Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you, and that's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: I'm Jenna, I'm still Kevin.
Speaker 3: Today we have a very special guest.
Speaker 2: Well, what would happened if you were like this guest isn't special? Today? We have a guest. No, we have a regular guest.
Speaker 3: But he is the king of He's in the King of laughs and the King of impressions and the king of.
Speaker 1: Just a wonderful human being.
Speaker 3: And he was just a hoot on set.
Speaker 2: So he's the Glee puppy dog. He was brother to everyone.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I call him a golden retriever. Yes, cord Over Street, everybody enjoy Welcome cord Over Street. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, It's good to see you.
Speaker 2: We couldn't we couldn't do. Season two, would not bring Cord on. The only reason why season two was needed was because we needed to meet Cord.
Speaker 4: What's up Season two? Listeners?
Speaker 2: The only year for you. You come from like country songwriting royalty, which is why you're it's just send your blood. You're an incredible songwriter. You're the biggest fan. But how why did you start acting, Like, what the hell happened?
Speaker 5: I always like, I always done acting, and I kind of was steering away from music because my brother did.
Speaker 4: It, my dad did it.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to figure out what my my own identity was. And then once I kind of picked it up full time, I couldn't put it down.
Speaker 1: So when you got the audition for Glee, did you know about it? Had you watched it?
Speaker 3: Like? Where what was going on in your life?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, I really hadn't.
Speaker 5: I got the audition and I, uh, my agent got me all of like the first season, and so I watched it. You know, I watched it before I started acting working on the show, so I didn't had some sort of reference.
Speaker 1: Did you know what character you were auditioning for at the time?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: My agent hit me up like, hey, can you go into Robert Orrich's casting office like thirty minutes and I was like, sure, can I bring my guitar? And I didn't have any songs that I didn't I didn't have any covers that I knew, So I just sang a song that I wrote, said so, and so I did my I did an original song in the audition, and then they had me go out and like, hey, can you get the sides for Finn in the pilot? And so I just auditioned with the with the pilot scene with him, and.
Speaker 2: Who wow, that's really crazy.
Speaker 3: So you really didn't know who you were auditioning for. You just were auditioning for the show.
Speaker 5: I had no idea, and it was like there was just said, like, you know, your new kid quarterback or whatever. And then I left the casting office and then I had I got a call from the casting office and they were like, hey, we sent somebody to kind of grab you and chase you down, and you already left, but can you come back and sing another song a cappella tonight? And so I ended up having to go back at like nine o'clock at night. And then and then I uh studio test, network test, and and then.
Speaker 4: I was in my first dancer selectew days later.
Speaker 3: At that point, did you did you audition with sides from like the show at that point then or did you still do the fin sides for the rest of your auditions?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you still did the pilot for his his his dialogue.
Speaker 1: And the pilot take a chance on me, But yeah, it was just it.
Speaker 4: Was just a cold. It was just a cold read.
Speaker 5: I mean they had me, uh, they they had me singing billionaire for sure, Like once I got once I got past the first uh going into like the testing stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's also crazy because when you came on, you technically, like contractually, you weren't a regular, right.
Speaker 4: I don't think that was a regular for probably five or six years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get to that because I don't think people know any of that stuff, like when it comes to the show.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of a lot of our main crew cast.
Speaker 3: We're guest stars, you know for a majority of the first few seasons and were there every day, which was completely sideways.
Speaker 5: Well, it was like the contracts that we signed were like something like I don't know, it's like after seven episodes, you know, they were like you become a regular and then.
Speaker 4: That I think I want to track.
Speaker 5: It, like the same contract that you guys signed the media Tarin or whoever. And then they just didn't exercise that.
Speaker 3: Oh they could exercise the option, and then they just didn't exercise the They're like we'll save the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which makes sense. I mean that's what I would do.
Speaker 2: Also, the guinea Pig because you were the first person to come into our oh yeah, tight knit group.
Speaker 5: Well, it was like you know, it was it was kind of like, you know, the first season crew is like kind of didn't know what the show is going to be.
Speaker 4: They're kind of going through the trenches together.
Speaker 5: So there's a lot of a lot of first shared experiences that me, not even really watching the show beforehand, had no idea of like how close everybody was, but it was it was one of those things to I kind of like, uh, it didn't feel like that foreign.
Speaker 4: For that long tour, I was like a part of the part of the crew.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: I remember they were like the new kids coming, He's shooting Billionaire today. Kevin was there and I was like, well, I'm coming early.
Speaker 1: I showed up early. I heard like the play.
Speaker 3: The play back of like but you know, like who is this kid?
Speaker 1: Do you remember your first day?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think I was pushing I haven't been a wheelchair or I was talking.
Speaker 4: With No, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It was a lot together.
Speaker 5: It was a scene with Kevin and Corey and it was like walking down the hall and I think it was like it was Corey trying to convince me to.
Speaker 4: Jump in the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was.
Speaker 5: Very intimidating because I think Brad Fauchek was directing, you know, but he was, you know, one of the creators and boss, and so it's like first day, it's like.
Speaker 4: It was very intimidating.
Speaker 5: And I was like because I was like I also was just coming from being replaced and recast, right, I had a little bit of that anxiety and the fear of like, gosh, and I had that anxiety for probably like five years, you know, we.
Speaker 2: All had a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: And then oh so like when I when I left, when I, uh left the first eight episodes of season three.
Speaker 2: Why was that.
Speaker 4: Don't have to get into all that and how it happened.
Speaker 5: But I came back as a stripper singing about a plastic cup Toby Keisa, and I was like, okay, yeah, this is this is like, this is my parole.
Speaker 2: We were happy to have you back. I remember, yeah, because you missed what eight episodes of season three or something like that.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, like the first eight or nine.
Speaker 2: I think a little you're on a little break.
Speaker 4: I was. I was dancing at Stallions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember we were filming something in the auditorium and then somebody got a text or something, or you texted one of us. I don't know how we found out, but we were all together in between like setups, like wait is this true? Is Cord coming back? And we were all just sort of gossiping amongst each other. We were all very excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder what that What was that? What was that like eight episode? What did you guys do for entertainment on the side when I was going.
Speaker 3: I don't know, honestly, I but also what did they write in the in the show that, like where did Sam go?
Speaker 4: I mean, I was homeless for a while, I was a stripper.
Speaker 1: I uh stop.
Speaker 5: I ended up I ended up finally getting to do a country song at the end of the whole series, and then before we ever get to do a country song it cuts out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I was like homeless and then I went to strip and then gosh, there's a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that even acknowledged it. You know, sometimes they're just like, let's just not even talk talk about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, and it's like, hey, look look at you.
Speaker 4: Where have you been?
Speaker 1: They had you with your your very naked a lot in the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like, for for like a few years, I was just pretty much eating chicken and like great greens.
Speaker 4: And then of course that like eight that eight episode.
Speaker 5: Window where I had myself a little vacation. I was eating you know, cheeseburgers, drinking beers, and my buddies like having just having a great old time, and then like like, hey, uh, we want you in next week as stripper, Like I'm not in, so I had to go into like I was working out like three times a day, just trying to do anything I could do.
Speaker 4: To offset my don't.
Speaker 2: Like talking to himself, like avoiding the crafty room, like touching his abs and be like okay, they here, are they still here? Are they coming in?
Speaker 1: Because it just to be naked a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely.
Speaker 5: Makes you very like conscious of your body and body image stuff. Especially It's like when you watch what are you watching yourself? Like a week later on screen, you're like, oh, man, I could have I could have done with a couple a couple of more crunches.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: And we were so young and and like we could structure it at the time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean, there was the one episode where I was in Lady Like Lady Gaga like expandex singing applause, shirtless with like yeah, like ten foot wings.
Speaker 2: On That's right, it looked great.
Speaker 1: It's like a cage on stage.
Speaker 4: Right. Those images just don't they.
Speaker 6: Don't go off, and they never really and never leave your brain, like Cord being ripped to the gods and these giant wings and I would be in some literally like a gigantic pillow case.
Speaker 4: Cloud cloud face paint on it.
Speaker 2: I have already opposite and Darren has this.
Speaker 4: Long wig fabio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: I have photos of all these these outfits and they're ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Don't you still have the Rocky horror pants?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I had.
Speaker 5: I did a like a swoof video for my friend Crystal for her birthday, and we did the Robin Thick song.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Instead of like I always Knew you were a cool girl, we changed it to I always Knew you were a cougar. So we had I have Tanner shirtless wearing Michael with shorts and the video.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, wow, I remember Cord when you first came out the show, and like you and I were walking.
Speaker 2: Down the Hallway and you were like yeah, man, like this is crazy, and you were so excited and like talking about what it was going to be, and like later that day on set like cool. I just remember Mark and Corey and I like messing with you more so than than me. It was sort of like a hazing where like it was, you know later on in the show when like Zach Woodley told Damian McGinty, he's like, well, you're on the show for six months and you're gay. You turned gay. He's like wait, what, Like, well, yeah, everyone's gay. And I remember Cord. It's like, well, Cord, you're gonna have to I'm pretty.
Speaker 5: Sure that that was a up in the air topic.
Speaker 2: I think that's why we were talking about it. You didn't know if you Sam was going to be Kurt's boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Well no, like so so that's what Mark is saying.
Speaker 5: He's like, oh, yeah, I know they because you know he obviously you know, coming from the South, like you know, there's there's there's not a lot of I haven't really seen a gay.
Speaker 4: Person in person. Yeah, just like heard they existed.
Speaker 2: You know, you told me that when you got there, Like you were always so open and honest about it and not judgmental or prejudice. I was like, Oh, you're gonna be a lot of gay people here.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make a difference to me.
Speaker 1: Right, what about your reunion with miss Lindsay Lohan?
Speaker 3: Congrats on your awesome movie and your awesome TV show. Tell us about your did she like, did you ever say, like remember being ungry or did you just like not talk about it.
Speaker 4: Kind of like.
Speaker 5: Mentioned she she mentioned it a little bit and she didn't have the best experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think it was no time.
Speaker 5: No, I think she just wasn't aware that she was going to be sitting next to president. She kind of got she kind of got blindsided by that. And then I think at the time, I think at the time, uh, you know, he wasn't the nicest to other people.
Speaker 2: No, definitely would be too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that, but that we didn't really I didn't really meet her when she did our show. I mean, I think I was there that day, but it was like, you know, their stuff.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, we were never around them, wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't them.
Speaker 5: But she was really sweet, really cool, and we had a we had a great time in Park City, we got to live in Park City like two two and a half months, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, congrats on your season three pickup of Akaboco's.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's so exciting, the most successful lot of all of us. But tell me about being a series regular on another comedy after Doingley.
Speaker 5: You know, it's different because there's a huge there's like a you know, there obviously a language barrier, and like most of the people in our our show Fluid Fluids in Spanish and I'm not. So it's like very it's a it's a definite learning experience. Like I'm learning a lot constantly about different cultures and trying to learn as much.
Speaker 4: Spanish as I can.
Speaker 5: And you know, in between, yeah, I think working on on on Glee kind it kind of was like boot camp and conditioned you for real, really, I mean it makes a half.
Speaker 4: Hour comedy just just seeing like a breeze.
Speaker 5: You're not doing you know, you're not doing music's numbers, You're not you're not going to dance rehearsals or the studio on your lunch breaks, and like like when you think about like how much of a grind it was for those six seasons, Like it was NonStop, Like I didn't realize. You don't realize what you're capable until you get like thrown into the machine and you go through it. But like you're kind of like you know, throwing the baby in the pool and figuring out how to swell. It was great training me because I feel like the next jobs that I've done have felt like a kind of a cakewalk.
Speaker 4: You know, once you tackled all this.
Speaker 5: Stuff that we all went through workload, and then throw all the emotions and crazy you.
Speaker 4: Know ship on top of that.
Speaker 1: It's like, right, that's so nice. That sounds so great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get I get to goof off and make make people laugh and hang out in Mexico for three months.
Speaker 2: So you're also so good. Like when we would do some of the more ridiculous comedic things Ugly and you had some crazy ass things. I just always remember thinking like I don't think you knows how funny he is, Like I don't know how like as a comedic actor, you.
Speaker 4: Just just just trying to make you know, lemonade here man, But you're.
Speaker 2: Like naturally gifted at it.
Speaker 4: But so are you.
Speaker 5: There's like so many like there were so many like moments that kind of came from us just messing around. Like you go back and watch now and you're like, oh, this is definitely not scripted.
Speaker 4: This is really just like us messing around and funny. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just like obsessed with comedies growing up, Like Jim Carrey is probably my all time favorite, and so like, I just love how had his ability.
Speaker 4: To just go absolutely apesient, big and just be like.
Speaker 5: Just be such a character. But he's so he's so genuinely convincing, so it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Seem Yeah, it doesn't seem like fake.
Speaker 5: Like you go back and watch aston sure like that is just a character that he's just making up, and like it's just one of those things where like there is no hesitation to his commitment on this.
Speaker 4: And that's what I love about Like that I would.
Speaker 3: Put you in that lane though, I would definitely as a comedian like you you pushed to like extremes in a way, it's still like.
Speaker 5: It I was just always like trying to see like how far I could how far I could take. It's just just just to see like definitely like class clowne uh kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now you're really good impressions. When did you figure and most people know that who are listening to.
Speaker 1: This, but like, when did you figure out that you were good at an impression?
Speaker 5: It started with like I was like eight years old, and it started with like Bill Club.
Speaker 4: It was one that you know or maybe.
Speaker 2: The only eight year old built impersonation.
Speaker 5: But you know, it was just like the whole sex scandal was going on and he clearly, he clearly had had sex with this woman.
Speaker 1: Real chords, Like I know he was like, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: He did it. But like there's a bunch of comedians there.
Speaker 5: They're like people in SNL and stuff at the time that we're always doing the Bill Clint impression was like, uh, do not have sexual licens? Well no, it's just like started like so can eight year old just being like I don't think.
Speaker 1: You uh.
Speaker 4: Tell me, I'm live?
Speaker 2: How did you get your impressions worked into I know, things we did on set all the time. You know, Ryan and braden Ian would hear and like throw into the show. But how did your impressions getting worked into the show happen?
Speaker 4: You know, I just wouldn't shut up and I was just annoying that Jesus out of the people that.
Speaker 3: Kevin and I are both really good at impressions, really good.
Speaker 4: That's what What's what's your go Togevin?
Speaker 2: My go to is calling you and having you do one for me.
Speaker 4: We're we're so.
Speaker 2: A fan and I admire people who can do them because I cannot. And just like I would call Leah to do her bad singing for me, I remember like calling you every now and they'll be like, can you just say this? That's critic And I love to catch if you can. And sometimes in the choir room, I just hear behind me two mice.
Speaker 4: I could cream.
Speaker 5: The first mouse wow, miss mouse smooth, and the second mouse wow.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite ones.
Speaker 4: Remember that, you know? You know what? Actually, so one of my buddies is.
Speaker 5: He was doing the he was like doing the musical directing for the Jones Brothers there, remember this tour.
Speaker 4: And I used to always do by Matthew McConaughey for for Joe and Round.
Speaker 5: And uh so my friend was like, Hey, I'm Matthews doing the intro for there when he walks on stage. But I you know, I'm trying to do all of the design everything. Can you you know, read this funt as Matthew McConaughey, so I can build this challenge around it, like an intro for the thing. I was like, sure, So I did by Matthew McConaughey, where I was just like, what is memory?
Speaker 4: Is it only something that sense?
Speaker 5: This can captured you and you alone, your favorite band, well friends, you.
Speaker 4: Are going to want to them and and so I And they.
Speaker 5: Sent it to matt to obviously because he was like a template for him to kind of definitely for sure.
Speaker 3: You're the demo from that.
Speaker 2: That's probable.
Speaker 5: It's like those it's like those Morgan Freeman and personals that do all those MasterCard ads.
Speaker 1: Oh they yes, they try to get the sound.
Speaker 2: The sound like every voiceover sounds like someone who's vaguely like but like.
Speaker 5: Morgan Freeman has a guy that does his voice that for those for his ads and stuff, like it's a real thing. What so he like actually he does the Morgan Freeman. Yeah, everything else is master.
Speaker 2: Use all day or.
Speaker 1: You're you're not Biff Marty Marty McFly.
Speaker 4: My voice is a little worse right now. Five.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I think I think that that needs work, But I guess I can entertain myself for hours. Unfortunately, I think that you know, those people that know me really well are it's just like dude, oh yeah, we get it.
Speaker 4: You could sound like.
Speaker 2: Somebody No it's no, no, no. If you need to workshop and you just call us.
Speaker 3: I was like being on set all the time, Cord would just like, let me try one out on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me try out.
Speaker 5: They would have they would have all of a sudden read a script and it would be like, oh, Nicholas Cage impression.
Speaker 4: Like I don't think you guys know how impressions work. You don't just like wait up, like how I can.
Speaker 2: And I had like especially because we got it so last minute.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. And so like I'm literally like the night before my am I doing Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 4: I like watching all these clips you know when he does that, Like I'm like I'm in my room alone doing that.
Speaker 8: So like on the day all right, running through the scene and it's like I'm doing a Nigola's cage just randomly in the choir room, just jumps into Niggla's cage and then I'm jumping into a Justin Bieber song.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Speaking of which, are we going on tour cord.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right for all of you, justin Bieber experience fans out there.
Speaker 2: There's at least five there's at least.
Speaker 5: Ten songs where could probably cover and do a little record and then you know, tour around the country. I mean me and Kevin were actually talking about getting the band back together. It's honestly not a bad idea because there's so many more great songs that.
Speaker 4: Have come out. That's right, believers.
Speaker 1: Since yes, so they still call themselves the believers, is that it believers?
Speaker 4: I think I just need somebody.
Speaker 3: Didn't Ryan say it was supposed to be something and he didn't get approved?
Speaker 2: Yes, this was the tailor swe did you know that chord?
Speaker 4: No, that was a different episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, he told us maybe he's complaint. He told us that was very manelow.
Speaker 5: I had so I had gotten the template of Uh.
Speaker 4: I think it was Joe.
Speaker 5: I think that was the song I was supposed to sing because I got the demo for it, and then I think it got cleared and then I texted Taylor and I was like, hey, I was like, I was like, I was like, uh, I think I'm seeing I'm thinking I'm seeing like trouble on this next week's episode, and then it immediately changed the Grayville.
Speaker 4: Like and like because I figured she would just know.
Speaker 5: And so I think that might be why it didn't get It might have gotten unclear because she maybe she wasn't aware of it at the time.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you ever pay any of your original songs to Ryan?
Speaker 4: Uh? Maybe probably, I don't know. I think so. I probably send him an email, And I don't think I think it was cricks.
Speaker 1: We didn't do a lot of original songs to be there, So I just I.
Speaker 4: Think Darren did one.
Speaker 1: One of her original.
Speaker 2: Songs, remember that. Nope, no crickods.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'm so glad that, Like, I mean, it would have been really cool to have one of my songs I'd written on the show. But I also feel like not like forcing my you know, my music down people's throats.
Speaker 1: You don't have to force it down people's.
Speaker 4: No, But like, when I'm.
Speaker 5: Looking at it now, it's like the type of music that I was writing and making, and it wasn't necessarily it was it wasn't necessarily in with like the pop.
Speaker 4: Mature of the show. And then also.
Speaker 5: I look back now on some of the earlier music I was sending out, like you know, to the powers that be, was not in the in the lane of where I ended up going creatively, and it was very it was very young and premature, and it was I'm glad it never saw the why to day.
Speaker 2: It was still good though, Gordy.
Speaker 4: But somewhere on a hard drive there's there's like there's there's twenty twenty ten me singing really high, and.
Speaker 2: I think I have some of them. You send me stuff. I don't know if it was from twenty ten, but like, what do you think of this? And I loved it. Everyone would send me their demos.
Speaker 5: Yes, Kevin had some pretty pretty great demos back in the day too.
Speaker 4: I remember your plays and stuff. It was just like it sounds like Stevie.
Speaker 2: Wonder, it's weird about girls, such a liar, Kevin. I remember I played and he's like he looked at me. I'm like, I know I'm saying about girls.
Speaker 5: I let's let's let's let's switch switch switch around and put you in the hot seat.
Speaker 4: Is that weird singing about girls back then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just I think because I came from like the music business and had no intention of ever, like I didn't think it was an option of sort of coming out publicly that I was like, oh, yeah, I'll just keep doing this. It's fine, but yeah, let me just find some inspiration. But I do think that's why the music probably also wasn't great because I think I was definitely like, you can't go into a session, you know, you go to a recording session and it's part therapy, and so I clearly was withholding most of myself with these people and I was doing it was once summer, I had a session I think almost every single day to two and a half months, and you get in that rhythm, yeah, and I was like, yeah, what if we just talk about like we don't say a pronoun in this song.
Speaker 5: It's I hadn't really thought about that, but like it's so it's such a you're still right because when you think about it, like it is a therapy session and if you're not being real and you don't believe what you're saying, or it's just like the audience is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And yeah, it definitely was a learning and I had also never been thrown into an experience like that where you're just thrown into different writers every single day and different producers where none of it felt organic or anything like that. And all these people were so talented, and you've been so many seconds and people can just spit out melodies and lyrics. I was like, well, I don't. I don't feel anything for any of this. But that was on me My the A and R at Columbia. The first time we met, he was like, so, do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend? I don't know, And I could like, are you asking? I could have just been like yes, and that would have changed everything from the very beginning. He was like, no, no, no, no, no girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I don't have sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, celibate. I'm married to and Jenna.
Speaker 4: One of the one of the questions I get asked most of about our show is is he really in a wheelchair?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah all the time.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I hadn't really thought about that. Like a lot of people probably assume that you're actually you were actually a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, still still walk is the thing you can walk.
Speaker 2: When you came on the show, you had just gotten recast, which is a traumatic experience. You're thrown into this like juggernaut of a TV show, you're worried about getting fired, and by the time you come on, we got moved to an earlier time slot. We got bumped up an hour, which means like more viewers. Was at eight o'clock. Did you feel like a sudden impact on that, like in the streets with your family going back home to Tennessee, Like, did you know shift?
Speaker 4: I had a hard time going back in the abbey after that.
Speaker 2: Off limits.
Speaker 5: I mean, as bad as I wanted to go in there, because you know, there's so much fun. You get to see guys little little tiny shorts, you know, dancing like I mean we've been to Rocos several times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you know it's.
Speaker 2: Like yeah really with the Go Go Boys.
Speaker 5: No, but it was it was one of those things to where I had no idea the I really had no idea about the impact of the show because I it wasn't really something that was the types of stuff that I watched. Yeah, and so it was weird, like going back to Nashas just like because you were such a in a bubble and closed off too. We were working so much, you know, we didn't really see the outside world that much. So when I would go home for Christmas and I go to the mall and it was just like all of a sudden, like people losing their ship. And I'm like, it was really weird because it felt very normal, going you know, to and.
Speaker 4: From work and like hanging out with everybody else. I felt very like everybody was still fairly grounded.
Speaker 2: Does that make you more present now for like a Capolco like where you have a show that's like successful that you can maybe be more aware of the success while you're in it and in terms of like being grateful for it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I think, well, there's you know, being being young, really, I mean a lot younger, you don't really appreciate and take advantage of of what you have in front of you as much as you do, like looking back and having hindsight, you're like, Okay, well I know how hard I did work, and now having years after that, I know how hard I can work. Right. But yeah, it's it's it's definitely like it's great having that kind of like just data to kind of have your have appreciation.
Speaker 1: For you, I want a reference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's also you learned how those friendships last, like we made such great bonds and strong.
Speaker 5: Fels and it's like immediately we can not talk for like a year. Like it's like it's like we never missed a beat. Like I saw I hadn't seen I saw Amber at my friend in the morn's birthday.
Speaker 4: And I guess this last summer, but I hadn't really hung out with her. And then we I did a little like birthday thing.
Speaker 5: At a bowling alley and she swung she swung by it like you know, we're like doing shots and hanging out and like it was just like so good this year.
Speaker 4: It was just like it's like it's like running into family that you.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen it forever or before we let you go, we ask everybody what is uh, what is the feeling or word or sentiment that Glee left you with?
Speaker 2: The eye I wish you could see.
Speaker 4: What is the that it left me with?
Speaker 1: Ye overall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, any any anything doesn't have to be just one word.
Speaker 5: Just it's like it's like a blessing to be a part of anything that's like that has that can affect and have an impact on that man you know people from and also like dude, we were we were dealing with you know, stuff way before anybody else with like real issues like you know, kids, you know, being closeted or you know, trans conversations and all sorts of things. So you got to give it up to Ryan to for actually like you know, like having the balls to like talk about uncomfortable things instead of just you know, yeah, putting putting a billion Beaver songs on it, which are.
Speaker 3: Great, No, but he he We talk about like him doing the you know, it's like the balance of like the extreme and then like the grounding more like, yeah, trying to social issues that he.
Speaker 4: Would hit you try to like sneak and sneak in the medicine, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly which.
Speaker 4: Which which is? As a creative person, that's probably great ballsy, especially in that you watch TV back in like twenty ten, you're like, oh gosh, you couldnt get away with any of this stuff nowadays.
Speaker 3: Oh totally totally.
Speaker 1: Corny. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: We love you and we really appreciate you coming on and chatting with us, and good luck in Mexico.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much. I love you so much. I'm happy to come on and chat anytime. Kevin, Let's let's work on that experience.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, love you. Welcome.
Speaker 4: Hey, come come lay some sick vocals down at the studio.
Speaker 2: You know great, Yeah yeah, I'll just I'll be making some tracks while you're busy bringing home to Bacon in Mexico.
Speaker 4: I love it. You love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks corn all right, love you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.