Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Broke and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: And did you guys know we have listeners.
Speaker 1: In Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they Actually? If you're listening from their DM me after this, Kay, after you hear the full shower.
Speaker 1: I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 4: Remember not too long ago, when millennials were seen as this lazy generation of entitled hipsters who needed constant praise and didn't naturally know how to do anything themselves.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, but gen Z is taken over.
Speaker 2: You know, they come up.
Speaker 1: They're taking the role of.
Speaker 4: Very interesting point because a new survey just came out that found millennials are now seen as the best employees.
Speaker 5: Of any.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's how it always works, right, The old people complain about the young people until they become the old people.
Speaker 4: It is kind of shocking, though, because Jose is a bona fide millennial. Jose, apparently you're one of the best employees that's ever existed.
Speaker 7: You guys, when I roll in twenty thirty minutes later, every day set the.
Speaker 4: Bar you can't argue with research. Meanwhile, gen Z was voted as the worst employee.
Speaker 5: I guess is on time every day.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 1: She's as late as Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why is it a bad idea to have someone like Alexis on your staff? It is awo not getting personally, just using you as an example for the generation.
Speaker 1: And what do they say? I like gen Z?
Speaker 4: A popular career website took a poll of thirteen hundred bosses. Seventy four percent of them said gen Z is harder to work with than any other generation. Check me out. She's millennials and this is the craziest part. When asked why gen Z workers are so bad, the top answer was they act like they know tech, but really they don't.
Speaker 3: The old people are saying we don't know it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I mean they talk doesn't count. It's not well, she knows how to use Snapchat. Yeah, very useful.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Other top complaints about gen Z workers were they lack effort, they lack motivation, They get very easily distracted. You want to put your phone down and say something. Maybe just don't care. Most managers say their gen Z employees get very very easily offended to.
Speaker 6: Oh, I can see that, maybe because the boss is saying something pretty offensive.
Speaker 1: Don't put up with it anymore. Yeah, I love them.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 4: They say they have to fire more gen Z employees than any other generation.
Speaker 6: Well, they're easily getting other jobs, so she worked from home gigs to Yeah.
Speaker 4: True, gen Z employees always getting offended, especially when their workplace makes them wear a dog shock collars. Maybe get a little thicker skin. Gen Z we do it here every morning with a shot callar Digital Jake show everybody what a real man sounds like when he asks a question, even though it's still early in the music pops on, even though it's still early in the morning. You know what I'm really craving for lunch?
Speaker 9: Guy Fiertti's trash can nachos from Guy Fietti's Vegas Kitchen in Sin City, Nevada.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How you actually say his last name?
Speaker 5: It's not no, It's Fiertti.
Speaker 1: Oh ye Guy.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm hoping, because of all my hard work coming up with these trivia questions, that both teams will be grateful and generous enough to order those nachos for me from Uber Eats and have them delivered from Las Vegas. It's in time for lunch today, so good. That's how I personally want to celebrate another edition of the world's favorite game, Cap or No Cap.
Speaker 7: Starting with Jose and Alexis teams.
Speaker 9: Jose Alexis a ducks quack does not echo CAP or no CAP.
Speaker 7: I actually have an inclination that this is true. And I think it's because and I think scientists have no idea why. This is like one of the world's unsolved mysteries that they've tried to put ducks into like a echo something, and they don't understand how because almost all vocals would echo any sound.
Speaker 1: Has anyone experienced ducks in a canyon before?
Speaker 4: Is it because ducks don't have souls and souls echo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Daffy is very insulted.
Speaker 4: He's probably gen z.
Speaker 5: So what I want to ask is, alexis, do you trust me?
Speaker 3: I did that sounded like something you hear in a documentary.
Speaker 4: I trust the millennial in the room who's voted as the best employees.
Speaker 5: Why that is true? We're gonna say no CAP.
Speaker 4: They said no CAP, and that is cap.
Speaker 9: Though it may be hard to hear the echo in nature in the right situation, scientifically they've proven it does echo.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Over one over to Brook and Jeff the North star is the brightest star in the night sky? Cap or no cap?
Speaker 6: Well, Jeffrey, remember I took astronomy twice. I didn't show up the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I The problem is is that people think that there's brighter stars, but those are actually planets. Yeah, you know, like when you see Saturn or Jupiter out there.
Speaker 4: I was doing a yacht sale with some friends and I had to point out to them that the bright things in the sky were planets too.
Speaker 1: Oh you did during your yacht sale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was one of the most depressing yacht sales that I've ever been on.
Speaker 1: Well, because you were there with idiots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they didn't know the stars. So I have them turn the boat around. Your yacht has a sail, there's a catamaran.
Speaker 1: I still don't think it's the brightest.
Speaker 4: I don't. Yeah, it's not the brightest.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the brightest. We're going to say that is cap.
Speaker 9: They said cap, and that is cap. The north star is known as Polaris, and it's about the fiftieth in terms of brightness, the brightest.
Speaker 5: What's called serious serious.
Speaker 4: The dog stars are.
Speaker 9: Brook and jeffrep one nothing back to jose and Alexis Boy. Back in the sixteen hundreds, real life pirates flew the Jolly Rogers skull and crossbone flags above their ship cap or no cap?
Speaker 1: Did they do it or did Disney make it up? Yeah? They use in Disney it's.
Speaker 5: Called the Jolly.
Speaker 4: Jolly Rogers. The black flag with the skull and cross.
Speaker 5: This isn't a good star for us. Who's Roger?
Speaker 7: Yeah, in all the movies with Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 5: But is it actually legit? I mean they had to fly something, right, But here's.
Speaker 7: My knowledge of history is that even pirates wouldn't they tend to fly the flag from the country they're from, or the country flag they just took. Like if they robbed an English ship, they would probably put the English flags.
Speaker 5: Not every pirate could have a pirate flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you want to advertise that you're a pirate coming?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like the original scammers, like they didn't want to advertise, but they were scamming you before they got you.
Speaker 5: So do you agree that what's our statement? That'd be capa cap?
Speaker 9: They said cap and that is no cap. Jose was writing. Sometimes pirates would put country flags above their ship to trick other ships, but they would put the Jolly Roger up there as a way to intimidate people from Afar, being like, you don't want to mess with.
Speaker 5: That, don't attack up.
Speaker 9: We're going to intimidate you. This is our way of negotiating. You don't want to mess with that. Trash can not just coming my way.
Speaker 4: But jeff you won one o victory for us, and that means jose and Alexis are going to take a joint shock while singing. Since you've been gone, by Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 5: Since you've been gone, I can't breathe. It's time I'm moving on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's a comic question.
Speaker 8: The other day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Is anybody watching The Mandalorian right now with Baby Yoda using the force?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 4: You were watching it? Yeah, okay, Brook's watching it, Baby Jaba doing the Flossie on it. I know it's just a show, but it would be pretty sweet to be able to move objects and make people do things just using your mind. Yeah, Like, I'm going to try to Jedi mind trick Brook into buying me lunch today.
Speaker 6: Do you want to buy I'm gonna try to Jedi mind trick you into paying me back, and that never seems to work.
Speaker 4: Brook, you want to buy me lunch, don't You.
Speaker 1: Probably will do it anyway.
Speaker 6: I'm hungry and I feel guilty that I don't get something for you guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, it wasn't as convincing as I thought I was.
Speaker 5: You're yeah.
Speaker 4: I never thought i'd have to say this, but we're gonna need to tag team Brook. Jedi minds are better than one. Let's both try and trick her into buying us lunch. Jedi mind trick her into telling us what she's been thinking about lately, just by asking her directly. And if brand knew, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Not lunch anymore.
Speaker 8: It's coming up Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Spilling a beer is the adult equivalent of a child letting go of his balloon. Watching it, you could still see it and the cloud. But luckily on this segment we don't spill any beer. The only thing we spill is the tea. Yeah, we do about ourselves. For What's on your Mind? Where we go around the room, starting with Brooke Brook, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: You guys know how much I love my new Cary.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: It's the first time I've ever purchased a brand new car too. Oh yeah, this is the first time I've ever owned a brand new car. I tell everybody, is such a great car.
Speaker 4: What's been on your mind? It's good, yeah, good for the environment.
Speaker 6: And so I've been waving to other Kia drivers.
Speaker 5: You know JEP.
Speaker 6: Drivers do it, or like if you're in a convertible, other convertible people wave.
Speaker 5: To each other.
Speaker 4: It's only rich people that do that with their rich cars. You don't see it with like the Toyota corollas.
Speaker 5: You have about Karate as well.
Speaker 6: Year, I tried to make it happen with my keya nero okay, And I've been waving the other Kia drivers like, hey, we're.
Speaker 5: In the club.
Speaker 8: The cake.
Speaker 4: Going for you, Brooke.
Speaker 11: The reception hasn't been great, just because I.
Speaker 1: Think people don't know that we should all do it together, right, Like, I've gotten a couple of head nods.
Speaker 11: I got one guy flipped me off, and I'm not sure if that was because of my driving or because of me waving.
Speaker 5: All of it.
Speaker 6: Fine, if anyone out there is driving a Kia, just you know what's up.
Speaker 4: Back to everybody, just.
Speaker 1: Let the car.
Speaker 4: Jo, We get it. That's on your well.
Speaker 7: I recently made a Facebook post that had the most comments I've ever received, like hundreds and hundreds and.
Speaker 6: Hundreds of comments the girlfriend post yes yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah so, and I asked for people's opinions on a situation.
Speaker 7: We're a girl who has a boyfriend wants to meet up and hang out with me. You've never met in person, but we've chatted online for a long time, like years, and I've openly told her I'm a try her and if we ever hung out that I would want to like court her romantically.
Speaker 4: You're telling the person that's in a relationship you want to court them.
Speaker 7: No, I'm telling them when they say let's hang out and I say, no, you're you're gonna have a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: I feel uncomfortable hanging out with.
Speaker 7: You because we flirt, we have a mutual attraction, and I'm attracted to you.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 6: See a relationship, but you kind of already are by just talking to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: She hasn't had a boyfriend for years. We have flirted many times.
Speaker 7: Then recently she got a boyfriend and then asked to hang out, and so anyway, that's why, Yeah, I said no, And she keeps saying, well, I can have friends. I don't see a problem with it. And literally, bro, I'm like, I'm not a friend. So I'm just asking the listeners because not everyone follows my social media. Do you think I'm overthinking this because she seems to think that I am.
Speaker 3: You've got a ton of Facebook comments though you still more.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a couple thousand people on Facebook, and there's millions of people that listen.
Speaker 5: So I want to keep you guys up.
Speaker 4: To date with my thing. What do you think is jose a good guy? I think he's a good guy. Right, tell us what's been on your mind.
Speaker 3: The last night, I got a text from this bridal party I'm in.
Speaker 6: I got put in a group message you are a bridesmaid eight thousand times, so I'm in three this summer.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So they text me they're like, hey, don't forget the four hundred and fifty dollars is due today?
Speaker 1: What? And I'm like shocked because I'm I haven't heard about this.
Speaker 4: You know, fifty dollars for.
Speaker 3: What the hotel apparently for what just the hotel don't get me started my address yesterday. So I text someone else, you know, kind of making sure I read it right. She's like, yeah, have you not been checking the app? And I'm with an app yes. So apparently we're saying an app where they've been communicating for months making sure everyone's okay with the payment, and I haven't.
Speaker 1: Been checking the app. So I owe about eight hundred dollars now party just for the bachelortte. And then I talk about I have another app for another party. That reminded me of that.
Speaker 5: I also haven't checked a different app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, different one.
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: At it together? I owe a couple of dollars and.
Speaker 5: Feet it's so expensive. Rich sugar Daddy's text in, let's take care.
Speaker 4: Of the Welsh pargo should really do like bridal party loans?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in debt to be a bridesmaid. That's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Credit good enough to get a loan. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've tried not to check my credit card. Yeah, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, I went to a birthday for one of my nieces and it was at a trampoline park. Okay, you know those like big warehouses. The entire floor it's just trampolines and ball pits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and bare feet.
Speaker 4: Obvious, Well you have to wear socks. Oh, that's right. Obviously it's supposed to be for kids. But I look out on the floor and there's one guy who maybe looks like he's mid thirties, and he seems to be on a date because he's bouncing with this other, like blonde woman. My first thought is who would take a date here? Because it's one pm on a Sunday afternoon, and you know there's going to be just like a sea of children who would want to take like a romantic situation into that.
Speaker 1: A creepy guy who wants to get a woman on a trampoline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Yeah, it's sad, but that's I guess that's true.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, adults that size can create quite a bounce, and he was clearly trying to show off for his date, because he was launching himself as high as possible, body flailing completely out of control, and you're all these like little four and five year.
Speaker 5: Old kids really launching.
Speaker 1: You know, it was.
Speaker 4: Dangerous and he was being reckless. So I did the most embarrassing thing possible, and I took off my shoes and I bounced out to talk to him.
Speaker 11: No, you didn't bouncing just like there's nothing tough about that movie.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've seen the Karen videos, so just imagine what it was like to have a male Karen angrily bouncing out on the trampoline, saying, hey, you shouldn't be out, shit, it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: WHOA did he listen to you?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't listen to me. He kept bouncing the other way with his date. So am I gonna go back this Sunday afternoon?
Speaker 1: No comment?
Speaker 5: Yeah you are, you're stringing. You're a Venus guy.
Speaker 11: I can see you be in the competitive boucher at the trampline part.
Speaker 5: I'm not even lying.
Speaker 4: He was on the sun. I'll just admit that. But text in to seven eight five nine to two, tell us what's been on your mind lately? It's Brook and Jeffery in the morning getting texts coming into seven eight five nine too. Because we asked you to tell us what's been on your mind. We shared what's been on ours and someone said, Hi, love you all, guys, I really love your show. Love Brook, jeff and the Sexy Voice Alexis love me. As for Jose, I just started to love him, but I'm scared. Help me up, courage. I'm texting you guys overseas. It's seven pm. Love you much?
Speaker 5: Why is everyone scared to love me? I'm yelling about it.
Speaker 1: That's what I love you.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that we have all these foreign listeners that probably can't understand what there's what we're saying.
Speaker 11: I'm just going to tell you if if you're learning English from our show, you're not learning it right.
Speaker 1: But hey, you know what, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Another text says, my husband and I listen to your show every day on Spotify. Like I literally count down the time when it's usually loaded. Y'all bring you so much joy. Let's start the countdown for her right now?
Speaker 11: Eight seven okay, Like this is the one that puts it up distress a little bit.
Speaker 4: Another text says, good morning friends, Steady Eddie, do me a solid and say hi.
Speaker 8: Our name.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting you have to wait for you.
Speaker 4: Have to wait. Another text to come in and the textboard broke.
Speaker 12: I can think.
Speaker 8: On that Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know who needs a tough love message right now. It's all the singles on dating apps who keep getting rejected and blocked left and right. Joh, this is for you. Okay. So you're single and lonely and undesirable and no one wants to be with you physically or emotionally, and you're ready to give up and just get used to the idea of having no one else in your Christmas cards except for you.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you no.
Speaker 4: Give in to that temptation, because guess what, there's people much worse off than you are. How do I know that? Because those people have reached out to a radio station and are ready to share their ridiculously horrible dating stories.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So dust off your nicest cardigan and iron your pocket protectors because you're gonna feel revitalized to get back into the dating world.
Speaker 7: Want to hear from this batch of romantic road kill it it's motivational.
Speaker 1: Let's not book you for any graduation speeches anytime.
Speaker 7: So I'm still sad and lonely, but I'm make sure you're here for a brand new battle of the tender dates coming up.
Speaker 5: Me here, I got nowhere else.
Speaker 8: We'll one dating app. Then there's right the question is whose love life is more tragic.
Speaker 4: It's Battle of the Tender Dates. It's the dating game show that just invented an x rated cure for the hiccups. Oh my god, I'll show you if you ever need it. I want to see Battle of the Tender Dates, where two of our listeners go ahead to head to figure out whose dating life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, she likes her men like she likes her breakfast, little runny with sauce all over them. Welcome a Benny, Jenny.
Speaker 6: Hey, I don't understand the running.
Speaker 1: They're running away from you maybe.
Speaker 4: And in the other corner, she has the same bedroom look as when she goes to the planetarium and looks up at the ceiling. Meet space faced Gracey.
Speaker 1: Staring into the abyss.
Speaker 4: Here's how the game works. One contestant we'll start by telling one of their worst dating stories than the other. We're trying to counter with a nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth the three rounds here, so we declare a winner. Gonna kick things off with eggs, Benny Jenny, let's go does make me hungry?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 13: So I went on this date with this guy. We went to a laundry map.
Speaker 4: Yes, sexy, that can be.
Speaker 6: This was my parents first state at Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of cute.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I was like, okay, whatever. We go to a dryer. He gets the stuff and them he goes to like another dryer that's not his and like trades a couple of his shirts with shirts that were in that bar. He just thought that's his way of shopping on a budget.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 4: It was like Brooks parents first Grace, can you fire back?
Speaker 2: So I'm at a guy's apartment and his phone starts going off with all these like ring notifications. But I guess like when you pass in front of it, just like.
Speaker 1: Security camp.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he goes, oh my god, that must be my hot neighbor and.
Speaker 1: Like what interesting to say?
Speaker 2: And then he's like, can you come to the door with me? I kind of want to make her jealous, and I was like, okay, I'll bite whatever.
Speaker 8: Game.
Speaker 2: So we like come up to the door and I open it and this woman is standing outside with a.
Speaker 13: Baby, a baby, like a whole baby.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm glad it wasn't half a baby. That would actually be more concerning.
Speaker 2: No, we were both slored, obviously, and that was very surprised. And then she goes, it's your turn today.
Speaker 4: Oh he's down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a child.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So this state tells me that he likes to swim and he does laps at the local pool and he told me to like meet him there the following weekend. So when I'm there, he's wearing like speedos and goggles and with nose plugs for his first swim lesson ever.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait, wait what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't believe you had the confidence so in you.
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 13: It was a little awkward, but I just sat on the side and I laughed and he was plowing bubbles with like six year old Yeah, Grace.
Speaker 4: What do you got?
Speaker 2: A guy invited me out. We go to the casino and he's like, I've been watching all these YouTube videos.
Speaker 6: I'm a proud Oh yeah, he thinks he can count cards or something.
Speaker 1: Right, is that where he's at?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like YouTube university, Like he's got.
Speaker 1: It, you know.
Speaker 2: Like I was kind of impressed at first. I was like, this is kind of dope, Like what if you get like a lot of money or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some people really can't do that.
Speaker 4: How to go?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 2: And then I was like, let's go to the jack black table.
Speaker 5: And you guys, do you mean blackjack?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The blackjack table.
Speaker 1: I wish I was a jack black table is the funniest table.
Speaker 4: In the.
Speaker 2: And then his firsthand, his firsthand, he goes, how much is the queen worth?
Speaker 12: Again?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Final, your best story is Jenny.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 13: So I just moved to the city and I got on the dating apps and basically the first guy that I matched with offered me to give me a tour, and so I just yeah, sure, yeah, And I thought that was cute. But our first stop where we went was where he met his ex wife.
Speaker 4: He told you that.
Speaker 13: And then we went to the park where she dumped him.
Speaker 5: He wants you to know that.
Speaker 13: That's honestly where I was like, I have to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh man, it's a place he got dumped twice.
Speaker 13: And wait, wait, he told me I couldn't go because they had broken up and gotten back together four other times. So I still had a lot more to see.
Speaker 1: Yo, A good point. You don't want to miss out.
Speaker 4: This is a space Pace Grace last Chance.
Speaker 2: So this guy invited me in to tagalon help watch one of his friends get proposed to.
Speaker 8: Whoa good?
Speaker 6: I be kind of pissed if my husband's buddy brought a first date to my proposal. By the way, just from thetive anyway, sorry, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, How did that go?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're hiding and we like get behind this little bush and then I see the two people show up, and I'm watching this really sweet proposal happen in front of me.
Speaker 4: Sounds like fun.
Speaker 13: Actually yeah.
Speaker 2: And so then right before she's about to say yes, my date jumps out of the bushes and yells, you can't say yes to him. He goes, he's cheating on you with me.
Speaker 1: Dude, I want to be there for that time. That's way more excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got the final bell, So the match is over.
Speaker 3: As we need to score in Alexis, I'm going Jennifer for going to the ex's dating spot.
Speaker 6: One engagement, race with a proposal, break all tied up.
Speaker 7: That means race with the giant bomb.
Speaker 4: That congratulations, Space Brook and Jeffery's Charity dater of the Week.
Speaker 12: Congratulation.
Speaker 2: Wow that had to win.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, a movie relationship goals for us. Yeah, that's Battle of the Tender Dates. We got your phone tap coming.
Speaker 8: Up, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: In today's call, here's the scenario. A guy named Nate is getting married and he wanted us to prank his best man. So he's told this guy there's another friend of his that lives on the opposite coast who's also going to share some of the best man duties and two of them should coordinate. So he's been emailing this Gmail that's not responding because it's not a real person. The groom made up this whole thing just to set him up for today's phone tap, and we really put him on the spot. You're gonna hear it right down as on the twenties.
Speaker 8: Hello, heyes, is Paul.
Speaker 12: Uh Yeah, hey me.
Speaker 16: My name's Keith. Look, I know we haven't met. I'm Nate's best man and I'm supposed to call you about setting up his bachelor party.
Speaker 12: Yeah man, yeah, yeah, hold.
Speaker 4: On, Look dude, I'm in some serious right now and I need your help.
Speaker 16: Okay, Look, my wife she thinks I'm messing around on her, and I think she's either like track my car or my phone or something. But I just saw her pull up right now outside, and I am I'm screwed.
Speaker 12: Bro, I don't know what you're like, what are keep talking about?
Speaker 16: I'm at a massage parlor, you know, like not one of those credited ones, you know, like a freaking massage parlor.
Speaker 12: Bro, you know I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 4: I don't think you wonder stand how serious this is. This is my third strike with her. She's gonna be pissed. I need you to vouch for me, please?
Speaker 14: Like, what can I do?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 12: Like I'm I'm on the phone with you.
Speaker 16: I told her that I was meeting up with an old college friend from Australia.
Speaker 4: His name is Jack.
Speaker 16: When she comes in here, I need you to be Jack.
Speaker 12: I can't do it in Australia, then.
Speaker 4: Please, she's walking in the door.
Speaker 5: Are you doing hey, babe?
Speaker 1: How don't babe the phone man in this disgusting massage parlor?
Speaker 5: Oh god, honey, I was pranked? What Jack pranked me? What you have? My Australian friend? He gave me the wrong address that he set me up. I don't even know where I am.
Speaker 1: You think I'm talking about you?
Speaker 5: Seriously? I'm on the phone with him right now. Jack and me.
Speaker 7: Jack, dude, you got me so much trouble man.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Jack? Is this Jack?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How do you know my husband.
Speaker 12: From college?
Speaker 1: From Polish?
Speaker 12: Buddy?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: And what college did you go to? Jack?
Speaker 12: You know, like you mean down under?
Speaker 7: See, Honey, I told you I studied abroad in Australia one semester.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sound real desperate right now.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 6: This isn't the first time I've caught Keith his pants down, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Okay, this was my pants aren't down though, I'm just.
Speaker 6: Okay, shut it, Keith, just shut it, okay.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 6: Two other times, one time with my cousin. Do you know how that makes me feel?
Speaker 12: You don't know what to say about that one?
Speaker 6: Oh, now you're speechless. Now you're a speechless Australian. I've never met one of those.
Speaker 10: Jack, Jack and Ry huh huh.
Speaker 1: I didn't even understand what you said. What you are saying? Doesn't even.
Speaker 12: You seen that?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 12: We always joked around, Coach.
Speaker 1: He joked around by sleeping around.
Speaker 5: He's a prankster.
Speaker 1: Wow, funny, that's Jack.
Speaker 5: If I ever remember Jack, it's me.
Speaker 6: So you're expecting me to believe that you just pranked my husband and sent him to one of these filthy massage parlors.
Speaker 12: I thought it would be funny, my by day funny.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's nothing funny about this place.
Speaker 1: It's dark.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, it's CD.
Speaker 12: It won't be doing that game?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 12: Okay, it won't be doing that again.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're starting to have a little irish.
Speaker 12: I did have a few drinks this morning, and every time I drink, I stand a bit o funny.
Speaker 8: Isn't now?
Speaker 5: You see where we're friends. Let's babe, let's get out of here. You and me, let's go, let's go home.
Speaker 1: Did you say something else in that accent?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 5: Come on, honey, he's already done enough. Let's let's leave him alone.
Speaker 1: Like what you know, just maybe something hot.
Speaker 12: Honestly, it's bed in the hame scene. We can't kick up the bakshi.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what the hell that means.
Speaker 6: Game A go, like a go somewhere go where we.
Speaker 12: Said you wank, you know, having to go.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, that's perfect because we're having to go with you as in this is.
Speaker 1: A go because it's a prank phone call.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what are you talking?
Speaker 1: We're doing a prank phone call on you. It's Brooke and Jose from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 12: Oh god, yeah, okay, you can.
Speaker 5: Drop the accent now, bro I was.
Speaker 12: So mad, it was so mad put me on the spot. I'm like, I remember even thinking I know how to do it Australian accent.
Speaker 7: But you had my back though, and you're a great guy. I can see why you're the best man. You're amazing.
Speaker 12: Jeez, thank you.
Speaker 8: Week up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just me, but I feel like whenever I'm out in the world, it's a huge conversation changer the moment I tell someone I actually host a radio show. Yeah, you guys get that too.
Speaker 6: People are always really interested in what that looks like.
Speaker 4: Everyone to me is like, whoa, Really, you don't seem good at talking in real life.
Speaker 1: Well, your coworkers say that too.
Speaker 4: Well that all might be true. I'm just saying our jobs are definite attention grabbers when we bring them up, but it's nothing compared to the woman that we call today because when we found out what she does for a living, everyone in the room stopped and wanted to know every single detail. You're gonna understand why when you hear it in your brand new second Date update right after this Second Date Update. Occasionally we check back in with callers months after they come on the show to see how their relationship is going.
Speaker 1: I love when we do that.
Speaker 4: We call it a second Date Update update. Yeah, but today we're doing something kind of new. We have a second Date update update updates, a triple update.
Speaker 1: I feel now we're getting clingy, can you know what I mean? Like, can't we just let people live their lives at some point?
Speaker 5: Jeff, it's square.
Speaker 4: No, we want to be as deeply involved in our listeners' lives as possible with them. We're doing a Trump date today. Yeah, a few of those different meaning though, But seriously, one of our listeners, Anthony, reached out to us again. So first of all, Anthony, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 10: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm having a hard time placing with Anthony what you were on before.
Speaker 4: So last time Anthony was on, you were dating a woman named Mallory, and you guys were saying that you were happy together, but she was having you pay for a lot of her and her friend's activities.
Speaker 6: Oh I kind of remember this, and we're like, oh, she's using you, And then you're.
Speaker 1: Like, no, she's hot. Is that am I remembering night?
Speaker 10: That's pretty close.
Speaker 4: No, Mallory, it's just you today, Anthony. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Uh? So with Mallory?
Speaker 4: I ran out of money?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you broke what?
Speaker 4: Just go get a bank loan?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Did she wait? Did she leave you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: Yeah, she basically dropped me after I stopped paying for everything for her and her friends.
Speaker 1: So A right, I see where she's coming from.
Speaker 4: Like, you go, girl, that sucks, man, But it sounds like you're better off.
Speaker 1: Without that, which I think told you so Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, So is that it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: Guess if you went on at a date with another person that you're interested in.
Speaker 10: Yes, that has been happening.
Speaker 4: Okay, who's the new girl?
Speaker 10: I found a new woman named Lisa?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and what do you like about her?
Speaker 10: Well, the first thing that stands out to me about her I find fascinating is that she does private security detail for celebrity whoa.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's interesting one of your employees. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Let's get one that was.
Speaker 4: That like right there on her dating profile.
Speaker 10: No, that's just something that came out after But she won't tell me who these clients are. And that's what I'm always trying to get out of it.
Speaker 5: That's job at least privacy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So have you guys been on one date? Two dates? Were yet?
Speaker 10: We just got out once?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, how did it go?
Speaker 10: It went pretty well. I mean another thing that I thought was pretty funny is one thing I did see on her profile is there's like an ad that comes up on people's profiles that says today's high flyer of the week, like when they're getting a lot of accent. I guess when they.
Speaker 1: Call it app it's funny.
Speaker 4: Is that a good thing for you or or a red flag?
Speaker 10: Jury's out on that, but I mean, I call I was calling her the high flyer as a joke.
Speaker 6: Is that something that she puts on her profile or is it something that the app does automatically? Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to apps.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think the app does that if you're really popular on the app.
Speaker 4: That's another interesting talking point though, to bring up on the date, like how did it go?
Speaker 10: I was good At first. I couldn't tell if she was going to be a real person or not, but she was exactly how she described herself.
Speaker 1: So she's real pretty, is what you're saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, well she's pretty casual. She showed up in Gucci sweats a tupac coudie.
Speaker 17: Okay, she doesn't have a sense of styles.
Speaker 10: It's kind of cute, but I thought it was pretty cool and we did have fun. She talked a lot about this charity work she does, so she's really big on giving back to a community, and I was able to relate because I was just gonna involved with the charity with my ex girlfriend and her friends.
Speaker 1: So I hope to say that, Yeah, is that how you brought it up?
Speaker 10: No, No, I made that joke in the failed to go to further detail about it with their books.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, so we didn't even ask what were you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Were you drinking?
Speaker 8: Eating?
Speaker 1: What was the date about?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got a couple of drinks. We went to a happy hour.
Speaker 6: Okay, so it's chill. So that's why she could wear the sweatshirt and the sweatpants.
Speaker 1: I see you budgeting.
Speaker 12: That idea.
Speaker 10: I think she wanted to see me in the daylight.
Speaker 4: Did you feel like you had a good connection with her?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 10: I did, But yeah, I could definitely tell why she is the high flyer because her phone keeps buzzing the whole time we're together. I have a suspicion that she's definitely talking to more guys than just me.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Probably.
Speaker 4: I mean, jose, if you were out on a date with someone who was a high flyer, is that a red flag to you?
Speaker 5: No? I would just be happy to I'm on a.
Speaker 4: Date, you're buying a ticket on to that point, maybe.
Speaker 6: She wanted, hey, step off the fast plane, move on to the slope plane with.
Speaker 7: Him, and I'm definitely.
Speaker 4: Overall overall though, how do you think the first date went good?
Speaker 6: Bad?
Speaker 10: I think it went good, Okay. I was hoping that we're gonna go on another date. But her responses are a little spotty.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and I don't know if you did this or not, but did you ever point out, hey, your phone is buzzing a lot, or you're getting a lot of dudes trying to hit you up?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 10: Come across as weirdly, I didn't think that would be a good style on my fire. I played it cool. I played it cool. It was, it was just slightly up inside.
Speaker 4: You seem to have answers. Let's find out what Lisa has to say for herself. We're gonna call the high flyer director.
Speaker 6: Maybe shet it as well.
Speaker 4: As what's on her art your second date update right after this. Imagine being out with someone you're very interested in and finding out that they do security detail for the rich and famous, but they won't tell you who. Not only that they're a verified high flyer on the dating app where you met them.
Speaker 1: Which means that they get a lot of action.
Speaker 5: Yeah they're on the front page.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, or I don't know, someone just paid to feature them or.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 4: And they wear Gucci sweats with Tupac hoodies to first dates like it's no big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're cool.
Speaker 4: For me personally. This is a very interesting second date call because, like jose said before, I really hope that she actually answers us because we don't get to talk to people like this very often.
Speaker 6: He cannot be the one that also like pries into who the celebrities are she works for?
Speaker 1: Just ask why?
Speaker 6: I know A day shoudn't want to answer.
Speaker 7: But if she's like standing next to Kim Kardashian right now, is like I can't talk.
Speaker 4: I mean, we do want a lot of answers from her, but the main thing we want to know is why she's not going out with Anthony. That's true because this is a very unique type of woman and Anthony. Best part is she hasn't made you pay for anything yet either, but you are willing to yes, wait, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Wait you paid for the date though, right, Anthony, you paid for happy hour?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it paid for the date at the bar, but it wasn't like with Mallory. I wasn't paying for parking.
Speaker 6: And you know the last girl that you were on the show with.
Speaker 4: Okay, you'll pay for parking on the second date at least. Let's let's call her and try and figure out where that's going to be and if she'll go out with you. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Lisa? Yes, it is Hey, Lisa. What's up? You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Lisa.
Speaker 14: Oh hi, I guess I can't project us.
Speaker 4: If you haven't heard us before. We're low key, bougie, the lowest key.
Speaker 5: I feel like Jeffrey Good.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a free show shirt.
Speaker 14: Got Okay, what is it all about? I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Well, we're one of those weird shows that helps listeners with their dating lives. When they go out with someone and they're not getting a return callback, we reach out and try and help figure out the reason why.
Speaker 14: Uh okay, I.
Speaker 4: Know, pretty pathetic on our part, but people get paid to do it.
Speaker 6: Thanks jeff I kind of like this segment, but I like it too.
Speaker 4: My parents are really ashamed of it. But that's not it's not about us. We're trying to ask about you and your relationship with a guy named Anthony.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, you guys went to a happy hour?
Speaker 14: Yeah we did.
Speaker 4: Okay, pretty great guy, huh.
Speaker 14: I mean yeah, he's a nice guy, good looking.
Speaker 1: What was your like thoughts on the date?
Speaker 14: I mean it was really chill. We just had a couple of drinks at happy hour and.
Speaker 17: It was just a date, nothing to write home about, Okay, I mean, was there any like big red flags to you for why you're not going out with him again because he said he's been trying to organize a second meet up and it's not quite happening.
Speaker 14: I mean no, there weren't any red flags when we were sitting there talking. I mean, he was very interesting, He was interested in me, asked me a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: Can I offer something up that he told us? Because sure, he said he was worried he may have offended you by prying too much into your job because he found out you helped organize security for big time celebrities.
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, yeah, I just made that up to sound Wait what.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I was interested even us.
Speaker 4: We were prepared with all these questions to try and get you to reveal who you do security for.
Speaker 6: Usually if somebody lies on a date, there's like shame and stuff.
Speaker 1: You're laughing joke to you.
Speaker 14: Well, I couldn't tell him what my real job is.
Speaker 4: Who can you tell us your real job?
Speaker 14: I guess at this point, if I'm not going to see him again and share, I'll tell you what my real job is.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 14: I am actually part owner of the dating site?
Speaker 15: Wait way wait Anthony, Yeah, oh, some friends had the idea and we were just talking about stuff and it's.
Speaker 14: Just an idea. Well, they moved forward and they asked if I wanted to be an early investor, and let's do it, and it just kind of blew up.
Speaker 6: So when it says when it says high flyer on your dating app, that just means like CEO or something.
Speaker 5: Pretty much.
Speaker 14: I mean, we were looking for trying to like do a feature like on the app, and I just said I'll do it single. I don't care about the attention whatever.
Speaker 6: Wow, market research apparently it makes an impact.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 6: So okay, so wait, why did you just tell him that you were the app owner?
Speaker 14: Well, to be honest, I go on a lot of dates, and I mean eventually I would tell people what the deal is, but also it would be a little creepy. I would think. In the beginning, we're.
Speaker 4: Trying to help him figure out what's the reason that you're not going out again? That's what he's confused about.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay?
Speaker 4: Is it so many men? Just so many men you can't choose one?
Speaker 14: No, No, that is not the reason. So as an admin, I can tell that he's been messaging other women and when we are on a date and talking he told me in conversation that it was just him and I talking.
Speaker 6: That feels like invasion of privacy.
Speaker 18: Listen when you check off on the agreement, I mean it says any co founder or manager can monitor your account in your activity, So well, am I.
Speaker 13: Right to do that?
Speaker 4: That's crazy and it.
Speaker 14: Just proves that men are pigs?
Speaker 4: Oh weirder, Anthony, what do you think about hearing all that?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 12: Hi, Lisa?
Speaker 4: Uh, I forgot to tell you, Lisa, it's down way, way deep in our agreement. When you come on the phone listening, Okay, you're super chill.
Speaker 10: I'm a little shocked, but I totally understand like that you can that why you had to put that in your profile.
Speaker 6: Anthony, feels like the last time you were on the show, like you just agree with women no matter what they do to you. If woman's been light, she like invaded your privacy and you're just chill still.
Speaker 10: So wait a second. You could actually go into my app and see all the messages, like everything that I've ever written on there?
Speaker 14: Yes, I can.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I know Anthony's thinking of like three things.
Speaker 5: He said, I hope you keep a PG on their moody.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you know she cares.
Speaker 10: You can't see pictures, right, Yes, I can.
Speaker 4: Hope you can zoom in on him too.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you'll have to zoom in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do I doubt that? I doubt that.
Speaker 4: Let's go down a bad path.
Speaker 6: Does that mean that you weren't talking to anybody else either, because.
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, I'm talking to some people. Oh, I was honest about that. On the dates, he implied that I was the only person he was talking to you.
Speaker 5: But you wouldn't have cared if he.
Speaker 1: Said, but see that. Why why did you say that, Anthony?
Speaker 10: Well, you're the only person that I've met on the app that I actually like and respect.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't respect? You don't respect any other person you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Well, not good.
Speaker 10: I mean I came out wrong, but but there's the only one I have really found interested in, and I haven't met anybody like you, whether it was on the app or not.
Speaker 13: Well, I have.
Speaker 14: Your profile pulled up right now, and it looks like that you're trying to set up something with somebody named Clarissa.
Speaker 4: Oh, respect her, Lisa. You said a little bit jealous of that, even I don't.
Speaker 14: Know about jealous. But Look, I would have been totally kind if he had said, yeah, I'm talking to other people too. I get it. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 10: I'm blocking I'm blocking Clarissa right now.
Speaker 6: Wow, it just sounds like you need to be truthful about everything.
Speaker 1: Another app.
Speaker 4: Definitely, something is happening here for sure, and it feels good. It does feel good. And I'd like to offer to send you guys out on another date that we will pay for once once.
Speaker 10: Again, can I just reiterate that I'm serious. You are the only one I've taken serious that I've met on there, and I'm really hoping that you're going to.
Speaker 1: Say yes, that's cute.
Speaker 14: Well, that's very sweet, Anthony, I appreciate that. Yeah, I mean I'm a yes, I would say yes, start over, fresh slate, start from the beginning. Now that everything's on the table, we start over.
Speaker 4: Okay, And we also have fourteen other guys who want to know if you'll go out with them. What would you like to say to them?
Speaker 14: Well, I mean, if I'm being honest, I am still talking to other guys. Fourteen's on the most side for me.
Speaker 4: But how many of those guys do you respect?
Speaker 8: All Right?
Speaker 4: Well, more research with the second day on our bill, we're going to pay for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, good before you go.
Speaker 7: Can you force matches because there's a couple of girls that aren't responding to me that I'm.
Speaker 1: Wondering to help me out a little. That's creepy.
Speaker 4: That's a hard no, Jeffrey in the morning. You know, the thing that I'm coming to terms with is we just have to get it through our heads that people lie on dates. Yes, it can be small, little white lies or big giant ones, but people do it all the time, whether it's to make them look better or for whatever reason, and.
Speaker 6: We don't all have the access to fact check them like she did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, and it's not so much if you lie, it's what you lie about that's really important. She lied about what her job was out of boredom from all the dates that she goes on. He lied saying that she was the only girl that he was talking to on the dating app, and she found out that was untrue.
Speaker 1: Why would he even offer it up, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Just don't know. It sounds like one of those nice lies that you tell someone that they're the only one that you like, or it's.
Speaker 6: Like I never do this when you know that that person always does.
Speaker 4: It, you're really good at it. Yeah, but I do you feel like society has really progressed because they were both totally okay with each other's lies.
Speaker 1: In the end, well, you put each other out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how lies work. Yes, yes, no matter what, no lie. You can always email the show for help. We're willing to call that person who wasn't calling you back. It's Brook and.
Speaker 8: Jeffrey in the Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 4: Laser Stories in just a few minutes. But first, Jose is our resident gamer on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah games.
Speaker 4: You follow him at hilarious Jose on Twitch, Thank you, And I think he'd be interested in what the Red Cross is doing right now. They're gaming, Well, they just introduced a new play by the Rules initiative. What's and what they're doing is they're asking players of first person shooter games to please respect the real world's rules of war while they play.
Speaker 7: Well, you can't say that like call of duty, that's anyway that includes not targeting non violent characters.
Speaker 5: They don't shoot you first, you can't.
Speaker 4: These are the non violent, nonviolent.
Speaker 1: Like a pedestrian in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, part of the fun is running over people on the sidewalk.
Speaker 4: Same thing with civilian buildings. Don't destroy him. Even sharing med kits with injured enemies. Yeah, because that's what you do in real war. Those are like the rules of war. And when you think of like kindness and respect, you definitely think gamers.
Speaker 5: For its not the most toxic people.
Speaker 1: If it was real war, everybody would lose. Yeah, how war work.
Speaker 5: You'd play the game one time?
Speaker 4: Well, that that was one they make you write the letters to the families of the decease.
Speaker 6: I mean honestly, you would go from like gaming to just like therapy gaming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was real reality therapy.
Speaker 4: But the Red Cross really released a statement saying, quote, we want gamers to learn about the importance and real life meaning of the Geneva Convention without spoiling the fun of the game.
Speaker 6: The game is you can do so you would never do in Really, why do they make the Geneva Convention the next like you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Geva Convention, that's what you want them to do.
Speaker 5: I want a peace streak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just connected.
Speaker 5: Two countries now they're all in peace.
Speaker 1: What committee are you on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have your own colors and everything.
Speaker 4: It's like, it's a pretty reasonable ask, so respect the rules of war. All the gamers out there.
Speaker 1: We get their message.
Speaker 4: Also, laser stories coming out.
Speaker 5: Right after this.
Speaker 6: It's like, every day I find another reason to love the Washington Potato Commission and Washington Potato growers because our potato growers are committed to sustainable farming practices to grow spuds for generations to come.
Speaker 1: You hear that, kids, You got spuds for life.
Speaker 6: And it means so much that ninety nine percent of Washington potato farms are family run. These growers are environmentalists at their core, and they want their crops and feels healthy for their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids. You get it, all those little tater tots out there. Farmers rely on cost effective, reliable energy like hydropower for harvesting and processing potatoes. Oh By using GPS trackers while fertilizing and more energy efficient farming equipment, they're using less diesel and releasing less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Go to potatoes dot com slash farm Families to learn more about their sustainable farming practices.
Speaker 4: It's the radio segment that teamed up with Hines to create a new condiment, Chunky Ketchup. It's an entire bottle filled with those dry hardened ketchup chunks. That's perfect using that old hot dog that's been sitting in your fridge for the last three weeks.
Speaker 1: Three weeks, it's still good.
Speaker 4: Savor the Flavor Laser story the segment where we read weird news stories around the glove, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser that a crump o lumpas just don't. This first laser story is out of our favorite place. Last week, police pulled over a thirty four year old guy named Daniel Barrera for driving with a revoked license. As they approached, they looked inside his car and no one else was in, just Daniel, but they did see a rather large clear bag that was filled with powder.
Speaker 1: Keep it, keep it right next to you.
Speaker 5: When is it? You're like, no, this is baking so for my grandma.
Speaker 4: Well, the cops asked them about it, and that's when Daniel said it was chili powder that his family sent to him from Guatemala, and if the cops didn't believe him, they were free to test it.
Speaker 1: Guatemala and chili powder white white chili's.
Speaker 6: Huh it sounds like the seasoning the Lexis's family.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's just really.
Speaker 4: As the officers brought over the testing kit, Daniel told them they were going to look so dumb after they realized it's not what they think it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: After a few minutes of a quick field test, the results came back and it was just like Daniel said, no one heroin. Yeah is that what he said? Yeah, Okay, it's different than what he said, but it's still pretty close.
Speaker 6: I like that he just kept kept with a lie because if at some point maybe he could convince him before the test.
Speaker 5: If I'm confident enough.
Speaker 4: There was almost thirty grams of it, which is all why.
Speaker 1: That's what Grandma's been putting in chili this whole time.
Speaker 4: After Ramm say, the color was a big tip off. Usually chili powder isn't a distinct shade of pure white yellow. So Daniel was charged with driving with a revoked license, narcotics trafficking, and this could also trigger a probation violation from a previous DUI conviction. Not a great day for him or his family, which is probably still waiting for the chili powder for be delivered. This next laser story is out of tech town. You want a new electric car for only eleven thousand dollars, Yeah, all you have to do is put it together yourself. A new manufacturer from Sweden has created essentially the Ikea Swedish car. What I'm serious. The company is called Lovely l u v l Y. They're trying to stand out for their emission free tiny cars, so they've created this system very much like Ikea, where the cars are manufactured in pieces before being sent to their destinations.
Speaker 11: All think about is the fight I would get in with my husband trying to put that thing together.
Speaker 5: I can just see alexis like car slowly.
Speaker 1: Falling apart, so many steps.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this doesn't really need nailed.
Speaker 11: It's your brain required.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's a picture of what it looks like when it's fully assembled.
Speaker 1: Oh it's cute.
Speaker 4: It very clean looking.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little European go kart.
Speaker 4: The vehicle you'd receive is specifically for urban use because it's so small. It only weighs eight hundred and forty pounds and fits two people, but the trunk is a good size. It can reach up to fifty five miles per hour now.
Speaker 1: When we're done putting it together, yea.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And if you were worried about putting it together like a whole car using just an Alan wrench, you can take a deep breath. As the company says, it'll have different regional factories that will assemble them just to make sure the front end doesn't fall off on the road because you forgot to tighten a nut all the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, secure of the importance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know, even the even the factory is like, why did it come with three extra screws?
Speaker 1: Are these?
Speaker 4: The company is taking pre orders now with a starting price of eleven grand. Wow, So build your own car today. This next lays of stories out of the afterlife.
Speaker 1: Have we been there before? I hope not.
Speaker 4: Have you ever thought about what you'd like done with your remains when you're gone?
Speaker 5: Yes, sprinkle me all over all my favorite sporting arenas.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of into the new composting idea. Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure a lot of people like scattering them, like along the landscape of the Serengetti or in the Chick fil A drive through window. Yeah, here's your tip.
Speaker 5: The guys, where was that?
Speaker 4: That's the question? A Reason survey asked how would people like to be disposed of once it's all over. Okay, I'm going to be on the field for all my favorite sporting Well, they had more than two dozen choices available. The most popular one was being cremated and having your ashes scattered somewhere out in nature.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which you're supposed to get a permit. Actually, I think to scatter the ashes. Oh yeah, you're supposed to like get it, like you have to pay. Yeah, I mean I don't think that human bodies.
Speaker 1: Are like very good for the environment or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know, totally natural.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know all the details.
Speaker 4: The second most popular was having your organs and tissues donated.
Speaker 19: Oh for sure, I hope you do that before you get cremated, followed by being buried under a tree, having a traditional burial underground in a coffin, and having your entire body donated to science.
Speaker 4: But here's the most interesting one. This is the first year this has been in the top ten, but a lot of people are now saying they'd be cool with a Viking funeral.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say that. I thought I was original.
Speaker 12: I'm not like that.
Speaker 4: That's when your body gets sent out into the water on a boat and then someone on the shore sets the whole thing on fire with a flaming era.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you these peop learned to the drama.
Speaker 4: And it sounds like it could be a pretty good business opportunity for any young, hungry entrepreneurs out there. Yeah, I start a biking funeral business.
Speaker 1: It sounds perfectly legal.
Speaker 4: His next lazer story is out of the space race. Finally, the people at NASA are using their time to research something important. Oh what they got way more important than the Moon or Jupiter or that asteroid that's going to crash on the Earth and only Ben Affleck can stop it. NASA decided to study how long our naps should be.
Speaker 5: Oh mess with my naps?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: Is it twenty to thirty minutes?
Speaker 4: They found the perfect length for a nap is Alf Brooke was right on at twenty six minutes long es.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I do my coffee naps. They are game changer. If you want to do a good nap, look up Google search coffee nap.
Speaker 4: Well, NASA says, when you nap for that exact amount twenty six minutes, you'll be fifty four percent more alert, and thirty four percent better at whatever.
Speaker 5: You do next.
Speaker 1: I feel like a new person after It's like second day. I love second game.
Speaker 7: I'm always still tired, and I'm like, man, I can't wait to go to real bed in a few hours.
Speaker 4: The reason why is at twenty six minutes, you're only going through the first two stages of sleep. You're not entering the other deeper ones, which can make you feel groggy or feel even worse when you wake up. It makes sense everyone listening. If you got that brain fog going on this morning and you need to pick me up, you basically have three choices. Number one, Daniel's white chili powder.
Speaker 1: That's not a good choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an option number two, solid twenty six minute power nap. Or option three. What this guy's doing? Yeah, I know it's radio, but if you could see him right now, he's removed his shell and he's doing sit ups all in the news that sounds there. The stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Friday, back once again. For some healthy competition is Natasha from Bremerton, who is zero to two against you all time. She works as a male carrier carrying men around wherever they.
Speaker 6: Want to go.
Speaker 1: Use your legs.
Speaker 12: No, so you mentioned that before.
Speaker 13: I am a rural carrier, so I drive around.
Speaker 1: The men around.
Speaker 6: Okay, crazy, I've got so many backseat instructions, but.
Speaker 4: We're happy to have you back, Natasha. And you told our producer your strategy this time to win is to think about the questions before you answer that, which is interesting. A lot of people tend to go for speed, get as many questions as possible, but you're probably gonna get one or two in. Just really think hard about each one. Deep philossal, a full breakdown.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I'm giving to Google this week.
Speaker 4: Second, it's probably in the rules you can't do that, but I don't even know if we have rules. So no rules here. Set presenting brook out of the studio. And while that happens, Natasha, obviously you know how the game's played. Thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know, and you can say pass. But you got a beat brook out right to win.
Speaker 12: You ready, I'm ready, let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's getting that win. Calling your time starts now. On this day in nineteen forty one, the Chicago Cubs became the first team with what musical instrument in their stadium?
Speaker 12: Cuba?
Speaker 4: George Washington was born in what present day state.
Speaker 12: Virginia?
Speaker 4: What car manufacturer makes the expedition Ford name the state that averages the most tornadoes per year?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: What year in the twenty tens was the dating app Tinder released?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 12: Two?
Speaker 9: None at all?
Speaker 4: Too much thinking on that last time. Let's bring Brook back into the studio and Natasha. I don't know if we talked about this last time, but it says here you have two kids aged seventeen and eleven.
Speaker 10: Yeah, do you have any.
Speaker 4: Advice for Brooke on how to raise hers the right way because she has some younger ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'll take any advice, advice.
Speaker 4: On what you should or maybe what you shouldn't do, honestly, just be real with them, be honest.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I feel like that's not been good so far, but that's what I've been doing.
Speaker 4: You're a huge disappointment. Yeah me.
Speaker 5: Do you know how much you frustrate Mommy?
Speaker 6: I think sometimes I'm too honest where I'm like, well, maybe we shouldn't repeat that to other people.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, controversial?
Speaker 12: Alright, my daughter has quick comebacks. I'm like, Oh, you're definitely me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 5: I feel that yourself.
Speaker 4: All right, brook it's your turn. You're ready.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Starts now. On this day in nineteen forty one, the Chicago Cubs became the first team with what musical instrument in their stadium?
Speaker 1: Oregon?
Speaker 4: George Washington was born in what present day.
Speaker 1: State, uh, Virginia.
Speaker 4: What car manufacturer makes the expedition Ford Name the state that averages the most tornadoes per year?
Speaker 1: Oklahoma?
Speaker 4: What year in the twenty tens was the dating app Tinder?
Speaker 1: Released twenty sixteen?
Speaker 4: I Made My Family Disappear is a classic line from what Christmas movie Home Alone? Ooh, them's the answers, and we're gonna go over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with jose WHOA. Somebody had a big paste of Grouchy pie this morning.
Speaker 5: That's Brooks kids talking to her. Natasha, you got three corrects.
Speaker 4: Word, that's showing up. Well done and.
Speaker 5: Brook Yeah, an nextra question and a little more speed and.
Speaker 8: Four lay.
Speaker 4: Let's get these answers in for everyone. On this day in nineteen forty one, the Chicago Cubs became the first team to have an organ in their stadium. I wish it was a tuba though, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Take me after the ballgame with a tuba coming to the plane.
Speaker 4: I love that she should be the new commissioner.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: George Washington was born in Virginia. The expedition is made by Ford. Most tornadoes occur in Texas per year one hundred and fifty one tornadoes per year. Kansas is second with ninety one. Tinder was released in twenty twelve, and I made my family disappear as a classic line from Home Alone.
Speaker 6: Tindersman Around is twenty twelve. Yeah, it's eleven.
Speaker 5: Year old and I still can't get a match.
Speaker 1: Brooke.
Speaker 5: Wait to bring it up.
Speaker 4: Now, Natasha, unfortunately can't give you any money here, but just for playing you do win a fifty dollars gift card to the Nisqually Red Wind Casino, River Water Bar and grill your escape from the ordinary only at the Nisqually Redwind Casino. You're vip here.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome. Don't be sad. You can come back and play again.
Speaker 14: I'll call it here for the fourth time.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, all right, that's right, that's what they say fourth times to charm.
Speaker 5: You're gonna win one of these times, right, Good.
Speaker 6: Luck with all those males Natas for playing.
Speaker 4: We'll be back to do Windbrooks Block same time
Speaker 8: Tomorrow Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.