Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So don't given them the bus things listening to to.
Speaker 4: I don't joy joy.
Speaker 1: You turn.
Speaker 5: Love, you turn.
Speaker 4: To turn the mouse, turn, probably got to turn the mouth, the turn mount, turn the word the water.
Speaker 6: Jup, Come.
Speaker 2: Come out, you think I sure will? Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now. One and only. Steve Harvey got a radio show. Yeah, man, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Trying to do something with it too. Man. You know.
Speaker 7: I was having a conversation the other day with a young person and they were telling me how they felt that their life was stuck, that their life was in a rut, that they didn't know what to do next. And one of the things that was causing them this sadness or this depression. I mean, they're really really into something right now. One of the things that was causing it was the fact that they had made a list of things they wanted to accomplish by a certain.
Speaker 2: Age, and.
Speaker 7: That age they just had a birthday recently, and they were looking at the list and the list hadn't been fulfilled. And because that list hadn't been fulfilled. They were really really sad about it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things that they had on.
Speaker 7: The list was marriage, kids, and I don't know everything else that was on the list, but that was one of them. And because she had reached a certain age and she wasn't married, and she didn't have the kids, and she had just celebrated a birthday, she's gone into this mode of sadness where it's really really taken a toll on her. And as I was learning about her situation, I was thinking about it, and I just wanted to share this with you all this morning. That one of the things about making a list about what you want, which I happen to be a proponent of, I do it myself. People have dream boards. I have a goal sheet. I've been doing it for years. It's a wonderful way to set goals and to keep it in front of you as a constant reminder. And I always go over this goal list every day, you know, I mean I go with it all the time every day. Sometimes I miss a day here and there, but mostly every day I pull my goal sheet out and I look at it, I read it. So I was going to these rallies, and I was learning about, you know, people who were successful in how they kept their mind writing possible. And one of the things I learned was to make these dream boards, these lists, these gold sheets. And in making a gold sheet, and you make the sheet according to what you want. Think about one thing when you made your goal sheet, about what you wanted? Does your goal sheet have on it what God wants from you? Did you ask in any of this what was His will in your life?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: Look, man, what we want oftentimes is not what He wants for us. And you know, if you're fighting against what you were created for, if you're fighting against his will, I mean, what do you want to happen?
Speaker 2: See, don't be so hard.
Speaker 7: On yourself when you look at your goal sheet and you look at what you've not become what you thought was a great idea. Don't be so hard on yourself because you just made a minor mistake. As do most people, we oftentimes make our goals and set our goals up without ever considering what is it that God wants from us. We keep talking about what we want without ever finding out or knowing what it is God wants for us. Well, guess what, man, Maybe you're fighting against the grain. Maybe you just a salmon heading upstream. That's a tough fight upstream. Not all salmon's get up to the spawning grounds, you know. Some of them don't make it upstream, you know. But all of them, nearly all of them, except the ones that's killed by pray. When they're spawn they go out to the ocean. That's cool because you're going because you're going with the grain. You're going downstream, you're going with the flow. That's but when it's time to go against the grain, it's tough. And a lot of us have just been going against the grain for all of these years. But you know what, listen, man, I did it. I know a lot of people who did it. Very few people get it right from the very beginning. Man, you got to stumble through life sometimes sometimes you got to fall through life. You got to make a lot of mistakes, man, But these mistakes are not failures. You know, when you fail, it's something. Don't look at it as a failure. Don't look at yourself as a failure. Because you're thirty and your goals ain't reached that you had on your list, that was your list.
Speaker 2: What about the things that's going right.
Speaker 7: Stop looking at what you're not, take some time out and thank God for what you are. How about the fact that you keep waking up to be thirty. You know you get depressed by these birthdays. You really want to throw yourself in some depression. Miss a birthday, You really got a problem. Now look at where you are. You keep reaching birthdays. That's a glorious blessing. You keep waking up. You got your health, You've accomplished something. Something on your list is done. People spend too much time on the negative side, and you're just throwing yourself into depression. So what you want to be married by a certain age and you wanted to have kids, Okay, cool, you could have done all that with the wrong person. There's a blessing in not being married to the wrong person. There's a blessing in not having kids and nobody'll help you raise it. There's a blessing in that man. You're talking to somebody who can tell it to you. You can marry the wrong person if you want to. I'm telling you you're gonna be up in some mess you can't count on. So instead of being angry because you're not married, you don't have kids, why don't you thank God the man? Maybe he spared you from some misery here. Maybe you could have married the wrong person. Maybe you have kids and you're not really ready to be a mother or a father. You got to look at the upside, man, Quit looking at what you don't have. Take some time to thank God for what you do have. When you do that, you make more room for blessings to flow into your life. I'm not saying how God thinks, because I really don't know, but I'm telling you if a person comes to me and I always give a person something and they never appear grateful, or they never say thank you, please, know you can quit.
Speaker 2: Coming to me now.
Speaker 7: I don't notice how God works because I've gone back to him several times without being grateful of thanking him, and He's filled my basket up again. So I really think he's not like that. But I can't make the call for sure. But I think at one point in time, me it's just me talking. I'd be a little ticked off at somebody who was always taking, taking, taking, and never showing any gratitude. At one point in time, I would just stop the flow of the take you know you just you can't take no more from me.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do. Now.
Speaker 7: I'm not calling it like that because I ain't him, but I know he's merciful, he's full of goodness and he and he'll forgive you again. And thank God he does that because he's show enough done it for me. But wow, man, take some time out today and be grateful for what you have. Stop complaining about where you not, and think about where you are, and then take it from there. And the next time you make a list, make sure on that list you have God's will? What does he want for you? Does God create give everybody a gift and a talent? Some of us never applied gifts and talents. We head off in another direction. Then you wonder why your life ain't where it's supposed to be. Have you ever thought about what God gifted you to do? Have you ever thought about doing that? And still skip what you want? I wanted to play in the NBA, but I got to tell you something. At dribbling and shooting and running all at one time throwing me off a little bit. You know, they just so I'm doing what I do. It's pretty cool. You gonna look at it that way. Okay, morning show, ladies and gentlemen. It is about that time. It is time to begin. But before we start, we want to say thank you. I know you're probably thinking, I'm thinking the fans and everything, and we do because without you who, we wouldn't have a show, We wouldn't have the numbers, we wouldn't have the ratings, We couldn't be number one without you.
Speaker 2: So for that we have to say thank you.
Speaker 7: But I have a question for you and me and everybody else though, who we really need.
Speaker 2: To think though?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 7: Who we really oh it too? Who really got us here? Skip this show? I'm talking about who got.
Speaker 2: Us to the next phase of light? Who?
Speaker 8: With that?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you who it was? It was him again? He did it? God did it. Yeah, it's nothing you can do about it either.
Speaker 2: His love is all.
Speaker 7: Encompassing, His mercy and grace is available to all. I know for a fact, I have been a direct recipient of nothing but a whole lot of grace and mercy and a whole lot of forgiveness.
Speaker 2: And I thank him for.
Speaker 7: Because man, really, technically I shouldn't even be here. Technically I really shouldn't. Man, I know the times I thought I was gone and it was two of them, And then I don't even know about the time somebody had some evil plan for me and it just ain't work out for them like it usually das right. I'm Isaiah fifty four seventeen all day long. No weapon formed against me your profit. So you come from if you want to. But I need you to understand I'm not over here by myself.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: You know, I might look like I'm takable, but they ain't got me yet. My track record with him is strong. Okay, So come if.
Speaker 2: You want to.
Speaker 7: You're gonna end up with all the rest of them at I'm just saying that ain't no threat. That ain't no nothing. That's his promise to me. He told me, no weaponform against me shall proper. I'm just stupid enough to believe that, and thus far it didn't work. Yeah, here gonna get ladies and gentlemen. This is to Steve Harky mort If you don't like the way we started. Man, if I was you, I was just just bear with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Schule to Starberry calling for real Mouth of the South, Junior boy. I'm better known as Kid's Faith and the legend of nephew Tommy Junior, ill use up all your time.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, it's okay.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you something. I want to thank him too. I want to thank you for the work he's doing in my life. I'm gonna tell you what that's I need. I need him to help me find a ladder.
Speaker 1: Lord.
Speaker 2: You can't own no house without no ladder.
Speaker 9: Wooll I find that out first off the top, I need to go.
Speaker 1: Down here and find a ladder. I can't reach nothing in here. I can't turn no light bulbs. I can't do.
Speaker 2: You've got to.
Speaker 1: Get a ladder, and I need a wrench for some reason. I need a rich as well.
Speaker 10: Junior.
Speaker 1: What's that up?
Speaker 7: You got these things going around your house called guddis. You're gonna get to know him real well.
Speaker 1: I need a ladder, man, all right?
Speaker 11: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll check in with the nephew.
Speaker 1: If he runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 11: It is time now to start your morning off with the nephew as he runs that prank back what you got for his nep daytime and everything?
Speaker 13: But look, look, Look, it ain't nobody in the cemetery complaining bout no prank.
Speaker 6: Call.
Speaker 2: We going to the city.
Speaker 13: I ain't had no name person down there call me and say I don't like what you're doing. So we're going to this right here is called tombstone, toms Stone. We're not talking about the movie. It's not about Wider. It's a lot of tombstone out of Western Okay, let's go catch dog.
Speaker 14: Funeral home.
Speaker 15: It's Kendrick.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, we got a problem with the center home over the man. I saw something. Y'all gonna mess around and put the wrong name on my hand a tomb so as will as to date, and we got a problem. We gotta get richified. Man, y'all can hold hold.
Speaker 14: On, hold on, man, calm down. First of all, what is your name?
Speaker 6: My name is Richie Man. But y'all, y'all, I can't understand a funeral home making these kund of mistakes. You know that don't make no sense. How long have y'all even been in the business to be doing something like this?
Speaker 14: So this is a family business.
Speaker 6: We've been doing this forty plus years at y'all making mistakes like this? Man?
Speaker 14: What what what's the problem. What's the mistake? What's mistakes you think we made?
Speaker 6: Okay, look, man, we're bearing my auntie two weeks ago. Her name is Rose.
Speaker 14: That okay, all right?
Speaker 6: What do you spare? Your name is r O s e t t A. Y'all got r O z e t t A. She was born tune the eight nineteen forty eight. Y'all got August depict nineteen forty. Y'all got the dates mixed up here, y'all got her name mixed up. And when we ain't finna do as having Mia Auntie rested in peace with the wrong stuff on her thomb song.
Speaker 14: All no first, man, calm down right, you keep getting at me. I can't age no way I can help you. If you getting at me, I need.
Speaker 6: We'll fix the parroblem. Damn man, Why I can check the paperwork.
Speaker 14: I can check the paperwork and see what the problem is. Now, if you gaves me the wrong information, your family gave me the wrong information, then we just put down where we would get it. And if we gotta change something, change it. But it's gonna cost you some more.
Speaker 8: Mind.
Speaker 6: I'm not alling wrong, y'all. We We're not paying another damn damn to that funeral hall, not another damn damn the stuff gonna get a change on this damn tomb stoll. And we're not paying for none, not donna pay this. So I'm up. I'm decided.
Speaker 14: I'm saying we can help you out. I can help you. But if you gave me the wrong information, that's only you.
Speaker 8: Why didn't do that?
Speaker 6: That's on you. But we ain't gave you the wrong information. No, I'm gonna tell you that for hen what what is your name? Turn on? What is your name?
Speaker 14: My name is Kendrick.
Speaker 6: Okay, Kendrick. Let me tell you something. If this don't get changed, body night, me and some of my cousin a finna come out there and start digging up body.
Speaker 14: And oh no, y'all not coming over here and digging up nothing. Y'all my play. You will disrespect my family and come over here.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get up what we're gonna dig up some bodies and y'all gonnaf y'all gonna get directed bottle on.
Speaker 14: My hand toombstomause it's not gonna be none of that. I'm not having you coming over here. We're gonna six the problem and check the paperwork and I can get back to you. That's why I can do. But you ain't digging up nothing.
Speaker 6: And if if y'all already fixed this thing on my head, tombstof bud, me and my cousin was coming out there digging up some of them, damn daddy body until y'all get this damn thing six.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna be nobody coming over there, and I'm gonna say I'm nothing. Wait a minute, hold on, see what now I'm getting excited to come. Man, let me just talk to you like a man. Listen, what I'm saying, is you in that the family fills out the paperwork, put the name and the birth date on there. If it is incorrect, it has to be fixed. I have to call the man out here to fix it, and that's gonna cast some money. I have to pay him. All I'm saying is if that is the case, if the paperworkers in correct, it's not on us, and I might have to charge you a little extra money just so I can get it taken care of.
Speaker 6: To get charged none of that. We ain't got no more money, man, We ain't got no more money. Charge alarmed and have to bear in my honey, we ain't got no more. Let me tell you. I'm gonna tell you one more time, mister Kendrick. If I don't see a charge, I'm coming out there this evening. And look at my handy tomb. So I'm coming out there now. If the day and the name ain't fixed, I promise you so help me. I'm finnah start digging up bout it, and if your answers out there, I'm gonna put you in one of them holes down and.
Speaker 14: Dug up, and I'll tell you what, virgie.
Speaker 16: You're not gonna put me in no hole man, Like I said, I tell it.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to talk to you and tell you what the deal is and how we will get this fixed. Ain't nobody come out here and dig it up nothing.
Speaker 6: I'll be somebody, I bet you. I bet you I'm digging up a hole and I'll put you in it if you don't fix my hand and tombs do.
Speaker 14: If we both going in the damn hole, that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: We're both going in that head because somebody don't want to fix this around and put the room d y'all want to put the utter spill on my head, may row and everything.
Speaker 16: I don't even answer the damn phone.
Speaker 14: My uncle get a clisson regards.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna fix nothing.
Speaker 14: Me and you yelling at each other, we mean, we don't do this. Yelling at each other is not gonna fix the problems. I'm I still have to do a step here. I have to look at this paperwork. Where is you.
Speaker 6: Gonna look at it?
Speaker 14: Ben that you keep yelling? I don't even have time to go over the stable. Every time I get ready look at something, you're yelling in my head.
Speaker 6: When you say this to you one more time, I'm coming at mine pro I'm gonna come out there right now. That's what I'm familar.
Speaker 14: You know what we're to come on there.
Speaker 16: I try to talk nice to you and tell you what do I told you that this is a family business and you just expecting me. Then you come out here.
Speaker 14: You ain't no cousin.
Speaker 16: We both got it all the day. That's what I'm trying to tell you right now.
Speaker 6: You know so, Tad, You need to know that is on my way because I guarantee you y'all gonna chany I bring.
Speaker 16: No again, bring no. You ain't no cause I'm laughing for card. I'm bigging at both seting holds out.
Speaker 6: Just say when they getting ready to sail Casus on the tomb So I bet you they want to sail it.
Speaker 16: Well, oh well, men, come off, you ain't your cousins.
Speaker 6: I got something to tell you.
Speaker 16: The tes you got to say?
Speaker 6: I said, you listening to make ken drink?
Speaker 14: What you wrapped the civil residents?
Speaker 2: I got to play it.
Speaker 6: Miss You tell me you just got breaked by your secretary.
Speaker 17: With YO, right, man, you tell me.
Speaker 6: You got you?
Speaker 17: Man? Man, Oh, he was supposed to be ahead today.
Speaker 14: I knew something was fun.
Speaker 6: Oh man, you got me.
Speaker 14: But I worked gonna do a whole for YO today. Sign a gig.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, I gotta ask you one more thing. What is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land, The.
Speaker 14: Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Sir, I ain't got nothing to say. I did it.
Speaker 1: You don't need to have anything to say. Thank you, nephew.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, as to ce l O, Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building. Right after this, you're listening Harvey Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, celebrities, presidents, and people from all walks of life are posting heartfelt tributes to the late great Harry Belafonte. Plus another entertainment news, Tony Braxton came close to a massive heart attack. Wow, And ty Reese has been ordered to pay over half a million dollars in child support and legal fees. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the c l O. Yeah, this is from Sonia in Chesapeake, who writes, my male co worker has tried to date me for over a year, but I don't mix business with pleasure. He met one of my female friends and he treats her like a queen.
Speaker 17: She said.
Speaker 11: The sex is exceptional too. Do I get my man back or let her have him first?
Speaker 7: And sale, I don't mix h date with his. You work together, that's all you had your shot. It ain't he ain't your man. No, you know, he might have found somebody that really appreciate his efforts, and he and they're rewarding each other.
Speaker 2: Because if she's telling you his is good, Lord, have mercy, she ain't telling you what she putting on him. Now he's somewhere so happy. Too late.
Speaker 7: You blew you missed them, little stupid rub down there listening to that damn department. Well whatever, you know, people get married at companies all the time. You can meet your soul mate on your job. Now you listening to them foods in the child because they're trying to keep the little workplace happy. Now you're gonna sacrifice your happiness, so so your boss be all right?
Speaker 11: Uh missus, Beryl, what happened? You're awfully quiet right on correct, yeah, and on the jaw.
Speaker 18: We've been married nineteen years this year, but he was not my supervisor.
Speaker 1: Just want to say that clear, No, no, no, we were equal. We were yeah, all right. I always like to clo telem Yeah. I always like to refer to the experts on these things.
Speaker 11: Moving on to Regina and Trenton, who says my husband and I had a bad argument and our windows were up.
Speaker 1: My busy body.
Speaker 11: The busybody old woman next door came over to me after I put my son on the bus and said I need to show my husband more respect.
Speaker 1: I told her to mind her business. I feel bad now did I tell her the right thing? Or should I go apologize.
Speaker 2: No, she do need to mind her bit.
Speaker 13: That part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, that is.
Speaker 7: Well you think you probably you know, if you called her an old bit of battle axe, when then you might want to apologize for that.
Speaker 2: But other than that, now you don't owe her an apology. But let it go for a week though, let it let that soak in. You need that.
Speaker 12: So raised.
Speaker 2: Well, you do respect your elders, but elders gotta respect too. Now go both ways. You know, she need to mind her business.
Speaker 7: You you could go and just like you know, just say, hey, look, I was in a bad space when I put the kid on the bus, and I really respect you and thank you for your consideration. But if if our windows wouldn't wasn't up, you wouldn't have anything to say. So I'll be more conscious of that.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: She probably a nice old lady, some pie.
Speaker 7: Or some help with that little ragged heir child, or you don't need help, and she's gonna be there.
Speaker 2: And then she knows, you know, she the neighborhood watching.
Speaker 1: The busy body. Yeah, well you know, but she's gonna.
Speaker 2: Keep people breaking in your house. She's gonna die now.
Speaker 7: One she had the house looking at the window right right, right, Okay, that's right, this pain of our street on a hundred this, Yeah, she saw everything.
Speaker 1: She got you in trouble, didn't she.
Speaker 2: I could tell so many days.
Speaker 7: That if you lie, we wait until we got a little bit dark, and we put hammerheads and and m ads in her tula bed and blew up her whole day front darden on three. We sit there, seven carry bombs and some eights off.
Speaker 1: Your daddy beat your behind.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, they didn't know it was us.
Speaker 1: Oh, she didn't tell they had camera.
Speaker 2: She told it wasn't no ring cameras or nothing like that. And it was a job, you know. Yeah, that was one lie I would definitely gonna hold too. I heard that noise. I ain't know what it was. I got scared. I ran in the ooh, I start lying without talking. I probably started lying.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 2: My first line was folk. Yeah, I probably I know it too.
Speaker 12: I was lying.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. All right, we're gonna move on to Carlin and Fort Wayne.
Speaker 11: Carlin says I had sex with my pastor when I was in my twenties, and he left me twenty five thousand dollars in his will his widow made sure everyone knew so I would be embarrassed. I'm thirty nine and married. Now do I owe anyone an explanation? If so, how do I explain it?
Speaker 7: No, you don't say nothing. I don't know why he left me the money. I know I was always kind to him.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't give me. That's a kid.
Speaker 2: You know that sounds good right there, That's sounded if.
Speaker 7: He ever needed somebody to do something around the church, I would presented I was there.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I have no idea. Why say, God, I'm gonna tied and pay ten percent back as the rest of them.
Speaker 1: I'm talking, I'm gonna go to the mall, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean I mean, I mean me and my husband, we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a couple, yeah.
Speaker 2: And put these kids in that little program they wanted up at the school. And then you know, thanks, gone, what's she gonna tell me? If that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Give him the same the exact same her.
Speaker 7: Then you're doing this at the church. But hey, whatever the case, and then just bust out shouting.
Speaker 1: Glory, let's go there.
Speaker 2: You know, a husband want to know why if.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, uh, this is the last one, Steve. This is from Onyx Onyx Indicator, love that name, Onyx. I've been with this guy for four months and every time we have sex he wants to be completely under the cover. I mean like we're in a fort on top of the bed. It's hot under there, and we can only do one position under there?
Speaker 1: Is this weird to you?
Speaker 7: That's all he got, That's all he got. That's all he got fortnight. Yeah, that's it, that's all he got. One one move.
Speaker 1: What's with the covers?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: What is that about? You don't want to feel like he's sneaking. It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: What is he trying to hide under there?
Speaker 7: Ain't they trying to hide? And you know it's it's like ever since a little boy, he's been wanting to count. So he's got to combine a workout. Yeah, camp can't all they want and you you're gonna have to break over him though, because that's how he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you, Cielo.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news where you're right after it this.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show.
Speaker 11: Entertainers, lawmakers, clergy, academics, and Tidans of industry celebrated the life of ninety six year old Harry Belafonte, remembering the quote uncompromising black man who made America better. Mister Belafonte passed away in his New York City home on Tuesday. Reverend Al Sharpton said Harry Belafonte was a true mentor and friend. I am heartbroken to hear of his death, but inspired by the long, fruitful life he led. Sharpton said in a statement, he was a culture changing entertainer, a history changing activist, and an unmatched intellectual rest and power.
Speaker 1: Mister b and I'm President.
Speaker 11: Barack Obama remembered Bellafonte as a barrier breaking legend who used his platform to lift others up. And all of us here, of course at the Steve Harvey Morning Show send our deepest condolences to the Bellefonte family.
Speaker 2: Wow, like her legend, bo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he touched a lot a lot of people, he really really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He's just major man, just a major player, and a lot of young people don't know who he is or what he did.
Speaker 2: But he he moved the civil rights movement. He moved as an activist.
Speaker 7: He taught black people so many things and required so many things of white America.
Speaker 2: So he's way more than entertainment impact.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, that's right. And in other entertainment news.
Speaker 11: According to People Magazine, I didn't know this, Tony Braxton came close to a massive heart attack. Tony was diagnosed with autoimmune condition lupus back in two thousand and eight, and she dismissed the chest pains she began suffering with last year, attributing them to the grief over the death of her sister Tracy. Tony eventually went to the doctor and her left main coronary artery was eighty percent blocked. Tony was shocked when she was told that she could have had a massive heart attack and wouldn't have survived. The eye opening health scare is why Tony Brexton is spreading awareness. That may is Lupa's Awareness month. Wow, yeah, may at all at all? And you can't tell, I mean, you know by the outside of course, she looks great, you know, but you just never know.
Speaker 1: It again again, that's right, that's right. Yeah, So we're glad she got checked and wow, yes, all right, and the doctor not her heart was broken from her sister's. Yeah, from Tracy's death.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because that was heartbroken, heartbreaking, Yeah, that she passed away so suddenly and then wow, she had her own issues, all right, moving on to this story. Finally, in entertainment news, Tyresee has been ordered by a judge in his child custody hearing, Yeah, to pay his ex wife, Samantha Gibson over six hundred thousand dollars for back child support and employer fees. Yeah, Tyrese doesn't have to pay it all at once. The judge set May fifteenth as the due date for about two hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars of it, but his attorney will file an appeal.
Speaker 2: Help us, god, yeah, help us.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, help us, Yeah, well help us with you don't need help because he come here bolone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, video load.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hear about it. We're gonna all hear about it.
Speaker 2: I told him when he put that album, I'll get ready.
Speaker 11: Okay, So well, six hundred thousand dollars in total, it's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: God, dog man, what I mean what that number just hit me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, number over six hundred thousand over Yeah, So.
Speaker 7: Let me help everybody understand because I've been I watched people.
Speaker 2: You know, don't know baby need that much money.
Speaker 7: That ain't what it is. That is not what child support is. If you have a baby with a woman, that baby, now, because he is yours or she is yours, is now your responsibility and that baby is owed by law the same lifestyle.
Speaker 2: That you bought him or hurt into the world with.
Speaker 7: You do not get to have a baby and go live your life in the lime life, flying balling and then put that baby over.
Speaker 2: There on welfare system somewhere.
Speaker 7: That ain't how the game work because having this baby was your decision. So having that baby was your decision. So the court's not finna let.
Speaker 2: That go like that. And then when you when you when you don't pay or haven't paid, they gonna come get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there are penalties involved in that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, but all y'all talking about, don't no baby need that much money for dippers in school. That's not what child support is. You bought a child into the world. You are responsible for the welfare of that child. You might as well just put your manhood pants on and wear them, because this is what it is. You know, everybody's talking about Kanye got to pay two million dollars. That ain't nothing to Kanye. What y'all talking about. It's just two million dollars, it's you'll do six billion out. Yeah, absolutely, they had this two million.
Speaker 11: It's like what two hundred thousand whatever? It is twenty thousand to a billionaire.
Speaker 7: You know, I know when you make one hundred thousand dollars a year and you see somebody have to make pay, make payment to six hundred thousand. Understand you had that, but y'alls please understand that ain't the way it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, thank you, thank you for breaking that down right. Yeah, his attorney will file an appeal.
Speaker 2: He won't he got paid that money.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Coming up at twenty we're moving on now.
Speaker 11: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, and trending aviation news, A drunk man arrested after peeking on a passenger during a flight from New York to India. We'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Morning show, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: And trending aviation news.
Speaker 11: A man on an American Airlines flight from New York to India peede on another passenger. That's right, you heard me correctly pede on another passenger. The pilot and crew said the passenger was heavily intoxicated and was repeatedly arguing with the operating crew, was not willing to be seated, and continuously endangering the safety of the crew and the aircraft while getting into an argument with a co passenger. That's when the guy peede on him. When the flight landed in India, the drunken, unruly man was arrested.
Speaker 7: Ooh, when the flight landed in India. Uh huh, the man was placed on a gurney, put him off the plane.
Speaker 1: That's how I would have read if you had been on that floor.
Speaker 7: After he came to at the hospital, he was arrested. Now you you you don't even need the police to come and get him off this plane. You need some paramedics, right, I promised you you peel on me. No, it is't nothing. This is gonna be longest flight you ever been off. Yeah, telling you you're not gonna believe this man, And I.
Speaker 2: Got to peeback on you. I got you got to bring me some more water.
Speaker 1: All I want is water.
Speaker 7: If you were the captain, I have just circle for a little while. Uh, this is your captain speaking up like I have your attention. Please, I understand what you've got to the stirring in the back of the plane. To my understanding, Pastor is you're NATed on another passion here. The reason we're serpents right now, So let full effect of that ass whipping. We're gonna probably add another hour and fifteen to.
Speaker 19: This flight into the circling motion that I'm going in, and I do hope you all understand. Please ignore the commotion in the back ofud flight attendants will be coming around and collecting all cups. There will be no more pe in on this flight, with no more soft drinks to be served, water or anything like that. So please you can have peanuts and sandwiches and things of that nature, but there will feed no more drama. Yeah, Captain, I understand that we're gonna cut out all this pe in on this flag right we've got We've got twelve more hours in and it's gonna be a minute, so just packly go to sleep trying to doze off, or we'll straighten this plate out showing enjoy the flight, doog.
Speaker 2: We'll get back to you later on shot a flight.
Speaker 11: But this is crazy, Captain, because this has happened before on an American airline's flight back in March, when another drunk passenger pete on a co passenger.
Speaker 1: So what is going on here?
Speaker 2: Once again, this is not involved in any black passengers. Obviously, we'll get back to you with the results of what's going.
Speaker 11: On coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour. We'll check in Steve's voicemail eight seven seven twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 11: Right after this you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now to check Steve's voicemail and if you would like to leave a message for Steve, call him eight seven seven twenty nine Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve, you might just hear your call on the air. This one, Steve, is from a substitute teacher in Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 14: Hey, Steve, this is Adrian.
Speaker 20: From Montgomery, Alabama. I just have a general question that I've think that y'all could share with the radio land. I just want to know what do you think it's a difference between the kids today and in the last year, well in the old generations, and what would you say is needed in order for that to change, because we've been seeing and hearing about so many dealts, disrespect, all kinds of things that I just don't remember seeing growing up. And I'm only thirty four.
Speaker 21: So as the two teachers, I've seen it.
Speaker 20: I've witnessed it, and it's just the discuss it's just disgusting to the honest. So I just wanted to, you know, maybe spread this and try to figure out what the issue is.
Speaker 7: Well, two things that I know of when they remove prayer from school. See, when you remove prayer, that's an invitation for everything else. And then you just have an overall loss of respect for people who are older than you. When you remove prayer, and then you take away respect. It's the wild, wild West, and here we go. And like that young lady was saying that, that to me is the overriding problem, because look, you can't reprimend these kids anymore.
Speaker 2: They stripped people in authority.
Speaker 7: They were stripped all their authority and giving it over to a child who does not have the bandwidth to make the decisions that they are being allowed to make. You just don't have the bandwidth for it. Yet you don't even know.
Speaker 11: Who you are life experience, yes, yes, and that disrespect that girl.
Speaker 18: Remember that video where the girl hit the teacher because she took her phone. She recently sentenced to a year. No, the girl that hit the teachers. So there's some anger issues to disrespect.
Speaker 1: What is going on with these kids, mate.
Speaker 7: It's you and it's parenting too, yes, because you we got too many parents today who are trying to be their children's friend instead of the parent. And so now y'all going to the mall, dressing the light, talking, laughing, talking to people, letting your baby because why you in present? You can't cuss around me as much as I cuss and to you and till you paying bills. We as wool. My father told me and my brother you bet not ever let your blankety blank mama. Hear no blankety blank coming out your blanket mouth.
Speaker 1: He was talking to us like that.
Speaker 7: You're right, righty, and he was clear about it. So me and my brothers as much as we cussed when it came to my mama. Man, oh no, oh no, no, no on listen to me, man, I'm sixty six years old. Do you know when I'm talking to old people I refer to them. Yes, ma'am, no, ma'am, yes, yes, of course this day. Yeah, and I damn an older person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how we were raised. The kids today aren't raised like that.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many kids try to talk to Steve, say your ass, I'm not Steve, I'm mister Harvey. Hello nine talking about.
Speaker 1: Some Yes, we equal exactly Steve.
Speaker 2: But it's not talk that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. It's like we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Talk, it was different, so automatic. We just knew that.
Speaker 18: Why these parents today teaching their children what we learned generation the generation some of.
Speaker 2: Them, some of them are missing it. And then we in the me, me, ME, I, I I generation.
Speaker 7: This Instagram promote me and I and to whether point, you are the most important person in the uniforse verse.
Speaker 2: According to Instagram. You don't even look at yourself. I got it.
Speaker 7: If I got somebody who works for me, though very very talented, but in their mind they meet already what.
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 2: And I keep telling them, bro listening to me, I don't under it takes a long time to get here. You can't and you just pay the man respect that you that you.
Speaker 1: That you haven't heard, Okay, Okay, it's good conversation.
Speaker 12: Yeah, good call.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you for bringing that up.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Uh, coming up, it's a prank phone call from the nephew right after this you're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is we have nothing in common with her. All right, we'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is time for the nephews prank. Come there I go again, prank combe fall, prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got nef, Well, we.
Speaker 2: Gonna get a little stupid this morning, y'all. That's right here. You know, it's a b it's a birthday.
Speaker 13: You're into somebody's birthday, and and I want to make sure I get them something, you know, and I want to get them something nice.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's nice.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you. This right here is your wife's birthday. Your wife's birthday, you know, and I just feel like it's polite for me to call and talk to the man and ask him, you know, and make sure we not getting the same thing, you know, for your wife. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You ain't no sense in her getting the same thing. So let's let's talk this out.
Speaker 13: What you're gonna get or what I'm gonna get her, you know, but I want to get her something nice and sexy. You know what I'm saying. So your wife's birthday, okay? And I don't see nothing wrong with this. Let's go catch them.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 17: Hello, I'm trying to reach there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's up, Hey, Darren Man? What's going on?
Speaker 17: Brother's Uh my name is Chris Man. I work with I work with your wife, Sharon. I think I think I'm a senior at one of the one of the gatherings before man, like a happy hour we had after work or something. I don't know if you remember me or not. Now I don't remember you, Okay, okay, okay, cool. Hey listen, man, I know sharing birthday is coming up, so I wanted to if you don't mind, I hope you don't mind me called. I wanted to reach out and see if you were you know, what you were getting her for a birthday. I wanted to make sure you know we're gonna pitch in and get us some at the job. We wanna make sure you know we didn't get you know, you know what you may have be donna get her.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, kind of like something like a grab bag or something like that.
Speaker 17: Uh No, I wasn't gonna get it with no grab man. I was just you know, like I said, we were gonna get something. You know, we haven't really put our put our all the thoughts to it or what we was gonna get yet. I want I personally want to see what you was getting that way.
Speaker 8: We don't, you know, do Okay?
Speaker 15: Well, she likes money, man, you can you know, uh give us some give us some cash or you know, Starbucks card or uh something from McDonald something. You know, it don't have to be too big. She she don't uh you don't have to you know. She she's at that materialistic.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, let me let me let me ask you this. So d uh do you uh you know what a size is?
Speaker 8: Do I know what a size is?
Speaker 17: Still like clothing?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 8: Do you know what side she will?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know what size she's like, she's my wife.
Speaker 15: Man, what I think this is kind of like I'm getting a little bit uncomfortable with this, man, What do.
Speaker 6: You do you think?
Speaker 21: You know?
Speaker 17: I don't mean to make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 17: Do you think she she would like? Uh? Does she like stuff from Victoria's Secret?
Speaker 15: WHOA hold up?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 8: Stop right there? You talking about what?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 6: I like, I said, I want what what you hey?
Speaker 8: What's your name again?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 17: My name Chris? Like like I said earlier, my name Chris.
Speaker 15: How long you been with the company?
Speaker 17: I don't want have been there six months?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 17: But like I said, I think I saw you at one of the happy y'all I saw maybe you just don't remember who I am though, No, no.
Speaker 15: No, man, but you way out of line talking about her size. And I'm not comfortable with this at all.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 15: You know okay, okay, your way out, your way out of line?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: But what what?
Speaker 6: What's what?
Speaker 17: You didn't answer? My question was, what do you think she liked?
Speaker 21: Victorious Secrets?
Speaker 15: Going to answer your questions?
Speaker 8: Keep talking about? Okay, okay, what's what's what?
Speaker 21: What?
Speaker 8: What's the language?
Speaker 17: Brother?
Speaker 8: What's what's her?
Speaker 21: We're brothers, you know we we we ain't no brothers, you fool? What do you get on asking me about my wife's clothes.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, all right, okay, talk without Okay, What all I'm saying is is do you think she gonna like the victorious secret.
Speaker 8: I will give her?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Man, just up stup with that?
Speaker 17: Do you know how long we've been together?
Speaker 21: I know this woman since high school.
Speaker 14: Don't come to me with that.
Speaker 17: Okay. So so I was just trying to get up.
Speaker 8: What what? What?
Speaker 15: What time do you guys get off?
Speaker 17: I'm coming off. I lead off at five thirty. But I was gonna leave her.
Speaker 15: I mean, right, hey, we can talk about this faith to faith.
Speaker 17: Hey, listen, I'm trying to get listen what I ain't gotta listen to me? I'm trying to get shared a pandem Broth said, man, okay, hey, you ain't buying my wife and she wouldn't even accept it anyway.
Speaker 8: Okay, hey man, how.
Speaker 6: You get this number?
Speaker 8: How you get this number?
Speaker 15: I know she didn't give you this.
Speaker 17: Let me tell you howt there? I got it from your wife, Sharon, because guess who I am? I am nephew Toppy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Sharon got me to Frank phone call you.
Speaker 8: What there there?
Speaker 17: This happened man, this is nephew tommy brother.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 15: This is some boys, This is some real books. This is some straight up boys. Hey man, you ain't white man. You know you need to stop with people, you know, because you might get you might somebody might be waiting for you have to work one day? Man, that's totally wrong.
Speaker 8: You ever heard of karma? I heard somebody gonna play a prank on your one day?
Speaker 15: Your uncle is right, somebody's gonna work your It's just amunt of time.
Speaker 8: Oh man?
Speaker 17: All right, all right, Darren, before I get mad, well, will you please tell the people what is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 8: Steve Harvey Show, reimb I told.
Speaker 13: Y'all Monday, I say, I'm trying to raise the level of stupido to start with Monday and just climbaced it out by the end of the week.
Speaker 9: Didn't I tell y'all that? Did I tell y'all that it's been, It's been. It's been eating it all week though. I'm just gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know. We talk about climb acting, what is that You're already up there? Okay?
Speaker 13: Well that that takes me where I'm going Saturday. Baby, I'm already talking about the catch big baby Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about?
Speaker 13: You talking about my stupid It has to rise and get me to the level of where I'm trying to be. Come on, somebody, prank praise and time. It is prank praising time in the building.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, this couple comes in to your show.
Speaker 13: Yeah, why why would he be upset that I'm trying to get the woman something? I mean, I'm getting us something he getting. I mean, that's the more to marry. Don't you think I don't. I don't who you're encouraging.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm right. That's right. My uncle with me. That's what I'm talking about the other day. I'm with you till he comes.
Speaker 22: You would you would you were jealous of your nepht I know they call you, he said, And especially when a dude tried to start something.
Speaker 7: It just really it almost irked me to see a man seemed to me like you're jealous to tell me you know the picture gonna change, It should change, you know, But what did you do for.
Speaker 2: A damn Oh boy? I want I want to I want to hear oh jealous behind it?
Speaker 1: Called me lie seemed to me like, you know.
Speaker 7: The picture changed said, but you know what it is, man, there's a lot of people who actually think that. See I'm gonna win my event. Uh see, this ain't a game. This is a contest. And in my division, I already have blue ribbons. See I didn't know who got the biggest punkin at the fair contest.
Speaker 2: I might lose that, who ex kid me?
Speaker 7: But but if I'm in the who got the best Steve Harvey contest, I'm gonna win.
Speaker 2: That air time.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your only competition is you.
Speaker 2: I get the blue ribbon. Goals to me, that's what.
Speaker 1: Nephew got his.
Speaker 7: That's right, nephew in the world what you got seven years on TV, got a show gold in the syndication.
Speaker 11: Right, yeah, Winny, Thank you guys. Coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is we have nothing in common with her. We'll get into that right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know, this one right here could be your.
Speaker 13: Mm hm, You never know, buckle Loven, hold on tight. We got it for you, And here it is Strawbery.
Speaker 11: Letta subject we have nothing in common with her, Dear Stephen Shirley. In our friends group, there are three married couples that hang out together. My brother in law got divorced two years ago and he felt awkward being the only single person in the group, so he stopped hanging with us. We are planning to go on our annual summer trip to the Cayman Islands in June, and we've invited my brother in law. So my brother in law brought his new chick as in chickadee or baby bird to our house so my husband and I could meet her. He's forty two and she's twenty eight. But her age isn't the issue. It's her bird brain that's the problem. She even sounds like a little bird. After a while, she had no stance on racial injustice, the upcoming presidential race, or inflation. She said that none of that affects her because she doesn't watch the news, and she does all all of her shopping online. My husband and I were trying not to laugh, and my brother in law was making faces at us, trying to get us to stop clowning. She's a pretty girl, and she knew a lot about clip ons for curly hair and a rotel dip recipes she saw on TikTok.
Speaker 1: But that is about it. It's obvious why my brother in law is dating this woman.
Speaker 11: And a few days after their visit, my husband sent a group text to our married couples group telling everyone that his brother would be joining us on our trip. I was pissed, so I responded to let the group know that my brother in law's new chick will be coming with him. I know my girls, and we don't have and we do not have anything at all in common with this young and the other wives don't want this unmarried woman in the house. Why do we have to entertain a woman that isn't going to be around long. My husband knows how I feel, but he won't tell his brother that she's not welcome.
Speaker 1: Should I tell his brother?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 11: What is all this judgment and this ridicule of this young woman about? I mean, is this a vacation or is this a test, some sort of final exam. You just met this woman.
Speaker 1: Give her a break.
Speaker 11: She doesn't she doesn't know any of this. Okay, she doesn't have to know all the stuff that's going on just to go on a trip with you guys. Now, admittedly, maybe she should be aware of what's going on in the world, but she's got Instagram. She knows what she needs to know at her age. I guess she said she doesn't watch the news. A lot of people don't watch the news. But and anyway, this is not a requirement to go on a vacation. You're supposed to be having fun. I think you guys are a tough crowd. You need to loosen up a bit. I mean, she's not dating you. She's dating your brother in law. You've already gossiped about her with the other ladies on the trip. You don't have to entertain her. She's dating your brother in law, so he'll make sure she has a good time. Okay, that's not your job. Anyway. We all know, we all know the real reason you don't want her there. It's what you said. You don't want this unmarried, younger woman around your husband's that's it. In a nutshell, You and your girlfriend sound like a bunch of old, busybodies, bitter busybodies.
Speaker 1: I say, stop hating, give this young woman a chance and make her feel welcome. What is wrong with that?
Speaker 11: What you guys are doing is mean trying to uninvite her. I mean, where are your manners? Why would you treat a guest this way? You need to stay out of your brother in law's business and be gracious to him and his girl unless they give you a reason to act otherwise, Go and enjoy your trip.
Speaker 1: Leave them alone, Steve.
Speaker 2: We have nothing in common with her. He do, right, he do?
Speaker 7: I agree with everything Shereley said. So it's gonna be hard for me to find an angle here, but I try. Okay, In our friends group there are three men couples that hang out together. Your brother in law got divorced. That's your husband's brother.
Speaker 2: He felt awkward being the only single person in the group, so he stopped hanging with you.
Speaker 7: There you go, ain't no problem. He don't want to be the seventh wheel, sixth wheel.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 7: We're planning to go on our annual summer trip to Cayman, Islands in June. Okay, we've invited my brother in law. So my brother in law brought his new chick. Now you invited this man, but now he don't want to go on the trip. Everybody got somebody I'd have been to the Camans. Ain't nobody over there to meet. I'm telling you this Brazil.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now he could have went to Brazil by hisself and been just fine. Ain't nobody to meet in the Camans.
Speaker 7: Beautiful place, I strongly suggest to vich cause the hotel it is wonderful. They got a nine hole golf course that you can walk to every day and just play it twice. That will gets your eighteens. Is very challenging. It's hard to coast off, is hard.
Speaker 17: To me in.
Speaker 7: So now it ain't nobody over there, so he won't take somebody. Y'all invited him on the summer trip. So your brother in law brought his new chick as a chick of d or a baby bird to our house so my husband and I could meet her. He's forty two, she's twenty eight. That ain't that's fourteen years. Ain't bad. She's twenty eight, she grown, he's forty two. But her age isn't the issue. It's her bird brain that's the problem. She even sounds like a little bird after Why that ain't the problem, that little twenty eight year old thing?
Speaker 2: Fine? His hell flat stumba up? Oh no, it ain't had no kids yet. Skin smooth body Say that again? Body? Bang it.
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 7: You trying to put it on her brain? Oh it's start, would it be? But it ain't the brain, it's her body. Help bud.
Speaker 1: All right, hold that thought, Steve.
Speaker 2: Beauty and her booty right there.
Speaker 11: We'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour, the subject we have nothing in common with her.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter, the subject we have nothing in common with her?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 7: Oh this woman? They got a far and free in group of three married couples hang out together. Your brother in law he got divorced a couple of years ago, so he felt awkward being the only single person. He quit hanging out. So you all are planning to going on y'all's annual trip to the Cayman Islands, in June, and we've invited my brother in law.
Speaker 2: Y'all invited him. So now your brother in law bought his new chick.
Speaker 7: As in chickadee or bird baby tie house to my husband and I could meet her. We going on the trip. Just want you to get to know her because she coming. He forty two, she twenty eight. But her age ain't the issue. It's her bird brain that's the problem. She even sounds like a little buried after a while, or ain't got nothing to do with her brain. It's that body, that little girl banging, man, the little girl, the little girl strong. She's standing up in there, shoulders back, arching her back, shoulders back.
Speaker 2: It ain't the brain. It's the body, all right.
Speaker 7: It's just the legs. It's when she crossed her legs. She got pretty feet, flat stomach and that body banging. Lord, now you gonna put it on brain. She has no stance on racial issue. She could be from an interracial family.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 7: Then you said she has no stance on racial injustice, the upcoming presidential race, or inflation. I don't have no opinion on inflation, my damn self, nor have I ever what inflation got do with me.
Speaker 17: It is.
Speaker 7: It costs what it costs. They don't put this percentage on it. If you don't want it, you can't get it. You got to buy. So I don't care about it. And the upcoming presidential election, what difference it makes, it's gonna be Donald Trump gets Biden.
Speaker 2: What ch'all want to talk about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she said that none of that affects her because she doesn't watch the news and she does all of her shopping online. Yes, yes, see right there, that's this new generation. That's where they act. They don't get their news from seeing in like you. My husband and I were trying not to laugh, and my brother in law was making face out of us, trying to get us to stop.
Speaker 2: Then she didn't. Here she goes she's a pretty girl. Oh I know, I know she find as hell. I know how this is a girl right here. Strong.
Speaker 7: She's strong, and she knew a lot about clip ins for curly hair and row tail dip recipes she saw on TikTok. But that's about it. Okay, it's obvious my brother in law's dating this woman. It's obvious why my brother in laws dating this woman?
Speaker 2: Okay, I know that. Okay, So that's why he dating up Now, y'all ask him on the trip, and this is who he bringing.
Speaker 7: A few days after their visit, my husband's in a group text I married a couple group telling everybody that his brother would be joining us on the trip.
Speaker 2: This is his brother. I was pissed. Why you pissed?
Speaker 7: Because he bringing her. Y'all gonna be out the beach. She gonna be on that beach with that body. She gonna be on that beach with her babe and suit on her little fire and he with them little clip ears, all that curly hell. You know your husband's gonna be going.
Speaker 14: What what.
Speaker 2: Her time she come out, they're gonna be hitting each other, look at it. Uh huh. That's what the real problem is.
Speaker 7: And what So I responded to let the group that my brother in law's new chick would be coming with him. I know my girl, and we don't have anything at all in coming with this young man. Okay you might not, so the otherwives don't want this unmarried woman in the house.
Speaker 2: She not coming to your house. The unmarried woman.
Speaker 7: Wasn't y'all the chick at one point, wasn't y'all just dating y'all's husband at one point. Now, why all of a sudden, the requirement is to already be married. Y'all know what y'all got to do to get married? Quit playing this game mistreating this young girl? Do we have to want entertain a woman that isn't going to be around long? You don't know that My husband knows how we feel, but he won't tell his brother she's not welcome. Why she not welcome? Should I tell his brother? You're gonna you're gonna mess up your relationship with your husband. You don't go to your husband's brother to straighten him out, by the damn thing. Now, let me explain something to you. You don't own can kon? I mean, excuse me. You don't own the Caymans. You don't own the Caymans. This ain't your trip. Your trip is you and your husband's portion up. The girl is gonna be sleeping in his room, and Lord, Lord, have mercy, what's gonna be going.
Speaker 6: On over there?
Speaker 13: An?
Speaker 7: Come on, look that y'all's husband gonna see on his face, gonna explain it all?
Speaker 10: Happiness, happiness, little birdie, fine, this hell, little Bertie got all y'all beat y'all, I don't want the competition.
Speaker 2: Oh she might not know nothing. She damn show looked like something. And that's what the problem is. That's hope she come.
Speaker 7: I hope y'all throw up. Get them heavy ass wraps out, get all them MoU.
Speaker 1: MoU gowns out.
Speaker 2: Brody gets you some heels.
Speaker 7: Asking that gil folks, you will get here, so baby girl coming.
Speaker 11: Comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast. Wait going up at forty six minutes after the hour. We got Sports Talk with Junior right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 11: All right, it is that time, and it's time for Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Junior. What you got here?
Speaker 2: We go every year?
Speaker 9: Sure, it's that time. The NFL drafts us tonight. I know we're gonna mess it up like we always do. Man, y'all got the second pick. We got the second Pickna, we ain't got to know.
Speaker 2: Damn body we got de Shaun Watson. We ain't got pick. We ain't gonna be picking till next three easters.
Speaker 9: Man, just make us nervous with the number two pick. Time man, Now we should get a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Time.
Speaker 2: We need a quarter Yeah, we need a quarterback.
Speaker 9: But now they talking about the Texas may take you know, Will Anderson, you know, lying back out of Alabama.
Speaker 1: We might get him, but we're gonna mess it up. We don't never. Yeah, wait, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Who is who is Will and Well? First of all, it's Will Will.
Speaker 7: He's probably the top defensive player in the draft. Yeah, but we're gonna y'all not see see who y'all need to pick this Richardson, Anthony Richardson out of Florida, Out of Florida. That's yeah, everybody sleeping on this kid. They got him the number fourth quarterback.
Speaker 8: Gone.
Speaker 2: They done picked that white boy out of uh, Kentucky, Kentucky.
Speaker 12: His ass.
Speaker 7: Find to get right on in line with Zach Wilson, that damn all ignorant ass and Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go get right on over there, right on over there with him.
Speaker 7: They're gonna sleep on that boy. And that boy Richardson is gonna be something special. Man. Man, he running full three four four fok. He's an athlete. Y'all need the football player over there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: What about c. J.
Speaker 9: Stroud on horse that you think he's really really good? Okay, okay, what about Bryce Young and Alabama?
Speaker 1: Could we use him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But he gonna be gone though, Bryce Young, he gone number one, number one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, cause we're gonna mess it up. I know we're gonna we're gonna draft somebody. Yeah, y'all gonna mess it up cause y'all y'all draft like Cleveland. Yeah, we're gonna draft. We're gonna draft somebody named Jason A Mecca for out of Tornch University.
Speaker 1: I ain't never heard of his aim.
Speaker 2: We don't know who is all the school?
Speaker 9: How the school? He ain't got no film on ESPN. He never played a televised game. We ain't never seen him.
Speaker 2: And he's number two. I many good picks we got after number two? Oh man, we got uh, we got we got. Y'all got two picks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got, We got it because we'll see what happened though, we're just gonna find out.
Speaker 7: We may not what y'all need to do, but he ain't gonna come, so we canna stop all that. What y'all need to go up there and get Lamar Gonnaign and then take that pick and get you uh uh a left tackle.
Speaker 2: We need all of that up. We're gonna see what happened. I'm excited. We just don't see. I know were gonna mess it up here. We ain't even gonna draft nobody this year, so.
Speaker 1: I thank you, Junior.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, someone on social media, Steve needs some advice.
Speaker 1: I don't want my husband to work from home. We'll talk about it right after you're.
Speaker 12: Listening Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Livetta on Facebook rights my job let me go fully remote in twenty twenty, and it's worked out pretty well. I had an infant at home at the time, and it's allowed us to avoid paying for childcare. Over the last couple of years, I've gotten into a groove and I am able to get my work done, spend time with my daughter, and take care of the house well.
Speaker 1: Now my husband has.
Speaker 11: An opportunity to work from home, and he wants to do it, but I really don't want him to. I feel like having him at home all day is going to throw my whole system into chaos. And I don't even know how to approach talking to him out of working from home. Do you have any advice for me? This is from Levetta Steve, she needs some advice. Helka help you?
Speaker 7: Okay, I have no suggestions whatsoever. Yeah, Risk, I'll throw you off. But now he has an opportunity to work from home. Who wants to go to work when you can already being one? So you know, and and you he watching you make a success of it. Now he got the same opportunity. It may afford you even more time because now you might be able to split up the child keeping portion of it and actually get away a little bit during the day, so it could be an advantage. I have no suggestions for you.
Speaker 2: Good luck. Next question, well, all right, chief Love officer, don't know everything. Go ahead, all right, Steve.
Speaker 11: This one's from Dominic on Steve Harvey FM. Dominic says, it long last my wife and I had made plans to go on a vacation, but there is now a downside. Somehow my wife got guilted into inviting her sister along, who gave birth to a baby girl six months ago and has been complaining because she hasn't gotten to go anywhere for a year and a half. How do I get to my wife to resend that invite?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Once again, if the baby ain't coming, you know, just let your sister come, right, you know, dog, go go find your cigar lounge over there. After baby coming, go to the hell. No, cancel the trip, dog, that's gonna be hell. It's like with a baby the carriage to see you can't go to dinner, you know. Yeah, that's what I said, the flight so I mean, you know, look, just look, cancel the trip.
Speaker 11: Dog.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: If the baby ain't coming, then go on vacation, have a couple of dinners with your wife alone. Invite your sisters to a couple of dinners, and then find yourself a cigar ball, go out on that beach, smoke one. Let them walk and talk, and these sisters give him some sister time, you know, and and and brother. That's it, but you can make the best of it. It's a sister that's coming, so yeah, they gonna want to talk a lot. But then that give you some time for some me time, unless you just like being stuck up under your wife all the damn time.
Speaker 2: You stupid what yell you.
Speaker 1: You didn't really mean.
Speaker 2: I met every word of it from the breath of my soul. Dog. Everybody needs some me time, don't you? Who you are. How much you love nobody. It's good to be able to go do. Man, your sister, your mom, your your your wife. Gonna take her sisters to the spa. Yeah, man, let them go while they have to spark yourself sing, I go sit at the pool, put your glasses on, enjoy the scenery. A lot of scenery around the pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But if the baby is coming, he gonna be the baby, little baby.
Speaker 23: It ain't nowhere in the hell castle. Oh wow, yeah, oh wow, that's gonna be a lot a baby. Yeah, it's six months bowl baby. That's what makes me think the baby is coming.
Speaker 1: Six month baby baby.
Speaker 9: Teeth, Oh, that baby coming, teeth too, welling the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where's the horror line?
Speaker 12: No baby or jem.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, here's some good news for a change about gun control. The state of Washington's Democratic governor A Insley on Tuesday signed three gun regulation bills into law, including one that bans the making, purchase, and importation of assault weapons while surrounded by the families of shooting victims. Governor Insley said, no one needs an AR fifteen to protect your family, true, no one. Okay, you only needed to kill other families. Other bills passed require safety training for gun users, as well as a ten day waiting period to purchase a gun. And we hope other states will follow Washington's lead. Yes, it's about time someone did something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, Finally, truer words have never been to Yeah.
Speaker 11: No one's yeah, saving lives, that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's some kind of It's not just thoughts and prayers. Here's the governor.
Speaker 18: Here's a Democratic leader who was trying to make a change, who's doing.
Speaker 11: Words into actions, absolutely and not just talking.
Speaker 1: Yes, we wish other states will follow lead.
Speaker 11: And absolutely how many people have to die for you all to do something something?
Speaker 1: You gotta do something, You gotta do something. So thank you. Working. It's not working what we're doing. What you're not doing is not working. Which you're not doing. Isn't that obvious? All right? Well, thank you to Democratic Governor Jay Ainsley.
Speaker 11: This just happened on Tuesday, all right, coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around of would you rather? Right after this, you're listening hard Morning show, It's time now for a round of would you rather?
Speaker 1: Would you rather?
Speaker 12: Guys?
Speaker 11: Would you rather stub your baby toe once a week? Or would you rather just lose a thumb? Stub your baby toe once a week or lose the thumb.
Speaker 2: We just got to keep stubbing the hell out of them. Lose a limb. No, I'm gonna go and deal with just toe. I'm wear some boots, some steel toe tomorrow. This bad boy gonna have so much pad on it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Wrap that baby toe up. Yeah, we take that baby toe off. We're not taking that thumb.
Speaker 1: Be unbalanced.
Speaker 2: I work through that.
Speaker 7: I'll go sit down somewhere. Can Yeah, but you button your last shirt. You take that thumb, allright?
Speaker 1: Would you would you rather be.
Speaker 2: Meg gonna have a real problem going to the bathroom without that thumb?
Speaker 11: Would you rather be bitten by ten mosquitoes or stung by five bees?
Speaker 2: Mosquitoes? Really by ten mosquitos, yet you're stung?
Speaker 6: No suck.
Speaker 2: Joke.
Speaker 11: Okay, that was easy. Would you rather drink a gallon of milk within an hour? Or eat two jars of pickles within an hour.
Speaker 9: Give me pickles, pickles, Jerry that much milk, Yeah, No, I'm gonna trink that milk.
Speaker 1: Drink milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna make that damn milk. I ain't trying to choke these pickles down.
Speaker 7: You don't even understand what's gonna happens.
Speaker 2: Drink the juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love pickles, dill especially, Yeah, lacto t.
Speaker 2: So I drink his milk. Yeah, I ain't supposed to be having there either.
Speaker 7: But when I ain't gonna need these two jaws a day, I think y'all understand that's not a lot of a city going down your throat. I don't think you understand what the pickles gonna do to you. Your system is gonna be jacked up.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 11: Would you rather have a permanent splinter under your big toe, your big toenail, you know? Or would you rather have a permanent paper cut on your finger? So splinter on your under your toenail.
Speaker 2: You can give me that damn paper cut.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Oh yeah, you're not gonna understand that splinter under your toe nail.
Speaker 2: No, we gotta get these tweeks. We don't get that out of you're talking about a bad foot.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 11: Would you rather have someone tell you the brutal truth or have them lie to you to protect your feelings?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: You protect? Yeah, to me, because I'm gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: So but you don't want the truth, the truth that serves no purpose in your life.
Speaker 2: I don't need just overrated, get it and spare my.
Speaker 1: Feelings because I'm gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was thinking about you all night. I was thinking about you all night.
Speaker 11: Coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, it's our last break of the day, and we'll keept some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 1: Here we are with just one more thing and your closing remarks. What you have for us today, sir.
Speaker 7: Today, I want to share something inspirational to all of you. Again, I want you all to understand some It's not that I know everything, because I don't, but I have been through quite a bit. My life has been a walking testimonial. If I'm allowed to say that, I am a walking testimony of the power of prayer, what prayer can do to change a person. I am a walking testament of what grace and mercy is. Because God has forgiven me thousands of times. He has poured into my life above and beyond anything that I ever really imagined I have. You know, it amazes me when people say always knew I be here. I can't say that, because how can I say I always knew i'd be here when I didn't even know here existed. I had imagined some things, but I am beyond what I was capable of imagining back as a child.
Speaker 2: What how would I know any of this? And so what I want to talk to you all about is a couple of things that it takes to become successful, and if you're willing to do a couple of things, you can be successful.
Speaker 7: One of the things is first things First, the Bible says a man without a dream or vision shall perish. So first thing, you gotta want something. You gotta have some dreams. But after you have these dreams, you have to convert the dream into goals. The only way to convert a dream into a goal is to start planning how to make the dream come true, and then start taking the necessary steps towards the goal, which can still be your dream now here's the cool thing about taking that step in the right direction towards your dreams. Your dreams can change, which means the goal will change and your dream will change along the way because you're going to get exposed and see some things that you didn't even know existed before, and you'll add that to the vision board, and then and then and then, and then you make that a new goal. It's just gonna be a lot of that. And so what you have to do is you have to keep on pushing. You have to keep pressing forward because all of that is going to change, Trust me, it will. So you got to convert the dreams into goals. That's simple, making those dreams have a plan of action. The next thing you're gonna have to do is you're going to have to be willing to give up some free time. You got to get rid of free time. Time is something you can never get back, and free time often is wasted time. I'm not saying you can't have no free time, because everybody needs some free time, but you gotta limit the free time until you get to where you're going. See when you see a person who's wealthy taking some time off, they've accumulated some stuff where they can take some time off. But if you check to check, you ain't got that.
Speaker 2: You don't have that.
Speaker 7: See, wealthy people accumulate time and wealth, so they have a reserve. So when they out of work for five eight weeks, they still got income coming.
Speaker 2: They still got money being made.
Speaker 7: But for those of you that's on the hustle and the grind, you gotta cut into some of that free time. Take some of that free time and turn it into productive time. See it's PT time. See FT is free time, but PT is productive time. And you've got to swap those two out so you can take advantage of your times in the day. People ask me all the time, man, how you do all that that you be doing. I got the same twenty four everybody else got. I've just decided to remove some of the free time and replace it with productive time.
Speaker 2: And then here's the deal.
Speaker 7: I spend all my time building my dreams, so when I get some time, I can live my dreams.
Speaker 2: Do you understand me? That's the exchange that you have to be willing to make. Y'all.
Speaker 7: Success is not gonna walk up to the door and just present itself in a basket, ring the doorbell and walk off and you open it up in there.
Speaker 6: It is the male man.
Speaker 7: Don't drop it off. It's a grind and a hustle. I say it all the time. The dream is absolutely free. The hustle is sold separately. I'm on the hustle man. I invite you to get on the hustle, and folks, you can do it. You can do it man, if you if you swap out some of this free time for productive time, if you take all this stuff you dream. Nothing comes to a dreamer but some more dreams. Eventually. You gotta swap those dreams out and replace the dreams with goals. If you're dreaming of a big house, you gotta make the goal a big house. If you're dreaming of owning a business one day, you gotta make that owning a business a goal. It's gotta be a necessity. You gotta want to be successful like you want nothing else. You gotta want it.
Speaker 2: You gotta break it, you breathe it, you gotta dream, dream, dream it.
Speaker 7: You gotta live it. You gotta eat it, you gotta taste it. You gotta want it. You gotta get funky to get it. You got to get funky. To get it, man, you got to have a lot of dog in you. So if you want to be successful, convert those dreams into goals. Keep on dreaming and just keep converting them into more goals. Take some of that free time, get rid of it, and turn it into productive time. You can change the course of your life. That's the truth thing, all right.
Speaker 12: Steve dropping out