 6: Well, he said, he said his ex wife, and he said his attorney was there, and people that work with his attorney also heard him.
Speaker 3: Say that that's the reason to raise some Hell, I'm just not used to Tyree's making sense, and I'm not used to Tyrese, you know, having conversations about things that have nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with him.
Speaker 3: Usually Tyresee is self absolved and it's a cause that just has to do with him. This seems bigger than just him. I think I just well, he left me a message this weekend. That's probably what it was.
Speaker 6: I just hope people believe him, because tyres Is sometimes went left sometimes with things that weren't true.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so he's making sense. I'm not used to Tyre's making sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: So ex NBA coach Phil Jackson he said he stopped watching basketball when players started wearing slogans on new jersey like justice, equality, Black lives Matter. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Do you still watch a lot of basketball or no.
Speaker 7: They went into the lockout year and they did something that was kind of wanky. They did a bubble down in Orlando and they had things on their back like, you know, justice and yeah, I mean a little funny thing like you know, Justice just went to the basket and equal Opportunity just knocked him down. So my grandkids thought that was pretty funny to play up those names. It was trying to cater to an audience or trying to bring a certain audience into play, and they didn't know it was turning other people off. We've had a lot of different type of players that have gone on to be like, you know, Bill Bradley is a senator, but their politics stay out the game. Yeah, it's need to be there.
Speaker 3: Oh, knock it off, Phil, Yeah, I mean Phil, you had a player that started that trend way before it had anything to do with social justice.
Speaker 2: His name was World Peace. Okay, you want a championship, knock it off, come on. Jalen Rose spoke out about it.
Speaker 23: Hall of Fame coaching eleven time champion Phil Jackson claims to have stopped supporting the NBA because it became too political when it went into the bubble and was catering to certain audiences by putting slogans on the back of jerseys and Black Lives Matter on them the same Phil Jackson. They won championships with some of the greatest black athletes in the history of the game, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, made millions on their backs and off their sweat equity. You're sitting up watching the game with your grandkids, and y'all think it's funny when justice passes the ball to equal opportunity. When somebody shows you who they are, believe them, so stop watching forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, also, why would you speak out against that? Like that's the highest level of privilege, right, just because something doesn't impact you, you don't want to hear about it. If Bill don't have to worry about the things that these people are fighting against.
Speaker 6: And if you don't remember that was on the heels of the protester on twenty twenty summer with the murder of George Floyd and the death of Breonna Taylor. And lastly, well it looks like a Shanty and Nelly might be back together.
Speaker 2: They were girls.
Speaker 3: Girl, don't be telling these stories about your fan all right, come on now, don't be talking these don't be talking about people relationships about your fan.
Speaker 17: Girl.
Speaker 2: Let me go on the girl, give me that Monday morning tea. Now, girl, I know everybody was watching the fight.
Speaker 6: Now some of y'all are watching the tank tink on Garcia, But no, that's not what these people were watching.
Speaker 2: There was never things going on in the crowd. That's right, because you see who Nelly.
Speaker 6: Nelly walked in there, and of course he on one side he had Jermaine Duprint and then on the other side, it's not the music a shantip on the flute bomb for Ashanti.
Speaker 2: That woman his agent like the finest and wise and she there's more.
Speaker 6: There's more because you know after you know, they performed together in Las Vegas Sunday a tow beach and they just weren't like performing like she was winn She had her little podunkle dunk on his uh crotch area and.
Speaker 3: Hers got to be able duncan dount. You don't got no nickname for his crotch area, A little papunka dunk. You don't think so, No, you don't think so no, cause they say padunka dunkle's booty. So penis okay, don't all right?
Speaker 2: So her padunka dunk was on his padunkadunk. Now you're talking a little. We got a little audio if you want to hear it. I heard, I heard Shad Mars grabbed his fan. He had some advice. I was going he had some advice for Nelly too.
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 2: What was his advice? He said, Yo, mo, I know we not see an out of eye, but from little bro to big bro, stopped playing and married this woman. Bro, you like fifty, sit your old ass down. This is your queen.
Speaker 3: Good advice. Now, I'm gonna tell you why that's that is good advice. That's always good advice. When a man tells you, you know, you should marry a woman, right, he's recognizing that this is a good woman. You can't do no better. You should be with him. But it sounds better when it comes from another married somebody who just said he's not gonna get right. That's all I'm saying. All I'm saying, girl, You know what I mean. You got to listen to other married people when it comes to things like that because they know, especially married people that have been married for a long time, they can look at the president and say, hey, man, you need to lock that one down. That's a woman, all right, that's what you need to be with for the rest of your life. Bow good advice might be wrong message, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Girl.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was Shla and E with the t seeing it with the t I like that, don't noright, but it's entertainous. Yes, it is all right.
Speaker 6: When we come back, we got front page news and also we have angel recent Flow J Johnson joining us.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 6: You know they're a twenty twenty three nt DOUAA women's basketball champions.
Speaker 2: You know they did the Tony ya yo on him haters, and we're gonna talk to them in a little bit. So don't move us to breakfast club. The morning the Breakfast Club, your mornings will never be the same. Your company has goals this year, find the right people to help you achieve them.
Speaker 3: With jip recruiter, with four out of five employers, get a quality candidate within the first day.
Speaker 2: Try free at jipprecruiter dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Breakfast at jiprecruiter dot com slash breakfast owning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now let's get in some front page news now up testing three year old. Yeah, Good morning chest.
Speaker 9: Good morning, dj MB's Charlemagne and the Breakfast Club family, the.
Speaker 2: Hood whisper what's happening?
Speaker 24: Hello.
Speaker 2: We'll start off with some quick sports.
Speaker 6: Now, basketball, of course, is playoff season, seventy six is finished off the Nets ninety six to eighty eight.
Speaker 2: They're gonna go head to the next round. The Suns lead the series three one.
Speaker 11: He lead the.
Speaker 2: Series to to one, the Lakers lead to to one, The Knicks lead the series three to one.
Speaker 6: The Warriors tied the series to the two, Celtics lead three to one, and the Timberwolves lead thread to one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna close bonds to the New York Knicks. To them right, they bought you. Gotta congratulate Javontink Davis.
Speaker 6: Tanky knocked out Ryan Garcia in the seventh round, Soulie Money.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Fumy. Basically, May and.
Speaker 3: Ryan Garcia tap out. But you know them liver shots ain't no joke. You take a shot to the liver, it's gonna take about fifteen twenty seconds to recover.
Speaker 2: But in boxing you only got ten. Yeah, all right, Well let's start with what's going on in Mississippi.
Speaker 9: Yes, so family, bear with me as I explained this because this is so so important. On last month, I believe I covered a story about how Mississippi was, you know, taking over and creating a new police force, and now they're not stopping at the police force.
Speaker 10: Now they want to control the court.
Speaker 9: So Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves on Friday signed House Built ten twenty, a controversial piece of legislation that will create a court system of unelected judges and prosecutors in the Capital Complex Improvement District known as CCID. Now CCID is a portion of Jackson. So on Friday, the NAACP sue the governor, citing that then two new state laws are racially discriminatory because they focus only on Jackson, a majority black city. Now, the legislation, what it will do is it will expand the Capitol Police jurisdiction. In other words, is going to increase the original boundaries and take over more of Jackson.
Speaker 10: And it will create a new court system in the CCID. Now, instead of.
Speaker 9: Allowing the black citizens to elect their own judges, the new judges will be appointed by white Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and the new prosecutors will be appointed by a white state Attorney General. It is also important to note that the Capitol Police is also controlled by a white chief who answers to a white Public Safety commissioner who answers to the white governor. So in other words, right. In other words, black citizens in this majority black city, they're not involved in the process at all. So let me recap this in simple terms, just so in case you missed anything.
Speaker 10: That I said.
Speaker 9: Bottom line is, the Republican governor is saying, hey, we want to do something to address public safety.
Speaker 10: So we're going to take over policing and create a new court system.
Speaker 9: And the advocates are saying, hey, if you want to address public safety, find but instead of creating a new court system, allow this majority black city to be able to elect their own judges. And the state should just give Jackson more money to hire more city police officers. So Democrat Representative Robert Johnson said, quote people seem to be offended by black people running their own city. I think this is the last straw. This is going to make everybody mount up and organize and do what we have to do to take the city and state.
Speaker 3: Back so they can just take away citizens right to vote like that for such an important cause.
Speaker 2: And y'all still afraid to say the word fascism, right.
Speaker 10: That's exactly what they're doing me.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And the mayor referred to it, and I recover the story last month as apartheid, Like, this is a really really big deal, guys, And so we'll see what's going on with that lawsuit. And basically, again, elected judges is so important. We don't talk about it enough. We talk about federal h we talk about you know, who's running for president and Congress. But I can't stress enough that elected judges have everything to do with how your city is ran. And this is bottom line, taking this away from this majority of black city.
Speaker 2: Now, what's going on in San Francisco?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 9: California Governor Gavin Newsom is directing the California Highway Patrol and National Guard to assist San Francisco authorities in combating the fentanyl crisis in the city. The two agencies will be partnering with the local police Department and the District Attorney's office to attempt to stem trafficking of the deadly opioid. Now, the four agencies together are expected to crack down on crimes linked to fentanyl and increase a law enforcement presence in public areas. However, Newsom's office vowed that the operation will not target those with drug and des instead focus on drug suppliers and traffickers. Now, we remember this, right, that happened with the crack epidemic when they focused on you know, drug users as well, exactly. So Newsom is saying, hey, this is not going to be the problem is time. We're only going to focus on drug suppliers and traffickers. And the multi agency effort comes at San Francisco grapples with an alarming rise in deaths linked to fentanyl, a drug that is more potent and deadly than heroin. And I want to make a note that San Francisco is thirty nine percent white and only five percent black. Why am I making that note, Charle Mayewell, I'm glad you asked, because when the crack epidemic happened, that was targeted on mostly black folks, as we know, and there was not any you know, making any distinction between those who were doing the drugs versus those who were selling it. Everybody was pretty much convicted of the same thing through the mandatory minimums, and that is what they called the war on drugs. So I'm going to be very interested in seeing how this plays out.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you one thing. They promoting this wrong.
Speaker 3: They have to promote and market this to the people who actually use cocaine and other drugs, like, they should say things like, wouldn't you like to have some fencing off free cocaine like the same marketing they gave gluten they have to get fentanyl. Wouldn't you like to get high and not die? Then join us in the fight against fentonol. That's what you need, because if you don't use drugs, you really don't.
Speaker 2: Care about this situation. You really don't. If you don't use drugs, you hear about it. But if you don't use drugs, like you'll just hear it. What is a trickle movement? What is a trickle effect?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Because you got the drug dealers in areas that's messing up the community and certain people in the community.
Speaker 2: But them too, they can go to jail now if they serve people fending off, so they should want fenton off free cocaine to Then you got.
Speaker 6: The users who might not have the money to purchase the stuff that they're trying to purchase.
Speaker 2: So what do they usually do? They usually rob and steale and get the money. That's right, it's a trickle. You should how it affects people.
Speaker 3: They should stop demonizing those people and trying to criminalize those people and talk directly to those people because they're the ones that are acted by this the most. They're the ones that absolutely positively want fencing off free drugs. They should be wanting fencing all off the street more than anybody because they the one that get high and die from it. Catered to the users, is what I'm saying. I think they need to get to use it some help. Yes, that's what I didn't hear that. That's what test to talk about in the difference between the War on drugs when it was cracked and whatever. Would it's definitely not a war. Now you you wouldn't call this award, would you test?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 9: No, No, I definitely would call it. I definitely, you know what call it a war. So I think what the MV is saying is, uh, maybe they need to put more emphasis on the help part of it, And they are saying they're making a distinction between the two. But you know, they're doing a lot of this help quote unquote hell with opioid you know, the opioid crisis, which unfortunately did not happen with the crack epidemic. They didn't do the help part at all. So I think you guys were saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure saying the same thing.
Speaker 3: Don't don't don't don't demonize the user right and weaponize their addiction against them. Catered to the use right, because the user is the one who would want this fencing all free cocaine more than anybody fitting off free drugs more than anybody.
Speaker 6: Whatever happened to that doctor that came up here that was using the Yeah a good question, doctor, Remember the doctor you.
Speaker 2: Said he was using the heroin and they got yeah, doctor Carl Hart.
Speaker 15: You know, I we need to normalize using hero.
Speaker 2: Where is doctor Carhart? Ain't nobody. I haven't seen doctor Carl Hart in a minute. I just want to make sure he's not right. If you strung out? Then, boy?
Speaker 12: That was that?
Speaker 17: Was that?
Speaker 2: Everything everything you said was the damn lie. I need to make sure.
Speaker 3: I need to make sure doctor Carl Hart sprung out. Doctor Carl Hart needs to show up every two months just to let us see him, so we make sure he ain't strung out.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you Tesla's figure.
Speaker 3: Hey, and make sure you subscribe to the uh straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 3: The saluted test test was on the Women in Podcasting panel this weekend at the Black of Podcast Festival. And you know Tas does what she does, pastor, she's a pastor, she's a pimp. Okay, she's a political pundit, a player. You know she was doing what she does.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And let me just say this guy, So do make sure you tune in because I do want to give you five We didn't get a chance to get to it today, but for those that did not make the have.
Speaker 10: An opportunity to join us this weekend. I do want to give you five.
Speaker 9: Tips this week on my podcast on what you need to do to start your podcast. So we want to make sure everybody gets that information for the family that couldn't make it.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, when we come back, we have Angel Reese and floorje Johnson, you know them. They're there, twenty twenty three NCAA Women's basketball champions and we're gonna kick it with them next it don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. More thing. Everybody is d J env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. You got some special guests in the building. Yes, indeed, boo boo boom, boom boom, Champs say, hey, ladies and gentlemen, Floor J. Johnson and Angelies welcome, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi, y'all.
Speaker 2: Feeling great like a chat, like a chance, like a chance. Well, first of all, congratulations on the win. How does it feel.
Speaker 1: I feel good, It's great.
Speaker 2: I mean some time has passed now, so you know, things that have sunk in hasn't really sunk in that. Oh we're the champs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, traveling. We've been on tour for the last three weeks, so it.
Speaker 2: Feel like, Okay, I'm happy.
Speaker 3: I'll want even though I'm a game capture because I'm from South Carolina, you know what I mean. That's my wife's alma mater. But I'm happy y'all won because you know, y'all beat a team that beat.
Speaker 24: Us, So I'm happy most that we did it. We did for the sec I saw you say that though, Angels it was CC for sure for they. Then let's let's talk about the first Let's talk about the game. How did it feel to win?
Speaker 6: And all this press that's coming on after it, right because people are talking about let's about the game.
Speaker 2: Per se and more about this, more about the chipping and the chirping and all that.
Speaker 6: So, so, how does that feel, because they're taking the outside of sports, and I don't know if that's what you guys necessarily want.
Speaker 25: Yeah, no, I feel like we didn't get a lot of the praise that we should have got for the game because we did work hard for the game to win that game, and it took a lot to get to the championship for showing a lot of people didn't think we were going to be there. I mean, everybody talked about our non conference schedules week, they didn't like our coach, all this and that. But then we got there and we won, and then it was just feel like it was taking away from us, kind of from everything. But I mean, to be a part of history like that where nine point nine million people watch that game, I mean, I guess the good comes to the bad.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be the most watched woman's college game.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 26: More people watch the girls than the boys.
Speaker 2: And they played your song after y'all won, right.
Speaker 19: Facts, I was holding the trophy and they started playing my song Big Folk Freestyle.
Speaker 26: It was crazy, but I wasn't playing like nah, DJ Shanna shout out to her.
Speaker 19: But like we met her when we first landed in Dallas and I was telling her, like a rap so you need to be playing my song the whole time while we're here at the final four. She was like, for real, so come happen, Like we're going to line up, She's playing the instrumental while we're going like calling our name like that's crazy, and then we won. She played it, and man it was crazy. American air loz Arena was turned.
Speaker 2: We love more rapp of basketball.
Speaker 26: I love both of them for real.
Speaker 19: So like I got like a strong passion for basketball because like it's like a continual like way like.
Speaker 26: To reach growth, and you can never reach perfection even in music.
Speaker 19: But I feel like I got more time with music, like with basketball, the ball and stop bouncing one day, like you know what I'm saying. But like music, I feel like that's forever. So I'm just trying to hone in on basketball as much as I can.
Speaker 3: I met your pops back in the day, really yeah, because like I said, I'm from South Carolina.
Speaker 2: So the DJ for Pure Pain was DJ Blord.
Speaker 3: Yeah from South Carolina, so he would always be playing the pure pain drops, be playing all the music. They would always come to the market chout in South Carolina, Like, Yeah, Friends was.
Speaker 2: A big, big record.
Speaker 26: Yeah, that was the one man, two thousand man.
Speaker 19: That's why I'm just just so important for what I'm doing, just trying to make sure I keep that legacy alive because a lot of people don't know, like you know, because you're from the South, but like a lot of people around the world, and they starting to know and understand my story. So that's why it's so important for me to finish it out and tell it and go to the biggest route.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying earlier, I said she'd redo Friends, but I'm like, nah, probably wouldn't be good for her image.
Speaker 26: I want to I want to take some time with that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I feel like It'savannah. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know in the South, that's a classic record, Like you know what I'm saying. So when I come on there, I want to make sure I come correct and what everything I got going on right now?
Speaker 26: Not right now, but it's no you know, it's no telling.
Speaker 6: Absolutely now Wayne, will we shout out to you said he wanted to do a record with you. How was that conversation? Y'all pulled up at me on the call show too. Y'all came in to the CARTU right, no, oh yes, yeah, yeah your mama.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but no, like Wayne, like he was on ESPN shout out Shue Bird, but like she was like, you know, He's like, yeah, shout out kill Mooky though, because she really threw the alley you.
Speaker 26: She like telling him like, I got a rapper on my team. You need to get with her.
Speaker 19: He on ESPN they plugged me. He's like, yeah, we're finna do something musically. So I hit up his managers. He like send me to open.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I do you want better?
Speaker 26: I'm pulling up on you.
Speaker 19: You know, he got a show in Atlanta this weekend, so I'm pull up on him. We're gonna cut that and it's going up.
Speaker 2: Scared scared of what the record win?
Speaker 26: Nah, I ain't scared it nah, because when y'all hear what I'm finna put them on, y'all gonna be like, oh, you know what I'm saying, Like, this is the moment.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting for.
Speaker 5: Charlae man, like for real.
Speaker 19: So I'm really like, I'm really excited that I finally get to like show the world on that stage because that's the legendary future.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's one of the top three greatest rappers of all time?
Speaker 26: Top three for show.
Speaker 2: How did this relationship happened? Outside of basketball and the summer time?
Speaker 26: It was rough?
Speaker 1: Was rough and like like that I didn't I didn't like her. It was like I didn't know she was gonna make it.
Speaker 25: She cut, she showed up, l She's coming there, chalk trash. The team didn't like her. I know the team didn't like her because they didn't want to play with her, and I was like, I want to play with her. But I was telling her like you gotta you can't talk to me, how you talk to somebody else? Like we cut from different places. So she got she understand that. Coming as a freshman, it was hard. But then I don't know, going through the season, we just got locked in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 26: Like she was late showing let me tell you, let me really tell you why.
Speaker 19: I was in pick up and I was killing them for real for real, but I was talking trash, like talking wet crazy. That's a freshman crazy, Like usually first one don't come in like that, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: They come in quiet, trying to feel it. I'm like, nah, this is my like what's going on? You know what I'm saying? Like, and I just had that energy and.
Speaker 19: If you're busting that, he was like, you know, just gotta to you know what I'm saying, like just turn it down. And I forgot Like I used to play with dudes, you know what I'm saying. But I'm like these females, so it's different, Like you talk trash for due, y'all really could fight and y'all get off the court, y'all cool.
Speaker 26: But with girls, it's like different. So she told me, like, you gott to tone it down.
Speaker 19: And then I was on my wrapper time like in the summer, I'm wrapping in, I'm hooping at the same time.
Speaker 26: So I'm coming in. I'm late. I don't got on the right clothes.
Speaker 9: Like I.
Speaker 2: Had to run the stadium thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I was good stadium steps that turned discipline, Oh yeah, yes, did it?
Speaker 2: Like you now love me.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine angels telling anybody to tone it down, telling people to tone it down you're telling somebody to turn it down?
Speaker 2: What you mean?
Speaker 7: I just know.
Speaker 25: I just know when they come to my teammates, it's I know how to talk. When it's anybody else, it's free smoke. Like it's free, it's free smoke.
Speaker 2: We got to ask the hand just in the face with where did you get it from?
Speaker 23: What?
Speaker 2: What was the influence of that? Was it Tony? Is it Johnson?
Speaker 25: It's Tony Yo for show? But people don't realize that, like they think it's John Cena. But I really know, like Tony Hair was the one. But she did it first in another game, and I was like, oh yeah, bet say no more.
Speaker 26: I got something.
Speaker 1: I got something for every single person that try to play.
Speaker 6: Did you feel like they of course when they attack, you felt like of course because you were black and she was How was your mental with that?
Speaker 2: Could you see her do it in the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I already knew what it was gonna be.
Speaker 25: They always got to find something to say, so I knew it was gonna be something about that they were gonna say it. So, I mean I was happy to be one and I got the publicity. We all got the publicity team, so we was up.
Speaker 3: I ain't you know what I think people don't realize about y'all. Like y'all know how to play the game outside of the court. I know how to be performative to get everybody talking. But I see a lot of discipline on the actual basketball court. And even hearing that you told her to told it down, like, oh she did it.
Speaker 2: Get it, yeah, Coach Moki.
Speaker 19: First of all, she don't play that like basketball players. First, Like this is the thing, my coach Moky. Like everybody think they got her appearance about it.
Speaker 26: I love them, love it to death.
Speaker 19: But like she want to see us grow as students and then basketball players. Like and then what else she said, whatever you do, you're gonna be an astronaut long as you have my practice on time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: So she just let us be us.
Speaker 19: But it's still that discipline and structure there, and I feel like that's what I needed. More discipline, more structure, you know what I'm saying, because like I've come from doing what I want to do, like you know what I'm saying. So in a sense, but like like she gave us that structure on the court, like we do things the right way. But We're still gonna put our flow on it and din she loved that because we.
Speaker 2: Are who we are. How long did it take for you to buy into that?
Speaker 19: After the stadiums, I was littum.
Speaker 3: Did you see yourself and her angel when you came in as a freshman?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 1: I was scared.
Speaker 25: I mean, as a freshman you come in, I was a little I wasn't as confident as a nah.
Speaker 1: I definitely wasn't.
Speaker 25: So I kind of got humbled my freshman year because I broke I came in, I was doing well and I broke my foot. So it was a setback for me. And luckily she had an amazing freshman year and that's a blessing to come in and start freshman the year everything she wanted to accomplish on the court and off the court. I mean, that's just the blessing right there.
Speaker 2: Well, do you transferred to l s U?
Speaker 1: I need any start?
Speaker 25: I mean, I know what I wanted for myself, and I want to growth in a coach like Kim Walkey to push me every day. I want her to cust me out every day, like tell me I'm not good enough, and I feel like I'm still not good enough. All the accolades that I got this year, they're still not good enough because just being able to have a coach like that, and she keeps me humble, so I needed hurt. And I mean, I don't think I'll be in a leadership role anywhere else other than USU and being able to grow on my platform on and off the court with just something.
Speaker 2: Why I kime over Dawn, I know you made a visit, made a visit. I wanted to be.
Speaker 1: I want to be South Carolina.
Speaker 25: I mean, they the powerhouse, so I wanted to I told coach when I came to LSU, I want to go back to what Simon and Sylvia did. So just being able to go to the program with something I wanted to do.
Speaker 2: We got more with Angel Reason, Floor J. Johnson. When we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is the DJ, en Vy Charlamage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Angel.
Speaker 2: Reese and Floor J.
Speaker 6: Johnson. Now you're gonna have a talking on your back next year, Yeah for sure. And now how do y'all make sure y'all stay focused? Y'all make sure you're repeat what you guys do, stay humble.
Speaker 19: Yeah, sure, we keep ball first, you know what I'm saying. We keep it first, and we work though, like we work for sure our practices trying to feel me so like we know we the hunting. No, you know what I'm saying, and we understand that.
Speaker 26: Because of what we do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 19: I told any like day, like you know what I'm saying, You dish it, you gotta take it, you know what I'm saying. So that's why we got to be ready because I know they coming, know they coming.
Speaker 25: Is their pressure to repeat no, because we ain't even expect it when this year we wanted weren't supposed to win this shit. We wasn't supposed to win this ship, but we did. We put into work and all the you don't even see, like all the work that we put in and for it to come together at the right time, it was crazy.
Speaker 19: People don't remember like this year too, like you know what I'm saying, Like in her tenure, this year two, it's our first year together.
Speaker 26: So like I got a chip year one, you know what I mean.
Speaker 19: So, like we weren't supposed to be here, but we got the number one recruiting class coming in. You know, we got transfers coming in, so you know, we we're trying to build to that to be in the final four every year.
Speaker 26: But like we weren't eve supposed to be there. They counted us out.
Speaker 2: Is Haley transferring from Louisville?
Speaker 1: Where is she coming out us? You won't know.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard that somewhere.
Speaker 1: You know, we hear a lot of things.
Speaker 2: How did y'all feel?
Speaker 26: She's a good player?
Speaker 6: I love to play with the first lady invited both teams to the White House. But how did y'all feel when she invited the ops to the White House?
Speaker 26: First time in history?
Speaker 1: It was I mean, it was frustrating just to take away from what we already done.
Speaker 26: But it is what it is.
Speaker 1: We're still gonna go as a team.
Speaker 25: I'm from Maryland, so I mean, I've been to the White House before, but I've never been where I can sit down at the table and tap the buzzart.
Speaker 1: So it's the one time opportunity in life. So being able to have her. She came back and said what she took back what she said, and we're gonna go.
Speaker 3: I was it did not say what y'all really wanted to stay like y'all feel so sorry for the white girls that we beat them.
Speaker 19: Now, I think I think on Twitter, we really got to, you know, express how we felt when we said how we felt, like I did.
Speaker 26: I made a tweet and I was like, you know, if we lost, will we be invited type thing? You know what I'm saying. So I think that question alone, just like leave some silence right there and just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So with that backlash to you angel from the school, like, what do you mean We're not going Yeah, I smoke.
Speaker 25: I spoke out of emotion, like just being able to not speak for the team. I mean I didn't speak for the team. I was speak out of motion because I still stand up like I'm upset like that. She she still said that, But I'm gonna do what's best for the team for show. And I know a lot of them have never been to the White House, so I'm not gonna take that away from them. I mean, we still won, We still wanted we want to get that experience.
Speaker 19: Like that just shows her as like a leader for the team, you know what I'm saying to like go back and be like, Okay, I was speaking out of emotion.
Speaker 26: I took that, you know what I'm saying, and be able to give us that opportunity. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It open your eyes to what white America looks at, y'all. Like when they started saying, y'all aggressive, y'all did, and then you go back and you see the white girl do the same exact thing.
Speaker 2: Did that open your eyes at all?
Speaker 19: I think that's why it was so big, you know what I'm saying, because it was like they did the same thing, you know what I'm saying, and it was blown out of proportion. But I think like it's time for this, like take the situation and grow the women's game.
Speaker 26: For sure.
Speaker 19: It ain't like and white, it's ball players on the court, you know what I'm saying. I feel like we so far from that. So I think it's right here. Just it just grew the women's game, Like we got superstars in women's basketball now it's been unheard of.
Speaker 26: You have an Angelie, you got a Kitlyn Clark, you know what I'm saying, Like that's.
Speaker 19: Never been heard of before. Like so I think like that moment was pivotal and it was what it was, but it like grew the game in a crazy way, for sure.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we were debating trash talk like that.
Speaker 3: Even when people say, well, no, what Angel did was different because you followed her around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who cares?
Speaker 1: And Lebron That's what I'm saying. They get to it like from Baltimore, Like that's what we do, Like we talk trash.
Speaker 2: I just heard.
Speaker 5: That's what we do.
Speaker 1: Like that, that's just what we do.
Speaker 25: So like, I ain't never gonna stop doing that anytime. I'm gonna do that for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like the conversation should have been more about, uh, the double standards of gender as opposed.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like, how can we go to game?
Speaker 25: How can we go to the game when y'all putting black, black, and white women in the picture? It's women's basketball, Like we're both being successful women in the game. I mean, people are watching women's basketball because me and Kaitlyn now they're literally and we're kind of be in the face of the face of women's basketball. I understand that we're going to go down to history for this, Like when I look back at it and I come back and come to LSU when I'm about fifty sixty years or I'm like, damn, we just we just did something like we were part of history. And even with the NIL stuff like me and Flage, we're leading in n I L as black women like you got to realize that. So just being able to be in this moment, I mean I embraced it for real.
Speaker 2: Those lashes at sixty you think, yeah, if.
Speaker 1: You see my mama, if you see my mama, my mama fine and she and she fifty so yeah.
Speaker 2: Or I was gonna say, do you do you guys want to play w n B A.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to play in the w n B A, but I know I have a career outside of it. I mean, it's not I am. I mean, I'm not in a rush. Trust me, We're not in a rush. We chilling right now. I want to win as many championships as I can l s U and do as most as much as I can l s U.
Speaker 26: So I'm sure, but I think that should put like the w n B A on notice for real.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 19: Y'all gotta start getting right, you know what I'm saying, Because like we were in college, right now, we're getting charter flights for all of this right, charter flights were getting paid.
Speaker 26: We got n I l Now it's like, give me something to want to. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think y'all gonna be the generation to change the w for sure. I think so you're watching y'all now and paying attention to y'all. Now when y'all get to the W n B A, that rivalry not going facts. Wena be wanting to see Angela and it's gonna be How do y'all stay focused in discipline though? Being that y'all are making money now?
Speaker 19: Man, you I just like live the same way. Like I'm a college student. I feel like it's the best year. I'm gonna I don't have to play, no rent nothing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: I'm trying to stack.
Speaker 17: What car?
Speaker 1: You find about?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: Deal for the car? I'm not paying.
Speaker 25: My mama still paying my car notes, so I'm cool. I'm saving as much as I can whatever she needs to make sure she has.
Speaker 2: So it's a car you got. Okay, that's a practical keep it cute? How totally you guys?
Speaker 26: I'm six three on five eleven.
Speaker 2: Five eleven, So we have this conversation post both y'all playing with me?
Speaker 25: And wait, let me say, how tallly y'all because I know men be lying about how y'all you six.
Speaker 2: Five, I'm six foot? How to be asking questions your business? Five five five for seven? Would y'all ever date? No? No, the size of y'all. I'm sorry, short kings, I'm sorry, kings, mis'll blessed so mad. I'm not married.
Speaker 25: I don't like but I feel like the short guys from my experience, they treat they treat tall women a little better than this.
Speaker 2: So if you know that and this is I'm sorry, but I'm just like anyone. Babies like you gotta put on six and chills. That's what I'm saying. Like what y'all worried about money or actual love? Love? But you want to be with a tall person just to breed.
Speaker 26: Like I'm no, I'm going to be looking down at you know.
Speaker 2: It's not my brother six nine, like my my man needs to be up there, happiness. Get all the money right now? Five six and y'all don't even know what yet. Okay, are you a rock nation?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 26: I got a distribution deal with EQ label deal.
Speaker 19: Yeah, all my masters and stuff like that, and they just give me the resources I got, like creative control.
Speaker 26: I love it over there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: It's really what I want to do, like when I'm getting my degree in is but I want to own my own record label.
Speaker 26: So this is really setting me up and showing me the business. Literally like an internship. But it's my job.
Speaker 2: So I haven't met Whole yet.
Speaker 6: When you meet Whole, right, do you ask him for a verse? Because you're getting a little Wayne versus be like big homie.
Speaker 26: That's what I'm come on, you gotta bless me. You know what I'm saying. But I wanted to be at the right time. You can't play with the whole verse, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, don't put them to the side of the brunch.
Speaker 26: Don't do it that I missed the brunch because I had practice.
Speaker 2: I was so mad, Oh my god, Like you're trying to miss that that practice for that brunch. She probably did, but I'm going to I've never heard this.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting to watch you over the next few because you have three more years, right, you got one more.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be interesting because you got you got another ufl want.
Speaker 26: If she really wants to love, we want Angel to stay.
Speaker 2: We love I want.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought about that too, because you know where the Lee of Boston and a few others at South Carolina, they could have stayed another year, was getting beat up on so bad out there, you know, getting double team that was better for her.
Speaker 1: I ain't worried.
Speaker 26: I mean, she don't see every defense that I see.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I've seen it.
Speaker 25: I mean, just to see how my body gonna be after this year, I mean, and where I can go potentially, because I want to go to a team where it's like really marketable, like coming to New York or coming up, going to Atlanta, Dallas, l A, something like that.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna help me.
Speaker 26: Not Seattle.
Speaker 25: I mean, I wouldn't mind going to Seattle, but I know where I'm gonna be able to be marketable because I got I want to do fashion and I want to be broadcasting and stuff too.
Speaker 2: All right, will don't move. We got more with Angel Rees and flor J. Johnson. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is d J Envy, Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Angel Reese and Floor J. Johnson, who's been in your d ms, and that you've been surprised about what's short kings.
Speaker 2: About. Just to congratulate you all congratulations, that's congratulations.
Speaker 25: I'm gonna say all congratulations is the clear air because I know how, I know how I get.
Speaker 21: Yeah, we're gonna say it anyway, but ahead talk with the short guys, all of them shorter than me. Drake Future, that's.
Speaker 2: The one you gotta be careful of. You said too that you need to stay God congratulating me.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, these are all congratulations.
Speaker 5: That's DJ call.
Speaker 2: Basketball Call of the Crib. Did he say that yet? I'm doing run at the OVERO facility. Oh my, that is terrible.
Speaker 1: My team makes it like you got too much.
Speaker 2: She got She's too powerful.
Speaker 25: Na.
Speaker 19: A lot of people have been showing like for me, like people in the music industry, like a lot of trying to work like I just got hit up by like why Cliff because I did the Ready or not Lauren Hill London on the track, Shack.
Speaker 26: Is like, yeah, that's a lot of people have been showing that.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: Shock got a lot of flacks, and Shack said Angel's degree now athlete ever.
Speaker 2: I texted him.
Speaker 1: I called him after that. I was like, you put you know what you did? You know what you did? How much pressure you just put on me? You know how much? He was like, I don't give up.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, do you feel like you're the best athlete?
Speaker 1: I feel like I haven't done nothing yet. So I told him, don't even say that.
Speaker 2: Want a Championship's what his thing was.
Speaker 25: He think, you I want a championship, But I just don't feel like I've done enough. Like I don't think I've done enough, like I want a championship.
Speaker 1: I don't even realize.
Speaker 25: How much, like how important, how much waited hold. I don't understand that. So when I can actually like do a little bit more, if I go to your two and I dominate, we dominate, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we go back to you think you need a player the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I might. I don't know. Yeah I could have, Yeah I couldn't played it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, So I say, what do you think you need to do more? What do you think probably?
Speaker 25: I mean that's probably gonna hold some weight, some player, player of the year, another championship is gonna hold it's going what's gonna hold? Wait? Because I feel like I'm getting the treatment, like the Joe Burrow treatment up there, Like I feel like I'm getting that type of treatment, but like another championship, maybe a player the year will hold some more weight.
Speaker 1: But I ain't think I ain't no way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think you can handle the next few years of trying to recording the album? Basketball and school?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I got like I got a team now. Before it was just me and my mom. She was doing an amazing job. But like I have a team now and they really see the vision. It's hard to execute stuff and people don't see your vision to understand what you want to do.
Speaker 26: But now that they see, like, oh I see it creeping like you can do it. You can do both, you know what I mean?
Speaker 19: So I think that all I need is a studio on some content and it don't take too much. Be it appearances on the weekend. I'm back at practice on Monday, like I've been doing it for a long time, but not like having a set schedule and just being disciplined in that schedules and diskouts.
Speaker 26: The women.
Speaker 3: If you see one starting the slack, whether it's school or basketball, would you put the rapping to this?
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, for sure, I'm tying it up for sure, But like wrapping it, don't It don't feel like a business. Mean is more like a therapy for me, Like this is how I let out my emotions. Like basketball, I'll go to the gym, I could shoot it out, but like this how I talk it out, just like therapy, like how you talk to a therapist. Like that's how I feel like that music is for me. So it's more of a thing like that. And then it just turned into a business because I'm just.
Speaker 26: Good at it, you feel me. So I think it all just go hand in hand.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing mentally and emotionally just to keep this keep this together?
Speaker 25: Writing stuff down, I feel like, and I pray a lot, Like I got closer to God this year. I feel like I do a lot of devotion. I READO devotion every day. Just being able to pray every day and then just write down a lot of thoughts and talking to my mom a lot.
Speaker 19: So yeah, I think I think God take away a lot of that the extra you know what I'm saying, Because like we start realizing we worry about we don't supposed to be worried about, you know what I'm saying, So just praying and like I got a lot of resources at LSU that they give us. They give us a lot of resources, a lot of people on staff, like Coach Shaante. She will be helping us like spiritually, and you know, just just being able to keep us on track. Just make it easier for everything that we got going on because what we're doing is new, and I yell is new.
Speaker 26: It superstardom is new. So like just having resources and people to be around us.
Speaker 2: What about the haters, I know it's a lot of them.
Speaker 26: They're gonna be there.
Speaker 19: That's they gotta do their job. I mean, you know what I'm saying, They gotta do their job. Whenever you're doing something great, it's gonna be something. It's like you gotta expect it now.
Speaker 26: Like they just troll.
Speaker 19: That's what the internet for for clicks. But I don't let that too much. Faith y'all never see me in person, said don't.
Speaker 1: People Yeah, they like social media.
Speaker 25: They it's like it make you feel like the world's so small, Like, yeah, people be thinking like what you say on social media really don't get that, don't get to me, like, nah.
Speaker 2: What about teammates, Like how does the teammate feel? Because you know, y'all are.
Speaker 1: Our teammates are so supportive. They are supported.
Speaker 25: We buy each other's merch, like wear each other's merch like very Our team is rearely support have been like you don't see, like all the n I O do is that we do. We make sure we get back to our teammates. My whole team coach bags, got my coaches bow's headphones. So like just being able to do stuff like that for the team, I think they love They love us because did they get in free stuff? Oh god?
Speaker 2: Every week? So scared you when that number came out of how much you was making.
Speaker 1: They don't know how much I'm making yet.
Speaker 2: Of Okay, okay, okay, well you got family members in your pocket, and I know yourn my my lights off.
Speaker 26: I'm like, how long your life's been?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Crazy?
Speaker 2: We appreciate you guys, So we got to ask.
Speaker 6: You know, your rapper probably one of the biggest platforms out there, got some for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me see. You shouldn't blow your nose first.
Speaker 11: I heard.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 26: I'm allergic.
Speaker 2: That's how y'all beat them. Remember that teams next year let the dog literally.
Speaker 19: Look, I feel like I give you my all because you don't care what I got. I'd be so scared to keep it real because I know where everybody not and you're supposed to be supporting you too, Scared of a pop. I know they waiting for me, scared at the top. But look, everybody gotta go through something, so I never judge. I could have been broken and hat but nah, I never was, never felt betrayed in all that pain until I fell in love.
Speaker 26: You ain't got a dollar to your name while you're still in the club. I'm rich and out.
Speaker 2: My people broke.
Speaker 19: I feel like I could never grin and I was sicking a loan. This music was my medicine. You beautiful, you strong, your power in your melani. When I spit, they feel it in they bones, It's in their skeleton. I'm keeping it real. It's in my blood. That's how I'm telling it. It ain't about my family or my money. It's irrelevant. While you let them play it like a dummy, you can intelligence. If you keep your clothes on your body, you can leverage it hard work or do it man, I'm gonna walk in testimony. I saw what you don't get if you don't grind. I learned my lesson, Homie.
Speaker 26: I get on my knees.
Speaker 19: I'm thanking God for putting blessings on me. Really, I'm gonna go get every down thet them been destined for me. I'm about to tell you they all fake, even your main man.
Speaker 10: You know they don't like me.
Speaker 19: While you hanging with them, same friends supposed to be fo well, I guess you changed plans.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 19: I showed you all my cosmen. You played me with the same hand. Been by myself for a while. I know how the lones feel. On the second strike, I told him walk, but he's still on the field. Now I'm in the sky box watching games. Waller on the shield and they're still sleeping on me. Keep him in that Comba steel for the I got the call, play for Kim, I got the ball. I just wanted focused on myself and passed a lot of y'all. I want my team to eat. I could have scored, passed a lot of balls. Thank you to the fans for support, and we love all of y'all.
Speaker 2: Know was her biggest hype the pivot doing the same thing. I'm like your Angel. I shout out your team and or your friends. Everybody.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: Shout man, first of all, shout out to God for making this hav a, shout out to Kim, Shout out to the team man, shout out l s U. We love you, bat and rugs to buy you Barbie. You know angel most definitely got.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 26: I can't because that Wayne one.
Speaker 2: Lord, y'all know what y'all doing. You know what.
Speaker 6: Appreciate y'all for joining us. And shout to LSU because I know you have to get Clarence to come up here.
Speaker 2: So appreciate you.
Speaker 7: You oh.
Speaker 6: Went to college, went to college, school of hard knucks you made. Appreciate your injuries for Johnson. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, right, yes morning, everybody. It's DJ en Vy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk NAS.
Speaker 2: Name or you've got chatting God. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 20: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. Thishere the tea spells.
Speaker 2: Right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Now NAS, who is on Swiss Beats new album, and they got a new single called Runaway Shout the Swiss Beats. I think he's going to be joining us this week now in celebration of hip hop's fiftieth anniversary. Swiss Beats is dropping album, or I should say EP dropped it a couple of days ago Friday, and he has Nas on it and Nas talks about being a bad father and.
Speaker 2: We all go through that. I never feel like I'm getting it right right. You know, yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: You know at times it's like, you know, your kids have games, but you also have things that you have to do, and it's a balancing act and you try to balance this is best that you can. But you do realize that sometimes when you offer the finances, the financial stuff so they don't have to pay for college and they get the best schooling and the best and the best at sometimes that means you might miss a game, or you might miss a recital or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's just part of it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm talking about like the time, right, that's what you're speaking up too. But I'm talking about like the just projecting your own insecurities and anxieties onto your children, projecting projecting your own traumas onto your kid.
Speaker 2: You know, that's that's that's like the hardest part, I believe.
Speaker 3: And then you know, there's no manual to being a father or a mother, even though there's a million books written about it. Everybody got a plan that they get punched in the face, you know, And I think everybody situation is different. You can't follow anybody's one thing.
Speaker 6: But you know it's like you said, there are a zillion in one books, but everybody's situation is different.
Speaker 2: That's right. So none of us ever feel like we got it all the way right. And when you start having more kids.
Speaker 3: You know, I guarantee you the youngest get treated way different than the older, did you know.
Speaker 2: Because you're trying to figure it out the first the first child and the second child.
Speaker 3: I know that my oldest is fourteen and she tells us all the time the differences she sees absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the way we raised the younger ones asolutely. So imagine shot shout out to my wife, Giah.
Speaker 6: We are actually writing a book, real life, Real family, where we talk about raising our child, our children at different steps. You know, we got one that's twenty one, and then we have one that's one. So it comes out next year. It's gonna be very interesting. And like you said, it's you kind of learned from the first.
Speaker 2: One and what not to do. I'm sorry, Yeah, I'm sorry, oldest Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, Cardi b Now, according to all hip hop dot Com, they obtained legal documents that show that car has given the right to start seizing property owned by Taysha Ka.
Speaker 2: So you know, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: If you see somebody and they can't pay you, then you can start garnishing their wages, you can start seizing their property, their assets.
Speaker 2: So it looks like that's what she's gonna do.
Speaker 6: If you don't remember, she was awarded nearly three million dollars in damages and attorney fees and at one point two five plus one point two five, so she's gonna be able to get some of that money. I guess they're gonna start seazing properties, bank accounts and all that stuff. Cardy being stopped, she wants all her bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I hope that other people on you to learn from this, because all it takes is somebody who has the time, you know, and and the money and sometimes being aware because a lot of times you're not even aware of a ninety five percent of the things that are being said about you on the internet.
Speaker 2: But if something comes across.
Speaker 3: Your desk that's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form, you punch that person in the mouth, quick fast, in a hurry.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 3: That's why you gotta respect those seasoned desists when you get them. Okay, you're right, get told season desists. They're laying out everything that you saying that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Keep it up.
Speaker 3: See what happens. Yeah, next thing you know, you're getting your property ceas and that goes to any media outlet.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you know, you let that that pride hurt you. But if you got it wrong or you got it wrong, just say, yo, my bad, I did it wrong. I said it wrong. This is the real story.
Speaker 2: People do it all that day, do retractions all day long. I promise you them clicks and like Saint worth it. No, I don't care how many times you don't se subscribe now, o'kay how many times somebody donated a dollar to what you're doing.
Speaker 3: You don't want these kind of problems, not four million dollar problem. You don't want them now. Lastly, Jamil Hill talks about jay Z with Jason Lee.
Speaker 6: Of course, on the Jason Lee Show, they talk about the partnership with the NFL and if it benefited the culture.
Speaker 2: You look at that partnership with jay Z in the NFL, what do you think.
Speaker 27: I didn't love it, you know, I mean I was critical of it. Obviously. I have a lot of respect for jay Z. I know what he's done for culture. This is and you know, I feel like I always have to qualify because I know how dearly our culture holds him as they should and respect and reverence to him, and obviously Beyonce too, and I know I know what he was probably thinking. But you're dealing with the different group of people here in the sense of like they needed the access to the culture.
Speaker 10: A super Bowl halftime show was on life support.
Speaker 27: Nobody was with that show at all, and as soon as he aligned, he gave them access to something they didn't deserve.
Speaker 2: That's what I haven't seen an alternative.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Folks had so much to say about the partnership, but nobody offered and alternatives, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's bigger than the super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 3: Think about how many think about how many community organizations, how many how many organizations these NFL players have that have gotten money directly from inspire change, and how many community communities have been better because of it. Like it's bigger than just the halftime show. Such a Jameldo. That's the home all right and that is your room? Report now, charlam Man?
Speaker 2: Who you giving that? Donaldkatu Man?
Speaker 3: Four after the hour, we need to talk to this guy named Jorey daz Vega. When I tell you that he's out here committing prehistoric crimes. I didn't even know people still did this. But we'll talk about it for after that hour.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: We'll get to that next, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Introducing the game, a new single from the Locks, Rick Ross and Fat Joe. This track is more than just a tribute for hoops culture, It's a lifestyle. Find out more at DraftKings dot com. Slash the Game available now on all major streaming platforms.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're telling the watch out for Florida Mia.
Speaker 3: The craziest people in America come from the Bronx in all of Florida.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 28: The Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 2: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 28: Florida man is arrested after that say he rigged the door to his home in an attempt to electric hit his pregnant lights.
Speaker 26: Police arrested at Orlando man for talking.
Speaker 3: To Fromada to the breakfast club, bitch you donkey of the day with Charlam Hayne the guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know why y'all keep letting him get y'all like this.
Speaker 3: Do all y'all do it to y'allself. Man Donkey of the Day for Monday, April twenty fourth. Coach to a man and kissing me Florida. His name Sime Cassimi. You're right, his name is Jorge Diaz Vega.
Speaker 2: I should know how to.
Speaker 3: Pronounce that as many times as I've been there, Salutor, everybody who listens to us in kissing me Casimi Casimi on one oh four point five to beat in Orlando, Orlando's hip hop and rn Bee dropping the clues bot for Orlando, be strong?
Speaker 17: What up?
Speaker 2: That's right? What does your uncle.
Speaker 3: Shalla always say about the great state of Florida? Cate, What does your uncle Shaula always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida. Yes, Salutho Orlando. I love Orlando. My mom's sister, which we make her my aunt, has lived in Orlando my whole life. I used to go down there all the time as a child. Now my child is always there for cheerleading competition. So I have a lot of love for Orlando. And kiss me me, Simmis, kiss me me what okay, Kassimi. But this man Jorge is ruining what some call the experience at the happiest place on Earth. Yes, I'm talking Disney, Okay, the happiest place on Earth for kids, the most stressful place on the earth for adults. And this man Jorge has added to the stress because he's out here at the tender age of twenty six, committing crimes that were happening in the mid nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm telling you. When I heard the.
Speaker 3: Crime this man committed, I thought to myself, what in the November fifth of nineteen fifty five, back to the future, ass criminality is going on here?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean this is something Biff would be doing at a sockhop.
Speaker 3: All right, kids, I know you have no idea what a sock cop is, but ask your grandma, our granddad.
Speaker 2: They'll fill you in later.
Speaker 3: Now, in all serious no, in all seriousness, the crime this man committed that the crime.
Speaker 2: That I didn't even know is still existed.
Speaker 3: This is literally the polio disease of crime. Uncle Shala, what are you talking about? The polio disease of crime? You didn't know this disease still existed.
Speaker 2: What are you saying? I'll tell you what I'm saying. Let's go to NBC two for the report. Please.
Speaker 29: Orange County deputy say a man admitted to recording upskirt videos of guests at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Twenty six year old j Hey Diz Vega is facing video voyeurism charges after deputy say he admitted to taking videos for around six years, accumulating around five hundred of them. The arrest report says Vega worked at the doc on Dar's Den of Antiquities in the Galaxy's Edge. He would allegedly take the videos his guest shopped around the store. A Walt disney Worlds folksperson says that Vega does not work for the company.
Speaker 2: I did not know this crime still existed, Envy, did you no folks still attempting to look up women's skirts in twenty and twenty three? Crazy, Hey, Jorge is.
Speaker 3: Out here recording of women's skirts in twenty twenty three like some sort of prehistoric pervert. This man had over five hundred videos on his phone and he willingly showed some of his footage to law enforcement. And his reasoning was because he said, it's hard to find those types of videos online.
Speaker 2: I repeat, he said, it's hard to find those types of videos online. Or Hey, what the hell are you talking about? Okay?
Speaker 3: In nineteen forty, was hoy Heey frozen in some type of government hibernation experiment and he's just being unthawed now?
Speaker 2: Is he just waking up with us?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: You committing crimes that Wally Cleveland was trying to teach Beaver to do. And you're saying that you can find those types of videos online, videos of guys going up women's charch Usually I research these kinds of things, but I don't want that in my browser history, because recording up a woman's dress and she doesn't know it is absolutely a crime. But sir, if poorn poom is what you are looking for, okay, if that's what gets you off, there are no shortage of vaginas online. I mean, vaginas go viral every second of the day. Have you ever heard of pornhub? All right, porn Hub is to go to for so many of us.
Speaker 2: But in researching this morning so I can be accurate, I stumbled across porn Dude, which shows you not just porn hub, but also over one hundred and thirty six free porn tube sites just like pornhub dot com matter of fact. Or hey, after you google porn hub, google other sites like pornhub. No, like literally type that in other sites like pornhub, and you will see hundreds, no thousands, of vaginas, press, threesomes.
Speaker 3: Two men, one women, two women, one man. Whatever your sick, perverted mind can think of, you can find on lines. Not to mention, VR porn okay, virtual reality port that's right, You don't have to watch in third person anymore. You get a VR headset or a smartphone fitted in the head gear and while I you are now.
Speaker 2: Seeing a scene from the point of view of one of the performers.
Speaker 3: Or hey, what you got arrested for is not only criminal, it's literally like going out of your way to use a payphone in twenty twenty three, imagine sitting in a residence.
Speaker 2: Could be an apartment, a house, a trail, or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: You in a residence and it's two in the morning, and all of a sudden, you decide you need to make a phone call.
Speaker 2: And there's two smartphones in the house, fully.
Speaker 3: Charged, great plans, you can make any call you want, but you decide to bypass both those smartphones that may be within six feet of you to drive all around Orlando and kissing me. Did I say it right, Cassimmi, Kasimmi looking for a damn payphone to use? Okay, that's the game you are choosing to play in twenty and twenty three. Or hey look, or hey, I don't know if maybe you're just not up on all the current technological trends.
Speaker 2: Are you just one of the biggest perverte we've.
Speaker 3: Seen thus far? But what I do know is that Donkey of the Day was made for people like you. It was made for people like you to get the credit they deserve for being stupid. And this in twenty twenty three, is indeed stupid. Please give jor Hey dias vega the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 30: Oh no, you are the doggee of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 2: Ye, strange world we living it is, strange world we living it is it's only twenty six. It is a fifty six. I might understand super crazy, you know what I mean? And let me just tell people out there.
Speaker 6: Kasimi is a place maybe about fifteen minutes outside of Disney, where a lot of people get their airbnb's from.
Speaker 2: It's a great community.
Speaker 6: So if you ever want to go to Disney and you want to get an Airbnb or you want to stay someplace, it's a great place to look as Kasimi. It's like fifteen minutes from Orlando. The drive is not that novel Orlando. I love kissing me.
Speaker 2: What I love kissing me?
Speaker 6: I will kiss yourself kissing me? All right, it's because send me all right, Well, thank you for that. Donkke today, sir, and shout to b E T. Everybody on BT will see you guys.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, everybody else, Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred.
Speaker 6: Five eight five one oh five one. A little pause you took after we gotta take a pause a little week. No, no, we got to take a pause. I have to take a pause yourself, really good, See, I got to take a second.
Speaker 2: I kind of absolutely. I wish you would pause yourself more oft than you deserve it. What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you? Was in Atlanta all week and you've been kinky all morning? Nothing? Listen, Atlanta ain't got nothing to do with me. I'll go to Atlanta and my my business. Correct. All right, let's open up the phone line.
Speaker 6: We're talking to Polo G's mom, and Polo G's mom said this about her.
Speaker 31: Kids coming from a person in an impoverished community. I never had a Stasha, right, so I wanted my children to have a stasia.
Speaker 17: I want my children not to know the struggle. I wanted my children to know.
Speaker 12: What support was.
Speaker 31: I wanted them to know that many times we are hardwired to think that in order to be successful.
Speaker 2: We got to go through some sheep.
Speaker 17: You don't have to go through some live your life, be my child, all figure out the rest.
Speaker 25: It doesn't have to be all in.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The question is station back by the way, dropping a clues bomb and Station Mac Man station manager extraordin there handles all the business.
Speaker 2: Now we're asking eight hundred and five A five one oh five to one. Do you agree?
Speaker 6: Do you agree that your child should not have hardships? Do you agree with your child maybe you shouldn't have to do the things that you had to do.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: Now, if you look at Shaquille O'Neil a couple of months ago, she kill O'Neill said the opposite. Cha Kill o'meil said, that's his money. He gonna make his kids work and they're gonna have to do whatever they gotta do.
Speaker 3: He said he wanted his kids to finish school. He said he wanted his kids to finish school. He said, you know, not touch none of my money less you get a degree.
Speaker 2: Oh he said that. Okay, I agree with Station Mac. Yes I do too. Now I do think yeah, hardships, Yeah, build character and all that other stuff.
Speaker 29: Do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they do it not. I just know that's the only way I knew how to. I went through things because of the circumstances I was in.
Speaker 6: But I will say this, life is not about being rich and making money. That's not what life is about. Life is about enjoying the moments. People have been dying so fast, people have been dying so early. So if I could bust my ass so my kids don't have to go through the stuff that I had to do and work at the long hours that I had to do.
Speaker 2: That's right. I don't have a problem with it. Life's about being happy, yes, and that's all. I want my kids to be happy.
Speaker 6: And I say this over and over and over again, and I think you guys out there, if you have kids, you should think about it as well. You just want to be happy at the end of the day. And I tell my kids all the time, I don't care what you want to do in this world.
Speaker 2: Just be happy. That's right. And success is subjective, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: There's somebody out there right now making thirty forty thousand dollars a year, but they got a place to stay, and they got food on the table and they are happy. And on the flip side, there's somebody out there making forty million dollars a year and they waking up stressed out with all types of problems, and you know, they depressed and got ans.
Speaker 2: I all taped it stuff, right, So it's all about being happy at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one do you agree with Station Mac? Let's talk about it to breakfast Locole Morning.
Speaker 2: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: I ain't going wait man, had your opinions to the breakfast club topic? Come on eight I did five eight five five one.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne de Goude.
Speaker 6: We are the breakfast club. Now you're just joining us. We're talking about Polo G's mom. She said this recently during an interview, and we're just taking your thoughts and comments on it.
Speaker 31: Coming from a person in an empoverished community.
Speaker 17: I never had a stasia, right, so I wanted my children to have a stasia. I wanted my children not to know the struggle.
Speaker 31: Many times, we are hardwired to think that in order to be successful.
Speaker 17: We got to go through. So you don't have to go through some live your life.
Speaker 25: Be my child.
Speaker 17: I'll figure out the rest. I've done enough. You didn't even ask to be here.
Speaker 31: So if you're gonna be here and you're gonna stand Tantosian, you're gonna make the grades.
Speaker 17: I will be your mom. I will be the supporter. I will be the financial backing and just live and be.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I agree with Station Mac and you know, we have these type of conversations in my house. Man, what's the point of building all these businesses that have your children and you know, go work for somebody else, Like my oldest is on payroll with me now. And No, I don't want my kids to have to struggle. I'm trying to raise trauma free babies. I went I went through the struggle because that was the circumstances you know, my parents went in. But the whole point of life is to bust your ass so your kids don't have to struggle the way you did. And all I want to do is create the kind of circumstances that my kids need so they can do whatever they desire to do. Like a lot of times, our options are limited based off where we are from and what we have access to. So I want to put myself in position to create the kind of circumstance that.
Speaker 2: My kids can really truly do whatever it is they desire to do. Yeah, No, absolutely, And like you said, I got you know, both my olderes On payroll. I got Madison and Logan. But this is the thing.
Speaker 6: So my parents are from Brooklyn Rutland Road in Brooklyn, right, and they worked hard and they overwork to get me out of that environment have me growing up in Queens. They put me in the best schools, They paid for me to go to Hampton. They did everything that they had to do to make sure I was out of the streets and out of areas where the streets could take over and possibly kill me. They did what they had to do to make sure I was good. That put me on a level where I'm at now. And now I'm trying to do the same thing for my kids. Whatever it takes. I'm trying to work hard. I'm trying to bust my ass because at the end of the day, I want my kids to be happy.
Speaker 3: That's right, and that's part of breaking generational curses and generational trauma. Y'all sound crazy as hell saying y'all kids. You know, y'all want y'all kids to struggle. None of us want our kids to struggle. We want our kids to understand the value of things.
Speaker 2: Correct. You want our kids to understand the value of hard work.
Speaker 3: But if I can prevent my kids from struggling, why I wouldn't I It's called nepotism, bes and I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The white communities do all day, every day. You know I'm not mad at it in no way, shape or form. I do not want my kids to struggle. I just want them to understand the value of things and the value of hard work.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: And I tell my kids all the time, I don't care what you want to do. I want you to be happy. As a parent, me and my wife's job is to make sure that we make it work. So if I say it all the time, if my daughter wants to do nails, yes you can do nails if that makes you happy. But Dad and Mom's gonna figure out how you're going to own a bunch of nail salons.
Speaker 3: But that's what I mean when I say, you want to create the kind of circumstances the kids need so they can do whatever they desire to do.
Speaker 2: I don't care what field my child decides to go in.
Speaker 3: I just want them to have that freedom and that flexibility to be able to go do it because of the opportunities in the circumstances that you know, my hard work is created.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 6: And one other thing I will say too, I'm also me and my wife believe in seeing our kids enjoy it. I know a lot of people wait till they die and then they want to leave a whole bunch of stuff for their their kids. I'm opposite. I want to see my kids enjoy what I worked hard right now, vacations, whether it's whatever it is, I want to see it.
Speaker 2: I work hard for it.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna spoil my kids. And what Charlamage said, yes, as long as they value, They value where it came from, they value the money, they know how hard it is, and they respect it.
Speaker 2: That's it. I don't have a problem with. Let's go to the phone lines. Hello, who's this Hey, what's up?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 8: It's Markets from Houston.
Speaker 2: Text Marcus from Astown talk to his brother.
Speaker 18: Man, Man, you know what, what's so crazy? I totally agree with y'all man like about you know, wanting to be there, take care of my key and them not having to worry about nothing. But then at the same time, I kind of agree with Shad because the generation is not the same versus like when we were growing up. Like I feel like it was a little coming on us, but.
Speaker 8: We had like the mind because like you know, it wasn't so much mental health.
Speaker 18: Then like I feel like us doing this as a kids and just want to take care of them. It takes away from the.
Speaker 6: Nah I never said take care that you know, not have the responsibilities. They still gonna have responsibilities. Not my kids kids just sit home all day and play video games. They're gonna have to get out there and do something. But I just want them to do what they enjoy. Now, let's say my son is nice in video games, and there's a big market for video games.
Speaker 15: If you.
Speaker 2: You told that too, but he's just not gonna be at home doing nothing. He has to do something. He has to do what he enjoys. But that's what Shaq said.
Speaker 3: I know there's a couple of clips floating around, but I heard Shaq say want these I think it was on earn your liegia. Actually he's like, I'm not giving these kids none of my money unless they go to college. They got to get a degree. I thought that's what he said. So that's still that's still like not an ultimatum, but it's a goal it's giving you a.
Speaker 2: Goal to reach. I would, you know.
Speaker 6: I would never say this to my kids, but I do feel that some kids are for college and some kids are not right. I believe they have to do something, whether you're an entrepreneur, whether you're getting into business or something, because some kids are just not into it.
Speaker 2: Thank god my kids are.
Speaker 6: But I'm not mad if one of my children said, you know, Dad, I don't want to go to school, I would I'd rather take this way. I want to be a real estate agent. I want to be a mechanic. I wouldn't be mad at that. If you went to trade school, I wouldn't be mad at that.
Speaker 3: Actually, Shack said that his kids need to have two degrees to access his inheritance.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the quote now. I said, I got six kids.
Speaker 3: I would like a doctor, somebody that owd a hedge, funt of pharmacists, lawyer, someone that owns multiple businesses, someone to take over my business.
Speaker 2: But I tell them I'm not going to hand it to you. You got to earn it. So he wants this kid to have two degrees to access his inheritance.
Speaker 11: Hello, who say, Natasha?
Speaker 2: Hey Natasha, where you calling from? South Carolina eight o three metro. What's happening to talk to us? My mom?
Speaker 32: I feel exactly what Shak said.
Speaker 17: Children need to.
Speaker 15: Know exactly what hard work is and the value of a dollar.
Speaker 18: But I'm not going to let my job struggle. And there's anything that I could do for him, I'm going to.
Speaker 15: Make it happen versus me, happen the way I did.
Speaker 18: Grow it up to struggling this fool struggle with cold tuging how to get a text book?
Speaker 32: No, by any means.
Speaker 18: If I have it, I'm going to take care of it.
Speaker 11: But he is going to know, she is going to know what.
Speaker 8: Hard work is. But they need to have a degree book.
Speaker 18: I get to require to have a degree or a trade.
Speaker 32: It don't have you know, it may it don't have to be, you know, a four year degree.
Speaker 15: Somebody needs to get a two year degree in the trades.
Speaker 12: And I got.
Speaker 7: Graduate this here.
Speaker 2: I just said the same thing.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have to be necessarily a college degree, but it has to be a trade something to further that education with whatever they.
Speaker 2: Want to respect, I'm with you. I respect that so much. And work and y'all and you thank you, love you too. And you're teaching your kids the value of hard work. You're teaching your kids that nothing comes easy. You're teaching your kids that nothing comes for free, right, you know what I mean? Like I had to bust my ass for this, so now I need you to put in some work so you can get access to this, right.
Speaker 6: And I also think, you know, we focus too much on the dollar sometimes and sometimes it just has to be happy.
Speaker 2: And I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 7: I know you.
Speaker 11: I know you.
Speaker 6: You're probably like you're saying that, but this is the thing. I love this like I love music, I love DJ and I love producing. I love talking to you on the radio. I would do it for free, hope and boys ain't listening because I love it that much. Charlam said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't, no, no, no, I feel the same love for it. I'm not doing it for free at forty four years of age. I'm not saying that now. But I would have did it for free when I was. We did do it for free. You know, they know would have. We did do it for free. What are you talking about? We had we had internships, internships. I worked for Wendy for a year and a half.
Speaker 3: You never received the pay check you're talking about you, right, I worked for I work for free too.
Speaker 2: Yes, you did do it for free.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is but but but all of that, all that did was even though we love something, that taught us to value of hard work. And I think that's all we really want to do is instilling our kids the value of hard work. We don't want them to have a sense of entitlement, correct, you know what I mean? Now on the side, let me ask you a question. For all these interns now to get paid, do you think they feel it the same way? Because we didn't get paid. There was no payment. Like when I was doing mixes and doing ships, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Pay I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I don't think you find your love for something if there's a dollar attached to it. I think that you know, you have to recognize opportunity when it's not a paycheck attached to it.
Speaker 2: Because I got I didn't get paid, but I still wanted to go every day.
Speaker 6: That's how much I loved it. It wasn't like a there's a check at the at the end of it. I just wanted to do it so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you can truly find your love for something if they're a dollar amount attached to it.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if you can truly find your love for something if you're still getting a check for it. If that's your motivation to show up every day, if that's your motivation to show up on time, if that's your motivation to work hard, I'm not sure, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us, we're talking about Polo G's mom. He was talking about basically creating a lifestyle so that kids wouldn't have to struggle.
Speaker 2: And it is not the whole point. I can't even believe people argue with not I don't want my kids to Stru's absolutely right. But let's let's talk about it when we come back as the Breakfast Club. Go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: So five want to join it to the discussion with.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning, everybody, it's eej Envy Charlamagne to god, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 6: If he's just joining us, we're talking about Polo G's mom. Now, she was talking about working hard till her kids wouldn't have to struggle. She doesn't want her kids to struggle. She want her kids to be okay and happy.
Speaker 2: And I feel, let's say the clip coming from.
Speaker 31: A person in an impoverished community, I never had a Sasha, right, so I wanted my children to have a station. I wanted my children not to know the struggle. Many times we are hardwired to think that in order to be successful.
Speaker 2: We got to go through some You don't have to go through some shit.
Speaker 17: Live your life, be my child. I'll figure out the rest. I've done enough. You didn't even ask to be here. So if you're gonna be here, and you're gonna stand tent togian, you're gonna make the grades. I will be your mom. I will be the supporter, I will be the financial gapic.
Speaker 2: And just live and be Station Max said nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: And you know one thing that she said that's super true in that clip is she said she didn't have a station Mac growing up. Just like Shock kids didn't have a Shock Envy. Your kids don't didn't have a you. My kids don't have a meet. We are here to break all generational curses, and those generational curses are also financial as well. Right, We got to create circumstances that our kids can thrive in. Can you imagine how great you possibly would have been envy if your parents, you know, because they did create a circumstance and need to thrive. But what if they already came from a circumstance of thriving and not just surviving.
Speaker 2: Well, not only that, it was certain things that we had to figure out.
Speaker 6: I had to bump my head and figure out which was you know, I bought my first house when I was twenty two. My interest rate was fourteen percent. You know, at one time I had the row accountant. I wasn't paying the taxis the right way? I didn't know, you know what I mean. I had to figure all it out creating businesses in LLCs and buying businesses and buying cars and homes and LLCs. It was things that I just didn't know because I wasn't priffy too right that my kids will know.
Speaker 2: That's right. We come from no information, no information, zero, figuring it out ourselves.
Speaker 6: But not even that, Like I even tell everybody, you know, my parents never invested in money. They never invested in anything because they didn't know. They didn't have no money to invest in that too. Like my mom was an English teacher in South Carolina. Like the most she ever made was like thirty thousand dollars a year, and she was trying to take care of five kids.
Speaker 3: And my dad, you know, he always kept his hustle going, but he had about his fight with something's abuse and you know, drugs and things of that nature. So he didn't really probably have the money to invest like that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: That day, my dad was a police officer. He didn't have no money to invest in. Jesus Christ, all right, but let's go to the phone line. Think about it now, you'd be like Jesus, like, good morning, we're talking about how you raising your kids.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts, mama, Okay, good.
Speaker 32: Morning having me. I think that is a rich people's sports. That lady is rich, so she's more than capable of her children. Like that book for the nine to five people, like myself, I feel like the child should have more responsibility and hold their own.
Speaker 3: Really, with nobody's saying the kids in that responsibilities, I didn't take that from what she said. Nobody said any of that, Like nobody said the kids should have responsibility, like.
Speaker 32: I'm saying, they shouldn't like just have a handout like you get in one thousand dollars a week just because you're getting good grades. I feel like they should. I don't feel like they should have to struggle, but they should work for their money because that's how it's going to be when they become an adult, when they don't have their parents anymore, they're going to be looking for that guys and hand out.
Speaker 19: From the world.
Speaker 3: And that's just not how I got My daughter on salary right now. It's like thirteen thousand something a year. She gets that money based off what she does at the house. She's got chores she needed to do at the house, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And she acts.
Speaker 3: Sometimes as me and my wife's assistant personal assistant at the house, so she has things that she has to do in order to get that money.
Speaker 2: I'm not just giving it to her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my son and my daughter they're both on salary, and in the same thing, they have things that they have to do. My daughter has to she's at the office, she has to work. My son has to work, and then they take their money and whatever it is, they pay for cars, they pay for their tuition, and that's what it is. But uh, they still have to have responsibility. Nobody's just giving anything away. They still have to do things like I had to do as a child. I you know, my kids don't got to wash dishes. The reason being is, you know, as a kid, I didn't have a dish washer.
Speaker 2: Was we got two dish washers and my daughter washing dishes. She puts my kids, my kids put it in the dish washer.
Speaker 3: But that's part of the fourteen years old You in there washing dishes before you go to bed, that's part of it.
Speaker 2: You got a dish washer, we got two of them, and you still make a washing dam right, So what's the part purpose having dish washers?
Speaker 3: I have no idea because I don't watch dishes. They got to take you up, take that up with my wife. But clearly she's instilling something and my daughter that she's going to need, right, And that's all we really want.
Speaker 2: We just want our daughters and.
Speaker 3: Our sons to understand the value of hard work and understand that none of this comes easy. So once again, don't weigh your hardships and what you went through versus what versus what your kids call hardships and what they're going to go through because hopefully they don't got to go through nothing that you went through.
Speaker 2: That's how you know you did your job right. What's the more, O little story? If there's more? I think I just said it. Yeah, surprised you donna use the dish washer though, bro.
Speaker 3: We do use it, just watching. But my wife, my daughter definitely washed the dishes every night. That's part of her, part of her her, that's part of her job to make that salary every year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I ain't gonna lie. I pull out the paper plates and until we got company. I love doing that too.
Speaker 6: Oh after that, all right, well we gotta talk Southwest? Why because Southwest is wild. Somebody spilled rice on the plane and they said, we not moving this plane until somebody.
Speaker 2: Picks up the rice. I don't know who raised you. She really said that.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about it when we come back at the breakfast club. Good morning, body is dj n.
Speaker 3: V Charlamagne the guy we are the club with the angel reaching floj for pulling up to it from LSU.
Speaker 2: Y'all are so stupid in the comments. I cannot stand when I stand whatever I stand next to, somebody talk You'll be like, damn Charlamagne show you are sure sixth threes six three? How's you're talking about? She's six foot three? Did you do look turny?
Speaker 3: I would standing next to somebody six y three. Somebody put it in the comments. I look like the annoying little brother you gotta take every place with you.
Speaker 2: They're like a toddler. But anyway, let's get to the room with let's talk Southwest Airlines through my whole lot of names. Or you've gossiping when you chatting gods. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 20: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right on the breakfast club. This is so classic.
Speaker 6: Now a Southwest flight from Atlanta to Houston, so you know that was a black plane, one black city to another black silf. It was delayed last week after a flight attendant allegedly refuses to let the plane take off. To somebody who dropped rice, picked up or pick up the rice in the aisle.
Speaker 3: That sound like somebody black mama, somebody black grandma, somebody black aunt. Ain't nobody doing nothing until y'all clean up this damn room. Ain't nobody doing nothing till somebody clean up this damn kitchen.
Speaker 2: Who s built the rice on the floor. That's what she said. Ain't ain't gonna be no TV, no YouTube, no tablet, no nothing. You clean up this rice. Now.
Speaker 6: The passengers on there said that they went from road to road trying to find out who dropped the rice. I guess who are contained?
Speaker 2: Is it a rice? She even got on the loud speaker and was like, who raised you?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 2: Who like listening to too much? TK Kirkle, Let's play the audio.
Speaker 28: I didn't see it happened, but apparently one of the last passengers to board spilled a large amount of what looked like some sort of Asian fried rice situation and was really really mad about it. She went up and down the aisle and asked each passenger one by one loudly, who's spilled the rice. Another flight attendant came and put a paper towel on it and again said, we're not leaving this gate until someone cleans up this rice. Jake gets on the loud speaker says again that we're not leaving into this rice.
Speaker 10: It's cleaned.
Speaker 28: So she cleans the rice, but the entire time she's yelling at all the passengers about how nobody was raised right and how disappointed she is in all of us.
Speaker 2: What if it was somebody from the last plane, What if it was somebody from their last because they clean it gets cleaned. They said it was probably that. They said it the last pass and one of the last passions to come on a plane that dropped it. Why she had to emphasize the Asian Frida rice.
Speaker 3: I said, God, nobody was asing on that plane because the amount of profiling that would have happened.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. How she know what type of rice it was? That's wild?
Speaker 6: But the plane she had that wound up cleaning up herself, and then the plane finally took off, so shout the Southwest air Lines.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I honestly, truly, I think you should clean up your area. But I mean some things you just can't clean. But so much, you know, I mean, you probably can get some of the rice up with damn can't get every colonel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, well let's go over to Pete Davison. All right, now, Pete Davison's in the news yesterday. He was at the Knicks game and a fan was seen trying to put his arm around him, and Pete Davison pushed the fan off of him. That's because they only showed the short video. And this is why I hate some of you guys some of the times. Now, this fan put his arm around Pete Davison, not once, not twice, but three times, trying to take a picture of whisperings something in his air. The last time, Pete Davison did what I would have did the first time. Get your arms off of me, get your arms around me. So Pete Davidson pushed the guy away like he should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't know what that guy said. That guy might have said, somebody's penis in his ear. Can't just come up to no man, put your arm around him and whis for somethingbody he's penis in your in his ear.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know what he said, but he had his arm around Pete Davison three or four times. And Pete the first time was nice, the second time was nice, but the third time like off me.
Speaker 2: Is one thing I know for sure, Pete Davison, no bother, nobody, No, you know what I'm saying. No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: He's not even that kind of presence of his self preservation kicked in where he felt like he needed to shove somebody. I would probably uh, I would probably side with Pete in that situation, even though I don't know the situation.
Speaker 2: Knowing Pete, I know that he's not that type person.
Speaker 6: And also Pete was driving with his girlfriend allegedly because I don't know if that's his girlfriend, but that's what they're saying. He was driving through Beverly Hills last month and they saying he lost control of his bends and it drove through someone's yard and crashed into the side of someone's out Huh. Yeah, they said that happened last week. It was on TMZ last week they said no, yeah, no, sorry. Last month they said that no one was injured. They said he wasn't cited at the time for the crash, but there was no drugs at alcohols factors, so it was it was just a mishappy, just lost control.
Speaker 2: What's that guy to do with today? With the push not as both of them, it was two peep pepe to the next peep.
Speaker 6: And lastly, we reported Friday that ysl Attorney was arrested for having prescription drugs.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: At first, they said they believed he was sneaking the drugs in for his client, but they said it was his prescription drugs, that it was his drugs that he got arrested for, so you got order of it.
Speaker 4: I mean from the start, the whole thing seemed to have been staged, and you know, the warrants essentially alleged that he had a prescription bottle with his prescription medication and there was another dosage of the same medication in the bottle, which is not uncommon for the doctors to say, oh, well, you were on this pnimillograms are going to change it to that, and then to have them in the same bottle is not really an issue.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not a criminal, I'm a patient.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was humiliating and felt like some kind of retaliation for something, but didn't feel.
Speaker 16: Good retaliation, he says, after he accused prosecutors of lying to the court. He made those claims earlier this week during a bond hearing for his client, Miles Farley, who's charged with murder. Prosecutors called Minette's his comments false and baseless. The state also says they had nothing to do with his arrest or any other issues involving defendants and sheriff's deputies.
Speaker 3: So question, why wouldn't you say that from the beginning, like soon this day about the arrest you, whyouldn't you say I got a prescription.
Speaker 2: For those I think he did, and the locked him up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then he threw his phone to a colleague, and I guess when he threw the phone to the colleague hit an officer and they said that he threw the phone at off.
Speaker 2: They were trying to charge this this attorney with a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: But at first the story came out last week, oh that he might have allegedly been trying to give it to his client, But that wasn't the case at all.
Speaker 3: I hate things like that because nobody's going to talk about what actually happened as loud as they talked about what originally happened, you know what I'm saying. So nobody's going to say, oh, that was he had a prescription for that. You're not going to hear that as loud as you heard. Oh, lawyer in the yslki's tried to slip you know, one of the members of YSL some drugs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I wanted to report it, just to make sure that that was cleared up. And also I didn't notice.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: If you're ever traveling and you have prescription drugs, you're supposed to carry it in the original container.
Speaker 2: That's what I do all the time.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that, because sometimes when you're on a plane, I don't want to carry the big bottle. I just put it in an envelope and put it in something small so I could put it in my bag.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: But yeses, you have to have the original container with the prescription in your name on that container, because if not, it could be a.
Speaker 2: Problem for you. That's what I mean. Number one. Who first of all, if you're taking your stuff out, you probably got some illegal drugs if if you got them in just a baggy or something. But I put.
Speaker 6: Mine in a ziplock. Though when I travel, I put mine in a ziplock. What you want Remember when I had this stuff to spray in my nose just to clear my nose. The pain pills is not a pain pill, wasn't a surgery, but it was. It was like this thing that you're supposed to put in like a water and sprayed up your nose. But I would carry that in the ziplot. I would carry them big ass the big ass cases.
Speaker 2: I definitely keep. Can you just pull Jose out of a zip lot pull us out? No, damn ziplock.
Speaker 3: I had it in my bag, but saying I keep my cholesterol medication in this prescription. It's it's bottom.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well that is your room or report.
Speaker 6: Up next, we got the People's Choice Mix and again Marmana, you guys made twenty eighth my car show in Memphis. We're doing it for young Dolph. We're gonna have dolls whole fleet. It's gonna be amazing time. Kids fiving under a free If you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Your company has God this year. Find the right people to help you achieve them.
Speaker 2: With jip recruiter, with four out of five employers get a quality candidate within the first day.
Speaker 3: Try it free at jiprecruiter dot com. Slash breakfast at ZipRecruiter dot com. Slash Breakfast punting.
Speaker 2: Everybody's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Shout to BT. This was week one, right, Yes, this is going to bet. I feel like I've been longer than that.
Speaker 3: Oh it's because they've been here practicing, and we've been you know, well, they've been here for a while.
Speaker 2: They've been in the building a while before we started this week on B two.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, practicing and getting things right. So shout out to the whole be Et staff. We appreciate you guys, and don't forget you could catch us on be Et every morning at nine a m.
Speaker 2: Just to turn us in. Everybody is EJ N V. Charlemagne the guy. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Now, Charlamon, you had a successful weekend out in Atlanta, man, I do man.
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to salute everybody who came out to the first ever Black Effect Podcast festival. You see me holding up my Black Effect hat up that Mitchell and Ness did because you know, we sold those for the first time ever this weekend at the Black Effect Marketplace in Atlanta, Man, and everybody was grabbing them. So salute to everybody who you know just came out. Can't wait to do it again next year. And I really got a salute to Nissan because Nissan partnered with the Black Effect Podcast Festival. The further highlight and initiative we did last year called the Thriller Possibility Summit Man. The Thriller Possibility Summit was an event where we invited a whole bunch of HBCU students to hear from a whole bunch of people who graduated from HBCUs HBCU alumni and the things that they're doing in their life and their careers now, just to you know, give these kids some positive inspiration, you know, possibly you know, find some new mentors.
Speaker 2: And we also had a fifteen minute panel at.
Speaker 3: The Black Effect Positive Black Black Effect Podcast Festival with Nissan that was moderated by me featuring Lennee Jackson from Nissan and three students that were at the Thriller Possibility Summit Man. They spoke about how Nissan's Thriller Possibility Summit was a life changing event and helped them to achieve the next step in their career. Nissan also hosted the Black Effects Pitch Your Podcast Lounge where attendees had the opportunity to record their own podcast and it was powered by the twenty twenty three Nissan Area Okay and that was on display for the attendees who went to the lounge and the podcast festival. You know, it just simply would not have had I've been without the partnership and collaboration with partners like Nissan.
Speaker 2: So Nissan, thank you. Okay, as a.
Speaker 3: Proud former Maxima owner who's probably about to buy him another Maxima for the summer.
Speaker 2: You need that Pathfinal, the path Path which I already got a truck. Though I got my I got my two thousand four Escalade with three hundred thousand miles on it.
Speaker 3: I want to get the Nissan uh Maxima. I used to have had a Maxima note not too long ago, like in two thousand Path Final got three.
Speaker 2: I got three rolls.
Speaker 1: All the kids.
Speaker 2: I use it all the time when I take the kids to baseball, all the sports stuff. What's the kids on there?
Speaker 3: What's so funny is my guy Tommy used to own a Nissan dealership and so he let me hold a Nissan Maximo. So I was driving a Nissan Maxima. Did he ever give like old six seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give it back.
Speaker 3: I go six to seven. Actually yeah, it was like go six oh seven. So Salutor Tommy and Salutor Nissan man, just.
Speaker 6: Thank you Nissan. All right when we come back. We got the positive notice to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Waning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is the j n V. Charlamagne the guy, y'all to Breakfast Club all right. Now we gotta shout out to Angel Reese for joining us.
Speaker 2: That's right. And Flows and I don't know why I keep saying Flows, you a flow j and you got a positive note. I do got a positive note.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 3: I also want to tell y'all make sure y'all go check out Me and Envy Man. Me and Envy we pulled up to South Jersey and we did a million dollars worth with our good brothers Gillian wallow Man. So make sure you go to million dollars work for Game YouTube and check out that conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, the positive note is simply this.
Speaker 3: If you want to support people with their mental health, be willing to believe in things you cannot see. Be open to the idea that people experience things you know nothing about, and except that your personal lived experience is not the only lived experience.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club finished for y'all. Done,