Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: All at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given the.
Speaker 5: Black bus busy listen to show.
Speaker 6: I don't joy Yah, yeah, joy.
Speaker 2: They show.
Speaker 7: You gotta.
Speaker 8: Love you, you gotta turn.
Speaker 9: Got to turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn mouth turn out, turn the water the water.
Speaker 4: Look, come on, come on, you'll think.
Speaker 10: Uh huh, I said, will good morning everybody. You all listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man, old man, oh Man symbolizes just one thing to me. Man, It's just a constant remind of exactly how good God has.
Speaker 2: Been to me over the years.
Speaker 10: And I'm thanking for it too, because I realize every day that I wake up that I would be nothing without Him. That everything I am, that's any good in me, I owe to him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: Have I made some mistakes along the way? Yep, bunches, bunches and bunches. And will I continue to make mistakes along the way?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 10: Not as many, hopefully as I have in the past, because a lot of stuff I know better now. But you're still going to make mistakes now, you know, hopefully I've limited the amount of intentional error in my life. I've wiped quite a few of those out. But from time to time, because we're human, we're going to make a mistake every now and then.
Speaker 2: The trick, what it is, y'all, is.
Speaker 10: Not to let the devil deceive you into thinking that once you make that mistake that that's it. You can't do it. You're falling off the wagon. You can't reboard it. That's the biggest trick that he uses. He makes you think that if you keep stumbling, that you can't run the race. It kind of reminds me of a marathon runner. From time to time, I watch them on TV, and you'll see some people who finish the race, you know, in a nice pace. You see people finish the race sprinting towards the finished line. But every now and then you'll watch a marathon and you'll see a runner and the runner is in really, really a bad shape. The key is they finish the race. See, you don't get disqualified in the marathon because you stumble.
Speaker 2: You don't. They don't.
Speaker 10: They don't take your opportunity to finish the race because you keep falling.
Speaker 2: That's not the key. The key is finishing.
Speaker 10: And a lot of times what the devil does is he makes you think that because you keep stumbling, because you're swaying from side to side, that you know you out the race. Well, that's not the case. And see and then this thing called life. Let me help you understand something. Everybody falls, Nobody sprints to the tape in this one. Nobody just runs free and clear. That has some people running faster than you and all like this, and some people gonna get to the end before you let them go ahead. And when the end come, the end come. I ain't in the rust. You get to the end. But in this race, though, when you're stumbling and you're falling, it's a part of it. No one gets through this race without stumbling and falling, swaying from side to side. So don't let the enemy deceive you in the thinking that it's over. I try to be encouraging to people because I don't want people to get stuck on this thing, you know. And my walk is very different from a lot of people's walks. And then I know a lot of people who walking in faith the way I'm walking in faith. But my thing in the morning is just to remind those that is not a perfect walk man, that it's not something that's set up where you're gonna be skipping through life scott free without any pitfalls. You know, I keep saying it over and over and over again because, like I said, when I was in DC, my boy Hondo said this to me and it just kind of stuck with me that the road to construct, the road to success is always under construction. Have to figure and count on the setbacks and the pitfalls. But it's those people that that that that are that fight through will be the victors in the end. You cannot give up, man, Stop going somewhere and sitting down every time something goes down. It's going to go down. It's a part of it. It's going to happen. It's going to occur that are going to be setbacks. If you go and sit down every time there's a setback, that's not how this works.
Speaker 2: It is designed that way.
Speaker 10: If success were easy, everybody would be successful. But success is just reserved for those who are willing to fight through, who refuse to settle for mediocrity, who wants something more. Now, don't get me wrong. Success is defined by each individual so what I may consider to be successful, you may not consider that. You know what Bill Gates considered successful. I might not consider what Michael Jordan considered successful. I might not consider what you consider successful. Your boss might not consider. You have to define what that is for yourself. It may not be monetary at all. You know, your level of success could be tied up in community service. It could be tied up in family. It could be tied up in the church. Your level of success could be tied up into boys clubs. It could be any number of things. Whatever your level of success is, you have to determine what that is you and the best way to determine that is to get in touch with your maker, who created you, to find out what your mission and your purpose is so he can put you on track. I just had this conversation with my son and we were talking about getting on the.
Speaker 2: Path that God has set up for you.
Speaker 10: Many times we find ourselves fighting through life because of so much uncertainty, because we have no idea where we're headed. It's like one of my sayings that I have at my mentoring camp for boys is is that a boy without a male role model is like an explorer without a map. See if you don't have a map laid out in front of you of where you're going when you wake up every day, that pretty much explains the feeling of confusion, the laxadaisical attitude, the lack of purpose, to not understanding your mission because you don't have not gotten in touch with your creator to find out exactly what your path in life is. What are you supposed to be doing? The moment you can identify that is the moment that you get started waking up with purpose, with the sense of direction. When you kill the sense of I don't know what's next or what to do. Now, there's going to be some confusing moments no matter what happened, it's going to be some uncertainty, but at least you'll know where you're going. So if you tied awaking up feeling loss, abandon confuse, don't know what to do, don't know what you're supposed to be doing, refer back to your makeup. Because when He created you, he had a plan for you. When he created you, he had a path for you. Now we've made some decisions to get off of both of those, the mission and the path.
Speaker 2: But God can get you right back on track.
Speaker 10: Do that today, ask him what you're supposed to be doing, and listen. God has all the answers if you form the relationship. Okay, show, ladies and gentlemen, here we are another day, another opportunity. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You are with some of our favorite people.
Speaker 2: You are a dedicated listening audience. Even if you ain't dedicated, I'm gonna call you that. I don't give you damn.
Speaker 10: If you listen there and now and then long as we can count you, you good with us.
Speaker 2: I know you ain't here every morning. Some of you are. Hell. I don't want to be here every morning.
Speaker 10: Sometimes I want to rake up and just you know, go fishing or something.
Speaker 2: But I have an obligation. My team has an obligation.
Speaker 10: To wake the world up and put you in a good frame of mind so you can go out here and deal with this world youre in today. That's how we do it on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Ain't nobody bad like we. You can believe that there's other radio shows. But nothing, nothing can pass, nothing come pass to you. Nothing, Ladies and gentlemen, Shirley Strawberry and calling for Real, the Mouth of the South, Mississippi Money.
Speaker 2: Who is Monica who is a radio and TV producer.
Speaker 10: Today we discovered Ladies and Gentlemen, Junior Boy better known as Killed Space, and the legend that his nephew Tommy, who's had several ailments this year, but God is in the blessed business, has overcome their all. He's doing shoulder exercises right now. The five pound dumb bell. Lady and Gentlemen, Steve Harvey, Marny Showton, Junior, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Let me tell you something. I think the euphoria at his house in Woof already. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know any more, just got it.
Speaker 2: It's a brand new house. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm in trouble though, That's all I know.
Speaker 11: I didn't know because you know, when you hear your name early in the morning, it ain't never good. I know that she yelling across the house early in the morning. It ain't never good all because are we moving? Because I've packed up all the coffee in here.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I thought we was leaving.
Speaker 11: So now I'm in trouble because I ain't no coffee making here, Ain't no coffee in here, ain't no pots in here. Ain't nothing all this stuff here, I can't cook. She made rice and gravy on the microwave yesterday. Very talented, though, I must tell you, very talented. I don't know how she did it, but she made rice and gravy in the microwave yesterday. But I just know that right now, she's not really happy with me because.
Speaker 1: I'm move it. I thought that was the goal.
Speaker 11: We can't keep it here, we have to move it. So I'm in trouble for that. I can't understand. I thought the house would be enough. Give me at least two months. Please give me two months of happening. Now I'm back in trouble again. You for your gone, That's what's wrong on What is the problem that we're doing what they asked us to do and we still get in trouble?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you could never do enough? Yeah, yeah it is?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because I was.
Speaker 4: Not all knowing?
Speaker 1: But we're not insatiable.
Speaker 2: We willn't even know what that means.
Speaker 12: But damn that.
Speaker 4: With that because she out this morning.
Speaker 1: She went out this morning where out of town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. It ain't have enough, But there weren't all.
Speaker 13: The ways appreciative of what you do. We're just looking.
Speaker 2: But it ain't enough though we got we're not saying it. Tommy. You know they're gonna.
Speaker 12: Get cussed out in this new house though. You do know that you're gonna get you. Yeah, right after you move in, coming up mony.
Speaker 14: Day, gift together to come yes, coming up at thirty two minutes after the ain't the house. We'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank back? Right after this you're.
Speaker 13: Listening hard Morning Show.
Speaker 14: It is time now for the nephew and run that prank back? What you got for us today, neth Well, you.
Speaker 12: Know what, Shirley, You always got to celebrate people's birthdays.
Speaker 2: You know you want to celebrate.
Speaker 12: You want to show us love and care that you care about them on this great, great, great great day that they're celebrating. You know, we do it all the time here on the Steve Hardy Morning Show. We celebrate each other's birthday. We make sure we say birthdays, show love.
Speaker 2: We do that here. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: So I wanted to reach out and say, you know, your wife's birthday, your wife's.
Speaker 13: Birthday, your wife's birthday.
Speaker 12: Not mine, not mine, my wife ain't any pranks. Let's get let's get that strength, none of that right there is where I draw the lot.
Speaker 14: So you're celebrating someone else's wife.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, And I want to make sure that I want to make sure that he's not getting her what I'm getting her.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Couldn't what's her size is? You know?
Speaker 12: I want to get us some sex that you understand what I'm saying. But I don't want us to get the same thing. And I used to know there with two of them, Now you got the same Victorian secret. You know what I'm saying that doesn't make no sense to me, you understand. So, so your wife's birthday, cat dog, if you would.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, what's up, hey, Darren Man?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Brother?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 3: My name is Chris Man. I worked with I worked with your wife, Sharon. I think I think I may have seen you at one of the one of the gatherings before man, like a happy hour we had after work or something. I don't know if you remember me or not.
Speaker 15: Now I don't remember you.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, cool, Hey listen man, I know sharing birthday is coming up, so I wanted to if you didn't mind, I hope you don't mind me called. I wanted to reach out and see if you were you know, what you were getting her for a birthday. I wanted to make sure you know we're gonna pitch in and get us something at the job. Will make sure you know we didn't get you know, you know what you may have been gonna get it.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying, kind of like something like a grab dag or something like that.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, I wasn't gonna hear it with no grab man. I was just you know, like I said, we was gonna get something. You know, we haven't really put our put our all the thoughts to it or what we was gonna get yet, but I want, I personally want to see what you was getting that way. We don't know, do Okay?
Speaker 15: Well, she likes money, man, you can you know, uh give us some give us some cash or you know Starbucks card or uh something from McDonald something. You know, it don't have to be too big. She she don't uh you don't have to you know, she she's not that materialistic. Okay, Okay, let.
Speaker 3: Me let me let me ask you.
Speaker 2: This is so deep?
Speaker 3: Uh do you uh you know what a size is?
Speaker 15: Do I know what her size is?
Speaker 3: Still like clothing?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Do you know what side she will?
Speaker 15: Uh? Yeah, I know what size she's not? She's one white man. I think this is kind of like I'm getting a little bit uncomfortable with this.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: What do you do you think? You know? I don't mean to make you un comfortable.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: Do you think she would like?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do she like stuff from Victoria's Secret?
Speaker 15: WHOA hold up? Man? Stop right there? You talking about what?
Speaker 3: No? I, like I said, I wanted what what you hey?
Speaker 15: What's your name again?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 7: My name Chris?
Speaker 3: Like like I said earlier, my name How long you been with the company? I haven't been there six months?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: But like I said, I think I saw you at one of the happy y'all I saw maybe you just don't remember who I am.
Speaker 15: Though, No, no, no, man, but you way out of line talking about her size, And I'm not comfortable with this at all. Man. You know, okay, okay, your way out, your way out of line, right, But what what?
Speaker 3: What's what? You didn't answer? My question was, what do you think she liked Victoria's Secret?
Speaker 15: You want to answer your question? Keep talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what's what's what?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: What's the language? Brother? What's what's her? We brothers?
Speaker 15: You know we ain't we ain't we ain't no brothers? You fool? What do you get off asking me about my wife's clothes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, talk with her.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 3: What all I'm saying is is do you think she gonna like the victorious secret?
Speaker 2: I will give her?
Speaker 15: Hey, man, just to stup with that? Do you know how long we've been together? I know this woman since high school. Don't come to me with that.
Speaker 3: Okay. So so I was just trying to get up what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 15: What time do you guys get off? I'm coming.
Speaker 3: I lead off at five thirty, but I was gonna leave early.
Speaker 15: I mean, right, hey, we can talk about this faith to faith.
Speaker 3: Say, hey, listen, I'm trying to.
Speaker 15: Get listen what I ain't gotta listen to me?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get shared of panty. And Bra said, pat, okay, hey.
Speaker 15: You ain't buying my wife and she wouldn't even accept it anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey man, how.
Speaker 15: You get this number? How you get this number? I know she didn't give you this.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you hot there. I got it from your wife Sharon, because guess who I am? I am nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Sharon got me to prank phone call you?
Speaker 15: What there there?
Speaker 7: This happened?
Speaker 3: Man, This nephew Tommy brother.
Speaker 15: Man, this is some boys, This is some real books. This is some straight up bully. Hey man, you ain't right. Man. You know you need to stop with people, you know, because you might get you might somebody might be waiting for you have to work one day. Man, that's totally wrong. You ever heard of karma? I heard somebody gonna play a prank on you one day? Your uncle is right, somebody's gonna what's yours? A matter of time?
Speaker 3: Oh man? All right, all right, darn Before I get my mad, will you please tell the people what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 15: Steve Harvey Show.
Speaker 2: Now you see how stupid that he is on Friday?
Speaker 12: Can you imagine how ignority is gonna be tomorrow night at the Cat's Wick Feel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It sound like feeling to me, Yes, it does. Cat's Wick theater, me and lou Nell to Touay McLaren. Oh my god, did I not tell y'all that? Okay, surely take us out because I'm about to blowed up in here, I'm telling you.
Speaker 14: Next, it is asked the CEO. With our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment, news producer Lee Daniels thinks that Don Lemon and Tucker Carlson would smash the ratings if they teamed up. Would Kim Kardashian Yeah, Leevet Reality Teamy to be a lawyer full time.
Speaker 13: She might just do that. And LSU basketball.
Speaker 14: Champion Angel Reese says that Drake and Future slid into her DMS.
Speaker 13: We'll talk about all of these stories abobb of the hour.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but right now it is time to ask the CLO. This runs from Dedre in Fort Myers. Dija writes, my husband raised his ex wife's child as his own. He and I are married now, and my husband still spends time with the boy, who's eight years old. My husband asked if the boy can spend the summer with us is it wrong for me to say no to this?
Speaker 2: See that's a touching.
Speaker 10: Yes, you want to have complete, complete separation from his past, but the child knows him as his dad, that's true.
Speaker 2: And to remove the boy's.
Speaker 10: Male role model from his life so you can be comfortable. See, you don't want to reminder that his him and his exis baby in your house. And I'm not even sure I think I heard you right. It's not his biological son, right, right.
Speaker 13: Right, right, It's not it's not no, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Excess son is soul.
Speaker 10: But yeah, I understand your concern about that, your hesitation, I do is very real. But at the same time, if you could just consider for a moment the welfare of a child who has only known this man as a father figure and to remove that from him, that's concerning that.
Speaker 2: It's her, you know.
Speaker 10: But lady, if you wanted to just be about you did, of course you're absolutely correct, But if you would consider the plight, you know, it's you know, I don't think that me and get enough credit oftentimes, especially fought men who step up and.
Speaker 2: Take care of kids that aren't they own.
Speaker 10: That's a special dude, man, because he's taking the responsibility over for somebody who'd have walked away from it. And that's a special dude. And now you're telling him not to do that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're right, Steve, all right?
Speaker 14: Moving on to Frank in Atlanta, I was dealing with a wild and crazy woman and the sex was top shelf, but she liked to bite and pinch, and she tried to smother me with a pillow once. I had to leave her alone before she killed me. But I can't get her off my mind. Should I talk to her about being less aggressive in bed or leave her alone for good?
Speaker 2: You need to live alone now? Is good? Though, Steve? That was good. She gonna kill him.
Speaker 13: Though, That's what he's afraid of. That's what That's what he's afraid of.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Can he put on one of them oxygen man's and going there with that? I mean, I mean something, Yeah, breathe, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta do all that I showed him.
Speaker 10: Suggest dog, you just go get your girl that do regular stuff and going bad down, you know, make that works for you, all that excitement coming at the price for you. She didn't try to kill you. She'd a bit you.
Speaker 2: Or you be stabbed. That's what I see.
Speaker 10: That You're gonna get stabbed, don't they pitching and tracking and bting and smothering. Ain't nothing left but gunshots and stabbing. Yeah, yeah, you're gonna be in there playing Russian Roulette with him.
Speaker 2: You can't get it mind, I know, Yeah, I know. So you ain't been bit before. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 10: You ain't didn't like it, You ain't don't like fighting, Tommy, I don't like or smothered with a pillow or No, you're not smothering me without getting knocked in the float. You other than me, My reaction to smothering is not good. Johnny Waller chilseed me one time in the ninth grade.
Speaker 2: That's all I needed.
Speaker 10: Right there after that, I knew that wasn't gonna be gratifying for me. Evil and here, oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 14: Moving on to Penny and Harlem, Penny says, my boyfriend tells his friends too much of our personal business.
Speaker 13: We did some role playing in bed.
Speaker 14: For the first time, and I overheard him telling his friend about it. How could he do that? Does it mean he doesn't take our relationship seriously?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's very immature. Most men men that's got somebody they care about. We're not discussing our bedroom life with our boys. We're not doing it because we got too much respect for it.
Speaker 2: She off Livings. Lady. You know, if you just in't here tricking, you know, Oh, that's how much discussion.
Speaker 14: So she thinks it's something and you just something entirely different from his perspective.
Speaker 2: Well, what's their relationship though, ship?
Speaker 13: She said, he's her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That's all you is. He don't care about you. If you talked about you, yeah, I don't. That's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: And you're hearing that from men.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I don't talk about nobody I care about. You're not getting that car by.
Speaker 2: She put a leg up on that ceiling. Fan. Let me tell you, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, watching the game.
Speaker 13: Yeah, how long are her legs?
Speaker 2: Yep? No, Well you know she wasn't in the bed. She was hanging from us.
Speaker 14: Well, all right, so there you have it, Penny in Harlem. Let's have it at home. Last one, Harlow shake, last one, Steve. This is from Willett's in Charlotte. Okay. Willett said, I had a three so with my husband and he is still sleeping with the woman. I feel guilty for inviting her into my marriage, so I never questioned him about the affair. I want my husband back all to myself. How do I reverse what I've done?
Speaker 10: You a going okay, okay, be good, you said, cool, let's do it, he said, she in yeah you Yeah, you gave the hall pass, right she did. Now you can ask for the pass back, but you're still going to be in the hall though.
Speaker 13: Not happening. Yeah, you're right, he's.
Speaker 10: I the hall pass back in the classroom, and I will stay out here in this hall though.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so it's going good over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: How can she get her husband back all to herself? That's what you want?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just told you that's not gonna have No, he don't.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he got there's nothing he goes.
Speaker 2: You can't for miss.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but she changed. She changed because he's still sleeping then.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but see you can't. You can't tell a man it's okay to sleep around. And then now he done get used to it. Now you're gonna tell him y'all don't want you to sleeping around no more. So then he's thinking in hisself. So now you just want be back over here?
Speaker 2: Yes, with you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yourself, just doing regular stuff.
Speaker 2: That's what we're doing with you.
Speaker 13: Right Wait what he's so selfish.
Speaker 2: Just with you. That's it from now. You know what, that's not gonna work. He ain't got the life by where he at.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't got the lie.
Speaker 13: Your marriage is open. Yeah, she opened it up. All right, thank you, CLO.
Speaker 14: Moving on now to the top of the hour and Entertainment News right after this you're.
Speaker 13: Listening morning show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 14: So this week started out with drama after two journalists from competing organizations left their long standing jobs.
Speaker 13: On Monday.
Speaker 14: Don Lemon was reportedly terminated from his position at CNN, and Fox News announced that Tucker Carlson won't be returning to that network. The news sent shockwaves through social media, and director Lee Daniels had an idea. He was one of many that shared his thoughts about Lemon and Carlson. Daniels did an Instagram live video encouraging Lemon and Carlson to join forces. Daniels said, Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson, If I were a smart executive, I put them both on the same TV show. How bananas would the ratings be? I think it could possibly unite the country. Now that's from Lee Daniels.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Steve, Yeah, you like the country.
Speaker 13: Well, now there's news.
Speaker 2: Now, mister Daniels, you do.
Speaker 13: Great moves, excellent.
Speaker 10: Your work is epic out as you don't. Now, I'll tell you what. I'll produce the show with you, cause it'll be a hell of hit.
Speaker 13: It's about you.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, I'm finish. Text Don right.
Speaker 13: Now to tell him you got to deal for him.
Speaker 12: Boy, please, and mister Daniels, since be talking about movies, I'm here if you need.
Speaker 13: It, And how is this about you?
Speaker 12: This is a great time to tell me. It's to Daniels, I'd like to work. I'm just saying.
Speaker 14: The question is with Don Lemon and Tucker Carlson be good on TV together?
Speaker 2: Oh see, it would be it would be question.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it would be tough man, but it would be musty TV because that's never been done before.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: Okay, look like like CNN does it. CNN does it. They'll have a republican right wing like Scott on every now and then to add at the right perspective. But never have you had two stars sit there and debate certain subjects and topics. And I think we'll be interesting, but those two egos in the same room, he's gonna be wrong.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but it's like you said, must see.
Speaker 2: For the right check, you better deal with it.
Speaker 13: So there you go, all right.
Speaker 14: In an interview at Time one hundred summit earlier this week, Kim Kardashian talked about her criminal justice reform efforts and said she would consider giving up reality TV to be an attorney full time. Kim's passion for law and justice has been well documented over the past several years. Just last week, camera sister Chloe and rapper Little Baby visited at California State Prison to learn about inmates experiences on the inside. When asked if she would ever leave reality television to focus solely on being a lawyer, Kim said, quote, I would be just as happy being an attorney full time and doing that. The journey just really opened up my eyes to so much. It gets overwhelming because there's so much to be done. I would totally spend more time doing that cameras or no cameras, So there, you know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think everybody has to get to a point in a life where you discover your purpose, and I think that's when life becomes very fulfilling when you find the reason why the two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you discover why those two days are absolutely critical. The sad part of it is a lot of people go through life never really attaching themselves to a purpose. And Kim Kardashian could very well find that, because you know, it's if you thinking, if anybody is thinking out there, there's got to be more to life than this, that's because it is. And the moment you stop thinking there's got to be more to life than this, you in some trouble because the Bible clearly says a man without a dream or a vision shall perish. It does not say a man without an education will pass. It says when you stop dreaming and having visions, you will die because there is nothing to shoot for. And once you lose the aiming ability, you've lost one of the major components to waken up every day. And that's what I thank God for a great deal, my ability to have dreams and visions. And everybody has them, everybody on the show has them, everybody listening has them. You just can't let the devil rob you of that because The devil's main goal in life is to rob you of your destiny. That's he wants that more than anything. He don't care if you get a big house. He don't care if you make a lot of money. He just wants to rob you of your destinies. What God has put you on this world to do. And if he can make you think there's nothing for you to do, if he can make you think you've already arrived, if he can get you to thinking, this is it in Lord, have mercy. He wins the battles fight. People fight. I'm sorry you didn't ask me all that.
Speaker 2: No, that was good though.
Speaker 14: People need to hear that. That's that's greatness, all right. Moving on to Angel Reese. You know her exposure has increased drastically since she led the LSU Tigers women's basketball team to the twenty twenty three NCAA National championship earlier this month. She's so popular now that during a recent radio interview, she revealed that rappers Drake and Future were among the many celebrities that have slid into her DMS. Reese made sure she explained the nature of their conversations, though Angel said they just congratulated her. It was just congratulations. Okay, that's all it was.
Speaker 13: Before you start thinking other things. Just congratulations And what have we learned from this?
Speaker 2: Fella? Say out to young girls, do.
Speaker 14: You yeah, stay out, But imagine that Drake.
Speaker 13: You look at your your your d MS and Drake is in there. Wow.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to do, you know what, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know why to get in there?
Speaker 13: You? Oh, all right?
Speaker 14: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Steve has a special announcement.
Speaker 13: I wonder what that could be. We'll find out right after this. You're listening morning show, all right.
Speaker 10: Steve, So you're Charley. I have an announcement to me. Oh okay, sorry to interrupt.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 10: This is major news, everybody. I need your divided attention. You know, for the first time in all of American broadcast history, this is the first time you all women of color, are going to be recognized on the national platform for all of their hard work and contributions to the radio industry. Now, as a part of the Black Women in Radio's Oral History Project, they have selected thirty nine African American female radio veterans from all over the country who will be celebrated in Washington, d C. At the Library of Congress this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Folks that would.
Speaker 10: Include our very own miss Sherli Strawberry and Colin for real.
Speaker 11: Over here want to do it when Jun hit it.
Speaker 10: They will be two of the thirty nine African American female radio veteran. They are part of the Black Women in Radios in Augrie thirtieth and for the first time in history, have been invited to attend the Radio Preservation Task Force Conference in our nation's capital. So they will be going up there to represent Black women in radio, to represent the Steve Harvey Morning Show, to hold it down for all of our markets, all of our listeners.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 10: We got two. Ain't nobody else got too. We got two of the veterans of radio representing women of color. We want to congratulate Shirley and Color. They're gonna also get a tour in the White House and will be greeted by the White House Press Secretary Corriem Joan pl Yes, all her name could be.
Speaker 16: Karen, it's not, she's a sister joe yell or you could be Carrie May, Jean Pierre, whoever that is. Thank you for recognizing our sisters for congratulations to our very own Shirley Strawberry and call her for real, because we are pretty show are the only ones that's sending two bad, bad women own up there to DC.
Speaker 2: You better show out.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have Ellie dress y'all.
Speaker 10: Oh, Shirley, a lotta have y'all up there and just straight for Steve.
Speaker 14: Congratulations Carla and to all the other women. This is quite an honor. We appreciate this very much.
Speaker 13: Yes, thank coming. Congratulations Shanley, thank you, Thanks Carla.
Speaker 14: All right, coming up more of the Steve Harby Morning Show. I think Ross the Wallace is stopping by right after this is this Friday.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he'll be here.
Speaker 14: Yeah you're listening morning show. You see he's here and ready to God, welcome to Roscoe Wallace.
Speaker 10: I'm already say all here. You ain't gonna recall me. I'm already here.
Speaker 2: I see, I ain't, I ain't been labeled nothing. I'm one. Lets you ready where I.
Speaker 17: Want to little Bobby woman, if you think you're lonely now, if.
Speaker 2: You think you lonely, no, you're about now open.
Speaker 10: Here waiting till tonight.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 10: If you think you lonely, Oh, lonely, lonely, lonely waiting till tonight? Girl, Hay hippie.
Speaker 2: Or you know you met with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go up to Chicago, Chicago the show.
Speaker 4: It was a cold.
Speaker 10: This day, Oh my life.
Speaker 2: But I want to break it down like that. Man.
Speaker 10: Yes, I see her face and where I go on the street and even at the picture.
Speaker 2: Of her show.
Speaker 10: Have your seena till they have your seena. I hear her voice to be holy, she can set me free.
Speaker 2: Have your seena? Tell me? Have you seen up?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Oh why teach? You have to leave me and go away?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa been? You said? Having some one to leave?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: And I'm lost? What baby, I'm lost?
Speaker 4: Whoa girl?
Speaker 10: I probably if you left me now, I'm I don't know. I don't know where to look for love and I don't I don't know how how you there?
Speaker 2: Hey you baby? That was a rebate you mix it? Yeah, it was nice. It was nice you see how on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Girl, that keel, that's what you got. That woman.
Speaker 11: The dramatics, what you're seeing go outside.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 2: Yen thew race.
Speaker 10: It may sound crazy, Bud, I want to go outside, plain, squirrel, squirrel, the end rain.
Speaker 2: I could do so many I could do that. What you what you get? What you get?
Speaker 10: I said, what you see is what you getting, my baby? And real is the best is the best thing you had? The best thing yet?
Speaker 2: Oh? Digit tive like who weave?
Speaker 10: Whirling round and round, roping down here spinning on the ground. You kisses make me de is it.
Speaker 13: In the head?
Speaker 2: Now falling? Yea falling?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: Here I go down and down I go.
Speaker 10: I can't help myself one more time?
Speaker 13: Coming up next? Where you throw my mind?
Speaker 14: Oh you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is I just met my play sister in law. We'll get into that in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. What you got for his neph This right here?
Speaker 2: Don't you hate child support?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: What I do?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 2: Fine? Why whine? Let's go cat?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, I am trying to reach a Melvin Colbert.
Speaker 15: Please, Yeah, this is me.
Speaker 2: Mister Melvin. How are you?
Speaker 12: My name is Timson with the Child Support Services, and.
Speaker 2: I wanted to give you a call.
Speaker 12: Going through the records that we have, I wanted to follow up on some things. We're noticing here that your son, Melvin Junior, is going to be turning eighteen here pretty soon. But looking at our records, it indicates that you were doing pretty well with child support for seventeen maybe well sixteen, sixteen years. It just seems like we're here within the last year you seem to have fallen off. Seem like we haven't gotten a payment from you within the last year.
Speaker 2: I'm looking, I'm dating it back. Now looks like wait a.
Speaker 15: Man, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 7: Now, you said it for sixteen years. My son be eighteen in three months, right, I.
Speaker 2: Know that's what we're saying.
Speaker 12: It seems like he's approaching eighteen, sir. But within the last twelve months, twelve thirteen months, sir, we haven't really we haven't really gotten a payment here from you as far as child supports concern by.
Speaker 7: Man, hold on, what you mean? You ain't got no permit?
Speaker 15: They take it out my check.
Speaker 7: They take money out of my check every week, every pay check twice and that's twice a month. They take money out of my check. And they've been taking money out of my check. So you need wait, you need look at that computer again. Looking there again, sir.
Speaker 2: I've gone through the records over and over. I actually thoroughly checked before I give people a phone call.
Speaker 12: I'm ninety nine point nine percent sure this is dated back thirteen months. You've been paying right at seven hundred and fifty dollars a month, am I right?
Speaker 15: Yes, that's right, and.
Speaker 12: They break it up over over a four week period and you get paid weekly.
Speaker 2: So they've been taking it out.
Speaker 7: Three hundred every two weeks. They've been taking three hundred seventy five dollars out of my chick. So something wrong now they've been taking that. I know they've been taking out my chick.
Speaker 12: Well, sir, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but what's happens when situations get to this point.
Speaker 2: This is what takes place.
Speaker 12: Even though the child is turning eighteen, what they're going to do, sir, is now extend child support until the child reaches twenty one, which is another three years now.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, hell no, hell now, Now they've been taking three hundred and seventy five dollars by my chicks twice a month. So now, ain't no extending nothing. My coat ought to say when my son turned eighteen and three months, three months from tomorrow, that damn child support gonna get cut out. Ain't no extendsion no twenty one, No take care of my son now now, now you listen to me some y'all. Y'all got deep dump. I take care of my son and they take it out of my chicks.
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 12: Wait a minute, sir, what I'm saying is it's not in the computer. We don't have any listings of it. It hasn't been done within the last thirteen months. That's when when it comes to a situation like this we extend it to three to the childe, twenty three to the childe twenty No.
Speaker 7: Sure, ain't extended nothing on me eighteen y'all ain't got baby. They talking about it. I ain't paid. I got the chick stubs where they've been taken out of my check. Now, how come y'all don't have a representation.
Speaker 15: Certainly you have a not chext What is check stubs?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I got a box while I keep the chick stubs there?
Speaker 2: Do you have every check stuff you damn.
Speaker 7: Right, I got every chick stuff and I got the other damn receipts everything I fought for them. Well, excuse me, I don't mean talking about my son like this. But but but what.
Speaker 12: Super I'm the I'm the actual manager here. I'm the one that makes the phone call.
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 12: We've gone through these records over and over, trying to make sure that we were definitely clear on it before we give a personal call about a situation like this.
Speaker 7: Oh no, that's bush man, that's but now now you know that's that's a sir, Sir.
Speaker 12: I don't want to be a bearer of bad news now.
Speaker 7: With doubt, but don't call me what you don't want me to be.
Speaker 3: No bad sir.
Speaker 12: You will be paying this until the child is twenty one.
Speaker 7: Oh I bet you you wait to my son turned eighteen. I bet you want a thing, y'all. Ain't take it out of my take one mind, sir.
Speaker 12: Let me, sir. What I'm not gonna do is have you. I'm not gonna go back and forth with you. Okay, Now, you're gonna pay twenty one until he's twenty one, or you're going to jail.
Speaker 7: Well, miss, let me tell you one thing, now, I know what the hell they've been taken out of my chick twice a month. Do you don't hear me? I know what they've been taking out because I know what I've been bringing home.
Speaker 12: Well, sir, is there a possibility?
Speaker 7: Right? And look at let me take any hell I be. I'll tell you what. When my son at eighteen, ain't no moretion coming out of my check, y'all can pay to twenty one if you want to. Y'all can care. I've been taking care of it. Y'all can pay the twenty one that hell.
Speaker 12: Now, are you having problems giving money to your son to support him?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 7: What you're talking about? I ain't. Y'all have no problem taking this out of my I take care of my son. I take care of good, getting my hair cut every week, buying them damn tennis shoes still get acting, no problem paying with my son. I take care of my son. I take care of what's mine. And that's what I've been doing for the path down there eighteen years come three months from tomorrow, That's what I've been doing. So I tell you what, I'm gona still take care of my damn son. After words, but it ain't coming out of my check. To y'all, I'm gonna take care of my own but our needs. Y'all in my little folks, and give me take care of my damn son. So eighteen comes, I bet you one thing in three months on that four months, nothing be not come out of my check.
Speaker 12: I bet you that we're gonna it's gonna go until the child is twenty one.
Speaker 7: But don't tell me. Calm down now these I'm gonna get these straight. Call you and we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get you straight.
Speaker 12: We're gonna get you straight. You're gonna pay until he's twenty one because you were negligent.
Speaker 2: For the last thirteen months.
Speaker 10: You were.
Speaker 7: Come who you think you talking to? Your sign problem?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 7: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Come telling me you don't lost your mind.
Speaker 12: My name is Tim Hillers, and I'm with the Child Support Services. You have been negligent for thirteen months, and you're gonna pay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna pay until all right.
Speaker 7: Put me on my phone talking about I ain't got damper. Now, let me tell you something. Let me tell you one thing. Come three months, I'm gonna pay it. I'm gonna pay for three months, but after three months old. A WK. I ain't giving y'all or his mama another thing, but I give it to my son. But that's better than Field is ain't getting another plenty out of me.
Speaker 3: So now not a time?
Speaker 7: And you you gotta.
Speaker 1: Say who is who is that?
Speaker 2: Back?
Speaker 7: Then that's my gas. But but you heard what I said, right Yo, I'm telling you what I said. You got that, So you go and tell her that. You go and tell whoever. Then turn the general here over the US. You tell if the ass that and not come out my check. I'm looking for you. You want to know what I've been doing, so you know what? You can kiss my black come three months and I take you.
Speaker 2: Well, let me say something to your face.
Speaker 7: Is you listening what you got to say?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: This is left you time? It from the Steave Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: You just got prank by your boy stand.
Speaker 2: Melvin you all right? Man?
Speaker 3: Put you up to this man your boy staying.
Speaker 12: I guess he would you staying work with you?
Speaker 15: Work for me?
Speaker 7: Driving Summer said you want to go, I'm gonna take the break something then he's gonna want.
Speaker 3: It, okay, saying y'all.
Speaker 12: Call man, let me ask you something, mister, mel What is the baddest radio show in the world.
Speaker 7: Man, y'all have some crazest man and the Steve Harvey Morning Show. That's a bet y'all, cold man out, cold man.
Speaker 2: I'll take care of my son now. I'm take care of.
Speaker 13: My son, all right. Thank you, nephew. We needed that.
Speaker 14: Coming up next. Strawberry Letter. Subject, I just met my play sister in law. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 12: You never know, Michael uperhold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Tommy. Subject.
Speaker 14: I just met my place sister in law. Okay, Stephen Shirley. I met my husband online and we dated briefly before we got married. We figured out that we knew a lot of the same people and all my friends that knew him vouched for him and.
Speaker 13: Said he's a great man.
Speaker 14: His mother always acted strangely, but he said that's just how she is, and she would come around and be sweet Eventually. A couple of weeks after our wedding, I asked his mother to meet for lunch, and she asked if she could bring her play daughter. I wanted to meet anyone close to my husband, so I was excited That lunch date with his mom has sent my marriage into a downward spiral. The play daughter knew everything about my husband, even more than his mom. She said they've been the best of friends, but never romantically involved. She said they've sat up many nights crying together over bad relationships.
Speaker 13: I have never seen my husband cry.
Speaker 14: She told us that my husband almost died after a watched liposuction. As the mom didn't know he had surgery, she thought he lost weight naturally. I asked her why she didn't come to the wedding if they were so close, and she said she wasn't invited. My mother in law said she insisted that she come, but the play daughter said she felt like my husband was moving shady since he met me.
Speaker 13: Now, if this doesn't sound like a whole side piece relationship with my husband?
Speaker 2: Then what is it?
Speaker 13: Why is his mother not seeing this?
Speaker 14: My husband swears he's never been intimate with his play sister, but couldn't explain why he has never introduced me to her and none of its friends know of her. If I asked this play sister more questions, will I look insecure? And should I keep my head high as the WiFi? Or should I do more research on her? Yes, you should keep your head high as the WiFi. And you don't need any more research. I mean, how much research do you need? The research you want to know that you want to do now that should have been done before the marriage? Okay, that should have been done then anyway, you pretty much laid it all out the closer, with the first one being her saying, your husband's moving shady since he met you.
Speaker 13: And what does that mean? What does moving shady mean? Does it mean he.
Speaker 14: Didn't invite her to the wedding because he didn't want any drama, or he didn't introduce her to any of his friends because he didn't want any drama or didn't want them to know about her?
Speaker 13: What did that mean?
Speaker 14: I mean, there is a reason for him, not telling could be a side piece situation, like you said, But his mom sure knows a lot about her, and she knows her well enough to invite her to lunch with you guys. So this woman has definitely been around for a while. But I don't think you need to ask her any more questions.
Speaker 2: Let this go.
Speaker 14: If you want to ask questions, ask your husband. This all happened before you and him got together, and this is a chance you take.
Speaker 7: You know how it goes.
Speaker 14: When you meet someone online and you married them quickly, you don't get to know the person. So please remember everyone has the past.
Speaker 10: Steve, Well, this is gonna be a good one for me because I can answer all these questions.
Speaker 2: You have all of them with rather a certainty and assuredness.
Speaker 10: You met your husband online, We dated briefly before we got married, Well there it is.
Speaker 2: There, it is.
Speaker 10: You dated briefly before you got married. Now I don't know how you are, how old you all are. You haven't mentioned any kids anything, But you have to understand, like Shirley said, everybody comes with the history. So when you date briefly, you don't get to learn the history because you haven't been put in enough situations where things can crop up.
Speaker 2: You all got along and everything.
Speaker 10: Now, his mother has always acted strangely strangely, but he said that's just how she is, and she would come around and be sweet eventually. Well, a couple of weeks after you got married, you asked your mother in law to meat for lunch. That was a great idea. Your mom in law asked if she could bring her play daughter.
Speaker 2: Hell fault.
Speaker 10: Now, please don't let this boy's mama act like she don't know, because she is a grown ass woman though, and women know, women know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: They're very smart women.
Speaker 10: I ain't hardly ever met no stupid women until they start listening to their heart instead of their intuition. Other than that, they are on top of the food tor chain when it comes to brains and smart.
Speaker 2: Don't you misunderstand that for a moment.
Speaker 10: So the boy and mama know what he's doing, gonna bring the play daughter, And you said yeah, because you want to meet anybody close to your husband, because now you're trying to learn your husband after you've married him, instead of dating him longer to learning before you got married. So now here we go. So I was excited that lunch day with his mom. But that dunch date sent your marriage into a downward spiral. The play daughter knew everything about my husband, see right there. Why did the mama bring her even more than his mom? She said, they've been the best of friends, were never romantically involved. Why is she talking to you? You know why I think she talking to you because she trying to play the spoiler. She trying to be the spoiler. It's always some some woman getting left by the wayside at the altar and then all of a sudden, Wanner, I know more.
Speaker 2: Me and him talk, We everything. They they've been the best of friends. She said.
Speaker 10: They've set up many nights crying together over bad relationships. That I've never seen my husband cry. That's because you ain't known him long enough.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 10: After he found out you and the mama and the plate sister was at lunch, he was I better ask for someone crying then.
Speaker 14: All right, hang on, stee, We'll have part two of your response to this Strawberry letter at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's subject, I just met my play sister in law. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 14: All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's strawberry letter.
Speaker 13: The subject is I just met my play sister in law.
Speaker 10: Well, this woman met this man online, dated briefly, and then got married.
Speaker 2: Dating briefly doesn't allow you.
Speaker 10: To learn the person's history, so now you're learning his history while you're married. You've always thought that mama was actually sort of funny to you, so you wanted to invite her to lunch after you all got married. A couple of weeks she asked you could she bring her a plate daughter? Okay, so then you said yeah, because you want to meet everybody close to the family. Well, that date then sent your marriage into a down wid spiral because little miss play daughter then set up here and knew everything about your husband and molding his mama. She said, they've been the best of friends, but never romantically involved. She said, they've set up many nights crying together over a bad relationship.
Speaker 2: I have never seen my husband cry. Well, you ain't been with him long enough.
Speaker 10: But I tell you what though, after he found out you was with his mama and his play sister, his ass was somewhere crying in that's for them.
Speaker 2: I can promise you his ass was.
Speaker 10: She told us that my husband almost died after a batch LIPOSUCTIONET and his mom didn't even know he had the subject.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, did you know he had lifebo such?
Speaker 13: No, she didn't know.
Speaker 2: Did you know it was botched?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: How do you know that he almost died?
Speaker 10: I'm listening to this story that this woman is weaving for you. We've cried together. Yea, all this is stuff you can't check on. We cried together, set up many nights. So okay, So if y'all been crying together all of all the bad relationships you had pretty much? Why I explain why a little play sister and play sistant law ain't got no damn body. See I know this, now, know who you're talking to. She thought the mother thought he lost weight naturally. I asked her why she didn't come to the wedding if they were so close, and she said she wasn't invited. Now, the mother in law jumped in and said she insisted that she come, but the play daughter said she felt like my husband was moving shady since he met me. Hm, well that's a good son. See, he didn't invite her because he didn't want her round, want the drama right, you know, because you already know his mama and the girl close.
Speaker 2: Now why would he do that? And listen to me.
Speaker 10: The key to this, I want your takeaway to be is he felt like she didn't want to come to the wedding and she felt like my husband was moving shady. Since it will the husband were trying to distance himself. That's a good thing, that's what moving shady. Men. Now, if this doesn't sound like a whole side piece relationship with my husband, then what is it?
Speaker 2: But see, if it was a side piece situation, it ain't no more.
Speaker 10: But you're meeting a man that had a background, as do all men. He had a background, So now where we at. If it was a side piece, he didn't tell you about.
Speaker 2: It, cause who do that?
Speaker 10: What man meets a woman and go, hey, let me tell you about these chicks I got out here on this that nobody find to do that. And I don't know what you think a man supposed to do that for. But you can lose him expectation. You can take that off the plate because we're not finna do that. And then if my husband swears he's never been intimate with his place system, but couldn't explain to me why he never introduced me to her, and none of his friends know of her.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 10: You the play sister over there when we buy ourself, you ain't coming up around my friend because you ain't gonna. I ain't got no future with you that could be it. But now you trying to make something out of his past and turn it into his right now. And there are no signs of him messing with this girl right now. So even if she was a side piece, please lose your desire for him to tell you that he had a side piece, because he didnet have a side piece, and it's been several it ain't just hum. So if I asked this play sistem more questions, will I look secure?
Speaker 2: Why would you ask her anything?
Speaker 10: This girl ain't nothing in here but to place fall, and she gonna tell you all kinds of stuff because she's been crying with your husband over a bad relationship, which means she can't get it a good relationship now another relationship. He done found you, and he'd have picked you over her. Why would you ask her anything? Cause she ain't got but one mission right now is to try to make you think she got more of a relationship with him than you do, and she don't.
Speaker 2: Should I keep my head high as a wife?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 10: Should I do more research on her? Stop researching her. Stop digging up in this man's past, because you're gonna find something you don't want to know now. But now suppose he dug up your past, you don't think he finds a couple of things too that look a little shady. Get out the man's past. Build your future with this man. Stop looking in the rear view mirror. You are the wife, not her. Hold your head high.
Speaker 2: You the wife.
Speaker 10: Have a talk with him and say, hey, look, lose her number, lose her information. I ain't gonna beat you up about this, but make sure that that hell for stay gone. If I see her again, you won't see me again. You make your choice, that's all to it. But I ain't gonna deal with her and your mama. You don't have no defferent play sister in law quick calling her.
Speaker 13: That I'm surprised you didn't say we cried together like the oh jays.
Speaker 2: I try to show more versatility.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you are a very talented man.
Speaker 2: Yes you are all right.
Speaker 14: Leave it your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harb FM and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand. Coming up next, it is Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk, which you got Junior?
Speaker 11: Okay, Sureley, Well, let's just go ahead and get it out of recap NBA.
Speaker 1: Playoffs this week. Look, I know it's tough on you, man.
Speaker 11: I know Nick's knockout the Cavalien's man one six the other.
Speaker 1: Night man they out. I know it's tough, funk man.
Speaker 2: I know, Steve and they already text me.
Speaker 10: He said the CALV was almost as bad as the Smiths was on Celebrity Family. I texted him back and said, no, the Calvs was worse for another Cleveland tragedy.
Speaker 2: So come so close, said so far?
Speaker 11: Well up, well look at this man they throwing the ones man, because let's talk about this man. These heat man knocked the bucks out.
Speaker 2: They gone. The Greek is gone.
Speaker 1: The Greek is gone.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 12: Job Jimmy who Jimmy blanketed blank?
Speaker 11: Butler put up forty two man, Now you come back forty two man. It was one, twenty eight, one twenty six in overtime, Jimmy but getting buckets and the Greek freak did the press. Coffee said, you know what, man, it's steps as he says. So he said, he's coming back next season.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to because your answers out right now.
Speaker 11: Also, man, you know what, they ain't going away up the Kings and the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Man, let me tell you something.
Speaker 11: The Warriors is not going away.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 11: They knocked off the Kings twenty three to one sixteen, the.
Speaker 2: Warriors taking all the team. They beat the Kings again. Yeah, they take bye bye Kings.
Speaker 1: They take a three two lead.
Speaker 10: Man, you are not gonna catch them. Light skinned boys. Y'all play the Night Las.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they played the night I mean on the time. Yeah, they play the Knight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The Kings and the Warriors played Game six tonight. Also, you know Phoenix sent the Clippers home. Yeah, gonna take on Devi you know, no Kawhi Leonard, no, Paul George. Yeah, they can't win with them on the on the on the Westbrook was out there swinging, he was fighting, he was swinging on people, he was rebounding. If the swing come behind he's rebound. They got the way he playing, Yeah, he's not playing man. So also the night man, Like I said, we got the Kings and the Wars and then we got the Grizzlies and the Lakers. Man, can the Lakers close it out tonight? The Grizzlies, That boy John Morunt is a special talent. But this light skinned boy, Dylan Brooks, that were his hair platted.
Speaker 10: You need to shit your young ass down and learn yourself something because Lebron been handing it to your ass.
Speaker 2: You should have you should have had more respect about that talking about this man. Oh he did.
Speaker 10: He did twenty rebounds and then I saw him blow by your ass like he was me standing on the quarter of this. I mean, the light skinned people need to be very careful, especially when you wear pig tails. You can't clap your hand talk trash dealing brook Thank you, Junior, coming out in white framed glass.
Speaker 2: You don't look like a killer in white.
Speaker 10: Sun bron blown man, Now watch him out.
Speaker 13: Thank you Junior for sports talk.
Speaker 14: Coming up at the top of the hour, is the modern generation more rude and disrespectful?
Speaker 13: We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 14: You're listening hard morning show. All right, guys, he's a question. I think we touched on this earlier this week. But the question is, is the modern generation more rude and disrespectful you think or is it the same as it's always been.
Speaker 13: What's your take on that.
Speaker 2: We weren't this rude.
Speaker 12: We weren't rude at all, disrespect I was respectful at.
Speaker 14: All time to adult, especially to elderly people who were my elder Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Cut somebody in my age you're peer. Yeah, people's parents, grandmother. No, that was unheard of. Man.
Speaker 13: You couldn't your parents found out?
Speaker 12: That was it?
Speaker 2: Your These kids now are robbing old people. These kids now they're they're violating old people.
Speaker 10: I mean they beating them up on elevators and stores, and walking in their house and and and just just that criminalizing the elderly.
Speaker 2: That's that was unheard of back in the day. Matter of fact, man, if.
Speaker 10: You did something to old people and we found out about it, we handled with your Yeah, dog you not.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, dog.
Speaker 17: You know what You're right, Steve, my husband said. Growing up in New Orleans, you know, if they was out on the street, you know, just being boys or whatever. If an elderly person walk by. They'd be like, chill, chill, chill chill, Yeah, such and such, chill out, chill out, chill out. Dogs are you doing, ma'am? You know it was a respect that I'm watching. I'm watching forty eight hours the other night. Ninety eight year old war veteran who had served the country. Ninety eight year old war veterans raised these boys in this neighborhood do the right thing. One of the kids really loved him and knew him and stayed next door. Three of the boys said, hey, man, we need some money. Let's rob the old guy. He went to the corner store. He was still driving the car.
Speaker 2: He got in the car.
Speaker 10: The dude that knew him went up to him to say, hey, mister Jackson. And but then the other dude came up with a gun, and the young dude tried to stop him and say, hey, man, no, we ain't finna do that. That's mister Jackson. You know, he'll give us some money. Your dude shot the man twice. Oh. The old man pulls off, makes it to his house down the street, drives up on the curve, dies in the car. Well, he didn't die in the car. They came and got him, but he died two days later in the hospital. Now they finally catch the folk guys because somebody saw him. The little dude that knew him has tried to stop it. He just broke down crying. He saibody ain't in ten for this to happen to missus Jackson. When he pulled the gun out, he tried to stop the dude, but he was that but he stopped him to rob mister Jackson. He was gonna ask you for money, and they said they were gonna take whatever money he had in the car. Dude came up with the gun and shot the lad Wow. See now, back in the day, they would have never got off that block. No, no, because dog you shot who man? Oh no, man, no don't.
Speaker 2: This generation is just beyond disrespectful.
Speaker 10: It is an ugly world we live in now because of lack of respect and consideration. And old people man have earned the right to live their life freely and in peace. And like Tommy said when we was going down the street being boys, if an old person walket hold of kill man, hic come, my.
Speaker 14: Husband said, if they came, if an old person came and needed a seat, we would have to get up and give the older persons stopped anywhere.
Speaker 13: Yes, you could stand up, you're young.
Speaker 10: Me and my mama was on the bus going downtown one time. He said, love, go downtown. My mama's old lady got on the bus. I stood right up. She sat down in that seat. She said, you you raising that boy? She said, well, his daddy, his daddy got him like candy. She said, I got two boys just like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I mean, it's it's definitely different these days. And how blessed you were, you know, to have a father in the house to do that for you, Steve, you know, but why is it like that?
Speaker 17: Where is the disconnect between parenting these days the way we were parented.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't understand they got but being parent There you go, Tom.
Speaker 14: Yeah, all right, yep, all right, thanks guys. Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, So this is an interesting story. Despite the surgery reportedly having a grueling recovery period, men have been flocking to surgeons to lengthen their legs.
Speaker 13: Okay, recording to wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, you can get legged done.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, yeah, listen to me.
Speaker 2: Been Thailand for a long time. I'm gonna about it.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, holding out, Uncle Steve well.
Speaker 2: Tyler, Come on, go here, sir.
Speaker 13: So listen.
Speaker 14: According to the New York Post, a forty one year old Minnesota man spent seventy five thousand dollars to increase his five and a half foot frame by three inches.
Speaker 13: Okay five five? What three inches? So five eight?
Speaker 2: Don't act like you ain't been there.
Speaker 14: But he did it so he could get more dates, and after his first successful surgery, he spent another ninety eight thousand dollars to get us hied up to five ten.
Speaker 13: Okay, you got.
Speaker 10: Money, boy, you're gonna mess around. If you're boy, you won't your six forty.
Speaker 14: The live lengthening procedure is accomplished by inserting a magnetic lengthening rod and pins into the thigh bones.
Speaker 13: So there you got it.
Speaker 10: To do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know you didn't getting all that. I'm you're too old for this time. And look at the.
Speaker 14: Steam Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after we'll play around it, would you rather right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for a round it.
Speaker 14: Would you rather? Would you rather introduce your wife to your new female friend? Or would you rather shave your facial hair? That's all the hair I got enough?
Speaker 10: Okay, y'all know female friends. I don't know who I'm gonna introduced. Y'all want to come over and meet them? Yeah, so, y'all, I ain't got no new female friends.
Speaker 2: New friends.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm already be so don't matter. You know, I'm already facial hair. I don't keep nothing, so I'm already. I ain't got ten minutes.
Speaker 1: You don't have no I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't have nothing, so I ain't got to tell her about Well.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna take the my brow heavy over there looking like an emoji.
Speaker 14: Would you rather wear undies filled with whipped cream or would you rather wear wet sneakers?
Speaker 12: I didn't wove whed cream for you. Ain't never left somebody house with all?
Speaker 10: Right, a.
Speaker 2: Boring life for y'all. Y'all have a bunch of losers. Yeah, I'm gonna put the wet ass ten shoes on sneakers.
Speaker 13: You don't want to be like your nephew with the web cream in your You know.
Speaker 2: One time, man, I had got I had got this like I had foot uh.
Speaker 10: And I messed around, was messing with my feet, and I put it on my crop and next thing you know, I had an irritation down there. So to fix it, my mama told me to put corn starch on it. And so I had put corn starch all inside my underwear.
Speaker 13: Old school remedy.
Speaker 10: Well, I went over this girl's house and pulled my pants down and forgot I had that corn start.
Speaker 2: I pulled my drawers down, and that corn starch had.
Speaker 10: Dead it up on me. It looked like cottage cheese. I looked down there, she squeezed.
Speaker 2: I scream. I looked down with wet in.
Speaker 4: There, hollw.
Speaker 13: Igorous.
Speaker 10: I tried to go in the bathroom and wash it all off and explain it. It was just as crazy, Oh that that didn't go good? Boy, boy, it looked because it looked like I was standing up there with a yeasting fishing and I just could not explain that.
Speaker 13: Okay, we're moving on. You're crazy.
Speaker 2: The visual will right now. Boy, get the tennis shoes.
Speaker 14: Would you rather have a perfect body? But an ugly face? Or would you rather be handsome with a big gut?
Speaker 12: I'm gonna take that gut. Hell I got the gut now, Hell, I'm good. You ain't handsome handsome? You know, it's just for you, y'all to glasses. That's this for y'all, that's this. That question ain't even for me.
Speaker 2: Go you're pretty pretty far. Tell them, I'm trying to tell them.
Speaker 13: All right, that's today's roundup?
Speaker 14: Would you rather coming up next to it is our last break of the day of the week on this Friday, and we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Morning show, all right, Steve.
Speaker 14: Here we are the last break of the day on this last day of the week for us this Friday.
Speaker 13: Leave us with some closing remarks.
Speaker 10: You know, I think that what I want to share with you is something that prevents so many people from becoming successful. And that thing is called excuses. You know, it's it's it's amazing how when we want to justify a lack of effort, or we want to justify our procrastination, or we want to justify not doing something we said we were going to do. We want to justify just not getting started. We can come up with some pretty pretty impressive excuses. But you know the thing about an excuse, though, it serves no one except the person that's providing the excuse. The person you're giving the excuse too. It does nothing from them because that level of expectation for you was in place and the fact that you didn't come through. I mean, how can you possibly think that this person is sitting there going, wow, that's great. You didn't come through. Now you were here, Okay, well I'm sorry that happened. So when will you get to it? Or you hear something like oh wow, man, I didn't know that. And when you walk a guy and when you walk away, that person goes, wow, I can't count on it. Or if you keep giving excuses, then after a while a person just goes, I don't believe nothing, he says. And either way, man, the person that you gave the excuse to, I can promise you they don't think as much of you as they did when they first thought you were coming through. Folks, if you could learn to eliminate excuses. You know who taught me not to have excuses? My father, my fallow strong man man studs powerful to me, it's the greatest dude have new. But he taught me about excuses, he says, son, don't ever give me an excuse, because what that ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Do me no good. He said, we ain't got nothing.
Speaker 10: At least you could give me your word, he said, we ain't got nothing else, we ain't got too much more than pot to piss in. But if you gonna give me your word, tell me you're gonna do something. Don't give me no excuse instead, because now we ain't got nothing, y'all. If you could eliminate excuses, if you could stop the allowing yourself off the hook, because that's all it is.
Speaker 2: The only person you're hurting with these excuses is you.
Speaker 10: I'll give you an example of how you hear other people with your excuses. That if you have a child and you keep promising your child that you're gonna do so. If you a dad and you don't live with your child, your boy, your girl, and you tell them you're gonna come by, that child is at the window and at the door waiting. They got their little bag pack, they got their lunch Packause I'm going with my daddy and man, oh man, oh man, the disappointment that had that child had with you. But and then you call in and guess what you say, I had to work, Sorry man, but I had to work. Well, I got you had to work. But guess what, and does nothing for that child that was waiting on their dad.
Speaker 2: I got, you got to work. But what they got to do?
Speaker 10: That don't stop the disappointment in the child. See excuses, man.
Speaker 2: They go a long wait.
Speaker 10: Man, they do far more damage than you can imagine. So after a while, if you keep doing that to that child, and you keep promising your child you're gonna do something and you never do it.
Speaker 2: Ah, think about that, man, what that does to that child.
Speaker 10: If you're in a relationship and you keep promising the person you're in a relationship with you you're gonna do something for him, you never do it. How long you think this racist relationship gonna laugh? You gotta do what you say you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: You can't create excuses. But then the person who.
Speaker 10: Really gets damaged to you, because when that child grows up and he can now stand on his own and he can take his own self somewhere, he can buy his own clothes, and now you wanna come around and hey, that's my son. And then he's old enough to ask you questions. Yeah, I'm your somble. Where were you when I needed you?
Speaker 2: Man? Where were you when I was standing in the window?
Speaker 10: Where were you when I was sitting on the porch, man, with my lunch box, just looking at every card that went by, hoping that my daddy would finally come through, till my mama finally tell me coming there off the porch. You see, man, Now you got to deal with that and all them excuses you was giving that boy or that little girl back then. It don't mean damn thing to them, you know, man, And it stops you so much. See, once you become a person that provides excuses, it ain't just to your children, It ain't just to your love and your love on. It's to your job, it's to your career. And pretty soon you start giving excuses to yourself because it's a pattern of behavior. And you've got to break that pattern of behavior because it's a no win situation for you. Stop making excuses, man, Why don't you just simply do what you say you gonna do. It's much easier to do that if you say you're gonna do it, be a man of your word, a woman of your word, and go do it.
Speaker 2: Period. Now, if you're not gonna do it, say that, be a man of your word on that. See, that's what I do.
Speaker 10: When somebody asks me to do something, I distinctly tell them, Hey, man, I'm not gonna do that. I'm sorry, but I won't be that way. Ain't no hope of you looking for me. Well, he said he wasn't coming, but I'm gonna see if he come anyway. No, no, no. If I tell you I'm not coming, you pretty much bank I ain't coming. But if I tell you I'm coming, you can look for me, and chances are I'll be there. It would take a lot for me not to do what I say I'm going to do, because I just ain't made it that way. I don't like excuses. You can't get to where you're going with a bunch of excuses, all right.
Speaker 14: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show,