Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne to God, piece to the plane.
Speaker 3: It is Tuesday, Yes, it's Tuesday, Yes it is. And we got a special guest host. And you better keep that same energy all morning. What that same flirting energy you be doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, play dumb, now play clueless?
Speaker 5: And now kis you just want to make me jealous?
Speaker 1: Him? You? My wife Gia Casey is here. Hello, Hello, hello, beautiful people.
Speaker 2: That's right. And today our book is released. The paperback to our book is being released today.
Speaker 1: Yes, real life, Real Love. That's right.
Speaker 2: So you can pick it up Barns and Nobles, Amazon or whether you.
Speaker 3: Purchase your books at some of the sponsor in Actually the airport too, so a couple of spots in the airport as well.
Speaker 1: So the national best seller. That's right.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you're out and about, definitely go pick up the book. How are you feeling getting up this early?
Speaker 5: I wasn't happy about how early I had to get up to get ready.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, It's normal, all right, because the kids got to get up a school.
Speaker 5: No, I slept for one hour, sent between getting the kids wrangled and getting ready to come here. Okay, yeah, I slept for one hour. So if my eyes are a little red, that's.
Speaker 6: The reason it smoke some slurred and and be.
Speaker 5: Around with me in an even worse situation. Good adfyce, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Now today, of course we got front page news. We got to talk about Don Lemon.
Speaker 1: He was fired, talk of calls and he was fired too.
Speaker 2: But Rick Ross did all for Don Lemon a job, and we'll talk about that in the rooms. And also we have a special guest joining us, Marion Williamson.
Speaker 3: Mariyon Wimson is running for president. She has a lot to say because the Democrats won't even do we the DNC won't even do a primary for Democrats, right, so she's upset about that. And it's the third she should be. It's the third time she's running, right, Probably I remember two, it I all remember two. But she might have ran it another time. I don't know, Okay, all right, I just remember twenty twenty, all right, So we'll get into all that. Of course, next we got front page news. Teslin figureot will be joining us, should be breaking down everything that we're discussing, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club on.
Speaker 4: B E T.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's dj n V Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Gia here today.
Speaker 1: Wanner, babe, how you doing good? Good good?
Speaker 2: And now let's get into some front page news.
Speaker 7: Hey, Teslim figure out, good morning, Breakfast club family.
Speaker 3: The hood whisper tesling figure row is hell. Give us some of that cable, dudes, t wait, wait before you do less than let me do some quck sports.
Speaker 1: That tea is hot, ain't it? Yes, it's hot.
Speaker 2: The Lakers beat the Grizzlies one seventeen, one eleven, and then he beat the Bucks one nineteen one fourteen.
Speaker 1: They came back.
Speaker 2: They were down like over twenty and Jimmy Butler had fifty six and.
Speaker 3: Lebron James is the oldest player ever in NBA history to have twenty points and over twenty rebound. Dylan Brooks call that man old and it ain't showed up six b His nick is up three to one. That swift, that young man called that og oh, and we got to congratulate to im your doka. Did I say that right?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, you know release from the bosson Celtics. He got a new job. He's going to be the head coach of the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 3: So congratulations telling me I mean you doka that he made you doka.
Speaker 1: I was close. Now let's jump right into a test.
Speaker 9: Yes, honey.
Speaker 7: So I need y'all to get y'all fans out of honey, because this is cable news tea.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna do hold on, hold on, hold on. I don't feel much hospitality in the room.
Speaker 5: Where is my honorary fan.
Speaker 1: You're already a queen. We need this to give on queen in it and return to the queens.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, honey, we got to do the C and E with the T with this, honey, I don't get a chance to do teams.
Speaker 10: So let me get into it, honey.
Speaker 7: So yesterday there was a cable news shake up that shocked America. Tucker Carlson, who hosts the most popular show on cable news, drawing three million viewers per night, was fired from Fox News alleged with no notice, and Don Miller was fired Don Lemon was fired from CNN allegedly with no notice after working at CNN for seventeen years. Now, sources say that Tucker was allegedly fired for making disparage and remarks about women his pending lawsuit with his former producer January sixth, conspiracies Honey and text messages revealed during the dominion settlement against Fox News. Now, Don Lemon says that he wasn't given any notice and that he found out through his agent, but CNN said, Honey, that was fake news and it was inaccurate, and that they did offer him a chance to meet with management, but he decided to get on Twitter and make a statement.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: In Don's case, a sources say that there's been a long record Honey of diva like behavior, such as refusing to attend pre production rehearsals for CNN this morning because he was upset that he was not the center of the show. They said that he did not want to share equal hosting duties with Puppy Harlow, Poppy Harlow and Caitlin Collins. And sources also say Honey that he became upset when he was informed he was not gonna be able to drink alcohol on the set of CNN's New Year's Eve Telligence, that would.
Speaker 1: Be a deal breaking for me to that'd be.
Speaker 7: A deal breaking, Honey. I need to hear the fans popping. Where's the fans popping?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm just waving. I'm just waiting to you.
Speaker 7: Hot.
Speaker 5: I gotta think cool, okay.
Speaker 7: And then, of course, you know, he made recent comments about Nikki Hayley, saying that she was not in her prime.
Speaker 4: Honey.
Speaker 7: Basically he called her old, and then shortly after that he made statements. Variety came out with an article saying about his history of his misogyny.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 7: So now the Internet, you know, they are making enough reasons back and forth. Honey. You know, of course the Internet know everything, and so they said that the internet. Honey said that the reason why he was fired was also because of his on air exchange with Republican presidential candidate Vivik Ramaswami. Take a listen.
Speaker 11: The part that I find insulting is when you say today black Americans don't have those rights after we have gone through that civil rights so revolutionist.
Speaker 12: You are sitting here telling an African American about the rights and what you find insulting about the way I live, the skin I live in every day.
Speaker 11: Well, here's where you and I have a different point of view. I think we should be able to express our views regardless of the color of our skin. We should have this debate without me regarding you as a black, insulting that you regarding you here as a fellow citizen.
Speaker 1: You're trying to hear whatever ethnicity you are.
Speaker 12: Explaining to me what it's like to be.
Speaker 11: Black, whatever ethnicity i'm I'll tell you what I am.
Speaker 1: I'm an Indian American. I'm proud of it.
Speaker 11: But I think we should have this debate. Black, white doesn't matter.
Speaker 12: I think we should have this content of the idea to do it. You should do it in an honest way way, and what you're doing is not an honest and fair way.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you coming.
Speaker 11: Up with you due respect that I look ford to continuing that conversation.
Speaker 13: Thank you the conversation.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you gave all that all that information because if people think that is the reason Don Lemon got fired and they haven't been paying attention, like Don Lemon got fired because of that Variety article that came out and the headline said they was exposing his alleged misogyny at CNN, and it talks about malicious he sent women and mocking female co workers and diva like behavior, which if you're like, okay, So he disrespected Nancy Grays on the air and Sola Dad O'Brien during meetings, and Sola Dad actually spoke in the article, right, and they said he yelled at his co host Caitlyn Collins and the comments about Nikki Haley, like Test said so, and that article spoke the twelve former colleagues who didn't paint the best picture of the brothers. So if you said Don got fired for that clip, you haven't been paying attention. Wow, all right, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, go ahead. Now I'm gonna say Fox.
Speaker 3: Fox lost seven hundred and eighty seven million dollars in a lawsuit a lot of people exactly, and took a huge hit to their credibility. You know, some head's gonna roll when you lose that kind of money. But isn't that one of their biggest shows though? Or like yeah, like Ted said, Tucker costs being sued by a former producer for sexism and harassments. That's gonna cost them more money, So big fish gotta go and.
Speaker 5: Looking for different ways to trim the fact.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And and just for clarity, not only is it their biggest show dj NB, it's the biggest show on cable news period. So he gets three million viewers. So that just goes to show you that nobody is safe.
Speaker 10: Honey.
Speaker 7: I was gonna do a story. Remember when I did the story on Quiet quitting, there's actually another story called quiet firing. And this is an example of how you can think all is well and come to work the next day and do not have a job.
Speaker 3: Right, So seven and eighty seven million dollars, you should know that heads are going to run and in that time slote, they can put damn to anybody in that time slide and they gonna perform well.
Speaker 1: Because before Tucker Cosson.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was a Riley.
Speaker 7: But but Tucker Crossing, he was against Trump. You know the text messages that they revealed during that lawsuit, he actually was saying he couldn't stand Trump. And then he still went on air, and he still went on air and of course went along with the conspiracy, but.
Speaker 10: He went against him.
Speaker 7: So that's why, and.
Speaker 1: That's why I say he took a huge hit to their credibility. You know what I'm saying. Oh that's why.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is front page news, and we're gonna talk to you someone a couple of minute track, absolutely all right, Get it off your chest eight hundred five, eight five, one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines wide open, eight hundred. I need to tweezer, man, I got I got a splinter with that. Damn family, my wife right there. Don't even look at me. Don't look at me for none of that.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 5: Can't get you for the tweets happen in your back pocket brows.
Speaker 1: You do it natural? Those are not natural a little bit. Don't believe natural.
Speaker 2: You never tweet job rows before there's a picture with your eyebrows.
Speaker 1: No, no, I got them arched. I don't get excuse me.
Speaker 5: Just in case you don't know, there's a difference between waxing, writing and tweezing.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Which one is your hair removal of choice?
Speaker 1: That was just it was just a raiser. That was back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness, get it off your chest. Get is our co host. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast club.
Speaker 14: Right right, ray, yo, Charla, what are we losing?
Speaker 8: This is your time to get it.
Speaker 1: Off your chest.
Speaker 15: I got to indoor.
Speaker 2: Pull phone.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 15: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: What's up?
Speaker 17: Irvy?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Trap?
Speaker 1: Charlemagne? How are you?
Speaker 17: I'm doing?
Speaker 18: What's up?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 19: I'm doing good?
Speaker 20: How you do?
Speaker 1: Trap?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Since NP ain't keeping that same energy this morning? Oh boy, you just don't.
Speaker 17: Want I'm tired a young man.
Speaker 21: What my sins?
Speaker 1: I'm a little tired of it too.
Speaker 17: I used to think of with Sola right with envy, but then I realized, and you debating him.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to not be baking that man, Trap.
Speaker 17: You're making him envy.
Speaker 1: What do you want? Trap?
Speaker 20: I'm calling to talk about that. When I disappointed my my sis, my sis. This weekend, I took a little flight to Atlanta to make sure I was at the first Black Effect podcast. Sorry, I said, I told you a million times when I saw you that it was amazing. It was packed and I can't wait for the next morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, thank you. Try where'd you stay in Atlanta, everywhere I finished weeks.
Speaker 17: I made sure I got that free breakfast in that free happy hour.
Speaker 1: When I saw Tramp, I was happy. I was like, oh, tram came all the way from Philly. Disappointment. Then I'm like, wait a minute, this is Atlanta. It's a playground.
Speaker 2: But you know that's crazy.
Speaker 21: I didn't even believe.
Speaker 17: I mean, I saw my friends. I did the first fight, but the main reason I didn't watch you really support and if you want to say, I'm still glad that you always allowed me to be in here face. I know how you are about this space and you don't be acting where you always like it welcomed me, and.
Speaker 21: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Oh love my brother.
Speaker 2: All right, trying did you get somebody was in a soh it again? Did you get somebody who was in Atlanta?
Speaker 13: Actually I didn't, sorry tell you how you point it?
Speaker 21: Fine?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 22: This is Shana calling from Iran.
Speaker 1: Hey, Shane, get it off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 22: I just want to say I love to be and I'm so happy you have bea on the Shovia.
Speaker 18: I saw the post last night.
Speaker 22: I was like, Yes, this is what we've been.
Speaker 1: Waiting oh is that right? Thank you.
Speaker 22: I also want to say, wow, what a blessing. I'm going to make this click. You guys have bought me through so much stuff, like do a lot of things, and I'm very thankful to be on the show right now. I've been China Fall for years. When I was in college, I always listened to you guys. You guys really helped me get through a lot so shy with mean I love you and I love you. I'm really happy hear on the program.
Speaker 23: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Good morning, all right, no problem.
Speaker 19: You guys have a sword, get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eight five one. If you need to vin hit us up now it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 24: Anything we got?
Speaker 1: What's your cat? Tell you something? When we need some electrician work done, you better drive over better man, you know what?
Speaker 13: You give me a call on there, Charla Mane.
Speaker 1: Now what's your cash up? Do give it to us? Come on before your phone disconnect.
Speaker 15: It's cash app is A R A.
Speaker 24: M O S A R A ninety O S ninety six one.
Speaker 1: One Ramos R A M O S. You said, yeah, yes.
Speaker 24: Ma'am A Ramos my first name and my last initial A my daughter's birthday A R.
Speaker 1: A N O S. What what's the numbers?
Speaker 15: A R A M O S nine two.
Speaker 1: Six Antonio Ramos, Yep, that's me all check right now, check right now. See if you got it. Okay, it's the wrong person. Easy, did you get it?
Speaker 21: Said?
Speaker 4: It's it?
Speaker 1: Mindset?
Speaker 21: Okay, you got it? Yeah, it just I felt the pop up.
Speaker 1: You got both of them? You got both of them?
Speaker 24: Let me say, yep, I got both of them?
Speaker 15: All right, right man, I appreciate both that. Hey, listen real quick, can I shout out my own business man? Uh, it's it's possibly perfect.
Speaker 24: It's also them beat and Jefferson, and it's in the New coord News area and you can find it on Google what kind of Businesses.
Speaker 15: Or on Facebook.
Speaker 24: It's a it's a dog creaming business, okay, dog groom. And she's trying to expand it to uh dog like daycare and and and and training and things like that.
Speaker 1: Say the name one more time, perfectly perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, bro, put this man on hold and get his information. I'm serious. We need some electrician to work done.
Speaker 1: Somebody, man, shut up much right, you sit right there, get it off.
Speaker 2: Your chest eight hundred and five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent, hit us up. Now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ MV Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Giah here. Hello, and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Let's talk Rick Ross through all out of names or you gossip been on chatty. This is the room of report.
Speaker 25: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spells right right on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now, we reported in front page News that Don Lemon has been let go from seeing N.
Speaker 1: But Rick Ross offer them a job.
Speaker 14: It's the biggest boss in the game. Ricky Rose just found out Don Lemon was terminated from CNN. Damn, Don, guess what the brothers got your back? We hearing in a green stock for some reason. I believe you know what you're doing with the Lemon Pepper way Man just sent over your resume. Well for seventeen years, but I'm gonna make sure I get you in front of the right grill. Brother, stay solid.
Speaker 3: Brother Ross gave Don Lemon a shot. I feel like I really feel like you meant that for Tucking costs. But the stories just both came in around the same time. So we said, Don Lemon, why Don Lemmon?
Speaker 1: Why don't think Tucking cosson?
Speaker 3: I don't think Don Lemon, Lemon and Pepper? Okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, Lee Daniels has some advice for Don Lemon as well Tucker Carlson out. I don't know how I feel about that. How you feel, man?
Speaker 8: You know how I feel about that?
Speaker 1: Bye bye mother?
Speaker 26: And then Don Lemon out, which is just like gut wrenching, right, Jeremy, I mean, okay, So but here's saying I got this an idea.
Speaker 1: I came in at Munch of Boys and thinking about this.
Speaker 19: Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 3: If I were a smart executive, I put them both on the same TV show, How Bananas.
Speaker 1: Would the ratings be? And I think it could possibly unite the country too. I love I love Lee, but that whole rant made zero sense.
Speaker 3: Like you start off, you know, going at Tucker right saying by mother, effa bye, only to come back around and say, if I was a smart executive, a child would give them a job like come on, man, doesn't sound right. And also that's the problem with cable news, right, like everything is about entertainment purposes, nothing is about actual news. Like Lee wants Tucker and don to do a show together because they'll be messy and have conflict. Yet I might bring ratings, but how did that help the people that are seeking proper.
Speaker 1: News coverage every day? It definitely doesn't stop.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 2: Lastly, we got to talk about Rapper design and now Gia is here. Of course, my wife. We have a book out, Real Life, Real Love. The paperback is out today, so you can go pick it up. Drop a bomb for that aar Now you want to do the story, yeah, I'll did the story.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We reported this yesterday with Designer. Of course he was arrested. They said that he exposed himself on a flight. But now there's more detail, So what did they say?
Speaker 21: That?
Speaker 5: Rapper Designer has been charged with indecent exposure after revealing himself to multiple people and masturbating on a plane. Prosecutors alleged the US Attorney's Office in Minnesota charged him with the misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure on an aircraft after a flight attendant saw him exposing himself. He quickly covered up, only to be caught masturbating about five minutes later by members of the flight.
Speaker 1: Now, have you ever been that horny that you had to know?
Speaker 8: Go ahead? Continue?
Speaker 1: The airplane drinks b strong though, But no, But why are you lying?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: What I never plan? I was just asking, have you ever been horny on a plane?
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been horny, but I ain't never stoke my monkey?
Speaker 5: But have you ever asked anybody else to stroke the monkey?
Speaker 1: Continue on? All right?
Speaker 5: Even after he was told I like this threw him away better than the designer room.
Speaker 1: Continue Where was y'all flying to? How long was the flight? Continued?
Speaker 5: It was Bahamas?
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 5: After, even after he was told he was going to be arrested, he was seen exposing himself for a third time. The Fed said he was asked to move to the back of the plane. When he got up from his first class seat to move to the back, a jar of vasolene dropped in the aisle.
Speaker 1: Drop a bomb. I've tried, Yeah, I've tried it.
Speaker 3: Because everybody always talks about using vasiline don't work as good as a veno.
Speaker 5: And gunky, yeah, and hard to manipulate.
Speaker 1: I think I keep going.
Speaker 5: Friends had to watch two friends had to watch him the rest of the flight. He apologized to his security guard and claimed that he was bugging and messed up you think. After news of the incident broke, the rapper posted a statement on his Instagram stories where he said he was ashamed and that he was seeking treatment. For the past few months, I've not been okay and I've been struggling to come to terms with what is going on. While overseas for a concert I performed at I had to be admitted into the hospital. I was not thinking clearly. They gave me meds and I had to hop on a plane home. I'm ashamed of my actions that happened on the plane, and then when I landed back in the States, I plan on admitting myself into a facility to help me.
Speaker 1: But keep going.
Speaker 5: Now, it's being reported that he told FBI agents that he was not under the influence. During the flight. He allegedly told them that he didn't get much in Japan and showed his magic stick to one of the flight attendants that he found attractive.
Speaker 1: He also said that he exposed himself because.
Speaker 5: I didn't have anything in like a week, which the agent understood to mean sex.
Speaker 1: Now, this is the best part. You ready for it. When asked why he exposed himself to the flight.
Speaker 5: Attendant, he said, I thought I was giving her encouragement to keep pushing. You know what, I mean, to keep striving for it?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Striving for what?
Speaker 5: I Yes, he whipped out his meat and exposed himself to give her encouragement to keep pushing.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's having some problems.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, everything he said about checking himself into a facility and getting some help. Clearly, Jesus Christ, I want to hear more about this Bahamas trip.
Speaker 2: Shut up, man, that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page news. Tesslin Figaro will be joining us, so don't move. Gia Casey is our guest co host today. Hello and it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Introducing the game, a new single from the locks, Rick Ross and Fat Joe. This track is more than just a tribute for hoops culture, it's a lifestyle. Find out more at DraftKings dot com. Slash the Game available now on all major streaming platforms. Pining Everybody, it's tej Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Now let's get back in some front page news. Of course, we have Teslin's figure out here, but let me knock out the sports real fast.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The Lakers beat the Grizzlies last night one seventeen one eleven. Lebron had twenty points and I think twenty two rebounds.
Speaker 3: Last night busted Brooks's ass, and Brooks needs to be ashamed of himself. You can't call a man old, don't show up for the rest of the series, and don't want to talk to media. That's the problem with this generation. You know what I'm saying. You're gonna call that man out, but then don't back it up with nothing. It's just all worked.
Speaker 2: Now that he beat the Bucks one nineteen one fourteen, I think the heat was down like twenty.
Speaker 1: They came back.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler had fifty six points and email Adoka, Did I say that right?
Speaker 1: I don't think you did, but it don't matter. I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But he left the of course, he was released from the boss of Celtics. He just got highest as a Houston Rocket.
Speaker 1: Coach and Jay Yes just Jets.
Speaker 2: What looks like Aaron Rodgers is officially going to be a Jet by the end of the days.
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to do that as a giant face?
Speaker 3: Can you just shout out the story?
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 3: I thought only fans do that, right right? Wow, that's kind of crazy. I did you call the Giants fort that regular?
Speaker 1: He puts it? That other team, that other football team in New York.
Speaker 2: Pot, that other football team in New York. God picked up Aaron Rodgers. It's not gonna mean much, but congratulations to death. All right now, Tad, we're we starting today.
Speaker 7: The shade is not gonna mean much.
Speaker 1: Do they need their means for this?
Speaker 7: Let's talk about Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely not picking up my fan for this.
Speaker 2: You're not picking up your fan.
Speaker 7: Well, since we've been on the air of President Joe Biden announced his twenty twenty four re election campaign, setting off a battle to convince the country that his age will not impede his ability to govern it.
Speaker 25: That's great, Like that's literally a part of his.
Speaker 7: Campaign of messaging. Already the oldest president in American history at eighty, he would be eighty six by the end of his term. President Joe Biden said, the question we are facing is whether in the years ahead we will have more freedom or less freedom, more rights or fewer I know what I want the answer to be, and I think you do too. This is not the time to be complacent. This is why I'm running for re election now. Currently, President Joe Biden has very low approval ratings, including fifty two percent of Democrats that would prefer that he not run for re election. They want him to have a seat. The lack of enthusiasm is especially high among young voters, who were skeptical of Biden in twenty twenty but ultimately turned out in high numbers to help him beat Trump. Now, the DNC has decided they will not be hosting presidential debates for anyone that would like to run against him, and of course Democratic presidential candidate Mary Anne Williamson and Robert F. Kennedy Junior, who also announced he will be challenging Joe Biden, called the process undemocratic.
Speaker 3: That's not what democracy is about, right, Democracy is about letting people be challenged. How can the DANCY just say we're not going to hold the primery but.
Speaker 7: Are actually following the lead of the R n C Republican of twenty twenty also did the same thing when folks decided to run against then President Trump. They did not feel those candidates for a serious threat to Trump. And they also, you know, stop the ability to debate.
Speaker 2: We're just going to ignore all the ghosts that he spoke to, and all the people that he shook hands that there was nobody there, and all the people that we're supposed to be in the season next ages dealing not being an agent, but are just fas.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna myself. He put his hand out to shake somebody's hand and it was nobody there.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's why he what was the first thing he said, t he's in condition to run or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was a disclaimer. Yeah, he was a disclaimer to his age won't have anything to do with it.
Speaker 5: So he's trying to see he's trying to disarm all of the negative comments coming his way.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, that's what I don't I'm not I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know that they have no bench, like you know, there's nothing else for us to eat and consider.
Speaker 7: Yeah, seriously, I mean they really don't have a bench. Like seriously, I would love to see a debate, for sure, but when you're talking about it, and again, I'm for anybody who wants a debate, that's fine, but there's literally like no bench like who would run the gets on the progressive side, Democrat like who?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And even to say that you know nobody's a serious contender, I mean, how do you know somebody's a serious contender if you don't ever give him that main stage, like just we might not know what. I don't know anything about Bobby Kennedy. I know Maryanne because you know we've had a conversations. What she's gonna be on Breakfast Club this morning, But I don't know anything about Bobby Kennedy.
Speaker 1: He might get that light and people might like him. Who knows.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Marianne Williamson brought up a good point. You know, it's good to debate ideas as well. And you know, and I don't mean to minimize her and say she's not a serious candidate, but they don't look at her as somebody that can actually, you know, pull enough votes to be a threat to him, so they don't even think it's worth their time. But I do think it is always important, you know, to debate and discuss ideas and to push people, you know, further to the left or right, which they were able to do our center, if you will. They were able to do that in twenty twenty. You know, if they did not have those debates, Joe Biden would not have committed to a lot of the things that he did, and he did because Bernie Sanders was in that race, Senator Elizabeth Warren was in that race, and those debates, you know, really did you know, bring up a lot of conversations that otherwise would have been avoided. So debates are a good thing.
Speaker 2: I just feel like people are going to be feel like they're going to be forced to vote for Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna like it.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna be excited, and I think we're going to have a major problem. I don't think a lot of people are gonna come out because I don't think a lot of people necessarily love what Joe Biden has done in the last three years.
Speaker 1: And I think we're gonna have a big problem this show.
Speaker 3: That's a great point, because you know, people always forget just I may not vote for Biden, but I might not vote for Trophy.
Speaker 1: They might just not vote right, you know, all right? You want to go to see Louisville.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to go Louisville. Miles Colesgrove, a former Louisville police officer, was shot and who shot and killed Broonna Taylor. In March twenty twenty, became a law enforcement officer again and Carroll County, which is about one hour northeast of Louisville. Now, Carroll County Chief Deputy Rob Miller said quote, we felt like he was a good candidate, and we think he will help reduce the flow of drugs in our area and reduce property crimes. Now, Cosgrove was one of the seven officers involved in the deadly raid against Taylor's apartment in the middle of the night. N FBI report later showed that it was Cosgrove's bullets that killed her. Cosgrove was fired, but he did not face any criminal charges in connection to the killing. Four officers were formally charged by the Justice Department with civil rights violations, but he was not one of them. Now in twenty twenty two, the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council voted to allow him to keep his police certification, making him eligible to work for other police departments in the state. Now, yesterday I talked to Until Freedom co founder to Mika Mallory listened to her reaction to the news.
Speaker 9: Miles Cosgrove being hired by another police department, a sheriff's office at that is not a surprise. In fact, it happens with officers who have committed heinous.
Speaker 22: Crimes all the time across.
Speaker 9: This nation, and our legislature on.
Speaker 18: The federal level and the.
Speaker 15: Local state level, they're failing us.
Speaker 9: On both sides of the isle because they refuse to pass legislation that would stop this from happening. The people of Kentucky must stand up and make sure that the department that has now hired Couse Growth is not comfortable with this decision and that they do not go on with business as usual while Brionna Taylor's family has to deal with the unfortunate tragedy that took her life.
Speaker 3: Tex wasn't there a database that criminal cops at one point? I feel like I remember reading something about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in some states they do have them. It's also one of the things that we were pushing to get in the George Floyd Justice and Policing Act to have some type of tracking system. But what point is the tracking system when you have local council that can still put somebody you know in that position. So one is tracking, but two, how do we make sure you know that this doesn't happen again? And this is why you know, I'm always talking about local and state. It matters, you know, who's on these councils, who gets to make these decisions, who gets to hire and fire sheriffs are normally elected positions. All of those things matter. So database is important. But what do we do with the database once we get that information?
Speaker 5: It's like it discredits the fact that he was fired in the first place. Correct, It makes it seem as though it's okay. Typically, if you lose your job under a certain set of circumstances, the next person that you're hoping to employ, you would do a background check.
Speaker 1: Do research.
Speaker 5: Not that you know he was low and that needed to be done, but it's really a slap in the face of the family, the friends, the public that they would do that, and it's kind of infuriating that they do it. And it's this is though, it's like, so what it's though, so yeah, we did it?
Speaker 3: End what I wonder how that works in like the medical field, Like, if you get fired for medical malpractice, can you just get a job at another hospital?
Speaker 1: I thought I was stand on your record. I didn't think you could.
Speaker 5: It's a good announce.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, well, normally, if you do get sued for medical malpractice, more than likely you may not be able to get insurance. And so in order to work in another healthcare facility, you need to be able to have your own insurance. And that can play a part in it as well. And again this is why we talk about with the George Floyd Justice and Policing Act that was never passed, ending qualified immunity. You know, when you're able to go after police officers individually, and how you're able to sue them, and all of those things you know that that come with that. All of those things play a factor. So that's a that's a great question. And to your point, you know, one would argue that when they hire these officers, they are making a statement to say that you can clear do whatever you do, and we're going.
Speaker 2: To have that's right, all right, Well that is front page news. Thank you, Tesla.
Speaker 1: Figure out absolutely gonna stick around, man.
Speaker 3: We got Mary Anne Williamson coming in next to know Mary Wiamson is running for president and Test is gonna stick around while we have that conversation with miss Maryanne Wiams.
Speaker 2: Yep, and we'll do that when we come back, So don't move, stay right there. It's the Breakfast Club on b ET, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the j Envy, Charlmagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have Teslin figure O joining us on this interview.
Speaker 1: Test, what up? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Family? Breakfast clued? Family, and Miss Williamson, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: That's right, we got a special guest, Miss Marianne Williamson.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, morning away, your pleasure to see you.
Speaker 10: It's always a pleasure to see you. To thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you're you're running for president again again. I am okay, I want to get back on this strestful grind. Miss Williamson.
Speaker 10: Well, I've asked myself out a few times, but it took me a long time to decide whether or not to do it, and ultimately I felt like I could make a contribution here. I think some things need to be said, I think some things need to be done. It's as simple as.
Speaker 2: That like what like what did you see in Biden's campaign? As says, there are some flaws and this is the reason why I want to run. What's not making you satisfy.
Speaker 10: It It's an incremental approach. It's a lack of fundamental economic reform. It's taking an unjust economic system and saying to people, I will try to help you survive an unjust economic system. But in the richest country in the world, why should the economic system be unjust? You have twenty percent of Americans who for whom the economy is pretty well, pretty good. But this twenty percent live on some kind of enchanted economic island, surrounded by a vast sea of economic despair. Thirty nine percent of Americans now report that they have skipped meals to pay their rent, as forty four percent of millennials. We have one in four Americans who live with medical debt, sixty four percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, and sixty percent of Americans could not afford an unexpected of four hundred dollars expenditure. So no things are not okay. Every other advanced democracy has universal health care, free college tuition, free child care, paid family leave, guaranteed sick pay and a guaranteed livable wage. We need an economic youth turn in this country. We don't need more little fixes here. Oh look what I've done for you. Maybe you can survive this. People are clearly people's lives are falling apart. We call it a mental health crisis, but we don't look to They don't want to look at the deeper systemic causes of all this despair that is literally killing people.
Speaker 1: Do you think that President Biden is too old to run again?
Speaker 10: I wouldn't go there. I mean, everybody can see what they see make their own decisions. You know, I'm not a young woman. I'm seventy. I would not be running if I were eighty. But at the same time, I don't want to take potshots, and I don't think the American people don't need me to weigh in on that.
Speaker 7: Now, Missus Williamson, are you still an independent? Would you classify yourself as a ND.
Speaker 10: I'm running as a Democrat, but I certainly think of myself as an independent thinker, and we need more Democrats with independent thinking. This codependent relationship with the DNC where they've just decided that it's Biden we should be The Democrats claim to be the party that is protecting democracy. So why is it that Mary and Williams and even Bobby Kennedy and know we're like invisibilized. I heard David Oxelrod on television last night say Biden has no challenger, and Anderson Cooper didn't didn't challenge him. We're all supposed to just do whatever they say. So the idea of a democratic process at a time like this, when the fascists are literally at the door, that we're not supposed to even be having a real conversation about, Like maybe what should we be presenting as the agenda to the American people in twenty twenty four, first of all, to win this election in twenty twenty four, more importantly, to repair this country.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you used that word fascists, because I don't know why people are so afraid to use that word, like.
Speaker 10: Well, they should look it up in the dictionary, because if you look at the policies of people such as Rondo Santis in Florida, that's what fascism is.
Speaker 7: So, Thomas Williamson, if you are an independent, what do you say then to your critics who are saying you know you're splitting the Democrat vote and that this campaign is just, you know, a grifting, an opportunity to get a message out. But how you have a long shot. What is your answer to that?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, I'm a Democrat. I said, I'm an independent thinker. But no, I'm a Democrat. So you can't be a spoiler if you're running as a Democrat. If somebody says something like Jill Stein, the point was that she was not running as a Democrat. This is a primary. What's the grift? That's really my question. So what's the grift? And if I were just trying to get a message out, first of all, that wouldn't be wrong. But I've done that before. You don't go through this kind of like ugh to just get a message out. If I just want to get a message out, I could write a book. I want to help change the system. This country needs an economic u turn. This country is six inches from the cliff in terms of the state of our democracy, the state of our environment. So I think that no one should be apologizing for coming in and saying no, this has got to change, because that system has proven to itself it will not change.
Speaker 2: What will be different with you, because we've heard this from every Democrat politician that we would change this, would we change that, and it seems like when they get in office, nothing never changes.
Speaker 10: I'm not of that system. I don't owe that system anything. When somebody says she's committing political suicide, what political career do I have? I'm not tied to that system. This is why I mean, where are they all? Seriously you say you hear from them all. I don't hear them saying anything other than yes, we will go with Biden. So no, we need a character like a Roosevelt who goes in there and says, you know, right now, look at something like the Willow Project that the President just approved.
Speaker 16: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: He had said when he was running no drilling on federal lands. He has said that he recognized, says that climate change is an existential threat to the human race. Meanwhile, he has given more drilling permits than even Trump did, and he has just approved the Willow Project, an eight billion dollar oil extraction project on the northern slopes of Alaska. Now he's actually after that, even after all the outrage expressed, particularly by young people, he has now permitted and approved a project that we'll have to do with the exportation of liquefied natural gas. Why is this? Why is it that he says one thing and then does another. Because they are in the grip of the corporate aristocrats, the insurance companies, the pharmaceutical companies, the big agricultural companies, the big chemical companies, the big food companies in that case, big oil and defense contractors. I'm not held hosted by those people. I'm not part of that system.
Speaker 7: Let's talk a little bit about your policy. One of the things that you stand out for, and I remember that quite well, you know when you ran the last time, was reparations. And just for clarity, you know, all black Americans their only concern is not reparations.
Speaker 1: We all know that.
Speaker 24: We you know, we.
Speaker 7: Raised children here about education. We care about, you know, many things across the board. But you do stand out as a reparationist candidate. Now, the current administration does support HR forty, which would create a study on reparations, and you have been very vocal about that. And so tell us how you feel about the current administration's position on HR forty and what would be different for you.
Speaker 10: So the Biden administration's position on HR forty is exactly what I'm talking about. I knew John Conyers. He was a friend of mine. I raised my daughter in Detroit. John Conyers, if he were here today, he would be rolling his eyes. We don't need another study. We don't need another study. So for the Biden administration say, oh, I support HR forty, which once again John would say that was then this is now okay, We've moved further, so we support HR forty. But of course Congress has to do it. That is the Biden administration in a nutshell kick that can down the road make do something performative where it sounds like, oh I really, I really support that, it means nothing. We are at a point now where a president who actually supports reparations, which I do simply because I want to see this country heal. A country is a group of individuals and it has it's run by the same principles. The principle here is you can't have the future you want if you will not clean up the past. Simple it's it's it's rather transactional for me. We don't need another study, and we don't need a president who says, but Congress needs to do it. We need to have a president who invites some black leaders to Camp David for the weekend and says, okay, let's put let's put on the table, let's start some negotiation. That is the president and I would be. And that's the difference.
Speaker 1: I We got more with Mary and Williamson. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club and everybody, Charlomagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Mary and Williamson. Of course we have Teslain Figaro joining us as well.
Speaker 3: Charlemagne, why are you not afraid to speak on an issue like reparations when you know it alienate so many other communities that you know.
Speaker 10: I'm not here. I'm not a people pleas or political candidate. I'm not here thinking ooh say this, say that I'm doing this, as I said before, to say what I believe needs to be said. It's called leadership. You don't just a real leader doesn't just say what you think people want to hear. There's no reason for me to do this except to say what I believe needs to be said. That's what I mean about somebody coming from outside the system. Oh, You're not supposed to say that we've done focused groups and that percentage of Americans won't like you. That's the point. You need somebody to whom that is like.
Speaker 7: So what so, Mss Williamson, let me ask a follow up on that then about lip service. So right now, there's a California Reparations task Force. You come from California.
Speaker 10: Correct, Well, I don't live there now, but I've lived many years there in my adult life.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, So have you been involved in the California Task Force?
Speaker 10: No, I haven't now, I haven't lived in California for probably eight years.
Speaker 7: Well, have you been involved in any task force anywhere?
Speaker 10: Well, I've designed my own and I've written books about it. I've been writing about reparations, talking about it during racial healing circles since the end of the nineteen nineties. And I have a plan for reparations that I and I've run for president twice now actually putting that out to the American people, which is I believe a megaphone that matters.
Speaker 7: Sure, but you just mentioned it's important to have black leaders at the table to talk about how do we do this? So I just you know, I just want to be clear, you know and fair in asking you know, have you actually been involved by a black leader?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have.
Speaker 10: My main I would say the person who has affected my thinking the most is Sandy Drerty. Sandy Derrity is the first person I talked to, and his wife as well. I feel I was mentored by his information. Do you know what I'm saying. He was the first person I said, could you please explain this to me? I've read books such as Tana has He coats uh and and heard others, but I would say Sandy Derety is the person who is I think who's council has I like the way he frames it and meant something to me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask, you know, talk about gun violence and all this violence that's happening in the US in the last couple.
Speaker 1: Of years, what is your what is your take on that? And how would you try to curb that and fix that?
Speaker 10: On this one, I feel that Biden has his heart in the right place. He is trying. We need, obviously, we need an assault weapon ban. Obviously we need the banning of bump stocks. We need the banning of high capacity magazines. We need the three D to handle the issue of the three D printers. But I think we need to move beyond the conversation of is it culture or is it policy? It is both, and I think, actually, I think with this latest fate of senseless, horrible, violent happenings, I think we're at a possibility of an inflection. I sense both on the left and the right, that there is a critical mass of Americans who feel this has gone too far. You have even Republican governors now giving a little bit in terms of things like federal red flag laws. So we know what we need to do. We know that easy access to guns is a large part of the problem. We know that we have more guns than people in this society. But we also know that we have a violent society. Our economic policies are violent, so much of our media is violent, so much of our even our food policies. We are a violence society. And there are millions of people. I don't know about millions of people. There are many people making billions of dollars off breeding violence and breeding fear. So we're going to have a violent society until we decide to be a non violence society.
Speaker 3: And you think we'll get some type of commisance goun to reform. When you have the President of the United States of America saying that he's powerless and that you know he has to bay Congress to do something. And you know, you have so many of these senators that you know they get direct funding from these gun lobbyists like the NRA.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean, you seem like you have some optimism. I don't see it.
Speaker 10: There was a time Obama was an example. First years of the Obama administration, he had a Democratic House and he had a Democratic Senate, so we had a trifecta at that time. At the you know, Biden would say, and there's some truth to it that even though he had a Democratic House and Senate in his first two years, that mansion and cinema were stopping him on many things. So not every Democrat is with us on this issue. We have three coequal branches of government. The president doesn't have a magic wand and we don't want that. We need more Americans who are willing to recognize we must get involved in the primaries, we must get involved in every election. And also at this point when it comes to guns, and I think more progressives and more young people, more people realize we must get involved on our community level, on our state level, because a lot of the worst aspects of all of these things we're talking about are now coming out of the state.
Speaker 3: But to hear presidency's powerless, I understand you know you need Congress, you absolutely do.
Speaker 1: You got the biggest bully pulpit in the world.
Speaker 10: Well, that's how your power, and I would certainly use it. I would certainly use it. Not only the biggest bully pupe up, but executive orders that you can use. You know, there there has been a tendency of democratic governments in the democratic presidents in the modern era to back up when things get tough.
Speaker 1: We had an.
Speaker 10: Assault weapon band for ten years and during those ten years we did have a much much fewer mass shooting.
Speaker 7: So ms Wallason, because I've heard a lot about you know, what the Biden administration is doing wrong, tell me about your top if you had to pick three top policies that you would focus on, you know, first one hundred days or what do you see is that? Do you have a lot of issues on your website, and I know they're all equally important, But if you had to give us three on what you think is the most important thing to do right away.
Speaker 1: What would that be?
Speaker 10: We need universal health care in this country. We have one in four Americans living with medical debt. We have sixty eight thousand Americans a year who die from lack of health care we need. We have eighty five million Americans who are either uninsured or under insured. We have eighteen million Americans who cannot afford to fulfill the prescriptions that their doctors give them. So movement towards universal health care is very important to me. I would cancel the college loan debt. We need to get back to free college in this country, which we had until the nineteen sixties. I would have every single penny of the Pentagon audit it. I would make sure that every company that has a contract with the US government that is a union busting company, is that those contracts are canceled. I would call together the group that I would like to go to Camp David to have a serious conversation about reparations, also talking about racial issues. I would call Tim Scott and Corey Booker into the Oval office and say, bring whoever you want. We're not leaving this office until we have a serious bipartisan bill on police reform BLM, for example, the biggest protest movement in the history of this country, and there's not been one serious piece of legislation that has addressed the issues of police violence and what is obviously going on there that something is very very wrong.
Speaker 3: I often wonder if any of that stuff is realistic, like the student loan that the police reformed. Maybe just because I've become such a pessish hotel in the system, you know, I just wonder if any of that stuff is realistic or is just lip service.
Speaker 10: Because they want you to think that, because they want you to think that. So this is the deal. The Republicans don't even pretend. But the Democrats are like, oh, we're you know, just bring us in again, let us finish the job, bring us in again. You know, we're really trying on that, We're really trying. That's what they want you to think. They want us to think. Well, I guess it just can't be done. How can it be done? Every other advanced democracy, every other advanced democracy has universal health care, every other advanced democracy has free college. Every other advance democracy has free childcare, paid family leave, guaranteed sick pay, and guaranteed living ways. The reason it can't be done is because they are in the pockets of the insurance companies, because they are in the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies, food companies, chemical companies, big oil, and defense contractors. And so they've numbed us. They've numbed us, and they've well, I guess I can't. I guess we can't do it. We're like acquiescing to that. Meanwhile, that's the way you get the fascists. You have one hundred million people who don't vote. I think it's for many people, it's the only way to say a few to that system. It's a dysfunctional But I think an understandable reaction to a system that is doing nothing for them and that they know, no matter who they elect, their visceral experience is that I'm still at the effect of an unfair economic system, which is policy after policy making it easier for those who already have money to make more money and more difficult for everybody else to even survive. The American people have got to make do an intervention here. That is the only way it's going to happen, is if we bring someone from the outside and say this stops now.
Speaker 2: All right, we got more with Marion Williamson. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ env Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Marion Williamson. She's running for president in twenty twenty four. And we have Teslin Figaro, our political strategist with us test So.
Speaker 7: Missus Williams said, I am known to be pretty tough on candidates, you know, when I'm asking questions, and you know, so I have to be fair and ask. You know, I certainly appreciate the theory. I appreciate you know, writing books and great ideas, But in fairness, would you say that you bring experience on any level of government of actually getting you know, even small things done or what I'm looking for the receipts. What can we point to to say, Okay, this is the candidate that can actually get X y Z done or get us a little bit closer to it. When you talk about you know, all of these things, and particularly when you talk about the black community.
Speaker 10: So when well, first of all, just in general, you're asking if I have the sort of technical, technical expertise to perpetuate that system. Washington, d c. Is filled with political car mechanics. Some of them are very good, and certainly you have to hire those people and have them in your administration. The problem today is not that we don't have good political car mechanics. The problem is we are on the wrong road. So that question stems from this conversation that says only people whose careers have been spent within the car that drove us into this ditch should possibly be considered qualified to lead us out of that ditch. My expertise is not that I know how to perpetuate and effectuate that system. My expertise is that I know something about disrupting it. And if you want to know that, listen to everything I've said here today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, Wing, So respectfully, that's not what I'm saying and using your analogy. What I'm saying is, have you ever touched the carburetor? Have you ever touched the motor? Have you ever touched anything you know in the car. And I'm certainly and I'm certainly not talking about a career. I'm saying that if you know, again going back to the example on a task force, if there are active task force now on reparations, and I see any candidate for that matter not getting involved in having those conversations now, and speaking from a theory standpoint, it does.
Speaker 16: It does.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of taken aback by it because I want to know if you're willing to get your hands dirty now, rolling up your sleeves, to see what you can do now at your level. So that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 10: I think we all do in the field that we can. I think I've gone far towards helping to create the conversation in the United States which actually led to things like the situation in California. Everybody has their role. One of the things I have seen, and yes, I've been around a lot of people in politics. It's a business like any other. It's a business like any other. It's people sitting around a room talking, negotiating. And yes, I have been as much of a businesswoman as any of the men who would come in here and be businessmen, and no one would say, well, would you know how to do it? So yes, I believe that I've worked with many, many people, But more than anything, I feel that I have the power to say what needs to be said and not obfuscate. But yes, I've had plenty of experience at business, and I've been in political circles enough, including observing even at the White House, to see this is a political system like any other. It's men sitting around women sitting around a table, just like we're doing now, having a conversation and talking about what we're going to do.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you need experience as much as you need will that's right, thank you?
Speaker 1: Like Trump, Trump didn't have no experience.
Speaker 10: He just had to will, thank you, and you know what that thank you very much. The shoe with him was not that he didn't have political experience. It's the issue of his character is ethics. You're right, he could have brought if he had brought in a different type of person. He chose to bring in a Stephen Miller, Sebastian Gorka. He's a perfect example. You can't say he wasn't an effective president. He was effective at doing things that most of us would be horrified by. But he certainly was effective.
Speaker 3: People don't like to have that conversation. Media always talks about what Republicans and Trump get wrong. What do you believe they get right that can be used to fight against them.
Speaker 10: Well, one of the things that Trump did, and I wouldn't say it was right, but it was powerful. He struck a nerve. He hit a nerve, and the nerve he hit had to do with harnessing some of the worst aspects of the American character. Racism, homophobia, anti Semitism, Islamophobia, all those things that we know are the lower aspects of American consciousness. I think we need a president who harnesses the better aspects of American consciousness, the better angels of our nature. Justice, we justice, justice. I shall pursue the Book of Deuteronomy. We do not have economic justice in this country. We do not have criminal justice in this country. We do not have racial justice in this country. We do not have environmental justice in this country. But we need a politics that speaks to the noble in people, that speaks to we must be a just nation. We must be a fair nation that speaks to what it takes to have a humanitarian rather than an economic bottom line. We now have a country, and I think that there are many people on the right as well as the left who see this. Now we have a country where the bottom line in the way we function is short term profit maximization for huge corporate entities rather than humanitarian values. You were talking about children before. We have millions of American children who go to school in schools, what they don't even have the resources to teach that child to read. If a child cannot learn to read by the age of eight, the chances of high school graduation are drastically decreased. The chances of incarceration are drastically increased. We have in Chicago, in the public school system in Chicago. I was reading an article that one out of four girls in the public school system in Chicago would be diagnosed with PTSD as bad as a returning veteran from a battle zone. But remember these kids, they're not living with post traumatic stress. They're living with present traumatic stress every single day activated. And we need a president who speaks to that and cares about that. Right now, children they're not old enough to vote, so they're not a constituency. They're not old enough to work, so they have no financial leverage. We need a massive transfer of our resources in the direction of children under ten, and that's in every neighborhood of the United States.
Speaker 7: I just want to clarify one thing, because when I ain't talked about experience as well. And you know, when I'm talking about experience, I'm certainly just because I don't want anybody to hear this interview and get confused by what I mean. I'm certainly not talking about being elected or you know, holding some type of office. I'm mainly you know, talking about grass roots. So I'll just you know, leave this statement that I think it is, Miss Williamson, very important to get involved in things like the task Force that you know, they're taking public comment right now everyday citizens, you know, they're putting their their faces and names, you know, in black and white to say how they feel. And so when you talk about a bully pull pit, I think that's a great way to start. And so when we look at what Kamala Moore is doing, you know, as the chair of the Reperations Committee in California City, you once lived in our state, you once lived in, and a state you once ran in. I think it is critically important, you know, to get your position on the record because as these things happen on the state level, they obviously can happen on the federal level. And so that's that's very important to me, you know, to see what what can we do with our voice now, and so if everyday citizens can do it, if they can take out time, you know, to go down and do a five minute testimony, many of them have been doing it electronically online. I think it's very important for any candidate running for president of the United States to do it as well.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I hear that, and I appreciate that. I also think if you've been writing books about the subject that have sold to millions of people for decades, starting the late nineties, your voice has been heard as well. I think we're all contributing to a larger conversation. Everybody does what is theirs to do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Ted's talking specifically about reparations, But like you said, you've written, You've written books, so that is includ.
Speaker 10: I was writing about reparations in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: My first part, Oh.
Speaker 7: Sure, And I'm not minimizing that. I'm just you know, I understand you know everybody I'm telling I'm minimizing it.
Speaker 10: I don't live in California, and I haven't lived in California for years, so I think my strolling into California to say something in a public comments section on California when I'm not a citizen of California, but I do think I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not minimizing what you're saying. Well, there's task force everywhere and people are comm meeting everywhere, even in California. I'm just saying, you know, there's things happening now on the local and the state level that I would like any candidate, not just you. And it's not minimizing you and your books and all of the things that you wrote. I'm just saying when we criticize candidates for being lip service, those are one of the things that I always ask for, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: Is there another president? Is there another presidential candidate talking about reparationis right now?
Speaker 7: No, I criticize them just as well, ma'am, even worse. But I still answer you the questions.
Speaker 10: And I think running for president is a way that you are contributing to the political commentary. So I think by running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, we appreciate you to stopping.
Speaker 10: What's the website Marianne twenty twenty four dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, always a pleasure to see you as well.
Speaker 24: Thank you.
Speaker 10: It's always a pleasure to see you too. Thank you for having me, Charlotte, thank you, nice.
Speaker 2: Meeting you, Thank you so much. It's Mary and Williamson. She's running for president.
Speaker 1: Guys. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get to the rumors. Get straight to it. A name or you've gossip been when you chatted God?
Speaker 8: This is the room of report.
Speaker 25: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea spills, right right on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, The national best selling book, Real Life, Real Love hits paperback today.
Speaker 1: That's why Casey is our guest co host today.
Speaker 2: National bestseller, Real Life, Real Love, The life lessons on enjoy, pain and the Magic that holds Us together. Now, if somebody could get one thing out of this book that can help their relationship, what would it be.
Speaker 5: I think that the book is excellent regarding getting people to understand that family values is paramount and for us, we have our mission statement in the book, and our family is rooted in family, love, faith, fun, and it really goes very it delves very deeply into that.
Speaker 1: And their marriage is I'm perfect. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that that chapter a lot, especially the part of what was it a the things nobody tells you about marriage. Yes, I think that's people can learn a lot from that. So everybody got so many things to say about marriage, but they've never been married, that is true, haven't.
Speaker 5: Been to the people have a lot of opinions.
Speaker 1: That's right, And it's on the job training.
Speaker 5: And I had a conversation with my son the other day and one of the things that.
Speaker 2: I said to Charlemanne calls, I was sudden a man at the house, book ahead the house.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I would argue that.
Speaker 1: It's obvious to everybody.
Speaker 5: Jesus, but I told him that ninety five percent of the advice that you get during your lifetime is going to be bad advice.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: So don't weigh too heavily into what other people tell you. And you know their thoughts, feelings and emotions as it pertains to your life.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Well, the book is out now. You can get it at Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, wherever you get your books. And that's real life, real love. Now he is gonna be doing some of these rumors. So what's going on with STEVEEJ?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: Okay, Steve J ordered to return Faith's Faith Evans one hundred and sixty four thousand dollars Mercedes after joy riding to Coachella, Stevie J allegedly took Faith's twenty twenty three Mercedes Sprinter van on a joy ride to Coachella on April twelfth. She claimed that after she fell asleep, Stevie took the keys and drove off with the car. Despite her best efforts to ask him to return the car, he refused and took the car to Coachella.
Speaker 1: Why would you drive a sprinter? The whole point of being in the sprint is not the drive, because he had his peeps with him, apparently point to be all in the back with your people's laughing.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know if he drove, but they went. I'm sure he didn't drive. I'm sure he was in the back. I'm sure he had a good time. I'm sure they was partying.
Speaker 5: On all he shouldn't have been behind the wheel. Because Faith said that Stevie has a suspended driver's license and can't legally operate a motor vehicle, He filed for divorce in November twenty twenty one, after three years of marriage. The couple did not sign a pronuptial agreement before getting hitched Steve. He demanded monthly spousal support payments from Faith. She objected to the request. The court has yet to rule. Let me ask you guys a question. Well, two First, do you guys know why they got divorced?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Okay, you don't know. Two being two men in the room, how do you feel about men requesting spousal support from a woman? If he is able bodied, if he you know, can work of his own volition, if he's not impeded in any way, if he can fend for himself, I'm ignoring you. I don't know if you notice that.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of directing my if I'm married divorce. But you know, what if? What if? What if the two of you are too relatively equal earners? Maybe she's making a little bit more.
Speaker 3: The same thing can be said for a woman. So we got to believe in equality. It can't be a double standard. There's plenty of able body women out.
Speaker 5: Here, and I understand that logically, but I'm kind of leaning more into as a man.
Speaker 1: What if I helped you build what you got? About that? If I helped you build what you got?
Speaker 3: What if I was your manager at some points? Partner, I'm just wondering, you know, what if what if I sacrificed years of my life to help you get to where?
Speaker 1: Because typically that's the woman's argument.
Speaker 5: Correct, yes, yes, but but okay.
Speaker 1: Logically it makes sense. But how do you feel about it? Being a man? Do you feel okay?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 1: What's crazy?
Speaker 14: To me?
Speaker 1: It just depends on who the woman is.
Speaker 3: I was thinking this depend on it depends on the woman, right, because it's a certain women we see that happen to and I'm like, why are you doing that to her?
Speaker 1: I would think she's nice because she's a sweet woman.
Speaker 2: Depending who it is, Yes, say that again, because sometimes I feel like the man took advantage of her and now that things didn't go the right way, maybe he cheated, maybe something was you.
Speaker 3: If you get a divorce because you cheated and stuff like that, that's all. You don't deserve any of that problem.
Speaker 5: Let's just say that it's amicable. Do you do you and he's able bodied?
Speaker 1: Yes? I believe you get support if it's an you feel okay, you feel okay?
Speaker 3: If I helped you build what you if I helped you build what you got and helped you create what you create. And we just separated because you know, we decided to go our separate ways. There was no infidelity, there was no other kids. Yes, I should get.
Speaker 5: To I'd love to know what women think. But all right, on to the next story.
Speaker 2: Now, should Knight, he claimed Snoop Dogg I legally acquired death Row? All right done, an interview with TMZ, should accuse his former business partner Harrio of committing bankruptcy fraud to acquire the label from him.
Speaker 21: But how do you feel about Snoke owning now?
Speaker 16: Well, I don't know if he do. I doubt that should his death row. So I'm quite sure before it said and done, all eyes on me and maca velly out of post it to come back to me and the rest of the stuff. One problem with that is is that Stup has a partner, which is Michael Harris. They committed fraud. They committed bankwercy fraud. I didn't lose my company by doing anything wrong. They went in and the laurier didn't show up and they got a depa. I settled it just around said, I didn't settle it just when they filed bankruptcy in ninety five. They didn't have none to do it for deth ro anything, and the lawyer did also. So you can't take your pro from black people trying to get it to white people. They think you're gonna turn around the reward and said he gonna grab Snoop and they're gonna go get it back and have dem bro It don't work like that.
Speaker 3: Well, Snoop definitely owns death Row now. I know he purchased it about a year ago from UH. At the time, it was Coch Records who owned it and who owned the catalog. But I know Stop owes it.
Speaker 2: I know he didn't get every thing that was released under death Row, but he got a majority of it. So I do know Snoop ows it, and that is your rumor reports. I just want to tell you Logan just texted me and you I am.
Speaker 1: I guess what I said. He's the man that has Boy, you cannot that's true either, you cannot. We all seen Logan. My money would be on Logan too.
Speaker 5: Have you see those guns?
Speaker 1: Have you seen my guns?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: We have. I'm talking about in a fair fight's.
Speaker 3: Gonna need to be banned. Yours dope. Okay, yours can be had in.
Speaker 1: Every house, sweet baby, all right, propping the.
Speaker 3: Clues bonds for logan the man at the house stop it put your dad on his back one time and just let him know.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, don't get logan f up. I we are you giving that donkey too?
Speaker 3: Man man for after the hour, young lady named Courtney Tlalia needs to come to the front of the congregation. She was in one career field, but God told her to go to another one.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 7: Don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Your company has goals this year, find the right people to help you achieve them.
Speaker 1: With jip recruiter, with four out of five employers, get a quality candidate within the first day.
Speaker 3: Try free at jipprecruiter dot com slash breakfast at ziprecruited dot com slash breakfast.
Speaker 25: It's gonna be a dunkin because right now you want some real.
Speaker 8: It's time for donkey for tad.
Speaker 1: So if you ever feel I need to be a dog man, he be with the heat. Did she get doesn't I had become Donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: The practice club bit you Yes Donky today for Tuesday, April twenty fifth goes to Courtney to Leah. Courtney is a former teacher from America who grew up in the strict Christian household. What does strict Christian household mean exactly? I grew up Jehovah withness. JW's identifies Christians if I remember correctly. They teach that Jesus is the Son of God, but not part of the locks, so they're not a holy trinity. They teach that Jesus died for a citizen, was resurrected after crucifixion, so that's definitely a Christian belief. I guess JW is a script when I think about it. Don't celebrate any holidays or birthdays things like that.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 1: They demand high standards of morality, right.
Speaker 3: Their view of sexual behavior reflects conservative Christian views. Abortion is considered murder. Homosexuality, premorital sex, extramarital sex are all considered serious sinners. That's Christian, right, Yeah, Adultery sex you know before marriage is forbidden, got to get baptized. Look, sixty two percent of Americans are Christians, so a lot of us know what it means to grow up in this grit Christian household.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, Courtney, who I told you was a form teacher, is only a form of teacher because she quit her job teaching. Okay, she quit her job teaching because, according to her, she had a higher calling. All right, God touched her soul and put an annoying on her spirit, and that annoying led her to make a career change.
Speaker 1: Would you like to know what that career change was.
Speaker 3: Well, let's flash back to a few months ago when Courtney was on the Adaptor Bill show.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 27: You said, you want to overcome the stigma of people thinking that you don't have other options, right, But that's not the real stigma. The real stigma is judging you doing sex work, sex ASTs, sexual content for the public. That's the real judgment that you face, right.
Speaker 28: Right, there's a lot of judgments about it. But people have a lot of stigmas around sex workers that we only had this as the only option, or we have issues, or we only did it for the money, versus actually knowing that like I did this because I desire to.
Speaker 3: Well, so, if you're confused, Courtney quit being a Catholic school teacher to become a porn star. She quit being a teacher to start a only fans. She said God told her to do it. She said, God's message has been abundantly clear. I'm here to be a porn star. This is my way of serving. I'm showing others that pleasure and our sexual expression, even in porn and sex work, aren't meant to contradict God or exist separately from God.
Speaker 1: They are unified with God.
Speaker 3: And Holy How many holes see porns have a holy trinity too, okay?
Speaker 1: And that holy trinity is mouth vagina ainus.
Speaker 3: Also, as crazy as it sounds, porn stars and religious folks actually have more in common than you think. Why do religious folks and porn stars kneel envy gear?
Speaker 1: Would you like to guess? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, they both kneel because porn stars are waiting for the First Coming and religious folks are waiting for the second Coming.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jesus, that's creative. I really feel like I'm judging.
Speaker 3: I really feel like I'm judging, which the Good Book tells me not to do. Do not judge it, you will be judge. But I'm not really judging because I don't really care. This is just, you know, a great story. Actually find this story hilarious, but it also saddens me because only in America would a person get paid more for swallowing kids than she does for educating them. All Right, the more I think about it, I really have no reason to give this woman donkey today. Okay, we can't say God works in mysterious ways and then criticize someone for how God talks to them. Okay, not to mention, even as a porn star while spreading her legs, she will still be spreading the words because she will be calling for our creator while she is doing her public service.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, yes, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Now, before y'all report me, before y'all report me to the FCC, I was about the That wasn't a woman having sex, Okay, That was a woman who came face to face with a trio.
Speaker 1: Of hump back whales in Hawaii. Oh okay, that's a fact. Okay.
Speaker 3: That was That was a woman who came face to face with a trio of hump back whales in Hawaii. I can only assume that's how Courtney will sign when she comes face to face or from the back with a trio of three wise men from the East. Okay, the Lord said, come as you are, all right, but it's a Catholic school teacher. I guess she felt she wasn't coming enough. So I'm calling an audible Courtney, you are in the clear because after I have had this conversation with myself and said this out loud, I don't feel.
Speaker 1: Like you're doing anything wrong.
Speaker 3: So please give all you sick individuals who think this woman is doing something wrong the biggest he huh, what's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 1: A woman got an annoying.
Speaker 2: So Courtney's a Catholic school teacher that doesn't want to teach anymore.
Speaker 1: She quit and become a porn stuff. That's right.
Speaker 3: You won't play a game? No, I do want to play, you know what? No, I don't want to play. The credits are rolling on BET right now. I can't you know, and they can't clear the music for the guests. What the race it is on BET? But what is she white? I think you think? I mean from what I seen, Courtney could be black? Ye yeah, yeah, all right, all right, well thank.
Speaker 1: You for that. Jesus told her to quit her job.
Speaker 16: Did you go?
Speaker 1: Okay, I teach you to become a porn star.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you for that donkey today. All right now, shout out to everybody on B E T. We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 21: Right.
Speaker 1: Let see if y'all can clear that one with standards.
Speaker 2: All right now, everybody else, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Our co host, my wife Gi is here. We have a book that came out today, the paperback to our book, Real Life, Real Love, our national bestseller. And we're gonna ask eight hundred five eight five one oh five one all the.
Speaker 1: Married couples out there, this is the question.
Speaker 2: Before I got married, I wish somebody told me what that is the question eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Will take your causes. Mine is before I got married. I wish somebody told me my wife was always going to be late?
Speaker 5: Wow? Was that late this morning?
Speaker 1: Except this morning? Well, she is Jamaican. It's not a stereotype. If it's true, Jamaic's always late. Hold on, I've never heard oh yes, absolutely, one hundred. I heard Jamaicans were lazy. I heard they were. I never heard that one never heard that.
Speaker 3: I've never never never heard you. I've actually heard the opposite. Jamaicans are not late.
Speaker 1: Got jobs, tree jobs, living color. All right, so I take off the lazy I heard it was always late late.
Speaker 2: But anyway, before I got married, I wish somebody told me what just open up the phone lines to talk about eight hundred and five eight five one.
Speaker 1: Oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 6: Call eight hundred five five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the DJ, Envy Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guests, co was Giahire.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, hello, beautiful people.
Speaker 2: Now we have a national bestselling book that's on out today on paperback, Real Life, Real Love.
Speaker 3: So if you get a chance to go out there and get it, you can order it on Amazon, Bonds and Nobles or wherever you purchase your books.
Speaker 2: And she's here today and we're opening up the phone lines eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five to one. Before I got married, I wish somebody told me this. That is the question. So let's start with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before you got married, I wish somebody told you what.
Speaker 5: That it wasn't a cakewalk, that it wasn't as easy as television and fairy tales make it out to be. That it takes diligence and day to day hard work and dedication.
Speaker 1: I'm not that easy. There are times that you are.
Speaker 5: But the overarching idea of marriage isn't easy because there's so many different layers to it. There's love, there's family, there's the business aspect of it. Right, there's so many things to peel back, and each one of those layers have sub layers. So those are things that you have to consider before you decide to say I do, before you walk down the aisle. Because most people when they envision marriage, they think more about the wedding, you know, they think of the spectacle of it and the beautiful dress, the bachelorette party, and that's all so exciting. But when those days are over, you're back from your honeymoon and you have to dig your heels in. Then you start running into problems and you have to know how to navigate those problems. And if you didn't learn from your parents, as an example, where do you learn from And just like I said earlier, people turn to the wrong people for advice, people that aren't qualified to give them advice. And a lot of times the actions that people take to deal with those problems aren't rooted in reality. It's not rooted in in actuality, it's not rooted in trust. So they don't know what to do. So what do they do?
Speaker 1: They act out of emotion.
Speaker 5: And when you act out of emotion, times out of ten it's a bad reaction and it's going to garner a bad result. So I think that people have to make it very very they'd be very proactive about learning about marriage before they decide to say I do Wow.
Speaker 2: I just want to put that out there, that real life, real love paperboo, because right now when we discuss all that good good plug, good set way, Now what about you, Charla.
Speaker 3: Might I wish I wish people told me nothing, you know what I mean, because it's because it's on the job training, like, and everyone's experience is different. You know, what works for you may not work for me. And there's no one set way to do this marriage thing. Like marriage is not one size fits all marriages. A tailor made custom outfit that is exclusive to you and your significant other. So you can tell me your experiences, but don't tell me how my marriage is going to be, because you really don't know, because.
Speaker 1: You're not me and you're not my significant other.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's an I don't think that's inherently true, because there are things that are right and wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely, you know.
Speaker 5: And it's so interesting to me that a lot of times married people engage in the wrong behavior knowing damn well that it's wrong. And I do think that there are things that they're not educated to know before they get married. So I do think that, you know, there are things that a person, even without the experience of being married, can share with you to help you navigate your marriage, you know, even if if they don't walk the same.
Speaker 1: Walk as you. Yeah, I guess for me, it's like, when things go wrong, you'll have people be like, well I would have did this, and I would have did that, but you not. That's ridiculous, right, right, you know?
Speaker 21: Right?
Speaker 3: So you know in that aspect, I'm like, you can't tell me how to do my marriage.
Speaker 5: But is there something that someone could have told you before that you got before you got married that could have helped you something that maybe you just didn't really realize.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know.
Speaker 3: I also don't know because I didn't see a lot of healthy marriage coming up, you know what I'm saying. Like my mom and dad got a divorce. Damn near all my aunts got divorced, you know what I mean. So I didn't really see a lot of relationship. I saw a lot of long relationship that didn't work last right, you know, so they would together for a long time, but then they all decided to go separate ways. I didn't really see. I didn't really have to any healthy relationships to look at growing up.
Speaker 5: So I think that kind of like answers the question in a sense. Maybe someone couldn't have told you something, but you probably would have benefited from good examples.
Speaker 1: Good examples. Absolutely, Let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 21: This Carolina man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Big?
Speaker 1: Talk to us?
Speaker 2: Before you got married? You wish somebody told you what?
Speaker 21: Yo? Before I got married? Problems? Wish somebody told me it's more to it than just cheating. Like I thought, long as I was faithful, everything else wud be good.
Speaker 2: As long as he was faithful. He thought everything would be good. So what's what's going wrong?
Speaker 1: What's matter?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What? What's what's bad in the relationship?
Speaker 1: I should say, Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 21: Say it'd be it'd be a long thing. Like they want, they want to be like time and they want to know who you take, who you're talking to, what time you're gonna be home, what time do you see this? And I'm just like, it's a little you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh, so, while so you don't want her to care.
Speaker 3: You don't want her to care what you're saying That sounds like you don't want to hold her at night.
Speaker 17: I say, hold on.
Speaker 21: Now, I say all the time I said sometimes you know what I mean. It's just it's just like sometimes that's cool. But sometimes if you trust in your person and your hold the bacon everything.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Now that people not checking where you are because they concern you out doing dirt. They checking where you are because the world is crazy. The world is crazy crazy. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 19: Good morning? That is unique from Mermart, Florida. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 23: So two things.
Speaker 19: Firstly, as it relates to I'm Jamaican and always late I can't testify with um Jamaican. And I'm always late no matter what.
Speaker 1: See apparently it's in give is always late to. So y'all, let y'all on the same plane.
Speaker 5: That is easier on me.
Speaker 19: Then yes, And then I related to the husband question. I did not know that I would have been my husband made.
Speaker 1: Oh you made.
Speaker 2: You gotta do the cleaning, of cooking and everything.
Speaker 19: I gotta do everything. If you go on a vacation, I have to be packing for him. I gotta pick up his socks because you know he gets cold. He takes up his socks all over.
Speaker 15: Leave him.
Speaker 19: Even the dog is even much more helpful than he is.
Speaker 4: What does he do?
Speaker 21: Say?
Speaker 1: Do you work?
Speaker 19: And I work? And I work, and I go to school full time, and plus we have three kids. But he's a duditional kid.
Speaker 1: Well, now you've got three jobs. You work, you go to school, and you're the maid.
Speaker 19: Tell me about it. He says, because he does the yard work, he can't do the yard work and the housework.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: That sounds like y'all are okay.
Speaker 5: Let's just be reasonable here. Yard work is not a daily job.
Speaker 19: It's a tough two hard work you don't cut the grass every single day.
Speaker 5: We have a yard and it gets me in pained. Once or twice a week.
Speaker 1: You can do the yard work. Would you want to cut the grass? You don't sound like a yard woman.
Speaker 7: No I'm not.
Speaker 19: But that does not say you can't help me around the house because you have to cut the lawn.
Speaker 1: So what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 5: You're disgruntled, you don't like the situation that you're in. What are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 19: I complain all the time, but then it's like you complain today, eat help, but then next week it's like a whole different story over again.
Speaker 5: So why why don't you stop?
Speaker 1: Because she gives them the Jamaican d and then she's happy after.
Speaker 5: You mean, she gets yeah, but then you're not.
Speaker 19: Like when it comes to cleaning. So like even though you complain, is that at the end of the day, you have to get it done.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you one question, Nick, are you with a Jamaican man?
Speaker 19: Yes, you're Jamaican as well.
Speaker 1: Is it true about Jamaica man eating the pump.
Speaker 5: Poom or should you say not not eating the pump poom?
Speaker 19: I mean the manage Chinese Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Mon this change. What does that mean? What does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 26: Shirt?
Speaker 1: They eat unique things? They eat unique things, is what she's saying here. What is it? What whatt you say?
Speaker 5: You can say la that it means they eat rice with.
Speaker 1: It's Chinese, Chinese.
Speaker 2: Throw that out there, Throw that out there. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five.
Speaker 1: When we're asking.
Speaker 2: Before I got married, I wish somebody told me what we're taking your calls when we come.
Speaker 1: Back at the breakfast club?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Ain't your opinions to the breakfast club? Top? Come on.
Speaker 1: Morning, everybody. It's the j en Vy, Charlemagne, the gud. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're just joining us, we're opening up the phone lines and asking eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: Before I got married, I wish somebody told me, what, Hello, who's this Jeremiah?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Before I got married, I wish somebody told me, what, Jeremiah.
Speaker 13: How hard it is to compromise and come to agreement?
Speaker 1: You didn't know that beforehand.
Speaker 13: I didn't know how hard it was, like because I learned that women don't listen a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a conclusion that you came to huh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean but it is true though, because now now this day and age, women that came to like it's like independent, only them by themselves, like they don't need a dude for anything, or or or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I don't hear that as much as I used to when Beyonce was single, when Beyonce was out here doing independent women and all of that, like that's when women were really on that.
Speaker 1: I don't hear that as much. No more. I hear women say any want a partner, but I heard a lot.
Speaker 5: I actually I feel like I hear it more now. Really, yeah, a lot of women claiming their independence and you hear a lot I don't need a man. I don't need a man. I can do it for myself. And I think that makes a lot of men feel the boss put by women because it's like, well, if you don't need me, then what am I here for? And truthfully, everyone wants to feel needed.
Speaker 1: Cut Hello, this.
Speaker 2: And this is Nicole Nicole, good morning where you call him from the men South Carolina eight o three. All right, so we're asking before I got married, I wish somebody told me what Nicole I wish somebody.
Speaker 23: Has told me that you got to communicate about like literally everything. So I've been seeing I was single for seven years before I married my husband, and like, I can't even just go to like happy hour afterwards. And it's not a bad thing. I just it's just a new thing that I do him everything that.
Speaker 2: You marry now, you go to the club, you go into the bar, you go into a restaurant.
Speaker 8: Let me know.
Speaker 28: So I know.
Speaker 2: You say, but I know where you're at. I gotta worry and think about where you're at.
Speaker 23: She's no, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 18: It's just different.
Speaker 5: She's like, I did not know that I was going to lose all of my freedom.
Speaker 1: You do, well, not your freedom, but just somebody cares about. Actually it's freedom.
Speaker 5: It's freedom where you are free to do as you please without having to consent with someone else.
Speaker 17: Correct.
Speaker 23: And I mean again, it's an adjustment for me being single for seven years and then getting married. And I'm like, dang, I'm like, dude, we'll just go to the bar.
Speaker 2: But I understand why, though, Nicole, where you going to have to work today?
Speaker 23: I got on the track, right is I'm a coach?
Speaker 1: Well you better go. You better go where you you coach? We're at.
Speaker 23: Assump to South Carolina.
Speaker 7: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you train?
Speaker 23: I'm sorry, but what?
Speaker 1: What sports do you train?
Speaker 21: What?
Speaker 2: I know you tracked, but what or I'm gonna send my son down to you now. He just he's not doing football. He's doing track and he's like number two in New Jersey. But he needs some training because he's only been doing it for a year from football. I'm gonna sendhim down here for a week.
Speaker 1: We can get him, right, I'm serious, all.
Speaker 2: Right, stay on the line, I hold the all right.
Speaker 1: I don't even if we could trust it.
Speaker 2: She might be a killer or something like that. But we're gonna send Logan down. There's long we want to talk about. He a man in the house, so we're gonna set his ass down.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 18: Hello?
Speaker 16: Brandy?
Speaker 1: You call him from Brandy.
Speaker 18: I'm calling from standing text.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're asking. Before I got married, I wish somebody told me.
Speaker 18: What, man, that is definitely on the job training you have, Charlotte Mayne, and and it's marriage is a full time those days off job you. I wish someone would have had.
Speaker 1: To you that that is real work that.
Speaker 2: It's not just you know, you get married and everything is honkey door. You've got to continue to work on it every day.
Speaker 1: Right, how long you've been married, both.
Speaker 18: Parties got to be able to put in the work. We've been together twenty one years married, Well, yea's.
Speaker 1: A long time, and then y'all got technically you should have forever to go. Right, But let me ask you a question. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Does it feel like the way that you said it? Does it feel like marriage is like the old ball and chain? Or are you spending it in a positive way now?
Speaker 18: Changing generational curses.
Speaker 13: With the kids.
Speaker 18: I'm trying to change things. It's more of a sitting down talking about if to get into trouble.
Speaker 22: Like a lot of times you'll find in the marriage.
Speaker 18: Both parents they don't have the same co parenting. So that's a very tough.
Speaker 23: When you don't have the same co parents and you've got.
Speaker 18: Daddy girl over here, you got mama's boiled here, it makes it kind of hard being pulled. So we have to come together and sit and talk like, hey, we got to get on the same page with one another, because.
Speaker 23: You'll have one say yeah, sure, go ahead.
Speaker 19: And do that and we have the other thing.
Speaker 4: No, Oh, that's so real.
Speaker 3: But that's why you got to have conversations with the kids to and tell the kids don't do that. Don't divide us. But also as parents, if one of the kids come to you about something, the first thing.
Speaker 1: I do is go to mama.
Speaker 3: After your mama all I hear her and say, did you say and your mama is, or did you tell your mama this too?
Speaker 1: Don't try to get me in no trouble, because then I'm gonna get yelled at.
Speaker 2: What I do is I gonna go ask your mama, and then Mama usually coming back, and then Mama called me and say, hey, this, that and the other. I don't want to get in that's right, because I can't do that. Mama tell him no, And then they'll come sneak and be like, hey, Dad, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta do this. That happened to me.
Speaker 3: This that happened to me this morning, And Mama already said no. But you're trying to trick daddy. That's right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That email, yep, about to get me in trouble. That was well executed.
Speaker 5: She deserves it. She deserves a gift.
Speaker 1: I agree, but Mama said no, that's all she wrot.
Speaker 3: What's the moral of the story. I think the moral of the story is marriage is the moral the stories. Go buy Real Life, Real Love Man right now.
Speaker 2: It's the best selling book, Real Life, Real Life, Real Life, Real Love Life, Lessons of Joy, Pain and the Magic that holds Us Together. It's out right now on paperback. So pick it up right now, Amazon, wherever you buy books. And when we come back, we got your room report. We got to tell you guys about Tianna Taylor how she felt Pharrell could have been more of help in this industry.
Speaker 1: We'll explain when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: On the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Mourning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the j n V.
Speaker 2: Charlomagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Gia with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, beautiful people.
Speaker 2: And I want to say that this is the first day that I've worked here that Charlemagne hasn't flirted with me.
Speaker 1: First of all, I was wondering about myself. He didn't make right.
Speaker 3: Who switched up the energy because I don't be flirted. I told him I'm not playing.
Speaker 5: I was definitely going to make you.
Speaker 1: That's him first day and we didn't even think about it.
Speaker 2: He did say one thing when I was when I was in the office, I was about to get a water, he said, you better not been down over and get that.
Speaker 1: Definitely, you don't stop.
Speaker 5: I was waiting outside the door.
Speaker 1: I heard it. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk gossip.
Speaker 8: This is the room of report.
Speaker 25: I mean, I guess we on the breakfast This were the t spells right on.
Speaker 8: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now, you got to congratulate sis us. She scored her first Billboard Hot one hundred number one with kill Bill. Congratulations, that's crazy. That album was number one for like eight weeks. This shit, the whole album was. But that's her first number one single. Yeah, uh, that's all right. That's her first Billboard Hot one hundred, the one that can't be right. Yes, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So shout to her whole team over there.
Speaker 2: Shout to Baby Sam, Shout to Puerto Rican Rob, Shout to the whole staff and.
Speaker 1: Tde they man, absolutely, that's crazy. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Now, Tianna Taylor did an interview with Angie Martinez, legendary.
Speaker 3: Iconic Angie Martine's Rapping the Clues boll for Angie Martinez in Real Life is the best podcast out there and has been.
Speaker 1: For a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout to Angie mar Now they talked about Pharrell. Now if you don't know, she was signed to Pharrell at fifteen. She even did My Sweet Sixteen on MTV with Pharrell and all them, and she talks about how she wished Pharrell would have protected her a little more.
Speaker 26: That a really really, really really deep and honest conversation with Forrell, because you know that he was the first person to sign me and to me as a fifteen year old is you didn't protect me.
Speaker 1: You let everybody mis mishandle me. You know what I'm saying when I signed to you.
Speaker 25: So understand that that's like probably so hard for him to hear that.
Speaker 29: Just recently share that with him, and I want to say it might have been like right after fade came out, so I was like in a super like just poised, graceful place. Is just kind of like let him notice how proud I was of just us knowing him as well as I know him. It wasn't the thing that you did on purpose. You didn't purposely not protect me.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 29: He's so gentle, you know and just kind of just like let everybody push him out the way. And I guess for me, that fifteen year old, that girl just needed you to push for me more.
Speaker 3: Wow, tell you some man, If you want to hear in depth of vulnerable conversations, will guests completely let their guard down? Listen to in real life podcasts with Angie Martinez. There's nobody who makes the game more comfortable than Angie Martinez.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They also talk about the Fade video and the fact that she didn't even know it was coming out.
Speaker 29: Like it seemed like every time you got to the door, it's slammed in your face. That was the feeling that I was having, You get what I'm saying, even all the way down to Fade to do Fade and like.
Speaker 13: This is it?
Speaker 1: Faith was fire exactly.
Speaker 29: Another moment like right after Fade album should have dropped. It was always something So I was like, what were these moments and who were these moments really for?
Speaker 1: Really for I don't know, Like even when Fake Cam I I told you, I didn't know.
Speaker 29: I watched myself on the VMA's have one of the biggest moments of my career, sitting on my couch in Atlanta watching the VMAs.
Speaker 1: And what's happening inside? Is that anger? Is that disappointment.
Speaker 29: I don't even think that it was anger. That it may have hit a little later, because I think I was also trying to still process everything. You got to understand, when that video came out, my life literally changed overnight.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's real.
Speaker 3: I mean, the fade moment was definitely a moment for Kanye because that's his record, you know, me and but Kanye didn't think it through and you know, and say to himself, I'm gonna promote my record on the VMADE, but this is also my artist. Maybe let's drop a record, you know, the very next day. On Tianna Taylor, you know yeah, I mean, uh, I think that's been her whole career. I don't think she's got to push. I don't think people recognize the talent as they should because she's a She's.
Speaker 1: An amazing artists musically. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't wonder if it's not a disconnect with Tiana in the industry, it's more of a disconnect with Tiana and the consumer, right because the consumer be saying how much they love these people, But when these people drop a project, do you go support it?
Speaker 1: Do you go buy it?
Speaker 5: It's crazy, though, because everybody raves about Tiana Taylor, everybody admires her, everybody talks about her. So, you know, as someone that's just sitting back and watching, I've often thought to myself, like, damn, why doesn't she pop off the way that she should. I think it's all that talent, all that beauty, all that charisma. Why isn't she in the place that she's so supposed to be in.
Speaker 3: I think it's the consumer because when she drops music, the music is great, so the consumer doesn't go out there and get it because it had a number one album for eight weeks in a row, still selling, just had a number one single.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is because of the consumer.
Speaker 5: It's just so sad because she's become so disheartened that you know, at that time, she retired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she retired. She retired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, she's still retired as far as musically it's concerned. She said she said she might come back, but right now she's in acting. And she also talks about her relationship with her husband.
Speaker 10: Wow at any point do you feel God, I'm just like, why do I keep doing this? It's clearly not meant to be? Like do you ever get in your head that way?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have those moments.
Speaker 29: But the great thing about how I handle myself is I have that moment, and once I let it all out, I didn't have my conversation with God, and I'm like, just breathe into yours. And I think that that's the amazing part about having a relationship with God, because I think people think it's just like, Okay, get on your knees, put your hands together and say a prayer, you know, And I think it's really about just having real conversations with him.
Speaker 1: I got done, got up in a conversation with him, tight, you know, lady hit him with a yo, like Yo, father.
Speaker 4: Like what you what's my Like? What do my like? Do what you want me to do?
Speaker 21: Like?
Speaker 29: What's my higher calling?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I here?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 1: What what do you see for me?
Speaker 3: Tianna is fine, Okay, She's got a great career in so many different areas from music to acting. She's gonna continue to grow movie directing, video directing. I feel like I just saw something with She's creative director for Lotto.
Speaker 1: Now I'm making this now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now a lotos on tour. So she's actually uh directing in choreographic a Lotto set.
Speaker 1: That's right, all the dances and all that. So drop a bomb for Tianna Taylor.
Speaker 3: Don't be surprised if one day you see Tianna Taylor winning the winning the oscar.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: For directing our acting, you just never Knowana gonna be more than fine. All right, Well that is your rumor report.
Speaker 2: The People's Choice mixes up next, and I gotta remind you made twenty eighth my car show. We head into Memphis and I'm bringing the whole family out. He is gonna be there hanging out with me in Memphis.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely. I wouldn't miss it for the world, that's right.
Speaker 2: The kids would be out there. So it's a family fun day. We're gonna be having calls from young Dolph're gonna have his whole fleet. We're gonna be celebrating his life, Keyglock, fifty cent bun Be my Cause, and a host of others. If you haven't got your tickets, get him now. Tickets for kids of five and under are free. So get him now click the link in my bio and the People's Choice mixes up now.
Speaker 1: Jackson asked.
Speaker 5: He said, Mom, does daddy bring the rides from state to state? The jumpies and everything? Does he bring that?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: How does he get it there?
Speaker 21: We do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: He wanted to know if you physically transporting the Ferris wheels and you know the swinging arc and you know all of that from state to state.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other day I told him that, you know that, you know, when I was a child, we'd have to use we'd have to run on the plane to get the plane to go up in the air.
Speaker 14: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just messing with him. I was like, you know, in my day, we'd have to use our feet to get the plane in the air. We'd have to run real fast, flints. I definitely told him that.
Speaker 1: He was like, Mom said, you're lying. Mom said, you're fibbing. I was like, no, it's true. I even show him a business I allowed to use the word.
Speaker 5: Line definitely said fibbing or Italian untruth.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Well, the people Choice mixing up next Tole's go the breakfast club. Your morning's will never be the same.
Speaker 3: It's tough to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. With zip Recruiters, matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs.
Speaker 1: Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Breakfast Morning, everybody is DJ Envy Charlemagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our co hosts ged joining us today.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, hello beautiful people. Now, how was your day?
Speaker 9: How I was?
Speaker 1: How was you waking up early in the morning and rocking out with us in the morning.
Speaker 5: I mean I got to end up here and have a good time with you guys, So it is absolutely worth it, even though only got one hour of sleep. But I have to say it went by so quickly. This doesn't feel as though it's been as long as I've been sitting here.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we've got a good time.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And we got to remind the people that the national bestseller is out today, Real Life will be. It's out on paperback, so pick it up Amazon Books, wherever you buy your books. You can go to Barns and Nobles, whatever it may be. Get the book. It's about relationship, Me and my wife we've been together. How long we've been together?
Speaker 5: Twenty nine years on October eighth when you asked me to be your girlfriend.
Speaker 1: That's right, twenty nine years. And we've been married twenty two years.
Speaker 5: Twenty two years in a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks. So you have planned for me, but you got planned for me.
Speaker 1: You got call show. What are we doing the cause?
Speaker 4: Wait? What?
Speaker 5: What's the date of the car show?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, you took the anniversary money and put it into the call show thing. That's crazy. I know what we're eating that day.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm going out to Atlanta. We got to do the R and B Soul Picnic. That's Mother's Day weekend. So it's like a huge picnic in Atlanta with a bunch of artists.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's a go.
Speaker 5: So that's where we're going to be spending Mother's Day and our anniversary.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Did you ask her if that's what you want to do? Me on the same time as you in your anniversary.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely on the same time.
Speaker 1: That sounds crazy. Wow, I just got dbode. Look that's how much we're getting paid. All right, let's go see will Yeah, but We appreciate you for joining us. Thank you. I'm surprised. I thought for sure you were going to be late. I had a backup plan just in case you were late.
Speaker 4: There we did.
Speaker 1: But I had a backup plan because I thought for sure she was gonna be late this morning. I would have bet my life wanting you were late. Yes, I told you, like, I'm not playing the games. This is your job. This isn't dinner, this isn't meeting the friends out for drinks. This is your job. So I gotta say, this is our job, and you be all time. I mean, you won't be able to convince me of that, but yes.
Speaker 2: Jesus, all right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's the j Envy Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here, gear our cold. Thank you again for joining.
Speaker 1: Us, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: It's an honor, all right.
Speaker 2: And again the book is out right now, Real Life, Real Love, national bestseller. This is the paperback version, so pick it up. If you haven't got the other one, I'll get them both. And we appreciate you guys for riding with us and supporting us. Are we ever gonna get back to doing the podcast? Everybody hits me all the podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know, you just keep having kids, So I just the Podcas, It's on you.
Speaker 5: I need you to commit, commit right here so that I can hold you accountable to what you commit to.
Speaker 1: We just built a studio, I know. So when are we gonna start saving? It's not up to me.
Speaker 5: I tell you every week. Get it situated. I want to start this sounds like the podcast. I'm good tomorrow, absolutely joke.
Speaker 1: It can't be tomorrow, but the weekend. We can do it in a weekend. Do you promise? No, because I don't know if the kid's got games. Are you out of town this weekend? Friday?
Speaker 5: You're out of town on Friday?
Speaker 1: Saturday we have a gallon. All right, let's shoot.
Speaker 5: An episode or two or five over the weekend.
Speaker 1: You can't do it Friday, I'm out of town. Saturday we have the gallo with the Sunday. Why did you even ask? I don't know exactly right. It kind of seems like a mood point, right, Jesus Christ. Soon it's gonna come soon. Everybody is asking if it's over. It's definitely not over soon. Come and Charlamane, you got a positive note?
Speaker 21: I do.
Speaker 1: But before I do the positive note, man, I know this is a late notice.
Speaker 3: But you know, y'all know one of my favorite authors of all time is Judy Bloom and are you there, God, It's me Margaret comes out this Friday and tonight I'm having a special screening.
Speaker 1: Of all you there, God, it's me Margaret. It's actually called girl Dad's in Bloom right.
Speaker 3: So if you are a father and you want to bring your daughter to this special screening of all you there, God, it's me Margaret, call right now that it's at eight o'clock to night in New York City. If you're in New York, New York only, So eight o'clock to night. If you're in New York, call us right now, and it's first come, first serve. So I'll put a couple of y'all on the list tonight, the list for the night. It's at eight o'clock if you want to go, If you're in New York City and you want to take your daughter to see all you there? God is me Margaret, or you and your wife and your daughter want to go see it. Whatever it is, just just hit us up right now and we'll put you on the list.
Speaker 1: And that's eight hundred five five one.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. I'm only gonna take like four people, though maybe six, it just depends. Just call call right now, first come for a serf.
Speaker 21: Yes.
Speaker 3: The positive note is simply this man. People hate when they can't get under your skin. Okay, I'm at peace and you're in peace. Stay blessed though.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club bitches, do y'all finished or y'all done?