Speaker 1: Well, the met Galla took place Monday night in New York City. It was the Carl Lagerfeld A Life of Beauty theme. It honored the late fashion designer who used to work for Chanelle. So that's why you saw all the pearls and the black and white and all the stars. I mean it was. It was wonderful as usual. My favorites right off the bat. Jennifer Lopez, Viola Davis.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, Yes beautiful. Also we got to give a shout out Serena Williams date Reena baby bumps, second pregnancy, second baby on the way with her husband Aluxis. This was just I was so yeah, I was so happy for her. Also, Lil nas X he shut it down. He came dressed in silver paint crystals head to toe with a thong on tell everybody else bye bye, go home. Rihanna White of course down beautiful with a fabric roses all right, Shirley, who you got girl?
Speaker 1: Kardashian, Mary j Cardi b with yes is. Ever, the only one I wasn't crazy about was Janelle Monette.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Janelle money. But I did like times. I liked her dress. I saw her and let's see who. You can go on the internet and see everything you want. That's what we saw.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, yes, it was incredible. Incredible. In other entertainment news, this past Saturday night, the comedian Roy Wood Junior host to the White House Correspondence Dinner. Roy defended Vice President Kamala Harris and talked about the double standard of how she's been treated. Take a listen.
Speaker 3: The most insulting scandal to fall to the feet of the Biden administration was placed at the feet of by Madame Vice President. The scandal of what does Kamala which is a disrespectful question. That's a disrespectful question because nobody ever asked that question of the vice president until a woman.
Speaker 4: Got the job.
Speaker 3: Nobot I asked you, I don't know what Mike Pence did. The only thing I know about Mike Pence is that he's really good at playing hide and seek at the Capitol. You got to be crafted to catch Mike Pence in that capital. You know all the nips and prans.
Speaker 1: Right there. That boy, funny, Roy Wood is funny.
Speaker 4: Said that you got some good franks too. I take my hand off to him. You got some good frank calls.
Speaker 1: So Stee, What do you think about that? Why is it that black women leaders are almost always criticized and the VP is held to a double standard, Because.
Speaker 4: For the course, it's look at Obama, look at the standard he was held to, and now look at the standard that's required for Donald Trump. If you went from high standards to no standards. Yeah, right, because he's a white guy, and he is everything they would want to be. He's rich, he's famous, he's a player, he got his name on buildings, he got a plane with his name on the side of it, the American Dream. So now the fact that he's im moral, the fact that he doesn't pay taxes, which is non patriotic, the fact that he's im moral, which is non republican, which is because he has hookers and porn stars while he's married, because he could take a playboy bunny up to his house while he's married, show her around his wife's rule. Who do that? Damn? And then he's still good enough to be president of the United States for you to point at your children and say, this is who we elected, This is who represents our country. You don't think the rest of the world see that. So y'all know, man, they they've always been that way. And and and VP Harris is being subjected to it too, because what do the vice president do? Hell, what did any of them do? They don't stand by in case something happened to.
Speaker 1: The president's right, right, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it is a double standard for her based on the white predecessors, white men. Yeah, he's screwtinized everything she does.
Speaker 4: It's the first, she's a first. Hold up, let me tell you something. Do you know until Michelle Obama was first lady, nobody ever attacked the first ladies?
Speaker 1: They were off limits.
Speaker 4: That's true, That's so true. Now Here all the hell billy ass politicians in West Virginia and all these other places talking about her, talking about she a monkey, and all this hell, nobody ever attacked a vice presidential Uh, the first lady of the president. They were off limits. Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody gonna say nothing about Jill Biden. Didn't nobody say nothing about Lady Bird Johnson, Didn't nobody say nothing about Jackie Old, say nothing about Nancy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nancy Reagan.
Speaker 4: Millennia was off limits. Man. But then you know some people still did that too. Our country's just headed in that direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it is. You're right, Steve, and moving on. In more entertainment news, pop music star Ed Sheeran is being sued by the estate of Marvin Gay. He's being suit for one hundred million dollars over his alleged theft of elements from Let's Get It On and used without permission on Sharon's Grammy Award winning song Thinking Out Loud Now. The trial is happening now. While on the witness stand, demonstrated with his guitar his songwriting process and admitted he can't read music. He kind of bragged that he'd written ten new songs in half a week, So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Gay family, don't give.
Speaker 1: A da Yeah, and Parrell coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Judge Steve is back. We'll talk about it right after this. Yeah, you're listening hard Morning show