Speaker 1: More than everybody's stej n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Gary Ohens joining us today. Yes, indeed, and we got a special guest in the building country Way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Man. Hey, I'm glad to be here and you here this time, this time. You don't never be here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I feel like y'all give me the other version, not the fourth version. Every time I take the version we got country Hey. Whatever y'all got, man, I appreciate it. Shop is on the way, man, talk to us about this new book. Oh man, it's my book about my arm. It's about my life, man, It's about me coming from that small country time.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about, Charla Maine, and.
Speaker 1: Just overcoming those obstacles of me having all those kids and coming from there to hear now man, just letting everybody know that they can do it. You know, help is on the way for everybody. You know, just got to listen to that little voice and you and you know, just a lot of lessons for everybody else, blessings. Just using my life experiences and applying to other people lives, let them know if I could come from Milling, Georgia. Wherever one read light, anybody could do it.
Speaker 2: Book. Yeah, it's a self help. It's a self help.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, to tell my story, so you know how like the forty Laws of Power, to tell the story and then it had a lesson there at the same time.
Speaker 2: How many kids you have? You said kids? Ten? You got ten kids? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Ten?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. You didn't know that, no, Jesus Christ. So how do you spread the time with all the kids? Because your daughter might have dance, your son might have baseball, your other daughter got cheerleading, your other son swimming seventeen to one. Yeah, yeah, But I spread the time because you know, like I say in the book, help us on the way you need to help. I found a way. Well, God gave me a way to the way my life set up. With social media. I'm able to film at home, so I'm able to make my money at home. So like my son, I got him an AU team. I took up all July. I ain't doing no shows. My daughter I got to go to her dance in June. But the way I make my money is always away for everybody. You know, my way was I don't got to be on the road or gone all the time. I make my money at my house, Like I feel, all my skits at my house, so you know, I'm able to be home a lot. So that that's how I balance it. I thank God for that. But yeah, so that YouTube, all the social media outlets, Oh for me, its Facebook.
Speaker 5: That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: I heard face Facebook.
Speaker 1: You know they got that audience that you know, got their social scurity chicks and all that.
Speaker 5: It is true. It's like an older audience.
Speaker 2: Yea audience.
Speaker 1: You know it's man they watch yeah, you know, they sitting home and they're chilling.
Speaker 2: So it's like they it's the aunt tease. So they got that. They going to see new addition.
Speaker 1: Concerts, fast taste it on concerts, so that fan base. So they got the money and but you two got the cloud. But it's money over there too. Yeah, you know I made money on both. But Facebook always been my go to.
Speaker 6: What made you want to go from comedian the memoir writer? How do you know you had a story to tell?
Speaker 1: Because man, the things I used to read books when I was in the streets. You know what I'm saying. Becoming Mellionaire God's way, Uh, you know forty Laws of Power Artists seduction. Was reading these books and uh, that's how you did it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the seduction, right, I love Rob Green.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So you know I felt like, man, I know my story worked because I've used it even in the streets. But I used when I used to go to banks with a five hundred credit score, I knew how to get that bank loan. You know, just these things and lessons. I just knew just from instincts. It worked for me even in the Comingy game when I first because I was one of the I was the first social media guy they let go in the clubs and get them deals. They wasn't letting us get the weekend deals, but I knew how to get in.
Speaker 2: It's just like so everything.
Speaker 4: It was the OG comedians like Gary Blocking, y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they was getting the deals, but they didn't trust so social media people because first of all, it was like, you know, we ain't paid our dues, and I understand where they were coming from, and we ain't learned the game yet. You know a lot of us ain't even have a set yet. So but I knew how to maneuver everything. And I was like man, and I talked people around me and it was working for them. So I was like, the world need to fill my game of how this don't work for me.
Speaker 2: Since kindergarten, Gary.
Speaker 4: Had the perception of the social media comedian changed.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 3: I don't like the whole paying your dues because then you're saying, how dare you try to make a living? That's how I look at it, like, just because they're the way they can be famous is different. It's better nowadays because when I started in the late nineties, we were at the mercy of the quote unquote machine. We had to help a producer from Comedy Central or a network put our stuff on there. These guys now they create their own fan base. They're creating their own lanes, So how can you be mad at it? I'm more like, learn from it, because at first I was like, so what, You're the first person I heard say you can make money off Facebook.
Speaker 5: I was like this, Oh, so let me bleep out the curse words.
Speaker 3: I'm not a sketch guy. I'm just not wired like that. But I own all my content, So for me to put stand up on there, I was like, oh, be clean.
Speaker 5: He's right.
Speaker 3: He did Basically he did what Tyler Perry did with the movies, because when TOPD the movies come out, they didn't they didn't account for those black, over thirty church going women that took the buses to the theater go see his movie. It's basically he's doing with social media, is what he's saying. Like he's he's taking into account that audience. So I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 4: You ain't got no choice.
Speaker 5: Well, it's enough for everybody one laying y'all down. I can be mad at it. I can be frustrating. You can't tell you in the feel talking about now.
Speaker 1: Gary always showed little I ain't gonna lie man, Me and Gey. It was a couple of them out there, but I was I didn't care. I was one of the ones. I was waiting for somebody to try me because, like I like Gary say, bro, we come on, man, we we come from it.
Speaker 2: Most of us. You know what I'm saying, black, no dispect gear. But you one of us. You know what I mean, but disrespect.
Speaker 4: We come from the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're making a living. I'm not.
Speaker 1: It was the population of your town growing up, man, like three thousand. Mine was seven thousand, so I'm like, man, somebody do Comedian Steve Brown called me. He was one of the ones I first started. Everybody had a problem with I called on the phone. Really don't play with me like that, Like, I don't play like that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We all trying to make a living, so I would have a problem with you that they box you out with You can't nah man, like they all online to my social media people, Man, it's an art man.
Speaker 2: Don't you messing with people money? It's people. I don't think good.
Speaker 1: But I'm never feeling get online and say nothing about no artists because I'm missing you know what I'm saying. That ain't my lane because some people eating and people got to feed kids and coming from the streets.
Speaker 2: You respect that.
Speaker 1: I at least I ain't selling dope. And I was selling dope the whole time. So I went from the stage, I mean, selling dope on the stage, and this day I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, don't play I don't. So many people you had to call like you might be cool now that you have to call him, be like, hey, Steve Brown.
Speaker 1: Steve Brown was Steve Brown was one of them. I called him to call somebody else you're.
Speaker 2: You about to go somebody now still to this day, nah Nah.
Speaker 1: It was like a couple of years ago. I was about to call somebody else. I was looking for his number, but another comedian, d Ray gave. He said, Wayne, I'm not feelinga let you do that. I called every comedian trying to get this certain comedian number, or Dray stopped you from doing. He' stopping from doing You know what I'm saying, it's the problem. How do you try to hate without saying his name?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 2: Because he was online he was.
Speaker 1: Like this when I was doing the skits on during the pandemic on Instagram and he was like, somebody said this certain comedian it's funny, and I blocked them. They say my skits are funny, say man, cause he put out quantity not quality. Ain't nobody dropping skits with Country Wayne. So he was like, I hope you ain't talking about Dasie Banks and Country Wayne. And then he was like, no, Deasic Bank's cool. I'm like, hold up, so I'm trying to call it broy Don't you ever just because I don't figure it out.
Speaker 2: And don't don't do that. Just asked me how to do it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean that just means somebody he knows said you was funny girl, if you.
Speaker 5: Got the pin. I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: I respect him more for people to say it my name. I don't like all the side stuff. Because you've got something to say, I respect it, But like, come on, man, I don't play with nobody. People got to feed their family and and I don't think a lot of people good in comedy, you know.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of it comes from just being the o G here is when they original Gary. When guys are doing it like for a long time and just having broken over that threshold of selling a good amount of tickets, I think a lot of it they get frustrated because now you got the younger guys, the social media guys, and they're selling more tickets to them. That's really what it comes down to. It's they're frustratings. I guarantee whoever was upset with you is not selling as many tickets as you because you're never upset.
Speaker 5: When you selling tickets, you ain't worry about nobody. That's the truth.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you something. You're getting this long game long enough. There's enough for everybody. Yes, you mean the same city as somebody. You're both selling tickets.
Speaker 5: Why be upset?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What did the first comedian said when you reached out to him? Did he understand and maybe he was just mad for something he didn't understand? Or did he keep going with it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I went to I went to the city and did the show and people came to see me and they were like, no, way, ain't funny. And then he was like, oh uh. He was like, yeah, man, I ain't had never seen you. So I just was like, well, don't don't judge me off everybody else because I came in with a store. You know, I was, I had already lived, so comedy came pretty fast for me because I had a lot to talk about. So they it would just put me with the a lot of other people, but don't put me with that.
Speaker 2: Man. Come see me for yourself.
Speaker 4: A lot of that is just jealousy in it. Yeah, man, that's literally.
Speaker 5: All it is.
Speaker 1: But man, I just feel like, man, you know, when nobody got time, nobody ain't got time for that. By all the OG's who who like Gary, who was already doing their thing, and Kevin Hart said, you entertainer. Everybody was showing love, but it was the ones that quite ain't been in the game a long time. And that's your fault because, like you said, if you're not selling tickets, you feel away. Because he felt like, yeah, I've been working for fifteen years and handcome country. Ain't it looks like he just did two skits and he sold out. You can't be playing with it game. It's come to in a lot of social media. People ain't gonna be there the end. But if you've been in there fifteen years and you ain't figured out something, it because you ain't.
Speaker 2: You've been you've been playing. It's part of it.
Speaker 1: Anything you do for fifteen years, it's gonna be what you did behind closed doors. Like they can hate on Kevin Hart all they want, but I tell everybody they be like Kevin Hart and their funny.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, everybody got to be real.
Speaker 1: That specially he dropped with all right, alright, alright, the way about Baker account set up. Everybody know that was one of the best classes in the last ten years.
Speaker 2: Everybody tried to know that special.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, bro, like somebody who get that far, it's something they doing behind closed doors, and it's work.
Speaker 4: Not even closed doors.
Speaker 6: It's something that he's doing on that on that stage that you may not connect with tens of millions everybody connected with that special.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they forget everybody remember that special. I was in the streets and I remember, Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: In the streets. My baby mama was she want my baby mom?
Speaker 1: The town sleep one, uh, the wonderful last.
Speaker 5: Whoa he closed his eyes.
Speaker 1: Man, But I remember that special because I'm sleep and she busting out laughing. I wasn't even on comingy like that, Like there was like twenty ten remember came to that special. She busts out laughing to my Oh my god, just going crazy. And I'm like, man, I woke up and said, man, was that specially that.
Speaker 2: For the last night?
Speaker 1: She was like yes, because they was all cat wing people, you know what I mean? She was like, no, that was They weren't even fans Kevin Heart, But that's special.
Speaker 2: Change the game.
Speaker 4: Wait until you see the next one.
Speaker 2: And Kep never changed.
Speaker 4: That's the next with CAV.
Speaker 2: He never changed. Kevin has always He's been the same keV when we first met him. I think Kevin know that too.
Speaker 1: When people say he ain't funny, I think he's so smart for me and him when I talked to him. People don't know how intelligence he is to get that far as in intelligence.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's so smart. He let people say that.
Speaker 1: But that special was it was the relatable material of you know, the way my bank set up his daddy going through the spelling deed. But that's the kind of stuff that works. No disrespect, but good song right still saying that now we still man, come on, man, number numbers of hating.
Speaker 4: Gary Kevin funny. What he's smart?
Speaker 5: I'm just listening, bro. He not Granted, I didn't think it was that good. He's put a little on it.
Speaker 3: I ain't saying nothing like that.
Speaker 5: To me, not all of them.
Speaker 2: But that's about that. That's that's specially right there. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You got a chapter in your book called the Player Life. Yeah, it's country way built for a relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm definitely built for relationship.
Speaker 4: How many at one time?
Speaker 1: I don't really built for a monogamous relationship, you know what I mean? It's just that, you know, I don't work on myself enough. I tell the woman got.
Speaker 2: To be ready.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because a lot of men, a lot of women think they're in a position, and I understand where they're coming from. But men work, certain men that work on themselfs too, and it's certain women. I just it got to be a certain woman who don't want the world, because I never I don't care about the world. So if we care about us, I'm ready to be in a relationship. And I've been in relationships all my life.
Speaker 5: Just confused me.
Speaker 2: This is my first time. It's my confusion. That's what the player. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think right now.
Speaker 1: The world but you so basically it's like, that's what keep thirty five now? So I want a relationship, Well, me and her, I don't care about nothing outside of this house, what people, what the world got going on? Care about you know us, and we go in the world and have our fun. But it's like, you know, I want that kind of relationship.
Speaker 2: But that's hard. That's hard nowadays.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, right now, there's women listening to this saying I don't want to hear this from the thirty five.
Speaker 4: Year old with ten kids.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel them, But you know, I had all the experience. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If a doctor, if a doctor working on me, I want a doctor to have experience. You know, your country, Country said said, Yo, you know, I just want to make sure what happens is in this. Don't be listening to what going on in social media. What's going on in this outside.
Speaker 4: We're trying to keep them confusing.
Speaker 2: You're confused.
Speaker 5: I just won't.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, you know how it is. Man, everybody The.
Speaker 5: Answer was, no, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I want. I love relationship. Relationships are made.
Speaker 4: You know you love relationships. That's obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love that you committed one with because you get more. You get more out of that relationship. Where you when that woman feel like you committed and you committed to her.
Speaker 6: I don't believe you, Country, Yeah, you gotta show you got to prove it. I've been in relationships, man, you know that it didn't work. I left, Oh you, nobody ever left me?
Speaker 4: So what's the reason for you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I said, I let her say that because I you know, I'm talking. I'm gonna let people.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: She got a brand, but no, I ain't. I never got left in my life, So.
Speaker 2: Why why do you leave them? Like, what's the always the problem? Most of the.
Speaker 1: Time, I'm ready to elevate, feeling it's like you're gonna go on this journey with me because it's the.
Speaker 2: World, you know what I mean. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't really care about the world. You know what's going on out there. I walk my own lane. Is like most people. You can feel it. It's like I want to keep elevating and keep spiritually working on myself and the person don't want to go with me. I got to keep going, man. I just that's what I just find my malager, you know what I mean. I've done that with everything because to get the certain I got kids, to get certain things.
Speaker 2: Man, you can't the people behind you in the corner right there looking like because it was just.
Speaker 1: You know, I ain't nothing to talk about on here, but it wasn't working out. Yeah, just if I'm trying to and every time I hey, either you coming with me, the people who with me still with me.
Speaker 2: But I've got to do this for my kid.
Speaker 1: And I ain't gonna do nothing wrong or or nothing like you know, devilish to make that happen. I like to get money the right way. So it's like, man, I know when it's time to leave me.
Speaker 2: That's the hardest thing to do. Even in business. It's hard to be like, this ain't working and I got to elevate. So either you come with me.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, if I'm doing if I'm doing it, if I'm doing the podcast or radio show, and I talked to NBA and Charlot Magne, I'm listening one hundred percent, I'm going wherever y'all taking me, because y'all are professionals at this. So if I'm proven in my world where I come from, like in my book, you know my story, I'm like, when I'm in a relationship, I'm like, man, unless you got a better route, man.
Speaker 4: I gotta go just basically the manage it didn't have a better route.
Speaker 1: Nah, nah no, And every relationship head. You know what I'm saying. You know I'm gonna keep rising.
Speaker 4: Another thing you're doing I did that.
Speaker 6: I love is you got a movie out on Amazon Prime SCREENE love that you funded yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that's a great route to go.
Speaker 6: But talk to the people while you went that route instead of getting the studio to produce.
Speaker 2: It, because it ain't make sense.
Speaker 1: I see everybody's pitching stuff, and I'm like, if everybody got millions of dollars and we got the resource of leguas shot yourself. Yeah, so I did it myself just to see and it went up. You know what I'm saying that the money came back and you know you own it. It's like digital real estate. You know, when I own the house, I still got to fix that roof. I got to get an.
Speaker 2: Ac you know. I don't flip houses.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dig's a real estate. It's sit on there. I ain't got to worry about no.
Speaker 2: Tenants tearing it up. Like man, if we own this content.
Speaker 1: Because I seen what I did with the social media a little skits and I'm like, oh loo, bro, I did this with three minutes skis. So I'm like, that's how people have been making the money. If you own that, if you own that movie, bro, if you own ten, if you own ten movies, if you spend ten million dollars shoot ten movies, you know what I'm saying, million dollars piece, you owned ten.
Speaker 2: If the movie's on Amazon, Prime of tub.
Speaker 1: Making three thousand dollars a day apiece, you know what I'm saying, you making thirty thousand dollars a day for the rest of your life and then sometimes it might spike.
Speaker 2: Up, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's that, it's that when you got you, when you bitch your own brand and you already got to it was like you got to moneytize off yourself first and let the game moneytize whatever left, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I've seen it, and I just.
Speaker 1: Had to do it because everybody like, pitch this, then you pitch something, you wait two years.
Speaker 2: I'm getting older in real life.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, nah, no, I got I got this money right now. They're gonna tax it right in the end of the year. Anyway, let me have a question, because information is important. You don't got to put the number out there. How much did you spend on the movie? Spend by the mini?
Speaker 4: Okay? Okay? And you got that back already.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, you know what I'm saying. Pretty much? It's been out how long it's only been out three months? Man?
Speaker 1: They making money every day, but Amazon get half of it and it ain't even put it on two B yet.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Tube, You get that you get that ad revenue and then you can license it. We got a couple offers on the licensing situation on the movie already that I instantly gonna make a prop. I'm sure I'm being a profit already, but I can't go to Tuba to after year after that if I take the deal. So it's so many options and you own it, man, you own it forever.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Country.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm slucking, stop hating.
Speaker 4: When are you gonna do your next one?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do it this fall because it's a writer of striking Hollywood, so everybody shut down. So I'm trying to you know, I'm trying to take advantage. And I'm gonna shooting another movie called That's Hurt and in the first movie Strange Love and then Come from my Mind. I just got in and I seen the script change a little bit, but this movie is coming from my mind and I want to direct it because I just see I see the movie, you know, So I'm definitely trying to shoot at this fall. Now, you just did a one more thing because you know, since Gary so salty, I gotta stick this one.
Speaker 4: Ain't filming a one hour comedy special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with NETFLI this is coming. I knew it.
Speaker 3: I Netflix, for whatever reason, won't give the great Gary Owns a comedy special, shooting her, shooting his.
Speaker 5: On May twelfth. You ain't got in Washington, never had one you got from Netflix?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: All right, just checking.
Speaker 2: You ain't got a Netflix.
Speaker 5: They say no.
Speaker 4: Every time he got great ones on Showtime. Though you got good.
Speaker 5: I gotial Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: They feel good. Man.
Speaker 1: That's that's really what I've been waiting on because I've been sneaking on the stage.
Speaker 3: So its great, doesn't It feels great to be a black man to go go in and pitch something.
Speaker 4: Garret said, he about to go Garret and he about to clim races. You're about to say.
Speaker 5: They don't want to let no.
Speaker 3: White man, no straight white man, all these white guys, no Jewish Jewish difference, talking about circumcised white guys. Don't come up with reasons why we can't get a special. No, no, no six foot left handed?
Speaker 4: Oh man, give him some game country Way And how did it come about?
Speaker 5: Netflix? Call you now?
Speaker 1: It's it's some of the some of the stuff I use in the book all my life. I just played it, you know, I just I just you know, things happen, man, things happened, and the opportunity came up, and uh, you know, you know that's what I've been waiting on.
Speaker 5: The whole time, you know, just waiting on that.
Speaker 2: They've been calling him.
Speaker 5: How long you've been waiting.
Speaker 3: Freaking internet comics, Steve Brown.
Speaker 5: I'm with it right now, man, Steve dog.
Speaker 2: Charm.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of pressure though, because this is the one people are gonna be waiting to see.
Speaker 2: This is one of the head gonna get booked. Man, I don't where.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna film it?
Speaker 4: That you heard?
Speaker 5: That's great, you can't. That's the thing. You can't go wrong.
Speaker 2: In this charlemagnet know how good I wanna stay every times about up here?
Speaker 1: People like rid, I don't know about counting way. I'm like, bro, you gonna see man, you see that special? I said that I called Ryde.
Speaker 2: He was up was up here.
Speaker 1: He was like, man, he's the leader of the new school. I tell her, I say, well, I must about being your class. Then you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I want new ones.
Speaker 1: But it's all little got you. But no, man, that's that's stand up special. That's what I've been waiting on because really that's what I was working on. That's why I wasn't on social media anymore. No, I was on the road every weekend, every weekend for years.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, on.
Speaker 5: The road writing new material.
Speaker 4: He was rooting for you, telling her about the Netflix special.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 5: Hope we skip over that. Let's get back to you and Jess.
Speaker 7: What happened there? You broke up with her, but you learned riding with it? What did your book me pictures? I want to take a picture special on there.
Speaker 3: You released the book too earlier, man, Well, but I'm happy for you.
Speaker 5: I hope it's top ten.
Speaker 1: You got to help us on the way comedy tour, Yeah, yeah, help his own way coming into it. Man, we're on tour right now. It is in May, but you know, yeah, so the tour going great. You know you had to step by by myself in theaters. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was a challenge, is it?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this because a lot of people know this behind the scenes stuff. You can generate so much money in comedy clubs and then your reps call you and say, hey, we're going to transition into theaters. It actually is a financial hit. I don't know if that was the case for you when you first go from clubs to theaters, because some markets, you.
Speaker 5: Know, DC, Baltimore, Houston, Dallas.
Speaker 3: I mean you you can walk out there with a ton of money out the clubs the theaters. You gotta work one night, but you don't generate in this slare as much money you did you find that when you went to theaters.
Speaker 1: Now you really, uh, it kind of just translates, just translated one night if you selling, if you selling little tickets, like you know, you know what we're talking. Numb was like, might go to Dallas, you go to club, you might hear a love, might hear a seventies you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Saventy piece. I don't know why I whispering, but say I go to Dalla.
Speaker 1: If I go to Comby Club, I'm gonna pick up sixty sixty grands, I do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Sixty seventh grand? But I went to Dallas. You know I picked up one hundred. So it works. Really to come to the theater is really more money.
Speaker 1: But it's a risk because if you don't sell a certain oount of ticket, now you in you in the hole because some markets you might go Now, I might take it. I might go to Greenville. I could have went the come to club and picked up UH fifty and I went. I walked out of Greenville with thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it varies whichever market, but the theater is overall is more money, more time because you get that tour over with in May, then I could finally go home to my family. When I was in club man, I couldn't even do that. I couldn't. I couldn't do nothing. What was your toughest market, The toughest market to my like selling tickets wise? Oh like like Denver only soul, like fifteen hundred tickets.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I bet you sold out in Denver, Hungary crushing, Yes, places like Denver.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Gosh, not different tough market.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you, you know, out of your skits. I got two questions. What was the big skit.
Speaker 1: That made you pop, that made people realize that went viral and too?
Speaker 2: What was the hardest kit to do it?
Speaker 1: Because sometimes you do it with different artist celebrities, What was the hardest one.
Speaker 4: To do with the celebrity.
Speaker 1: Uh, let me see the first the skit that popped me off when I did have the fake like I like a girlfriend's cooking. I only got like two thousand off. But but that was the one that made me go viral. And the hardest one to do probably was let me see it was it was a t I let me see a T I boost probably Bootsy. It was kind of hard because I went, I made it to his before he made it up, Like so he was waiting on Bootsy.
Speaker 5: At his own house.
Speaker 1: At his own house, I seen everybody but Boosy. I've seen his cousins and his homeboy, and I don't know what Boots at. But TI I we was in the hood. So that was pretty hard because like we need, we need to hurry up. He was late and we in the real hood because I did on both of my character drill so do two. It probably the hardest to do with a celebrity. Uh, but t I probably because the bibe me we was in at the time.
Speaker 6: I mean, I listen, man, I just love to see where you come from from social media, having a book out, having your own movie on Amazon, Netflix, special education, Like that's just I mean, that's that's that's been because ten years ago people was like, ah, man, that ain't gonna those guys on the end of that ain't gonna be doing nothing, so they're not gonna be around to watch like you and Jess and DC and everything.
Speaker 4: Y'all doing that shit is incredible.
Speaker 2: Man, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what I like about the new generation guys is they they work together.
Speaker 2: A lot with the sketches and everything else.
Speaker 5: Cause you partner with a bunch of people, sketches, you just.
Speaker 4: They'll do stuff together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Ja Cool, Me and Jess ain't never you know what I'm saying, We ain't never.
Speaker 1: I think just respect that. I don't never get on here and talk negative about it. I let her talk negative about me because that a woman. A woman gonna do that. Really, yeah, a woman gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Not not negative, but you have experienced that Gary.
Speaker 5: Narrative.
Speaker 1: But no man as a woman, man, I don't respect you know what I'm saying. So me and just Cool I think she just respected that. You know what I'm saying, I ain't.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm never going to get on here and say nothing about no woman period in the negative. Man would you ever, let like a comedian, older comedian open up for you something like that. Yeah, they cool that, like if they don't have a Netflix special, no bro and man, when people think no Netflix, Gary getting.
Speaker 4: Crazy, man, let's get right.
Speaker 5: That's the legend, Gary d gared Man.
Speaker 1: You know, gart the only one that go out there new material.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't do that.
Speaker 1: Geary come out there and give them new jokes, especially after specially and just then.
Speaker 2: You know, Gary is a legend for us.
Speaker 5: For notice ing that.
Speaker 3: Wayne, I wish somebody on Netflix would notice somebody.
Speaker 5: Really want that.
Speaker 4: You really want a Netflix But what what does that do?
Speaker 5: Well? I don't know. I just never had one. I don't know what it would do, Charlamagne, what do you mean what would it do? I don't know? Because I get told Gary.
Speaker 1: Really needed I think Internet us from the Internet needed more because nobody don't know whether.
Speaker 2: We're funny or not. Less the people can't to see us.
Speaker 1: So it's like that's our like audition to the world because we got our fan base. But now you got to see the world, get to see and if you pop on Netflix, man, you finally get absolutely that thing or that you know that stand.
Speaker 6: Up and you might bring in a whole new audience because it's people that go on Netflix just to see who's doing new stand ups, like who's this country?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 3: For me, I think Netflix will probably helped the international market.
Speaker 5: Mm right now, I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Much I'm doing really great in the United States. But just I see the guys going overseas, I'm like, that's Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wayne, Oh no, no, I went. I don't think I've never been out of country in my life.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 1: I went to film the TV show with Lisa Koudro and Takaway t T excuse me and.
Speaker 5: That last name, Like we're just gonna let that slide. Huh. You know, question who that is? Who the hell is talk? What? T? Does he have a Netflix special?
Speaker 2: Talk about like the biggest running the game right now? He did?
Speaker 5: Oh my fault myself?
Speaker 2: He's the man right now?
Speaker 4: What t he like?
Speaker 5: He like my fault? Take a t T Indian?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Like he like from for New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, I met him.
Speaker 2: I met him.
Speaker 4: I met him before I heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but he the man right now? Like he but he got the game.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's cool with the president. I'm talking about I got Dan Taylor.
Speaker 4: Man, No, there you go, I got baby my dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So how do you find time between touring and movies and writing books just to still have a social life, man, Because you gotta have you got to have material to draw off, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: I like to talk the people on the phone and all that. I got a lot of people that I just talked to on the phone. And really that's why in a relationship, I talked to a.
Speaker 2: Lot of women.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean even dealing with them, it's just that conversation because they helped write my skits. But the reason why I got a lot of time because I shoot thirty skits one day, you know what I'm saying. So I really don't be this torring right now. That's why I'm ready to got tour that take up most of my time. But when I'm on when I'm off tour, and I shoot two months of videos in three days or four days, So I be having my time.
Speaker 2: I be getting that material talking to people just on the phone. Just what's up? A girl gave me a whole storyline. Uh.
Speaker 1: She was talking about her dude trying to open up a vending machine and she was like a vending machine, and I used that storyline in my skits and made so much money.
Speaker 2: I see, I see her check give w nap phone story.
Speaker 5: You got a whole camera crew that comes with you.
Speaker 2: No, I feel on my phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was always shocked on did a couple of sketches with DESI. I was like, Oh, this is just doing off your phone.
Speaker 2: It's just on their phone. Man, it's simplified.
Speaker 1: You put on that phone, make sure three minutes, don't edit, don't cut, load it up on Facebook YouTube, and it's just they throw them ass. And then yeah, when you kick it with women country women be like, look now I don't want to get pregnant. Oh no, they be like, you know when I kick it women, you know what I'm saying, be a vibe because women always be my thing.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: I just obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you know when it's.
Speaker 3: Also obviously your pull out game is terrible.
Speaker 2: That means that means my sperms are strong. That's what it is.
Speaker 5: Strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I had seven kids by the time I was twenty two, so a lot of this I think about it, I only had I only had three by the time from twenty two to thirty five.
Speaker 4: A lot of my time we're talking about kids.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: From where I come from, from the country, that was the minimum, Like kids was not a big you know, from front the country, having a lot of kids. We had big families, and to be honest, I always want to have a lot of kids. Now it's probably been easier if it would have been with one woman.
Speaker 2: But you know, it worked out.
Speaker 1: In the end of my book talk about that all the mothers and my kids, they stay right around me with all the family.
Speaker 2: They got kids in my house. All the kids stayed there.
Speaker 1: They all got a room at my house. So it became like a village. And it's love. You know what I'm saying, Like these kids go to this mother's house. I don't even know about it, the baby Mama's day. Like the kids even when they even when they into it and know like each other. The kids are being Panama seatd with one of the other ones and they all just a family pop up at each other's house.
Speaker 2: It's it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: It turned out to be beautiful, but it didn't. That's why it didn't have to be that way. But that's what the books talks about how do you get things when your negative world, that you created this mess and then it turns out so beautiful in the end. It's like a painting on the wall. And that's what helped us on the way is all. There's no where you know all your kids first name, middle name, and birthday. Oh for sure, let me go go ten Tony Jamarrio on Coley August second, two thousand and five. Tamar duvaud Coli December thirty first, two thousand and six, Christianna Koli. Her birthday is April thirtieth. She was born to say, she was born two thousand and seven. They right behind each other, now a lil and a lil March. They born two weeks apart. You know what I'm saying, Jesus, they they were born two weeks apart in March two thousand and eight. You know, we got Taylor. You know what I'm saying. My my extra beautiful and came in a special way. Her birthday all the seventh, and she was born in two thousand and She was born two thousand and seven. No she yeah, no, no, she was born two thousand and eight. My bad right behind Tamar. Yeah, I just counted five. Yeah, and then we got we got honest January to six. She was born uh unnest was born in two thousand and uh eighteen. And we got Melissa. She was born two thy and fourteen h December thirtye.
Speaker 2: We got Kyomi. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got January six, two thousand and twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, you got mad twenty two.
Speaker 4: My bad and all of y'all live in the same community.
Speaker 2: Yeah got Kyo five. Kyomi moved. She moved back to Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I moved a mom to Atlanta, but it was hard for because she ain't had no support, So she just moved back to Kansas City. But everybody, all the rest of us, everybody stayed right beside each other. Even one of my daughters brother her mom. I got a mama play she don't. She only beat her mom. How she beat in my house all the time. But they all but most of my reality show, Yeah, it really is. Yeah, I got six and I can't I can't know.
Speaker 4: He said, you got him all the big mamas living in one community.
Speaker 2: I have. I love that dope.
Speaker 1: I love that I had to order to be gone because I realized you're gonna have a high babysit when you do the math and you do taxes. Now they all got W nine for them too, you know what I'm saying, ten nine and nine And you paid for all of that, Yeah, because you know they tax is going. You gotta think about it. The way tax is set up, it ain't no way to really dodge it. The only thing they don't.
Speaker 2: Question it is giving people money.
Speaker 1: So you might as well live good within it the system because they gonna tax it anyway.
Speaker 2: So it's like, so, okay, this makes my life easier.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get a nanny anyway, and then they're gonna catch you about forty granted, so I just made the mom everybody. Yeah, so I just pay everybody out of it, and and the moms and everybody and the children. They respect you more when you when the moms are living the same way you living. Because I felt that from my kids. I got y'all won't tell you to they get older, and I just felt like they moms had to live a certain level too for them, and it made them happier because now they mom got a nice car. It's just one big family and the mom's getting the skits for free. Though I don't pay nobody to getting the skits.
Speaker 5: All the mom's being the skits monetize everybody nice.
Speaker 1: I got you kids, moms, everybody the family, they get a salary. So when they getting the skits, they don't get paid. Now the cast if all they get paid. Everybody get a check. But you know, it's it turned out to be a beautiful thing. And I wouldn't a buy nobody to go there route just the old country. Ain't with that route all because you got it my attentions, you know, like David and the Bible, he was wrong for dealing with that Shiva, but his heart was good. So sometimes people good heart, you gotta let God deal with them. And you know bas Shee became Solomon, and later on down that line came Jesus so.
Speaker 2: And my my attentions were good.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to separate those women like that just end up having now kids, and I had to stand up on their responsibility and and it turned out to be beautiful in the end. Because Tony going to college, you're my first son. He got he going to college play basketball and color one. You he's the first son graduating, Tamar doing good, or all all the kids. They're doing good and they living better than I did when I.
Speaker 2: Was the age. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They got the love. But we appreciated you.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Help is on the way, pick it up right now, and we appreciate you for driving us.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 2: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Man, if it's good to meet you, I feel like I already metch I don't watch y'all so much.
Speaker 5: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate the gear.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: If it was the name of special, gonna.
Speaker 1: Name the name of the especially gonna be a woman's prayer, a woman's prayer.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's what I was gonna name mine.
Speaker 1: Where it goes at, ladies and gentlemen, it's Country Wayne, It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning,