Speaker 1: Good morning in us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo, I mean the god peace to the plane.
Speaker 3: It is Monday, Yes, it's Monday, and we got our special guest hosts Flame Monroe.
Speaker 4: Good morning. What's having a shot? Shot? What's going on? Inv were on a flame? Flipping flame? What's happened? Sean man? Why you're not in the studio where you at? None of your business.
Speaker 5: I don't need to be sitting in this sea. I need to be sitting in that seat.
Speaker 1: You know, like a queen and this No, you're right in the chair. You need to be in for the camera shot.
Speaker 4: You's the hater, say right there for the camera shot. I hater. That's why you're not here because you're a hater. Shot. I miss you.
Speaker 6: You're supposed to be here.
Speaker 4: My day is here. I'll be there, Tomar, You'll be there, tom Okay.
Speaker 2: But what you just you don't care about me?
Speaker 4: Every I love you.
Speaker 7: If I bought your wife a fan, I brought your gifts, I'm like, I'm like the three wise man. I can't bearing gifts. So look at one of my fans made. They made this so y'all can hang it up and see how they looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see that that's a flame, Envy and Charlemagne.
Speaker 7: That is the new that's the new team, Charlamagne. Get I mean, get out your head. This is the new team right here.
Speaker 1: How you go from he she weed to the three wise men? Though you can't do that now, don't come ahead confusing us.
Speaker 4: Now they're going to three wives being the picture right here. I just brought it to you. Pick one flame. It's two and a half men. You see that, that's two and a half me. You see that's half up on the wall.
Speaker 8: I brought you.
Speaker 4: This is for my girl jewels. My queen artis Street. She's a great artist on Instagram. Jewels, jewels because they love y'all and they love me. On here and look, I brought y'all cookies. Look what they look like. Don't you know? Don't you bring don't you bring that? Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought you had them high powered drugs again, plame be having them high powered edible.
Speaker 7: Don't that out there, Charlemagne, don't do that. People don't think I'm a drug dealer. I brought you a dunky of today cookie.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, oh this is oh, this is who that is.
Speaker 7: That's as you I got, I got you every two I got he she we Oh this is from heaven Send Bakery.
Speaker 4: Look it's got everything, it's got claim. We got a whole show to do this flame. You ain't gonna impay out your person so early. That's not my purse. That's my goodie, bad my goodness.
Speaker 7: I brought you a goodie too, shallow man, because I heard you like those goodies.
Speaker 4: I brought you you.
Speaker 1: No, No, them things too potent, too strong, they too potent. Really ain't nothing, ain't nothing supposed to be. No sixty milligrams.
Speaker 7: I'm sure your wife appreciated it. No, that's too much. She ain't never said that to you.
Speaker 3: Shout out to only cheers out there, all the dance dads out there.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was dan'ce dad weekend for me.
Speaker 3: My daughter had both of them, actually had competition weekend and my one daughter place number one. So drop a bomb for book and the other one her team place number one, So drop a bomb again for them.
Speaker 2: So congratulations, I know you cheered, Dad duty Charlaman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what I've been doing all weekend man cheer competition. This was the this was the big one, the super Bowl of cheer competition. I can't hit myself in the headphones, right.
Speaker 4: We can hear you clearly.
Speaker 1: How she do one team place third? The other team plays thirteenth, which I think is the stupidest thing in the world. I don't know why they have thirteenth place, and I get it. I get it though, because this is the big one, so it's like literally hundreds of teams. So I guess that is a high ranking if you're like thirteen out of.
Speaker 4: Like fifty or sixty or something like that.
Speaker 1: But come on, man, we gotta stop with this participation trophy nonsense.
Speaker 4: I'm old school. Top three. Let it, let it be, you ready saying.
Speaker 7: Make everybody weak? Anybody get an accommodation. Oh you fratiliated? No, I want you to lose, Go get better and come back and win.
Speaker 3: That's right, That's why I should it should only be the top three.
Speaker 5: Did I see you take your daughter to the gun range?
Speaker 7: I did that, took my daughter to the gun range. This good dad. I take my to the gun range, but it's in the back yard. We just shoot at the fences.
Speaker 2: B This is New York, New Jersey. If you do that, you're going to jail.
Speaker 5: So I've been there before, got out. It came out looking like this.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 5: We are on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we got front page news.
Speaker 2: Sessling figure will be joining us. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's stej n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Our guess host flam Monroe is here.
Speaker 4: All what's happening in New York City. Come and take a bite out my big apples, I mean, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Tesla, and how you figuring?
Speaker 2: How you feeling over there?
Speaker 9: I am feeling good.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Breakfast club, family, flame and row in the building. So it be a lot of comedy going on while you are here this week.
Speaker 9: I look forward to it.
Speaker 4: Good morning, gorgeous, good morning.
Speaker 3: Now let's get in some front page. You start off with sports. The Knicks lost to the Heat over the weekend one O eight, one o one. The Nuggets beat the Sun's one twenty five one O seven, and the Warriors Steph Curry has fifty They beat.
Speaker 2: The Kings one on the Lakers in the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: Now, at what point do we just go ahead and say Steph Curry is the second greatest NBA player of all time. He's the second greatest NBA player I've ever seen in my lifetime.
Speaker 4: Who's the first, Michael Jeffrey Jordan.
Speaker 7: Okay, I wanted to make sure you got it right, because if you said something ouside that came through this through that screen on you.
Speaker 1: Know, Michael Jeffrey Jordan and Steph Curry. And when you talk about the list of people who have absolutely changed the game, like revolutionized the game of basketball, that's a very short list, and Steph Curry is on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: As a woman, the way he dropped those three pointers, you can only imagine tesling.
Speaker 5: Good God, that's the woman in me speaking.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I hate starting out Mondays on a sad note, but again, you know, we have to report the news, and so I wanted to talk quickly about the team arrested in the shooting death of trans woman Rashida Williams, who goes by Cocole the Doll. So Atlanta police says they have arrested a seventeen year old in connection with the shooting death of thirty five year old Rashida Williams in southwest Atlanta this week. According to a police statement of homicide, detectives were able to secure arrest warrants for murder, aggravated assault in possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony against seventeen year old JaMarcus Journegan. Rashida aka Coco Badal was the latest victim of violence against black transgender women. And I wanted to, you know, definitely report this because I know Flane, you know it made some comments. I watched your commentary often and you know it spoke on this, So I just kind of wanted to see, you know, what's your position on this flame and let's discuss.
Speaker 4: I think it's tragic all the way around.
Speaker 7: And it's so many components to this story, Teslin, that we will never have all the answers to simply because Coco is no longer here to tell us her side of the story. Because the young man, I don't know what happened. I don't know if he.
Speaker 4: Could have lied about his age, or she could have lied about you know, her identity.
Speaker 7: We don't know, And we will never know. What I don't like is that he has been on the week for a run. He's still a seventeen year old. He has a seventeen year old mind. So who has got in his head and planned to the seed to say, hey, just say that she tricked you and you snapped, you know, And that may not have been the case, but we will never know. It is said all the way around. She lost her life and his life is probably ruined for the rest of his life. It's said, I just need you all to be careful. And I don't know all the components of that story, but it is very scary. The rest in peace to that young lady from peace.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: There was another scary shooting over the weekend too, right, Dad, than Cleveland, Texas?
Speaker 4: Yud it was.
Speaker 10: We can talk about that quickly and I'll definitely want to go more into that on next hour. But yeah, gunman is still at large after allegedly fate shooting, fatally shooting five people, including an eight year old, in Cleveland, Texas home after a Friday night rampage that started with a noise complaint about gunfire. Now the suspect, identified as thirty eight year old Francesca or a Pizza, was apparently shooting a rifle in his yard when neighbors asked him to stop because a baby was trying to sleep. He responded, I'll do what I want to do in my front yard, and then the suspect began to open fire on the neighbors. Now five people ages twenty five, twenty one, thirty one, eighteen and eight were killed. Some reports say it was a nine year old and some say eight. C and N reported eight, but suspect is still on the loose and considered armed and dangerous. To date, there has been one hundred and seventy four mass shootings and this year alone, and again, a mass shooting is defined by at least four or more people who have been killed, not including the shooter.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna have to learn to walk and chew gun at the same time, because this is definitely a mass shooting situation. But at some point we got to start having a conversation about mental health as well, because that's not normal for a neighbor to walk over ask you to stop shooting, and then that person come over and kill all of those people. That's not normal, y'all, Like, yeah, y'all can keep trying to say that's just all about guns, but it's not just guns in that situation.
Speaker 7: Well, what's lngal chae man? You can you can't even turn into the wrong driveway now. I've made the wrong turn and many times and just turn it into people driveway to turn around and go back out. You can't do that now because if you're driving the wrong driveway now you could get shot.
Speaker 9: Bring the wrong doorbell?
Speaker 7: Was it.
Speaker 5: Was it a AR fifteen that the man used?
Speaker 4: Yes, it did not.
Speaker 9: It was okay?
Speaker 1: They said, well, I don't rightful. It was right I thought they said he had a fifteen. I thought I read that it was I.
Speaker 7: That is what's the most baffling thing about this country. Y'all want to cancel books that will teach us history, but keep selling weapons that make us history. I'm sorry you're worried about me having a top and the bottom that don't match.
Speaker 1: Good God, but it's just it's just something that caused that person to mentally snap. That's not normal for somebody just to go kill a whole family just because they got asked to stop shooting their gun.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 3: And that is Front Page News we'll see the movie absolutely all right, Now get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one five to one.
Speaker 5: It don't come off.
Speaker 3: If you need to phone lines or wide open. Let us know how your weekend was. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Ray right, Ray, Yo, Charla, Mae, Jasey.
Speaker 11: What up are we lost?
Speaker 4: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: I got an indoor pool Dooroo.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 4: He'll tell you what it is. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Good morning? This is Telly.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: Tell you how you feeling.
Speaker 14: I'm feeling better if you guys remember me. I'm the one who called about like three weeks ago and I just be giving y'all the update and shot at my back and it's a business going on.
Speaker 2: You called and you got there was an incident or something. You got shot in the back, right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a bulleting this part of my final core.
Speaker 15: No surgery needed.
Speaker 14: It broke my pelvy bone and struck a nerve in my left leg. But yeah, I was just calling the just give a public thank you to everyone because three weeks ago when you sent me the cash up, they gave me lunch. I really appreciated. But five minutes after that, I dowing the newspaper, my cash up just went to going off the hook. I don't want to say how much money I got because I know you guys see people that want to be calling y'all just for that reason. But I just want to give a thank you to everyone. And I literally was getting stuff from Houston, from this is Orleans everywhere, and everyone telling me they heard me from the breakfast club, and I appreciated.
Speaker 1: Look at God, good for you, And that's a beautiful thing because so many people are struggling.
Speaker 14: Everything that was needed like there, their money was not. I just wanted to let everyone know their money didn't go to waste. They went to me getting the paintment. I'll really getting cheaper insurance. Before my insurance was one hundred dollars every time I go, which is two days of the physical therapye. So you guys just literally helped me to not lose my car because I don't have a job anymore. Three years I was about to go into depression. So I just thank you, guys, because there's a lot of people out here. Who are you know? Flers and skimmers and going through things and these people don't know me from anywhere from Florida having people seeing me money from New Orleans just because they're supporters of you guys and heard my story.
Speaker 15: Though.
Speaker 14: I thank you, mama.
Speaker 4: You have a great week, go right, fantastic, feel better as well. Show me.
Speaker 7: I got a boney pickle you. Ever since you've been giving up cash ups, I've been calling in to get one. You won't answer my calls.
Speaker 4: That's right. As soon as we see playing, we hang up. You're making money on that stage. What's your name?
Speaker 14: Sky Blue?
Speaker 4: Off your chest?
Speaker 16: So I'm going off the chest.
Speaker 17: I've been married to someone for around three months and they were just exposed on Facebook lives the other day for being in a relationship with a transgender woman. And once it came out, he just completely abandoned me and his unborn child.
Speaker 18: So I needed to keep that off my chest.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, Mama, No, it's sutally fine. I'm I'm okay.
Speaker 17: You know, I'm strong Chicago board and I get through it.
Speaker 18: But today your axtep people.
Speaker 12: You know, if people.
Speaker 2: True form you, absolutely right, Well, he's a coward.
Speaker 3: For that, and and and for leaving you in that unborn child is a cowardly move and I'm sorry that you got to deal with it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that we got to talk about.
Speaker 4: This on a Monday.
Speaker 12: No, I'm good.
Speaker 4: You know, life lessons, all right, mama, Will you have a go with Wow.
Speaker 7: Men that like trans women when that when that's it gets to scratch it. They got to scratch that itch. When they get that, they have to scratch it. It's the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can scratch that is but you ain't got to leave the you know he's married. You're leaving your wife and president.
Speaker 7: And so they let me just say this that so many men who like trans women, uh and are in relationships with biological women because they can't go They feel that they don't feel they can safely go to this woman and say, hey, I'm having these desires in the.
Speaker 2: Fact that he left she said he left transport chet.
Speaker 4: But he's just a Cheatah, he just wanted.
Speaker 7: No, it's a different thing about cheating, and you can cheat with another woman didn't get the same thing. He cheated for something else. A stick ain't gonna never be a stone. Let's just talk about it. So he that desire that he had another woman could not give him. He had to go and get a special woman. And well, I'm gonna leave all the stick talk to you. God, I'll hit you know about it?
Speaker 3: Say you say is an unborn child? That's what all I was saying. But get it off your chest. Every time I say that, Flaming Row looks down eight hundred Flaming Row, I'll guess holds his Here is the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this? Hello? Ain Chaving? Get it off your chest. I just want to say my birthday. Well, good morning to y'all.
Speaker 1: Flame Charlamaine, every big fan of the show listening every morning.
Speaker 4: Happy born day. Brother, appreciate it, man.
Speaker 12: I love the show.
Speaker 4: Man y'all get me through a lot of my days. Man, how old are you today? Brother?
Speaker 12: I turned forty?
Speaker 4: Hey forty club?
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, sir, no bulls. Ready for this weekend?
Speaker 1: My family we going to Miami and get a bunch of me and my family and my friends going to Miami.
Speaker 12: Turn up down there in three oh five.
Speaker 2: All right, how fun to be sat down there.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it, man, nank it for me. Good God, I'm coming down there getting naked for me. Hey, hello this Matthew.
Speaker 2: Hey Matthew, get off your chest.
Speaker 19: What's good?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean we move.
Speaker 20: We moved to a system now where everyone's paying. Uh, you know with your phone, but you know with at dinner when you throw down, the cash is all dead. But now you tell people I got you, I got you, I know and paid you anymore.
Speaker 1: Huh why are you saying you asking for money or you actually was supposed to be paid something.
Speaker 20: Now we went on to let out to dinner and everyone's like, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: I'm a venmou o oh yeah.
Speaker 5: So when it's a group, see, I don't like that. I would rather just cover it.
Speaker 7: I only like the one bill because you know, as us as black folks, they we'll go out, it'll be six of us. They bring seven checks. You had extra ice? Oh no, just bring one check that I'll just covered. So he's saying that. Everybody say I almost put my party in and then he never get it. They wouldn't get it from the table till you got it. You gotta be a little more diligent. You gotta be a little more stern.
Speaker 20: You too nice, I know, you know these days it makes it sound mad cheap if you start hounding people.
Speaker 4: So it's like whatever, it's light and I would flame.
Speaker 3: You're not leaving this now? Oh you want me to pay, Let's pay right now. When I get the money, I'll paid. Sending that twenty five dollars over, send that ten dollars over.
Speaker 5: You gotta be you gotta stand on it or stand in it, stand around or do something.
Speaker 4: All right, well, you have a go one. Sorry, bro too right, Jesus, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Now when we come back, we got your rumor report. We gotta talk t I and Boosy. They ran into each other at the airport, and I will discuss what happened to the whole. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Everybody's d j n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagnea gud. We are the breakfast Club. We got flaming row here.
Speaker 4: Our guest co hosts. Hey, hey, hey, hey hey.
Speaker 2: And let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Boosy.
Speaker 4: Call out a name or you gossip chatting. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 21: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: This is where the tea spells right right on the breakfast club. Now.
Speaker 3: T I and Boosy warranty and eye to eye. In the last couple of months they were supposed to actually do an album. T I was doing an interview and he talks about telling on his cousin that passed away, and Boosy didn't like it, and Boosey called him a snitch that he wasn't gonna put the album out and to the world it seems like they had problems. Well, they ran into each other recently in the airport and here's Boosy talking about what they discussed.
Speaker 22: It just went like to bosses of Hallic Man, like, first of all, you know, like we got kids who love each other though you know, and uh, first you won't agree. And we was going back and forth, and you know, he spoke how he felt, I spoke I felt and uh he felt me and I felt him, and uh, you know I.
Speaker 4: Gave him apology. Apologies.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I gave him apology, you know, because after we kept going back and forth, you know, like, you know, the things he was doing for me in my life at the time, I kind of felt bad he was, you know, he was doing some real helping me in a lot of ways. But uh, I still told him I stand on what I stand on, and uh when he explained it to me.
Speaker 4: Uh we got by it. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm glad Boozy said that because I feel like Boozy is way more solid uh than he was when he expressed expressed his feelings about what t I said in the live TV interview. Because at the end of the day, if you got a relationship with somebody and you and somebody are actually cool, pick up the phone and have that conversation with him if you feel the way I feel like. You know, Boosie was performing for the Internet when he was on a glad TV and he said that about so I'm glad he apologized.
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 7: Boosie is a man. Let me tell yourself. I like Boosie. When I came on here the last time and Boosie was on here with me, the community handed for a picture or he and I took that picture, but he was so pleasant to me. Had he been rude or whatever, we would have told the breakfast club up. But he was pleasant to me, and I treat you the way you treated me. But they had a maildown. I'm glad they I'm sitting back on that part where he said I was feeling him and he was feeling me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, I should have been there. That's not what he meant. I can tell what he meant, god studying, fantasy laying.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad they did have a conversation. That's the biggest thing. That is how you men things. You have to talk to each other.
Speaker 7: We just said, all this internet and the likes and you don't even know each other, and then when you sit down face to face, all of the resolve can happen. But you know, it's the beef and the internet and the likes, and I got this many people follow me. That's more juicy.
Speaker 1: You're ruined in great relationships with people that don't even care nothing about you. You were about that social media crowd and you're worried about performing for them. So you're gonna throw somebody that you actually have a real relationship with under the bus for them, nah Mann.
Speaker 3: Now also remember ex Boston Celtics coach I'm gonna say his name wrong.
Speaker 15: Was it?
Speaker 4: Email you doke? Okay?
Speaker 3: Email you dokay. You know he's now with the Houston Rockets. He had a press conference and Steven A. Smith didn't like how that press conference went down. He felt he should apologize to Nia Long. We don't got the audio of Steven A.
Speaker 4: Smith.
Speaker 2: Nah, well, it's hard not to do the story if you ain't got the audio. Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith wild No, no, great, great, great great? Did they know he was doing this story? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Well he kind of wild done and said, I'm standing up for my sister. How come nobody thought about the sister? How come they just let her out there standing on her own.
Speaker 2: I will always defend her. I will defend her on this issue.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't want to talk about it. I don't even want to talk about it. If you don't got stephen A. Smith, I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: And I don't hear it. No, find something else to talk about. All right?
Speaker 3: Well, tonight the twenty twenty three and met galap Now today this theme is going to be Carl Lagerfield. You know, he was one of the costume. I was gonna say costume, but one of the designers for Chanelle. So today everybody's gonna be there. Everybody's gonna be wearing, from Kim Kardashana to Tianna Taylor or you go on Flame Morrow.
Speaker 7: I was not invited, but I swear I wish I could go good guy I would wear. I would just go niked. Oh my god, I would upset the whole place.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose because don't you don't you have to wear don't you have to wear a fashion house, fashion designers.
Speaker 4: I will put his car for my head and that would be it. All right.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to see what your favorite celebrity is wearing, you could check it out on e tonight.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be co hosted by La La, So l La Will you know that's what that's the woman I want to look like. Don't say nothing, shan.
Speaker 1: Man, you gotta stop saying that, because I don't know who you're insulting.
Speaker 4: More La La your surgeon saying that.
Speaker 7: I love La La Anthony. I love her on bo Man, that's my show, by the way, I love La La Anthony.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is your room or report and we're gonna talk about this next hour. We're gonna open up the phone lines eight hundrink five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We want to know your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Ebony K.
Speaker 3: Williams Friends to the room had a conversation with Ian Love von Zant now went everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was a relationship conversation. Uh, and this is where it went.
Speaker 6: Would you date a bus driver? Would you date if he owns the bus? If he owns it, If he owns the bus, that's my problem. That's a problem.
Speaker 23: That's a problem because the standards and requisite and now I'm not talking about him laying on his sofa playing video games all day. I'm not talking about that. But the standards and the criteria that we use to measure men is off for who we are as women and who they are in the society. I would date a bus driver if he was if he loved driving the bus, if he was a man of integrity, if he was good to his mama, if he treated me well.
Speaker 6: I would date a bus.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about that next hour. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Ebany also sat down with Teslain figure over after Front Page News. Tessa's gonna talk about her speaking to Ebony about this as well. But we want your thoughts. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Front page News is next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, putting everybody's dj n ev Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast club. Now it's time for some front page news, Tesla and.
Speaker 4: Figure you back with us. I'm back with you.
Speaker 2: Pay it all right, let's start with some sports.
Speaker 4: My heat, my heat. My Knicks lost to exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you finally admitting the truth that you ain't nothing but a team d hop I am.
Speaker 4: Now you DJ on one or two parties in Miami. Now in your heat. I'm the nixt my Knicks. I want to say my knee, you got a next jersey?
Speaker 3: Got next jersey on? My knicks lost to the Heat one wait, one o one. The Nuggets beat the Southern one twenty five, one oh seven, and the Warriors beat the Kings one twenty one hundred. Steph Curry had fifty.
Speaker 1: Dropping the clues boss to Steph Curry, the first person to ever scored fifty points in the game seven.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna say it till I'm blue in the face.
Speaker 1: And I've said just before Steph Curry is absolutely the second greatest basketball player I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 4: But can we give a shout out to Lebron James?
Speaker 7: What we're giving out because he did he scored thirty eight points or he scored like twenty point eight years old and they wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 4: So I still Lebron is still great to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be Lebron and Steph next round. And I think that you know, y'all making this, y'all y'all overhype in this situation. You know, y'all saying things like, oh, the rivalry, the last time we're gonna see Broun and Steph. Uh. Steph Curry has owned Lebron James in the playoffs. Shaw, He's fifteen and seven against Lebron in the playoffs and more importantly, three and one against Lebron in the NBA finals.
Speaker 4: Okay, just want to put that out there.
Speaker 7: Goodness all right, Well, Howard Cosell, Howard Cosell just giving you all the sports stats.
Speaker 4: Charlotte sit on that side. Come on, Vy, what was we talking about?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Nikki Haley is throwing shade at President Biden. She said he will likely die within five years.
Speaker 17: UH.
Speaker 10: The White House Position released a memo and his finding state that despite President Biden being treated for acid reflux spinal art writers in high cholesterol, that Biden's help is stable and declared him a healthy, vigorous eighty year old male who exercises at least five days a week. But Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley is not buying it. He predicts that he will possibly die before the end of his second term. Take a listen, we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 24: You know, he's announced his you know that he's running again in twenty twenty four. And I think that we can all be very clear and say with a matter of fact that if you vote for Joe Biden, you really are counting on a president Harris, because the idea that he would make it until eighty six years old is not is not something that I think is likely.
Speaker 1: I mean, the average age for a man is what seventy three seventy four years old, so he's already over exceeded that by at least by about seven years years.
Speaker 2: So I mean, you know, yeah, I mean, but that is something to think about.
Speaker 3: When you're thinking about the president, like you said, it's seventy four point five is the average age of a man in the US, And that is something like you said, he's gonna be up there in age and at that time. Yeah, there are a lot of healthy individuals that are old, but there's also a lot of people that start getting to mention can't drive in so many different things. If the doctor Saint Joe Biden is okay, do we believe him? I mean, because you know, I just.
Speaker 1: I just don't like playing the death card with people, because that could happen to any of us, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Will and will and will. And here's the irony.
Speaker 7: She got a lot of nerves because Don Lemy got handed his behind on CNN because he said she wasn't in her prime.
Speaker 5: But now she want to say somebody gonna die.
Speaker 4: He lost his job and she gonna lose hers. I'm just asking because she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I don't think that was that's a fiable offense. I mean, I don't even know how does Nikki Heller can't lose her job unless you not.
Speaker 7: Well, she ain't gonna get the job because she damn she ain't gonna win. I don't know she ain't gonna win.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've seen stranger things happen. Yeah, me too, But she ain't gonna win. Uh yeah.
Speaker 5: If it's if it's a man, he could be unattractive. But if it's a woman, she gotta be pretty.
Speaker 4: And so what are you saying? Claim if you didn't.
Speaker 5: Catch that, don't know what put your catches been on? Pretty get away with a lot of things that we will never.
Speaker 4: Get away with you claim. I want you to know that comment is worse than Don Levon saying she passed up front.
Speaker 7: I don't work to see it in but they you got a position up it and be called me because, like I said, ladies.
Speaker 2: Now got the White House corresponded in the too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, well, Nikki Haley was throwing shave. President Biden was joking at the White House. Corresponded Dinner, the annual dinner hosted inside the Washington Hillton, drew thousands of guests in support of the freedom of press, something called something Biden called the pillar of free society, not the enemy.
Speaker 9: Here are a few moments. Take a listen, we'll talk about it. On the other side.
Speaker 4: You are trying to erase black people. A lot of black people.
Speaker 25: Wouldn't mind some of that erasure as long as that black person is Clarence Thomas. A billionaire name Harlan Crowe is flying Clarence Thomas all over the world on unrecorded trips like an Instagram.
Speaker 4: Model taking Clarence to the Maldi's and the beaches, and all pay for us mama's house.
Speaker 25: This billionaire pay for Clarence Thomas mama's house. I gotta give it up to billionaires. Y'all always come up with something new to buy. This man bought a Supreme Court justice. Do you understand how rich you have to think to buy a Supreme a black one. On top of that, there's only two in stock, and Harlan crow owns.
Speaker 4: Half the inventory.
Speaker 25: We can all see Clarence Thomas, but he belongs to billionaire Harlan Crowe.
Speaker 4: And that's what an NFT is. We all just did silent over here.
Speaker 7: The communion that wasn't a clip ayble thing because he made a comment about drag shows. And when I support drag shows one per my tran sisters and brothers, and drag artistry ain't never hurt nobody but then he went left and said, but the drags don't do nothing at the schools. People come and shoot up the kids at the schools. And it went real bad, and I like, it went really bad.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 7: He said that support drag Queen's going to read in schools. But because they're not gonna hurt the kids, the kids gonna get shot up in school. And it was just like over all the whole audience. I was like, Oh my god, you won't be invited back to this good Jesus. He as bad as uh what's his name? At the Golden Globes?
Speaker 4: What was his name?
Speaker 7: Who came out? The comedian Carmichael. Carmichael, let me tell you, everybody keep coming out. I'm going back in the class. The closet MD. I can hang up my dressing at it because anybody came out. Now, somebody do something that anybody coming out. I'm going back in the class. There's lots of room.
Speaker 4: I can hang on my downs, got my shoes, I can put my fans up on the wall. Yeah, I'm going back in the class. I can't take you. I didn't see Roy's whole commentary. I like royd or Roy funny. I like Roy too. I'll be hosting the Daily Show the week of May fifteenth, so I'll be I'll be working.
Speaker 7: With you to see you on that show. Make man oh edm man.
Speaker 4: I forgot about Ed mc mann man. They never had that on that show though. That's okay. We're always doing something new. We always have. We have were cancers. We always do new. That is true. That is true. Don't be forgetting Charlemagne and stuff. Come on, do I ever forget you flame? Yes?
Speaker 26: You do?
Speaker 4: You like that?
Speaker 7: You took that edible? Edibles is the Joe Biden. You don't get the job done, but you ain't gonna remember it.
Speaker 1: You co hosting the Breakfast Club this morning, You've co hosted my late night show.
Speaker 4: Hell of a week like stop Flame, no star flame, and don't stop called start flame? My goodness, a contract? Let me start now?
Speaker 19: That is.
Speaker 1: The road.
Speaker 3: Yes, now, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one. Evany K Williams was having a conversation with Ian levon Zant and this is what she said during this conversation.
Speaker 27: Would you date a bus driver if he owns the bus, if he owns it. If he owns the bus, that's that's the problem.
Speaker 23: That's a problem because the standards and requisite and I'm not talking about him laying on his sofa playing video games all day. I'm not talking about that. But the standards and the criteria that we use to measure men is off for who we are as women and who they are in this society. I would date a bus driver if he was if he loved driving the bus, if he was a man of integrity, if he was good to his mama, if he treated me well.
Speaker 6: I would dat a bus.
Speaker 4: Salute all the bus drivers out there for us this morning.
Speaker 7: And you know, Boris Kocho played a bus driver in one of Tyler Perry's movies. If a bus drivers look like that, I date a bus driver. I dated the bus and see and she brought that up.
Speaker 10: She said, y'all been watching too many tyle paramoves. Bus drivers cheaked too. I mean, we had a really good conversation.
Speaker 2: About it, and that comes out Win, It's out.
Speaker 10: On my Instagram and then we're uploading to the podcast on Thursday. But you know, the most important thing that people remember is again, almost forty percent of black men ate forty percent of Black men are in blue collar jobs. Black women are the only women who dy, marry, and partner with our race more than any other race. So the idea that black women don't want to date blue collar guys, that's what people heard when she said that, and that's just simply the facts suggests otherwise, her personal preference is completely different than what the majority of Black women do.
Speaker 9: I married a mechanic, so it's not true.
Speaker 10: What I don't like is the generalization that, oh, you know, that's what's wrong with black women, and that's why black women.
Speaker 9: It's just not true.
Speaker 10: When we look at the facts, we look at the stats, we look at the data, we date and married blue collar men.
Speaker 4: We just do.
Speaker 1: I think the problem with the conversation was that they were speaking in both generalizations and preferences, all in the same breath. You know what I'm saying, So Evan, he started talking about generalizations, but then Ayanla asked her about a preference, and then Iana went back to talk talking about generalizations.
Speaker 4: You know, the reality of the situation is, if you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to date a bus driver or you don't want to date a blue collar worker, all you doing is making your your pickings even slimmer and right.
Speaker 9: And she was very clear about that. She said she understands that it limits her.
Speaker 10: What she has said on the Reference Club multiple times, she says that she understands it may not you know, she may not ever get a husband, but that is, you know, her choice. She also pointed out that her mother was a bus driver, so she never said that bus driving was bad and that all those you know, anybody that's a bus driver's trash. But it was very important that we understand, you know, like the whole you know, the whole concept of what she was talking about. And again, when you hear a thirty second clip, you know, people run with that, and so they felt insulted. And so my point is, guys, when you hear somebody say something on social media, don't internalize that. You know that she's one black woman, not all black women feel that way. Remember what your mother said to you as a black woman, or a grandmother, or your aunt or your wife. Remember the things they said to you, not with a random strain you you've never met in life, said to you.
Speaker 5: My mom told me to stand her dresses. My mama told me to steal her dresses.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. We're talking Ebany k Williams fan Zant.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the breakfast club? Good morning the breakfast club.
Speaker 28: It's topic time call eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with.
Speaker 4: The breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about a conversation that ebie K Williams had with Ian von Zant. Now it was about relationships. It was about dating a bus driver. And this is how the conversation played out.
Speaker 6: Would you date a bus driver? Would you date if he owns the bus? If he owns it. If he owns the bus, that's that's a problem.
Speaker 23: That's a problem because the standards and requisite and I'm not talking about him laying on his sofa playing video games all day.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 23: But the standards and the criteria that we use to measure men is off for who we are as women and who they are in this society. I would date a bus driver if he was if he loved driving the bus, if he was a man of integrity, if he was good to his mama, if he treated me well. I would data bus.
Speaker 3: So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Start with you flavoring rob, I definitely did a bus driver. I would you let me tell you something envy. I just want I like people who like me for who I am. So I'm gonna accept you for who you are and if we get along, well, it's not only just about money, especially at my age. I just want somebody that makes me happy and that I like because I'm a cancer and cancer July.
Speaker 4: Cancers don't like everybody. We just don't. So if I like you, then that's good, good for me.
Speaker 7: But some of these women's standards to be so high, and they have all these high standards for other people, but then they standards be low. They don't keep a clean house and our good cooks. I say say that, Yeah, they might be making money, but the other things be lackluster. So don't be asking me to do all this extra. And you ain't did no extra.
Speaker 3: I do believe in love, and I do believe in and sometimes you don't know where that's gonna come from. It It could come from a bus driver and come from a sanitation whek. It could come from a nail technician. But I also would say that people have the right to choose who they want to date and who they want to talk to. And if somebody says, look, I want to talk I don't want to talk to this type of person, I don't. I don't think that they should be, you know, ridiculed. Like there's a lot of people that says, you know what, I'm black and I don't want to talk to a white person, or I'm white and I don't want to talk to a black person, or whatever it may be. Or I don't want to talk to a person that credit score is this. I can't be mad at their preference.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: The way it was raining here in New York last night, your full one K wasn't gonna hold me. I needed somebody to put their arm around me and make me feel safe. The way it was storming here, like fat man, fat, Oh you almost got I would throw this spang absolutely not. I said, hold me hopeful, Oh one K can't hold me. A whole man million dollars can't hold me. You may have it in the bank, but it can't make me feel safe. And a lot of people miss that because we sow on monetary gain. We saw on material things that you miss.
Speaker 4: Love. Love is free if it's good love that Charlamagne, I mean it's three things for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, Number one, if you don't want to date a blue collar man from the working class, and you're just making your pickings very very very slim. Okay, because they called a one percent the one percent for a reason, that's number one. Number Two, whatever you want to mate, you should already be. So if you want a rich man, you better be rich yourself. That's that's how I feel. And third and most important, what happened to love?
Speaker 4: That's what happened? What happened to connecting with somebody's energy.
Speaker 1: I think we're looking for all the wrong tangibles and people and they're all superficial, these things that people are looking for. If you're going to make the commitment to spend the rest of your life with a person, trust me, it's going to take way more than money. You know, does this person make you happy? Does this person make you laugh? As Flame said, does this person make you feel protected?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? Like that's why that's why in wedding they stay through which rich or poor? But money comes in money, go money, comes in money, goals man word up. See.
Speaker 7: I think both of y'all can say that because both of y'all have beautiful wives. I met Charlot main wife in twenty nineteen at tifty had his birthday party, and g was on here last week, and Gia is beautiful. That's why y'all got all those kids. Y'all can't even shower in front of y'all wife. No, good God, no it goes down baby.
Speaker 3: Teslam figure O usually leaves at this time, but she said no, she's staying aboard now, test, I know you got some comments for this one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, you know, I interviewed Ebonie yesterday on my Instagram.
Speaker 10: Guys, you can certainly go look at the full interview at Teslim Figural on Instagram and it will be dropping as well on The Straight Shot, No Chase or podcasts on Thursday.
Speaker 9: And I wanted to stick around just to make sure we had a full conversation.
Speaker 10: You know, with every perspective, and you know, ebone clarified, she didn't explain, but we had a you know, she went into detail saying that she wasn't speaking for all women, but she certainly understands how people perceive that.
Speaker 9: Because she was talking to the masses.
Speaker 10: But you know, the question was asked what she dated a bus driver, and Charlamagne just pointed out, whatever you're asking someone else you should bring to the table. And many would classify Ebony as rich and successful. She's an attorney, she's a TV host, she's a celebrity. She makes a certain amount of income. She lives in New York, and she said that that level of income would not be able to sustain her lifestyle.
Speaker 9: But she was not dissing bus drivers. Her mother was a bus driver.
Speaker 10: And I just want to say, you know, from my perspective as a woman, every woman has a different stage in life where she looks for different things. When I was married, unfortunately the marriage didn't work out, but I married a mechanic. You know, I married a mechanic very young. We built together, just similar to Charlemagne and DJMB how you built with your wives.
Speaker 9: But looking at Ebanie, who's thirty.
Speaker 10: Nine years old, she's saying, you know, she's looking for something different at that age. So love does matter. Sexual attraction, physical attraction is actually five attractions. But at the end of the day, women are looking for different things. And so when you're talking about having a family and trying to build that changes, I've already had my child, I.
Speaker 9: Did the marriage, I did the whole thing. So what I look for may not be what Evan he looks for.
Speaker 10: And I don't think we should demonize people's individual choice. And I just want to say this, brothers, thirty nine percent of men black men work in blue collar fields, and black women date mary partner with black men more than any other race. So we are dating black men, we're marrying black men. We're holding black men down. Nobody holds black men down more than a black woman. So I don't want the conversation to be black men. You know, that's what's wrong. Black women don't want to day us because that's your said black.
Speaker 4: Woman and holding down the black man and me for about thirty years. I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, Hey, what's your thoughts, Mama.
Speaker 18: I'm definitely with data best driver, like Ayana said, as long as he's hard working and he get up every morning and make sure he drives that first twelve.
Speaker 4: Now, so you will, you would't have no problem with it. You're about your love.
Speaker 18: I would have no tribal with as well as he's an honest man and that's what he does when he leaves the house and comes back.
Speaker 4: That's right, y'all. What's what's happening, bro? Tyler? Did I just hit water? You taking a shower of bathroom? Nah?
Speaker 12: I was just washing my hands, bro, all right.
Speaker 4: Just making sure. I don't want to make sure you're sanitary. Sanitary.
Speaker 12: I washed my hands before I use the bathroom and after. Okay, me too.
Speaker 4: I thought I was the only person that did. I always washed my hands before I penis no, no wash it before and half? Okay, works up, y'all.
Speaker 2: What's some time to talk to her? What's your thoughts on that comment?
Speaker 12: Yo?
Speaker 8: Okay? First off, everybody, Kay Williams is absolutely ridiculous. That comment ridiculous. I am so tired of the women out here trying to only date the one percent and leave all the other good working, hard men out to dry. Like there's no reason for her to say you cannot date the bus guy because he doesn't own the bus. Does she owned everything that she's in as far as like her perspective field? Is she the owner or is she a worker like these.
Speaker 19: Men out here with hard workers.
Speaker 12: If just as long as we are coming home, we going to work, honest, living, standing by a woman we love God, that's all that's the matter with him. I don't understand about all this money, you know, just one percent.
Speaker 8: Being taken care of.
Speaker 12: I want to do nothing for themself.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're making a good point. I mean that was my number two. You know, whatever you want to meet, you should already be. So if you want a rich man or you want an owner, you know you better hope, you better make sure you're rich and you're an owner yourself.
Speaker 4: Not talking about Abonye, but just talking about just people.
Speaker 10: Talking about Ebnye though because he mentioned ebany She is rich though, So for him to say all of these women want things that they don't have.
Speaker 9: She does have that song. I mean, I don't know, I don't know you got I don't know if she owns a b but I don't think she owns a bus company. See this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Brother that's listening, you know, I hear it's almost like he feels personally attacked, and I just want to reiterate her personal preference is not an attack on you. There is somebody that loves you for you. But everybody has the right to want what they want. If I say I like tall men, or if somebody says I like thick women are skinny women, I don't get offended that you like something different other than me. I don't understand why people are so pressed by people's personal preference. She's not saying everybody should follow her least.
Speaker 1: But she did say that that we are being intellectually dishonest if we say that. The problem with that conversation is it went from generalization, the preference personal the generalization again. No generalization, the preference, the generalization again. That's that was the problem with that whole conversation.
Speaker 3: Let's take someone things eight hundred five eight five one five one, A lot of people on the line, and Charlamane, do you feel bad when women say they want tall men?
Speaker 2: They no one short man?
Speaker 4: I'm taking I don't care what y'all want exactly.
Speaker 10: I'm married, right, damn point, And let's point that out before we take another call.
Speaker 9: You guys are both married for twenty plus years. Correct?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 9: So really true?
Speaker 10: Be told this ain't even a conversation y'all really can actively participate in because.
Speaker 2: You're not dating the full lines. Let's talk about someone when we come back as the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, your opinions.
Speaker 28: To the Breakfast Club top come on eight hundred five one.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's d J n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club on b E T. We got our guest co host Flea Monroe here. Tessling Figureo is sticking around because we having a conversation about Ebonie k Williams. She was having a conversation with Ian levon Zan about relationships, and this is.
Speaker 4: What she said.
Speaker 27: Would you date a bus driver? Would you date if he owns the bus, if he owns it, If he owns.
Speaker 6: The bus, that's that's a problem.
Speaker 23: That's a problem because the standards and requisite and I'm not talking about him laying on his sofa playing video games all day. I'm not talking about that. But the standards and the criteria that we use to measure men is off for who we are as women and who they are in the society. I would date a bus drive if he was if he loved driving the bus, if he was a man of integrity, if he was good to his mama, if.
Speaker 6: He treated me well. I would dat a bus drive.
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't the line.
Speaker 2: I want to talk eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one?
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this faith down?
Speaker 16: Carry it?
Speaker 4: Hey? Faith good?
Speaker 2: Moaning to talk to us? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 13: I wouldn't date a bus driving.
Speaker 16: I had a fall on.
Speaker 4: Kay, let me explain a lot Jesus number one.
Speaker 13: It happens to a woman being the old niggers, stuff like that. But you know we're our breadwinners, holding everything down, hold the feeling down, hold.
Speaker 18: The kids down.
Speaker 13: And I don't mind holding anyone down if you're in college and doing what you have to do.
Speaker 20: But the whole one and that one.
Speaker 18: They sit their ass on.
Speaker 13: Oh sorry, well they sit it behind on.
Speaker 20: The sofa and do all I had in the spot.
Speaker 14: And hill men want to be treated with respect, but they don't understand.
Speaker 12: We want to be treated with destructive wealth.
Speaker 13: We got to go get her own nails and her own hair done and everything else to take care of our alcohol.
Speaker 14: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You know, sorry, if she listened to the whole conversation with Evane and I actually said that, damn near verbatim, she was like, you know, I ain't talking about the guy that's sitting around on the couch playing video games.
Speaker 4: All there are you a hard working, honest man.
Speaker 3: But I also feel like people have to start from someplace, right, Like we all started from someplace. I worked at the US Open and I grabbed the balls, and then I sold T shirt. Excuse me, excuse me, I grabbed balls. I did telemarketing like I started, or I started somewhere small, and you know, I started to try to work as hard as I am. So bus drivers all a great job they make, They make good money, they have great benefits that I put them in the same bak as teachers and police officers their public service.
Speaker 9: Let me ask let me so Andy, let me ask you this.
Speaker 10: Let me ask you this question, because again, when I was married, I married a mechanic. I owe, were you when you started when you were talking about those jobs.
Speaker 2: I started working at sixteen, right.
Speaker 9: So Evan's a thirty nine your old woman.
Speaker 10: So when I met my mechanic ex husband, who was a floater and you know, just on an hourly paid I was twenty one. A forty year old woman is not looking for the same thing you would look for at twenty one. So ages things change as you age, you're looking for more stability, more things. And again it's okay today the blue collar guy just want to put that out there. But I also want to say a lot of blue collar men Charlemagne and we were talking about this earlier, they can be very intimidated by women who do make more.
Speaker 9: So I got plenty of girlfriends and say, yeah, all date a god it makes less than me.
Speaker 10: But then if I bring him to the White House correspondence dinner and he's around other men that maybe you know, talk about different things that maybe you know, he's not familiar with, a lot of men feel insecure about that.
Speaker 9: And so it makes it even harder for his sisters to.
Speaker 10: Say, hey, you know, I will help you. Bill's let's come together, don't It's it's a lot to unpack with this question.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I see I don't agree because see, for me, money comes to money goals, right, And at the end of the day, I want somebody that's gonna love me regardless, Like I don't care if they're rich. I don't care if they broke. It's a feeling of love. That's if they're a bus driver, if they do nails. I want that feeling because money come, money go, I'll take care of the money. But if you love me, See you're a man.
Speaker 9: See but see you're a man.
Speaker 17: What you do you know?
Speaker 9: But see men look at it that way.
Speaker 10: Men typically do date women are married, merry, women that have less stand when a woman is successful, particularly a black woman, our dynamics change because the power dynamic changes. So we see plenty of men who are multimillionaires that day of women that a woman that maybe has less education, less money happens all the time. But when the woman is a millionaire, our options are very different than.
Speaker 1: What it is for a man. Don't block that's right, don't block your blessing. It tests you said something. You know when you talk about these millionaires, are you know bringing somebody around these millionaires who may not be a millionaire. Most every day working class people from the hood are way more secure.
Speaker 4: Than these rich ass celebrities.
Speaker 1: Man, these celebrities be so insecure and they egos be so fragile. You could take a them from the block right now, bring him to the met gallon the night and he gonna be the life of the party.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it comes about.
Speaker 18: Let's be clear.
Speaker 9: I'm i date the hood. So let's let's be dated straight out the penitentiary.
Speaker 4: And uh. But the point I'm trying to say, together.
Speaker 9: They got the best sex. Just truth be told. But I just think it's shaming, you know.
Speaker 10: I find it so interesting because when we had the conversation, a lot of men in the comments, white collar men with this, blue collar men, blue collar men with this. Some men that maybe have felonies and bad records. They will call him in the bottom of the barrel. So what I see a lot of is a lot of men are feeling personally rejected by this, and and they're internalizing it.
Speaker 9: And that's what I don't want.
Speaker 23: People to do.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't think it's just men, no test.
Speaker 1: I mean, I see more women standing up for the situation than anything, because most of the women that have these blue collar men.
Speaker 4: But let's go.
Speaker 3: We got Stephanie on the line. Stephanie, she's a wife of a bus driver.
Speaker 15: Go on to Stephanie, Hi, good morning, you know because I want to say that, you know, in regards to they think.
Speaker 12: About driver, you could live the life.
Speaker 15: You could live anywhere any celebrity to live. I lives in Long Island and my husband is the boss driver, and the benefits that they give once thing, you could be sure you're not going to order I R S and you could do all the surgery you want for free on their medical benefits.
Speaker 2: She said, all the surgeries you want on the medical benefits.
Speaker 15: Yes, you could literally get a nake over without paying for.
Speaker 2: It on their medical Basically what you're saying, Yes, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, and I'm so.
Speaker 9: Glad your happiness.
Speaker 10: But Evan's a millionaire woman that made this comment, and she just to give her defense. The salary of a bus driver doesn't even cover what she owed the I R S this year, so that's her preference.
Speaker 4: But that's so funny. She got to pay that bill. I'm here for you.
Speaker 2: Does it to fifty fifty with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna support as much as I can.
Speaker 20: But a lot of men don't.
Speaker 10: A lot of men don't feel that way though, guys, because y'all not single women out here who are successful. She has a different perspective based on her lived experience.
Speaker 9: And again, I.
Speaker 10: Date and marry a man that I may I made more than my husband, and that doesn't necessarily mean that the marriage is gonna work out. We also have to stop this idea that everybody who's a bus driver is the perfect man and everybody who's successful is trash and not a good man with character and loves God and all of those things. You guys are two good men that have all of those attributes who are doing very well. So we have to stop shaming this. Oh, the bus driver is so perfect and the successful man are trash.
Speaker 4: That's not true. I think I don't think nobody said that.
Speaker 1: I think I think Ayana was very Ayana was very specific in saying is saying, if you're a bus driver who has integrity, if you're a bus driver who's honest, if you're a bus driver who loves me.
Speaker 4: She was very specific about that.
Speaker 9: But I'm talking about ms, but I'm talking about the comments.
Speaker 10: But Ebanie also said, all of those things can all of those attributes can still be with a man that's successful. You can still be successful and have integrity and love God and have character.
Speaker 4: That's all all.
Speaker 7: If a man go, she gonna cheat ANYWAYF you don't believe me, look at gen Z Washington, Fensis he went to work every day on the garbage truck.
Speaker 4: He's still cheated on Veila and had a baby with somebody else. I don't care. But it's a real life movie. It's still there.
Speaker 7: It's the same thing because they're talking about me and cheap baby. Let me tell you something. Lots of me and cheap yes even me, and with breasts, lots of me and cheat.
Speaker 2: You our last call and what's your what's your thoughts, Brianna, my thoughts?
Speaker 13: The man it's all about his character.
Speaker 9: That's it about his character.
Speaker 25: You get that's fine.
Speaker 12: But you know in Phillies, buns and folds are just rely knowing to be cheated, So that would be my issue.
Speaker 9: But other than that, no, I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 16: But I'm not a millionaire either, so you know it's different.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't touch the man that came, you know, talking to the say, but I make one hundred thousand, he makes one hundred thousand, then he can pay.
Speaker 13: You know, the majority of the book.
Speaker 12: So that makes me feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: Got you, Well, what's the will of the story.
Speaker 4: The mail of the story? Is none of y'all gonna recognize Jesus when he comes back. Jesus Jesus gonna come back.
Speaker 1: Look, if Jesus come back looking like you look back in the day, y'all not gonna give him no shine whatsoever. Okay, y'all ain't gonna respect the sandals. Y'all ain't gonna respect the little role. Y'all aint gonna want touch to him with that garment. He's gonna have to have on designer some designer shoes driving the maid back for y'all to even recognize him.
Speaker 7: The standards for men are so high. Give me a man with a hustle of driving a dream over a man with a degree.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you, Yeah, the standards for men are not high based on the facts. So that's what I'm saying. We date him in the penitentiary.
Speaker 4: So Emity K.
Speaker 5: Williams says she ain't dating a ton of money.
Speaker 9: That's one lonely a lot. That's one woman.
Speaker 10: The majority of black men. We hold y'all black asses down. Are y'all gonna put some respect on black.
Speaker 1: He tells you, right, but you keep you keep saying, is one woman, But Evan, he did make it a general statement before aster her preference, Before her preference, she made it a general statement.
Speaker 9: We got to be able to switch. We got to be able to hear when she was asked for her though.
Speaker 1: But but then even after as made it a general statement too about women.
Speaker 9: That's a long here to make it a plane statement.
Speaker 4: That was ebony.
Speaker 9: That ain't everybody we date them.
Speaker 10: All Black women hold you down more than anybody. We pray more for you, we fight more for you, we put our houses up for you.
Speaker 9: We know what you we hold you down. So let's not make this about all black women.
Speaker 1: But we know this, and that's why she's receiving. That's why she received the black last year received because people know that that's not yeah, that's all all right.
Speaker 3: Well, when we come back, we got your room and report. We're gonna get into Stephen A. Smith standing up for Neil Long. We got the audio in will break that down and more on moves to the Breakfast Club on b et owning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's the j n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Now, let's talk Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith name or you've got you chatting god. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 21: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast store.
Speaker 3: This was the tea spells right yes on the breakfast club all right. Now, earlier we were talking about Ema A Duque.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's his name, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: But man, if he give him some air freshmer, if he's taking the duque, whoever email is he needed some man fresh and that he taking the duque.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, he was the coach of the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 3: He was let go and he recently got a job with the Houston Rockets, and he was talking about joining the Houston Rockets, and Steven A. Smith was upset that he did not apologize for embarrassing and cheating on Nia Long.
Speaker 2: This is what Stephen A.
Speaker 29: Smith said, Even if they're not together, that is the father of her child. If you mentioned him and another woman, inevitably she's.
Speaker 4: Going to come up. How come nobody thought about the sister? How come they just left out there standing or home. I will always defend her. I will always defend her on this issue. It was how could you do that?
Speaker 29: You didn't have to do it that way, but to have a press conference and put his tacitly or otherwise on front Street. You didn't think about Nia Long at all. But you thought about the other woman who purportedly was white. And the one woman in this equation who was innocent and victimize was not the woman email.
Speaker 4: You Doka was messing around with.
Speaker 6: It was Lei A.
Speaker 18: Long.
Speaker 4: She was the one screwed over Jesus Christ. Even Eh, he's angry, he's frustrated.
Speaker 3: When new Ya Long said thank you Steven A. Smith for your support. The most disrespected person in America is the black woman. Malcolm X.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I think if you publicly embarrassed your significant other, I've seen people apologize for that, like if you had a press converse. Yeah, you should apologize to the to the mother of your child. If that was your I don't think they were married, but you know that's your your woman. I could see an apology there, Yeah, I think because I mean he did talk about it, so yeah, I think he should addressed it. I think he should apologize. Then he apologized to the boss and help the team. I'm not sure I didn't see it. I mean, of course he had to apologies us to the organization, but he should apologize.
Speaker 4: The thing is, yeah, yeah, you mind us all the yelling into screaming, and I don't I agree with stephen A. Yeah, he was hostile Steve.
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like Steven they wanted him to have a whole other press conference put in ne a Longe situation. I don't know if it required that, but I can see him acknowledging it during his apologies to everybody.
Speaker 7: About that whole thing that a brother, a black man stood up for a black woman. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Now, Lorenz Tate, he talks about Hollywood putting more value in British black actors than US actors.
Speaker 30: I feel like Hollywood believes there's more value in British black actors than they do Black actors, and I think a part of it goes into that, oh, they have an audience over there, so they translate international. Going back to that, what I think is, you know, a hoax that we don't sell or we don't we're not valuable, So I think they put that in the mix. And also I just think Hollywood is just in love with the UK and all things you know, British, and so I feel like the black American actor is I see what that decline is, but you know, weird.
Speaker 3: That was on the Earner Leisure podcast, and of course that was my Virgo brother Loren's tape. What's your thoughts on that, guys?
Speaker 1: I saw, you know, I saw Alan Hughes on the Higher Learning podcast with Van, Leathon and Rachel, and he made a good point. He said that, you know, the reason he thinks Hollywood is leaning towards those British actors because a lot of those actors are trained in the theta, you know, so he says he feels like they take the craft more serious. He says, he feels like a lot of American actors are just focused on being being famous.
Speaker 4: And I thought that was a I thought that was a different take, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also fifty cent congratulations of fifty he bought, you ain't as flame with flame thing.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry flame, because you just back past me like I was like an asterisk or footnote or something. Don't don't make me throw this fan at you.
Speaker 19: Vy.
Speaker 5: I'll fight you, you light skin, I'll fight like skin. I won't fight.
Speaker 7: I think I think that Lorenz ty, I don't even hear the frustrated. I think Lorenz has been taking Benjamin Budd and juice. First of all, he has not aged. He looks fantastic, amazing, and he has been a great actor since he played old Dog yes way back when he was a kid. And I hate that the Rose that they're getting, like and I want to say, the guy from Snowfall, Indrius, what's his name?
Speaker 4: He gets a lot of roles and I can see Lorenz playing those Rose.
Speaker 7: Lorenz is a great actor, but he never to me broke out the black acting Arene. I wish he would have been able to cross over and he is a crossover actor, but he just never got the meaty rolls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Lorenz got some legendary rolls.
Speaker 1: No disrespected damnson Nindris, but he should hope to have the career that Lorenz.
Speaker 7: No, But I'm not I'm not bashing Lorenz at I'm saying I wish that he would have got Rose. That would have made him an international star, you know, if he was getting those parts. So I get what he's saying that there is frustration in Hollywood. Hollywood don't mess with me at all. Hollywood petrified me in this truth. But I can see the whether Rinz has a gripe with that because they are giving a lot of and I look, on's the guy from a get Out. He gets a lot of roles, and he's a British actor. Just elper is a actor, you know.
Speaker 3: And I always wonder if if US actors get parts in some of those UK movies or the UK sitcoms.
Speaker 4: I always want to depend.
Speaker 1: Who they are, because you know they alway they always say, you know, the black black actors can't sell internationally, which is some nonsense.
Speaker 4: So I just think they have a select.
Speaker 1: Few of people, that select few group of people that they think can sell internationally that are black, and that's where they go with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And lastly, I just want to congratulate fifty cent.
Speaker 3: He bought a nine hundred and eighty five thousand square for the warehouse Come on fift g unit Films and TV that rumor has. He's gonna kind of create his own what Tyler Perry has in Atlanta. He's gonna create where he purchased this property. He hasn't anounced where he purchased it. I do know, but I'll let him announce that.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be pretty big.
Speaker 3: He's gonna open up a lot of city, he's gonna create a lot of jobs, and I'm super duper excited for fifth souris eight fifty.
Speaker 7: If you listen, let me let me tell you something I need to be on BMF. I want to be my dude brother because my day real religious. I want to be a half brother. But I want to be the candy lady for a big meat she's big tea because I want to be selling drugs and the gun runner and you know, the loan shark because all black neighborhoods when I was growing up in projects, the candy lady sold drugs, fish Dennis, card games, she sold the little uh huh on the low, she sold drugs, she loaned.
Speaker 4: She was the long show.
Speaker 7: I could be that. I could be the unc tee. I'm the gangster unctie. I'm an auntie and the uncle. I'm the unc tie. I'm your auntie. Charlemagne, I'm your untie.
Speaker 4: Shut up playing. I could be if I can see it, all right?
Speaker 2: And that is your rum or report, Now, Charlomagne, are you giving.
Speaker 4: That donkey too? Man?
Speaker 1: Four after the hour, Katie Sorenson, she's actually a Karen uh Man. She's one of the many reasons that believe all women is one of the worst statements ever created.
Speaker 4: But we'll talk about it for after that.
Speaker 8: Hour.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that Nexus to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Come morning on, be eaty the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Your company has goals this year, find the right people to help you achieved them.
Speaker 1: With jipp recruiter, with four out of five employers, get a quality candidate within the first day. Try free at jiprecruiter dot com. Slash breakfast at ZipRecruiter dot com slash breakfast. Don't be out here at you like a donkey, hot bitch, It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 4: I'm a big boy. I could take it if you feel I deserve it. Ain't no big deal, I.
Speaker 1: Know, Charlottage God gonna have honestly say o mouse gotta say something you may not agree with.
Speaker 4: Doesn't mean I'm mean who's getting that donk? That donkey that don't don't don't don't don't donk the other day right here to the breakfast club. Bitches, you can call me the Donkey of the day, but like I'd mean no harm.
Speaker 1: Donkey of to day from Monday May first go to thirty one year old Katie Sare and son. Katie is actually a Karen Ladies and gettlemen. And she's one of the many reasons that believe all women will never be an accurate statement because when you say all you have to include people like her. Okay, you should listen to all women and believe all proof, and Katie is a prime example of this. See Katie posted a widely shared Instagram video in which she claimed that a Latino couple named Sadie Vega Martinez and her husband Eddie Martinez tried to kidnap her two children at a Michael's craft store in California. Let's go to Good Morning America for the report, please.
Speaker 31: Katie Sorenson told the elaborate lie on a sense deleted Instagram video that you just mentioned, claiming a Latino couple she described as not clean cut, tried to kidnap her children.
Speaker 4: Monday this week. My children were the targets attempted kidnap.
Speaker 11: Thirty one year old Katie Sorenson, a mom influencer who posted beauty and motherhood advice, uploaded this video that was viewed more than four million times.
Speaker 1: And I want to share that story with you in an effort to raise awareness as.
Speaker 4: To what science to look for.
Speaker 11: Falsely claiming that strangers tried to kidnap her two young children on December seventh, twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: The Sonoma County.
Speaker 11: DA's office says the videos were posted about a week after Sorenson reported the supposed kidnapping attempt to police. In the video, Sorenson described a number of details about the alleged incident that hadn't been disclosed to police. The accused couple, Sadie and Eddie Martinez, say they actually recognize themselves in this photo and came forward to deny Sorenson's claims.
Speaker 9: She wanted a stronger following. She was looking for, you know, content for her fame and her income and at our expense.
Speaker 1: Wow, First of all, she can't even lie streat Now. I don't put anything past anyone when it comes to crime.
Speaker 4: But we should have.
Speaker 1: Known that story was complete rubbish, hogwash, maloney, and whatever other words white women use for nonsense when she said that it happened in a Michael's craft store. The only people in Michael's are other stretch parents getting materials for their kids' school projects. Nobody in Michaels is looking to take more kids, Okay, If anything, they're trying to get rid of the one they got. All right, Katie, you know you put a Latino couple in dangers simply because you was trying to get some engagement on Instagram.
Speaker 4: She calls herself one of those mom florencers.
Speaker 1: So you went to Michaels and created a whole story about a couple trying to kidnap your kids just for likes and retweets, and oh she got them. Over four million people watched that video, according to court records. And not only does she lie, when officers from the police department followed up with her, she actually identified the couple from a surveillance video at the Michael Store as the kidnappers. That couple fully cooperated with the investigation and denied the allegations being made against them. I don't even like the fact that they worded it like that in the New York Times. Has denied the allegations being made against them. No, they told the truth. She lied, fully cooperated with the investigation. No, they was asked about a lie that was told on them, and they said, what the hell are y'all talking about? All right, and Katie is only facing a maximum of six months in jail. Her bell was set at one hundred thousand, that's not high enough. Does she realize the type of lie she told is what got Emmett Till killed? Does she realize the type of lie she told is why the Central Park I was incarcerated for no damn reason.
Speaker 4: That's why there is no such thing as a little white lie. Okay.
Speaker 1: When whites lie, especially on brown and black people, the consequences are huge.
Speaker 4: Bigley and Katie, you didn't even think this.
Speaker 1: Through, Okay, to nerve you to accuse this Latino couple of attempting to kidnap your kids? And this is another reason we should have known she was lying because Latinos already have nineteen kids in their own. Why would a Latino couple steal a blue eyed man ain't flavor baby when they have thirty two hard working brown children of their own. Okay, if she really wanted, you know, people to believe a Latino couple tried to kidnap her kids, she should have said it happened outside of home.
Speaker 4: DEEPO, all the DMV but Michael's craft dot stop it. Okay. This woman did all of this just to boost her ig following and raise money.
Speaker 1: Just one simple lie on ig got a beautiful Latino couple investigated by the police. But y'all really believe this society is ready for AI y'all really think this society is ready for deep fakes. We don't even know reality from fantasy now, yet we have all this new technology that is about to make it even worse.
Speaker 4: Please, letry Ma give Katie saurus and the biggest he huh he ha he ha.
Speaker 3: You stupid, dumb, very dangerous, very dangerous what a cookie say, donkey of other day.
Speaker 5: This is for you, Katie, Cookie Mommy.
Speaker 7: I feel bad for all the people that was following and found out how dumb they was because she dumb.
Speaker 4: But y'all dumb with than she is, because y'all following a good guy and.
Speaker 1: The fact that she looked at a surveillance video and pointed out a couple Sadie Vega Martinez and her husband, Daddy Martinez.
Speaker 4: You know what could have happened to those people? Yes, right at all? And she only gonna get a maximum of six months.
Speaker 3: Come on, stop man, All right, well, thank you for that donkey today her and we'll see you guys tomorrow on b E T piece. Everybody else, let's open up the phone. Lines eight hundred and five eight five one five one. Let's talk pd A. You know what PDA stands for?
Speaker 4: Uh huh to stand for hey dudes? After the show? No, no, no.
Speaker 3: Public display of affection. Now, this is coming from Tamarl Braxy. She was out with her boo, her fiance.
Speaker 4: They were in the car.
Speaker 2: His name is Jr. And they were kissing and her son was in the back seat.
Speaker 3: His name is Logan. It was like, what is happening. I'm so mad at JR. Right now, So let's talk about it. Do you have public display of affection with your kids around?
Speaker 2: That is the question. Every time me and my wife kiss, my daughter loved and goes like you throwing up.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't have public display of affection in front of my children because I don't have a significant other. But if you did, would you probably yes, because I think that teachers children love, especially when it is affectionate.
Speaker 4: And you see that a husband and wife or the partners love each other.
Speaker 7: You know, they displays of affection of you in the kitchen, cooking or washing dishes, and your wife come and slap you on the butt, and you know, you smile and she smiles, and the children see that because kids are sponges, so they see everything that's happening.
Speaker 5: They see all the bad, so why wouldn't they see the good.
Speaker 7: I mean, you ain't gonna go bust down in front of your kids, but of course you're gonna show love and affection because when they grow up, when they get with their spouses, their significant others.
Speaker 4: You want them to be able to express that same kind of love. So they need to see that example. But we'll talk.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it more when we come back, and we'll take your phone calls. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 28: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Talk about it morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Flea Monroe here and we're talking about pd A public display of affection.
Speaker 2: We're asking when you're around your kids, do you show pd A?
Speaker 4: That is the question.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 2: Me and my wife we show all the PDA hugs.
Speaker 3: Kiss I grab a all the time, but she's cooking and clean and she grabs my ass too. Yes, we show PDA in front of our kids because, like Blame and Rose said earlier, yeah, you want to show that because you want to.
Speaker 2: Create that in your kids' lifestyle.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be you don't want to have kids that don't show relations, don't show love, don't show the fact that they can, you know, be vulnerable with somebody. So we do that in our family plain and the world is touchless.
Speaker 4: The world seems to be trying to be touchless right now.
Speaker 7: You know the affection, so they should see that affection because kids really do pick up that, and you'll argue in front of them.
Speaker 4: So why wouldn't you hug show the love and affection.
Speaker 1: Not only do I do PDA in front of my kids, I encourage it. Okay, kids need to see that parents absolutely.
Speaker 4: Love each other. And I am a sensitive emotional cancer. I need it.
Speaker 1: I need love constantly. I need to be hugged on, I need to be kissed on. And you know that is just something that I do to my wife, and I encourage other parents to do it as well. I encourage other couples to do it as well, and.
Speaker 18: Not just you know.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if you could. You should show public displays of.
Speaker 1: Affection with your kids to you should hug on your kids and kiss your kids and tell your kids you love them. And ah, yes, I need all of that all the time. I do all of that even if you if you're a friend of mine, you know I need a hug every just yes, you know it. I need a hug when I come, I need a hug when I leave. I need to know that you love me.
Speaker 2: You don't give me a hug when you come because you you nasty.
Speaker 19: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You think you my wife? No, you think you my wife. That's why Jesse Larrus calls us gusbands.
Speaker 2: Now, I just you know, when you come to work, I would like a nice hug every once in a while.
Speaker 1: I do hug you every now and then day I try to hug you, and you said no because you was you had on sweats, you.
Speaker 2: Turned on see that. No, let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 16: Oh all right, this is Maria.
Speaker 4: Hey Maria, good morning, talk to her.
Speaker 14: You know it was interesting.
Speaker 16: My husband and I've done married almost twenty years and I'm calling them Detroit by the way. Sorry, We've been married almost and we have an eighteen year old and almost thirteen year old, and one thing that we've been intentional about is showing them all healthy examples or examples of healthy love example. So we do show affection in front of our children. Now, what we won't do is we won't be out in public slotting each other down. I think that's a big watch.
Speaker 4: I mean, what do you call it? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean the tone kids might be a little bit crazy, but you know, the regular kissing and you know the hugging is fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Holding hands, yeah, I mean, oh that that is my absolute favorite envy. I love to see couples whole hands. Holding hands are such a great display of affection because you really have to like a person. They always think it's kissing, But to hold somebody's hand and you feel that the love coming through the energy, that is the most beautiful, the display of affection of love to.
Speaker 3: Me, hands every day, Like, I don't care if we walk into a movie theater, walking in the mall, or we just walk into our kids.
Speaker 4: You want to let me hold my wife hand. Look I'm holding my wife hand.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 4: I just think it's the difference between PDA in four play.
Speaker 1: I don't think you should do nothing in public that actually would lead to y'all doing the due so that.
Speaker 4: Those big tongue kisses can lead to the duke being done, you know what I mean? Mike, Good morning, baby, Mike.
Speaker 6: What's up another day?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 3: Sounds like you need a hug right now, brother, right, talk to us. What do you think about PDA in front of your kids?
Speaker 4: Man? I feel like.
Speaker 19: They got to see the good in the relationship.
Speaker 1: In front of them instead of all like Instagram and TikTok and following all these social media relationships.
Speaker 12: That need to see that that relationship with mom and dad and the home, you know what I mean. So I really feel like, you know, the kids do need to see that, maybe not all of it, but instead of so much ground in front of them and following up online. I feel like they really do need to see that face to face.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, and I see it with my kids.
Speaker 3: Like me and my wife show a lot of PDAs, so my kids are very affectionate when it comes to me and my wife.
Speaker 2: They're always hugging they're always kissing.
Speaker 3: They're always hugging and kissing each other because we show it so much and it's and it's normal and we want it to be normal. Like if my kids don't see me and I don't pick them up and they don't come running to me and get me, it makes me feel the way and my kids do it every day. That's the best feeling. I tell everybody. That's the best feeling in the world. Not money, nothing. When Mike, when I pick up my kids from school and they come running like they haven't seen me in six months, and they jump on me, they're hugging the kiss Oh my god, oh my paint away.
Speaker 1: How about this if you if we got you know, I do cheerleading competition. You know, I'm a ship dad. You know, after the meat, when y'all do good, you don't hug nobody first before you hug me and them talk about you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It might be kind of tight too, but no, bro, yes, you kill me, of.
Speaker 4: Course, your of course your teammates. As soon as y'all finished performing, y'all hugging on each other.
Speaker 1: But once y'all, you know, meet back with the parents, you don't hug no coaches or nobody until you come hug your mommy and daddy.
Speaker 3: We come hug your daddy, Mammy, hug your daddy first, and mommy gave mommy.
Speaker 4: Or that's right, yeah, this is me. You're hugging him both at the same time. Jesus Christ eight hundred.
Speaker 3: When we're talking PDA public displays of affection, do you do it in front of your kids?
Speaker 4: Let's discuss.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 28: It's topic times. Call eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the.
Speaker 4: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody, seej Envy, Charlamagne, the God.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Now if you're just joining us, we're talking p d A public displays of affection.
Speaker 2: We're asking do you do it in front of your kids?
Speaker 4: I say yes, I do it.
Speaker 3: I hold hands, I love, I hug, I grab my wife's butt like yes, I show PDA absolutely positively.
Speaker 7: I have a brother and sister, Well they're my friends. They not really, but I call it my brother and sisters. See how they've been married for twenty six years. They still hold hands, they still walk to you, they still cook together, and they still conversate with each other. So if we're all around because he's the cook, tires the cook, and Elon this is white goes with my friends, but they still friendly to each other. It really inspires me because I always said I never wanted to get married, but watching them interact with each other as friends, even though they've been married for such a long time, makes me inspire to.
Speaker 4: Be like, maybe I'll fall in love again.
Speaker 7: I seriously doubt it, but you know, I'm just saying so if it does it for me and I'm grown, you can only imagine what it does for their children or for children when they see that.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the full lines. We got Marvin on the line, Marvin, good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm Marvin, good morning, every good morning. Following what's your daughters?
Speaker 19: I want to say this like I'm a young black man whoever young son, and I do think PDA is important for young kids to see, especially in our communities, and mainly because you know, we go around listening to a line of these songs and we're a little bit hypocritically. You know a lot of these new new young rappers talk about you know, bus down this and doing all that.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 19: I do think it's important for our young kids to see that we do love each other and show affecsions to each other in a certain way, as long as it gonna get you too crazy out of hand, you know, not wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a difference between PDA and full play.
Speaker 1: And I'm a person who grew up. Man, I don't remember getting all that love when I was a kid, you know what I'm saying. I don't remember getting especially from my pops. I don't remember getting like hugs and you know, I love you from my dad. So you know, that does have an impact on you as you get older. So I want to be the father that absolutely positively shares that all throughout my household.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I did get the love as a kid, but my family, my my six kids and my wife, we are overly with it.
Speaker 4: And I love it.
Speaker 3: And like I said, I love seeing my kids together. I love seeing even like you know, I got a seventeen month old in the crib. My seventeen month old can sense it in the house and she gives hugs and kisses and grabs faces and big hugs.
Speaker 2: And that's because she's seeing her siblings, which I love.
Speaker 4: That's truight.
Speaker 12: Hello is this it's Pam.
Speaker 2: Hey Pam, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning Pam.
Speaker 12: So you and Lane loves you both.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We have Fla Monroe here as well today this morning.
Speaker 18: So I wanted to comment on a PDA.
Speaker 12: And I agree with it.
Speaker 16: I have a daughter from a previous relationship and.
Speaker 15: My husband has one as well, and when we were dating, I told him.
Speaker 16: Listen, they need to see, you know, a healthy type of love.
Speaker 12: So I think it's okay for us to kiss in front of him and hug in.
Speaker 20: Front of him so they know what that looks like.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, lead, and he's gotten.
Speaker 18: More comfortable with it, so I.
Speaker 14: Think it's good. I clung and hands trying to address.
Speaker 12: Each other in front of the kids. Then I think it's.
Speaker 4: Kids that is lead by example. That's right, and listen, I like, I agree with you. You shouldn't do anything that looks like four play.
Speaker 1: But I do like to embarrass my fourteen year old At this point, I will run behind my wife and you know, like start thrusting.
Speaker 4: No, no, but I do that, do that. But she's fourteen now, so she understands that I'm doing that just to embarrass her.
Speaker 3: You know, but also like even you know, my son is nineteen and he'll do something and I'll run upon him and i' kiss him. She and I don't kid like that's my son, my you my son, And I'm embarrassing, I know, but I should have loved.
Speaker 4: See. The only problem with that is Logan looks like more of a man than you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like logan like logan diesel, like Logan should be on the front of men's health magazine. So if people don't know that's your son, they're like, damn, manb you got.
Speaker 4: A little tender. Yes, it'd be kissing on a little tender.
Speaker 1: The story, the moral of the story is man, spread love man like like like that woman said that we so used to seeing unhealthiness now in our society that that love looks foreign to people like man, Yes, love on your people, because you know, time ain't tomorrow, ain't promised bron tomorrow this afternoon, all right right, The great the worst mistake we all make is thinking that we got time. Love on your people, absolutely all right. When we come back, we got your room and report.
Speaker 3: And also let me shout out to the workers at raymore and flat again, they delivered something at my mom's crib.
Speaker 2: And when they delivered it, they see my picture.
Speaker 3: It was like that looked like DJ mean and they were super duper polite, super duper car and they helped my mom with so many different things at the crib. So my mom texted me this morning said make sure you shout out them young boys from Raymond and playing again. Well, thank you, thank you brothers for taking me taking care of mom dukes and pop dukes. All right, when we come back, we got your room report. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Only everybody, it's DJ Envy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club on this Monday. We got our guest co hosts Flaming Road and let's get to the roomors. Let's talk Pharrell, call out the name or you've gossip. This is the rumor report.
Speaker 21: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells right on.
Speaker 4: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now shout out to Pharrell.
Speaker 3: Farrell came back to the seven five to seven with his own festival, Let's called Something in the Water. And over the weekend he had so many different performances from Clips Chris Brown, Day La Soul, Grace Jones, Little Wayne, Wou Tang, Buster Rhoms, and so many more. The festival brings out a lot of people, always safe and does a lot for the city.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: Day three was canceled due to the weather because the weather was just disgusting and it was also streaming, So shout to the whole seven five to seven Now. One of the dope things that I've seen over the weekend was, well, we could start off with Chris Brown. Chris Brown was a performing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Pharrell also gives Chris Brown his flowers before the performance.
Speaker 8: Listen, there's only one of you.
Speaker 6: There's only one of you.
Speaker 4: Nay flowers again begs some noise. The Panes singing is video breaking.
Speaker 1: Singing, dude, R and B and pop music until now begs some noise for our brother Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Brown came out and killed it.
Speaker 3: Now also or what I thought was probably one of the best performances of the weekend what I've seen so far, and I think he's probably the best performer that I've ever seen as far as hip hop is concerned.
Speaker 4: Buster Rohms performed absolutely so.
Speaker 2: Buster brought out Coyl Loerray and they did it together. He killed it.
Speaker 3: They Busted did this this new thing that I seen him do with. He's rapping and Splip Star, which is his hype man. He comes up to bust his mouth and turns the volume down on his mouth and then while Buster is rapping in that high, Tony was going.
Speaker 4: Down, filling down. They've been doing that for a while.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that in a long time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the thing about Busted that's so dope is his energy level is unmatched and he just has an air of showmanship that you can't teach.
Speaker 7: When they did the hip hop tribute on the Grammys, oh Buster killed it. Oh yeah, Buster came out and shook it up.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 5: I said, come on, and they're doing a tribute for the for the BT Wars this year.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 7: I'm the first Queen of Beat. I'm the first trans woman ever to be on BT. Really they should have me hosted with you guys. I was the first one for Real Comic View two thousand and four, and in two thousand and five show Underwood and I had a big spec on Comic View, highest rating Comic View of all this of all the years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well then when after Coiler Ray got off, she uh, she had something to say for all the haters out there.
Speaker 9: People talked every second day every day is.
Speaker 4: A hate on my.
Speaker 6: On my name of her mouth.
Speaker 15: Somebody's got something weird.
Speaker 4: But the best thing that got me here is my team and of course number one gone.
Speaker 9: You can't do them without them, period. So if you are selfish on some I'm doing myself, don't be one of them.
Speaker 4: And also what she said that I thought was dope.
Speaker 3: And she was like, you know, I'm always gonna pay homage to the people that came before me, and she gave Buster Roms's.
Speaker 2: His flowers and I thought that was dope as well.
Speaker 4: That was coil Ray.
Speaker 2: So that was something in the water festival, something in the water now.
Speaker 3: Also last week, Usher was sitting down with Big Boy out in LA and he talked about how it would be if he did a versus with Chris Brown.
Speaker 26: You know, when it comes to versus Chris Brown, Usher versus yep. You know, would you have done or would you do something like a versus yelling me and Chris.
Speaker 4: Will kill the world if we ever did something together like that.
Speaker 32: I'm not saying it's versus, but I will I'm gonna just say this, if that ever happens, it'll be one of the biggest things that anybody has ever experienced in entertainment, in celebration of two people who love each other. Because I love Chris. I don't like him, I don't like his music, I love his music.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 32: He's my little brother and he's always been there for me, and I've always been there with him through hard ups and down times. I've been there with him, and you know, for us to be able to celebrate what we do together, man, that'll be crazy. I'm gonna just leave it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever y'all call it, whether it's a versus or a celebration of love or whatever it is. Usher Usher Usher, Usher takes that and Chris Brown is dope. But I keep trying to tell y'all there's certain people catalogs you don't want to go up against because they got nuclear weapons.
Speaker 4: Usher got twenty nukes.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 7: I want to hear the music, but I want to see the dance battle between them, because both of them brothers can get it.
Speaker 4: They will wash Usher with dancing, but move tho. But Chris Christy. Chris is a great dancer.
Speaker 1: Chris Chris, come in and Chris Chris Chris definitely. I think Chris probably got the upper hand when it comes to dancing. We're talking about so we're talking about songs. Come on, man, come on man, and put clearly and not just Chris Brown puts on a great show, but clearly Usher puts on a great show. Because everybody running the Vegas every weekend to watch Usher for how long?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 4: Stop playing with Usher Mann? Should you make me want to leave the wine?
Speaker 1: And with nuclear that's a nuke, that's a nuclear weapon. That is a nuclear bomb. When you play a record like you make me want, that's right?
Speaker 4: And lastly, flame More.
Speaker 3: You were in the room of report that we've seen over the weekend that a couple of days ago that your car caught on fire.
Speaker 4: So we were trying to blow your car. Oh my god, I was a child.
Speaker 7: No, it was an electrical issue with the car. And my my Jeep Ranger is in the shot for the same thing. So they gave me a rental car and Grand Cherokee. You did the same thing as lecture problem. I don't know what's going on with Jeep in Chrysler, but they better fix it.
Speaker 8: Zone.
Speaker 7: No, it just because they said that there was eight thousand. No, there's eight miles of wiring in these new cars. You know, all these chips and if one chip bad, it could just mex up the core whole car. The car just erupted in fire. If it hadn't been at my house, it would have burned up my house.
Speaker 13: What were you?
Speaker 7: We were at Chris Spencer's one hour taping. Chris Spencer taped his one hour special for Netflix, and we were at the taping and we when we came out, the car was burned up.
Speaker 2: Thank god, you weren't driving, you weren't in it.
Speaker 4: I thank god it wasn't at home.
Speaker 7: I had left the dogs and ran in the store and left them in the or my sixteen year old who won't go in the sore.
Speaker 4: She just sit in the car.
Speaker 7: We don't know what happened, but you know, I want to give out this is my positive message too. With this, you never know where angel is gonna come from. So when I posted the picture, I should have posted that it just was electrical. But we were waiting to get word from the fire marshals. Joe Coy comedian Joe Coy inboxed me and say, hey, you okay and just send me a couple of thousand dollars for no reason.
Speaker 4: I said, I don't need the money. I would like to go on tour with you. I really don't need the money.
Speaker 7: But it was just the gesture of the reason that I never met Joe coy I have interviewed him on Laugh and Learn, on my podcast that's where Black Effect Network, but I've never met him face to face to put a hug around him and just for him to do that. And I'm telling you so many comedians reached out down this videos. Let me tell you why I never clip back at trolls or haters, because if you ugly, there is nothing I can say to you that will hurt you more than you looking in the mirror and send.
Speaker 4: A reflection that's not back at you.
Speaker 7: There is nothing I can say that will hurt you more than you looking at your own face.
Speaker 5: So if you ugly, you will never get a rash for me.
Speaker 7: If you pretty, I might say somebod If you ugly, y'all wonder why I never clapped back.
Speaker 4: I don't have to, But what if I don't think I'm ugly. That ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to remind people that's what the good, that's what the beauty of a good clap back.
Speaker 4: But that ain't one here.
Speaker 7: How you go at them, you attack the heart. Remember, in spite of man, you don't get the person you go after something they love you go at to. Your mama should have had selective cuckoo, because she wouldn't have messed around with your daddy and then you would have came out.
Speaker 4: You ain't mad at me.
Speaker 5: You mad at your mama for being so free.
Speaker 4: You can say you ugly, You got your mama's features.
Speaker 7: And whatever whoever she told your daddy was because good God. All right, catch me this weekend at Yonker's Comedy Club. Two shows Friday, two shows said, I'm telling you right now, the dresses is nasty, the mouth is ignorant. I'm gonna be dripping. You might see a nipple. I'm just letting you know. You might see a nipple, all right.
Speaker 2: The People's Choice mixes up next week was not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We got our co hosts, Flame Monroe, who's here with us now, Flame you and Yonkers this weekend right.
Speaker 7: I'm at Yonkers Comedy Club two shows Friday, two show Saturday's two show Saturday, hosted by Robin Montague. You can follow her. Robin is funny. We're gonna have a great time. It's a beautiful club. So it it's single to Mayo weekend.
Speaker 4: That's ridy.
Speaker 7: All the Latino X, all the Porto Rifas, all the Mexicos, all the Porto Rifas and the Mexico come out and get drunk with me. We're gonna have a great time. If you've never seen me live, do stand up what you see right here. I'm curbing my enthusiasm right here because I got a list of what I can say. I'm to see me on stage when I don't got no this and I can say anything. I'm telling it all. We will have a great time. So get your tickets, come hang out with us. We have a blast all right. Hey, you know what, speaking of tickets, man, I just want to say real quick. Next Tuesday, made nine at seven pm, I will be doing a conversation with the Good Brother Bishop td Jake's at the City College of New York. It's called a Disruptive conversation because Bishop Jakes has a book coming out called Disruptive Conversations, and we'll be discussing the importance of shaking up the status quo the Transform.
Speaker 4: Society for the Better. D Nice DJ D Nice is providing the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Man So next Tuesday at City College in New York at seven pm Disruptive Conversations with myself and Bishop td Jake's. So go get your tickets right now.
Speaker 7: That's pretty dope, Sharlan Man Tomorrow. If I'm gonna give a shout out to my mother, tomorrow's my mother, I'll be here. I give it to one tomorrow. Tomorrow's my mother's birthday, Miss Valerie.
Speaker 4: You canna be here them all.
Speaker 32: I know.
Speaker 4: I said I'll do it tomorrow.
Speaker 7: But I have a book out, Audible book with James Hannaham called didn't Nobody give Up?
Speaker 4: Can I say that word? Nope?
Speaker 7: Did nobody give a s? What happened to Colada? It was the number two audible book for twenty twenty two. It was the first time I did it.
Speaker 19: Did it.
Speaker 7: It was the hardest work I've ever done, because I had to sit in a move couldn't move with the headphones on for eight hours. But it was three hundred dollars an hour for nine days. It was pretty lucrative. And the book is doing fantastic according to women who at home cleaning. My voice is very soothing. My boy suited you asked you. And my video with Macy Gray is coming out this week. I did a video with Mason Gray called cop Killer. That's pretty dope, so I'm having that. Yeah, I killed the police officer in the video. And then and so when we were shooting in video in Me Charlemagne, we were in a death of the road because it was late at night. So I'm fighting with the police officers of my police officer. They had the little lights to make it like the real police came. I'm fighting with the girl. It was a female. I'm throwing all up against the car and everything. She had police she couldn't handle all this. I'm throwing all over the car and everything, which is why we should have participate in sports with women, because we're way stronger.
Speaker 5: And the real police came. So Macy run into the police.
Speaker 4: That's my wed. I was like all of a sudden.
Speaker 7: We're just making a video because I didn't want to get shot. Wow, oh he was he started left. Macy was there to say because if she had not interjected, it looked like I was fighting police officer.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 2: That video is out right now, it comes out Wednesday, Wednesday.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: It's a good song too, got a great hook, cop Killer. It's gonna be a real thug. Look like a thug.
Speaker 4: Get it.
Speaker 5: I take my wig off and everything.
Speaker 4: Jesus, all right. Looked like Charlie Man.
Speaker 2: James is gonna be in town. Why don't we get him to come a host one day with us?
Speaker 1: Uh, well, he's coming to be He's definitely coming to be a guest. I don't know if you got time to guest host, but he's gonna be a guest. He's gonna be it next year, I think the same day.
Speaker 7: Okay, the Potter's House, babies house, all right, tell the Potter's House to pray for me because somebody burn my rent We thought somebody burn my rental.
Speaker 4: Call up in it just blew up.
Speaker 2: But you all right.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely all right. But I lost some shoes, I lost the jacket, I lost some wigs. Part of me was burned. Wow, that's that's that, the wigs and the shoes, because this party ain't burned when we come back.
Speaker 3: We got the positive. Notice the Breakfast Club, Good morning. Everybody is cej Envy, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We'll see you guys tomorrow and of course Flame Monroel will be back tomorrow and you could catch us on BT every morning at nine a m. Again, I just want to salute to all the dance dads out there and cheered dads this week and my daughter's had competitions and I love it because I'm seeing so many different people from so many different areas this weekend. They competed against Philly, Delaware, and Maryland, so it was a pretty cool competition. Brooklyn was number one in her division and then their whole group came out in number one as well.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to them and try body.
Speaker 7: Congratulations to Envy still as Charlamagne's daughter, they were in competition.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 7: Encouragement, that's the positive, y'all encourage all children. I'm telling you, that's how it flows over. That is how it flows over.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you got a positive Charllemaanne well, I just want to remind everybody that to day is the first day of Mental Health Away in this month as well, so I'll be doing a lot of events this month because you know, I am a mental health advocate and I want to say happy born Day to a light in my life, a light and a lot of our I was the good sister Rachel Edwards. Yesterday was her born day, so happy born Day to Rachel. She is definitely a light and that's my positive note. Man, learn to light a candle in the darkest moment of someone's life.
Speaker 4: Be the light that helps others see. It is what gives life its deepest significance. Breakfast Club, you y'all finish for y'all. Done.